Speaker 1: We just finished a goliath of a saga, finishing off Marine Ford. Now going into post Marine Ford with the Virgin Poseidon Mythols.
Speaker 2: What's up gamer?
Speaker 3: Hi, gamers, Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, and now we have Jordan, not now as always, we have Jordan the anime dude joining us today.
Speaker 2: How's it going, what's up?
Speaker 4: Everybody? Happy to be here. I'm excited for this one. It was a it was a good little arc here. So so you think it'd be a little bit of a lull, but like there's there's so much going on, so many things happening around the world, and we get a flashback on top of it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's definitely a lot of emotion in this arc in the aftermath Poseidon general thoughts, post war. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was nice.
Speaker 6: It was kind of a nice break from the intense kind of story going on, and also getting a little a little more backstory on Loofy and Ace. And we did get introduced to a new character, uh, Sabo.
Speaker 5: So our boy, our boy Savo rip.
Speaker 4: I mean, we did meet Sabo. We also met da Don right, like the old lady that took care of him. She's one of my favorites. I love her.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the arc kind of starts off if I'm remembering correctly, with like the reality of the situation hitting Loofy. I just remember that he just looks.
Speaker 2: So dead and so traumatized.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, they they brought him back to uh Amazon Lily. They made a one made an exception for Law and gin Bay to kind of settle on a part of the island while they let Lufy kind of wake up because he's been in a coma for I think two weeks.
Speaker 5: Two weeks.
Speaker 2: Also he was out.
Speaker 1: Apparently we forgot to talk about jin Bay last week or two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Did we not talk about jin Bay during Marine Ford?
Speaker 3: I think we might have skipped over him.
Speaker 2: Actually, this is so sad.
Speaker 4: Maybe briefly, like I think I remember him like throwing Loofy, we talked about that, like to the to the admirals, but uh, I think I don't know.
Speaker 1: We mentioned him briefly for impell Down, but then we didn't mention him in Marine Ford and just just general thoughts in Jim Bay as a Characteroseidon.
Speaker 6: I absolutely love Jim Bay. I think he's he is just a good character, Like you can tell his heart's in the right place. And uh he kept his word. He did keep his word to Ace, you know, to protect Loofy, and uh, you kind of see he's uh I feel like, I mean, I kind of already know at some point he's going to join the straw Hats.
Speaker 5: But you can tell he's he's just a good guy and he's smart.
Speaker 6: He knows he's very strategic, and he had a lot of great moments in rorine Ford.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree, even with impel Down, he gets first introduced and he's the one who just refused to show up and fight and he was being chained up and impelled down. It just made a good first impression.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a very principled man, like I said he was. He basically threw away everything for that right once you're in that final floor of imple Down. Like, I don't think he had any expectations for his life from that point onwards. He kind of wanted to die, be it on a battlefield or whatever. And uh, you know, it was kind of getting Loopy out of there. That kind of gave him like another little purpose to keep going right once he was uh, once he was out of imple Down, out of Marine Furt, et cetera.
Speaker 1: We also get the flashbot back that you guys mentioned with Sabo and Ace and Don Don I'm so sorry I butt your name.
Speaker 2: How do you pronounce your name?
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Her to Don as well. Thoughts on that backstory, Oh.
Speaker 5: Man, I actually really loved the don She's she was kind of a little bit of a.
Speaker 6: She she she said she hated the boys, but deep down she really did care about Ace and Loofy and even Sabo. But we did go into the backstory of how Ace and Loofy met so Garp had left Ace what were they called, like mountain bandits something like that, and to help kind of help raise them while he's kind of off doing his little marine thing. And uh, Ace and Loofy didn't get along at first. I think it was more like lou or Ace didn't get along with Loufy. Loufy really really liked Ace, and Ace kind of just kept like shoving him over, punching him, doing all the sorts. And then, uh, you kind of find out that Asa has been kind of hanging out with another kid. There's like a town in the same island, and uh, that kid's name is Sabo, and they dream of becoming pirates one day, So that's kind of It's kind of sweet. You kind of got to see the three of them kind of their relationships and friendships kind of grow. You also find out that Sabo is a noble. He comes from a very well off family, and that he doesn't really want to be a noble. That's kind of why he ran away to do all these like little pirate things with the with the boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just wanted to do hoodras stuff with his friends. You know, I just wanted to life.
