Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's a family reunion up in here. Nick polio Chini joins us in the studio. Happy New Year, Happy New Year. I guess it's not too late to say it. Yeah, no, halfway through the month.
Speaker 3: But it's not like I've been able to see you, so no, And I think that's the funniest part. Well, we've maybe text messaged and we randomly ran into each other at a fast food restaurant across.
Speaker 2: This we're going that's where we're gonna start. Earlier today, I left my house at like I want to say, four to thirty, okay, And it took me because yeah, you're really well, that's the whole point. That's why I end up there because I need, guess some food before I go on the air. So it's four thirty, it's five o'clock, it's five thirty, it's getting on to six o'clock. I said, I gotta have something to eat before I get on the air, and there's some things I need to do to get ready for the show. So I'm kind of rushed. I pulled by Chick fil a and I see like the park I'm not it's damn near empty. It was really dinner hour. I said, shoot, this is a sign.
Speaker 4: So I pulled into the.
Speaker 2: Parking lot and I had no problem getting a parking space, which is really really really rare.
Speaker 3: Yes, really, it was really quiet over there. I go into the restaurant.
Speaker 2: There's no one in line. I said, okay, this is another sign. Yes, and I get my food to go. It took like all of three minutes, no exaggeration. I don't care if it was frozen and they just microwaved it.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I was hungry. I was in a rush. I had to get back to the to the studio. I walk outside and there was a very nice young lady by the name of Margaret.
Speaker 4: What let me back up? Yeah. I made my order and I said, what name is it going to be?
Speaker 2: Under?
Speaker 4: And I said, mo, you know, because I'm not thinking anything of it. Of course it could be MO.
Speaker 2: It be more. Sometimes I say, it's it's tyrone, just to just to mess with people.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's just it's a point of reference.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Of course, I get my food, go outside and Margaret comes up to me and she says are.
Speaker 4: You Moe from care.
Speaker 2: And it's like, well, you know I am, because you know I am right, because you've heard my voice and you've seen me, and I assume that you know at that point.
Speaker 4: But she was very nice.
Speaker 2: She said, oh my gosh, I always listen to your show, and are you supposed to be on the air soon?
Speaker 4: I see yes, which is even funnier.
Speaker 3: So while this is transpiring, I am on the other side of the restaurant and I hear Margaret call Moe's name for his food, and I am show prepping to come to the show tonight, and I text message him and go, well, neither you nor I were at Chick fil across the street from the studio tonight.
Speaker 4: No were.
Speaker 3: Neither of us were, but yes, And it was even more entertaining because I thought he saw me because it looked right through me when he happened to scan the restaurant just randomly as he was walking out the door.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, when I'm in a situation like that, I'm always not scanning for threats, but I'm just looking the general lay of the lag.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny because even the place, if you had seen me, I am always that way. You and I come from very specific cultures. So I'm LGBTQ I A plus you're black. We both have very specific well allegedly I mean, welcome to Kfie. Oh, but anyway, we both have very specific ways of there. Yeah, but I'm just saying, we walk into a room, we know where the exits are. We always are very that way. So when I walk into a room, I have my back to the wall. I know where the exits are. So that was when I was in there. I had this very specific setup. And you and I have a very similar way. We go out to dinner, we've gone to lunch. We have the same way of obsessing a situation. So it's funny because it was that same way. You have the same scan of the room as you're walking out. Yes, And so anyway, that was when I was sending you the text message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm not looking for anyone, like if I'm in line waiting for my food, anyone who comes in that door, right, I'm aware of right, just in case it may turn into something.
Speaker 4: Always, we live in a world where you gotta know, No, you gotta know, you gotta know.
Speaker 2: So I get my car and I get this text message from Nick, and it was a very funny reminder. And this is something I always tell young people specifically, sure, having nothing to do with technology.
Speaker 4: Someone is always watching.
Speaker 2: Of course, someone is always what it might be people watching. They may be watching with intent, they may be watching because they wanted to do something to you.
Speaker 4: But someone is always watching.
Speaker 3: So mind your p's and q's always, because then anything that's said, it's specific to what we have been trained with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like for example, going back to Margaret, I could have been acting an ass, Yeah, a complete ass, and then that story is told somewhere else, what with no idea.
Speaker 3: I have no idea about it, right, So that was you can tell that, this is this we have been friends for a long time.
Speaker 4: You can tell this.
Speaker 3: No, you could tell this because we had a whole plan and there was gonna be a thing and we're gonna get to it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get to it.
