Speaker 1: All right, it's the been in Skin Show ninety seven point one, the Eagle.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So there was Ben and I were just talking about we were down at the MAVs offices and as we were leaving, there was some shocking sports news that came down in that Mike Malone got fired from the Denver Nuggets. Now, this is probably not a story a lot of our listeners are following, but it's weird because it's the I think it's the latest firing in the history of the NBA.
Speaker 2: At tied when HUGHB.
Speaker 1: Brown got fired in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 2: What seed are they right now?
Speaker 1: They are tied with I think like four other teams for anywhere from three to six.
Speaker 2: Why would they fire him right before they go to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: So that's what's so crazy about it, Ben, And not only that, they also fired the general manager, the great Calvin Booth who hit that jumper over the Utah Jazz that we all remember so well in nineteen ninety or two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: I guess that's two thousand. Remind me of Humpty Hump. He did.
Speaker 1: He looked a lot like the Humpty Hump and Nick Cage kind of merged to get other. Uh So, looking at the standings right now, they're fourth in the West. They're fourth in the West, and they are globbed together with one, two, three, four other teams that are all separated by half a game. Now, Jokich is putting up his best season, probably if he's gonna be the MVP if it's not Shay. Right, So their record is forty seven and thirty two. Now there has been slippid since the All Star break, and they are giving up a lot of points and they're not getting any stops. But the guy who's replacing him is actually the son of an old NBA coach, a guy named Rick Adelman who coached the Kings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mustache man.
Speaker 1: His son, Dave Adelman, is is gonna coach him with three games left and then go into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's very strange news, and it comes on the heels of two weeks ago us being shocked that Memphis fired Taylor Jenkins. By the way, when Memphis fired Taylor Jenkins, they're currently half a game behind the Denver Nuggets. So if you're looking at this and you're keeping score at home, all these teams that are way above five hundred, I mean way above five hundred, double digit games above five hundred are firing their coaches in the final weeks of the season. So it's strange. And then obviously Sports News is going to react to this and they are going, we're all hands on deck. We got to get everybody on the case here. And so I want to show you a picture that I saw on the television when I walked in today to do the show, just moments after we had the firing. Do you guys know who Ramona Shelburne is? Yeah, of course, all right. I just sent you guys a picture and I walked in and this is on ESPN as we are in the day and age of Ah.
Speaker 2: She did to get her reaction from her car. Please, Why do they have to get a reaction from her car? Dude?
Speaker 3: Come on, okay, hold on, ESPN is getting reaction. They've got one broadcaster in a studio. This backing behind her looks great, huge production value, million dollars set.
Speaker 2: And then Ramona Shelburne.
Speaker 3: Is, uh, she's just kind of disheveled.
Speaker 2: Her hair's kind of messed up.
Speaker 3: She appears to be in a Pontiac Grand Amy.
Speaker 2: We don't go live because we're ready. We go live because news broke.
Speaker 1: Now and then skip over one picture and you can see when they went to full screen.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 3: Just get out of your car, though, even if you got out of your car, just I just let the background of you.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where this camera is.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know, but she's not giving you better audio with whatever technology there is.
Speaker 2: Put her picture up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ramona Shelburne calling in from the airport whatever. She suddenly looks like the Chewbacca lady. And why can't she just hold the phone up? It's a steering wheel pov. Hey do you want to see what's inside my nose? Let me tell you why I think Mike Malone got fired. I mean, it's a day and age of zooming and technology. We can't be taking phone calls anymore. We don't need to zoom in this circumstance.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of times where, like on the cable news networks, they fly it or they you know, zoom in somebody and man, they don't have a good setup for it. No, and that's when you should just put up a picture. That's what we watched on the.
Speaker 3: News for decades, for decades before we had zoom technology, they would show you a picture of Buster Olney and he would call in from the ballpark. Just because we have zoom doesn't mean that we need to use it because this is stupid looking, yes.
Speaker 1: Or you know, like, let's get our staff of hundreds and get someone else in the case until you're at home.
Speaker 2: Right right? Anyone else get home? Is there anyone who's not in their car who could be on TV? Right now? All right? Are now Denver fired their head coach? All right?
Speaker 3: Now, let's go for Ramota's car to Tim McMahon's car. Tim, you're on the highway, be careful while you're driving and zooming. We're all starting to pauland Winhurst from the highway and triple box this.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: If I'm on a zoom and I happen to be in my car, I'll turn the camera off, yes, because I don't even want the people in.
Speaker 2: A zoom to have to see that pov.
Speaker 3: No, and she is on television, live television, and when it's the sun, it couldn't be any more lit, dude, Like this is the best lighting you can possibly get for a POV shot from the steering wheel into her nose. As she's driving a car, I can see more of her head rest than her head. All right, here we go. We are off to the races coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, the White Lotus ratings are in and they might surprise you.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for that next