Speaker 1: You are with us on this particular day and on today, one hundred days of the Trump White House, dot the West myself would kind of analyze that, share our thoughts about the one hundred days. And Amazon had the nerve, I mean, the pure, unadulterated gall to lift tariffs, to list the tariffs in their pricing so that their customers could know why each product increased in price and whether it was due to terrafts or not due to terrafts. And then the White House made a call, so let's talk about it. I don't often agree with Amazon, but on this one, I thought that was a really good thing to do, let consumers know that the prices have gone up, and which prices have gone up and the reasons why they've gone up. But the White House called file as a matter of fact that they said that this was a hostile and that was a political act, a hostile political act to let consumers know that this product or that product increased in.
Speaker 2: Prices because of tariffs.
Speaker 1: Well we'll get to all that, but before that, the doctor's in the house, doctor West, what is on your heart, your soul, and your mind on this day.
Speaker 3: Well, my dear sister, I just thank God that I'm still in my right mind and still able to see the sunshine.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 4: Because when I think of.
Speaker 3: Part of what tablets reflecting on, you know, this anniversary Vietnam War, three million people murdered, killed. That's a whole lot of people in a short amount of time.
Speaker 4: It really is. And I was.
Speaker 3: Thinking of this is for the audience especially, well for all of us. But in nineteen thirty one, the International Center for Intellectual Cooperation connected to the League of Nations asked Albert Einstein to choose anybody in the world to reflect on war, and Einstein chose Sigmund Freud, and the letters that they wrote their correspondences, it's one of the profound moments of the reflection of the persistence of aggression and destruction, of hatred and contempt organized and what we could do about it. That Freud had just written in the Ego and beyond the pleasure principle and the civilization is discontent just a few years before the future of an illusion as well. He only had about seven or eight years to live, and Freud said, I'm very pessimistic, Einstein. All I can see is the possibility of some arrows in the face of Thinotosinatos is the death drive. Arrows is love drive. How do we redirect arrows in such a way that it gets beyond nash and tribalism, so that generates forms of solidarity to push back the human addiction to self destruction. Now, and I think of the Trump administration for the past one hundred years, that's a clear, clear illustration of the human addiction to self destruction. It's just it's stupidity in the form of not being interested in the truth. Not ignorance, because all of us are ignorant. All of us don't know certain truths. But when you have no interest in the truth, and then when you're driven by so much revenge and retribution and contempt and hatred every story in the human human history, let you know that leads toward destruction. From canaan Abel to the Trump one hundred years of one d days.
Speaker 2: Doc, Please don't put one hundred years on us.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, you ain't lied.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we, we black folk, had two hundred and forty four years of.
Speaker 4: It, don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Just indeed, you know what I mean, I do. We are uniquely glad to.
Speaker 3: Come to the New World, and we locked in for two hundred and forty four years of the most barbaric slavery, and people get upset for us for being upset. Hey, let's be fallible, humble in our quest for truth. And condition of truth is to allow suffering to speak. Let's be honest and candidate in terms of people's realities, which is often atrocities.
Speaker 4: And so when we think of.
Speaker 3: Freud and Einstein, they both concluded, they said, we must remain deeply, deeply committed to the pursuit of truth, no matter where it takes us. We must remain deeply committed to the pursuit of love. We must remain deeply committed to the pursuit of solidarity with those who suffer. Now, Einstein called himself a militant pacifist. He wasn't just like Martin, Martin, King of Desmond, Tutu. He was a militant pacifist. But his response was, you got to convince people to refuse to fight, because you're always gonna have elites who want people to fight. But if the working people don't fight for them, let the elites get out there and fight the war.
Speaker 4: At least ain't gonna fight no war.
Speaker 3: Wall Street elites Harvard, Yale, Princeton professors. They ain't gonna fight no war. No, they want to send the working people to fight the war.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 3: Einstein' says, now we have to. That's why he was so close to the boys. But when they tried to eliminate nuclear weapons, he was close to Paul Robinson. Trying to eliminate nuclear weapons. Of course, Robinson and the boys rough on the house, arrests and trying to send the boys to jail. When he's eighty three years old, they would meet at Einstein's house in Princeton, Paul Robinson and the boys together. That's the kind of brother Albert Einstein was. He's like Norm Johnson, you know what I mean of our day. And Freud himself in Europe not a radical. Freud was not politically radical, but he he had a sensitivity and he had an intellectual genius. And when you just think of war in all of his form, war aggression, destruction, massacre, lynching, rape, violation, that drive you crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my mama, absolutely it would, It does and it still can. You're listening to Truth Time, doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner. When we come forward, we will continue.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Doctor dropping those gems about doctor W. B. The boys, Paul Robinson and Albert in.