Speaker 3: But this is so funny because we can go down a tangent. But it's been a wild start to twenty twenty five period, full stop. Yes, and we had an wild end in twenty twenty four here at KFI and at iHeartRadio in general. But some of the things that I wanted to really touch on. We've had so much inundation, and the KFI team is incredible and have been working so hard, and I think that that's the biggest thing. With everything that wrapped up twenty twenty four and everything that is going into twenty twenty five, the team here and the iHeartRadio team specifically has worked so incredibly hard to make sure to keep you informed of everything that is happening in and around the fires, the Palisades fire, the Outta Dina fire. Everything has been so heavy and so we wanted to take a moment to find a little bit of levity and not to be haha levity, but there's a way to celebrate everything in and around it, and the Lack Factory just did this past weekend. They donated proceeds from every single one of their shows from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this past weekend. All of that from all the comedy shows went to the fire relief from with the La Fire Foundation. Fluffy Gabrielle Glesias down in Long Beach where I'm from, he has been doing pounding the pavement and collecting funds. He's and he's such a cool guy. Like I run into him regularly, so, uh, he's a huge I do all the time. He lives in Long Beach.
Speaker 4: Got to tell me to come because I've wanted to have him.
Speaker 3: We can have him on that's easy, yeah, because I've seen a bunch of times we can do that's the time.
Speaker 4: I'm no, we can do that. That's easy.
Speaker 3: No, that I can make happen. That's not a problem, so that we can figure out for later with the mo Kelly Fluffy. But he's a Volkswagen guy and I am as well. So he actually just got the id Buzz, which is the new van that's out from Volkswagen. Because he's a huge I saw that the other day. It's it's a nice throwbacks. And so he hasn't he has a warehouse. It's actually not fro him from where Brian and I live, so kind of it's kind of the Wilmington Long Beach borders where his ware houses. Anyway, not to give all of his secrets away, but I run into him at a couple of hangouts in Long Beach because that's where he is, and uh, yeah, so, but he has been doing a lot of things, pounding the pavement. He's been at Randy's Donats over in Inglewood and getting a lot of money and donations. But I'm just saying, yeah, yeah, there's only one real Randy's.
Speaker 4: You're correct, You're right with that one. There's a lot of big donuts around here, but there's only one. I think you were talking about to say one.
Speaker 3: You're talking, Yes, we're talking about the original random Okay, thank you. No, but Randy's is kind of expanded because you can now get Randy's the Lai and that's that's a story for another. No, that's not the same thing at all. But the thing that's interesting that I want to talk about that is going to get a lot of buzz here very very soon. And so I kind of we're not breaking any news here, but is the big benefit concert that's going to be coming up here at the end of the month, and I'm confident that iHeartRadio is going to be involved in some way, shape or form. Nothing has been officially announced, but it will be happening at the Intoit Dome not too far from you. We talked about this last week, yes, right, and so there is more information has come out as of today. So that's specific that I want to kind of touch on it. It looks like that's going to be including both not just into it Dome, but also now Kia Forum is going to be a second like the Olympics exactly. And so where it was originally twenty four slots and at least fifty artists that we're going to be involved or have shown interest involvement, it will likely expand beyond those twenty four slots. And also it has been allegedly we'll say just because we don't want to give away facts that we don't one hundred percent know here on KFI, but it will be also live streamed. Now what I'm going to say very likely, because this is a charity event, it will likely be a pay to view live stream because it's a charity donation. So don't expect you're going to be logging onto YouTube or whatever it is and being able to enjoy these incredible artists for free. Because again, at the end of the day, it is intended to be a fundraiser, So it is going to be fire Aid relief benefit concert. It is slated for Thursday the thirtieth, the end of this month. Details are still coming out. If you want to visit this week of a Nick or Nick Poliochinia on Instagram. I have links in my bio that have all the updated information for you there, so I've been keeping it up to date as much as possible. That's kind of the big event that is coming. The things that I do know for sure, at least to this point. So granted everything's organic and I don't know why this is the weirdest thing, but at this point we know who's not performing or not participating allegedly.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, yeah, we talked about this actually last week.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're not going to know who is performing exactly because there's some legal issues around one hundred.
Speaker 3: And ten percent, correct, So I think that's it. So I think you're looking at that. But what we do know is folks that have donated and will be involved in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 4: Beyonce.
Speaker 3: Beyonce has already donated two and a half million dollars just in general to the funds. While she may not be directly involved with this, she has already been involved in donating, so you never know, she could pop up.
Speaker 4: We will see.
