Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Oh my gosh, it is opening day.
Speaker 2: Holy moly.
Speaker 1: This is the world famous Ben and Skin Show and we are coming to you live from Arlington, Texas. We're at the Live by Low's Hotel, Rollertown Beer Works throwing a huge party out here. That's where we're investing one thirty three but the baseball Pilsner. But man, we are here and the most important place to be in Dallas forth today opening day for Texas Rangers baseball.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling, Skin, I've.
Speaker 3: Had so much fun already and there hasn't even been a batter and box shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I had so much fun, so much fun.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: The crowd showed up to kick it with the Eagle and the kick it with the Rollertown Beer Works here at Live by Low's.
Speaker 4: I've just been so impressed with today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's been amazing. Our Eagle promo team is here. You can see the ninety seven to one the Eagle Rocks tent set up and uh they're giving away some merch and some things over there.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Of course, we're great for Rollertown for having us out here. And dude, this hotel is bonkers if you didn't know. I mean, we're basically, I don't know, fifty yards away from the stadium. I'm the Live by Low's Hotel, Yeah, is directly adjacent to Texas Live and attached to the hotel. And then they have their other hotel, the other Lowe's Hotel, which is a skywalk. Cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 3: This is a This is a nice place to I'd imagine this is crazy on Cowboy game days too, or like when there's Big twelve games over at and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, golly, this is really great. A boxing match, Oh, okay, you f C fight.
Speaker 2: So to be clear, it's Live by Low's Arlington. That's where we are.
Speaker 1: And then the one you walk across the skywalk to get to is Low's Arlington. Dude, I love Skybridge Skybridge right, Well, that's my favorite Bond movie. It sounds like a Bond movie Skybridge. By the way, when you stay at this we got a lot to talk about today. But when you stay at this hotel Live by Low's, huh, And it's again so I mean, most people would be happy, super happy and pay a lot of money to park just as close as we are at this hotel. If you were going to the game, Well, when you stay at this hotel, there's a vip entrance right here to sneak you.
Speaker 2: Into the ball. Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you get to walk right around the back, avoid the lines the vip entrance into the globally field.
Speaker 3: Dude, I didn't tell you guys that she'll saw my daughter earlier.
Speaker 4: My daughter and her boyfriend Connor.
Speaker 3: My daughter got Connor opening day tickets for Christmas, all right, that was his Christmas gift, and she was like, take your homies.
Speaker 4: He took her.
Speaker 3: And she does not know baseball from the volleyball and sos. All she cares about is do I look cute in this jersey?
Speaker 4: That's you know, that's your thing.
Speaker 3: So anyways, she got here and they didn't know anything about parking.
Speaker 4: Guess how much they dropped to park?
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, First of all, how close do they park there?
Speaker 4: They didn't have to walk too far.
Speaker 1: I say that I've heard people pay one sixty to park, and I've heard people pay forty to park.
Speaker 4: She paid one sixty five at a Ranger game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 4: She parked too close.
Speaker 2: She parked a valley apart far away and you walk. Yeah, you can part you can find God.
Speaker 5: Look at this, you can find it for fifteen or twenty and you and you walk.
Speaker 1: Look at this Tyler Norman from Happy Dad in the House. It's incredible, sweet uniform on How does he have a Happy Dad Rangers uniform already?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's incredible and he's.
Speaker 4: Got some sick Jordan.
Speaker 5: What do you guys think Opening Days like for people who don't give a crap about baseball or know anything about it, and they're kind of like, like.
Speaker 4: What's going on? I think because there are those people absolutely exist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just don't interact with them too much because you know, and we're gonna ensconced in that world forever.
Speaker 3: I actually think of all the sports that people want to casually go to and drink, baseball's.
Speaker 1: Number one, okay, because there's so many pauses in between the action.
Speaker 3: The atmosphere and actually if the weather's nice, and I just think I just think it's I think it's a very leisurely sport and so if you're just there for the environment, you're there to vibe or whatever. I think, Like, in other words, my daughter after this will probably be like, oh, baseball is fun.
