Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you Piah right in the quizzer. I'm Manny Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there is smoke in the air in Colorado right now. It's hard to breathe.
Speaker 2: Not pleasant. No, a lighter note. Thanks to everyone who came out to our Zoom Trivia. It's nice to meet some new folks and see some old familiar faces.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: And our top three finishers were in third place. We're gonna pet that dog. Put the dog in second place. Very warm in Cleveland, oh toasty, and in first place. You don't play, she don't play. Thanks, thanks for being the hype man. So thanks everyone for coming out. We'll be coming back in September to do another zoom Trivia. This one's going to be on the first weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're traveling for work, so we won't be around for the thirteenth, but come on by for the.
Speaker 2: Sixth September, sixth noon Mountain Time Zoom Trivia.
Speaker 1: It's always fun, come on out.
Speaker 2: And that's the news. Here's the rules and then some trivia wiz quiz Bang Bang's format, it's four rounds of four questions each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clue to one final question, and that's how the show works. Here we go round one. Question one, the category is technology. News Corp purchased which social networking site for a paltry five hundred and eighty million dollars. Question two category Food and drink. This one comes from listener Major Data. Thank you, Major, thank You. Major Good Me and chaw Panda are both in top twenty largest fast food chains worldwide by number of locations. What type of product do these two specialize?
Speaker 1: In?
Speaker 2: Question three? Category film. In the twenty sixteen film The Hangover, what kind of pet did Mike Tyson keep? Question four Category literature, the Maltese Falcon introduced which pulp novel detective? And now for the answers to round one. Question one, News Corp Purchased which social networking site for a paltry five hundred and eighty million my space.
Speaker 1: Let's bring that back.
Speaker 2: From my understanding, it led the world in traffic until two thousand and nine to ten, and then Facebook took over. Question two. Good met and Choppanda are both in the top twenty for largest fast food chains worldwide. What type of product did they specialize in? Tea?
Speaker 1: I'd go there?
Speaker 2: Why isn't it good tea? And Chai Panda? Question three? In the twenty sixteen film To Hangover, what kind of did Mike Tyson keep a tiger? In Question four, the mall Teese Falcon introduced which pulp novel Detective Sam Spade?
Speaker 1: Round two? Question five The category is history. This question comes from listener Bobby. Thank you, Bobby, Hey you Bobby, who is the only former foreign head of state to have served in the US Congress. Question six, the category is anatomy within fifty approximately how many megapixels does a human I see if compared to a digital camera? Question seven. The category is art. The umbrella is an eighteen eighties painting by which French impressionist? Question eight the category is sports. Which Northern Irish golfer is a five time major champion and is the sixth man to achieve a modern career Grand Slam, as well as being the first European to do so. And now the answer is to round two. Question five, Who is the only former foreign head of state to have served in the US Congress? Sam Houston, who was President of Texas from eighteen thirty six to eighteen thirty eight and again from eighteen forty one to eighteen forty four.
Speaker 2: That was when Texas was not yet a part of the United States, and then it got annexed soon after and became a state, so he was technically president of a foreign state and then served in Congress. He was also at one time governor of Tennessee, and he was also governor of Texas at another point.
Speaker 1: He was busy, not to.
Speaker 2: Mention him being a senator from Texas and a member of the House of Representatives from Texas as well as a stint from Tennessee. So he was just wheeling and dealing in politics two different places. Where was he from? You guessed at Virginia?
Speaker 1: Of course? Question six within fifty approximately how many megapixels does a human I see if compared to a digital camera five hundred and seventy six, So We'll accept anything between five hundred and and a six hundred and twenty six. Question seven, The Umbrellas is an eighteen eighties painting by which French impressionist renoir. Question eight which Northern Irish golfer is a five time Major champion and is the sixth man to achieve a modern career Grand Slam, as well as being the first European to do so.
Speaker 2: Rory McIlroy, it's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is music. This one comes to us from Vincent from London. Thank you, Vincent, Thank you Vincent. We'll give you thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following name all five jack and five members and their manager. Your time starts now, and that's time.
Speaker 1: The five Jackson five and their manager are Michael, Marlon, Jermaine Tito and the one that no one gets is Jackie Jackson, Joe Jackson manage and ps. Randy doesn't count. Vincent. We tossed in the manager just so that we could have one extra person to make it a bang bang. The question was perfect as is. Thank you for sending it. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Cheers, Vincent. Round three. Question nine. The category is television. On Star Trek The Original series, what is Captain Kirk's middle name? Question ten? Category tasty lick. This one comes from listener May thank you, May, Thank you.
Speaker 1: May.
Speaker 2: A tasty lick is a before and after involving a band or musician and a food item. So, for example, if I said this chocolate confection, what have you living on a prayer? The answer would be Bond bon Jovi. Here we go. All this award winning singer wants for Christmas? Is this white wine? Grape variety from Germany used to make dry, sweet, and sparkling wines. Question eleven, Category space. Which astronaut was one of the first three astronauts to fly to and to orbit the Moon on Apollo eight, commanded Apollo thirteen and was portrayed by Tom Hanks in the movie Apollo thirteen. Question twelve, Category math. What does every odd number have in common when spelled out and now they answers to? Round three? Question nine On Star Trek The Original Series, What is Captain James T. Kirk's middle name? Tiberius? Question ten? All this award winning singer wants for Christmas? Is this white wine grape variety from Germany used to make dry, sweet, and sparkling wines. That would be Mariah Carey sling.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Question eleven. Which astronaut was one of the first three astronauts to fly to an orbit the moon on Apollo eight commanded Apollo thirteen and was portrayed by Tom Hanks in Apollo thirteen. That was the recently late Jim lovel.
Speaker 1: Pretty amazing life that he had, Yeah right.
