Speaker 1: Those boys are going back out on tour this year.
Speaker 2: That's ac DC Malcolm Young's birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh how old would he have been?
Speaker 3: Isn't he still alive?
Speaker 1: No, Malcolm Young passed away.
Speaker 2: He would have been seventy one.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have He had to mention they're gonna tour again. You're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're touring. There's two dates that I'm looking at for a C d C.
Speaker 4: One is Nashville because it's the closest, and two would be Dallas at and T Stadium just because it's huge.
Speaker 1: That thing is.
Speaker 3: You know how much you have to pay to go see Jerryatric Half the guys in the band a C d C.
Speaker 1: Who's like, that's you, that's you. That's what you just sounded like. I'm sorry, I'll pay whatever. I'm sorry, Tam is fair to pay.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry if the truth cuts deep?
Speaker 1: How much did you spend on Catholic education?
Speaker 3: Did you? Did you?
Speaker 2: Which sounds like you got a Catholic education.
Speaker 3: That's what sounds like. Damn right, I do back up, Back up, all right, hang off. One second. Three one one is the number, folks. Three one one is the number. If you're in trouble or do you need to help, try to get help to somebody. You're thinking, Oh, I wonder how our neighbor is doing. Old folks, please help. That's what a community is. Help your older folks, help people that need help. This the weather, it's still snowing. It's gonna stop at some point. They're gonna be able to get some roads done, but then it's gonna freeze again tonight. So there's still twenty five ish thousand people without power. That sucks because it's gonna get cold real quick. It's gonna get down to the teens in the overnight. So please take care of your folks. And then about fifty minutes from now, we will have another press conference from the mayor.
Speaker 2: So who's left in ac DC before we leave that.
Speaker 1: Brian Johnson.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think Phil Rudd's back with them, and you know, hang it.
Speaker 2: And Paul Rudd, I think is playing tambourine.
Speaker 1: It's a great actor.
Speaker 4: I want to piggyback on what Tony was just saying, and then we'll get to this next story.
Speaker 1: Remember, listen, folks, if your.
Speaker 4: Cold, their code, if you've got old people, bring them inside. Okay, you can see them out there and I know this is I know the sidewalks need to be shoveled.
Speaker 1: Just keep an eye on well.
Speaker 3: I will tell you, man, if you don't wearing gloves and you walk out here in between these buildings and just a two blocks, your hands are there's some pain there. Like I'm not a tough guy, but that I'm like, dude, I don't know how these people. I don't know how people stay out, the homeless stay out in this. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: So yesterday I was halfway kidding when I said I haven't changed clothes since Friday. I did momentarily take a shower, put on jeans and a rolling stone sweatshirt to go greet at church. Okay, to open the doors for those that can, but just cleaning off my jeep. I was out there with a broom for I don't know, maybe five minutes. My hands got so cold that they hurt. I had to run back inside.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't know what people do when when they sleep out in this. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, the era of humanoid robots is coming due to AI, and you know, I wonder how long this would take because right now you can talk to a computer with AI and say hey, you know, if someone have a conversation with you.
Speaker 1: There's a professor doctor Ed Kogate.
Speaker 4: He's the professor at Mechanical Engineering at Northwestern University. Cogate says there's a lot of optimism that, thanks to chat GTP level models for robotics that they're going to be upon us soon. He says that humanoid robots could be making their appearance by the end of twenty twenty five in car factories, warehouses, manufacturing facilities, research insitation institutions, and even people's homes. And I'm against I'm against this happening until yesterday, when I was shoveling, must know, I thought, Hey, how cool would it be to have like a chat GDP or chat p T whatever it is robot doing this?
Speaker 3: Did you, uh when when we have the first robot cult were there's a robot? Those the AI?
Speaker 1: What is AI?
Speaker 3: AI scours every It's like every nineteen eighties movie you ever saw, where like it's Skyed. Its scoured the entire information base of the world in every computer to form its opinions. That's what AI does. So you're telling me that they're not going to download a bunch of stuff and then in formuler as in humans are there. They're cult people and there's a robot that's the the leader of it.
Speaker 2: I'm so if you're not nice to your robots are going to get you fired. Start sending your boss.
