Speaker 1: Here's a fun email to start on the Minnesota goodbye. Tracy writes in good afternoon, besties, I got a phone top, or we get a topic for you. He had every ingredient available. What would you put in your perfect salad? Now? Her thought starter is spinach, leaves, cabbage, carrots, boiled eggs, cube chicken, dill, red onions, livered almonds, salt and pepper, and avocado, some sort of spicy ranch dressing. I also stop putting cheese in last year, and I don't miss it at all. I also would like say, anybody who puts fruit their salad is seriously off their rocker. Gross.
Speaker 2: Oh what?
Speaker 3: I love a good fruit in my salad.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I would love a staff writer sticker. I have a perfect spot on my water bottle for it. That is from Tracy, who lives in beautiful man Cato. I will send your email address to Secretary Brie Bailey. What is in your perfect salad?
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly I put if I go to a salad bar, I essentially put in absolutely everything that's available at the salad bar into my salad, except for radishes. I don't like radishes, but I do like fruit, like strawberries or blueberries are really good in a salad. But like every single leaf available, like corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, I put it in all of that stuff. Or beets, O. Beets are good, Carrots are good. Okay, I love I love salad. I love salad.
Speaker 1: The problem is, I mean, salads are great for us till we take that big old laidla ranch dressing and just some mother that son of a bead.
Speaker 4: I don't like rants.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you put on there?
Speaker 4: I like olive oil and vinegar.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's good, Jenny, You're perfect salad.
Speaker 3: I mean, it would depend on my day, but I would go a little bit more basic.
Speaker 4: I do arugula.
Speaker 3: I do some chicken, probably like shredded, like a block of parmesan cheese. Parmesan cheese that you like, actually shredders. Yeah, you grt yourself and then she's not gonna like this. But I do like some pears, some very hard pears. I don't know. Andrew makes a specific arugula salad that I love, and it's pretty simple. I think he puts maybe a little balsama on it, so it's not like overly unhealthy with the dressing added. On too, but it would depend on my day. Like every time I go to Crispin Green, I always get the oh no, I'm gonna forget, it doesn't even matter, sounds good, sounds so fine, it doesn't matter, but there's a lot on it.
Speaker 1: I always put cottage cheese in there, cottage cheese, bacon bits, spinach leaves. I like beats too. Beats are a nice mix in there, something sort of. The fake bacon bits are fine, real ones whatever. Yeah. I like the bag salads where you like it's just a rider, straight up caesar salad. One thing that I love that people look at me funny for anchoby's on a caesar salad. I love anchovies when I go to it. Like if you go to an average restaurant, if you go to like, I don't know, Applebee's, you get a caesar salad, they don't have anchobies. But you go to like one that's a little more nice, like Ikes or something like that, you say, can I get achoke anchobies? And if they have them, they go yeah, sure, And I say load it up, put as many as you can on there, and I just love them. Yeah. They're just such a delightfully different taste into salad.
Speaker 4: I've never eaten one. I would try one, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't like it.
Speaker 4: I like fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In general, the only time I've had him is because of like a bit on the show and Dave made me eat them for something, And that's the only resses I've ever had him, because you know, Daddy Bear's just got a stock at the house. He's like, I'll break some man chosy.
Speaker 1: Of course. Absolutely. We got a bunch of emails here on various different topics. Here, let's go to Sorry, I gotta scroll up for this one. This is from Kyle. More than all. You got an amazing program I listen every day, but a unique dynamic. Dave talks about how important it is to share personal experiences now, which I love. But I think you've created a unique family esque dynamic. Dave proud father, hilarious, creator, super smart, captain of the ship and master of the Helm. You're right, I am super smart. If I haven't mentioned it lately, I'm a member of the High IQ Society. Men'sa noticed mention.
Speaker 3: You get to have found.
Speaker 1: My lifetime membership card the other day, because you know, I don't really have any proof except for my lifetime membership card, and Susan found it root and through an old drawer the other day. So if you ever need me to bring it in and like show you, I can show you.
Speaker 4: I think I'm good.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I'd like to see it because I don't believe you.
Speaker 1: Showed up Jenny. It's funny because you, Jenny, he says, is a hot young step mom. Now it's funny you brought this up earlier on the show.
Speaker 4: I literally said she looked like a hot step mom today the way she's dressed.
Speaker 1: I described that because if you didn't hear it on the show, give me like the description of what Jenny, why she looks like a hot step mom.
