Speaker 1: It's coming up on this week's Chewing the Cud. I'm talking about clever way to save yourself thousands of pounds, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Bringing news about a new club that Netflix has started and he's a very exciting.
Speaker 1: Well that is exciting. Let's not wait around then. Welcome to Chewing the Cud with me, Mike benin Roe and my co host this week. Who is Lee Robertson. How are you doing? Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm moist? Is the word I would best describe myself.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, that's the word I wouldn't like you to use again.
Speaker 2: We're bringing you all the showbies news you should ever need, as well as some fun news stories.
Speaker 1: That sounds good. So Lee, what have we got for us this week?
Speaker 2: So we've got sorry about her? Dame Helen Merrin, Dame Hill, Mirror, National treasure, very few national treasures, laft we keep dying. She is promoting a new Netflix TV series that she's in. Is it No? No, I don't know. Actually I watched it. There might have been a porn and we know we never know it is it is the Thursday Night Music. No, it's not. It's the Thursday Night Murder Club. But murder not music might be murders to music. I don't know. Anyway, she's been doing the goodest debut. We'll find out Knife mcnife. Yeah, so she's she is, she's daring in it with Pierce Brosnan and a number of other kind of really sort of experienced, well known British thespians. Okay, So she's been doing that, she's been doing the rounds. Yeah. So yeah. So she's been on loads of different chat shows in America, and for some reason they got onto the subject of growing tomatoes, and so she was saying that she was giving advice on how to grow tomatoes to the host and was and has decided that tomatoes are bisexual, okay, and to help them grow one finger them? You do? Oh you know about this? Am I surprised? Did you not know? I don't grow tomatoes, don't grow anything. So so they were making ingredients for salcer, so it must there must be something in the program about salcer. And she was saying, she said, tomato is a fruit, which kind of and it's bisexual. Incidental, I want to give you tip about growing tomatoes. You know, the little flower on a tomato plant. That's her talking, not me. Well, a good way to get a tomato out of a flower is you have to tremble the flower like that. So she demonstrated how to tremble her Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can also lose paint brushes in a little time paint. But she could give kids when they're doing painting. Who why who are you to lesbian mums?
Speaker 2: Who has there time to be.
Speaker 1: Two lesbian mums? It's all homegrown shoes, And this is sandwiches.
Speaker 2: It's so trembling, as it's officially called, is a curled finger gesturre in here like that to lightly finger or caress the flower. No, not like that, that'll be a great big sausage finger. Tony turny finger gentle is more more needed. So but she said tomorrow is a bisexual thing. You see, I looked it up very recently because you had a problem with with her tomatoes. Said it's bisexual. So you have to go on each tomato to delicately tremble each flower. And apparently she's she's she is true. So it's confirmed that tomatoes contain both male and female reproductive organs, so they are less sexual and more intersex. So yeah, that's that's this is the poster for the textual.
Speaker 1: TV show that I'm talking about tomatoes about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I presume it must. There must have been tomatoes in it. Yeah, it's got Ben Kingsley in it. Celia Imrie huge and that is on Netflix now, should you want to have a look.
Speaker 1: Need to check peers and singing not seeing.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't imagine he's not singing in this.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't imagine he's not singing.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not a musical, so I don't think he would be. Okay, I watch it. Next bit of bit of show of its news another another would we call her a national icon Michelle Bizarre? Is she a British national or justin?
Speaker 1: I think she's definitely a gay.
Speaker 2: Okay, a gay icon. Anyway, She's got a new plastic surgery show out, so it's by the Botched franchise. What have you ever watched?
Speaker 1: Watched?
Speaker 2: And in Botch that's why people that have had surgery go wrong go to see these two doctors.
