Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty Wake Up Call with me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: K f I at KOST HD two Los Angeles and.
Speaker 1: Orange County at.
Speaker 3: Your host Amy.
Speaker 4: Okay, good morning, it's five o'clock.
Speaker 5: Greight up.
Speaker 1: This is your wake up call for Monday, June sixteenth.
Speaker 5: I'm Amy King.
Speaker 1: We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Just heard that opening with our friend Todd Light at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 5: I love his voice. How much I know?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I think everybody does. It's amazing. I got to go to Dodgers games this weekend and so it was a super fun treat. We went Friday night, they lost, still fun to be there. We went Saturday night in Holy heck, that was so much fun. So we go to the game and show Hay is having a bit of a slump. But they've said when Shohey has a slump, he breaks out of it in style, and so he did. He broke out of it with a home run in the first inning, and then what the heck, let's do another one in the sixth.
Speaker 5: So that was super fun.
Speaker 1: And then the team was up by so much that they put Key k Hernandez in as a pitcher in the ninth inning.
Speaker 5: He gave up five runs.
Speaker 1: But they put him in because you know, they've got the shortage and the pitching staff. And of course that leads us to the big thing, and that is that show. Hay's pitching tonight, starting pitcher, starting pitcher for the first time since joining the Dodgers. It's so so exciting and speaking pitching, Kershaw was amazing Saturday night through seven scoreless innings. It was so great anyway, So that was my weekend. I hope your weekend was half as good as that because it was just such a fun, fun time. Here's what's ahead on wake up call. Oh my gosh, We've got so much going on today, you're not going to want to miss a minute of it, all right, La Mayor Bath says curfews in downtown La will remain in place indefinitely.
Speaker 5: Over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Officers fired tear gas and pepper spray, and an attempt to disperse protesters after an unlawful assembly was declared. National Guard soldiers also seen pushing protesters off the steps of the Federal Building. Spectrum service to parts of La and Ventura County has literally been cut. Spectrum says vandals cut a fiber optic line in van Nis yesterday morning. Spectrum says it is working to restore service and apologized for the inconvenience. It's also offering a twenty five thousand dollars reward for information leading to whoever cut those lines. The man accused of shooting and killing Minnesota state representative and her husband and shooting a senator from Minnesota and his wife has been caught. ABC's Jim Ryan's going to join us with the latest on the arrest and the rising threat against lawmakers that's coming up in just a couple minutes. Iran and Israel continue to bombard each other. A missile attack has killed five people in Israel overnight, and while Israel says it now has air superiority over Tehran, the attacks continue. ABC shore Donna Miller is going to join us from Jerusalem with the latest. That's at five twenty. Ever noticed how some things have just disappeared. You kind of don't even pay attention to it, But BuzzFeed put out this list of fifty things that pretty much everybody had in their kitchens like thirty years ago and now nobody has, so we're gonna we're gonna review a few of those.
Speaker 5: You can also check it out.
Speaker 1: I've posted a link to the list on my Instagram at Amy Kking Disney Tickets. We have a family four pack of one day, one park tickets to give away this morning. Disney's celebrating seventy years and it's not a party without you. So we're going to give away some tickets to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure Park. That's happening sometime between now and six o'clock. Let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Five hundred and sixty one people have been arrested in anti Ice protests that started more than a week ago. This protester says she is not stopping.
Speaker 4: We will be here every day until Ice is out of our country and our state because they don't belong here. This is our land, this is our land, and we're here to stay.
Speaker 1: Mayor Bass says the city needs to stand together.
Speaker 5: My message is, Mayor, is is that I respect and honor our tradition here, which is we are a city of immigrants, and I think frankly that that is our strength.
Speaker 1: Mayor Bass is still calling for ICE to stop its raids, but President Trump says he wants deportations in cities like La Chicago, and New York to be increased. News brought to you by American Vision Windows. Evacuation orders for all zones affected by January's deadly Palisades fire have been lifted.
Speaker 6: The ONLYFD lifted the final evacuation order to the Palisades on Sunday night. All traffic restrictions have been lifted in the area as well. The EPA had delayed access due to air and soil concerns, but many residents had already returned. The fire burned over twenty three thousand acres, destroyed sixty eight hundred structures, and killed twelve people. The Getty Villa is also set to reopen June twenty seventh. Authorities are reminding everyone to take care around remaining debris and follow safety guidelines. Other Brooker KFI news.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers show.