Speaker 4: She's wearing this like distressed cobalt blue tank top that you know is like snug, but then this really loose tan sweater and she just looks like she would sit on a couch with her pedicured feet up by underneath her body, and she'd be like, hey, kids, why don't you come in here and tell me what was going on? What's going on at school? What's going on at school? I just want to know, And then they'd be like, we don't have to talk to you because Dad's not here right now, and you're like.
Speaker 3: Just then I offer them a cocktail and then they're.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So Jenny is that, at thirty four years old, she's married a forty five year old who has been a fifteen and a sixteen year old. Yeah, okay, gotcha. Stepmom runs the crew, especially if Dave has checked out. Crushes everything adventurous and exciting, but knows her business. Bailey, oldest stepdaughter, lives and loves the morning show. Quick, clever and funny, theatric and helps make the show fun and spontaneous. Vaunt, youngest child, often dismissed, but brings the best thunder, stirring the pot, making things fun for everybody. Super knowledgeable and genuinely likes getting every listener to love this show. Let me know how you feel about my third party assessments. F Yi, Vant you are great. We all love you guys. Dave you are a legend, Jenny or a queen, and Bailey you're our Disney princess. Last note, you're all way too attractive to be doing radio, but I'm so glad you're here for it. That is from Kyle. Well, thank you Kyle, I think your assessment is pretty much right on. I mean, and I think that's one of the things that when you listen to the show, you start to get to know us. And I think that's what Pete makes people drawn to the show. And when you you know, people leave town or they'll move to you know, Milwaukee, and they'll go there's no radio show that compares to you. And I think a lot of radio shows don't really tell you about themselves, or they present a fakey, fakey persona for the radio. And I think that people can sense that. You know, people will talk about you know, we'll talk about everything from like me banging a nerf ball to Bailey dating a gay guy and thinking that he might have been straight, to Jenny's poop problems and.
Speaker 4: Stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, but I think that that. But I think that when you get real, it's kind of like your friends. You'll share things like that with your friends. So anyway, I'm glad you appreciate that, Kyle, and thank you for the analysis. I hit the lead on that one. We did get another note from the penis guy, Matt bar Okay.
Speaker 4: He is just blowing up our inbox.
Speaker 1: Yeah. His PR team fleshy pr in marketing makes sense, They say, I wanted to follow up on my previous email regarding Matt Barr as a potential guest for your podcast. His story and insights could truly resonate with your audience. I'm gonna say yes, I'm going to write back to him, and I'm gonna say yes, let's do it. You want to do it, I think, so, let's do it.
Speaker 3: When we hit we get a lot of emails, Like Davi said that, it's like, Hey, so and so's appearing in this play coming up, do you want to interview them? Or so and so is going to be launching this podcast, And it's like it's kind of like a dime a dozen with things like that, But this is interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm going to write them back. Remind me when the podcast is over, I will email them back and we'll get Matt Barr and his big Giant Shalong on the radio next week. Now here's the thing that I've learned doing this business for a long long time. Just because somebody has an interesting situation does not make them interesting to talk to. And we've learned this because Jenny and I have had guests on the show it's like, hey, I'm an expert on TikTok and I can show you how to get TikTok views and clicks, and so we'll be like, cool, let's get him on the show, and they suck, And that's just kind of the way it is. Somebody might have a great story about how they you know they they I don't know. They lived in the north Woods for three years with no food and water, and it's like, wow, that sounds really cool. Let's get him on the show, and they're like yep, yep, nope, yup. So I don't know whether Matt and his big schlog are going to be a good interview, but I will set that up.
Speaker 3: I have questions already in my head. What are you gonna ask him? I mean, I want to ask if he's ever done any kind of sexy things that would have earned him money in his past. Given how big a schlong is okay.
Speaker 1: Fourteen inches by the way, in case you missed it the other day, it is the world's largest medically verified male unit.
Speaker 3: I would like to know if a woman has ever seen it, and like, absolutely not, I'm not doing this anymore, like walked out of the room scared. I don't know, but I also don't know I'm going to be able to ask these kind of things on the radio.