Speaker 1: How much of this backstory did we get to see, because unfortunately I didn't rewatch it, and I feel like we get they flashed back to the to them as kids a few times.
Speaker 4: Did Yeah, it was episode You get pretty much everything. It's aka a very long backstory right there as far as yeah, like you go back to whenever Ace first moves in with and meet space and whatnot, and you go all the way to uh aceventuring out whenever Loofy's fourteen, and then Loofy venturing out whenever he's seventeen right by the end of it.
Speaker 2: So did we see try to venture out or not?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was the first one.
Speaker 1: A venture out was the first one adventure. Okay, I didn't want to accidentally spoil something, you know.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah right, So yeah, that has its own little storyline. You get to see them kind of trained there. They met another pirate who golled uh d Roger ended up fighting in the past, and you get to see them kind of train under him.
Speaker 5: And it did get revealed.
Speaker 6: That to the boys that you know, Ace is a Goldie Roger's son, and they were like, well, let's keep this a secret.
Speaker 5: Let's not let's not tell anyone.
Speaker 6: So yeah, there was like another kind of story going on.
Speaker 5: So I forgot was it when not when Neil Village that's it's like the island had a name. I can't go with the island the Gola Kingdom. There we go.
Speaker 6: So it was kind of hinted at the beginning of the arc that, oh, there's a celestial dragon who's coming to like visit. So there's like multiple parts of the island. So there's like the mountain part where the Mountain bandits are at, and there's like almost like this lower level where it's all like homeless people and just people who are who are kind of like fighting for their lives down there, you know. And then on the upper kind of level, you have a nice like town.
Speaker 5: A lot of nobles live there.
Speaker 6: So there was this whole plot line where, uh so Sabo's dad is really determined to bring Sabo back to the family because he's just like, you're a noble, You're not supposed to be hanging out with these little these little kids.
Speaker 3: You know, you're not.
Speaker 6: You're better than that. You're you're supposed to be the heir to my to my family. You can't act like that. So Sabo ends up going home with his dad and finds out that they are planning to set like almost like the low lower level the island on fire. Yeah, and he gets to see like the nobles in the town they all knew about it, but they didn't care. They were just like, oh, yeah, just another day in preparation for the celestial dragon to come visit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They bare they barely viewed those people as human, like it was just another day.
Speaker 2: They're not shocked.
Speaker 4: There was no struggle, huge class division. You see, kids are kind of raised in that kingdom to think that way from a young age, where they kind of dehumanized the people down in the in the dumps and they're literally dumping trash there. And and like you said, there's a since the Celestial Dragon's coming, there's a huge I guess you could call it a plot, but just a planned to get the the Blue Pirate dude to set fire to the place and then just get rid of all the trash in one go, right, and trash encompasses a lot in that in that sentence.
Speaker 6: But I think it's I kind of I think it's interesting that this like flashback, you kind of get to see little more of the government corruption at its at its work, you know, and like you said, the class division and uh, going all the way back into when Lufy and Ace were kids, and it just kind of made me think, like, wow, like this world a one piece there's some really just like messed up.
Speaker 5: Stuff going on. Oh yeah, and it's so sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think there's a lot of emphasis on this flashback too, of of seeing those things happen, But the characters that we're viewing it from are at such a young age and so powerless that they're not really able to do anything impactful to really change that.
Speaker 1: So and then you know, we get you get the reverse of Blazer said in chat, there's this ugly little brat at the noble.
Speaker 2: That's like, Oh, if.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to be homeless, they should have just not been They should have just been born a noble.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, that's that kind of goes back to what I'm saying as far as the kids are being taught that from a young age, right, Like they're saying that after talking with their parents and uh, you know, the characters that we're following, they want to change that, but at the same time, they're kind of powerless to do so. Right. So I love Sabo's backstory because he comes from a completely different background than Ason. Oh yeah, Ason, Loofy, but they all have this similar feeling of like loneliness despite that, so they're very lonely and they feel very trapped and powerless. Right Like, Sabo is basically a burd in a cage and he's just you know, he finds himself questioning what is freedom? Where is freedom? Like how do I how do I get freedom to make my own destiny?