Speaker 1: Hey Otani is going to take the mound tonight for the first time since his elbow surgery in twenty twenty three. It's also the first time he'll pitch for the Dodgers. The team says he'll start against the Padres, but reports are that he's just going to pitch an inning or two as an opener. It's his long awaited return after surgery and a year of rehab. Can't wait. It'll be interesting to see if Spectrum services back up and running, because that's where you can watch the Dodger game. Yeah, okay, let's say good morning now to ABC's Jim Ryan. So, Jim, when we set this up last night, they were still searching for the guy in Minnesota, and this morning we wake up to find out that they got him.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: They captured him not too far from the farm that he owns out to the west southwest of the Twin Cities, so that's where he was. He was very close to that place. He'd actually been staying with somebody else in His roommate had talked about how this guy, the event's bolterer, had not been political at all, that he hadn't really said much about politics. So it's kind of a mystery as to what the motivation was in this situation. But because he was taken alive, he didn't put up a fight. He had a gun with him, but he was taken alive and now we should be able to get some information about what was driving him to do this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting that you said that he didn't have like strong political motivation, So, I mean, was he just stewing and stewing. And then we had also heard Jim, and I think tell me if you heard this too, that he had sent a message he either called somebody or texted somebody and said I did something bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yes, that was his roommate. This guy, he's got a family, got a wife, and they all lived out on this farm. But he was living in Minneapolis with this other person, this roommate of his apparently, and he had been in touch with this roommate, and Vance Bolter had said, yeah, that he had done something terrible, he might not make it out alive, that he might not be seen for a long time. Yeah, but he didn't offer much in the way of an explanation as to why he was doing this. The guy, I mean, it's sort of a mixed history that he has. He had worked on a committee, a legislative committee with one of the people who was shot on Saturday. He apparently was familiar with these folks. He worked as a security person, a home security guard, and so he and had cobbled together a police uniform something that looked very much like a Minneapolis police uniform or a suburban police uniform. Had a vehicle with lights on it looked a lot like a squad car, and this disguise helped him to gain the confidence of these two lawmakers. Knocking on the door, they opened up and he fire.
Speaker 1: So did they let him in or did he just started firing when they opened the door or do we know?
Speaker 7: At least in the case in the first case. In the case of the state senator and his wife who were wounded, apparently, a child and the daughter of that couple opened the door. She saw that it was a policeman there, apparently, and that's how he gained access and open fire. She then, the little girl is the one who called police. The police came out to the scene. They found these two wounded people, the state senator and his wife, and they said, you know what, maybe we better go check on the state by the former state representative state speaker and see what's going on, maybe because she lived about eight miles away. So by the time they got to that place, though, they found that State Representative Melissa Hortman was dead. As was her husband, but the suspect was still there at their house and dressed in this police uniform and driving what looked like a squad car. He managed to escape, was on the land for what a day and a half or so until he was caught yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still Jim and I still am having an issue with how did they make the jump that they go to somewhere they find that somebody's been shot and they go, oh, let's go to a house eight miles away of another lawmaker, Like, are there other? Are they the only two who live in the area. I just thought that that was an amazing jump.
Speaker 7: Well, it was I and this the police sergeant who went out there and made that connection said, you know what, this may be political, you know, it's certainly random. And he knew who these people were. He knew that it was a state senator and that it was his wife. And he made that connection and said, you know what, Hoffman lives not too far from here. Hortman rather Hortman is her name, and so I'm going to send some people over there to take a look make sure she's doing okay. That's when they found this suspect, And then they found the bodies of Melissa Hortman at her husband. I mean, this guy but apparently had a list of dozens of names people he had a vendetta against. And so if that sergeant hadn't gotten this idea that maybe we better send somebody over there, who knows how many other people might have.
Speaker 5: Been injured exactly, And luckily they got him.
Speaker 1: Now before we head out, these threats of violence and actual violence against lawmakers has really shot up through the roof, and.
Speaker 7: It really has. And if you look at that, and so too has the acceptance of violence. There's a survey done here actually before the twenty twenty four election that found that eighteen percent of Americans agreed that quote, because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country. Eighteen percent. I mean you say sure. I mean the good news is it's only eighteen percent of Americans who are okay with political violence. The bad news is that eighteen percent of Americans are okay with this. It's crazy.