Speaker 3: There's a very possibility, but they're not going to announce, right, But they're not Gonn announce that. But looking at some of the actors that have been involved here, Jamie Lee Curtis and her husband have already donated a million dollars, there is a possibility of them being involved. They've been doing stuff here with iHeartRadio and with the Dream Center and everything else. Paris Hilton has also done some stuff, but there's a lot going on, So that's kind of that's the airtime I want to give to the names.
Speaker 2: Remind me to tell you my story of being Paris Hilton after the be Et Awards.
Speaker 4: Oh one year. Oh yeah, okay, we were hanging out one night. Okay, true story. Oh all right.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: If you follow me, first of all, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: If you follow me on social media and have followed me for a long time, I really appreciate you and I the biggest thing that I have encouraged a lot of our well I say our, you know know, if you listen to Later with mo Kelly, you know I announced here I'm no longer with iHeartRadio as of last year.
Speaker 4: Hopefully I'll be coming back some you never know. It's a world.
Speaker 3: But anyway, social media is one of those times or those areas where sometimes you need a cleanse. And so if you have noticed, my account has been pretty quiet since the fires have broken out, and I was talking to Moe and Swallow off the air. And the reason it has been is because, and I'm not saying this to toot my own horn, but I've been volunteering every day since the fires have been happening, and for me, it's important to be in my community. And granted I live in Long Beach, so the only issue we're dealing with in Long Beach is poor air quality be from the fires. I am very thankful and I have had people in our garage and in our guest rooms, and we currently have a friend that Brian went to college with who is displaced people from both Altadena and from Palisades fire. And a friend one of Brian's best friends from Biola from Bible Institute of Los Angeles here in LA who he went to college with from the Palisades. I know he went to Viola, That's where Brian went to Yeah, I did not know that.
Speaker 4: That's not a problem. You didn't know that. Yeah, No, he went to Biola. What happened.
Speaker 3: Oh, so many stories, but that's my parasil story. But one of his best friends that he went to Viola with, who is lives into Penga, has been under evacuation orders since you know, the beginning, and so he's still waiting to go home. He's still waiting for evacuation orders to lift from Pallisades. So he's still with us right now. And I think that's the biggest thing that And I'm doing my best to keep it together because it's been crazy emotional for all of us. And I think the thing that I like with Kfi and with iHeart it gives us a platform to show emotion and genuineness. And I think that's the thing that I love being here and being able to put forward, is that we don't have a platform.
Speaker 4: You're tiptoeing around it.
Speaker 2: And I will say this, there have been a lot of tiers in this studio. Sure, there are a lot of tiers in these hallways. Yes, for this past week, we just haven't let everyone know about it. Yeah, that's fine, and it's hard.
Speaker 3: And it's because even though you who are riding along with us in your car, you are listening to us on the iHeartRadio app. You who have been with us for years and listen to us here on CAFI or have maybe followed us from other stations, you know us and you have become a part of our family, and we have become a part of yours. So you know our stories and you know our backgrounds. But there are times that we need to keep things private as well, and so there's a lot of times that we are are commiserating behind the scenes, and there are some things that we need to just share amongst ourselves. And so there are also times with a world with inundation of so much information, that we just share it amongst ourselves. And so that's why I'm going back to social media. My account has been pretty quiet because I have been pounding the pavement in Pasadena and Altadena and the San Gabriel Valley and doing what I can every day to help benefit the people who I love and care about, and the same for those in the Palisades area, because it is important because this is southern California, this is our community. And so the thing that I want to shine a light on, and I've been really trying to get back into the social media world, is there are a lot of small businesses that we talk about here, especially on Later, and we've talked about when it was The mo Kelly Show on weekends and Small Business Saturday and everything else. There are so many businesses who are doubling and tripling down by putting out T shirts fifteen dollars thirty dollars, one hundred percent of the proceeds are going to the fire relief or they're going to pacading in a humane or they're going to help the you know, the LA Conservancy to help out the wildlife and all that stuff. There's so much happening in our own backyards. And I know that it's really really hard to sift through a lot of the noise that's happening right now in the media as you're listening to our station to KFI, or you're watching television, or you're checking out social media. But lean into it, and when you're looking for things, look for ways you can help. And I know that there are many. Uh, mister Rogers is great. Always look for the helpers that and it sounds silly, and that may sound a litt kumbaya for some people, and I don't really care, because you've got to look for the helpers, and we are in a point right now in southern California where we need to band together and we need to work together, and we need to be in each other's back pocket. And sometimes you got to slip a twenty in each other's back pocket, and that might be buying a T shirt to help support whatever organization it is. Because we have got a lot going on coming up here in twenty twenty five and beyond that, we just got to support each other. And so anyway, I just want to say keep an eye out on social media because there's a lot of opportunities to support each other and help out, but a lot of it has to do with right now coming up this weekend, there are a lot of opportunities for you to be able to give back and have some fun doing it. So if you visit this Weekend with Nick or Nick pollio'channy on Instagram, I'm fairly confident if you visit the other social media accounts for iHeartRadio here in La, I'm not one hundred percent sure. Can't speak for them, but I can speak for this week of Nick and Nick Poliochinni Lincoln Bio has all sorts of details of local community organizations, comedy shows, concerts, A buddy of mine, Bury under your Bed, who is a ventriloquist and a little monster guy. He has been taking and doing Facebook I'm sorry FaceTime calls with children who lost their homes to be able for free Free ninety nine.
