Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz, Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you. Yeah, right in the quizzer.
Speaker 2: I'm Annie Flora, I'm David Flora.
Speaker 1: And we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are miles in a marathon.
Speaker 3: It's very close to the number.
Speaker 1: It is very close. That might be the most accurate thing we've ever said, but I mean it's still not accurate. And I should say thing we've said at the beginning of a show. Not that we do fact check the questions and answers.
Speaker 3: Try your best. Sometimes we just get it in our minds that she bangs is the answer to any question.
Speaker 1: That was all me. I was just like, oh, Ricky Martin, she bangs, even though that live in Levina Loca is more popular truth. So, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We wanted she bangs to be correct.
Speaker 1: I know I always do. I want that to be the answer to everything. Forty two and she bangs. That's all you need.
Speaker 3: Thanks to everyone who's been coming out to our live Trivia. It's been going great. We have loved having you guys there and hope to see you continue to come to those Right now, we are every Thursday at the Elmont Resort, at least for the month of October. We'll see how November shakes out. But if you're interested in the zoom trivia that's happening this Saturday as of recording October eighteenth, noon, Mountain Time. If you would like a link to that, just get in touch with us and we'll shoot it on over to you.
Speaker 1: Keep you.
Speaker 3: I think that's going to do it for us for b business, so here as hell the show works. Whiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, will ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one. Question one. The category is food and Drink. Vodka, coffee, flavored liqueur, and heavy cream are the ingredients for what cocktail? Question two? Category Science? What is the term for the redirection of a wave such as light or sound as it passes from one medium to another? Question three? Category Games and Hobbies. The diachromatic game known as draft in many parts of the world, is known as what in the US. Question four category space. This one comes from listener Bobby. Thank you, Bobby, Thank you, Bobby. Which NASA space shuttle was the last in operation? And now the answers to round one? Question one? Vodka, coffee flavored liqueur and hivy cream are the ingredients for what cocktail? A white Russian man?
Speaker 1: Did I was that your big Lebowski impression?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Not full on the dude? Did you abide?
Speaker 3: That's like your opinion man? Question two? What's the term for the redirection of a wave such as lighter sound as it passes from one medium to another refraction? Question three? The die chromatic game, known as draft in many parts of the world, is known as what in the US. The two colors in the dichromatic game are red and black. It's checkers. Question four. Which NASA Space shuttle was the last in Operation Atlantis? It embarked on its thirty third and final mission, Also the final mission of a space shuttle STS one thirty five on July eighth, twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Round to question five. The category is history. In which century did Britain colonize Australia. Question six, The category is theater. Which musical is based on the character Teva the dairy Man? Question seven? The category is society and culture. Chen Tao, the cult founder, predicted that who would appear on TV on a specific day? Question eight? The category is geography known for its cryptozoological resident What landmark forms part of the Caledonian Canal? And now? The answer is a round two. Question five? In which century did Britain colonize Australia? The eighteenth century? The first fleet of British ships arrived at Botany Bay in January seventeen eighty eight. Question six? Which musical is based on the character Heavia the dairy Man Fiddler on the Roof?
Speaker 3: And that led to a different musical and off Broadway musical called Teva and his Seven Daughters? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Any correct? And when they made Fiddler on the Roof it became the first commercially successful English language stage production about Jewish life in Eastern Europe. Question seven. Chen Tao predicted that who would appear on TV on a specific day? God So chen Tao, also known as God's Salvation Church, was a Ufo religion that originated in Taiwan. In nineteen ninety six, Chen predicted that God would announce his plans and materialize on Earth in human form recognizable to Chen on March thirty first, nineteen ninety eight. Question eight, known for its crypto zoological resident What landmark forms part of the Caledonian Canal? Luckness? That's where ness he lives.
Speaker 3: I think it's funny that a lake is a landmark, but it is. That's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is sports. I have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following name the top seven Premier League clubs by number of total wins, not just championships total wins. Your time starts now.
Speaker 1: And that's time. The top seven Premier League clubs are Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City and Everton.
Speaker 3: Round three. Question nine. The category is music. How many black keys are on a standard piano? Question ten? Category opera. Loewengrin, the son of Percival and Arthurian legend, was the titular character of an opera by what German composer eleven, Category tasty lick. This one comes to us from listener may thank you, May thank you. May Tasty lick is a before and after involving a food and a musician or band. For example, if I said this chocolate confection, we'll have you living on a prayer, the answer would be bon bon jovi. Here we go to this man, ain't no mountain high enough to keep him from this emulsion of garlic and olive oil that is a substitute for mayonnaise in Mediterranean cuisines. Question twelve, category Pop Culture. Maria Corina Machado is the latest person to win WHAT award, and now they answers to round three. Question nine, how many black keys are on a standard piano? There are fifty two white keys, so it means there are thirty six black keys.
Speaker 2: Eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Total.
Speaker 3: Question ten Loewengrin, the son of Perceval and Arthurian legend, was the titular character of an opera by what German composer Richard Wagner is part of the Night of the Swan legend. Question eleven. To this man, Ain't no mountain high enough to keep him from this emulsion of garlic and olive oil that is a substitute for mayonnaise and Mediterranean cuisines that is Marvin Gaoli.
