Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Doubsy, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, the goal. I'm happy about that, but I'm happy about a lot of things. Working with you, having my program, all my listeners and callers and my guests, I have lots to be happy about. Good evening everyone and welcoming in. And as Nicole indicated, my name's Dan Ray. I'm going to take you on a ride for the next four hours, and we're going to talk to a wide variety of guests at a wide variety of topics. Later this I'll be talking with Pat Boone. Pat Boone, whose voice has been heard across America probably a zillion times. His voice will be with us tonight at about eight forty five. Are also going to talk about an upcoming bio it World twenty twenty five conference showcase, as well as we're going to speak with an author about what it's like to live with four Great Dane dogs. It's so much to drool about. Listens for lessons for living large. A little bit later on to I'm going to talk about imaging. So many young children now are more concerned about their looks and it's very dangerous, and we will talk with a guest who we had on just a couple of weeks ago, Kelly Shoop, who's a licensed pediatric occupational therapist. And then we're going to have Boston Globe tech reporter Hiawatha Braion to tell us everything we need to know about the Yemen the Yemen signal chat story, which at this point seems to be bedeviling the Trump administration. So Rob Brooks is back in the control room. Let us start off with one of my favorite guests. Emily Sweeney, Boston Globe reporter, wrote a great piece yesterday, I think it was yesterday. Theys sometimes do run together later in the week, folks about the unsolved murder of a marine whose story in some part he was involved at least a little bit in the A few good men not clear, but but this individual now is one of the cold case files, a murder victim that Emily brings to our attention, and it's it's a crazy, it's a wild story, the unsolved murder of David V. Cox. Emily, I know you can break this down for us. I loved the piece and the Globe this week. You did your work on it, and hopefully it's maybe gonna get some leads for for the police here and they can bring this case and some closure to the family. How are you.
Speaker 3: Tonight, Emily, Oh excellent, Dan, thank you so much for having me on the show. I'm you know, this is a really important important topic, you know, unsolved murders, and you know this one especially a lot of people. It's interesting, you know, haven't really heard about it. You know, it happened in nineteen ninety four, you know which which is you know, a little ways back. But yeah, local marine David Cox. He grew up in Needham and was living in Natick when he suddenly disappeared one day and it was three months later that you know about that his body was found, uh in kind of a remote area in over in the town of Medfield.
Speaker 2: I know that I know that area very well, Nadick, Medfield. Oh boy, that is lots of woods and I think the area when we talked about it earlier, there's a couple of gun clubs over there. Nothing to do with the murder. But if you were going to uh kill someone with a gun, another extra gunshot might go unnoticed.
Speaker 3: No, no, exactly that that's what investigators thought at the time too, that it must have been somebody who knew the area well to you know, bring David out there, you know, between two gun clubs were you know, might not you know, you know, nobody would hear them, or if they did. You know, it's a very commonplace. So it's a very strange case. And I'm still actually working on it too, because I'm trying to fuck yeah, I'm trying to find So when David was killed, he had applied for a full time job at UPS. He was working pot time at the Somerville facility, and his brother told me that, you know, this is right before he died, that he had seen some sketchy activity happening at this UPS terminal in Somerville. This is nineteen ninety four, and you know, I'm trying to find anybody who worked there around that time, and I'm trying to talk to folks, you know, just to find out, you know, anything I can find out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you worked, or if you have a relative who worked at the UPS facility in Somerville circa nineteen ninety four, Emily Sweeney would love to hear from you. Now. This fellow, while he was in the Marines, was stationed at Guantanamo. He was considered one of the best of the best. I think that's the folks who are down there at Guantanamo. And he was a little peripherally involved in the movie A Few good Men. No connection there, you think you don't think that that there was anything that that bubbled up out of that part of his life that could have followed him back home.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's it's interesting because you know the you know, his experience in the Marines. He was part of this group kind of known as the ten that got caught hazing another marine in Guantarnamo Day. And what happened was, you know, seven of the guys you know, pled out, and David was one of the few to fight it in court, a court martial and you know, tell the Marines that no I was acting on orders to do this hazing. And so that court martial ended up being the basis or the inspiration for A Few Good Men. Names were changed, you know, events were changed in the movie. And in the movie you'll see like you know, this isn't based on any real events, but it is known that Aaron Sorkin's sista was one of the lawyers representing one of the Marines at the time, and he did get a transcript of the court martial, and you know, and then obviously you know, I think that provided the inspiration for a Few Good Men, which is.