Speaker 4: We love free ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Here on later with Mo Kelly and you know this week out with Nick but you know, doing FaceTime calls and he even recorded Jeff, I'm just saying, I'll just get it out. Yeah, but Jeff, he literally recorded a version of the rainbow connection that Kermit the Frog is known for, but with Barry under the bed, this little monster character singing it, and just to see the most unusual communities, communities that you would think and like you were talking about earlier when Chris was here and talking about horror films and things with Mark Ronner. My birthday is Halloween. I'm a big part of the Halloween horror community. They are some of the most generous people and all the different the conventions that I have attended, Midsummer Scream. They have a charity of function that's going on right now and raising funds like it's wild to think how many people are bending over backwards to help here in southern California. And I know it's really hard with everything that's going on on a national stage right now. There's a lot happening, and there's.
Speaker 4: A lot pulling us in another direction.
Speaker 3: There is, absolutely and that's probably the best way to put it. There's a lot of noise that's happening that's pulling us in a different direction. And I want you listening to us now, whether you're listening to us live or you're listening to us on the podcast, and it is not in real time and it is down the road and you are tuning in, you are worthwhile and there is research that can be done. No matter if you're listening to us now or down the road or in the future, you can find ways to help and get help and be able to assist and be able to help out with the fire now, whatever the situation may be down the road. But I'm just saying here in southern California, being born and raised, we are a community that bands together.
Speaker 2: I am so amazed at the depth of people's willingness to help their fellow what I say, man, their neighbor, because there are so many opportunities not to it's easier not to.
Speaker 4: But I am overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: I am overjoyed at what I see, these intentional acts of kindness, People doing as much as they can with everything they have just right where they are. They're not going to single handedly bring a community, a neighborhood, or maybe even not even a full house back, but they are helping people move through this moment, because, let's be honest, this has been a craptastic start for my years.
Speaker 4: I mean, my goodness, No, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: And I think the thing that's even more unique is because we're such a melting pot here in southern California. So not only do we have some really unique historical communities that have been affected by the fires, but we have an international community here. So just like what you said, and you've got neighbors helping neighbors, but you have cultural neighbors that are helping cultural neighbors. You have communities that may not have ever thought of reaching out to their neighbor. There are people who may have had qualms with each other before, or may have had situations where they were a little bit afeared of each other before, and people are putting them aside. And people are you know, really pushing through that discomfort to be able to work as a community. And I'm not even saying a global community. I'm an LA community. And as funny as it sounds, as I have made many a joke between with the orange curtain of Orange County and other things as well, we have people that are coming up from San Diego and coming from Orange County and from Riverside County and San Bernardino County and the Central Coast, and coming down from Nevada and coming in from Arizona. People are and from Oregon and down from Washington. But I'm saying like people are making the drive. People who have even just visited and been a temporary part of our community are coming in. People who may not quote unquote politically be a part of this area, people who may not align with different copas right because they're doing the right thing, because they know it's the right thing, because they care about their fellow man.
Speaker 4: It's never wrong time to do the right right.
Speaker 3: Of course, And I think that's but it's funny with how twenty twenty four wrapped up and how twenty twenty five opened and how hard it is proving to be. But we're seeing a shining light, even if it's just a small.
Speaker 2: Glimmer, hopefully it's not a train oncoming. I agree now, because there's a lot going on. But I am as cynical as I tend to be, and sometimes I choose to be. I am encouraged by what I'm seeing when I'm reading, I feel as if good is winning out, when most of the time I don't feel that way.