Speaker 2: Just rivety.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wish I could have been invisible in the room to listen to the conversations that they would have about the complex issues, the complexities of war about What really got me is the statement about the human addiction to self destruction. I don't necessarily think we think about ourselves like that as a species that were driven to self destruct.
Speaker 3: Well, you think of so many instances and all of the different wars and the ways in which you acknowledge so science and technology in such creative ways to destroy each other. You know, in World War two almost one hundred and fifty million, War War one had forty five million. That's a lot of people dead. That's a whole lot of people did And when Martin said that the choices between none violence and non existence, or when JFK said, those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution. In this issue of violence and aggression, and of course it's the psyche. There's psychic violence, there's spiritual violence, there's economic violence, there's political violence. But then there is physical violence, militaristic violence, and all of those manifestations win crystallized lead toward not just destruction, but in the end self destruction. We're right on the edge of self destruction right now in terms of ecological collapse, of possible nuclear wars. And of course we've got Taiwan on the one hand with China, and you got the Middle East. Just think of genocide. I mean, that's Lord have Mercha. I mean, it's just it's beyond belief that people could just keep killing palastan in babies every day for eighteen nineteen twenty months. And Harley politicians can say a word. That's the kind of stuff that Einstein and Freud and du Bois and Robesen we're talking about. You know what I'm saying as true with black folk in regard to the lynchings and the good God Amighty. What is it about us as human beings that somehow we don't muster the courage to raise our voices to say something and do something in the face of that kind of immorality and inhumanity and criminality.
Speaker 4: Now, thank god, we do have OHK who do no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: Einstein, duboce Robes and Fanny Loui and Martin King rab by head.
Speaker 4: So you know, we gol win Zai. There's a cloud of.
Speaker 3: Witnesses, but there it's just it's not like there's a major uprising.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. And that is something to wrestle with. I mean, yesterday we were talking about wrestling with the power. Is the power of love stronger than the love of power?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: M It is an age old question for humanity.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily think we as human beings think of ourselves as as addicted to self destruction. But we have many, many examples throughout the existence of humankind.
Speaker 2: That we really are. And so whether or not we're able to look at the man, the.
Speaker 1: Women, the people in the mirror and make that change, you know, to quote some ofer brother Michael Jackson's song, that is a very powerful song if you think.
Speaker 3: About its idea. They understood the truth about that. And the good news is that we can break the addiction. The good news is that we could interrupt it. We could disrupt it, we could erupt it. But how long will the interruption ass You know, when I see what's going on my precious brothers and sisters, and Sudan and the conoing and Kenya and Hey Lord, have mercy. Lord you're Ukraine, Russia, Cashmere. I was just in Vancouver, you know, this weekend. I was right around the corner where that accident took place with the when they brother drove his car right into the precious Filipinos festival.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what is going?
Speaker 4: My god? My god?
Speaker 3: What is we human beings that too many of us are just so cold and callous and cowardly when we got to still love them? You know, I'm a Christian, so I know people always make fun of me these days. You know, you turn to love Everyboddy. I'm tired of your Christianity. Sorry, I'm not apologizing.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't you shouldn't have to, but it is wild.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's an ugly reality that we have to wrestle with, There's no doubt about it. You think anniversary of Vietnam, all the protests, all the resistance, and we still couldn't bring it to a clothes quick enough.
Speaker 1: No, it's never quick enough, especially for those who are suffering, you know. And I think about the great Muhammad Ali indicting this country willing to give up, was penalized for refusing to go and fight, and just paraphrasing his words. But you know he said the vietcom never called him the end work and the power in him saying that you got you sending me over here fight of the brown people who've never done anything to me as a black man. But yet in my own country, I gotta fight and gravel for everything that I get. My people have to fight and gravel for everything that they get.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't going to fight your war.
Speaker 4: Wow, freemand.
Speaker 3: Mohammad Alis nobody like and truth teller and one of the most hated people in the country when he said that, and when he did that, and he ends up in his life one of the most loved of all folk in the country. Yes, very swing and vacillate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was very much ahead of his time. You know, time had to catch up with him.