Speaker 4: I was going, Dave, if I shout out, hey, look I'm against AI, then they're gonna say, oh, are you you're a droidphobe?
Speaker 1: What not? What? Well?
Speaker 3: They will do that to anything, So I don't know, but I wanted to say, oh, shut up, and then I went, oh, no, I can said that.
Speaker 1: You sound like aroid. Thank you.
Speaker 3: But did you see the church in is it in Texas? I saw the story again the other day where the pastor there wanted to see the experiment, so they had an AI Jesus and you could go and talk to the AI Jesus.
Speaker 2: This isn't too blasphemous.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I mean he he did it to get interest in his church, and it certainly did. People came in and and because you had to go to the church, right, you had to go to the church and then talk to the the the AI Jesus right and ask it questions and all that. So it's a lot of people went, wow, pushing it their chief. But then a lot of other people are like, no, it got people interested in the Bible and and talking and and maybe push people into a religion that maybe they didn't before. But they said it was about that. He said, They said, what's the results, He goes about fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you another thing.
Speaker 4: If if by somehow I say, you know what, I hate these AI robots and they call me a droid of phobe or a AI fobe or whatever.
Speaker 1: But let's say I do survive.
Speaker 4: If the robots come and pick at the show, it's really gonna suck because robots never get tired, you know how. You can just wait out the protesters eventually say okay, yeah, defund Wall Street. Uh, they'll get tired and they'll go back to the cushy little basement soon.
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna happen with robots, so just keep going.
Speaker 3: That's not what they're gonna do, Dwight. What's gonna happen is AI is going to go, oh, he doesn't like us, and he's in a position of influence, and then they're gonna connect to your car and they're gonna tell your car Jim, Yes you are Dwight's car. Yeah, turn his brakes off. Oh okay, that's what's gonna happen on what I might not even make.
Speaker 4: I've got a seatpath machine. It might talk to about seatpap machine.
Speaker 3: Kate without the seapap machine.
Speaker 1: My dad. You don't know. The blender and toaster might get involved to come upstairs. You never know.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but again, I don't think the A. I don't think. I don't think A is gonna come out.
Speaker 2: Susan may crimp the line.
Speaker 1: Oh was I standing on that?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Dear Squatchy.
Speaker 2: The first Dear Squatchy of the new year.
Speaker 3: By the way, everybody, thank you for listening. On snow mcgeddon twenty five.
Speaker 2: Jeremy writes in Guys he needs help, he says, Dear Squatchy. For the new year, I want to try to get my girlfriend to take more chances, try new things. Oh boy, We've been together for two years and it's fantastic, but going out to eat has gotten extremely boring for me. She'll only eat things like chicken steak, spaghetti and other things that I feel are generic. I love all kinds of Asian and Latin American foods, but she's scared of them for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: You're in the tool, dude, and won't even try them.
Speaker 2: How can I get her to experiment outside of her comfort zone?
Speaker 1: Just see what you want to eat? Litter, eat whatever she wants to eat. You're the tool.
Speaker 3: I want to call this guy something I can't on.
Speaker 2: The No, take that off ram a diet lecturer.
Speaker 3: No, he's not even doing diet lecturture. He's just like, she's not as as sophisticated as my palate is. So she's like, how much do I want to have children with this person? They're are going to be spaghetti? Eat you please?
Speaker 1: An idiot?
Speaker 3: You don't like her when you admit you you started listing things, I'm like, man, that's a lot of stuff. But he's got to be No, he's not into Indian food or Mediterranean. So and this is his voice, by the way, I was imantaining his voice.
Speaker 2: So millennial male voice.
Speaker 1: Here's how stupid he is.
Speaker 4: So you take her out to eat and you could get off with the bill being fried chicken a plate sajetty, which is probably nothing. You know, he's not smart about it, but you want her to order lobster thermidore or maybe you know a fancy fabroget eggpie.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's too many options these days. You eat what you ate and she gets to eat what she wants. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Come on, you're looking for a reason to break up with her.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Everything was perfect except she wouldn't eat him pannatas and then he's.
