Speaker 1: Welcome to Shine Delusion Shine, the radical art of dreaming beyond boundaries. I am Vicky Todd, and together with doctor Pat we will learn to push the boundaries of our minds, to think delusionally, and create fertile ground for our big dreams to seed, grow, and manifest. Each episode, we will gain more ability to think delusionally and cultivate beyond boundaries, faith that we can accomplish dreams which seem unreachable. Shine Delusion Shine is a springboard to believing, dreaming and thinking beyond the ordinary, and a catalyst to living a more fulfilling, destiny driven life. You were born with dreams, gifts, and talents you are meant to use to make this world brighter. Let your delusional dreams shine. It all starts now.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, I'm doctor Pat. Thank you for joining us on the show because this is a really important show. It's extremely important in a lot of different ways. I talked the other day about the influence doctor Gene Houston had on me very early in my career, and so early that I attended one of the first workshops she's ever done on leadership, and had it not been for that ten day event with her which I was not going to go to, which me enabled. She enabled me to go to it. Without the full charge of it, I don't think i'd be here today. Vicky Todd is going to share with you how that dynamic energy works. What does it mean when seeds get planted? What if you're in the middle of a life transition, what if you don't know you are today? Is called feel the shift because whether you can cognitively think about it, whether you can psychologically literally explain it, there's something that's going on inside of you that's calling you forward. Are you ready to honor it? Like Vicky Todd is doing. VICKI, what a great topic, what a great show.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you well, you know, as a memoir artist, this topic came out of something that happened a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I would share it. But to start off, the painting behind me is called Inner Beauty Blooming. And this is the first memoir art, you know, visual memoir painting that I had done in two thousand and one, when I was smack dab in the middle of a major life shift and so I was two years divorced, had also begun my doctoral program at the same time. So two years into that and I was two years away from graduation, had no idea at the time where I would go, what my life was going to look like. All I knew was after graduation, you have to move. You can't stay here. And oh. I did not receive super support from my family. My mom literally looked at me when I finally came to the point where I said I'm gonna move out of Texas and she literally said, you must not love us anymore. And it was like a dagger to my heart, you know, pull that one out. My dad was very heavy into his alcoholism at the time, and he in a loving way, but you know, it was just not the right solution. He you know, in his Texas accent, and he was really drunk at that time, and he just slurred out, oh, well, you don't have to do this, VICKI stay here. I'll take care of you. I appreciate that, Dad, but you know, that's not the solution. And my brother also said, you know, you really took the wind out of Daddy's sales, and he said that you're moving out of state. Excuse me. So for me at that time, right in the middle of that transition, it was so itchy and scratchy, and I didn't there were so many question marks, and I didn't know the answers. But all I knew was you cannot stay here and you cannot go back. So a couple of weeks ago, you know, it was one of those nights when you're in a deep sleep, just dead sleep, and you wake up and you're wide away. And usually in those times, not every time, but I find that usually in those times, somebody out there wants to say something, you know, God, Universe, an ancestor or something. And so I sat up in bed and just listened. And what I heard so clearly in my mind was your life is evolving again. You cannot go back. And that's all I heard. And I sat there and thought about it, and I thought, oh my gosh, you were back in this inner, beauty, blooming transition again. So I think that is so awesome. When God the Universe prepares us, you know, the first one was in two thousand and one, and here we are in twenty twenty six, prepares us through previous transitions, through previous experiences that we can draw upon and use that experience in wisdom.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, yeah, but you know, before the break, excuse me, before we came on, I commented you on your new book, your upcoming book, and I really wanted to point out to you the courage. See, you know, we don't talk about that a lot, but the courage it takes to really step fully into oneself. Now, when my dad did that to me about moving to Florida, I looked at my dad and I said, the reality is, I'll always love you, but I do not like Florida. End of the story, not going. Nothing you can do. I'm a New York girl. It ain't happen any dad, and he just laughed. But those moments are what I call speak out moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Writing a book is a gigantic speakout moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I thank you for saying that, because there were many times over the past year, and you know, now into a few months that I thought, Wow, you're really exposing yourself with some things. You know, some things about me personally. Because I always had alcohol issues as well, I think that I could have gone down the same path as my dad, and thank God, by the grace of God, I have not done that. But I thought, wow, you know, you're telling things that do you really want people to know that about you. But I thought, you know what this is the whole thing has meant to help people. You know, it's hard to call my mom an abuser. That's a hard word for me to say that. You know, she was emotionally and verbally abusing me during some of these times. And so but you know, if I don't speak it out and it's not in the book, then the book is not going to have the power to reach out and help others. So it does take courage to do that, and it takes a lot of vulnerability to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. And you know part of this too is the energy of showing up the way you're showing up to day, not just through the book. I mean you show up from the first time we did our first show together. I love that breakthrough show because what we did was I said to you, Vicky, won't you come on and like paint during the show?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that I was in the books because I said, I literally said, because it really shook me when you said, you know, why don't you do something live with artwork live on the show? And I literally said, hell, no, I know. And then I think it was Linda said maybe you should check why you have such a strong reaction to this. And I was like, Okay, you're right, but you know, it was my fear, like, oh my god, you're going to look like a fraud. You can't paint in front of people because I'd never done that before. But I did it, and guess what, it was great.
