Speaker 1: Phoning in.
Speaker 2: You're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now. This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record.
Speaker 1: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here he is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 2: At follow Adam a Adam Mosley.
Speaker 3: Make it five straight Clippers win once twenty eight to one. Away here it into a dome over the Memphis Grizzlies. I'm Adam Oslins. Welcome into Clippers Talk. Coming up.
Speaker 4: We'll get your phone calls.
Speaker 3: Eight sixty six nine five seventy eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number we'll get to some of the postgame quotes coming out is the Clippers of one to eight of nine and their offense is rolling like we haven't seen all year long. This is the dream that I had earlier in the sea. If you can be that good defensively without Kawhi still struggle on offense, what happens when you bring Kawhi back? I said pretty quickly. I believe they're gonna turn into a top ten offense. Maybe it's taken a little bit longer, but over their last twelve thirteen, fourteen games now they have been that good offensively. The difference well a two times finals MVP who had twenty three points tonight and was looking like number twenty three and Haint Lebron. I'm talking about MJ with the mid range shots. He's nine of twelve from the field overall, one of three from the outside, had four assists. Was playing much better defensive, defensively net right now, last four games on the defensive end, kawhis taking things up a notch. He's feeling good. He's getting to that point as he played just over thirty six minutes tonight where his legs seem to be well underneath him. This was game twenty seven of the season for him, I believe, and he's looking like prime Kawhi Leonard. That's how he's looked over the last handful of games, and that's scary for the rest of the league. So's this James Harden after a little bit of a dip where we thought, oh no, it's the post All Star swoon for James Harden where he starts to run out of gas. He's been tasked with playing so many minutes this season. He's been their MVP, he's been leading them. But the usage rating is too high for a guy who's thirty five years of age. I brought it up plenty well. I think having Kawhi Leonard back has helped his legs as well, and Bogie a couple of guys putting them off ball more. James Harden dropped thirty on eight of fourteen shooting and five of ten from three. What a great performance from him, What an efficient performance. Nine assists out there as well, just three turnovers. I told you two things would happen when Kawhi came back. Their offensive rating would shoot way up, and they'd stop turning the basketball over the way they were. I still had fifteen tonight, but James Hardnoy had three, and overall the turnovers are down significantly the last fifteen games. It's starting to come together at the right time. There's twelve games left in the regular season, none bigger than Sunday's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Just a huge matchup for the Clippers and another measuring stick opportunity. As right now they're passing all these tests with flying colors. I thought in the first half of this ballgame. The Clippers look disconnected at times defensively, the pace of the Memphis Green was bothering them. After the Clippers were up by eight early, they gave up an eight oh run after Memphis hit a couple of threes in a layup to tie it, and I felt like they took their foot off the gas. They were in complete control of the game early, they led up, Memphis got back into it, and they were leading by two after the first quarter.
Speaker 4: The Clippers were getting cooked.
Speaker 3: By Luke Canard Luky Dookie, who had fifteen points off the bench on six of nine shooting three or five from the outside. Loved Lukenard, one of my favorite Clippers, but he was blowing past defenders, getting the step on Bogie and others and creating havoc. Clippers in the second half cleaned a lot of that up. But even when the Clippers started to figure things out in the second quarter, after three turnovers and I think four possessions for the Memphis Grizzlies with the Clippers got six points off of those turnovers, they had it tied at fifty three in the second quarter after Harden hit a step back three pointer on triple j and I thought the Clippers were about to impose their will. Not so fast, said Memphis. They would hit two threes. Nope, make it three. The Clippers were far too switch happy defensively. There was a play at the end of the second quarter where first Done is on Luke Canard because he was cooking them. Then he gets the switch and gets Norm on him. Then he gets the switch and gets Ben Simmons on him. For Ben simmons man was Zach Edy. He tosses the ball to Zach Edy, who now has Norm Pell on him, and he gets an easy bucket. I thought they were far too switch happy, soft switching, and they were still down by six sixty. Six to sixty was the half time time score twenty four minutes in. What was funny was the Clippers at the half, Well, they were shooting the ball tremendously. They were at fifty one percent from the field. They were nine of nineteen from the outside. That's forty eight percent.