Speaker 1: And I think most freedom fighters like us are ahead of our time and our indictments and our critiques and also in our vision for the future. And I'm saying oh, because I'm putting you and me right in that category. But if you look at any of the greatest leaders who put out propositions or goals or visions and then also critique this nation and the world They were very much ahead of their times, and then time caught up with them. And I look forward to us, you know, teaching about going a little deeper on one of the greatest they graded the goat, one of the goats in boxing, the one and only Muhammad Ali. When you've giving up your paycheck like that and also your physical freedom, I mean, this country tried to destroy this. We're not talking about individual see, that's that's the thing. We're talking about the whole system that is controlled by people, created by people indicted brother Muhammad Ali and tried to take everything from him that he worked for. But you talk about one of the greatest comeback kids, there have been many in black history. That's the black people we know about being the come back, doing the great comeback. But his is certainly up there one of the greatest comebacks in American history.
Speaker 3: No doubt about that, no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: And we don't I don't necessarily think we have and not It's a hard thing for people to make a paycheck sacrifice, a career sacrifice. So I don't say this lightly, but in within the field of entertainment and athletes, I don't see many people willing to do that. I mean, you and I certainly have been blessed to travel the country with some and I'm talking about the great Danny Glover, oh elital weapon himself.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about people like Susan Sarandon.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, oh, that's so very true.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they don't necessarily get the types of movies and you know, play for their talent because they've spoken out for the human rights to both people in this country and the human rights of people abroad. I mean, brother Glover spent a lot of time speaking out and standing up with the Patians and the sister students surrounding the same thing on the Palestinian issue, a sister surrounding the same thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So that we do have people who come along who are willing, they're just doing the right thing, and then the system punishes at them for it. But that's sacrifice to even say anything about it is incredible.
Speaker 4: That's so true. You think all your David Ruby.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, yes, two of the greats. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a chance to meet Ruby d when I was a sophomore at Kyahogan Community College and she came in to give a talk and just brilliant, I mean as brilliant as she was, beautiful, as talented and caring.
Speaker 4: It's caring.
Speaker 3: Let me. I used to go to her church with she and right right outside of dround Mount Vernon, it was White Plains Church, White Plains Baptist Church, because he was a deacon. Actually, he was the first one actually to call me when I published Prophesied Deliverance in nineteen eighty two. He was the first one to call invited me to go to his church and talk about his book. I was saying, I'm gonna be there early.
Speaker 4: I'm early, I'm gonna be waiting on the janitor in the church. He was calling me Ruby Di Oh Lord have merch Wow. Well you know how blessed I was.
Speaker 3: But they're in the same great legacy of the divorces that Harry Belafontes and Danny Glovers, the Cecily Tyson's, the we can go on and on. The Gilts got Heron's, the Ninas, the moms got those two.
Speaker 4: Nina, Nina, Nina.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just doing what needs to be done. I don't see a whole lot of that in entertainment. My point, long way to make the point is I don't necessarily see a lot of that kind of courage in entertainment or in the rim of athletics.
Speaker 2: He certainly Colin Kaepernick, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, absolutely absolutely. And my hunters is that Lebron he wants to do more. You could tell he's got such a good golden heart. Probably some people around him don't want him to go too far because you remember around Black Lives Matter he was pushing.
Speaker 4: He was pushing, he was even I think moving.
Speaker 3: Toward a possible boycott and things, and know, just wear his shirt and so forth, all's up and talks to him, try to dampen his fight, and no, you don't want to push it too far. And you could tell Lebron really wanted to stretch on out because you know, he represents the best of Akron. But we got Kendrick, We got brother Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, He's.
Speaker 2: Team.
Speaker 1: They are definitely some, no doubt. I'm definitely not saying they're not some. There would be more. I mean, if more would stand up, then they couldn't hit just one.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, and they had a united front of a whole wave level.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, look, imagine if Lebron never got that call from President Barack Obama to stand down because if all the players, especially if all the black players, you.
Speaker 2: Ain't got a league no more. There ain't nothing they could do. They couldn't touch it.
Speaker 3: That they are in the driver's seat and the vanilla brothers and sisters who would join.
Speaker 4: But oh, absolutely lead the way.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that be something? Oh Lord have merged football too.
Speaker 2: I could see it. I could see it.
Speaker 1: Kyrine Irving Jalen Brown as brother Miles's letting us know, lift up Kyrie. I mean Kyrie did speak out and they slapped him down right away. And Jalen Brown, thank you that for that, Brother Miles from the NBA. Yeah, so we do, we have some, We definitely have some. But that, yeah, that United Front, if they all did it together at the same time, they would shut it down.
