Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Not only would the men as brothers themselves and the issue of the trials there were two of them, but also the accusation that Gascon is doing this for political purposes. Why are you smiling? Neil? Did I just say something?
Speaker 3: Did you sit on a duck or something?
Speaker 2: Oh? Did I just go I just gulped something. Yeah, yeah, it was just something came up.
Speaker 3: None of us could figure out what the hell that playing.
Speaker 1: Now and now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Okay, Monday morning, October twenty eight, and we are close a week from tomorrow the election Saturday. I'm going to be a father in law. Oie. Just hello to everybody quickly. Neil, good morning, Good morning, Willie, will yeap kono. Nice to see you, sort of.
Speaker 3: Good morning Billiam, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's a partial. Yeah, you're not gonna be my sony. Actually no, I like to say something, but I'm not going to go there. Amy. Good morning, Hi Bill, Hey, and and good morning good morning.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 2: Ann and I were having a religious conversation a few minutes before we went started the show, and we were talking about, Uh, you know that I'm not religious yet at the same time, I consider myself Jewish. And I said, it's a cultural thing there, it's its own food, it's its own culture. And so she's we're going back and forth, and yeah, a lot of it is rules like you wear that funny little hat, Bill, Well, that comes directly from the Torah. But that's religious, that's true, that is religious. So you can't separate the two. You certainly can't. You can you can be a Jew and not believe in God. You cannot be a Christian and not believing. Are the rules that are all derived from the real You know, there are plenty that aren't. There are plenty of There are plenty of holidays or plenty of traditions for examples for example, well, yeah, cultural Christians, for example Christmas. People don't have to be religious and they enjoy Christmas. But yeah, you know, for example, there's let me ask you this, Neil, you're an expert in those things. Uh, Lent is that a lent?
Speaker 3: Lent? Lent?
Speaker 2: No, no, lent l a n T. Which, by the way, most of the most of the holidays derive from the Judeo Christian from from the Jewish law and lent really is simply a verb in the past tense that comes from uh, the Jewish law and lent. Stop it they little ant. It's not called the little hat whatever. It has two names, Fred and George. It's either a yamica, which is Yiddish, or it is a keepa or keep poet if you wear three or four of them. All right, anyway, So I love having religious discussions with Ann. And then she asked me do you believe in having her head? Like, oh, absolutely, not good, because you're going to one of them, I hope. So let me tell you if there is a heaven and hell, I've talked about this with Neil before, why would I want to go to heaven with all the boring people? Don't you think all the interesting fun just laughing at him down below, just waving. I am the right hand side of Jesus. Why is no one on the left hand side. Don't you think the right hand side is getting really crowded?
Speaker 3: He's left handed and you get elbowed.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go a lot of people on the right hand side of Jesus out there, you know, all right? Enough of that, We're not Neil and I have gotten into these discussions over the last twenty five years, over and over and over again. And as a matter of fact, the Jesus Show came out of a discussion that Neil.
Speaker 3: And I had. The Jesus Show came out of an idea that you and David G.
Speaker 2: Hall had, Yeah, Yeah, where I asked where it was on an Easter and I had Jesus come in and we played it straight. Everybody thought it was blasphemous, which it is not. If you listen to the Jesus Show, it is. People are really really amazed and astounded that it is nothing to do with blasphemy, even though Jesus is the host. It's as if Jesus had a show on KFI. And do you remember the first question that I asked of Jesus.
Speaker 3: You and I remember it slightly different, but I will tell you the only blasphemous show on the station is the one you're listening to right now.
Speaker 2: So I asked Jesus, Jesus, do you masturbate? And there was an uh what, well though he was, and he answered, I am both man and God. And then I came back with, well, this is the man part of you masturbate. I mean, come on, there are only two kinds of people on this planet, two kinds of men, men who masturbate in liars, and that's it.
Speaker 4: Christ couldn't masturbate because you'd have to fantasize for one and two. I believe the first question you asked was do you go to the bathroom?
Speaker 2: No, that was the second question. And then the same answer, and that is.
Speaker 3: You remember differently? Yeah, of course, all right, because every every first question is your head is in your head? Is about masturbation?
Speaker 2: No, it's not. No.
Speaker 3: Sometimes to meet you, Bill Handle, do you message.
Speaker 2: That is not that is not true? Sir?
Speaker 3: Stand over there so I can take the picture for you.