Speaker 3: I agree, and I'm going to say, even in those inklings were just like you said, I too, am like you where I don't necessarily feel that way. I am for a change, pushing aside that gut instinct of saying, oh but what if, right you know, not to say marvel and what if hopefully you know.
Speaker 4: It'll last beyond this moment.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it won't require a perpetual disaster to have us to find any reason to come together and see each other as not only as Americans, but just brothers and sisters and neighbors and friends, people of the same community, because we were already that before the disaster. Indeed, we just forgot about it, or we chose to turn our back on it. I don't we can have an argument as to what it was, but I'm glad that we're here. Hopefully we can just kind of remain here for just a little while longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So all I can say is for you who are here with us and listening right now, thank you for tuning in, but also thank you for what you're doing each and every day, getting up, putting your pants on one leg at a time, listening to KFI.
Speaker 2: Hey, I got news for you. I put my pants on both legs at the time. I sit on the bed, I lean back, and I put on both legs special week.
Speaker 4: We all know that Moe Kelly is an overchiever. We are all very well aware.
Speaker 2: Mark Ronner might do a one leg at a time, but damn it, I don't do you put on your depends two legs at a time.
Speaker 4: Mark openings. Mark Roner doesn't even wear pants, but anyway, that's because he's always talked about how he does the news in his underwear. You can't see me above the waist.
Speaker 2: Don't make any difference, but well you give us the visual.
Speaker 4: Please out there. I don't want to see that. Oh did you say hang out there?
Speaker 3: Okay, look at the time, look at the time, sit down anyway, KF.
Speaker 2: I am sixty. Kelly here, Nick, You're welcome to hang out if you like. Thank you, I'll stick around.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI A M six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI Mo Keller. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And again want to refer back to the daily briefing which took place earlier today giving all of southern California and update on the status on the fires, also evacuation zones, expectations regarding the curfew. We heard from civic leaders, we heard leaders from first responders, law enforcement, and there's something else I wanted to play for you first. Want to listen back to I hope I get this right. Is Jerry mcgagna of cal Fire.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 5: My name is Jeremyganna Incident management teams for the Palisades and Eating Fire. I just want to do once again thank the partners and cooperators for all of their continued teamwork with these incidents. We couldn't do it without each other and without the support of the community. As mentioned for both fires, I just wanted to continue to stress the fact that it is important that the public stay informed on the process and what is happening each day on these incidents. With all of the press briefings that are given, a ton of information is being put out there. Just please make sure that you are aware of the information for your impacted area.
Speaker 4: As a whole.
Speaker 5: For both incidents, Den's inspections continue and will be thoroughly processed to get the latest information out to you so that you have the ability to gather that information and move forward within your process. You saw our operations continue for both incidents and we will continue to update our cooperators and partners with the latest and greatest information. And today you'll also be hearing about the disaster recovery centers that are being opened.
Speaker 4: More detail to follow.
Speaker 5: But we just wanted to make sure that you as a public are getting all the information that you need to move forward in the process. And then all of us uppear on this stage. You're working together for you to get you the information that you need. Please stay patient with our process. We will get you in as soon as we can.
Speaker 4: Thank you. And here is a supervisor, Catherine Barger.
Speaker 6: It has been seven days since my constituents' lives were devastated by the Eating fire.
Speaker 7: Seven days.
Speaker 6: At the most recent in person community meeting we held for eating fire survivors. We had hundreds of people attend. Also, more than fifty thousand people joined on live stream. This speaks to the scale and impact of this devastation.
Speaker 7: All eyes are on FEMA at this moment.
Speaker 6: We know value and appreciate FEMA's partnership. Are the agency who is there for people in their time of darkest need.
Speaker 7: It is of the utmost importance.
Speaker 6: That we be very clear, very clear about what support and help FEMA can realistically provide for wildfire survivors. They need nothing less than clear and transparent answers about how they will be supported through the recovery process. I want to thank Bob Benton, FEMA Administrator for Region nine, for being here today. I thank you for speaking to my constituents so they can plan the way forward. I also want to make sure survivors know disaster resource centers open today.
Speaker 7: Disaster resource centers are.
Speaker 6: Staffed by local, state, and federal officials who are there to help those impacted by these fires. The east side location is passing a City College community education center located at three zero three five East Foothill Boulevard in Pasadena. The west side location is UCLA Research Park, West one zero eight five zero West Pico Boulevard in Los Angeles. Both locations will be open from one pm to eight pm today and then starting tomorrow morning and moving forward they will open from nine am to eight pm. Details can be found at Recovery dot LA County dot gov.