Speaker 3: Shut it down in the name of Martin King and Fanny lou Aima and donnads the way.
Speaker 1: That part, that part, Oh my god, we need that, you know, we really need that. Today of one of our viewers, you know, your your blood wife sent us a message and said, don't talk over each other. So if the audience want to know why we're being very deliberate in our back and forth. The way the system works, if we talk at the same time, it cancels one of us out. And so she sent us a message in the email today she said, my love, it don't do it.
Speaker 3: We understand, love you Love you.
Speaker 1: So doctor Wis, and I being very very deliberate today.
Speaker 2: Doc.
Speaker 1: You know another leader that really spoke out against war. It was Asa Phil Randolph. He said, if you make him unprofitable, you kill it right there.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And when he and Chauncy Owens, as editors of The Messenger, came out against the war in nineteen seventeen.
Speaker 2: World War One, they had to go under.
Speaker 3: You know, they stayed wild and Walter Trotter's basement because police was hunting them down in Boston. And Walter Trotter was he was the editor of the Radical Guardian. You know, Harvard graduated with the boys, and Trotter was a bad brother.
Speaker 2: Yes he was.
Speaker 3: And everybody running scared from Rando. You kept him in the basement because the police would drag all of them out together.
Speaker 1: Gotta go in hiding, deep solid, yeah, just a stand up for justice. You gotta go into hiding.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Trotter would be another great one for us to highlight Doc in one of our teaching our teaching Thursday, so I will definitely add him to the list. You are listening to Truth Time with doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner.
Speaker 2: When we come forward, we're gonna continue.
Speaker 1: This definitely try our best to bring love and truth together on Truth Time.
Speaker 2: Doc.
Speaker 1: It is that time, the time for us to dip into our live chat that is happening over on the tube. As my grandson says, link me up to the tube. Yeah, yea, So here we go. We got Morris Phillips. Good afternoon, Senator and doctor West. Thank you for your courage. Now we appreciate you, brother Morris Phillips so much, A blessed peacemaker. Greetings, Senator Turner, Doctor West. I am so thankful for this show. I look forward to it all day. Watching from Africa. What's going down in the USA. I need to hear from y'all to reground myself in hope. Ain't that the truth that.
Speaker 3: We do Africa as a source of hope, Because there's some magni is there who was struggling against you in this courage and determined.
Speaker 1: Absolutely to keep this going. Brother Morris Phillips, again, Sigmund Freud taught us that the mind can be trained, conditioned, and programmed just like Pablo's dog.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you were making that point. Doctor.
Speaker 1: We can we can see the world anew, we can dream it anew, we can act anew and do something different. So I'm with you on that, brother Phillips, we both are. We got Daniel Samir Karen, Good afternoon, Doctor Wester Senter Returner, Good afternoon, kb La fam Well, good afternoon. We appreciate that, brother Morris Phillips. Again, Paul Robinson had his passport taken. That oh yeah, thank you for reminding us of that. And then he goes on and question what freedom, what freedom.
Speaker 2: Was to speak? So he had his passport taken. That is so true.
Speaker 4: Oh Lord, yes, no.
Speaker 3: And the text on him was so intense that he was robbed of his livelihood. We've talked before on this show about him living at forty six forty five Walnut Street in Philadelphia with his sister and his brother was the pastor of the church right here in Harlem, the Amesion Church, and that was one of the few places actually where he could speak in public. But with his livelihood taking away that he had no way of sustaining himself.
Speaker 4: It was a very ugly situation. You know.
Speaker 3: One of his last public appearances was he spoke. He gave the eulogy for Lorraine Hansbury when she died in nineteen sixty five, which was a few days before Malcolm Malcolm.
Speaker 4: X was sitting on the front row Wow.
Speaker 3: She died January sixty five. Malcolm was shot February and the only time Malcolm really had a chance to spend a little time with Paul Roberson. He only had a few weeks to live. But Paul came out of a certain kind of repressive situation because they were so close. Lorraine Hansbury and he had worked on the Freedom magazine that he founded. She was associate editor, and she died at thirty four, and he wanted to be there to speak. But to think that, you know, one of the greatest figures of the twentieth century, Paul Robeson is treated in the way that he was. It's it's it's it's a.
Speaker 4: It's more than a disgrace.