Speaker 1: Right, He's questioning the same things like Loofy and Ace want, but from the completely polar opposite like perspective where he is, right, Like, they all want freedom, they all want this adventure, and they all like kind of question these things. But then Sabo's coming from like nobility, which is definitely an interesting spin on it, and then from this loneliness that they've all had at one point, right Roger without his rogers thought his dad, like Ace and his father and stuff like that. They all had this like loneliness in a way, and then they become brothers, which is this beautiful Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the thing that the reason the loneliness stuck out to me and whatnot is because Lufy is so persistent, right, Like Ace is very jaded, he's very tough to get close to. He doesn't really want to warm up to anybody. So like the links that Lufy had to go to to keep following him through the jungle almost dying left and right, and then, uh, you know, I guess we have any thoughts on I guess that backstory of like whenever Lufy first actually saw their treasure there Poseidon, like he found the treasure that Sabo and and Ace had been storing up in the tree and then uh, and then he got caught, right yeah. Yeah, So so we get to see like Lufy basically taken in, tortured and he refuses to speak about that treasure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was just such a powerful moment too, because it, I guess goes to show like what kind of person Lufy is even as a child. Yeah, Like his sense of loyalty for the people he cares about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, it's just also a scared little kid at that time, right as far as uh like he was, he was scared as hell. But like whenever he has asked his reasoning thereafter, you know, he said, it's because I want to be your friend. And if I told him he could be friends, right, Like, he's like, I don't have anybody here. I hate Bandits. I had that bad experience with the bandit and now like I've just tossed out here with Bandits and you, and it's like I So he was really determined to get close to Ace, and uh it took like those extreme circumstances to kind of gain that trust between them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ace is not trust anybody, right and not at that point nof he so stubborn, so persistent managed to earn it. M hm. Yeah, you guys mentioned some random dude with hockey that fought Roger and got his asked by Roger or something, I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 2: Is that canon?
Speaker 4: I don't remember that little guy.
Speaker 5: There was a guy I don't know if he had hockey, but he was like, oh.
Speaker 6: I'm a pirate and uh I he was telling the boys about his story against like Roger, and he's going to train the boys, and the boys were helping him like build his ship and made training moment.
Speaker 4: I don't remember this either, And be honest, I just re read it, so it might be filler. I don't know if it was there filler in this art.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I watched it so cute, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was added into the flashback anime only so it's not a cannon.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but uh yeah, I know after Sabo kind of sacrificed himself, I know Ason Lufy helped to kind of set up the uh the bombs that were gonna put the garbage place on fire. They helped the pirates to do so because they were, you know, they didn't really have much other choice. But uh yeah, I don't really remember them being like a having like a mentor in any other way.
Speaker 1: Dude, I don't remember that that crazy. I have watched it and read it, but I feel like maybe the last couple of times i've read it, I haven't actually watched.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that, or maybe.
Speaker 3: It was very short lived moment in an episode.
Speaker 2: Maybe the last time.
Speaker 1: I also I watched one pace as well, which cuts out anything that's not in the manga.
Speaker 3: Mt that part out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, interesting, I kind of want to see that.
Speaker 2: That's that's interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like there there was like a scene where they were kind of around the campfire and they were eating, and the guy was telling all three of them like his stories, and you know Loofy being so fascinated, like, oh my god, you got to fight.
Speaker 5: You got to fight Roger, that's so cool.
Speaker 3: The Kingdom sirates.
Speaker 5: So you kind of get like these sweet.
Speaker 6: Moments between the characters. And they helped build like his ships so he can go.
Speaker 1: Question because he needed help. Did we see the Dawn and Garp interact in these episodes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that's that's the tough part right there.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: We see Loofy in them have that dud Dawn have that like Souderay type, you know, relationship with asen Loofy. She actually she doesn't love him, but she she cares form, takes care of him and basically raises him right from yeah, Lukie when he's seven, Ace when he's like nine or ten, and then uh, and then we also see like the after effects of the war, right whenever Garp comes back into town and.
Speaker 6: Oh god, I like his baby watching.
Speaker 4: That's one of my favorite moments in the series.
Speaker 5: It is it is me too.
Speaker 1: Definitely my favorite moment in this arc.
Speaker 2: In this little.