Speaker 1: And they fix it and then then they we can't fix that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quite extreme, but this is supposed to be more less shock value, more kind of journalistic. Okay, So it's so there's nine cebrities and influences, all of whom have had plastic surgery. Okay, so they meet with doctor Terry Debreaux. Love Terry, you love Terry. It's the best one Unbotched Okay. So it's hosted by missal visage To. That's really difficult say, isn't it. Michelle bizarre and she wanted to do it because herself, she's going to be no stranger stranger to plastic surgery, has talked about it. She had her breast and plants removed a couple of years ago because of health conditions that were caused by them. So basically they talked to these these celebrities and influencers about the reasons why they had plastic surgery. And it is quite interesting because the kind of sat in a room like a living room and Michelle Vig starts taking off all her eyelashes and a bit like you know, then the witches when they we've got a picture of her. I mean, they were huge, they were huge. They were huge, which was was the was the trend now. So if you if you want to watch that, if that's something that interests you, that is it's called Botched Presents Plastic Surgery rewind and it's available on Peacock in the US or Hey you in the UK, Hey you you guys.
Speaker 1: In the UK campus as ever, Hey guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah bye Michelle, Bye bye, last you buy some you Martha Stewart. Okay, she's another Well I don't know that she's a.
Speaker 1: I'm controversial because part of it absolutely loves the idea that she built up this empire, yes, right, and another part of the hates the fact that apparently she was not a nice person to work with. No, but then she got her come up.
Speaker 2: And she did. There's a very interesting documentary about her. Yeah we're not talking about that, we're talking about something else. But she's very interesting. Give you an insight. Anyway, she's become an unlikely fashion inspiration to the world. So she's on a cruise, like a celebrity cruise, on some big, new fancy boat.
Speaker 1: So she's been.
Speaker 2: Posting on social medi I mean she's eighty three, a kaftan or a moo moo, depending on what you prefer to say. So she's especially this picture of her on the on the boat. People went mental, where can I get that?
Speaker 1: And it's sheet with a whole in it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's so much more. It is it is, she says, I'm kaf standing my way around the Mediterranean. That'll be why. I think you would look really good. Inst kind of cat but they're not, though, very lots of lots of room for air.
Speaker 1: No, he's hot.
Speaker 2: Oh he's hot, but he's they're very they're very art. Not wearinge at the end. Yeah, I'm I'm yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm pro because the easy access when he needs to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: A lot of material to hyke up though, unless you kind of go and then sit down and then and he goes you.
Speaker 1: Just jump up and down and let it fly out below.
Speaker 2: This is mine, both him and that moomoo. I can see myself around going around Tesco doing a big shop in that, can't you.
Speaker 1: I can, Yeah, I think it is. I can see you do that in the middle of winter.
Speaker 2: This is from one of these websites that you're not sure whether it actually is that is what you're going to get or when it arives. It's just a bit of tissue cut out in the shape.
Speaker 1: Did you not what order something from a certain website that said it was acording sequence and it was just printed on images of sequence.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was very unhappy with what I received, So I don't have. I don't have still hanging up in my wad. I can't bear to get rid of there. It's the disappointment every time I open and it could have been so beautiful. It was just just a thing. Yeah, so yeah, I don't have the money for her. Hers is kind of a two hundred and twenty eight pounds floral caraf Dankay, I'll just get to bed cheat bed cheets stripper sequence from from Poundland just printed on. So yeah, yeah, it's the year of the caraf Dan, is it? Okay, summer of the kaf Dan?
Speaker 1: But what's the sort the captain? Then it's not anymore. That's the end of this week's news. Okay, cool, well, thanksful.
Speaker 2: That, Lee. What are you bringing us after the break, Mike?
Speaker 1: While I'm going to be talking about a money saving hack that could save you a pretty penny, So stay right there.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to you in the card now, Mike, what's this money saving tip that you're promising.
Speaker 1: Us, Well, it's it's about learning things. Learning learning things because learning things can be expensive. So if you think you go to college or university, you have to pay to go to college or.
Speaker 2: University, but not life though. Sometimes you just learn for free.