Speaker 3: It's disgusting how America too often crushes the best of its own, and especially the best of its black folks.
Speaker 1: Oh No, doubt about it. Many many receipts on that far too many is are actually scandalous.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a return into our live chat. We got sister Selena Rix in the house. Hey, since we haven't seen you in a while. Time to make a change, talking about the man in the mirror. Time to make a change. Michael Jackson. That was such a great song. We are a child of God. We keep the pain and stuff from going by supporting the system with labor and money.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm mmmm. Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't think people, it's like being a hamster back on that wheel. You know you need money. Yeah, right, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: But great, great point, child of God, Morris Phillips. Doctor William Barber was arrested praying to the Father your your next doctor West. Oh wow, well you've been arrested several times after West standing on the front line.
Speaker 4: Oh there's no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that that that happens. I mean, child of God again, the system is a lot of our of our gods, you know, lower case gods. I mean, yeah, we're worshiping some stuff. I mean that really what it comes down to, what are we worshiping? What are we lifting up, Miles Li Langston. I think, Miles welcome. We lose the spirit if the history is not taught, especially to our youth. And that's probably one of the reasons why the Trump administration is attacking history so tough.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, That's precisely right. But the thing about history that it's something to not just read about and learn from, but it's something to live because history is not about being a spectator of the past, but it's being it's a matter of being a participant in the present in light of the best of our history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna put some amens on that blessed peacemaker.
Speaker 2: Well, Ruben Garcia, Hey, Ruben Garcia Welcome. Blessed are the peacemakers, Brother Ruben put in the chat.
Speaker 3: Now see he going back through the sermon on the mount and the sermon on the plane.
Speaker 2: Let's get out of peacemakers, esus sermon now or they shall oh yes.
Speaker 1: And here the earth go ahead on, brother Carsia, Oh, bless it, bless the peacemaker. Doctor has a question, Senator Turner, please ask doctor West about Jen Langley setting the stage for razime change in uh Burkina.
Speaker 2: Am not pronouncing that right? Is that sounding familiar to you?
Speaker 1: Dot the Afrikaan uh uh sentegon Afrikaan black facing to promote talk taking out African leaders working for the people.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're talking about the US policy of African that's been in place for a while. That's been sighting with the reactionary and repressive forces in Africa, especially buying off or co opting African leadership that downplays the plight of pressure poor and working people in Africa. And there hasn't been enough stress on the various strategies and tactics of the US empire in Africa when it comes to the Africaan efforts and agenda to gain allow the United States to gain access to minerals and to support the repressive leaders there now here, I give a brother or Jahan Mubaraka and the Black Peace, Black Alliance for Peace. I give them some strong, strong credits for this that they do keep track of. This Black Agenda Report does too not enough. People do not enough very much.
Speaker 1: So our audience can go to the Black Agenda Report and what was the other one.
Speaker 3: They can go to Black Agenda Report, They can go to Black Alliance for Peace to keep black track in Africa visa VI the imperial elites in Washington, d C. And that's true for Trump administration, Biden administration, Bush administration or Bomba administration. It's an imperial issue which cuts across parties.
Speaker 1: That part and the scramble for Africa has been from the beginning. You know, a pope not you know, I know, Pope Francis just just passed away, but you know, dividing up the continent of Africa between European powers.
Speaker 2: I mean really anyway, you are listening.
Speaker 3: Back to the Berlin Conferences the early eighteen eighty they just said down, they wle put the map out, we will slid it up.
Speaker 1: Spain you get this, Portugal you get I mean this. We can't we not making this stuff up. This is this is really real. This is real life. You're listening to Truth Toown without the Cornell West and Nina Turner when we come forward, going to continue this conversation.
Speaker 2: So glad that you are.
Speaker 1: Please check out the other programming on KBLA Talk fifteen eighty. Doctor's just a few more, I mean our live chat folks, they are so good. So we have Robert gilfis High Professor and Senator, I hope you're both well and then blessed Peacemaker says to doctor Anahida, Thanks doctor Anahida.
Speaker 2: For keeping them straight, keeping us straight.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it, I love it, love it. We got Danielle samr in here. Shout out to Kyrie Irving. He speaks out about our folks in Palestine. Yes he does, and that is why they wanted to slap him down. So you write about that, Daniel We really appreciate you recognizing that a child of God black folks are about the lead is hell hole in mass It's trickle now, but watch so, I don't know. Child of God may be calling on the spirit or the wonderful Marcus Garvey in that in.