Speaker 2: We had a blast. I mean, and that talks to what you're talking about here about spiders. Now, spider happens to be one of my totem, but until I prepared for this show, I had no idea what you're about to share with people.
Speaker 1: Well, I've heard that most spiders are, you know, with all their eyes, they are basically blind. So you know, like, why do we have all these eyes if you're blind? But basically, you know, all the hair on their legs and body, that's what they used to feel vibrations in their web And I thought, this is exactly the same things when they're in the middle of a life transition, you're basically blind. You know, the future is fuzzy, it's fogged over. You can't see the specifics of where you're going, how to get there, what's going to happen along the way, And after you pass that mark, and so we really have to be like that spider and feel out, you know, be very perceptive to our intuition. You know, what is God, the universe or higher power trying to tell us, because that's such valuable information and it's small, quiet voice information, it's not shouting at you information. And to allow that to break through all the loud outside voices, that is such a huge tool to use to make your way through the next part of this transition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, let's go through this because you know, part of the conversation today and part of the message today is really to look at what happens when we do have that spider courage, when we do have the tentacles or they probably not call that, but when we do have the sensitivity to feel the vibrations. You know, spiders rely on that for clarity. Then they have to decide, am I going to move forward and get that little fly?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You understand what I'm saying. Yeah, And if I don't, the consequences I'm basically not going to live. So talk about this in terms of your journey with the book.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I love this analogy because and I've been reading a lot you know, with we're in the fire horse here, we just solstice. I keep seeing these things about certain timelines that started like in twenty twenty or twenty eighteen, that are ending now. And I read one beautiful thing. I was like, yes, it said, you are in the place where in your adult life the most difficult emotional trials have now passed. Oh really, Oh great. I'm not quite seeing the outcome of that on the other side. But this is part of this transition. And so I keep reading that all of this energy is asking us to participate in some way toward pulling our dreams in And like you said, you know, confidence, creativity, clarity, all that happens when we start, you know, using our spidy sense and using that vibration, that intuition to take the next step, the next movement. And it doesn't have to be this huge life changing leap, you know, just a huge, huge leap into the unknown. It could be one small step. But I also read yesterday it could just be as simple as creating space in your mind to say, I am sensing that a transition is here, something big is coming, My life is evolving. I cannot go back, So I'm going to create space in my mind to say I welcome you. I'm preparing space for you. I don't know who you are yet or what this is going to be, but you are welcome and I love that so much. So, you know, just taking the participation thing in saying I'm not going to be like a spider and just say, oh, something's going on. And they don't just sit there like you said, you know, they go to that fly and wrap them up and oh, there's my lunch. But how can we say I feel this very intently, I'm sensing it very intently. What's a good step that I can take and that is going to help us to move forward?