Speaker 2: But what I do how many times when I interviewed Donald, when I interviewed when I interviewed No, the first question, the first question I asked, is how much money do you have in your pocket?
Speaker 3: And sir, please just pay us. We just changed your oil.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it. Handle on the news on this October twenty eighth Monday with Amy Neil and me lead story spell. I'm surprised it took so long after the attack that Israel, after Israel attacked Iran and the Iran already said it is the United States as its fault. They were the United States is complicit to all of this. Yeah, of course, of course, and that's just what the United States wants to do, is escalate the war in the Mid East. Sure, and it.
Speaker 3: Has to be the bad guy because everybody assumes Israel is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and actually it's the other way. Israel with the United States insisted that Israel does not attack or do not does not attack either the nuclear facilities of Iran, that's the weapons facilities, or it's oil infrastructure, and it didn't. The Israel listened to what the United States had to do, So it really is the other way. And did I say, he's.
Speaker 3: Admitted the nuclear weaponry. I'm sorry, why would we not go after because facturing of nuclear.
Speaker 2: Because that would set off everything. Then we that means we attack Iran and that's a straight out going to war, and we're not prepared.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe Trump will with Israel could be, which is why there are so many Jews in America that are pro Trump more so than usual. Jews are genuine generally Democrats, not so much anymore because of this issue of Israel. When Trump says he is the most pro Israeli president that's ever been. He's absolutely right, and that carries a lot of weight.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe too little, too late, But the governor is dangling a carrot. He wants to get production back up for movies and TV in California and in LA in particular, so he's come up with a expansion of the tax credit for the movie and TV industry. It would more than double the credit that's been in place since two thousand and nine, from three hundred and thirty million dollars to seven hundred and fifty million dollars. It could go into effect as soon as next June, but has to get the approval from the state legislature. Newsom said, this is about investing in the future of this industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand this because every single sound stage in southern California is jammed. Everyone is being used and they're building them like crazy. And I saw soon that's true. I think that's true. I think that's true. And would you look that up? See what the usage rate of sound stages in Los Angeles is? Where do you looked that up? I just want to know I made a statement because I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Get that information. I'm just saying that I know people in the industry. You know people that have maybe the big time sound studios, but there are there are many, many sound and different types of studios out here that I know that are sitting more vacant than they have.
Speaker 2: Okay, then you and I have different information. But the point is that a lot of productions moving to Georgia, for example, it has no limit on the amount of money that it pays in tax credits and the in other states, I think they just write a check to pay under the line underline costs. You know, the techies that are on the show soundstage, the sound people, the camera people, you know, the grips, the lighting people. All right, let's go ahead and take a break and we will come back on Bill.
Speaker 5: Yes, the average occupancy right for sound stages in the LA area was ninety percent in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Well that's two years ago, going on three years ago.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that, I said, everyone, So I'm gonna I was sort of right. I'm gonna give myself sort of a b on that one.
Speaker 3: Neil, Yeah, that's me. I was just getting over spewed.
Speaker 4: Them from sput them to quarter pounders, so we had heard. I think it was the last Tuesday we got the warning from the CDC about McDonald's quarter pounders. Now they had to check two things. They had to check the fresh patties because you know they use those on the quarter pounders, and they had to check the onions. It seems that the onions are the one as they first thought, that are the problems. So the quarter pounder will be sold again, just without the the slivers of onion on it now as that seems to be the problem.
Speaker 2: So right now you cannot order quarter pounders coli.
Speaker 3: You can't. You can get a coli on the side if you bring it yourself.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Another no endorsement for Vice President Harris, and it's not sitting very well. The Washington Post announced that it would not endorse a presidential candidate. Jeff Bezos, who owns the Post, won't talk about it. Is paper's journalists say it was him who ultimately spiked the planned endorsement. In the last twenty four hours, at least one editor has resigned, and several staffers have publicly expressed their dismay.
Speaker 2: This is a pattern I've never seen before, not a pattern because it's only two so far. One is the owner of the La Times spiked an endorsement of Harris, and now is the Washington Post with Bezos spiking the endorsement. And this is after the editorial board went ahead and was going to publish an endorsement. And usually there is a firewall amongst owners and the editorial staff. Owners do not cross that line. And now there's doesn't seem to be a problem not out endorsing Trump, but at the same time not endorsing Harris, which is almost an endorsement for Trump. Very unusual what's going on? But wow, how about this very unusual? Is that the way I'm describing this election cycle?