Speaker 3: Gonna sit, and then he'll sit twenty five thirty years from now, kids are screaming. His wife is there, and he's gonna flash back and go. I broke up with Shelley because she she wasn't sophisticated of her palate enough.
Speaker 1: What was the thinking? Can I ask you to a question?
Speaker 2: Shelley's a doctor. Now, when you go out.
Speaker 4: To eat, it's just you and your spouse. Sure you sit on the same side of the table, or do you sit opposite of each other?
Speaker 2: Depends on the view at the A lot of times we're across, but if there's a nice outdoor review from the same side of the booth, we'll sit on the same side.
Speaker 3: I don't understand the question because I don't understand the question. Okay, you think you're asking me if i'm some sort of psychopath.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am asking you if you're a psycho path.
Speaker 3: No, I can't talk to her if she's sitting next to me. Plus her elbow be smacking me, and she'll be stealing my food off.
Speaker 1: But almost that's what I'm saying. I'm like, know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Why would you sit by side by side when you can sit across from your spouse.
Speaker 2: If you find yourself in a mountain village and one of the booth seats is looking at the craggly majestic rocky mountains, or you can put your back to it, that's the time when you know what look forward?
Speaker 3: I think I can say. I think I could take a time out and sit in the damn booth for twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Davey me to her, You.
Speaker 3: Know what, Sweedie, I want you to have the view, and I don't want interrupted it all. So I'll sit over here.
Speaker 4: Unless you're gonna sit next to each other and do like a spy, moving and say look forward and don't look at me, and let's talk this way.
Speaker 2: The problem with that theory, Tony is my head.
Speaker 3: Oh. If I sit straight.
Speaker 2: Straight in front of her, nobody can see the mountains.
Speaker 3: Why do I feel? Why do I feel this should be an episode of Law and Order? And you're called to the stands. You're telling me that's that you saw past that skull? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Plus, I don't I think I have a I have a weird thing. It's a lot, you know, to try to relate with Dwight on this a little bit. I can't have. I don't like her. I don't like her reading over my shoulder. Oh if I have my phone open, or I'm reading something in the newspaper, or she's looking at other guys or whatever, but she's when she's reading over my shoulder, like, Hey, what are you doing? I'm just like reading the thing?
Speaker 2: What I'm painting the house?
Speaker 1: What is it like?
Speaker 3: I'm bungee you what?
Speaker 1: Go back to the Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 4: Scene when you see me on my phone and I'm tap tap tapping.
Speaker 1: What do you see me tapping?
Speaker 3: Or don't TV tapping or scrolling?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, movie theaters in twenty twenty four. The big thing. I don't go to the movies. Tony does Dave?
Speaker 1: Do you go? You go to the center for the yard?
Speaker 3: We saw you.
Speaker 2: We do that a lot and once in a while in movie not too often wolvers.
Speaker 4: I remember this being a thing in nineteen seventy six or seven, and when King Kong came out, they had the popcorn regular popcorn, meeting popcorn large popcorn or the King Kong and it came like a giant airplane. Well they're doing that with different buckets for different movies.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Last year you get a Deadpool Wolverine bucket. I remember, oh yeah, yea, yeah, yeah yahyah. Gladiator too had a helmet Gladiator helmet bucket. Nots for Radtu had a coffin bucket. But they're taking up to the next level. Cinema is on January nineteen, it's National Popcorn Day. If you go to a cinemak movie, it's bring your own bucket day.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 4: You can bring your own bucket as long as it's clean and not over four hundred ounces. You'll be able to fill it up with an extra lights extra large size order for only five dollars.
Speaker 3: How big are those splash their home depot buckets?
Speaker 1: Five gallons? But how many houses there in a gallon?
Speaker 2: One and twenty eight?
Speaker 3: The what the bell?
Speaker 1: So that you could almost get a five gallon bucket?
Speaker 4: Should do like a fourth of it what you could get like almost a five gallon bucket, right, a four gallon.
Speaker 3: Bart that's where it's going to go wrong. Somebody, some idiot's going to bring that in there. So the bats should do this, but they also should do it with beer.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, chie cheese, chia cheese. For Monday night football. They used to have I think it was twenty five cent wings or something free sauce. I don't know what it was, but it was bring your own mug and they'll fill it up for two bucks. And a buddy mine had a stin that was actually a ice chest sign and it felt like, I don't know, like eight beers. They filled it up for him. Yes, two bucks.