Speaker 2: And you know, part of this, though, is the reason that's become so authentic, Vicky, is because what you're talking about you're going through. And I think this is the most important part when we talk about leadership, when we talk about how to influence others. You know, it's extremely difficult sometimes to really talk to an audience when you haven't been to that place yourself. But not only are you writing the book, not only are you passing through your fears, but as the artwork or a piece of art behind you in the show, what you're doing is demonstrating that it isn't the fear that stops us, it's the shadow sense of who we're afraid to become. Yeah, and not know or trust that it's going to be amazing and magnificent. And you set it up right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh I love that. It is so true. And you know part of this is for me. I can be very type a personality, and I've gotten much better. You know, I'm going through this journey of life. But you know, I was having an interview with a writing mentor the other day about the book, and you know, one of the big question marks that's driving me crazy because the first thing everybody asks, oh, is it going to be published? I don't know yet, sometime in the fall, and so you know she's going to wait to hear from me to post this interview. But afterward it was just she and I went on one and she started naming out because she used toill live here in Santa Fe, and she said, you should try here and here and here when the book is published, to go you know book book talks, you know, scheduled book talks. And it kind of made me lift my head up. You know, if I've had my nose to the grindstone, and you know, on kind of this fear thought of oh my gosh, how is this going to work out? And she kind of made me lift my head up and say, oh, there is life after this, and it will come eventually. But the caveat here, especially for type A people like me, I cannot get into that thing of striving, striving, striving that I'm going to force this to happen and take all of these actions and get out of alignment with my higher power. And I call that baby Bear Porridge. Remember the three bears. One was too old, one was too hot, baby Bear Porridge was just right. And so I think that, you know, God, Universe is wanting us to take this action, but it has to be aligned, you know, with our divine purpose, aligned to our higher power, and not just be doing stuff just for the heck of it. That I'm going to force this in. And so that is a lesson that I have learned, and I hope I'm getting better at that. Because if you strive, strive, strive, and keep doing all these things that are not the right path, it's not the right focus. You're wasting your energy, you're wasting your time, and I truly believe that sometimes God the universe will say, oh, you think you got this, I'm gonna sit back and let you take it. I don't want that. I want the supernatural favor and health. So baby Bear Porridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, there's one thing I want you to talk about regarding this journey, and it's something I shared with you before the show about myself and what I'm going to change personally for me. And I think you talk about speak out and call in supernatural favor. I think that's one of the things you say this in the show today. But what I'm strapped by for myself and I'm getting ready to unleash an article about something that I've observed which I've been very quiet about, and the consequences of not speaking out or sharing a story for me personally in the role I'm in in this lifetime, it's actually an injustice to the people that really need our help. So underneath all of this, what you're serving up is an actor. You're serving up a remedy for people that may not know what to do next. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, you know we have talked about that. You have to speak it out. Loud to call things in. Yes. The other day I heard a different angle on that that just really stopped me in my tracks because it said, if you stay silent, you're basically surrendering your dream, and not in a good way surrender, but basically you're giving up on it. So yemp, I don't need it. It's dead. So I think that it is so important even if we can't see the outcome, it's still fuzzy, is still vague. Say you know what, God, Universe, this is what I've heard you say to me. You know, this is part of my destiny project to write this book. It's a legacy project for me. I have no idea where we're going with this, but I can sense, I can feel that you're doing something new, God, and so I am making room for that. And so my prayer is, thank you God, you are breathing on my book. You are multiplying it just like those loaves and fishes and using it to feed the world. I don't know how that's what that's gonna be yet, but that's not up to me. The how is up to God. And also, when you face these really big, seemingly big mountains in your path along this transition. Thank you for turning this huge seaming mountain into a flat, easy molehill. And so just taking the process of saying that out loud and thanking God, thinking the universe along the way. That's not super specific. You know, use whatever He's planted in your heart and use those specifics, but you know, just speaking that out loud over and over and praising along with it. You know, I've heard when you praise, your raise and you can play and you remain and we want to move forward. And so I am seeing because I've gotten so much better at this in the past few years. And so in this process, when it's so uncertain, it's so vague, and I have all these question marks, I'm getting really like nervous about everything. When I stop and start that process of thinking, repeating, praising, that has helped move me forward.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so interesting they're talking about that, because what you're doing is we're going to talk about plant the seed for someone else to help your dream move forward. I love this because I don't know about you, but first half of my life was the only thing I'm going to say is just not going to be really anything any better. I wants to hear and certainly it's not going to be like kind enough to really transform anything. But I learned from that, and alcoholism is part of my journey, not anymore. But what I love about this is I love planting seeds to help other people create their vision. I didn't know that that that's what. Okay, some people have these lofty goals. I'm going to be a best So I'm a seed planner and I didn't know that that's maybe not it's going to be on my tombstone. That's the seed plan She was a common seed planner because seed planners go humbly about their business. Think about it. The people that plant the seeds hardly get noticed in the crop, you understand.