Speaker 4: A great movie.
Speaker 3: By the way, it still holds up. I just watched it the other day.
Speaker 2: God handle the truth right.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: You deal with the truth all the time, and you're looking for the truth here, and folks can contact you at the Globe Again, they could very well be people listening in the audience tonight who worked at that facility in Somerville. You said it was the UPS facility in Somerville, yep, which would have been well a little more than thirty years ago at this point. So those many people are there could still be listening and still be alive today, There's no doubt about that. And that love Emily would love you to just give her a call and talk and maybe try to help her out. Is this this case is still it's a cold case, but it's still being worked on, I assume by the state police.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's still under investigation, you know, and anybody with information should you know, contact the Norfolk DA's office and if there's any leads or anything that I can follow up on you know, please contact me because like you said, I'd love to talk to anybody who worked at that UPS facility. And I also want to encourage people. You know, this unsolved murder is one of many that I've working on. And the Cold Case Files is a regular series and we put out a newsletter and if you want to subscribe, you can just go to Globe dot com slash Cold Case Files and they'll be put on my news while the mailing list.
Speaker 2: And there's no cost to that, I will bet you right.
Speaker 3: Right right absolutely free. It's, uh, you know, a way to see the stories that I'm writing and working on and and and hopefully gets some answers for some of these cases. And you know, the poor families.
Speaker 2: Give me that website one more time for people who were reaching for a pen and they didn't.
Speaker 3: Get it, one more time.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's Globe dot com slash Cold Case Files and boom, you can sign up right there, and uh yeah, so I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Sign up tonight. I'm gonna subscribe to Thank you, Dan, So I'm going to but it's free of charge. Emily, best of luck in this. Always great to talk with you and we will hopefully talk maybe sometime soon. Once again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks so much, Dan, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Emily, talk soon. All right, we get back. We're going to talk about an upcoming bio it World twenty twenty five conference showcase. Showcases are technologies poised to accelerate life saving therapies. Cindy crown In crown In Shield is the executive director, and she's going to talk to us and explain what it's all about. It's April second through the fourth, which of course is next week. So if you're interested in this, stick with us. If you're not, stick with us. We're gonna be talking to Pat Boon later on and also talk to an author who wrote a book about living with four Great Danes. And then we'll get to our telephone guests beginning at nine o'clock tonight and our telephone conversations. We'll be back on Nightside. Feel free to join the join us every mondy Thurday night right here on BZ. We're here from eight to midnight, as I say, for your dining and dancing pleasure. We'll be back at Nightside right after this Night Side.
Speaker 1: With Dan Ray, ONELBS, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Who's a big conference coming up in Boston next week April second through the fourth. It's the bio it World twenty twenty five conference. It showcases technologies poised to accelerate life saving therapies with us. Is the executive director of this event, Cindy Crown and Shield. Cindy, that's a long last name. I got three letters. You got me beat by a lot there? If did I pronounce it correctly?
Speaker 1: I hope you're dead?
Speaker 2: All right? Welcome to nightside. How are you this evening?
Speaker 6: I'm doing excellent? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: We're doing great? So tell us about this bio it World conference and expo coming up next week in Boston.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: Who can go? And if they do go, what are they going to learn? And tell us about it? This sounds pretty interesting.