Speaker 4: Post arc, I mean, at this point, Garp's basically retiring, right, Like, you can tell it affected him, you could tell it affected her. She's like, you chose your job over your family. Like, yeah, So many things kind of going on in this little arc, but just the raw emotion from Ah from her after after seeing the flashback hit hard. Especially Loofy has that bad experience with Mountain Bandits right, and he didn't really like being out there at first. But one of the last things, uh, you know, whenever Ace sailed off, he said thanks for everything and whatever, Loopy, when of the last things he said to her was I don't really like Mountain Bandits. She's like, you little He's like, but I like you guys, and I don't know, just like there's something about that. From her perspective, she like raised them all that time. There's probably not like a lot of loving words in between them, but that's just them showing that appreciation is like the last thing they said to her prior to heading out. Yeah, I don't know, it's so heartwarming.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 6: I also want to mention that we did get to see Dragon this heart Oh very important.
Speaker 5: You kind of got to see Dragon.
Speaker 6: He's like all hood he has like his hood on, and you see an interaction between him and Sabo.
Speaker 3: Actually not him and Ace.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 6: So there was a point where Sabo was just like crying in the middle of the street, like nobody wants to listen. I just want to be free, Like it's not right that they're setting you know, everyone the bottom level on fire. Why why does nobody care? Like these people are all messed up, they don't care about anyone. You kind of see almost like this moment where where Dragon kind of like almost like empathizes with him a little bit. He's like, I understand, we all want freedom, you know, and you kind of get to see that small interruption, which I feel is going to be important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forward, I.
Speaker 4: Think that impacted Dragon a lot because it's yeah, it was. It wasn't just any kid, right, it was it was from the side of town. And he said, I was ashamed. I'm ashamed to be, you know, lumped in with the noble aristocrat, to be lumped in with the with the people as is happening.
Speaker 2: So do you have any theories going forward?
Speaker 6: Because I see I am a very fair believer in whenever I watch media, if I don't which we're gonna talk. I'm sure we're going to talk about this, but we do see uh Sabo try to go off and to see and like his his boat get exploded, you know, on a big So the Celestial Dragon kind of was like, I don't care if that's a kid, I'm just gonna shoot your boat down. I am a very fair believer. I don't see this character like die. They are alive, which is why I'm like, I don't they've Bonclay is dead. He might be alive. I didn't see him die. So there was a scene where where Dragon was just like for those who crave freedom, you can join me and my rev army. You got to see Kuma and Ivankov on the same boat as him. So I don't know I feel like Dragon might take Saba under his wing at some point. I have no idea.
Speaker 5: I actually I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like you know that, like I try because you gotta know that he's alive based on the one piece card game. But yeah, you think you're coming up with some good theories and some good ideas, Like I like to see the gears turning.
Speaker 6: I know he's gonna be in in a future arc, but I feel like, I don't know. I feel like he's gonna be a part of the rev army, and but I don't know how we get there. Like I'm very very interested to see because I'm also curious as to like if Dragon even knew Loofy was there.
Speaker 1: Imagine Dragon was like on honest way to see for the first time and then he just runs into Sab.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, fuck that shit. Fucked that kid.
Speaker 6: I was like, there's no way that he was on this island and had no idea that Lufy was there or Garp took Loofy there.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I find his.
Speaker 6: Character very interesting because it was mentioned in the past that Lufy's like, well, I don't even know my dad, so I don't know how much Lufy has interacted with his.
Speaker 2: Dad post was post and his love. He's like I had a dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So like I don't know how if like Dragon was going to see him or maybe he just felt that it was too soon or like, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we did have it kind of info dumped in this section where he said he was he was born, and I think he was like from the goa kingdom, right, Dragon was so like that that's kind of where he's from. Now anything else associated with that, you know, it's neither here nor there. But we see that that's kind of where he's from. And he says like he doesn't really have like the the power to you know, change it up to this point, right, So no.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm on the same page as you. I can't wait to see him do something.
Speaker 3: Can we not know still today?
Speaker 1: Can't wait to see what Dragon's up to and what he's doing why he goes into those places.
Speaker 6: Because I very much questioned because like he obviously knows Lufy's alive. He saved him back in Longtown, and like obviously Lufy didn't really understand what the hell is going on, but.
Speaker 1: The world the world most wanted man, the largest criminal alive in one piece.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting because, like, like I said, this whole arc is based around like these kids being powerless to change kind of what's going on, and uh, you know, after Sabo's death whenever looping them here the note news. Yeah, uh you know, one of the things that the Don tells them is like it's you know, it's not like any one person killed Sabo, Like going out for revenge isn't gonna help. It's it's the system. It's the world that killed Sabo, right, Like as far as like just how things are set up and like the fight, you know, you're not gonna be ready to fight that until you're you know, you get your own life together, you get your own bearings about you. And then we see a Dragon like he's the you know, leader of the revolutionary army, like that's his whole thing, and even he's like, uh, you know, not quite to that point yet, like he doesn't think he can change the entire kingdom and and how it's set up with a things like that. So there's just a lot there that uh, it's kind of running in parallel between Dragon and then the kids.