Speaker 1: Well, I kind of think of it like teaching, you know, Oh yeah it was. I talked for seventeen years and it was rare for a student to come to me and say, you know what, you really changed my life because of blah blah blah. You know. So it's kind of like you keep putting it out and you may not hear back from it, but it is so important to plant that seed.
Speaker 2: It's a part of that Well, you just did it. I mean, you had an experience he reached out to somebody on social media.
Speaker 1: So much God, so it was so specific, and so this is why I wanted to share it. But this is a karmic thing. It's a cosmic thing, is actually a scriptural thing that when you plant a seed for someone else and help them fulfill their dream, that is giving you more power behind your dreams, more favor or more resources, more oomph. And so I was looking through Facebook one day, and this was very recently, and I saw this lady who she's an acquaintance. You know, we here friends on Facebook, but I really don't know her. And she has also just written a book and hers is already published, and she was saying in a post that she would love to get it into somebody's hands in Hollywood, so it would go beyond the pages and on the screen. And you know, that's one of my dreams that I've mentioned. I've heard of this company called Voyage Media. Their whole thing is looking for stories outside the Hollywood bubble. And I thought, well you should I well, I didn't think it. I heard in my mind very clearly tell her about Voyage Media. And of course, the first thing that came to my mind was the fear ego, No, you can't do that, that's your dream. Why would you go tell her? And I thought, delete that, because you know, it's not a competition thing, right, And so I messaged her and I said, well, I've heard of this company and I'm thinking about doing it when my book is published and I get my copyright, and so I just through it out there. I think that she thought I was a little bit strange because we don't know each other that well. But I have no idea what she did with that information. That doesn't matter what when you plant the seed, it doesn't matter what they do with it. It's the thing that you planted the seed. And followed that intuition. Well, literally two or three days later, two super things happened. One, I got the finalized visual of the book cover for my book, because we had been going through, you know, various different tweaks and edits with that and I finally got the one and I was like, yes, that is it. And then I got literally a letter from the editor from the lady who's editing my book, and my publisher actually said we don't usually do this, but in your case, you know, since my book is a little bit different that it goes from reality information to you know, ancestral kind of mystical world. And so this lady, who I've never met before editor sent me this two and a half page beautiful letter. What she described is exactly what I had heard in my mind via my intuition from my higher power. They will not change the substance of your book. That is solid, that is great. It's only only going to be surface level changes punctuation, formatting. And I was like, whoa god is getting.
Speaker 2: That's unheard of. That's actually unheard of. I mean I understand, yeah, because you submitted a manuscript.
Speaker 1: It was eighty thousand pages plus.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to say. It's like usually when that happens, they say, oh honey, you need an editor. I mean, honestly, that's I know the process really well. Because they lost me at the editor part. I was like, no, I'm not doing it. Yeah, I never finished the book, but I was just like, I can't go through it, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm supposed to get the edits today or tomorrow, and so now I'm like kind of excited to see him. And I met with my publisher yesterday and she actually said, it's going to be easier than what you think, VICKI. And that's the next thing that I've been hearing from my intuition. It's going to be easier and quicker than you think. So that mountain is becoming the molehill. And so that's the process of Okay, God, this is what you said. Thank you that you said that, this is what I'm expecting, think you, thank you, thank you, and saying it out loud, and it is freaking manifesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I want you to talk about the rest of this, especially the cover because we went through this with one of our hosts which I won't name. Book is fabulous, but the battle to get what she wanted on the cover, even the title of the book, it was a battle. And the straw that broke all of our backs was when they put this amazing book into audio form and wouldn't let her use her voice. And oh my gosh, you should hear the audio. And I'm not going to mention who the book is. Because the book is phenomenal. We help her get into the bestsellers list. However, the battle to get it there. We all looked at each other and said, now we know how to negotiate contracts with publishers. But think about this. You are in an artists. Can you imagine them saying to you, no way, honey, we're going to use anything you do.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I would be like bye, see yah for me, because you know I do It's not this painting, but I do have, you know, a painting that's on the cover and the title. You know, we kind of went back and forth with it, but it's something that I'm very comfortable with. And I can't believe he said the audiobook, because when I met with my publisher yesterday, she said, you know, you could do an audio book, and so she is going to check around Santa Fe, Albuquerque to see what studios there are and get a price quote exactly.