Speaker 3: Why don't they go back to newspapers and politics and everything just being separate.
Speaker 2: Well, because you always had an editorial board and they and the paper does endorse. And as a matter of fact, if you look at the down ticket and you read the La Times, they endorse right down the line for Assembly, for senator, for Congress people. They have no problem endorsing fifty years old. I'm sorry, was it not?
Speaker 3: What's that fifty years old? I think they can do it. Fifty years they've been doing that. I mean, I don't think it was since the beginning of newspapers.
Speaker 2: I don't know, No, I don't know. I think, well, certainly newspapers were horribly, horribly biased. Uh. If you look, for example, the election of Lincoln and you saw the northern papers versus the southern papers. Uh, it was it was crazy.
Speaker 3: There's always owned by rich white men, yeah, pretty much, but then there was.
Speaker 2: But here here's the problem. Pre Civil War, the only people that were rich were men. Uh, and the only people that were rich were white. Therefore rich white men, and a lot of them were you know, the entire North was pro Lincoln. You know, all abolitionists. Now he ran on the abolitionist ticket, all right.
Speaker 4: Widows and families of fallen LAPD officers came together just this past Sunday yesterday with the list demands of sorts in response to La City Council candidate Isabelle Geraldo.
Speaker 3: What is she? Coroto? Who is anti police?
Speaker 4: Apparently because she quoted a very famous NWA song saying f the police in this meeting, this meet and greet with college students.
Speaker 3: So she sounds like a real winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's trying to worm her way out of it. By saying all I was doing was quoting the song and the quote she says, what's the rap verse f the police?
Speaker 3: And then asked a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then she went and said, that's how I see them. How do you get yourself around that one?
Speaker 3: Quoting mine confidence?
Speaker 2: I totally agree, Yeah, yeah, it's so. Then she tried, you know, she really list the statement, I understand the pain that families feel after the loss of a loss of a love one. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, thank you. Yeah. Worm yourself out. By the way, she didn't deny she said that. All she said is I believe in police officers, families who have fallen, and I feel the pain and the all I'm doing is pushing for accountability and equity and policing and real investment in our communities. Yeah, the police. That's the way I feel. Okay.
Speaker 3: They tell you just how bad that was that John Cobalt had de leone on the other day to no joke.
Speaker 2: That's how bad it was.
Speaker 3: Dog Cobalt had I.
Speaker 5: Love their picture on social media, all happy and smiles. I'm like, yeah, never thought we'd see that one.
Speaker 3: The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, show hey can play Dodger Superstar show. Hey. Otani has been given the okay by Dodgers manager Dave Roberts to play in World Series Game three as long as you feel up to it. But he's in the lineup for tonight. He hurt his shoulder on Saturday night trying to steal second He got picked off, and then they said he had a sublaxation in his shoulder, which is basically a partially dislocated shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm assuming you were watching Amy. Oh yeah, so was I actually, and you could see and of course they do the replay, replay, replay, and you could see how he hurt himself and the guy was clearly in a whole lot of pain. And uh, how much is he getting? Seven hundred million dollars? Is that his contract over ten years?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Show hey the money? No, you're actually the one that came up with that line. I must tell you, very's very strong, So show hey, show what I'm sorry, go ahead, Neil.
Speaker 4: Do they do the math, like how how much they're paying him per day he's out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an injury, you know, I don't even know. Do does he get paid or not paid? If he is out for injury a contract and is it a It can't be a no cut contract over ten years. That's insane. But there are no cut contracts, which is too bad. Didn't Aaron Rodgers have a no cut where he just got his money come hell or high water last year?
Speaker 3: I don't know. You remember those days, spell of what no cut contracts?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember those long long gone. Do you remember the days when there was a pension here?
Speaker 3: I was just at the end of it.
Speaker 4: So by the time I got the KFI, they were just getting rid of the pension.
Speaker 2: It was just just as you were getting out of elementary school. Yeah, the last day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was learning to spell pension.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, the world is simply not the same. It isn't.
Speaker 3: That's across the board.
Speaker 2: What we have. We have a union, we have had a we have not had a contract in ten twelve years, negotiating maybe fifteen years.
Speaker 4: So the AP is reporting that you Just over a week before the election day, speakers labeled Puerto Rico a floating island of garbage, called Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris the devil, and said the woman vying to become the first woman and black or first woman and black woman president has begun.