Speaker 5: ABC's Jim Ryan think thanks so much for the information and the update. We appreciated.
Speaker 7: See y Aamy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Iran has fired a new wave of missile attacks on Israel, killing at least five. Iran says it launched about one hundred missiles and vowed further retaliation for Israel's surprise attack on its nuclear program and military leadership last week. Former Sentcom Commander General Joseph Vattel says Israel's Iron Dome is not infallible.
Speaker 8: Iran is counting on that and then hoping that that will put pressure on the Israeli administration to stop doing what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Israel has also fired missiles at Iran over the past few days and claims it has achieved aerial superiority over Tehran and could fly over the Iranian capital with impunity. We're going to get the latest on this, whichjer Donna Miller in Jerusalem. That's coming up in about seven minutes. A new poll shows most people think the Supreme Court is not politically neutral. The Reuters IPSO poll shows fifty eight percent of an Americans feel that way, while twenty percent say they think it is politically neutral. Among people who describe themselves as Democrats, ten percent say it's politically neutral, while among Republicans, fifty four percent say they don't see it as a neutral court. Meta has finalized a multi billion dollar investment in Scale AI and recruited the startups chief executive officer to join its AI efforts. Mark Zuckerberg is putting together a team of experts to achieve artificial general intelligence and is poaching top engineers from other big tech companies, including from Google. It's the Disneyland Resorts seventieth celebration, and guess what we can't celebrate without you. With all the sites and laughter and fun, everyone's excited and KFI wants to give you a chance to win a family four pack of one day one park tickets to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park and join this limited time event. Keep it right here, keep your phone handy, and keep the radio turned up. We have a family pack of tickets to give away this morning during wake up call, sometime between now and six o'clock, so keep it right here. The LAPD has made more than five hundred arrests since ice ray had started in the Southland. The arrests have been made since June eighth and are in connection with protests across the city. A dozen LAPD officers have been injured, including three on Saturday during the No King's protests downtown. More than five months after the deadly wildfire in Pacific Palisades, the final evacuation order has been lifted. Officials acknowledged that a lot of people had disregarded the evacuation order and had already started moving back in. Gas prices have begun inching up following several weeks of dropping prices. The average price for a gallon of regular gas in La County ticked up two tenths of ascent to four to sixty five. Orange County's average is up four tenths of ascent to a little over four fifty six a gallon. Let's say good morning now to ABC's Jordana Miller in Jerusalem. Good morning, Jordana.
Speaker 3: High there.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 5: Sure it's a very stressful time for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it feels kind of like time has. It's like one one big long day since Friday morning at three am, when those sirens woke up, you know, citizens across Israel, to notify them that Israel was carrying out a preemptive strike on Oran's nuclear facilities on its military sites, carrying out all these targeted assassinations of military leaders, scientists, and since then it seems like one long day of sirens and trying to adjust to a new reality, which is you know, a whole other intense phase of this war. You know, with the war in Gazon going as well. You know, there are now twenty four Israelis that have been killed since Israel carried out those strikes Iran last night, as it has for the last few nights, firing about specifically last night with sixty five ballistic missiles and two waves. Some nights it's about one hundred, and those are basically most of them are being shot down. But we're seeing about ten percent, maybe a little bit more thirteen percent evading Israel's aerial defense system and striking residential buildings in you know, a lot of parts of central Israel and in some parts.
Speaker 5: Of the North Jordana m last year for example.
Speaker 1: Oh I was just going to say, it appears that Israel is striking targets. They're going after nuclear facilities, oil refineries, targeting some people, scientists and leaders, but is Iran just striking indiscriminately.