Speaker 3: The rules.
Speaker 1: That's the rules, baby, that's the rules. Baby.
Speaker 3: All right. Unlimited Landscapes. I know you're looking out there right now, going I don't think so. Unlimited Landscapes dot com. You can check it out. You're at home now, you're head at home, whatever you got to do, or you're stuck at work waiting for other stuff to happen. Go check out how having a pool in the backyard will change your life. Heated pool, Yes, please, they can even put a cover over it. Man, Look as in a one of those ones they have in like Florida where they keeps all the leaves out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: They can do anything they And if you look at your backyard and go, there's no way I and get a pool back there. Yeah they can. Don't worry. They'll get dirt out or in whatever they need to do to make it happen for you. Unlimited Landscapes. I've known the older since I was fifteen years old. He's been doing pools for twenty, landscaping for thirty. He'll take care of you with a new pool in the backyard, landscaping and all of it right Unlimited landscapes dot Com. Check him out now. Back after this on news Radio eight forty whas Abba is it Abba?
Speaker 2: Indeed, sir, we just want Abba Mama Mia over the weekend, so kind of dig in the tunes and I dig it.
Speaker 4: You went to go see mom and me at the Center for the Arts or something.
Speaker 3: Or Becky went.
Speaker 2: We watched the movie over the weekend at my mom and dad's.
Speaker 3: Oh cool. We watched Pizzas.
Speaker 4: We watched Reacher as in Jack Reacher the whole series. Uh, we're on the second series, and man, is it good.
Speaker 3: It is good. Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 4: You know who he reminds me of And I can't get it out of my head because he's a tough guy and I shouldn't think of it. But it reminds me of Puddy from Seinfeld because.
Speaker 1: He talks like this, yeah a little bit. I guess shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 3: He's just director, We'll give you a choice because you my you're in my house, fatso and you're without permission. I love it does stone cold face.
Speaker 1: I grew. I grew with guys like that.
Speaker 3: They just said, look, I'm gonna give you a choice, man, and then you're gonna go to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Well everybody did. It was a good thing.
Speaker 2: I think season three comes out next month.
Speaker 1: I tried season four, right.
Speaker 3: I tried to watch The Gentleman, Ungentlemanly Young Gentleman. He's in that. But it's in it what he it's uh, it's a story. It's a true story about the British special Forces that they get all these guys out of jail and said, look, we need you to go do really bad things to the Nazis. Here's what we want you to do.
Speaker 1: So it looks like that dirty does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically, but it's in real life because at the end they show each character and their picture and how what they did after the war and everything. So but they made it just goofy like I was trying to get through it, but they were. It was just silly, And I was.
Speaker 1: On what platform? What's it called? Any idea?
Speaker 3: Netflix?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I need to learn what Dwight taught me. Hang on, ask me again, Hey, what what platforms are? That's Netflix? Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha Netflix. If you say it quick enough, people believe. Can you get to it here?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: Hear ye? When I hear that, when you hear me say this Southern Comfort hot tub? This, my friends? Whoa is this hot tub? Weather?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is sitting in that one hundred and three or one hundred and four degree water getting your back massage, leg massage while you're enjoying the snow even falling on you.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: When you get out, your body actually retains the heat, so it's not that bad. When you get your Southern cover hot tub. Maybe you're thinking I can't afford a hot tub. Oh contrare bonjour. Yes you can. Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month. Sixty five dollars a month. We've had a Southern covered hot tub as long as we've been married. They make it easy to get a hot tub because they use twelve months same as cash. Make that thing affordable for you and your family. Cethern Cover hots up seventy five oh one, Preston Highway.
Speaker 1: Tell Todd in the Gang.
Speaker 4: We said, hey, uh back in just a couple of minutes. News on the Way, News Radio A forty whas.
Speaker 3: Elton Jonen Let's journey. Oh I'm sorry, I thought was sometimes the pianos sounded.
Speaker 1: Like, well, you got to know your pianist.