Speaker 2: But can you imagine? I mean, this is like even my co host for Tonight, who is you know, a world renowned for what he does, didn't get to do the book in his voice. Now, these people took it into their own hands. They did their own version of the audio book and did it without violating contract. But your story isn't about that. Your story is about publishers that don't usually do this, and they did it because of what you called.
Speaker 1: In yes, And the reason that I'm with this publisher was also another one of those seemingly oh, that's just a coincidence, but we both know it's not. It was a divinely led thing because I went to via zoom, a writing workshop and one day workshop with my writing mentor, and I was the only one who showed up. It was me and the mentor all day, and so we had time to talk and she said, have you found a publisher yet? And I said no, And she said, have you thought about this person? Go check them out? And that's the reason I have my publisher. And we have just really yelled. And so that's that spidey sense of using your intuition, tapping into it and saying is this the right person for me? Yes it is, or no it's not, and going with that.
Speaker 2: You know, I wish the world would get the message about intuition, now, do you know what I mean? Yeah, we talk about it. I think this is even like a movie coming out called Lucky. I don't even know what that's about, but we talk about it, right, and yet we don't recognize how often we rely on it and don't give it any credit.
Speaker 1: And you can't use your rational mind because intuition tied to your higher power usually is not going to make sense to the rational mind. And I think that's what's really hard for some people, is well, no, that can never happen. Maybe it could, so check into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is a great show. I want to know what you're closing messages. It's more to come from you. We're not done with this. Oh what do you want to leave us with? Here? Because it pains me to see dreams untouched. I've had more calls this week with people that were afraid to take the next step, and of course where I sit, I don't encourage them to do that in the role I have with them, but it hurts my heart because I know what could happen. How do you want to leave us today?
Speaker 1: My main message because I'm right here with you. Whoever is out there listening, I'm right here with you. I am in the middle of this fuzzy, foggy transition. It drives me crazy to have so many question marks around me, and I've been through a cycle of emotions with this whole process. Do not give up in the middle. You're in the middle of a miracle and So if you really open up your mind, your heart, your spirit and hear that intuition tapping into your higher power, you're going to figure out. Maybe it's a little step by little step, but you're going to figure it out. So do not give up, because your dream needs to grow. We need what you have to offer.
Speaker 2: I love it, Thank you so much. How do people find out about you? Vicky?
Speaker 1: My book website is Shinehappy Shine dot com. You can go sign up for my email lists to learn about the publication date. I have an art raffle going. Art website is Vickiworld Art dot com. I'm on Facebook and Instagram at Vikiworld Art. I love it.
Speaker 2: For those of you out there, Vicky and I are here because we did understand the power planting a seed, but we also now understand the power of harvesting fun that seed. We'll see you all next time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you for listening to Shine, Delusion, Shine the Radical art of Dreaming beyond boundaries. I am Vicki Todd with doctor Pat Tune in with us each fourth Thursday at eleven am Pacific on Transformation Talk Radio for more simple, repeatable habits to identify the dreams, gifts, and talents you were born with. Expand your mind and believe your dreams can become a reality. We invite you to tap into the flow of the delusional realm with us to make this world brighter. For more information on living a more fulfilling, destiny driven life, and to connect with Mevius it Vicki worldart dot com.