Speaker 1: What's it's leaking back to your tomato? Think, knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, right, wisdom tells you not to put it the fruit slid. No, No, it's a muggery which case, Yeah, I mean a bloody mary.
Speaker 2: No, it's a handry though, strawberry. That's not anything to do with it. No, I've just gone red.
Speaker 1: Okay. But yeah, so this is a story about Olie Bird, who's seventeen okay, okay, who has saved himself over one thousand pounds by learning to drive via YouTube. Okay, you've got thoughts, haven't you.
Speaker 2: Let's just say what how it pans out? Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: There is so Ollie, who's from Cumbria, has opted out of paying traditional paper lesson, which is like forth with a lesson right. As a motor sport enthusiast, he's combined go karting with parental support and passed testa's first try go karting go karting right, sort of turning in things right and then like all you like learning on YouTube about rules of the road and that sort of thing, and so it hasn't actually taken any paid for lessons?
Speaker 2: Are you allowed to do that?
Speaker 1: You can on your seventeenth birthday. You can actually go and sit your driving Yeah, without any lessons whatsoever. You probably won't pass, but you physically can if you want to. So it's about there. There is the peer to peer learning. Why did that peer to peer learning give you a reaction?
Speaker 2: No? No, it's online YouTube? Well YouTube?
Speaker 1: No, what does he phoned up YouTube? That's for a video to be sent?
Speaker 2: No, so it's not another person going, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: So he watches videos on YouTube, right, and goes, oh, that's.
Speaker 2: Interesting to learn to drive, okay.
Speaker 1: And then he practices on his go car and with his parents car, with his parents driving. Yeah. Not not like the pedal ones that you had out of wooden crate. Yes, you know, the petrol driven little Yeah. You're hard work today. So yeah, and it's about because what he said is it helps him get out of the economic inequality because he can't afford to pay for driving lessons. They are expensive, forty pounds an hour sort of thing amounts up. But this face still been able to drive. Yeah, So I think well done.
Speaker 2: That's it's he's obviously not learned how to grow mustache though, Well.
Speaker 1: He's done the beard. It's just the mustaches because he's seventeen.
Speaker 2: Well, he doesn't look at it. There's nothing stuffing to do with the story whatsoever. It's just my opinion that.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look it doesn't look seventeen.
Speaker 2: He looks amish.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's the luck he's going to see it is. Maybe that's luck. He's good when be able to be armish if he's driving a car.
Speaker 2: Is that a hot look at the moment?
Speaker 1: Yes, So all the celebrities are sporting with the corn pipe and things moving on quite quickly, so dreams they can come true. Look at me, babe, bye boo. I don't know what the lyrics are. Get me Betty Boots.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: So when you dream, what do you dream about?
Speaker 2: Oh? I have some wicked dreams, very intense, very But then you asked about a few minutes of one way. It all fades away, and I go, oh, I should have written that down, But that's about me, like could be like a lovely.
Speaker 1: Well and then he did. I forgot what he did next. Do you ever dream about your teeth falling out? I do, actually, And then you just get them out of the glass and put them in and it's okay, everything's fine.
Speaker 2: I recently had to have a root canal and that has that has affected my slumbering. Yes, because yeah, I've often thought it's like, oh, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's one of the most common nightmass nobody imagine, yeah, and then what's happened is okay, see exactly. They've done a new simulation video to show how the actual physical sensations like clinching in sleep can manifest as vivid anxiety fuel dreams about teeth falling out.
Speaker 2: I am a clencher.
Speaker 1: I can believe it.
Speaker 2: I do. I do clench my teeth. Oh okay, and I used to have to have a retainer, yeah, no, a mouthguard, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so mental health factors like stress, anxiety, life changes, and depression can make these dreams more likely. Dreams about this more more tense when you're going to sleep, so more likely to how this can dream If.
Speaker 2: You dream that you're falling off a building or have a plane if you don't wake up before you hit the ground, you actually dine in real life.