Speaker 5: I find that just so interesting, you know, like just such good writing. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this this arc, it's a nice kind of break from the intense I guess happenings of like the present time. You also get to see what's what what did happen after the war?
Speaker 1: Yeah, decisions to make. Lufy had some decisions to.
Speaker 5: Make, and these decisions to make I don't know who.
Speaker 1: I talk about that post after the little flashback what happens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Lufay ends up waking up after two weeks. Jinbay had to kind of calm him down because Lufi is still grieving. He is he lost one of the few people who cares about He did all of what he did for Ace, only to come out failing to be able to save him. And you kind of see, like Jinbay like is this what Ace would have wanted? You know, you don't have time to like grieve or whatever. You know, we we got to move forward and really ends up showing up, which is which I thought was interesting.
Speaker 5: This man literally came out of the water.
Speaker 6: All the see kings like are dead in the compell going to the Amazon Lily and I thought it very interesting that none of the women on Amazon Lily gave.
Speaker 5: Really a hard time. They were all very.
Speaker 6: Welcoming with him, unlike they were with Jinbay and laws crew.
Speaker 4: Well, it is said that like whenever Boa and them escape THESS Clestial Dragons and whatnot, it was it was Releigh that like helped them to do so right and and took you away. So like they're very uh, I guess in his debt there are very grateful to him in that regard. So yeah, like they're very well acquainted, they know his wife, etcetera.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: So really gets over there and they kind of like talk. He talks to you Becauselufi wants to go back to Saba Odi. He's like, I want to go see my crew. I want to just go into the new world, like we I just need to move forward. And then really's like are you sure that's what you want to do? Are you sure that is the right thing to do? Because if you're not strong enough to handle, like, you know, whatever happened in Marine Ford, are you gonna be able to like handle the new world because that's that's like hard mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, think about what happened with Kuma and SAMBIODI think about the powers and the threats.
Speaker 2: We saw in Marine Ford.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, you're still a little bit too green straw hat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Loofy he had presented an option to him, so we don't really get to see it until he goes he goes back to Marine Ford. Loofy literally goes back to Marine Ford. He's not there to fight. There's like, you know, news journalists over there, newspaper people, and they're they're in the midst of rebuilding Marine Ford because they got basically destroyed during the war. And uh, Loofy. There's a bell and Loofy gets off the.
Speaker 5: Boat with Rayley on it.
Speaker 6: Rings the bells sixteen times in front of all of these journalists and leaves and it has a There was another moment where he had his hat up to his chest and was almost like grieving all of the lives that were lost at Marine Fort, including his friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does like a moment of like, I guess, silence with his hat to his chest, and he like has flowers that he throws into the into like the crack.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That and they started by circling around once because that's like a typical uh, I guess, like a sea burial type thing as far as, Uh, just just I don't know.
Speaker 2: They did a few.
Speaker 4: Different things in there where you know they're not entirely sure what's going on, you know what what is the message, what's not? But you know they're just paying their respects, right and uh, but also you know they're doing that. And then on the low key, mostly Rayley's idea, they also did something else right, yes, the old tattoo, do you know?
Speaker 6: Uh, the other message it was to why right he got that tattooed so for two years, So I believe if I'm remembering correctly, I feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. So it was like almost like a marine thing to be able to like ring the bell and it will signify like a certain amount of time. So if you ring the bell eight times, it's one year, and if you ring the bell sixteen times, it's two years. So he went over there to one kind of memorialize all the people who lost their lives, including Ace, and two to let his crew know that in two years, to return back to Saba Odi because all of them are now scrambling at this point, everybody, everybody's found out what happened at Marine Ford, and all of them are eager to get back to Saba Odie.
Speaker 5: But the news of Loofy ringing the bell.
Speaker 6: And having the tattoo and everything, all of them kind of are like, all right, we're gonna stay put and train and become stronger.
Speaker 1: So and by the way that the tattoo or the writing on his arm said three D two Y with the three D crossed out, so like instead of three days, we're gonna do two years type of thing.
