Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on.
Speaker 3: JRR Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Coffin and land Entry Attorneys. What's happened, Bulldog?
Speaker 2: What's happening? All good things must come to an end, And last night the Magic six game winning streak came to an end. In LA. They lose to the Clippers one to oh four to ninety three, top two rebounding teams in the league, or two of the top two rebounding teams in the league. But last night the Clippers just out worked the Magic on the board. Twenty five more rebounds for the Clippers, fifteen offensive rebounds for LA as well, And that was the difference in the game. If you ask me so, it was very unmagic like game last night. The Clippers scorched the Magic hit. They hit eleven of twenty two to three pointers fifty percent. The Magic obviously one of the great defenses in the league, and they could not stop the Clippers last night.
Speaker 1: You say say something, yeah, you say it's so somber like, Oh, good things come to an end. The fact that they ran six games without Pollo I mean for the Franz go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Fronz done last night, only fourteen eight, But.
Speaker 1: The Franz and the whole team to carry it that long. I think that's it's very admirable and we're going to have a hell of a team this year.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 3: Hey did you hey, did you see the actual commissioner of the NBA try to explain away the dismal television ratings thus far.
Speaker 2: What Lebron spoke last night?
Speaker 3: No, no, the actual commissioner the show, no fact, the fact that commission on paper Commissioner.
Speaker 2: Adam Silver, what did he say?
Speaker 3: He He tried to blame the drastic decline in ratings for the first part of the NBA season on the World Series and the election.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't love about that. I don't know. I didn't even know that the ratings are the ratings down drastically, Yes they are.
Speaker 3: They look look that story up and uh part, I think Shack even comments like the Shack blamed it on all the teams shooting these three pointers and making the game boring.
Speaker 2: Well, you might also blame it on the fact that, like the stars, some of the star players haven't even played yet, Like the Clippers. Kawhi Leonard hasn't even played yet yet this season. Joel Embiid He's barely played, so some of the star players. Again, the whole load management thing. I think fans are getting tired of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, there you go, there you go. I thought it was interesting. Hey, and other basketball news, How about Gino last night Connecticut?
Speaker 2: Gino Oriema is now the all time winningest basketball coach of men or women in history. He got his twelve seventeenth win last night. That's the most in NC double A history. He broke the record of the great Stanford coach Tara van Derveer. She had uh, well she had one less. So yeah, he breaks the record. So is he the greatest basketball coach of all time? I don't know. He's won eleven national titles, been the twenty three final fours, fifteen final fours in the past sixteen years, six undefeated seasons, separate win streaks during his career. He's had a ninety eight game winning streak in one hundred and eleven game winning streak.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know he should be the one using the phrase I just win. Look it up.
Speaker 1: Google BA right when you say the winning this coach or basketball coach.
Speaker 3: You mean of college not NCUBA basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any level nc double A men or women. He's the has the most victories of anybody. I don't know if he's the greatest college basketball coach because there hasn't been as much parody in women's basketball quite frankly, as there is a men's basketball. Now it's starting to become more more equal in women's basketball, but for the longest time, there were only a few programs that took women's basketball seriously. Not to you know, demean anything Gino's done, but I would still put like coach k John Wooden, guys like that above him as the greatest basketball coach of all time because I think there's more parody in men's basketball.
Speaker 1: I think Dolby and he was pretty awesome kicking ass, no question.
Speaker 2: He's been unbelievable. Did you see who's retiring from college football? Jim mcelwayne, former Gator coach. He's now at Central Michigan. He announced he's retiring from football after forty years. All right, I have a question for you guys.
Speaker 3: No, he's not gonna go work full time on a charter fishing boat.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to ask you, guys, what is he gonna be? Is he gonna be most remembered for the naked guy in the shark photo? That really wasn't him?
Speaker 3: Seriously, Well you could argue that for sure.
Speaker 2: It must be because you brought it up first.
Speaker 3: That's what popped the mind first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, will that be a will that be in his old bit always stop headstone on his headstone, not the shark guy. I was not the shark man.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So anyway, you see fn Ow's yesterday, they're bringing all of their quote unquote nil funding in a house. In other words, they're dissolving their nil collective. They're bringing all the fundraising to pay players in the house. That's part of the NCAA settlement. I think you're gonna see all schools do this because quite frankly, hey, the schools are gonna have to start paying players out of their own pockets now. So they want the fans to just contribute right to the athletic department and they'll dole out the money as they.
Speaker 3: See that ought to eliminate all the side deals.
Speaker 2: Right right, I'm reading all of these stories and they keep saying they're bringing the name, image and likeness program in the house. I'm like, can we stop calling it name, image and likeness and just call it what it is, Pyro salary apartment. Yeah. Yeah, we're bringing the payroll department in the house. Yeah, wild wild West. By the way, you just mentioned the NBA commissioner, the real NBA commissioner, lebron James. He announced yesterday that he's getting off of social media for a while because of all the negativity. I guess he's been reading all the social media posts about Bronnie his son.
Speaker 3: Hey, we had a little Thursday night football action tonight the Steelers visit to Cleveland. Will be a pregame in dog At It Froggers in Ovido if you want to pop over for a cold one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, depending on the weather tonight. A little fantasy football tip for anybody out there. If your if your quarterback's on by, you might want to pick up famous Jameis Winston. The guy throws the ball a lot and he throws it down the field. He said. Depending on the weather though, right, Yeah, I think they might have some weather tonight in Cleveland, Cleveland or Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: It's in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that Pittsburgh's kicker, it does a repeat of last week.
Speaker 2: Here's six field goals that won you the game.
Speaker 1: Last Yes, sir, finally I got out of the trenches of eight or nine losses in a row.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: He is Mike the Bulldog byankey host of Open Mic on AM seven forty ninety six ninety game weekday mornings on IT, Jason Dutton. He takes a few minutes out of his show each morning to provide the sports page here on JRR, brought you by Kaufman and Land.
Speaker 2: Listen to under Oath with Attorney Jeff copp and every Saturday morning seven thirty am on FM ninety six nine. In the game. You can catch extended versions of Under Oath on your favorite street I mean
Speaker 1: Platform, oh oh from the Bogan Munds and mus station is w j r R