Speaker 1: Dear, No, I have to spin a spinning top to see if it stops or that you've never watched Inception. Have you no tell whether it's a sleep or not?
Speaker 2: Spin Okay?
Speaker 1: If he keeps going, then it's still dream.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So recurring nightmares can be a useful sign though, because if you're having a recurring nightmare and things are happening again and again again, there's a warning to sort something out of your life. So it could be a mental health trigger as well. M M right, there some food.
Speaker 2: Just if I get a bit nervous.
Speaker 1: If there's a started falling out as we were talking, this reaction would be very different.
Speaker 2: Wake up.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be going. I'd be going, your teeth are falling out?
Speaker 2: That film that didn't make any sense. His teeth just fell out with Julie Roberts on Netflix. There was some sort of event in the world and nobody and he was like.
Speaker 1: Falling out, No idea?
Speaker 2: What? No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, that's great, isn't it really?
Speaker 2: Dream? Yes? Your teeth? Okay, what do you dream about, Mike?
Speaker 1: My dreams are interesting. I'd say that there's some rudy do things. I think everyone has really dreams. I'm a big fan of the Falling dream, But the one way you put as you're falling in your dream, you think you caught yourself and you don't need legos.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that where your leg shoots out and you wakes you up at the time. But I don't like it, and then i'd like second. Oh no, I like it.
Speaker 2: Wow, I like Brian.
Speaker 1: We know it's not a great place to be anyway, moving on. Have you ever heard of the mythology of Atlantis, the mythical underwater the city Atlantis. Yes, I have not Atlanta Atlantists. Yeah, do you think it's to be true?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, Well.
Speaker 1: They have found a lost underwater city off Cuba. There's around about six thousand years old.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So there's been sonar scans around Cuba along their peninsula, right, I can't say that word now, Okay, that peninsular right, go yeah, garabalder Is penicular revealed some massive underwater sold structures, massive massive. So there's pyramids, circular formations, and geometric bolts that resemble urban ruins. Oh, so it's all underwater, okay. So it's that's the rate to be always six thousand years old, okay, which means they predate Egyptian pyramids all right, and other pyramid types.
Speaker 2: True, which is pyramid type adjacent structure.
Speaker 1: So there's pyramids like South America, okay, but they're not like the smooth side appearances the step pyramids like the step pyramids, and experts from any skeptical due to lack of follow up exhibitions, expeditions.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not an expert, no where that's help. We're shocked, clearly. It does look like they've got some kids sand castle molds and just made some and then put a filter on it. It doesn't look so nar Oh, it's I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So it's not like a picture. It's listening sound beams out and.
Speaker 2: Like the Titanic. It's so deep that just look at it, so deep, and that's it. It's so it's so deep that you can't just swim to it. You can't get in to a little lobster out the bubble bawl thing. I don't know. Summary, Yeah, and go and just look at it because it's too deep.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, yes, it's very very deep. Ha ha ha. So yeah, Cuban gelogists, Manuel Irritued Veant takes.
Speaker 2: A great story there getting through them.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, scident. This person Cuban elogists said, it's strange, it's weird. We've never seen anything like this before and we don't have an explanation for it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it was on land a bajillion years ago and then lunds changed and it got flooded, and.
Speaker 1: Of okay, is it six thousand years it's not that long and for it to just be come underwater.
Speaker 2: Stuff happened very deep water because there's that village, isn't there in England's and that they flooded that they built a dam around and then flooded it with using the river that was already going through it. Yeah, that happened.
Speaker 1: Then that's in the sea.
Speaker 2: It's just it's all it's you know, sometimes you just don't need to question things, just to accept that that's what it is and it's there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well on that bombshell. That's all we have for the show this week. Thank you for watching, and we will see you all soon. Sold.
Speaker 2: Just accept that it's I don't question that. Don't question anything you see, never do