Speaker 4: Years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's also the double meaning in what she said with the bells too, right, because well that could mean two years and whatnot. Like he did it at a time where like normally the bells wouldn't be rang that way, and uh yeah, there were people like kind of thinking, does that mean, like it's like the start of a new era, like just the different symbolism there where it's like there wasn't a clear message to anybody outside of like the three day thing like that, nobody else outside of his crew would know that. Yeah, you know, it wasn't kind of clear what he was doing.
Speaker 1: He just wanted to get the people going so he could end up on the He needed to end up on the newspaper, get a little bit of public. You know, it was provocative and he had to get there let the crew know his message somehow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they all understood, every single one of them, was like you know what, you know, we got to become stronger. So you kind of get to see like Nami and you know, all the rest of them kind of like, all right, we're gonna train. And the arc ends with Raleigh and Loofy going on this really dangerous island that really had previously also trained on, and Raley is now going to be teaching Loofy how to use his hockey. So because at this point, Loufy has hockey, but he doesn't know how to control it, Like you've seen him use it a few times, but he had no idea.
Speaker 5: He was even using it, like she's like why what happens? Why is everybody on the floor, like what's going on?
Speaker 6: So you kind of get to see almost like this little montage of Raley and Loofy doing their thing, beating up the animals, really demonstrating the different types of hockey because there is beaultiple different types, So the most important being conquerors because that's the one in a million, right, and Lufy has it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a pretty brief training with him, Like we get to see like Loofy like put on it his like blindfold and he had to like read Rayley's attacks with observation hockey. He goes through armament and and like you said, conquerors and I do like training arcs, but I like how one piece keeps them relatively quick. Ye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it didn't even really show much in the manga. I think at one point he's like putting his hat down and then like at the end of one chapter and at the start of the next he's picking it back up, right, So yeah, and it's been two years, but uh, but yeah, I love like the timing of the training arc though, because we just had all that build up in Marine Ford. We we see Lufy push himself past where he thought was possible again and again and again. But this is the time where he falls short, and it just runs so parallel to uh because this time, you know, falling short means he loses a brother, and then it runs so parallel to that backstory we would get right after where the last time he felt so weak and helpless, he also lost a brother, right, so we don't see Lufy cry a lot. I think he did when the when the Going Mary sank, but like aside from that, losing Ace and then losing Sabo, like he was a cry baby as a kid, but like we don't see him cry much after losing Sabo, and then like the losing Ace.
Speaker 1: On top of that, he balls after a dies on Alon Lily, Oh my god, right, pay for it.
Speaker 4: Like we see him hit like rock Bottom after rock Bottom right here, right.
Speaker 1: And that's where I feel like, don't get me wrong, it's good in the in the anime, but I do feel like the drawing of it in.
Speaker 2: The manga really got me. I don't know, I don't know. I don't know the exact reason.
Speaker 1: I think I would have just depicted it really well, and it was it was just heartbreaking the sea.
Speaker 4: I hated this part of the anime because I caught up and then there was a week long break whenever the time scap skip happened. So like they start training and then it's like, all right, well now I have to like go without one piece for a bit, and you.
Speaker 2: Know what's exciting.
Speaker 1: So not only are we getting a remake of one Piece and a live action of one Piece, but they they're they're slowing down the production of One Piece by Toy Animation, and we're gonna get like twenty six episodes a year and what's that fucking sound? Sorry, guys, we're gonna get like twenty six episodes a year or something like that. It's gonna be higher quality. I am pumped for the future a one Piece.
Speaker 5: I am too, because it'll give me time to catch up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need to start watching the anime again because I stopped it in a in a spark I won't name that has like over one hundred episodes with like over one hundred chapters.
Speaker 1: I think, like good idea might just be to read everything, catch up fully, and then once they start doing higher production to anime for you, Jordan, at least, then go back to the anime, because that's what.
Speaker 4: I've read past that quite a bit. But like seeing I've seen snippets from like recent episodes where I'm like, damn, that looks really good, Like there's some really high Yeah, there is some time, I think stuff in recent episodes.
Speaker 2: Like in.
Speaker 1: I would say the last three arcs of the anime, there's some really good stuff happening with the animation at times. But I still think it's just like they're slowing the pacing. There's like it's the pacing is just so bad at times that the mamas just so much better.