Speaker 3: Well, it appears that they are striking civilian targets, though it has to be said that some of Israel's most important defense buildings and air bases are in areas where there's civilian life right around, right, especially in Tel Aviv. So the Iranians do appear to be hitting some areas that are far from far from what we might consider legitimate you know, military targets, Israeli military targets, and some are closer to those targets. You know, the neighborhood that was hit today or overnight, I should say, you know, it was in central Tel Aviv. It actually part of it. The aftermath of the strike damaged part of the US embassy or consulate building there in Tel Aviv. You know, minor damage, nobody was hurt, That's what US officials tell us. But nonetheless, you know, that's not an area with intense or you know, Israeli military sites.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: And then for example, the areas of Benez Barack and Petach Tikva that were hit, those also don't seem close to any military sites. So I think there is you know, some there is a good deal of truth to ran not not solely hitting or trying to hit Israeli military targets where I think Israel is trying you know, more or less and even calling on people to to evacuate. Yesterday Israel put out evacuation orders for some parts of Tehran where they operated overnight and yesterday. So you know, this is uh, you know, these strikes are it doesn't it doesn't appear that the back and forth is going to end anytime soon. It feels like we're being prepared for, you know, at least a couple of weeks of this.
Speaker 5: Okay and Jordana.
Speaker 1: Do you know how much damage has been done to facilities in Tehran? We had some initial reports after that first huge barrage, but have you gotten any updates on what they've taken out since?
Speaker 3: So these really say they've significantly damaged the Natans nuclear facility and a facility in Isfahan. The Iranians have admitted significant damage to Natans. These reallys have not yet targeted for now. That's the nuclear facility that's deep underground in Qualms, not far from Tehran. And then Israil you know hit what they say is now a third of about one hundred and twenty missile launcher sites and knocked out a lot of air defense systems, and the Iranians have admitted the assassination of much of their top military leadership, and today we learned more their top intelligence chief was killed. So Iran can't really hide that. But I do think it's you know, I do think Iran. We have to remember Iran has cut access to the internet for its citizens and it took them many days to come out only late yesterday, on day the end of day three of this fight or war, to admit that over two hundred Iranians have been killed.
Speaker 1: And then one last question before we let you go, because we know that there are as you mentioned, the air raid sirens are going off all the time. Are they going off in Jerusalem? And if they are, how many times have you had to go into a shelter so far?
Speaker 3: Oh, they are going off in Jerusalem, I would say three, four times a day, and often in the night, in the middle of the night. And I've been I've taken my young children across the street to a more fortified bomb shelter than the one in my home that's underground, and we've been there. Yeah, I would say almost a dozen times, probably since Friday morning. Wow, So it's it's pretty intense.
Speaker 1: And unnerving, and like you said, it's this weird news. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anxiety, Yeah, it's very anxiety provoking because you're given a certain amount of warning, but you still have to, you know, get everyone awake and put on their shoes. And what what I did, which is what many Israelis do, is they know where they're going, and everything's kind of there already, right, the clothes or the toys, and the food and the snacks, you know, and the games, the pillow, all of that's in this bomb shelter, and then you just take one bag and go.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: We hope that you don't have to continue to do that much longer, but we also hope that you continue to stay safe.
Speaker 5: And thank you as always for the information. Jordana. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, talk Sandy.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: Hey, Tonight, the Dodgers are taking on the Padres at Dodgers Stadium. First pitch goes out at seven o'clock and guess who's doing it. Shohei Otani is the starting pitcher. You can listen to tonight's Dodger game and all the games on AM five seventy LA Sports. You can stream all the games on the iHeartRadio app keyword am five to seventy LA sports Asahi Super Dry discover Japan's number one selling beer at your favorite bar or grocer. And speaking of Japan's number one, how about that show? Hey, As I mentioned, he's going to be pitching tonight, but he had quite a showing over the weekend, especially on Saturday night.
Speaker 2: He's too He's clobered a right film way back.
Speaker 5: And then in the sixth.
Speaker 3: It's a near with the Missu away Field doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have enough Carrie Exer does.
Speaker 7: He's a good home rather than night for shel Hair Old's handy said emphatic into his home run trout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's pretty amazing to watch and so cute, just got his little boy face that he's adorable and has such joy for the game like they all do. It's so fun to watch. Take Amy, It's not like that. It's more like a Sun Collee.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: It's Police in Huntington Beach say they've arrested a felon at the No King's protest for threatening to punch someone and happened a few blocks away from the pier.
Speaker 5: Saturday.
