Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one w JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: All right, rock News has brought you by our Tuesday ticket takeover at one oh one one WJR Instagram. Three eleven tickets this week Taco.
Speaker 3: Multiple pair of those tickets given away. So if you're not following us on Instagram, like Pat said at one oh one one WJRR, we give away prizes on there all the time.
Speaker 2: I think this is a bit of a surprise. We're going to take a look at how the fan vote is going so far for the fourteen artists nominated for consideration to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame later this year.
Speaker 3: You said one of them is kind of shocking.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's shocking that they're in first place at least, I think. So well, let's go through. I'm going to take you through the top five as it stands about two weeks into the voting. Number five, Cindy Offer, Number four, Bad Company, Number three Sound Garden, who, by the way, have now been nominated for This is their third attempt to get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Number two Billy Idol, who Ozzie campaigned hard to get Billy nominated. It's his first time being nominated. First in leading by a lot. Right now. Fish, the Fish fans have come out in droves to be heard. I maybe we're just stereotyping a little too hard, that they might be in a haze of some sort, but apparently not.
Speaker 3: They put down the ball and got their votes in so Fish way out in front right now. All right, all those bands you just named all deserve it.
Speaker 2: I think this year's crop for consideration all pretty pretty solid. Yeah, I'm not gonna bitch like I usually do. Well, We'll keep checking in with this periodically as the fan vote continues. Phil Collins, who you know retired from performing a while ago due to health issues, apparently is in a bit worse shape than we were led to believe. In fact, in a new interview, he has this elaborate studio at his house, chock full instruments, and the interviewer said, do you ever get in there and do anything? He goes, I'm not hungry for it. Anymore. In fact, he said, I'm very, very sick, and I'm not even physically able to get in there and do what I used to love doing.
Speaker 3: God that stinks. Remember all this stuff he had to go through with his wife too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just a you know, it's been a tough few years and then it all started with like spinal issues and stuff, and he's just he's in constant pain, is what it boils down to Scott Wiland's son Noah. And there's a video of this on the JR Facebook page and the WJR dot com. Scott Wiland's son Noah covers Stone Temple Pilot's Sex Type Thing in honor of his late father, released a stripped back account to cover of STP's debut single, which came out in nineteen ninety three. The video for the cover features while in interacting with a chucky doll and includes captions explaining a dream he had about seeing his father again. If you want to check that out. Black Sabbaths one hundred and seven minute concert film Gathered in Their Masses, which was shot over two nights at the Rod Labor Arena in Melbourne, Australia, back in April of May of twenty thirteen during their thirteen tour that is now available on YouTube for free if you would like to see a live Black Sabbath concert that was the last full tour they did, which you may want to watch that taco Since you fell asleep after the second song back in the bus, I.
Speaker 3: Did not fall asleep after the second song. I went to go check if there were any listeners back at the bus, and I was about five songs deep, and I may have decided to lay my head back for a little bit. Yeah, I fall asleep. But is that on YouTube or YouTube?
Speaker 2: TV? YouTube? Okay YouTube? Pantera announces a summer twenty twenty five tour here in the US, obviously doing some of these shows with Metallica. We got Him, you know in June at Raymond James Stadium, but later this year they will finish their summer tour in Florida in South Florida on September thirteenth at I think Financial Amphitheater down there. I believe yes, West Palm Beach will be the last date for that, So if you want to go see him again later this year, you'll be able to. Classic MTV Unplugged episodes are now available on Paramount Plus. For the first time in twenty plus years, they've opened up the vault of the classic MTV Unplugged episodes. Over fifty episodes of live performances have been added to the streamer, alongside dozens more episodes VH one Storytellers and CMT Crossroads. So yeah, the whole batch is right there. And again a lot of this stuff you haven't been able to even access in almost twenty years, So that's cool. If you got Paramount plush, good stuff, and I saved the best for last.
Speaker 3: He's doing quotes people.
Speaker 2: Billy McFarland sharing details more details of the second fire Festival.
Speaker 3: I saw the head it up on the news today and I just saw it just as it was flashing off.
Speaker 2: The thought was that Firefest two again. Yes, tickets for the show can be yours for the low low cost of anywhere between about one thousand bucks and one point one million dollars. Keep in mind this clown spent four years in prison for the original failed Fire Festival, which was a total disaster which was supposed to take place in the Bahamas but was nothing but a fleece job.
Speaker 3: If you have not seen the Firefest documentary. I think it's Netflix. It's on.
Speaker 2: There's a couple different ones.
Speaker 3: Dude, it was the biggest cluster you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Here's the biggest red flag for Firefest two quote. While no performers have been announced for the festival, McFarlane confirmed that the lineup will consist of artists across electronic, hip hop, pop and rock. However, it's not just music. We might have a professional skateboarder do a demonstration. Woo. We might have an MMA champion teach you techniques in the morning.
Speaker 3: Well, you've thrown a lot of mics out there, Billy.
Speaker 2: Might maybe red flag red flag. Yeah, listen, if you fall for this nonsense, I hate to say you deserve to be.
Speaker 3: Pants, but come on, a couple dumb ones who didn't know about the actual thing. Oh, this is the cool thing to be at. Complete fools.
Speaker 2: So April twenty fifth through twenty eighth, when is this? Uh? Tickets went on sale? This is I'm not even gonna please don't time a day here Firefest too. What did you think you'd learned something spending four years in prison or something like this? There's your rock news for this suite is j R R