Speaker 4: So what's the issue.
Speaker 3: Well, they're eight turnovers in the first half turned into twenty one points. Memphis destroyed them on those live ball turnovers. Second chance points were also nine to four in favor of the Grizzlies. And meanwhile, the Memphis Grizzlies were taking care of the basketball, so they got up eleven more shots in the first half than the Clippers. They got up fifty the Clippers thirty nine. Some of that is because the Clippers got to the charity stripe as they did in this game. Attempted twenty six, hit twenty one. But it's the turnovers, it's the offensive rebounds that favored Memphis at the half seven to one. They were out playing and outworking the Clippers, and I felt like a Vita Zubats was a little bit disengaged. He was upset with a call on a reckless close out on Santi Aldama on the right wing. He seemed to be in his head, just frustrated with the officials, frustrated with his teammates at times. In the third quarter, though, we got a different Viza Zubats. Now the Clippers are down six, and what does b Shaw do. He starts bogie over Chris Dunn in the second half. Chris Dunn hadn't played poorly. He had hit a couple threes in the first half. He missed two to start, and he kept firing hit back to back threes in the first quarter.
Speaker 4: After that, it was great to see.
Speaker 3: He has to hit those shots guys in the playoffs, just like we saw tonight. Teams are gonna leave him wide open. He has to make them pay, and he hit three to three points to night.
Speaker 4: That was big.
Speaker 3: So I was a little bit surprised to see Bogie start the third quarter. We've talked about well, our three guard lineups problematic. It depends on matchups, and they could get away with it against Memphis having Norm, Harden and Bogie out there. It didn't start off grade. Bogie did hit a turnaround jumper to start the third quarter, but then Jalen Wells would hit a three pointer. Kawhi hits a three, then a push shot, then Hardened to.
Speaker 4: Zoo for a dunk.
Speaker 3: Is a tie game at sixty nine, a Norm three on the right wing, Norm runner in the lane going left to right. Clippers are up five. Triple j gets a bucket over Zoo. Bogie three was unconscious from there. At one point it hit eleven straight three points are spanning four games. Clippers are rough six triple j gets blocked by Zoo, and I thought that was the turning point. Even though Zoo got blocked on the other end right afterwards by Scotti Pippen Junior. Zoo was being much more active. He had already gotten the basketball off a hardened lot to him to make it sixty nine. All a nice scor as Carlos said. But now he gets a block on triple j Aldamomus is a three. Another big Zoo dunk. Clippers up seventy nine to seventy one. It was a nineteen to five run as they made eight of their first nine shots of that third quarter. Things got sloppy for a second.
Speaker 4: They were back to.
Speaker 3: Back turnovers Clippers another turnover, offensive foul and Edie on a moving screen. But the Clippers really started to take control.
Speaker 4: Problem was.
Speaker 3: After that eight point lead, just like they had in the first quarter, the Grizzlies made another run. They got back into it after Luke Canard floater at seventy nine to seventy six. Is it gonna be a dog fight or the Clippers gonna step on their throats right now? They did Kawhi floater over Scottie Pippen Junior. Kawhi some really good defense on Luke Canard, Then Edie misses a floater on Zoo. Norm would hit a three but traveled. But then Dunn comes back in the ballgame at the six minute mark of the third for the guy that would placed him in the starting lineup, Bogie Harden step back three on Zach Edy. Now the Clippers are starting to roll a little bit. Harden another step back jumper. Clippers are up by ten. Joff banked in a three pointer for the Grizzlies to make it eighty six to seventy nine, but Niko responded with a three right afterwards. Harden gets fouled by Luke Cannard on a three, hits all three. Clippers up by ten, and by the time they get out of the third quarter, Harden hits a push shot that puts him up fourteen. He had twelve of his thirty points in the third. He had a crossover on Vince Williams Junior where he put him into oblivion.