Speaker 1: Police say the guy who's wanted for battery and vandalism was waving a Mexican flag and threatening to knock out someone in the crowd. He's facing several charges. G Seven leaders have gathered in Canada. President Trump's tariffs and the escalating conflict in the Middle Easter expected to be main topics. The largest manhunt in Minnesota state history has ended. They got their guy. The man accused of shooting and killing a state lawmaker and her husband and shooting a senator and his wife was arrested last night. We're going to talk about that handle on the news that's coming up at six oh five. Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Spectrum says a criminal active vandalism in van Uys knocked out service to customers in La in parts of Ventura County. The company says fiber optic lines were intentionally cut yesterday by thieves looking for copper. Official say the vandals climbed trees to get access to the lines, which were up on poles. Spectrum is offering a reward to help find the person responsible. By the way, there is no copper in the fiber optic lines. A body has been found near an on ramp on the four or five Freeway in Van nys The LA County Office of a Medical Examiner was sent to the area of Haskell Avenue yesterday afternoons. Not clear how the person died. Police are looking for the driver of a black car that plowed into a crowd at the No King's protest in Riverside. One woman has significant injuries and was taken to the hospital, but is now in stable condition. Video on social media shows protesters running up to a black car. That's when the car plowed into several people and took off. It's being investigated as a felony hit and run. Vendors at the Santa Fe Springs swap meet say foot traffic is down because of an ice rate over the weekend. Dozens of ice agents guarded by US Marines showed up at the swap meet on Saturday. This vendor tells KTLA the agents were asking people where they're from.
Speaker 5: They were dragging people out of the bathrooms. There's people scared. They went into all the spaces asking for everyone's identification. We're all hardworking people. It's not fair what's going on.
Speaker 1: She says her grandmother is now afraid to work at the swap meet, and that her family's main source of the income comes from the sales at the the swamp meat. Several people were detained by during the raid. A poll by the Center for the Environment and Welfare show sixty percent of people in California regret passing Prop twelve. It went into effect in twenty twenty two. Farmers who sell eggs and pork to supermarkets in California are now banned from using techniques approved by veterinarians to raise chickens and pigs. Center research director Will Coggin tells KFI, that's why the cost of eggs and pork have gone up.
Speaker 2: Our argument to Congress is, hey, food price have already gone up dramatically in recent years. We don't you know.
Speaker 5: Prop twelve is an overreach. California should not be trying to regularly farmers in other states.
Speaker 1: The Center's poll is part of its Food Price Fixed campaign to educate voters and Congress about Proposition twelve and its role in pushing up grocery bills in California. Time to get in your business with Bloomberg's Courtney Donah, Good morning, Courtney, good.
Speaker 8: Morning, Happy Monday.
Speaker 5: Sure okay, okay? So let's talk.
Speaker 1: About the business of concerts. Beyonce has one of the hottest concerts this year, but not every artist.
Speaker 5: Is feeling the love like her. Yeah, not at all.
Speaker 8: So we'll play a little Beyonce to get us ready in this report a sponsored by Total Line and more see just giving us again, trying to give us a little love today. Well, the average price of the top one hundred concert tours has slipped by about six percent from last year, according to live entertainment tracker poll Star.
Speaker 5: That's the most since twenty twelve.
Speaker 8: Now, they say the combo of the volatile stock market, shaky consumer confidence, and inflation, that's all the reasons behind this. But speaking of that, going to a concert is way more expensive than it used to be. The average cost so far this year is one hundred and twenty dollars, but that's almost seventy percent from twenty ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's crazy how expensive they're getting. So at Home has filed for bankruptcy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so people who go to this retailer there, I mean, they're a great one. They have everything for patio, furniture, picture frames, anything you need for your house. But tariffs have definitely taken a toll on this company. The retail chain has been shifting some of its products supply lines away from China, but it's not fast enough. Management told investors last year that it's shipping products from Vietnam, India, Turkey, and they're trying to expand their sourcing from other countries away from China. But one thing that's important, they reiterated that they are not shutting down in Chapter eleven. Majority of its stores will remain open. So that's good for a lot of shoppers out there, especially especially if you love at Home, which we have stores at Lake Forest, Riverside, Long Beach, Pasadena, Coasta, Mesa.
Speaker 5: And then this.
Speaker 1: I always thought that Victoria's secret was going after the younger crowd, but apparently they're targeting the younger crowd now and it's not necessarily having the results they want, no.
Speaker 8: And not happening fast enough because they've been having a lot of competition airy for example, Kim Kardashian Skin, so much competition in this space, so they have been struggling for years to kind of set itself apart.