Speaker 4: Still with me in studio is Nick Polio Kinni. Nick.
Speaker 2: This is an approaching holiday weekend, the King weekend.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a little bit different.
Speaker 2: You have the Trump inauguration going on in the background. Yes, you have a not holiday esque feeling term time.
Speaker 4: But what should we do? What might we do to get out there?
Speaker 3: So I've got a handful of things, and I think you have to remember, like we kind of talked about and we are all very well aware what's happening in the Southland right now, so as has been talked about in the news here on KFI and you hear on some of our PSAs and everything else. kN ninety five masks are encouraged if you're going to be out and about just for your own health and well being, because you know the air quality is not the best. But I've got a couple of old school can give it an old school for this week. I'm a nick and we do love a good free ninety nine event, So one that is as far as I know at this point in time, and then we'll find out what happens with the sand An Wins and the fire situation. But in the city of Monterey Park, which is in the San Gabriel Valley, they will be doing Lunar New Year kickoff this weekend, So in downtown Monterey Park both Saturday and Sunday three ninety nine, you can take the family and enjoy Lunar New Year. So this year it is the celebration of the Year of the Snake, and that's a big thing. So Lunar New Year is a celebration throughout the Asian Pacific rim with details for all different cultures celebrating different versions of it. So you've got tech and you've got all different avenues of that. In fact, I'll actually be at the Disneyland Resort this weekend celebrating with them. You can actually start seeing me as of Thursday. I'll be doing a couple of things with the Disneyland Resort as well as Friday for the kickoff of Lunar New Year at Disney California Venture Park, and they'll be doing some fun and exciting new things for that whole tie in. So I'm sure that they will be featuring Cough from Jungle Book and a couple of other snakes from Disney Lore. But scared me as a kid, But that's okay. But I mean, you didn't enjoy the psychedelic eys, well, scared the Jesus nightmares nowadays, I mean it's southern California. You could you could be a whole different ballgame with those eyes. But anyway, so that's one of the opportunities that is available for you to be able to check out. But also, uh, even something that I'm just gonna tease and I know this is a little crazy, and then we'll get back into what's going down this weekend. But today is Tuesday, the fourteenth of January, and that means we are a month away from Valentine's Day. I know it's crazy to think I'm just saying. I'm saying, but this is the thing that's interesting. And I have seen a little bit of scuttle blot about this, I think, and this seems very accurate. So Valentine's Day is going to be a Friday this year, so that means it's going to be a weekend. So two things are very likely to happen. With what's going on in southern California, we might see an unusual uptick and volunteering for Valentine's Day. There might be some activities that are a little bit more unusual. Also, it might be a time for going out of town, so you might want to start planning ahead for a little bit of a weekend get away with your significant other.
Speaker 2: Don't give my wife, are you listening ahead?
Speaker 4: Are you there?
Speaker 2: She and I are actually on the same page. We had a conversation about this before we got married. Neither of us has any interest in Valentine's Day. It's a it's a fabrication of so it's a Mark hall Mark. Yeah, okay, so we don't care about any day now. It's great for anyone else, just not for us.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 3: That's fine, nothing wrong with that. But I mean, well, it's also if you do like one of my fas. But this is because I'm a Disney fan. It's Valentine's Day is the thirteenth of February. It's just like a Halloween sk Yeah, it's all about the disney villains. Valentine's Day the day before Valentine's Day. Oh and the only reason I will not be with you next week is because I will be celebrating at the Disneyland Resort the very first Sweetheart's Night for this season.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: How many times do you go to Disneyland a year? Usually? On average? I would say I probably.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because like this is always think because everybody, especially as we get past the summer season, people are like, you know, you're there at Disneyland all the time.
Speaker 4: And last year I went in a.
Speaker 3: Year, which is way more than most people go in three hundred and sixty five days. I went eighteen times last year.
Speaker 2: I don't think I went anywhere eight except maybe the grocery store eighteen times.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say the gym, because I know you went to your dojo.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do that, Yeah, they do that just but every Saturday at a minimum, So about fifty two times. I would say forty seven beau dojo because a few times that are one, but so I say, I think it was eighteen eighteen or nineteen times, because it Disney sends you like an end of the year review of like how many times you visited for the year.