Speaker 4: It looked like.
Speaker 3: The one on Wesley Johnson against the Clippers from back in the day. Unfortunately, he did miss the three. He was feeling himself though James Harden crossed him over. I mean he put him ten feet away from him, deep into the paint with this crossover, James Harden did a shimmy. That's how you know he's feeling good. But he did miss the three pointer. Oh yeah, he was playing defense on Triple J. By the way, for everybody that knocks James Harden's defense, they don't watch enough ball. His post defense has been good for years and he can guard certain guys well. We talked about it coming into the game. I mentioned he's gonna be on Triple J at times, just like he was on Evan Mobley. He had a big strip on him at the end of the third quarter and the Clippers ended up leading heading into the fourth back in complete control ninety six to eighty two. The fourth quarter lineup for the Clippers was Nico Simmons, Bogie, Emir in DJ to start, No Kawhi trying to save his legs, trying to hold back some of the minutes smart. It took him a little bit of time to get a bucket to go. I think it was a mirror on a back door cut where he got fouled. He only made one two, but Kawhi came back in at the nine to forty three mark for Nico and really started to restore order.
Speaker 4: After a band three.
Speaker 3: Simmons had a pass to a mirror, this time going back door on a play for an easy layup. It was a beautiful pass from Ben Simmons, by the way, wouldn't be fouled this time. Got the layup to go. Then Kawhi hits a mid range jumper over Vince Williams one o three to eighty nine, triple j floater over a mere Now he's guarding. Triple j Amir comes back, hits a three pointer al Dama three, Kawhi push shot and one tough one oh nine ninety four is the score. Bogie hits a three one twelve to ninety four, and it's over, ladies and gentlemen. The Clippers go on to win by twenty one twenty eight to one oh eight. Was your final? Twelfth game this season they've won by twenty or more. What's wild in this one is this comes from our stack, Guyed Joey. Memphis has lost four games this season when they made more threes than their opponent. Three of those games are to the Los Angeles Clippers. They hit nineteen threes, the Clippers hit seventeen, but they took forty nine. The Clippers only took thirty four. The Clippers went seventy to thirty four. That's fifty percent from the outside. It helps when Bogie goes four of five and James Harden goes five of ten and hey, Chris Donn three of seven. Clippers win one twenty eight to one o eight. Quick time out. We'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy I'm out of Moslin's. After the Clippers make it five straight with another victory here at the Dome. The Dome is home more Clippers hockey here on a five to seventy LA Sports Next.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Best fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketb YEA Clippers win one twenty eight to one oh eight. Hear it into a Dome over the Memphis Grizzlies. They've won eight straight here now and are twenty five and six. After losing their first four games at Into a Dome, they have been dominant here. Steve Balmer has built a fortress and the Clippers are protecting it. What a victory, and I gotta say, as I see Norman Powell talking to a crowd here postgame, we love Norman Powell. Check out the interview with Lawren Rosen sit down twenty minutes. Great interview, give an insight on his backstory as a human being and as a great player for this Clippers team.
Speaker 4: Who tonight?
Speaker 3: I felt like he only had fourteen, but he went four of eight. He went one to two from the outside, he got to the free throw line.
Speaker 4: This looked the.
Speaker 3: Most like Norman pal tonight to me with his movement out there. He didn't take a tone of shots, but his movement looked really good. He was getting his usual stuff. Awesome to see. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number if you want to get on clipperstock after they take down the Memphis Grizzlies by twenty. Let's start with Demitrius and Manhattan Beach. Demetrious, please keep it the thirty.
Speaker 5: S Adam, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Can you hear me doing good? I hear you. Demanrius, what's up?