Speaker 6: So it is an interesting conference. It's actually our twenty fourth year that we've been running it, and it's a global gathering where science meets technology to solve some of the toughest challenges in healthcare and accelerate the future of precision medicine. So Boston is known as a hub for biotech and fauma, and you would consider our event as the hub for people who are using artificial intelligence, data advanced computing to drive breakthroughs in areas like als, Alzheimer's and cancer, for example.
Speaker 3: We have a history.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. When you say the twenty fourth have the twenty fourth annual bio it World Conference and Expo. Has it always been in Boston for twenty four years or is this your first time or your second or third time to Boston.
Speaker 6: It's always been in Boston. We launched it right here in two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, okay, tell us about some of the I see a whole bunch of programs here, data management, generative AI, bioformatics, on and on and on, pharmaceuticalceutical, pharmaceutical R and d infumamatics. Who shows up and who could best benefit from this conference?
Speaker 6: Well, that's an interesting question. We have over two eight hundred people from around the world, about thirty countries. We have people who are biotech innovators. We have artificial intelligence experts, arma companies, technology experts, investors. We have companies like the top institutions like Mayo Clinic, Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson, and Vidia, Google. We also have people from Harvard MIT, John Hopkins for example, So about fifty percent of our attendees are from the life science. We have twenty percent from technology and informatics.
Speaker 2: Okay, so is this a conference whereby potential investors can learn about some of the cutting egg, cutting edge technology that is underway. I'm trying to understand it better because this is not my area of expertise. Obviously, people come they want to showcase what they're doing. I get that, But who are they showcasing it to? Are they showcasing it simply to each other or you mentioned investors. Are people coming here and trying to learn what is available? Some people looking for you know, you know, private equity or venture capital money? Tell me about that.
Speaker 6: So we have a venture, Innovation and partner in conference that runs part of BIOT. It's their second year that we've been running it. So we gather people who are senior level investors, corporate execs, entrepreneurs and startups from biotech, BioMed research, drug discovery, healthcare. So it's an opportunity for people to network and collaborate. They talk about investment trends, what are some of the challenges, what are some of the opportunities in BioMed research, drug discovery, healthcare technology. So it's a very important conversation where these executives are looking for ways to invest money, what's the hut, what's the next hot thing, especially around artificial intelligence and generative AI. So it's really important where we bring together the C suite industry stakeholders. We have over two hundred people that come just for this particular part of the program.
Speaker 2: Now, is this something that people in the greater Boston area who might have an interest in this but might not be connected with one of these groups formerly? Is this open to the public or is it invitation only? I see, you know, I see all sorts of it looks to me like different panels, data platforms and storage, infrastructure, AI for oncology, precision medicine, and health. It's a wide variety of subjects. Okay, but is it do you almost have to have been invited? Or can people sign up and just attend if they're so inclined.
Speaker 6: We are accepting registrations for people who are able to join us, and the event really focuses on the science and meeting technology. So people who are working on projects or research that bridges the gaps between science and technology will really benefit from learning about topics and themes that our speakers are covering.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is not something I'm looking at it here. This costs a few dollars to attend, and this is not something that the public here in the Boston area could just drop into. They might not even be eligible. It looks to me, it looks to me like this is almost an invitation only conference. Or am I reading it wrong?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: It's not an invitation only conference. We do have a registration fee for people who want to attend the programming and attend the content, but we also have an exhibit hall of over one hundred and fifty companies, and we have a spellar plinary keynote program that we offer Wednesday Thursday Friday. So if someone is wanting to just come to the event and go to the exhibit hall and the keynotes, they're able to do that. And if they want to upgrade their registration and attend those things plus all the programming that we offer, then they're able to do that at a separate price. So we offer a price point for different sides.
Speaker 2: So let's just give it me straight here. What's the minimum that if someone from Boston is just intrigued by this because obviously we're publicizing the conference. I want you know, what's the minimum cost that would talk it would take someone to participate or to just attend the conference. Is there a minimum that you could cite for me? I'm looking at your website and it's a little confusing to me. I really don't see something where it says, you know, minimum registration. Is there a minimum you could cite or no?