Speaker 3: I don't think i'd want to know all that, but then you have to remember too. A lot of times. It's more so for me because I am getting invitations to go and share all the fun and excitement of what's coming for the season to with you. To be able to share all the fun things that are coming. So Sweetheart's Night starts on the twenty first, which is a week from today. That's an after hours event for Disneyland Resort. Also coming up very soon in the beginning of February will be the seventy fifth anniversary of Peanuts over at Nott's Berry Farm, So I'll be bringing some of that to later with mo Kelly for What's Up with Nick, which will be really exciting to celebrate Charles Schultz and all the Peanuts characters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have the same birthday, do you really? Yeah, Charles Schultz to me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, it was like or Snoopy or yeah I love that twenty six Yeah, okay, right before Thanksgiving. I guess I didn't know. It depends okay, but I have to stop you there a second. Sure, because there's something that runs parallel to this. I don't know if you saw the story going back to Disneyland. Disneyland has canceled the fireworks show at least in the short term.
Speaker 2: Yes, due to the windy conditions. Let me ask this question. You're intimately intimately familiar with Disney Yes. Would it have made more sense for Disney slash Disneyland to just say we're canceling the fireworks show for now?
Speaker 4: Yes, period. Not because it's windy, no, just because.
Speaker 3: The optics are not all that So the last time this happened in that same kind of vein was when in Walt Disney World in Florida they had a malfunction. Well, it happened here as well, when the dragon from Phantasmic caught fire and then all pyrotechnics were cut off at the resort here at Disneyland Resort. Also, similarly, when Maleficent Dragon caught fire in the parade Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World in Florida, the same situation happened. They shut all pyrotechnics down. I agree with you, it should just genuinely be that way. And they got me a fire fire wire work. It's probably not the thing to be doing right now. And I think for me having been a former Disneyland Resort cast member, because that's long before my career in radio back in ninety eight, I know.
Speaker 4: I'm very old. What part did you play?
Speaker 3: A mini Mouse? I would be a very tall mouse. Five heels, yeah, can you imagine five? I would be like a six to two mini Miley, How are you doing?
Speaker 4: You don't have to speak? It doesn't speak. She does now, she does, she absolutely does. What does that? What did that change?
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to say back in early two thousands is when they started having so there's a lot of technology that advanced.
Speaker 4: Because the last two times I what it is, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I remember love MoU Hair took a picture with many, but I don't remember her saying it each.
Speaker 3: So there's a handful of opportunities at the Disneyland Resort or any of the Walt Disney interaction points, because it can be on the Disney cruise lines or anywhere else where you will encounter opportunities to interact with Minnie or Mickey or any of the Fab five, or even beyond that a lot of the different Disney characters, and they're actually able to speak with you and interact with you. So it's really quite impressive, like conversations. They're not like a doll with a string in the back.
Speaker 4: No, because I.
Speaker 3: Mean, but you've seen Mando. You've been on so Mando can talk to you. It just feels different because you're right, and I understand that. But there are definitely animated characters who have crossed the divide, if you will, into reality who are able to interact with you, which is really quite exciting. So I was gonna say Mickey, Minnie, Goofy Donald, Daisy chip Dale. I'm trying to think who else I've interacted with? But yeah, so not all over the resort? Oh absolutely, yes, have you not seen the show? I went to the saw the show. Oh yeah, I couldn't believe people getting upset.
Speaker 4: It's like this dead bowl. Won'll worry? What do you expect?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, No, And I mean I'm not one of my favorite shows of the Christmas show that takes place at on Avengers Campus, a Disney California a venture but whatever anyway, But yeah, no, I think for me and this is something I've always thought for a long time, and I really hate to have guests visiting and I haven't worked at Disney and I'm calling them as if I work there, But I hate to have guests come from all over southern California and beyond. But when we are in the Santa Anna Win situation, I feel that the Disneyland Short Resort should just communicate to guests that are visiting that we just don't have fireworks during this time period because there's a likelihood of being dangerous. Doesn't matter that we have fires right now. Just generally speaking, between this point of time and this point of time, mother Nature is not necessarily on our side, and for the safety of you and the other guests, we just don't have fireworks.
Speaker 4: Why haven't they gone to the drone show yet?
Speaker 3: So that is very interesting because they're still at this point, even though a portion of it has lifted back from nine to eleven. There's a TFR, a temporary flight restriction over the Disneyland Resort that has been instituted from nine to eleven for protection of the resort as well as there is a flight path from John Wayne Airport that loops surrounded right right because of that, the drones cannot fly over the resort because they would have to change it because the drones are specifically not allowed to fly over the resort.
Speaker 2: But the exploding bombs, the red glare, your bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night.
Speaker 4: That's okay, that's okay, trust me, I know, and I think.