Speaker 5: Also, there was a little bit of the backlash.
Speaker 8: From the Angels and kind of that sexified look that Victoria's Secret connex push for a long time sexified. I couldn't think of what the good word was, but I like that kind of hit the nail on the head. So earlier this month, one of Victoria's Secret's largest shareholders accused the company of mismanagement. Now another activist investor. They're jumping in the mix. They're targeting the retailers. So sources tell us Barrington Capital is looking for a shakeup. They plan to ask for changes for its strategy, and Victoria's Secret says, all right, we're going to engage.
Speaker 5: We look forward to discussing our views, all right, so we'll see if that works.
Speaker 1: Okay, get in your business with Bloomberg's Courtney Donaho like we do every weekday. We'll talk to you again tomorrow. Definitely see you later, all right, thanks Courtney. Federal immigration rates have continued through the weekend. The latest raid happened at the Santa Fe Springs Swap Meet Saturday, which was hosting a consort. The show was canceled after the raid that started about three point thirty and lasted for an hour. Not immediately clear how many people were detained. Several people have been injured when a car plowed into the crowd at the No Kings protest in Englewood. At least two teenagers are among those who got hurt. At about ten twenty on Saturday night. How to Train Your Dragon has some real teeth. At the box office, the live action Dragon movie featuring Toothless to the Dragon earned over eighty three million dollars in its first weekend in theaters.
Speaker 5: We're just minutes away from Handle.
Speaker 1: On the news this morning, there was talk about taking out the Ayatola in Iran. Apparently President Trump was against that. Okay, we have we're telling you that there are all these things that you used to have in your kitchen that have just sort of slowly gone away. And a BuzzFeed put out a list of fifty things and put pictures up of these fifty different things that everybody used to have that nobody has now and so we thought it was so fun. I posted the link to the list on my Instagram at Amy K King. If you want to check out the full list and check out all the pictures. Here are a few of them. And again some of these are pretty visual, so like you'll see it and go, oh my god, we had that. So one of The first things is the retro dining set remembered had like a shiny, bright colored top. This one's yellow, and then matching vinyl chairs, Like everybody I know had that as a kid and nobody has it anymore. And then the next is the round or oval oak table that had the matching windsor chairs. I think my friend Debbie still has it, but she's like the only one I know who still has that set. But everybody had it. One of my best friends had it until I don't know about two years ago. Saloon doors in the kitchen. Oh no, we had saloon doors in the kitchen.
Speaker 5: Did you have those?
Speaker 2: Well no, but I saw them everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had those. The fridge that refuses to die. You know how refrigerators just last for like five years now. My mom still has of a refrigerator that I think she's had for about forty years.
Speaker 5: It's out in the garage.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's so she's got a newer like a side by side and all that stuff, but the one that's out in the garage still still working. And then there's the vintage Tupperware bowl. It's a big yellow bowl. Oh yeah, and we used it for everything. I'm going and I saw it. I went, oh my god, we had that and it's listed as a foot bath, meat defrostrate, puke bucket, bucket, potato salad, and popcorn bowl.
Speaker 5: And I think we did use it for all those things. Yellow ones, pink ones, and blue ones. Yeah, remember that, the tupperware bowls.
Speaker 1: And then the other another one is the corn holders. Those you still have those, the little yellow ones see mine are? They're not the little yellow that look like a piece of corn anymore. I have like other little designer ones or something, but that they're like the little corn skewers to help you eat your corn on the cop food coloring. Everybody had the four colors, the green, yellow, red, and blue food coloring. I don't have food color anymore. And then remember when you used to make your own popsicles, like when we actually my mom used to make the she'd make them out of fruit juice, so they were actually good for you, but they were like the tupperware popsicle holders. Yeah, I'm like I should get some of those.
Speaker 5: That was really good. They were like healthy and everything.
Speaker 1: And then the thing that everybody came out once a year was the electric knife. It's the only time we ever used it was when Dad cut the turkey on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Everybody had it.