Speaker 2: That regard, Oh my god, so so good.
Speaker 1: Morris Phillips again, doctor West, I believe that the NBA would cancel games or stop playing players or stop paying players.
Speaker 2: The rich people would continue to eat.
Speaker 1: So you know what that's that's interesting that that he would say that. In other words, if the black players united and said these are our demands that we're not playing, would they give in and recognize the feet or would they babe being the owners? And I hate thesing that term when it comes to these sports. It's just a hang up for me, just because I talk like history and the whole notion of owning other people. It just messes with me. That's my thing to work out. I'll put that in a park a lot. But going back to the larger question here is would they dig in their heels or would they recognize that they were defeated if the black players and masks and their allies of other walks of life, if they all you know, and said, here are demands, We're not playing.
Speaker 3: The NBA with cave in in a moment because the demand is so high, millions and millions and mins of folks that can't wait to see the game every night every weekend. It's just like la to night. What's gonna happen with Lebron? Are they gonna be able to sustain themselves? Will they get canceled out? You got mins of people around the.
Speaker 4: World, NBA, these these.
Speaker 3: These like you said, it's not owners, but it's it's called, you know, slice of the ruling class.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like that better, dog.
Speaker 4: I just has to deal with supply and demand.
Speaker 3: With it.
Speaker 2: The almighty dollar right exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh, now you can go in through the OJS now minding miney.
Speaker 1: That's that's it. That's it, y'all. Ben't need to go listen to that song Oh money change. Oh man, it's playing in my head right now. I'm not gonna be able to get that song out of my head. So all of this, you know, tying this up, wrapping this up in terms of you know, the Trump presidency, the one hundred days, some of the things that the president i'mised on day one. I mean, he made a lot of day one promises that have not come to pass. And one of those promises was to bring down prices and restore economic prosperity. And the last time I checked, you know, this tariff war is causing the cost of goods to increase, and that is that will impact and is impact in working class people in this country. And economic prosperity has not been restored to the majority of the people who live in this country. Now, if you in the one percent, oh you, it's flowing like milk and honey. But if you just every day, no, not happening for you.
Speaker 2: And consumer confidence is down to doctor.
Speaker 3: That's true, that's exactly right, and declining. But no, I mean Trump has been consistently gangsteristic.
Speaker 1: Consistency consistently gangsteristic. Hold that thought, Doc, when we're going forward, we're gonna start right there.
Speaker 2: You're listening to truth, time, love and truth.
Speaker 1: Indeed, Doc, you were consistently gangsteristic. Is how you describe the current president? Please illuminate us.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I mean brother Trump is a gangster. He knows it, The world knows it. And that means he doesn't give a damn about rule of law, doesn't give damn about constitution, doesn't give it damn about liberty, doesn't give it damn by po folk, doesn't give it damn by browner immigrants, doesn't give it damn about the masters of black folk, you're very clear about that. Doesn't give it damn about folk in Africa. He's you certain language we won't have to use about characterizing.
Speaker 4: He is true.
Speaker 3: To his worst self. Now, does he have a best self? Well, of course, you know, everybody got a best self, but if it's been dormant for the last fifty years, it's hard for it to come back to life. But he's true to his worst self, and he had forces behind him Wall Street, big military one, and he's convinced the majority of vanilla brothers and sisters that's who voted for him. Was it fifty four percent of white brothers and fifty four percent of white sisters and fifty two percent of white brothers, or if white folk in the country voted for Neil Fashionst. We got to come terms with that. But things are changing. Nothing remains the same, Nothing is static and stationary, and we just have to be equipped and we got to be fortified to tell the truth, to keep bearing witness, keep track of people to humanity and not allow others to push us down in the gutter of hatred and bitterness. We still got smiles on our faces, we still got joy in our heart, and we got to love that the world didn't give us in the world can't take.
Speaker 2: Away, cannot do that at all.
Speaker 1: Yes, the president, to your point, is him being confident in his gangster style.
Speaker 2: I mean even when he was this recent.
Speaker 1: Interview that he did and knowing that people are falling tough times, the President basically said where they knew this because I said it when I was running. So yes, he is transparently who he is. Things are changing, dot and that is the beautiful thing. People are rising up and they're getting a better understanding. Well, this has been a stole cold blast. You're listening the truth time. But doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner, we want you to live your life on purpose, Understand your purpose, real rest in your purpose. But know this, titles are good for purpose is better. Until next time.