Speaker 1: I opened the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six nine the games Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: All right, reminder, four day passes for Welcome to Rockville will be up for grabs today. To qualify for those, be sure you vote for you, says we play at JR Facebook page. That voting will open at seven twenty and be available until nine o'clock. Somebody who votes randomly picked to go to the full weekend of Welcome to Rockville. TALKO yeah next week, and don't worry. We'll remind you as we get closer to when it's posted.
Speaker 3: Seven.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Bulldog, can't wait for Rockville. Wet Willy is gonna be there this year. I hear they're gonna play their hit Keep on Smiling, lots of other great hits by Wet Willie.
Speaker 3: I want to give him what Willy, don't you? That's kinda be give him the three stooges.
Speaker 2: I poke.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: Speaking of ipokes, the timber Wolves gave the Warriors that I poke last night. Steph Curry did not play. In fact, I don't think Steph Curry's gonna play the rest of this series, which means I think the Minnesota Timberwolves are gonna win this series. They won last night one seventeen to ninety three. That series now tied one. All yeah, Steph Curry not playing and without him, the Warriors offense just falls apart because he opens up He not only hits three point shots like nobody at history, but he opens up the floor for everybody else. And with him not playing, everything's just sort of clogged up, and the Warriors I don't think can win this series. So, by the way, it's looking like we're gonna have an Oklahoma City Thunder Minnesota Timberwolves Western Conference Finals, and it would not be It would not surprise me at all if the Indiana Pacers won the East because they're beating the Cleveland Cavaliers two to ohero Now it looks like the Knicks could upset the Celtics. They're up to OHO in that series. So if it's the Knicks and the Pacers in the Eastern Conference Finals, I think the Pacers are a better team in the Knicks, which means we could have an Oklahoma City, Indiana NBA Finals, which for you know, pretty appealing for the NBA officionados out there, But the casual viewers, I don't think you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Watch Championship from the heartland, right.
Speaker 4: I would love it, but I don't think that's gonna lure a lot of casual viewers to the NBA.
Speaker 2: Well, first things first, she got Cleveland and Indiana tonight, and okay, seeing Denver.
Speaker 3: Well, well let's let's see how we'll see.
Speaker 1: What you say a casual fan, I scroll by the finals and I haven't clicked on it yet for any of the games i've seen it, I've seen them listed my guide and have not clicked on it since the Magic Round. I don't mean seem like a better Magic fan of just I give her right sass about it, to be straight up, Well.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your full enthusiasm in this segment, Taco, right, Well, the segment I'm enthused about. I love you, love the dog. I just think the NBA kind of maybe we should go to the F one desk.
Speaker 2: Lights are literally out at the F one desk this weekend. It's off weekend for the Italian Grand Prix next week. I was just google and realize that, But how is that for enthusiasm? We do have a NASCAR action on Mother's Day from Kansas, Kansas.
Speaker 4: Remember when NASCAR would not race on Mother's Day? Big Bill Frantz always said, we won't race on Mother's Day or Easter.
Speaker 3: Well, guess what.
Speaker 4: TV contracts now call for them the race on Mother's Day. And watch out for Kyle Larson at Kansas because.
Speaker 3: That man dominates that track. Okay, this pull dog once again going out on a limb. What else we have in sports?
Speaker 4: Sad news in Major League Baseball yesterday and for baseball in Central Florida. Chet Lemon three time All Star outfielder for the Tigers.
Speaker 3: He's seventy seventy seventy years old.
Speaker 4: He lived in a Popka former After he retired from baseball, he started the chet Lemon Baseball School in Lake mary coach baseball at the AAU level. Actually coached Eustace High School from two thousand and one to two thousand and eight. Led Eustace to the state championship in two thousand and three, so he had a big impact on youth baseball in Central Florida. Coached a lot of former Major League players from the area, including Zach Grinke from a Popka so chet Lemon again he was an All Star, but in Central Florida he was a mentor, a coach, and sort of a molder of young lives. So he will be missed, no doubt about that. What else do we have.
Speaker 2: Planthers tonight, who you say are gonna make the big return as they're on home ice for game.
Speaker 4: They threw them ice to the ice tonight and again the Maple leaves one two up there. Now they come down to South Florida. So hopefully my Panthers will win tonight. Uh, there's there's a major talk. By the way, guys, I think this is gonna happen. I know, we don't talk a lot about horse racing unless it's the Kentucky Derby, And we talked earlier in the week about sovereignty that Kentucky Derby winner is gonna skip the pre this because I guess he wants to rest up for the Belmont. And there's a lot of talk that the preaked this is, you know, too soon after the Kentucky Derby for today's horses, So there's major talk about redoing the whole schedule.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Just give that horse a little cocaine like they lived with the race dogs here and.
Speaker 2: It steal milkshake. You got it, little sodium bicarbonate.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you watch, let your mister sports watch on TV over the weekend.
Speaker 3: What are you watching this weekend?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm traveling to visit my mom, uh down south, so I probably won't be watching tonight. I'll have the Panthers game on tonight.
Speaker 1: How about the Solar Bears puck drops at seven against the ever Blades?
Speaker 3: Come on, Bears need what are they? What? What is that series? Taker? Is it to one in favor of the ever Blade? Yes? I believe, short on details, enthusiasm. What site do I have up? And I won't let meet by witness? Hold on? What side is that? He's like? You know what he's like.
Speaker 4: He's like the back of the old days when the Arena used to be packed for the Predators Arena football game?
Speaker 3: Who won? Who won the game? Last night? Just a party?
Speaker 1: I thought he was gonna say, he's like, Uh, some guy that does sports that roots for the Panthers.
Speaker 2: Can section three eighteen where their top off of the Yeah man? All right, hey in Orlando City home this weekend?
Speaker 4: Right Orlando City Home, It's wrestling night at the Purple Palace tomorrow night. So yeah, I guess they're gonna do something to honor wrestling so that they take on the New New England Revolution, the Pride on the Road tomorrow night, that take on the North Carolina Currie. All right, hopefully both those teams can win.
Speaker 2: He is Mike the Bulldog the Lackey, host of open Mic weekday mornings on at jason s AM seven forty and FM ninety six ninety Game, taking time out of open mic to join us here for the Sports page each morning on JR R and I since a birthday candle being lit right now.
Speaker 4: By the way, Happy seventy six birthday to the great Billy Joel the Piano Man himself.
Speaker 3: Oh Who Switch and Taco are always on demand.
Speaker 1: Download their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app. Get in now at w j r R dot com