Speaker 3: Oh I heard that. Uh So the snow should end here in one to three inches is what we get today. Overnight it's gonna it's gonna drop into the teens for temperature, and that means their roads are gonna if you want, if you need to get around, do it now.
Speaker 4: And then So you you stayed downtown last night, right, yeah you go stay there again today?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm not worried about I could get home, Like if we after the show, I could get home. But I'm worried about uh, seven thirty in the morning, because I'm I'm If I was going to come back down here, I'd leave at seven.
Speaker 4: If I could, I said, up, if i could get out of my damn gate, I've got a jeep wrangler.
Speaker 3: Well that's that's cute or nice.
Speaker 1: No, that's true, that's no a good point. So I'm good point.
Speaker 3: And plus I don't want a white knuckle my right to work. If I could sit and watch more football and order some wings, That's what I'm gonna do. Oh, but understand it is I'd rather be home than in a damn hotel room. I promise you that. But I just don't want to make I don't want the hassle tomorrow. So again one to three today, it'll end, it'll drop into the teens. That's why the mayor will speak here in about twenty minutes. Uh three to one one. If you have someone that's you're concerned about that needs help, let me ask you a question. Yes, why are there warning labels on every product?
Speaker 2: Because someone did it and someone lost a lot of money and lawyers got rich.
Speaker 3: Yep, So this would be that example. So when you ask why does the dryer the hair dryer say don't do this while you're in the bath. You're like, did someone do that? Apparently they did. But North Carolina woman, there's a little warning on the side of super glue don't put in your eyes. Because she put it in her eyes. She thought they were eye drops. Oh my gosh, so she glued her eyes balls shut. Oh. She lives in Concord near Charlotte, North Carolina. She realized she made a mistake when she squirted the glue into her eyes. You think, oh, sealing them shut. Doctors are saying it could take up to seven seven weeks before her eyes will be able to open. And then because I guess you can't use the stuff that you would use to take that stuff off with, like alcohol, rubbing alcohols.
Speaker 2: I thought she put it permanent glue, so it's just gonna naturally start to dissolve and break down seven weeks.
Speaker 3: The daughter posted a viral video in the incident in TikTok. I hope she didn't do this for TikTok.
Speaker 4: I hope she didn't either, But I hope an I drop you put straight on your eyeball.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm confused.
Speaker 3: That Well, this is why you have warning labels on everything. Okay, you can buy it.
Speaker 1: It does if it looks like a viazine container. I don't. I can't remember the last time I saw super.
Speaker 2: That doesn't look You can buy a toaster and it will say do not put in oven right right?
Speaker 3: Who did that? Got a little bit of a list?
Speaker 2: It's BuzzFeed, one of my favorite places to find my lists. Older adults share the not so obvious aspects of aging that no one ever ever warned you about.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, I got a list too. With that ahead, let's hear it.
Speaker 2: That's one I didn't notice because I guess, well, I'm old now. Your doctors are now younger than you.
Speaker 3: That happened while ago for me. Yeah, yeah, and it was, and it was. It was disturbing. It's like, wait a minute, did your mom drive you here?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: But the younger doctors are good. Depending on it, I want an older surgeon a younger doctor.
Speaker 1: M h, that makes sense. The older surgeon's got to shake hands.
Speaker 3: No, dude, No, the best ones are the best. They're like Maverick getting older.
Speaker 2: I'm now the one saying I remember when you were a baby.
Speaker 3: Uh I I got this A long time ago. I grew up listening to you. Oh yeah, yeah, thank you. My childhood would have been the same, not listening to the other radio. Thank you. That's nice.
Speaker 2: Now that's something you say to Terry Miners, not us, not us, damn it. That's right, we're so much younger. I get excited at the thought of staying in on Friday nights and sleeping in until nine question.
Speaker 1: Oh me too.
Speaker 3: I mean, the best words you can hear is when you're you're watching your wife. She's on her and she's shaking her head, she's on the phone, and then she hangs out up and I'm like, what parties canceled?
Speaker 2: Yes, Rewatching a certain movie regularly throughout your life, the actors go from looking old to looking not so old to looking young.