Speaker 3: Her career as a prostitute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is this came out of Tony Hinchcliff, who I've never heard of, apparently a stand up comic, and all kinds of lewd and what could be seen as racist comments about Latino's Jews and black.
Speaker 2: You know what's not going to Trump campaign on that one is Puerto Ricans can't vote in the presidential election.
Speaker 3: No, but you have massive amounts of Puerto.
Speaker 2: Ricans some of the swings you do New York. But it doesn't matter because New York can go of course for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: And I have a questioningly enough Trump's campaign did distance themselves.
Speaker 2: They did for the first time. Yeah, and I have a question even though there are the biggest population of Puerto Ricans is in New York. You know there were no Reecans in New York before West Side Story. Did you know that?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, yeah, of course not. I'm Neil, Please of course, matter with you.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't a blatant ripoff of the Bard either Romeo and Juliet.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. Actually is I just came from Romeo and Juliet's house by the way, or Juliet's house, just to let you know.
Speaker 3: In Verona they weren't real people.
Speaker 2: Uh. Well, the house is there, and that balcony, that balcony is there, and there I was. And then you have Juliet statue that in front of the house. Okay, well, which everybody rubs her boots. A church is the house of God. So now do you believe in God? No, I'm just mentioning it's a church. Well, of course, you know, come on, we're not going to get into religion or we will do it. You want to take it away from here, please?
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: So this could be really tough.
Speaker 5: Trump might have to make good on a campaign promise in deeport elon Musk okay maybe. President Biden slammed Musk on his immigration stance after a published report said that the CEO of Tesla once worked illegally in the US. Of course, Musk was born in South Africa. He came here on a student visa, and they say he was supposed to be on a student visa but then started working.
Speaker 2: Yes, he calls all this a lie, except there does seem to be evidence that, in fact he was working on a student visa, not that it's any big deal.
Speaker 5: Because when you come over. I remember, my friends have had nanny's come over and they can't get a job. They're not allowed to get a job in the US if they're on a student visa.
Speaker 2: Right, Maria or housekeeper is an allowed to work because she's illegal. She's not even really allowed to be in the country. That's why I get it for so so inexpensively. I threaten to call Immigration every week. None of that is true.
Speaker 3: By the way, are you here illegally?
Speaker 2: No? Absolutely not. I was. I was naturalized as an American citizen when I was eleven years old, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And it's stuck. Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't take it away. I am a US citizen. They can't throw me out. And so when I get emails from you idiots that say, hey, go back to where you were used to be thrown out, you can't. I'm a citizen. I'm a US citizen. Stop it.
Speaker 3: You're a dual citizen.
Speaker 2: I am a dual citizen and about to be and about to be a triple citizen.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're going to gain the weight back.
Speaker 2: No, I'm about I'm applying for it, and I haven't shared this before. I am and shared it with you. I am applying for Polish citizenship because my father was actually born in Poland, even though he left as an infant went to Yugoslavia. And why would I want to be a Polish person?
Speaker 3: Oh? I thought they were just going to give you like a test and know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's you know, so I can change light bulbs. Why would I want to be a Polock right of somewhat of Polish descent.
Speaker 3: To say that term anymore?
Speaker 2: I don't think you can either. And that's because Poland he is belt and if him, I'm sure it does not or whatever. Yeah, may And that's because Poland is a member of the EU, and therefore I can go to Europe where I when I retire, I plan on living there for a period of time sort of. I want to be by coastal and it is. I'm a citizen of your.
Speaker 3: I think they'll take you any place that is pronounced eww. I think they'll take you.
Speaker 2: That's very strong. That's very strong anyway. So yeah, I'll have three passports. My niece had as four or five passports. That's kind. You can do that now, Okay, garsone.
Speaker 3: I'd like your finest port. You give that in a minute, All right, Long Beach will receive more than six point eight million in federal funding to enhance security and improve cargo flow rather at the port.
Speaker 4: The funding comes from the US Department of Emergency Management Agency's Port Security Grant program.
Speaker 3: That's a mouthful.
Speaker 4: And so two point six million will go to support infrastructure, strengthen cybersecurity, improved drone detection capabilities, which I have to imagine is a pretty big one now, among other things. So it'll be well spent. It sounds like your Microsoft, sir.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that the Port of Los Angeles also has money coming in too, right next door, So I mean, the story doesn't talk about it, but money is being spent on a federal level, as it should.