Speaker 5: You know we talked about this. I didn't call you the last few games. I've just been watching in detail. But like I said again, the recipe I got receipt things that is going to take four players in double digits. Rather it's Kawhi Bogie, Zubab Harden or Kyle coming in the game with the transition defense that they're playing. If you notice that there are their numbers went up. The numbers went up offensively and defensively they've been stifling. And so when we bring that mentality in, we're gonna be pretty tough to beat. And if you notice we shot fifty percent from three point range tonight, I think Bogie has been like I think, yeah, man, you've been talking about all these haters on Bogie and the trade, and oh they this guy has gotten comfortable. I love what I love what the coach did, uh bringing in Bogie in the second half, because that mayor Jared he was just packing it with Chris Dunn packing it, and like you said, it was leaving him to shoot that shot, which he's done pretty well tonight. But I'm glad that he made the adjustment in the second half and he had to come out and play Bogey. So again, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, my guy, You're rolling. But I got a lot of calls to get to and you make a great point. Look, defensively, they weren't very good in the first half. They give up sixty six points. They gave up forty two in the second half of this ball game. And for them to be that good while switching out Bogie for Chris Dunn, one of, if not your best defender, and for them to go on that big run to start the third quarter, it speaks volumes about this team and the optionality they have. If Bogie cannot be a negative defender that is getting picked on constantly out there, and I thought he was better in the second half. You really got something because the problem with Bogie out there on the floor is teams go after him. Luke an Ar was going after him a lot in the first half. They don't go after Chris Dunn. The problem Chris Dunn presents is teams don't respect his shot. But tonight Chris Done went three or seven from the outside. So they each have strengths and weakness that cover fore another in some ways. But it was a great move from b Shaw.
Speaker 4: Great move.
Speaker 3: Let's go to as the Clippers win by twenty over the Memphis Grizzlies. Ryan and Santa Ana Ryan, what's up here on Clippers soft without Amuscles?
Speaker 6: Hey, Adam Hope, all those Well, yeah, I went to the game tonight. It was great, great atmosphere and everything. Chris Dunn a pregame was shooting in the corners and he was hitting and so I think the first couple played they went to him in the corner. He missed a couple of times and then he started hitting two after that he looked great, but it was Ryan.
Speaker 3: That's a big that's a big deal to me that he missed his first two shots Ryan, and then had the confidence to be left wide open, everybody's staring at him, He's alone on an island.
Speaker 4: To take the third and knock it down.
Speaker 6: He had to be like Dory and finding Nemo was just like, forget about it and just keep on keep on moving.
Speaker 5: It was, it was good.
Speaker 6: It was It was good to see, but it was crazy and Brian uh byron Shaw shout out to him.
Speaker 7: He did really great.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: The thing with Tlu always like good counter punchers, they see what happens in the first half and then they counter it. And it was a good adjudstment to have bogey in the second because what what Uh The Clippers started off really well too, even with Chris Dunts missing shots, but Bogey wasn't missing those shots. So that's where they were able to like catch up and then take over.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 6: It was a great win.
Speaker 7: Uh love it.
Speaker 6: Six players and double figures.
Speaker 7: Uh, can't wait for Sunday.
Speaker 3: Let's go Ryan, I'm with you, and you bring up bring up a great point. It's like they probably looked at the numbers and said, uh, well, wait a second Bogey at the half here, let me run the tally. I know Carlo had it as the game was going along, but okay, Bogie had only taken two shots in the first half, but he was one of one from three. So at that point, I think he had already hit eight straight three pointers going back to the last two games and b Shaw, I'm guessing his thought process was, I gotta get him going. He only played eight minutes, he only took two shots in the first half. We need Bogey, we need him to get comfortable here. So I think this was him giving him the green light, and he hit the first shot in the third quarter. Bogie to put him up, put him up. Bogie put him up. Ben put him up.
Speaker 4: Bogie.
Speaker 3: So he ends up in the second half because he was one of two, he goes five of seven from the field. They emboldened him, they gave him confidence, and they noticed that Wait a second, you have a guy right now that is on credible hot streak where eventually before he missed his last three pointer taken in this ballgame. Guys, he had made eleven straight three pointers over the last four games, and if you went back further, he was fifteen of his last eighteen. Yeah, it makes sense to put a guy out there that's that hot. Credit to b Shaw and the coaching staff for just noticing you gotta ride the hot hand, and I mean scorching hot flame on human torch. Stuff from Bogey Kyle in Brooklyn, Kyle, you're on Clipper Stoff with out of.