Speaker 4: I think, like I said, where I stopped watching the anime is why I hear is usually like the worst arc, And I guess did the will the name of the arc? Bother you Poseidon?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Okay? Dress Rosa has like over one hundred chapters in the manga, but it has like just as many episodes in the anime, so there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where I started like really reading.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of like episodes where like nothing happens for half the episode. It's just recapped, so it's like it was it was rough.
Speaker 2: Good luck when we get there.
Speaker 5: I am quite excited for Ross I heard it's a fun one.
Speaker 2: It's actually an amazing arc.
Speaker 1: It's just the pace, which I love.
Speaker 3: I love tournament arcs.
Speaker 4: So unrelated, entirely, not not related at all. So at the very start of the h the post war arc here, one of the first things we see is uh is Gecko Moria getting jumped, right, So I don't think we ever talked about that. Last week. I didn't want to bring it up, Like I was, like, it's technically after the war, Like I think they'd write in the newspaper that he dies like during the war. But uh, but yeah, he gets jumped by do Flamingo and and a bunch of Pacifistas, right, and uh it because the higher ups in the the government, even above single kup ordered his assassination right saying he doesn't have what it takes to be a warlord and et cetera. So I guess any any thoughts on that beside there any where that storyline's going or.
Speaker 6: I have no idea, because we also got to see uh the Bonnie get captured the shark.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh, and we also, like I forgot to mention as well, we also do get Kobe's official diagnosis of hockey and then how going wait wait can I have hockey to like you kind of see?
Speaker 5: Uh? Kobe.
Speaker 6: Also, He's like, there's voices I can hear. I just I don't know I can hear everything now, So I'm pretty I'm pretty certain it could be observation hockey.
Speaker 5: So I find that very interesting that he basically unlocked it.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, mm hmm, yeah, so many things.
Speaker 3: Going on, so many things going on. I mean, the whole world's on fire.
Speaker 4: Garb retires, the single retires, Buggy meets back up with his crew.
Speaker 5: You know, oh yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Question, what is the last thing that happens in this post time skip arc.
Speaker 4: I don't want to spoil setting his hat down.
Speaker 5: I think it was setting his hat down.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in which case we have a pretty bangor arc coming up next. Let me just double check before. Well, it's technically returned to Sabadi, but I don't think that's a lot of episodes, so we might be able to like.
Speaker 2: Do a little bit more. Sorry, I should have been ready.
Speaker 3: No, you're you're fine.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's technically fish Man Island, and I I like Fishman Island.
Speaker 2: A lot of people have their complaints. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Fan Letter, Yes, you gotta watch fan Letter too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was told to watch that too, to watch fan Letter after return to Saba Odi.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think for now we just do return to Sava Odi and fan Letter. I think it might be a little bit too much if we want to try and do it next week, it might be a little bit too much.
Speaker 2: Return to Saba Odi. Oh no, return to Saba.
Speaker 1: ODI's apparently only five seventeen to five twenty two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty quick. But then there's like the journey like from there, right, So I don't know, I don't remember how long that is, but uh, up to you guys deside admittedly, like how much of that have you watched? Uh?
Speaker 6: I only watched like two or three episod okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So you're basically already almost done return to Saba odi. So I would say, watch fan letter and watch some Fischman Island and like maybe at around the halfway point, at like five thirty five five forty episode wise, we we do it.
Speaker 2: We do an episode.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, this was such a post horsto painful. I know we mentioned it earlier, but at the Don and Garp scene really broke me because you also see Garp he's not doing anything against the Don, Like the Don's like beating the shit out of him, and he is he is literally not doing anything because he knows he's also he's ashamed of as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it hurt him and hurt her, and then like they both just kind of have to admit, like the one that's probably hurting the most right now is is Loofy, Right, Like he followed Ace around everywhere, just adored him as a kid. And then uh, yeah, you know, guys, he was there.
Speaker 2: I'll be back in one minute.
Speaker 1: Continue, give me your final thoughts on the arc, some favorite moments, stuff like that, and then we'll wrap it up in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Okay, So it's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what were your favorite moments he episode?
Speaker 5: Definitely that one.
Speaker 6: I also it really hurt also seeing like Machio like going, you know, well, what do you the person we should were you worrying about right now?
Speaker 3: Is Loofy?
Speaker 5: You know that?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: It's not It's not good for anyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was. There was a lot in this arc. And as much as I love the updates of like what's going on in the world and uh, what's going on with his friends and the crew, I guess did you have a favorite between them as far as everything going on with his crewmates? I guess we kind of.