Speaker 6: If so on the website. If our website is bio hyphen it Worldexpo dot com, and we have a registration area. So if someone so up in the tab on the top right, it's register. So if you click on that and then scroll down, it gives you standard registration. So we offer registration for someone who's a student, that's very reasonable and affordable.
Speaker 2: We offer her that's two hundred and ninety nine dollars if you're a doctoral student. I'm just talking about somebody who would like to curiosity go by this. Is there a minimum charge for someone in my audience who's interested, That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 6: There would be a minimum charge, yes, if.
Speaker 2: They wanted, Yeah, and how much is that minimum charge?
Speaker 6: It would be ninety nine dollars?
Speaker 2: Gotcha? Okay, that's simple. I seem like a complicated question. Thank you very much, Cindy. I appreciate the information. It's wonderful to publicize an event, but my audience, if they're intrigued, I want them to know what it would cost for them to get on the MBTA and take a ride by. So now now we know. Thank you very much, Cindy Crown Crown and Shield. She's the executive director of the upcoming bio World twenty twenty five conference showcase technology is poised to accelerate accelerate life saving therapies. Thanks Cindy, I appreciate it. Thank you very much. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, we're going to talk about a new book, so much to drool about, Lessons for Living Large, told from the perspective of an author's for Great Danes. The booksheres inspiring stories and life lessons for people of all ages. That's Barbara Stone and about a forty five. Will be talking with one of America's favorite singers, Pat Boone. Pat Boone, who is trying to do something for Tanzania. Pack on nightside right after the news. By the way, you can pull down the iHeart app pretty easy to pull it down. Just go to your local app store. Look it up the iHeart app New and improved, and you can set your preset number one preset for WBZ Boston so you can listen to us anytime anywhere in the world. My name's Dan Ray. This is the Nightside, coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Cale. We are going to talk about Dawn and whenever we talk about dogs. I'm very happy our guest is Barbara Stone, but I believe she responds to Barb. Barb Stone, Welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 5: How are you well?
Speaker 4: Okay, Stan? Great? Thank you? Yes, it does make you feel happy, don't they.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did did better than people, Barb. I mean, I hate to put it like that, but I mean, given a choice, I know, I know, so anyway that's most people. Let me put it like that. Okay. So you're an author and a leadership development coach. I know what a third base coach is because today's opening day of Major League Baseball, But what's the leadership development coach?
Speaker 4: So you know, when I had had a twenty five year career in manufacturing, and then after that as senior leader, I really wanted to be able to do something, to be able to help people move along themselves, their teams, their company, to really get in the right direction. So I, during my last few years of being in manufacturer, started coaching, got more into the development of people, the training. So what I do now is I work with individuals or I work with teams companies and train the teams on what does leadership really really mean to them and how do they move that forward? And then I work with them individually as a coach, because they can't move the team unless they can move themselves first.
Speaker 2: So I mean, it's interesting. I don't know if you follow hockey, but our beloved Boston Bruins zero to six, maybe we could get you to do some coaching for them. Hey, they've lost it. They've lost their last six games and coming perilously close to the seller in the NHL. So but that's not what you're here to talk about. You're here to talk about your book, which came out I think just recently a few days.
Speaker 4: Ago, right, Yeah, it was just out. It was released on Amazon Kindle version, and it will on the twentieth and it should be in prints the beginning of April.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's talk about it. The book is entitled so much to drool about lessons for Living large, and it's your perspective. You have four Great Danes? Who are your pets?
Speaker 4: Yeah, not all at once. We started with one, and then three years later we had to get a puppy. We rescued our first one, and then when the first one died, we replace that one. So we've always have two because yeah, they're just because they're just amazing beings.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the deal. Okay, I've never had a Great Dane, but I'd love to know. I certainly know what they look like. How much does a Great Dane weigh? Generally? Is there a difference between the male and the female Great Danes? First of all, just to give people a sense if they've never seen one.