Speaker 3: But the thing that's funny, and if you visit YouTube or social media and see the absolutely incredible shows that they have at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris and now they have at Tokyo Disneyland, those drone shows are insane and it really irks me that we haven't been able to find a way to incorporate them here, even on a smaller scale, especially World of Color at Disney California Adventure, which is just a Disneyized version of the Fountain Show in fact created by the same company at Blagio in Vegas. The same company behind the Blagio Fountain Show is the same company that helped create World of Color at Disney Park. I would love to see drones incorporated in that, and they would be low enough out of the sky that they could be involved on like because the point is if they're at a low enough altitude it wouldn't be affected by that temporary flight restriction. Or the team far granted over the castle over at Disneyland Park a different ballgame, because it would have to be at a high enough altitude that it would be affected. But I agree with you. I think that we're at a point that it could be absolutely incredible. And there's nothing wrong with a few flash bangs that are coming off the castle, right, So I think that you could combine those things, the small flash bangs that take place at Fantasmic, and a couple of other different pyrotechnic opportunities. So for me, there's so much magic and so much technology that would be able to be incorporated. And I'm just dis pointed. Disney, you are absolutely incredible, and I know that I can literally look out the studio here and I can see several of your buildings just down the cele But you're so absolutely incredible, and you're a juggernaut of entertainment within the world and realistically the universe. Lord only knows that there's aliens out there. George Norri could probably chime in on it, but Disney, you know, I'm sure aliens are watching the shows from outside of our galaxy. But I would love to see things here happen in Southern California that haven't. And I think I'm disappointed that I haven't seen an incorporation of some of those really special, unique opportunities that have happened elsewhere within the Walt Disney Company here for us in Southern California, especially because starting in May is the seventieth anniversary celebration of Disneyland Park here in Disney, California.
Speaker 2: Or well, you makes me feel so old because I remember being a kid in Disneyland.
Speaker 4: The park was still relatively new.
Speaker 3: Right, No, I mean you have to think I'm I'm also old enough that I had books, I had the ticket books, so I'm sack ticket books a ticket B ticket on you still like what I'm saying, I'm I too am old enough to have been around when ticket books were thing, before the tickets went insanely expensive and it was just one to get into the door, as opposed to the.
Speaker 2: Eight ticket rides with the best rides, and now they're only like, I don't know a handful of the book booklet, and you know, I think an a ticket ride with like the tea cups like I don't want any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, and I think there was a C ticket but still see anyway, Okay, you get my point. I feel you. No, I'm right there with you. But anyway, there are some amazing things that are coming. Paint the Night is returning to the Disneyland Resort for the seventieth anniversary. I will have so many more exciting things to share with you. What's up with Nick here? During a later with Mo Kelly on KFI for the Disneyland Resort and so much more.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've got you know me.
Speaker 3: I just I'm a plethora of useless information. If there was who wants to be a millionaire, I was definitely one of those people you should have called because I just got inside scoop on so much.
Speaker 2: You close it out the segment, you close it out the hour. Yeah, probably the show later on? Uh tell us how people can can find you? Because it's been a minute, sure said, You've you've been able to do it like you always do it for me.
Speaker 3: You can always find me on social media, Nick Polio Channi, which is always the challenge. But if you've been listening, yes, Pagliochini is the pa g l I O C h I and I very very fanatical.
Speaker 4: If you look at it.
Speaker 2: I swore that that was like a radio suitedam for the longest.
Speaker 3: No, the funnier part is and Amy King here from KFI can confirm this as well. I was Mark Silvio for so many years, which is Sylvia. Which is so funny to think that you had such a pors You can tell we were right up against that safe harbor time here brown chicken brown.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: No, I was Mark Silvio here for so many years on KFI. In fact, it was very funny because Chris Little, our former news director, was the one who made the change I don't know, maybe a decade or so ago over to me going by Nick Poliochanni, I mean Robin Berlucci, our former program director, also made the decision.
Speaker 4: But still Mark Silvio, Mark Silvio.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so many many years of working here, I was Mark Silvio.
Speaker 4: And then I became wearing assless chaps and.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'm just like I took my well, I didn't even know Mark Ronner at the time period, who doesn't wear pants.
Speaker 4: During our youuge s report.
Speaker 3: Mark Silvio has a mullet and parachute pants and no chess.
Speaker 4: And on that note, there we go. That's how we sign up and wrap things up here at KFI. KFI A six forty, we're live everywhere. The iHeartRadio app fires are raging. KFI News is working. Stay safe, stay informed,