Speaker 1: I think that if you're gonna go on the radio and your your draw is you have a large penis, then you're gonna be you should be ready to ask and to answer all kinds of sketchy questions. Here is Cherise, She said. I got to write in about the comment on black people famous because vont yesterday was calling, like certain celebrities black people famous. He's like, oh, well, this person is black people famous. And I actually met Morris Chestnut because he came up when I worked at the Bollaggio. He was playing poker and came to me to cash out his chips. He is just as gorgeous in person, and I was speechless and just stood there like an idiot. My co workers knew I was a fan and had to talk for me. I could only squeak out a HI while I was cashing him out. I have many more funny stories from my time at the Bolaggio, and I thought I would share this one since I heard you guys talking about Morris Chestnut. All right, one of your biggest fans Cherise.
Speaker 4: Well, Terrace is just as beautiful as MOR's chestnut and they should be together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's kind of hot. She's got the eyes, like the light eyes, right, yeah, yeah, are those contacts as Charis wearing contacts?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She's got bluish eyes if I remember Ryan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, if they're blue, then maybe I don't know. She's gorgeous though. I love Charise so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's very cool. Next one. Last week, you were talking about birthday spakings and such, and it reminded me of my elementary days and how messed up they were. Because we were talking about how when you know, a few generations ago, when it was your birthday, they'd be like, it's Bailey's birthday, she's turning eight. Bailey, come up to the front of the class and we're gonna spank your bottom. Class count along with me, and we thought it was kind of cute. But now, yeah, you're not allowed to touch kids at all anymore. Right, Yeah, no, okay. It was the early to mid eighties. It was the norm in Jim class. If it was your birthday, the gym teacher would have the entire class stand up in a line and spread their legs. The birthday person would have to crawl through the line known as the spanking machine. So yeah, they would spread their legs, stand up, and then you would crawl toward them through their legs and smack their ass as they came by. Of course, everybody loved to see how hard they could be they could hit. At the end, the teacher gave you a big old smack on the ass in front of everybody, and you guessed it, one chink, got cheek, got a huge pinch to grow an inch. Thinking about it today made me realize how messed up it was. Ll were those innocent times or was it odd back then too? To me, they were innocent if I did give Yeah, there was nothing. Nothing made me uncomfortable, nothing weird about that at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell a story that I heard yesterday speaking of spankings. I was having lunch with a friend that used to work here at the radio station. And she's my age, and she's wonderful, and she's very chatty and fun, and somehow, I don't know how it came up, spank and she said, when she was in fifth grade. Oh, I was talking about what a brat. I was just what a little shit I was, and she said she was the same way, because our job, as we saw it in elementary school was to make our friends laugh, so whatever it took to make our friends laugh. And I was telling a story about how I got kicked out of the first grade musical on day one, and then she was talking about how she was a brat too, and she got sent down to the principal's office with another girl. And she said, in fifth grade, it was so oddly uncomfortable because the teacher made them lean over, stick their butt out at just the right angle, and then stood behind them with the paddle that had holes in it and would and he was an old guy, and he would smack these fifth grade girls on the butt with a paddle. And she said, even in fifth grade, there was something oddly pro about it. And I said, I can see that.
Speaker 4: M hm. Well, the one where you're standing in a line and going through like a gym class and everybody's spanking you. That's like team bonding. That's like a camaraderie versus going to the principal's office alone. I was to say, you.
Speaker 1: Stick your butt out, and so I, yeah, that is definitely weird, Neil, thank you very much. More emails on the Minnesota Goodbye. Let's go down to hold On. I'm skipping around a little bit here. Uh. This is really interesting. Uh Dave and the amazing morning show team, and we might take this one to the radio because it's really interesting. My name is Chris. I'm a longtime fan. I love listening to you guys in the morning, especially War of the Roses, as much as I love these often hilarious stories of stupid dudes cheating. I've recently become a little sad and frustrated here. I am a good guy who struggles to meet even just one special girl, and then I hear about these countless buffoons who not only have one good sounding girl who cares enough to call in, but then they have somehow convinced at least another girl to be with them. Maybe I'm old fashioned and that is why I'm so confused, but I think it's bonkers. But I could please use some good group therapy to figure out what I should be doing differently instead, SOS help. Thank you very much for your time and enjoy the day. That's from Chris, Chris. I would have to honestly, I would have to see you to see if your appearance is part of the problem. And that might sound harsh, but maybe, Chris, I know. For example, I went to do one of the gas stations the other day and the guy behind the counter was very unkempt, and he had great hair. He had thick, beautiful, great dark hair, but it was so just all over the place, and I almost wanted to say, like, man, you got great hair, but that would sound gay, you know what I mean. I'm joking. I'm joking. But maybe I don't know, Chris. Maybe it's a matter of like, maybe you need a good haircut, or maybe you're wearing clothes that you're comfortable in, but people look like you just came from the gym, or maybe you're really shy.