Speaker 4: I want to do that, right, just because you know you're sitting in the stands and it's fun. I mean, all sports are great, but baseball is the one that's more.
Speaker 3: This is this is an event, the first Maverick game of the year, the first Cowboy game of the year.
Speaker 4: If you're a big fan, it's huge.
Speaker 3: But this is an event for people that don't care about baseball. They still enjoy Opening Day. No one goes, no one goes, oh my god, opening Day for football. I'm gonna go to the game, Okay, but unless they.
Speaker 2: Love football, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't feel that way about the Mavericks either, or hockey or hockey.
Speaker 2: All right, So that's true. Is the only other one?
Speaker 5: Oh really yeah, Dayton's I mean their Super Bowls, their first race of the year.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: But for the NFL, the fan passion is through the roof for the whole Yeah, it doesn't ever really get higher or lower unless you're talking about the playoffs, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for baseball, there's ten times as many home baseball games as NFL games.
Speaker 2: Ten times so there's eighty one games.
Speaker 1: So there's eighty one home games and it's just a brutal marathon, just a marathon. I'll even if they're in first place, I'll lose interest in mid June and then circle background trade deadline and then really pick it up again. In all, like baseball season is so long, you can engage and leave it at different times of the year, and it's okay.
Speaker 4: It's a casual, it's a friends with benefit relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Honestly to me, and at this point in my life, I'm a fair weather.
Speaker 3: Of everything except Mavericks because I work on the broadcast.
Speaker 1: Right And I mean to me, it's like, if things are going well, okay, I'm more interested, you know, and I'm willing to spend some time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they're not doing well, I'm not looking for it. I'm not checking for it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a million things to engage with in the world right now. I will say I love going to a game. I mean, I don't follow hockey closely. I usually honestly will not follow it until the playoffs. But I'll go to a hockey game any night and love it going.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, hockey is so much fun.
Speaker 2: Same thing.
Speaker 4: I don't closely follow FC Dallas but I.
Speaker 2: Love going to games. Oh god, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I think I had more fun going to FC Dallas than the Stars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they let us coach.
Speaker 1: And the reason, I think the reason is and I'm not I'm I'm I cannot believe I'm not a I'm not a Stars hater. I just don't know that much about hockey, right, I just don't know that much about it because I didn't grow up playing it.
Speaker 3: That's why I really had some doubts during the trade when you said you were about to give your allegiance to the Stars.
Speaker 1: I've known you a long time. I really don't see this happening. It ended up going to the Lakers.
Speaker 4: But you're good, hop on the magic carpet and go for a ride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like if they're winning or something.
Speaker 3: All Game seven of the Western Conference Finals, he'll he'll pray.
Speaker 2: I think game one of the first round. I went to a cup match game.
Speaker 4: It's just a game. It's yeah, we don't how to do it with hockey. It's Canada.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was uh mat, Yeah, it was a match play.
Speaker 2: I love cup match cup match play.
Speaker 1: Uh but you know, I just I can't get into it because the only sports.
Speaker 2: I'm into are ones I played right?
Speaker 3: You know water polo, water polo, cross a whiffle ball, Oh, wiffleball? Hell yeah yeah man, I love our wiffle ball team this year.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's the Arlington Renegade. Yes where we're gonna be at boomer Jacks off of Technology Boulevard and Dallas from three to six.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's correct. Tomorrow we'll be doing our show for boomer Jacks Dallas. We'd love you to come join us Thereah, it's gonna be fun. And the Renegades are having us out there. Fan group is having us out which is really cool.
Speaker 2: They're just like it's a group of fans.
Speaker 1: That put it together. So that's gonna be really good. We've been dying to get out to boomer Jacks. We hear hear great things about Boomerjacks. But today the Live by Lowe's Hotel right next to Globlife Field stoked to be out here Rollertown having us out here. Christina turned her back on the listeners in Baseball.
Speaker 4: No I did not, But hi, guys, what happened there?
Speaker 2: Christina?
Speaker 1: Look, I was very upset I couldn't be there, so upset that I followed a complaint.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be out at Boomer Jacks tomorrow.