Speaker 4: Maus and what's up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm glad you're everyone's talking about bogey Man. He's playing so well. I'm super excited. It's fun watching tonight because I like you as a Luke Canard's fan. I've always liked Luke Canard, but I feel like watching Bogie. I feels like Bogie is what ty lu always wanted Luke Canard to beat. To a certain like this is that's a hell of a point.
Speaker 4: That's a hell of a point from Kyle. Guys.
Speaker 3: I want to reemphasize it for people in the chat Kyle, because they can't hear the phone calls here on the YouTube side. But Kyle brought this up, and I've said it before too. He Bogey is the antithesis of who Luke Canard was, which was a guy that was such a great shooter but was reluctant to shoot at times. You don't have to worry about that with Bogey. He went one from twelve, one for twelve from three in a game this season as a Clipper, and he continues.
Speaker 1: He grabs boards. He grabs some boards.
Speaker 4: Everyoneers a lot more.
Speaker 7: Boards, sometimes ten boards.
Speaker 4: He had a stupid way up in the fourth quarter. No go ahead, Kyle.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The one.
Speaker 7: The one concern I want to bring up that you already brought up. I just want to ask you about it is Uh, the defense, especially in the first half, looked pretty rough. As far as you know, if you miss your sweat, it's just not a big deal. But you got to hustle at that guy that you're leaving wide open. I saw a lot of moments like that. I'm wondering, do you think Van Gundy's being missing, and he will be apparently for the next couple of weeks, do you think that's going to be a problem for us?
Speaker 3: I mean they've gotten by overall. Obviously he will be missed. And I appreciate the phone call Kyle bringing up the point that they're missing Jeff Van Gundy right now. And it's more than just the schematics and the defensive game plan. It is a guy that is relentless with getting on them for rotations, and Jeff Van Gundy he is standing almost as much as coach Lewis during games. He is up and off the bench and extremely active. So he will be missed. And while I thought the Cleveland game the rotations weren't so bad on Tuesday, it was just the Cavs were that hot and they were passing the ball so well. There were times tonight in the first half with the Clippers looked a little bit slow, They didn't look as sharp, They looked lethargic defensively in the first half, giving up sixty six points. It looked like a low effort first half to me. Only one offensive rebound in the first half to seven for the Memphis Grizzlies.
Speaker 4: That wasn't Clippers.
Speaker 3: Basketball, So there is some concern not having Jeff Van Gundy right now. They got to find a way though, and they did in the second half. Credit b Shaw, Dante Jones, the rest of the coaching staff. Clippers win once tight to one oh eight. Tear it into a dome over the Memphis Grizzlies. More of your phone calls coming back. I'm Adam Mosland. This is Clipperstock here on five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network, best fans and best arena in the entire sport. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 3: Six straight game of the Clippers scoring at least one hundred and nineteen points as they put up one and win by twenty here and into a dome over the Memphis Grizzlies. They have scored one hundred and nineteen points or more in six straight games. That ties a franchise record, which was back in December of twenty twenty three. So last season when they were going on that big run where they had gone twenty six and five during a thirty one game stretch. It was the best run regular season run in franchise history. Welcome back in to Clipperstock. I'm Adam Moslin to eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 4: Let's go to.
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 3: I should read this because I was just talking about it in the chat. So b Shaw said this postgame about starting Bogie bog Don Bogdanovich in the second half over Chris Dunn. He said, as we expected, because Jaren Jackson Junior was on Chris Dunn, sacking off of him wasn't respecting a shot, and therefore, with Bogie out there, it forced Triple J to defend the lineup of Bogee, Harden, Norman Pale, Kawhi Leonard and Avitza Zubats went plus thirteen in eight minutes and forty five seconds. All right, Tom, who's leaving the game?
Speaker 4: Tom?
Speaker 3: You're on Clipper stop Without'm ausseled.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Hey, the swell was electrics tonight.