Speaker 4: Okay, so so okay, So that's different with me because I'll see Eric Extrada on chips or whatnot, and he still looks older than me for some reason.
Speaker 1: But then we're watching something okay.
Speaker 4: For example, Jack reads your season two the bad guy is the terminator, the liquid terminator, and it's weird me seeing him that old. I thought about that last night.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, yeah, that's season two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm like, I'm like, man, it's wild that he looks that old. Thank god I haven't changed the bit.
Speaker 2: There is a picture that went out years ago about the Cheers cast. Yeah, yeah, you remember watching Cheers when you were younger.
Speaker 3: So to you they old Ron.
Speaker 2: You're like, he's twenty eight. There, he's twenty nine, she's thirty one. It's like, what it looks like they're fifty. That's not the way you think. You know you're old when you watch in movies and now you relate and or defend the bad guy in the movie. They're like, well, those parents were right, you were a little craphead. They're trying to watch out for you and make it would do what's best for you. But you just have to go dance with the with the with the breakdancers to build the community center.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're not. You're not gonna go study dance in Paris, Paris, France. You're gonna stay here in the ghetto and open a community center. What are you doing? No, go to Paris, chase your dreams, open the community center later.
Speaker 1: They don't need you.
Speaker 2: Getting older. When you have to scroll an insultingly large amount of time to find your birth year on an online My god, oh forever.
Speaker 1: Ever, it's forever.
Speaker 3: Just let me punch it in. Why do you make me go?
Speaker 4: It's like spinning the big wheel on the price is right to get to nineteen sixty eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Ten pm is not a let's go out time anymore. No, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Look my kids. They go out at ten, they go out eleven, they go out at midnight. It's just they're nocturnal. They're like vampires. I'm just like ten o'clock. I'm like, I've steal Dwight's in line. What are you, Paris Hilton? I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I stayed up in my own home drinking the quila and listening to music on New Year's Even till almost I saw two ams who knows what it.
Speaker 3: Was seven thirty next day killed me. Tony Cruz went, John Alden left. I'm standing there with Shannon the dude, and I said I'm done. He was like, what, he goes, Let's go over to steal Back bar and drink. I was like, I'm going to my room.
Speaker 1: It's the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: It was seven fifteen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I said, I'm out.
Speaker 3: I'm going to my room. All right, I'll see you later.
Speaker 2: This one I think affects all of us when people under twenty five now look like children rather than adults.
Speaker 3: Yes, especially when you turn on the news and the and the people, the reporters. You're like, that's a baby, that's a child.
Speaker 2: It looks like a high school mass media class.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: First time that ever affected me is when you and I were doing rock radio, Tony, and we would broadcast from the games at U of L football and the cheerleaders would come out, and the cheerleaders look like kids.
Speaker 1: And that's the first time.
Speaker 4: It hit me and like, oh my gosh, not all of them did with me, not all of them.
Speaker 2: I'm forty in a couple of days and I just said out loud to another human being, I don't like driving at night anymore. My vision feels fuzzy.
Speaker 1: Totally walked up on a conversation and couldn't believe her. Somewhere.
Speaker 3: I do believe it was Dwight. It was before the band started, so you can hear everyone's conversation, and and Dwight was just like, no, no, no, I mean driving at night. I just don't want to do it anymore. Just don't want to do it, and it was.
Speaker 4: It was the second part of a conversation. I started off with my medication yes, and then after I ended that sentence, I said, now I give you one better. I'm no longer a fan of driving them at night, I tell you, and I.
Speaker 3: Gotta tell you, and you know, make it worse. If it's raining and it's at night and you don't know the roads that you're on, You're like, there's a little level of panic, like what when did I become such a wooz? I'm just like, oh my god, where am I going? Where can I see this? I don't really can't see where the road's going. It's weird.
Speaker 2: And every headlight coming at you seems like the bright shyes turning brights off. Good jerkyan turkey along those lines. Everything ticks me off when you get older.
Speaker 3: I the sound of my.
Speaker 2: Neighbor's leaf blower feels like a personal attack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: We have a woman in our neighborhood somewhere behind us and that electric blower. Those are noisy.