Speaker 4: So our our first one, that was she was a smaller Dane and she was probably about one hundred and ten. She was more like, I don't want to say the American Dane, but she was just she wasn't the European Danes. European Danes are heavier boned and much uh just funkier. Okay, they can go up to about one seventy one eighty.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what are the lessons now? Obviously there are lessons that we learned from dogs, but since you're writing about great Danes, I'm assuming there might be some specific lessons that you learned from great Danes that I might not have learned from my favorite dog of all. Well, I have three favorite dogs. Now. Both of my kids have dogs, so I have I'm a grand grand grand dog, grandfather to Mustard the Corgi uh and really the Shorky which is part shit super part Yorkie. Uh. And my dog, which I bought from my daughter, Oh god, it's twenty five years ago now, was a Cavalier King Child Spaniel Nation Charlie. For ten years was my very best friend, my both my best human and canine friend. Yeah, at the same time. So what do you learn from great Danes?
Speaker 4: So we can learn a lot because one of the things I truly truly believe is that they really aren't a dog. They are more beings. And you know, there's a one. It's just coincidental that the same time my book came out, there is a movie called The Friend, which starts stars Naomi Watts and.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Dan Murray, Bill Murray.
Speaker 2: Bill Bill Murray, Bill Murray.
Speaker 4: And yeah, And one of the things I ended up saying is, you know, these dogs just can understand what you're talking about, and they understand stand ceilings. And it's not like you got.
Speaker 5: To prompt them.
Speaker 4: They didn't have to prompt this dog that was in the movie. It's our dogs. Our four great things are beings that they really kind of understand what we're talking about. They look at you and we just is just they are just part of our family. It is we just continuously are amazed and surprised. But what I did was I really took a lot of the lessons that I have learned over the years, even back when I was in junior high, and really wanted to end up saying, what are some of these lessons here that we can help people understand, Give them a wisdom statement.
Speaker 2: Give me a couple of give give me a couple of quick lessons here. Because I have a scheduled interview coming up on a Feminist with Pat boom As, Oh yeah, tell us a couple of couple of your lessons that I could do this all day. You know how to when you spell the word the word dog back. Would you know what it spells?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: So that's the way I okay, give us, give us an example or two.
Speaker 4: So one of the things I wanted to You know, our first Dane was a rescue and she lived in a crate for her first year. We got her about when she was one year old. And so I do do a story about giving us the permission to dream.
Speaker 5: So you have a.
Speaker 4: Little bit of a story about her life being in a crate for the first year, and you have a picture of her and this crate, and then a picture of her dreaming about her mother. You know us, my husband and I, and so it's like giving you the permission we have to dream about what we want in life, and we don't do that very much. The second story is about her walking up the us. I walked to our front door, and it's called grasping the netle. When I was in junior high I learned what grasping the netle was. It's like when you grasp this prickly plant, it hurts, and no matter what you do in life, you grasp the netle. And here she's walking up to our front door. It's scary. She's grasping the netle and she and her life had been great when we had her.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great again, Barb. I hate to jump off here, but it is. The book is available everywhere, so much to drool about lessons for living large. Thank you so much. You certainly I'm going to try to get a copy of that book because I think a lot of people will benefit from it. Thank you so much for your time tonight, Barb.
Speaker 5: Take care.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 2: All right, You're very welcome. When we get back in a couple of minutes, going to be talking with Pat Boone. He needs no introduction, and he is on a cause now which I think everyone should get behind. We'll be back Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: I'm delighted in an honor to introduce to all of you here on the Nightside audience, Pat Boone. Pat Boone needs no introduction, as far as I concerned. Pat Boone, welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 5: Thank you Dan. I'm glad I don't need an introduction. But and also I'm glad that I'm not hearing people say, what he's still alive?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: I'll listen to that recently.