Speaker 8: You hear me?
Speaker 4: I guys, you tell I'm sorry, I hear me.
Speaker 9: Oh kay here that it was right. The swell was electric tonight. I screamed at Luke Canard and locked eyes with him and said that we miss him.
Speaker 7: I have to say that that that second half lineup was absolutely lethal.
Speaker 9: It was incredible to start the second half having Bogie and Norm on the court at the same time. This creates so much spacing, so much room for the offense to operate.
Speaker 8: And I agree right like the the amount that you have to defend with those.
Speaker 9: Five players on the court at the same time is absolutely bananas. So as much as I love that second unit, that's all defense, that all offense. The lineup that came out in the second half was absolutely huge for putting us up early.
Speaker 3: Well, and we say all offensive lineup and it's like, well, they got Kawhi out there, and they got to beat to Zoubots out there. Still, you know, they got some guys that could play some defense. But I take your point. It's a good one, Tom, and I like the fact that you let Luke Canard know.
Speaker 4: That we miss him because he's one of my favorite Clippers. He's just he's just a great human being.
Speaker 3: And he and his relationship with the Beats of Zoobos, that bromance there, Uh, they were pretty great together. But now Big Zoo has got one with Bogie and that has materialized over the last couple of weeks. Here, Tom appreciate the phone call. Glad you had a good time in the swell.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you man.
Speaker 3: Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. B Shaw said this postgame. On this run, the Clippers were on winners of eight of nine, he said, quote, we felt like we'd be a team the rest of the league wouldn't really think about. We just never had a full roster of healthy players. We always felt internally we knew what we were capable of and it was just a matter of having everybody available. Yeah, it turns out when you're missing your best players, specifically a guy who can play at an MVP level and Kawhi Leonard when he's right, and I thought he looked right tonight, even with him not taking a shot in that first quarter, which I did find alarming at first. He came back in and got busy and he was being doubled in the first quarter. So there's some logic to that. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. Final segment here eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We'll get to Lenny next in Inglewood, I'm Adam Oslind and this is Clipperstock after they win one twenty eight to one twenty over the Memphis Schrizzlies.
Speaker 4: Here at the end to It Dome.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network, best fans and best arena in the entire sport. Take us with you wherever you are on the I Hards Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 3: Clippers are victorious eighth straight victory here at the Dome.
Speaker 4: Welcome back in.
Speaker 3: I'muna Moslin live from into a Dome after they win oncety eight to one O eight over the Memphis Grizzlies, and they are handling business against some quality opponents. Thought there could be a hangover after the big victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers. There may have been in the first half. In the second half, the Clippers defense locked in. They win by twenty over Memphis. Desmond Bain only had ten points and only took seven shots. He was a game time decision and then he got banged up but came back in the game. I hope he's doing all right out there. Triple J finished with twenty three points, but he had to get to take twenty four shots to get there. Jaron Jackson Junior went nine up twenty four and only had two rebounds.
Speaker 4: You tell me who won that battle.
Speaker 3: That would be Big Zoo and the other guys who guarded him, James Harden at times, Ben Simmons at times, Amir at times, Nico at times.
Speaker 4: Takes a village. Uh, who do we got here?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Lenny and Englewood one of my favorites. Lenny, you're on clipper stock without of Mauzles.
Speaker 8: What's all about him? Good call out tonight man the Kyle excellent point. He stole my point. I always once again, I got top of the top of the ticket man, Lawrence Frank pulling the trigger on that trade to bring in Bogdanovich. If everybody in the NBA is talking about that Hunter going to Cleveland was it was probably one of the biggest trades he. I think vock Gonovinch is gonna be one of the second biggest mid uh mid season trades. He's aggressive, he's big, he gets rebounds, he knows how to run that point. He just you know, he's I'm glad he's there. Man, about two years ago.
Speaker 3: Tremendous because the reason you bring up there, it's not just that he he's a three point sniper, he can score three levels, he can handle the ball, he can run, pick and roll. He offers so much for this Clippers team, money exactly.