Speaker 2: Question twelve. What does every odd number have in common? When spelled out the letter E? It appears at least once in every odd number.
Speaker 1: So if you have a friend you don't like, you can ask them what's the first odd number you can spell without the letter E?
Speaker 2: And then just watch or scare and wonder why you're friends with someone you don't like?
Speaker 1: Round four Question thirteen. The category is board games. This question comes from Brian the Language Guy.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian, Thank you Brian.
Speaker 1: In backgammon, what dice roll yields the smallest number of spaces to move? Question fourteen. The category is geography. Which capital that shares its name with its country lies about twelve miles inland from Italy's Adriatic coast. Question fifteen, the category is history. Who was supported back to Italy in nineteen thirty four after running pyramid schemes? Question sixteen? The category is opera? And what opera is? A girl nearly executed for a crime committed by the titular bird? And now the answer is to round four? Question thirteen and backgammon? What dice roll yields the smallest number of spaces to move? It's when you roll a one and a two, which lets you move for a total of three spaces. If you roll two ones, you would get four spaces, because rolling double gives you twice the number of moves.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Yeah, never learned how to play back game.
Speaker 1: Now, I've looked at a lot of boards. Question fourteen. Which capital that shares its name with his country lies about twelve miles inland from Italy's Adriatic coast, San Marino? Question fifteen, Who was deported back to Italy in nineteen thirty four after running pyramid schemes? Well, it seems like a hard question, but what's the other name for a pyramid scheme? Ponzi? It was Charles Ponzi in nineteen twenty Ponzi was sentenced to five years in federal prison and got released for three and a half years and was almost immediately indicted on twenty two state charges of larceny in nineteen twenty two, was found guilty at a third trial and was sentenced to an additional seven to nine years in prison as a common and notorious thief.
Speaker 2: He tried to get him dismissed for double jeopardy because he said it was the charges, but the first one was federal and those were state, and that's they got him, and he would have gotten life in prison if his wife hadn't convinced him to plead guilty. H apparently.
Speaker 1: Question sixteen in What Opera is a girl nearly executed for a crime committed by the titular bird the thieving Magpie by Rossini.
Speaker 2: That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week Big Bang Round is Religion. We'll give you three questions, the answers of which are all clues to the final question. Keep in mind the clue questions may not be from the same category. Question one, which Joss Wheden TV series earned an Emmy nomination in two thousand for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series.
Speaker 1: Question two, which twenty fifteen fantasy romance novel, follows the journey of nineteen year old Farah Archeron after she's brought into the fairylands of Prithian.
Speaker 2: Question three, which tear jerking song written in nineteen ninety seven, has become notable for being featured in television commercials for the ASPCA.
Speaker 1: And Your Big Bang Question, Who is the Most Mentioned Female in the Bible?
Speaker 2: And Now the Answers to the Big Bang? Question one, which Joss Whedon TV series earned an Emmy nomination in two thousand for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Speaker 1: Question two, which twenty fifteen fantasy romance novel, follows the journey of nineteen year old Farah after she's brought to the land of the Fairies a court of Thorns n' roses.
Speaker 2: Question three, which tear jerking song written in nineteen ninety seven, has become notable for being featured in television commercials for the ASPCA, Angel sometimes called in the Arms of an Angel, That's.
Speaker 1: Just Angel, and Your Big Bang Question, Who is the most Mentioned female in the Bible. The name of the actress who played Buffy, the author who wrote A Court of Thorns and Roses, and the singer of Angel. It's Sarah, Sarah being the wife of Abraham.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sarah mass for the Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah McLaughlin for Angel, and Sarah Michelle Geller who played Buffy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just finished A Court of Thorns and Roses because I was like, I like to read books that have, you know, gone super popular, and I didn't read anything about it before I started it, and I'm just like, this is this is just Beauty and the Beast with fairies.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: This is what this is because there's so many similarities. Because in the if you ever have read the original Beauty and the Beast, not just seeing the Disney movie, she has a couple of sisters in it who aren't very nice to her. So it starts out with her and her dad or sisters who aren't very nice, and then this beast like creature takes her away to a castle and she's trapped there and she's supposed to say I love you to him, and like all this stuff, and I'm like, how is this possible? And then like I googled it because I was like what, and it's a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I'm like, oh, okay, because you know that's a thing that happens, and I'm like, okay, I'm glad that like it's said, you know, like not just a ripoff where it's like, no, this is original.
Speaker 2: I wonder if her later books are her later.
Speaker 1: Books do seem to be original because I haven't read them, and I probably won't, like not to be insulting to the author or anything, but I was just like, I'm just gonna read the recaps, and they did seem like they were original plot and original stories and weren't like all just retelling of different fairy tales or anything.
Speaker 2: In book two, she befriends an ugly gosling.
Speaker 1: Who turns out to be beautiful. But that's interesting about Sarah being the most in the Bible you think would be like the Virgin, Mary, Magdalene, or Eve, you know, like those are I feel like if you ask people to name women from the Bible, those would be like three of the first to pop up.
Speaker 2: Well esther comes in second. She has her own book yes, so yeah, pretty interesting. But thank you guys for listening and if you'd like to support us, you can always buy us at Coffee A little tip keep us going at ko dash fi dot com slash quiz bang Pod, where you could join our Patreon at patreon dot com slash quiz bang and for even a dollar a month you could add free episodes and if you do five dollars a month, you get a free extraisode one some month. Theme last month was Dina Songs. But otherwise, hope you all are doing well and thank you again for listening and for this episode of quiz quiz Bang Bang.
Speaker 1: I have been David Flora, I have been any Flora.
Speaker 2: Here's looking at you, quiz
Speaker 1: H