Speaker 5: Straw hats.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I just thought it was funny, like NAMMY's interaction with the Weatherman's It's like she was gonna she was gonna leave, and she's just kind of dragging one of them around and she was just like, you'll forgive me, right, you'll forgive me because I'm pretty yo, and uh yeah, it was quite a cool seeing Chopper. His little thing was, uh, the birds on the island regarding like the herbs to make the medicine. So some of the people the tribe was getting sick. So Trumper was able to unite the birds and the tribe and they're able to live in harmony. Now, okay, heal all the the guys over there.
Speaker 5: I thought that was cute.
Speaker 6: You kind of see Zorro and uh, Parona and Mehawk kind of have their own interactions.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that's my favorite because we see Parona reading the paper seeing you know that Morio is supposedly dead, but they're saying he died in the war, right, and Meehawk's like he was a live last time I saw him. But and then we get Zoro, Like, I guess, do you want to talk about what Zoro went through in that arc or like what he did.
Speaker 6: Is still incredibly injured from something in last instances, so he's h he was struggling a little bit, but he's begging me Hawk to to train him to become a better swordsman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Mihawk wanted to turn down at first because he you know, initially he was determined to beat those monkeys and then get off the island and go meet up with Lufy. But once he gets the update in the newspaper, he sees h you know, he sees that he has a couple of years he needs, knows he needs to get stronger, and he's willing to put his own pride aside and request and basically beg Mihawk, the guy that you know is his goal to train him. So Meehawk is initially going to say no, but he's willing to accept them once he kind of realizes like, oh, he's putting his pride aside. That means he's doing this for somebody else. And it's not like he, you know, is is weak. He sat there and beat all the monkeys, he just knows the only person left would be to beat me, and he's humble enough to admit he can't do that right now, but he knows he needs to for somebody else's sake. Right So, yeah, I don't know, there was something about that interaction that always hits home for me too. So because up to this point, Mihawk's just been that big bad that Zoro has been chasing since early on, right, So yeah, to see him, you know, basically become his apprentice, sir student if you will. Oh, very cool.
Speaker 6: I thought it was very cool too, trying to Then Frankie danced, Yeah, Frankie frank dancing, and then Brooke is performing. So I mean all of them are kind of on their own. This is the first time they've been like by themselves in a long time. So it's very very looking forward to that reunion.
Speaker 3: They're all working for to.
Speaker 4: Be used to go around everywhere by herself, and it's like you said, she handled herself so well, she was about to scam them and dip out. Robin seems very composed, but some of the guys I worry for him, like Frankie. They're like, don't blow it up, don't hit the self destruct, and he's like, oh, look, this button has like a pirate symbol on it. And then sure enough, you leave a man alone with a button for ten seconds tell him not to push it. But uh, absolutely a lot lots of shenanigans there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, this was honestly, I really enjoyed this arc overall.
Speaker 6: It did kind of help out with kind of almost just keeping giving me a break.
Speaker 3: But this was also very emotional.
Speaker 6: So I'm looking forward to Fishermont Island because I do love the designs, the redesigns, because.
Speaker 5: Each straw Had, for the most part.
Speaker 3: Gets a redesign.
Speaker 6: There are some straw has that kind of don't really get too much of a redesign.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And we get Mermaids too, right, I'm excited for Mermaids. Mermaids are great.
Speaker 6: Oh there's one character I am very much looking forward to, and I'm excited to meet her in fish On Island me too.
Speaker 4: Character is named Poseidon, and she is the mythic queen of the of the seas, right, so are very own She'll be there at Fishman Island.
Speaker 2: You can see the Poseidon's art.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm excited for next week?
Speaker 5: Is it really?
Speaker 4: I mean, you tell us you're the one in the art.
Speaker 2: I mean it's your arc.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the background right now and I see Fishman Island back there.
Speaker 3: You might be right, you might you might be right.
Speaker 4: We get Mermaids and Poseidon. This is going to be a good artist.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't wait for Shanji's gonna freak out.
Speaker 3: I already know ye.
Speaker 1: Anyway, everyone, I hope you guys enjoyed today's podcast. Thank you Poseidon, I hope you're loving.
Speaker 2: One piece I am.
Speaker 1: And thank you Jordan as always for joining us and making this possible.
Speaker 4: Always a fun time.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me, thank you, love you gamers, shin poku, and I'll see you all next time.
Speaker 4: Bye,