Speaker 8: And then I remember two years ago, man, when you know, we were on this train and you were I was telling you something may right the Clippers, that they don't have that chip on their shoulder, and I said, I did not like the fact that so they can win and they couldn't win five games in a row. Well, we're at five games in a row, I said, I said, we got to go to and one with our jah. I knew we would get this one, but that our eyes in the NBA are on that game on Sunday because we gotta get Okay, see still and we can't do the clip and thing like, well we got to No, we got to get all three of them. That's where we are. That's what we need. We need Kawhi learning doing, Kawhi learning things and hardened. I don't know what joy Juice's on, but Doug gone to keep it up baby and done. It is still still a guy. And I'm glad he's worked on that three because if he can just get shut up a little bit more. We're looking good, man, We're looking good. And I hope Tyler gets better and I hope Van Gandy gets badman, because we need both of those guys. All right, man, have a good night at.
Speaker 3: Him appreciation, Lenny, I feel like you just said all eyes on me. Disc two takes place on Sunday. Hopefully the Clippers say can't see me to the okay, see thunder, because yeah, it's a huge game. And Lenny has been demanding of this team in this week in what he wants to see. He wanted to see them go three and ozero against these teams before they head out on the road. Charlotte would be four and oh of course, but we were expecting that victory. But even in that game, guys, they dominate. They came out I heard this from domin Clain on the radio earlier today on the Petros' Money Show. Domin Clain Clippers analyst. They came out and handled business. It was a business like approach again. And Charlotte, it wasn't we're looking ahead to Cleveland. It was we need to come out and blast them so we can get guys rest for these games coming up. And they did so kind of being overlooked. Maybe a little bit is the level of professionalism and focus in the Charlotte game. Coming off the road trip. Sometimes you don't know how those things go. The first game back home, there can be a little bit of a layover. But no, this Clippers team now you're seeing it longest winning streak of the season, five game win streak, and they're just running on all cylinders now.
Speaker 4: But a lot of this is just Kawhi.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, this is exactly what I expected when he came back. Maybe it's taken a little bit longer because he can't train the way he used to. He's talked about that recently after the Charlotte game. He has to get his reps on the court, get his timing back there. But it's happening now in the mid range. I mean, he has just been cold blooded in the mid range as of late, and he's starting to put together the type of efficient games that we're looking for, where he gets thirty three on nineteen shots last time out and twenty three on twelve shots this time. That's the Kawhi efficiency from last season. That's why I feel like, Okay, what I said two months ago, was, and probably three or four months ago, after about a month into the season, when we saw how good this Clippers team was defensively. If they could get last year's version of Kawhi back, how good could they be?
Speaker 4: That was my question.
Speaker 3: I felt like they'd be a top ten offense pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: They're there now.
Speaker 3: And the defense has remained very good. They had the fourth best net rating over their last ten games heading into this one. That's only gonna get better after the second half they had defensively, and the way they shot the basket seventeen to thirty four, fifty percent from three to fifty eight percent from the field against a solid team defensively, one hundred and twenty eight points the Clippers put up.
Speaker 4: This team is dangerous now.
Speaker 3: They are a two way squad with their two way superstar back, and they're going up against a very familiar soon to be MVP in SGA, a very familiar player. On Sunday, tip off here at into a Dumb for Clippers and Thunder is at six pm. We'll have your pregame show starting at five outside of Los Angeles. We're leaving you until then. If you're watching on the YouTube side. At Clippers Talk.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, we.
Speaker 3: Got another show for you tomorrow before we get out of here. I do want to think the Clippers organization. Ralph Lawler, Brian Seaman, Noah Eagle, Carlojmenez on the call tonight, Brother, Jay Warner, what's up? David Bartley filling in? Thank you, Bro, Daniel West our producer back in the bank. We will talk to you guys on Sunday. Oh, I got some no ego in me right now I'm thinking, can't wait talk to you then.
Speaker 1: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every gain.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 1: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 2: Clippers Talk Maybe