Speaker 2: I've listened to you on your serious radio show and great, great, great, Look, this is a cause that is close to your heart and it is called One Voice Is for Tanzania. Everybody remembers we of the world of thirty years ago, but this is very similar and that you have brought together some great musicians. People should know that you also have been very much involved in charitable organizations a charitable activity your entire career through pat Boone World Missions. But you focus now on Tanzania, which is a country in the southeast of Africa. It's bordered on the north by Kenya and Uganda, and they have a real problem with water, having availability of water. So I want you to tell us about that and what my audience can do to help you. And I also have a record that you folks have released that I've listened to today. I want to play a little bit of that record at some point, but I want to just hand the microphone to you and tell us how you got involved in this and this is such a wonderful cause. Please just let us know.
Speaker 5: Okay, as you said, I've been involved in a lot of things along the way. I'm the only entertainer that was involved in the in the creation of the ABA. Therefore, I'm going to talk to Steph Curry sometime and say, you owe me for that three point shot and you're becoming such a millionaire doing it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I didn't know you owned.
Speaker 5: I owned the Oakland Oaks that won the championship the second year. Anyway, those are things that people don't know, nor do they need to know. But I'm just saying I've had the blessing of being involved or helping to start a number of things. I think this is the most important thing of my life. And I'm now ninety and I don't know how much longer I have, but I do think that it's not just the country of Tanzania, it's the whole country of Africa. When I first got involved, I have not known the forty nations that may come to the continent of Africa, and Tanzania is a very important one. That's where when I got involved with god TV, that's a long, you know, worldwide network, and they started a campaign called Cape Town to Cairo and that the idea is to get fresh water wells and the nations that don't have fresh water at all, at least not in the vast desert areas that make up so much of Africa. Right now as we talk, a woman and a child will be walking across the hot desert and I mean it's hot there, and with a bucket or a pail on a chest or shoulder or on top of their head even and walking to a place to get water so they can live. And they go to a muddy ditch somewhere that where cattle eat and defecate and where women wash clothes, and it's polluted. They fill their vessels with water and take them back and that's what they give their kids. The life expectancy, This is what motive me. The life expectancy of a child born in those countries is five. That they're not expected to live past five years because mostly have none of them. Millions, by the millions, three hundred and nineteen million people in Sub Sahara, Africa don't have access to reliable drinking water. And so when I found out about this, and I felt I had to be involved, and I became involved surely, my wife and I did. We spend a lot of money and effort to bring in a five hundred foot deep fresh water well in the middle of the Tanzanian desert, and the government gave us two hundred acres to do whatever we wanted to around that. So we created a wood frame school to raise the literacy level because the kids there had don't they live like they did three hundred, three thousand years ago, and the kids have no place to go to school, and of course they have no fresh water, and they don't have a whole lot to eat, to eat beans and rice, and if they can get meat from some kind of an animal or a lizard or a rat or whatever they can find to kill, they'll have a little meat, but that's it. And hopefully water, but the water is poisoned. So anyway, I got involved. Surely I brought in that five hundred foot well and a windmill now operates on solar power, and because there's plenty of sun there for sure, and now the women and the kids that come there have fresh water to bring back to their villages and to their families. But for most of the countries in Africa, that is just nonexistent, and so fresh water, a life giving fresh water, it's just not available. And I know that we've got many other problems in the world. But when I realized that millions of people, including little kids, are doomed to death because they don't have water that they're walking over. It's in the ground, but the wells aren't there to bring it up. And so we got involved. And now a company called World Serve has been putting in wells and doing a good job at it. And they heard my song that I had written called one four uses of the number one one. I am one person. I have worth, I have courage, I have purpose because I am one person and there's no other like on the planet one. When good people come together, we are one three one. We're supposed to be a nation under God, and so far right now we're pretty divided. But we're supposed to be one nation under God. And finally, our God is one. So using the number one four ways, I got involved with World Served and they said, let's do a weee of the world type thing. This is really crucial if people are dying in droves and they just don't have water to drink, and if we can create water and let them have it, they can live.