Speaker 3: I was going to go more into the confidence level.
Speaker 1: Why am I going to tell you this one? A good looking guy can be shy, rude, whatever, and women will still want to have sex with him.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've been that guy before. I've been shy, I've been like socially awkward, but I was cute and I didn't have any trouble finding a girlfriend. I think probably because I was on the radio. That helped too, because people thought that was cool back in the day.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, were you really not shy back then? Though, like Ice, you gained confidence. Probably you probably gained someone you like, got into radio realized, like you know, you're really good at it. So I feel like you probably gained some confidence which then infiltrated into your social personal life. So you probably were more confident than you remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Probably. I think my first girlfriend, we were equitable. We were both not terribly attractive. I had bad skin, she had bad skin. We both had goofy looking glasses, and so it was equitable. But Chris, I'm going to tell you this one, there is somebody out there for everybody. I think sometimes it's a matter of believing that you are worthy of meeting somebody. Yeah, I don't know. We should take that to the radio because I think that's really interesting. Jenny, I'm gonna forward that over to you, Okay.
Speaker 3: Send it over.
Speaker 4: I've heard that they say that like makeup for men is having a good haircut and like well landscaped facial hair and a nice outfit.
Speaker 1: That was kind of the guy at the gas station. He had just an unkempt long beard that you know, I mean, Andrew's got an attractive beard. Yeah, I'm you know, well camped trim the right way. So I don't know, I mean just you know, from men.
Speaker 3: I've never heard that, haven't. Oh no, but I agree because when Andrew and I dated back in the day when we were younger, he used to get like a buzz cut from his mom in their kitchen. And then when I like saw him for the first time again, like six years later, he started going to a barber and I was like, oh everything, hello, sir, Like I obviously used to be attracted attracted to him back then, Like that haircut completely changed them.
Speaker 4: It's like the Travis Kelce having like a nice haircut now instead of a buzz cut, and his beard is like nice. Where before you're like eh, But then like Travis Kelce with like the nice haircut in the little mustache, I'm like, oh, oh.
Speaker 1: Oh ok. I got a rant from Juanita, So if you will give me a second, I will set up all the equipment to feed it to the right channel. I got to push the right buttons to make this happen. Ya. So here comes Juanita, who is She's on pretty much every week with a weekly rant. Here it is if I push the right button.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, my favorite peeps. So this week's rant is about the way my husband eats. So me and my husband usually always eat together. The kids don't eat with us anymore, But the thing is with him, it takes them for fucking ever to eat anything. I don't care if it's steak of potatoes or cheese sticks. It takes them like five hours to complete a meal.
Speaker 1: What so hey, we didn't.
Speaker 2: Really want the you know, food food, so we had made us some little chicken nuggets. We just ate a little snacky snack. So I made us ten chicken nuggets a piece. The way my husband eats his chicken nuggets, say, is he takes one nugget, he dips it, he takes a bite, he puts it back down, He chews for about fifteen seconds. Then he picks the same nugget up again, dips it, and does this process at least three times with one nugget. Now by the time I get to by the time he gets to his third nugget, I've already wolfed down at least eight. But here's the part that pisses me off with him. So now he is down there, he's down the five nuggets and I'm already done. So he looks over at my empty plate, then he looks at me. Then he starts shaking like a dog left outside in the cold, as if he's afraid that I'm gonna eat him next, but kisses me off every time he fucking does that. Somebody canna takes you ten hours to eat ten chicken nuggets.
Speaker 1: Well that's my rant for this.
Speaker 2: By the way, Jenny Bailey, I still haven't forgotten about you, Bailey. I was gonna get a T shirt for you that says tripp it Ain't easy, and I was gonna get Genny one, but I can't think of anything that rhyme's with Andrew. So Jenny, tell Andrew, who's gonna come up with some kind of cool nickname or something. But I think I'm just gonna go a different route, So be on the lookout. Yeah, Okay, I love you guys, talk to you next week. Bye.
Speaker 1: Hey, we love you too. We're out of time, but we won't be able to comment on that one, but thank you one. Nita. There is no more trip, so don't don't get Bailey shirt so keep you got to workshop that. That's the MINNESOTEA Goodbye Ryan show at kadiwb dot com