Speaker 3: It'll go for an hour. It's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: You could pick up individually each leave faster than what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I know, I hate that. Well again, I can't wait to get to the point of giving up. Like if you see people like I always make fun of people that are not dressed well or go hey, listen and gentlemen, this is what giving up looks like. I want to get to that point to where nothing bothers me because I'm like, I don't care exactly, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I threw out my shoulder brushing my teeth a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can't sleep wrong. M okay, when you slept wrong when you were young, you just got up and you're like, oh, I'm a little weird there. When you sleep wrong in your fifties, your shoulder bothers you for days, Yes, for days, for days.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to bring a band on at the Mercury Ballroom and it was like six years ago.
Speaker 1: I was getting ready.
Speaker 4: The last thing I was doing was putting my boots on, and I tweaked my back so bad I couldn't walk.
Speaker 1: I had to call them and say, I can't I got injured. I can't. Well, then, what happened? What happened.
Speaker 3: Standing there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a non contact injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, have you seen those poor people? Where the back gives out. They're like brushing their teeth and the bat just gives out and they're like bang. They bang their foreheads on the sink. Somebody we work with had back surgery. I asked him what happened. He said, I was picking up a towel. Yes, yeah, picking up a towel.
Speaker 1: That's why you leave them on the bathroom floor.
Speaker 3: There you go, getting older.
Speaker 2: When I started hearing snap, crackle pop in the morning before I had breakfast.
Speaker 1: Getting out of bed.
Speaker 3: The joints and your knee and joint, your shoulder, your your body joints. Not a marijuana cigarette, your funny cigarette.
Speaker 1: Something smells skucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet I know what it is.
Speaker 2: Along those lines. I used to have a flask weed pipe, pack of smokes and a can of chew in my center console. Now it's an acids asper and I'd be a profen and baby wives.
Speaker 3: I used to tell people. Now, you know, when the smoking was big, I had the I had a pack of cigarettes in every jacket. So if I didn't, oh yeah, if I didn't have a packet, just look at a different pocket. There'd be one with like three cigarettes in it. And now I have instead of reader. I have readers instead of cigarette. So there's glasses in these park, you know. And if I can't find them, I'll go to the closet and reach into my coat pocket and I go, oh, there's bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 2: Choosing which shoe to wear by which one's easiest to put on?
Speaker 3: Yoh, yeah, am man, I'm not dealing with that really cool looking leather beat up boot. And you can lace it up and you look like the cool guy. But I'm like, no, it's too much, too much, we can slip on getting older.
Speaker 4: Peeing at three am ah, that's where the pe tumbler comes in.
Speaker 3: If if you can pee if oh yeah, if okay, you feel like you should and you get up there and stand over the toilet, but then your body go your prosta eCos. Just kidding, And I have no idea what the heck new music is? Uh yeah, this synthetic or syn synthesized, not synthetic but synthesized electronic computer music. And it's already coming back. John's all their friends they buy, they buy all the old stuff. This new crap.
Speaker 2: They're gonna discover all the stuff we always listen to.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. Yeah, all right, do we have another one.
Speaker 3: Before you go? We're good. We're gonna take a break and come back and wrap it up. News Radio eight forty whs the Mayor in ten minutes sit time.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah is Radio eight forty w h A S. Dwight Whitten, Dave Jennings. That's Frank.
Speaker 1: Let it's know.
Speaker 4: Let's well, I guess I'm gonna go out and continue to try to get my gate open.
Speaker 3: Here's what you do.
Speaker 2: You get an extension cord and a hair dryer.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I'm gonna do. That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Man won't be like lethal heat, but it should warm it up and assuming it's not broken, of course.
Speaker 4: No it's it's not broken, it's just frozen. But I've tried out rubbing alcohol the entire bit. I started to talk about the light up a torch and torching it, but I want to prove the hydraulics.
Speaker 3: Do that? Get some d icer?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: The Mayor will be up to address the city yet again at noon. Join us tomorrow. Hopefully all three of us will be in studio tomorrow. I know Tony will be staying downtown, so until Manana on behalf of Dave Jennings, Tony Venedi's Dwight whitting and saying have a safe Monday morning.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you tomorrow. The Mayor's up next q qmmth w h A s