Speaker 5: When she puts her foot down, management always gets in line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they cowked out or her.
Speaker 5: We can bitch all we want, but if Christina goes in the office and she's got something at the top of her list that she would say at the off her mine doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, yeah Christina, I.
Speaker 1: Will do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Jason's official title is, but he walked up and said, where's Christina. He said, oh, she's back at the station, and he turned around and walked off.
Speaker 4: He didn't wait what and walked off.
Speaker 3: Sorry, wait, he spiked his very feminine seltzer he was drinking and walked off.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Win. Okay, so here's what's great.
Speaker 2: We should update this.
Speaker 5: There's some great stuff happening in terms of actual storm is blowing in. Our tent is about to about to pick up now. When when the Rangers officials said the stadium is open today, we all thought it meant we're good.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 5: There's legit a storm blowing in and it's gonna rain for the next probably thirty or thirty five minutes.
Speaker 2: There's going to be rain.
Speaker 4: Okay, And so we're seeing like trash cans fly.
Speaker 5: Off the ground because the wind is picked up. There's a lot of good action. We might see humans get hit by stuff. It's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 1: The the brand new Funks drums are about to blow off the stage.
Speaker 2: They need some help holding those speakers down over there. That's expensive stuff too. Let's get that down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you get y'all broadcast, I'll be back. We're gonna have Christina ready to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, don't.
Speaker 4: Commercial.
Speaker 2: All right, we're fine.
Speaker 4: We got a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: We're good. We now have my body weight holding down the tent, so we're good. Think's gonna happen. We'll never move ever again.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 2: Everyone's safe now.
Speaker 5: A little bit earlier, the welding of a big umbrella came off and fell and on a table with people. It was kind of a kind of crazy, but it's like, yeah, look, if you're me and you're like, you know, look, you're looking for fun and crazy action, it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, gusta wind just came through, high high wind, and Skin ran over to help the band take the giant speakers down because they're they're locked, and we've got folks here helping us. Now hold down our tent that we're broadcasting under, holding down the Eagle tent. Boy, they got super windy and stuff's flying around like trash.
Speaker 2: This feels like a mini tornado.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just a small storm, but we're in an area where the winds are gonna circle around like a tornado. If you look at the weather by the by the fifteen minute increments right now been fifty five percent chancer rain at three point thirty, where we are in Arlington thirty six percent chanceer rain at three forty five and at twenty four percent chancer rain at four. And then it's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fine.
Speaker 5: But it was wild that the Rangers officials last night we're like, the roof will be closed, and then this morning you're like, no, the roof's open, thinking we're all in the clear.
Speaker 2: When we absolutely aren't. And here comes the sprinkles.
Speaker 1: Oh, we have now felt a drop. We are broadcasting outdoors. I will say I was talking to Evans and he got the engineer and he was like, oh, gonna move us inside. I was like, nah, dude, it's gonna be perfectly dry, and now I'm probably gonna have to buy all of his equipment for him. And he listened to a guy that laughs like that, talk about the weather.
Speaker 5: You're feeling wetness, it's because there's some really nice pools and fountains around us as well, so it might not even be rain. I think what we should do is you should do a couple of live spots. Okay, we should play a couple nice rock songs, and then we'll reconvene in around three point forty and who knows what's gonna be going on.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the fun of library. I've got people's hats are blowing off. It's crazy. Tyler from Happy Dad is out here. He's fumbling Happy Dads.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's handing those out, he's handing out Okay, he's here, he's not He didn't mention his name.
Speaker 2: Can't you hoye? Track this?
Speaker 1: Ben?
Speaker 2: You can't gorgetrack this?
Speaker 5: What's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Will we get the girl? We don't know what's about? Well we did, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: The bit and Skin Show continues next live from the Live by Low's Hotel at Rangers Opening Day at the Rollertown Party. It's going on after the game too. You don't have to have a ticket to the game to come hang out with us. You just got to be ready to pay for parking and come hang out at the Live by Low's Hotel. All right, we get going with the official show next