Speaker 2: Fantastic may Question twelve.
Speaker 3: Maria Coriina Machado is the latest person to win what award the Nobel Peace Prize?
Speaker 1: Round four Question thirteen. The category is literature. Mark Twain published the Memoirs of Which US President, resulting in the largest royalty check a widowed first lady had ever received. Question fourteen. The category is food and drink. Maribo, donbu and ezram are types of Danish what. Question fifteen The category is sports. This question comes from Major Dad.
Speaker 2: Thank you Major.
Speaker 1: How many times have two teams faced each other in the World Series with both teams never having won a previous championship? Question sixteen. The category is film. Who portrayed Lois Lane in the twenty sixteen film Batman Versus Superman? And now the answer is to round four Question thirteen. Mark Twain published a Memoirs of Which US President Ulysses s Grant, So it was a runaway hit in Ulysses s Grant finished it just before he died. Mark Twain was very impressed by him because he was clearly dying and he was just determined to finish his memoir first, and then his widow got the biggest royalty check ever at that time. Question fourteen Maribo, don bu and ezram are types of Danish What Jesus? Question fifteen How many times have two teams faced each other in the World Series with both teams never having won a previous championship? Seven And if the Dodgers could start playing well, then we could maybe make it eight.
Speaker 3: The one team nobody wants to win it is probably gonna win it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sorry, if there's Dodger fans listening, we just like underdogs. Question sixteen. Who portrayed Lois Lane in the twenty sixteen film Batman Versus Superman? Amy Adams.
Speaker 3: That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Transportation and Curiosities, and this question is brought to you by listener Patrick.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Patrick, Thank you Patrick.
Speaker 3: We're gonna ask you three questions, the answers of which are all clues to the final question. Keep in mind the three clue questions may not be from the same category as the final question.
Speaker 1: One When someone wants to play golf, they might say, let's hit the what?
Speaker 3: Question two? What six letter B word is a colloquial term for an excellent song that is good for dancing to?
Speaker 1: Question three? What first name is shared by famous figures with the last names Zappa, Lengela and Capra?
Speaker 3: And your Big Bang question getting the categories transportation and curiosities. Made by the German car manufacturer Volkswagen since nineteen seventy three, What is Volkswagen original part number one nine nine three nine eight five zero zero A?
Speaker 1: And now the answers to the Big Bang round? Question one? When someone wants to play golf, they might say, let's hit the what links?
Speaker 3: Let's hit the ball? Question two? What six letter B word is a colloquial term for an excellent song that is good for dancing to? That's a banger?
Speaker 1: Yeah it is?
Speaker 2: Question three?
Speaker 1: What first name is shared by famous figures with the last names Zappa, Lingela and Capra?
Speaker 3: Frank And finally, made by the German car manufacturer of Volkswagen since nineteen seventy three, what is Volkswagen original Park number one nine nine three nine eight five zero zero A? The same thing that bangers? Links? And franks are sausage, so we we could also accept currywurst or backwurst. But this is a sausage that's made at the plant. It's been made since nineteen seventy three for the workers there, and then people liked it so much that they decided to sell it outside the plant. I guess, just to my understanding.
Speaker 1: I thought they like called one of the parts in the car.
Speaker 3: The manual stick for shifting gears the sausage part. Now, this is an actual food item and it's popular, I think from my understanding of reading it, that's a fun one that you know, you could go into a little detail about if you looked it up. But yeah, apparently the part number ascribed to it was kind of a tongue in cheek.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's always fun when the corporation has a little sense of humor that somebody in there got to have a little fun. That's fun. So it's like the Ikea meatball, but it's a sausage and it has a part.
Speaker 3: Number, I guess. So I don't know if Ikea made meat balls for its employees first.
Speaker 1: Or not, but yeah, I don't know the history of the Ikea meatball. Something to look up.
Speaker 3: Never had one.
Speaker 1: No, we tried one, so they were out.
Speaker 3: We were too late. Ikea, ikea.
Speaker 1: I guess it gives us something to look forward to in life.
Speaker 3: That's right. Any way to stay positive, I'll join you. It's hard. I hope see you guys this weekend on the eighteenth for Zoom Trivia noon Mountain Time on Saturday. Otherwise, if you like what we do and want to support, consider becoming a patron at Patreon dot com slash quiz bang or buy us a coffee ko dash Fi dot com slash quizbangpod. And that'll do it for this episode of quiz Quizbang Bang.
Speaker 1: I've ben David Flora, I've been Flora.
Speaker 3: He is looking at you please.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a that's a rookie cult mistake there. Don't don't promise specific dates because then the date will come and go. And you know, I should give like cult lessons one on one, how to form a cult without really trying, and Flora cult consultant a consultant. I'm going to make business.
Speaker 3: Cards forget that makes sure it's.
Speaker 1: So. Yeah. The Caledonian Canal connects the Scottish East coast at Inverness with the west coast at Corpach near Fort William in Scotland. Only one third of the entire length is man made, the rest being made up of locks.
Speaker 3: During COVID all those places were on lockdown.