Speaker 5: I would have loved to have seen the listing on this one, a four bedroom, thirty five hundred square foot mid century modern home in Pacific Palisades where a celebrity died in a hot tub. Matthew Perry's home sold for eight point five five million dollars. Of course, it was almost a year ago to the day that he died of a drug overdoser from ketamine in his hot tub.
Speaker 3: So sad.
Speaker 2: And look at the woman who bought it as a vacation.
Speaker 5: Home, which is just weird to me. I know people live in houses that people have died in, but.
Speaker 2: I don't see I would. I mean, I'm more impressed with who she is, NBA from sc and she founded this real estate consulting firm, I mean, a huge, huge business. This woman is so sharp.
Speaker 3: I hope the listing didn't say a great place to enjoy with friends.
Speaker 2: Oh, would be excellent.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that, you know how they try, and you know, piek ap Yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: Let's go into that howlo. I'm going to give you the credit. Did she get a friends and family price?
Speaker 3: She did not.
Speaker 2: Get? But you're the one that started that.
Speaker 3: You put the light on it. Now that that's yours, you.
Speaker 2: Come up with a couple of good ones today. All right, let's move on, all right.
Speaker 4: Egypt's president announced Sunday that his country has proposed a two day ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, during which four hostages held in Gaza would be freed. So far, none of the actual parties participating have responded. I know, so they have you might as well, say, Bill Handle has announced that he proposed a two day cease fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they go back and forth, but nothing, the basics haven't changed at all. Hamas still wants number one the destruction of Israel, although they're not going to get that, but they'll only talk ceasefire in Israel completely leaves Gaza, which is not going to happen, and not Neta Nya who says we're not leaving until Hamas is completely destroyed. Okay, where do you go with that? No one's getting no one's getting off their perch.
Speaker 5: So how much do you make? It's not enough living paycheck to paycheck. Now, about a fifth of US households that earn more than one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year say they're living paycheck to paycheck.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's defined.
Speaker 2: There's a reason for it. It's not even though it's more expensive to live, there is a reason for it. Amy, I'm going to throw that back at you. And why is that?
Speaker 5: Well, they're saying that the analysis defines people living paycheck to paycheck as those who dedicate more than ninety five percent of their household income to necessities including gas, food, internet, utilities, public transportation, childcare, and house incomes.
Speaker 2: Now, also, the more more money you make, the more money you spend. Well, there's that. That's the problem. You buy a half you're making one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. You're not going to buy a five hundred thousand dollars house. You're going to buy a million a two million dollar house.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I have theories about that. There are math equations you can do. Because everybody thinks more money, more better, and it's just not. I think that when you push past a certain point, you end up spending.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do have that money right now, quest checked it. I w I went to law school with a bunch of people who became senior partners. Made buckets of money, but they maintained that lifestyle and they wanted to get out, but they couldn't because it was so expensive to live. Because as they made those hundreds of thousands dollars a year, they lived one hundreds of dollars a year lifestyle. That's the problem, and that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're better off living below your means no matter what you make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, buy costco clothes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's for you, all right.
Speaker 4: So astronaut who was briefly hospitalized after returning from the spake space has been released. So apparently, as they come back to Earth, they go basically, they're flown to a hospital. They do these medical checks and usually they are released, and most of them, three of them were. One who was not identified was kept for observation for an unspecified medical issue. This is all due not naming them and not naming what the situation was. It is all due to patient privacy. But apparently the astronaut is in good health now and we'll resume normal post flight reconditioning with the other crew member.
Speaker 2: I have a question the identity will not be released. There's exactly three of them, and it doesn't take much to have someone planted at the hospital to see which two were released.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's kind of said with a wink, right, It's like, we can't give this inform patient information.
Speaker 4: Wink wink. But yeah, you do the simple math. It's not it's not really, you know. It's like the old thing about being in an elevator. There's two people in an elevator and they smell gas. Somebody passed gas. They both know who did it.
Speaker 3: Hello, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just trying to come up with some kind of a joke, and I just can't.
Speaker 3: Getting such deep philosophical Neil.
Speaker 2: Neil, you and I have had some experience with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've had trips in the elevator get Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes we have.
Speaker 4: There was a time after his gastric bypass that I gotta tell you, it was like the devil himself was escaping from Shiol.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, I think we're done. I do, I do KF. I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.