Speaker 2: Pat let me let me just play if if it's okay with you, play about twenty five seconds of the song I want them to hear because it's an inspirational song. It includes some of the people. You have folks from Alabama, from the music group Alabama, Larry Gatlin, Vince gil.
Speaker 5: Lee Greenwood, Lee Greenwood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Larry Gatlin was a great friend of mine for a guy who used to pitch for the Yankees. And sometime I'll tell you Larry Gatlin story. But let me do this. Let me just let's rob give us about twenty five seconds. I want pat I want people to hear the song. Just hold with me for a second.
Speaker 5: Past first voice you hear is mine. So go ahead, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I am one like no other human being, ham one.
Speaker 4: In my there is meaning, there is worth, there is a purpose like no mother.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful song. I listened to it two or three times today. I want to give the We're in thirty eight states, so there are people all over the country right now who are hearing your voice, not only through the song, but you know, through our interview. And I want to make sure that I give the correct website. It's simply the one, the one that I see. It says one the four Tanzania.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it. One for Tanzania dot org. And when you go there, you will immediately be given a red button to push. And I'm hoping and praying that mothers and daddies will bring their kids, let them see that, and let them knowah, hear the song, know what it's about, and then put a chord, a half dollar, a dollar bill, five dollars, whatever they will the children, let them give to help the other children their age who live longer than five years, I mean, go up to be conductive human beings. But if they don't get fresh water, that's not going to happen. So I'd love to hear have families involve their kids in bringing fresh water to other children. That's really what it's about. I mean, adults, sure they need and they'll maybe scrounge around and find some water. But those children, they just drink whatever's given to them, and they don't know the difference, and so they wonder why they start to feel so terrible, and too many of them die before they're five.
Speaker 2: And of course we take water for granted where we all live, most of us in this country, we go to the kitchen sink, or we just you know, turn on the tap. It's a civilizen. Pat Boone, you have done so many great things in your career, and you such you were such a humanitarian and to get these other artists involved, you were doing great work. Pat Boone admired you for many years. I've admired you more now.
Speaker 5: Having had an opportunity to talk to you and.
Speaker 2: Hear in your voice the passion that you have for this project.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Yeah, I can, I can. I leave you one thought, not my voice, the voice of Jesus himself and Matthew ten when children they were very attracted to this man from Galilee and his disciples. When the kids were gathered around, you know, said leave him alone, leave him alone, and Jesus said, shut up. No he didn't, he didn't. He didn't say shut up. The Bible says he rebuked them. Let the children come to me. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones, who is my disciple, truly, I tell you that person will certainly not lose the reward. That's a specific word from God himself on a cup of water for a child. And that's my motivation, and I hope it will come the motivation of everybody who hears this song and then knows they can do something and and bring their children into it as well.
Speaker 2: Sounds sounds wonderful, Pat Poon. I don't have to say God bless you, because I know God's gonna bless you.
Speaker 5: He does.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Thank you, my friend, for joining us tonight. And I'm proud, very proud to have had you in my program.
Speaker 5: I well, thank you so much. I think we're saving lives. This is a God.
Speaker 2: Thing, absolutely, And guess what, I'm right there with you. I believe it.
Speaker 1: I know it.
Speaker 5: I hear you are Yes, I believe it.
Speaker 2: Pat. Anytime we can get you back, stay strong, stay well, my friend. And congratulations for doing God's work. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Listen, give me a call. I'll be there all right.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you, Dan, You're welcome friend.
Speaker 2: Wow. Check it out, folks. It's one for Tanzania dot org.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you want more information, you let me know. We'll be back on nights Side and we're going to talk about children who are more concerned about their body image as young as the age of seven than they should ever be. Back on Nightside after this