Speaker 1: And then the step stool that's also the chair, and you like pull the little step stool out and it's like a vinyl topped chair.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: The oosterizer ostereizer blender classic classic blender, Yeah, with like fifty different settings. And then I love this too, an entire shelf literally built just for the phone book. Like you had a little like a little cutout in the wall for the phone book. And then the other thing that mounted on the wall was an old crank can opener. Yeah, yeah, I think we had those. It was in our pantry, but we had one. Of course, the phone on the wall, the phone book with all the numbers listed, which nobody has anymore. There's the popcorn popper, well, the popcorn popper, yeah, the popcorn popper. My little baby brother. So you put the you'd put the oil in the bottom, and then you put the plastic top on and then you'd flip it over and then you'd eat the popcorn out of the bowl. So my little baby brother, when he was like two, reached up and into that and put his hand in the hot boiling pouch oil. Yeah, he had like second third degree burns.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Let's see the Oh, here's one, the Tupperware Salt and pepper. They're white and have of the S and the P like everybody I know had those. And then the General Foods International Coffees cappuccino, which was a big treat. Anyway, that's what the list is, and it's it. That's just that's not even half of it. Ooh air pop popper, popcorn popper. So the whole list with all the pictures again is up on my Instagram at Amy Kking and we also put it up on the story on at KFI AM six forty. Kind of stepping back in the wayback machine. It's always fun to take a look at it and you're like, oh yeah, oh yeah, so it's it's an aha kind of thing. Okay, let's get back to some more of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. LA Fire has lifted the final evacuation order in Pacific Palisades. Heather Brooker says all traffic restrictions were lifted yesterday as well.
Speaker 6: The EPA had delayed access due to air and soil concerns, but many residents had already returned. The fire burned over twenty three thousand acres, destroyed sixty eight hundred structures, and killed twelve people. The Getty Villa is also set to reopen June twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: Authorities are reminding everyone to be careful around remaining debris and to follow safety guidelines.
Speaker 5: The man accused of shooting.
Speaker 1: Two lawmakers in their homes in Minnesota, killing one of them, has been caught.
Speaker 9: After two day manhunt two sleepless nights, law enforcement have apprehended Vance Bolter.
Speaker 1: Minnesota Governor Tim Walls announced the arrest last night.
Speaker 9: Multiple agencies were there as FBI laid hands on it and Minnesota State Patrol with the handcuffs on.
Speaker 1: Bolter allegedly dressed as a police officer and disguised himself with a latex mask when he killed former Democratic House Speaker Melissa Hortman and her husband. On Saturday, Senator John Hoffman and his wife, a Vette were shot at their home several miles away. Hoffman needed surgery, his wife is said to be healing. Senate Minority leader Chuck Schumer is calling for better security for lawmakers. He says the shootings in Minnesota are part of a troubling pattern of political violence in the US.
Speaker 3: Were not enemies. We may have different views, but we're all Americans.
Speaker 8: We may disagree on policy, but we must never disagree on the value of human life.
Speaker 1: He says, a violence threatens the very foundation of the republic. A popular online singer has defied the Dodgers and sang the national anthem in Spanish before Saturday night's game.
Speaker 2: Vanessa Hernandez performs under the name Nesa. She was invited to seeing the national anthem at a Dodgers game over the weekend and made an executive decision. She's saying the Spanish language version, even though she says the Dodgers asked her not to.
Speaker 5: I just felt like I needed to do it. Bomby head then.
Speaker 2: Nesa says she was motivated to sing in Spanish for her people as immigration enforcement and demonstrations continue across Los Angeles. Michael Monks KFI News.
Speaker 1: And just like that, our time with wakeup call this Monday morning is through. We've got handle on the news coming up next. I also want to remind you congratulations to Mary Lynn who won the four pack of tickets to either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure Park for their seventieth celebration, and remind you to join us for Wakeup Call tomorrow morning. Colonel Hay, the NASA astronaut and Space Force Guardian, is back from space after six months on the International Space Station, and now that he's got his feet planted firmly on the ground, he's coming here. He's going to visit us live in studio on wake Up Call tomorrow morning. Again, that's five to six am. Please plan to join us market on your calendar, set your alarm. You don't want to miss this one. This is KFI and KOSTHD to Los Angeles, Orange County, live from the KFI twenty four hour newsroom.
Speaker 5: I'm Amy King.
Speaker 1: This has been your wake up call, and if you missed any wake up Call, you can listen anytime on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to wake Up Call with me, Amy King. You can always hear wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI AM six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.