Speaker 1: Right now. I have tears in my eyes, not because of the dog Josie, but because we were talking about movies scenes that made you cry, and I watched that when she Loved Me with Jesse, the cowgirl from Toy Story two, and how they were so happy when they were together, and then the girl grew up and put her in the donation box, and Jesse's looking through the whole of the donation boxes. They drive bug. What toy? Here's a question for you. What toy did you have as a kid that you had everywhere and you abandoned it? Finally, I would say mine was a tiger. I got him for probably my third or fourth or fifth birthday, and I carried him everywhere, and I don't know, eventually, you know, you turn ten or eight or whenever, you give him up and you stick them in the closet. Eventually mom throws it away. Do you have one?
Speaker 2: I had two different dollies and they were both magic bottle babies.
Speaker 3: And I had two.
Speaker 2: One was called Dolly and one was called Penny. And I carry them around everywhere and I loved them so much. They're still at my mom's house.
Speaker 1: Oh, they still were there.
Speaker 2: They're in a little drawer because I can't get rid of that. Oh, I'm never going to get rid of them.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good idea to hang on to things like that. Jenny, what about you? What did you cling to when you were a kid?
Speaker 4: I had a blankye. So my blanky went with me everywhere.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 4: I mean I had plenty of toys, but I was a mess if I didn't have my blanky.
Speaker 1: I feel you there, can I tell you. I don't think I've ever shared this story, and Carson wouldn't like it, but I'm going to tell you anyway. Carson when he was born got a blue blanket from the old receptionist Kim, that worked at the radio station. And Kim and I are still friends, but all those years ago, twenty four years ago, she bought him a blue blanket, baby blanket. He slept with that every day, took it to college, would come downstairs on Saturday mornings with it. It was his blue blankie. When he went on tour with Love in China, he took it everywhere he took he went, that blue blanky. It took that blue blanky and we had to replace the satin along the rim, the d couple of times, and he would just stroke and play with that satin until he would wear it out. And I remember one time we lost it at the Denver Airport and we found it and we were so upset. Well, in China last fall, he forgot it in a hotel room. Oh no, and he lost his blue blanky twenty three years Yeah, lost it forever, and it just made him so sad because that was his blue blanket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's his thing.
Speaker 1: And I said, can I get you another one? And he's like, well, of course not, because it doesn't have the same Yes, even though it would feel and look the same, it wouldn't be the same. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's weird at all, because I had blankies like all throughout time and going to a hotel room like you look, you're on the ground looking under the bed because you've got to make sure that you have your blanky with you.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just so surprised and puzzled, like, why didn't you make sure you had it? You must have left it in the bed. He did leave it in a hotel room in Boston one time, because that's where he went to college. We came to visit he stayed with us, left it in the hotel room and they couldn't find it. And then they called a week later and said, oh, it came back with the laundry. Oh yeah, so they sent it out to be washed and it came back like what's this blue blanket? Oh somebody's missing this. Yeah, all right, moving on here, Dave and Carew. I know you think it's another Tuesday, but for those of us lucky enough to live way down yonder in Nolins, we know it's Marti Graff, and so in honor of the day the best radio crew in the nation, I raised my chalice to toast to your health and happiness. Let the good times roll. I look forward to meeting you in August to the Minnesota State Fair. And answer to your question, how did I find you? Guys? I found you through your War the Roses podcast on Ihearten thought you were entertaining enough to try the full show that was back before Fallon moved to the afternoon. Now you are my favorite radio show. Thank you, Dave, Jenny Bailey and vont I love that.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: It's so flattering when somebody who doesn't live here finds our show and listens to it.
Speaker 2: I wonder what she looked up to find War of the Roses in the first place, like cheating scandals.
Speaker 1: That's that's a really good question. I don't know. By the way, it's Robert, so sorry, Robert says Dart lick rinse repeat, very clever. Thank you, Robert. Love that you listen in Nolin.
Speaker 3: Hell up, how you found us?
Speaker 1: Amanda writes in Dr Crew. By the way, the email address is still Ryan Show at katiewb dot comed. If we read your email and you're a first time writer, I will send you a staff writer sticker. So send in your email with your address. On Monday show, you're talking about the Academy Awards and the film and Nora, my cousin born and raised in Minnesota, is one of the producers for that movie. It was cool for our family to see a project she worked on win an oscar. I had to share that because we're all so proud of her. No shit, Yeah, that's all Dart Liquors. Have a great week from Amanda. The funny thing is about a producer. You don't know what that means. It's an all encompassing word. That means I either put up some money for it, or I worked on it, or I donated some time. So producer because if you watch a show, depending on the show, there'll be associate producer, assistant producer, producer, executive producer, and I don't know, they're an all encompassing word that doesn't fit into one thing specific like director, sound lighting.
Speaker 3: Tatering, what's got to be done, like whatever has to be.
Speaker 1: Done, like securing the money. If you secure the money, you're a producer. All right, that's cool, A man, thank you, Good afternoon, Ryan's Show team. Oh check this out. Our company is throwing a super fun party to celebrate in Minneapolis being featured and in the spotlight of Love Is Blind. Season is currently airing with a finale on Friday. Our company was the designer of the wedding episodes, so we have plenty of fun things to share as well. Our event is taking place this Friday at Machine Shop and is going to feature finale screening, food, drinks, amazing local companies, cast members, and a truly celebrate the spirit of our city and the community coming together to showcase all that we have to offer. It'd be great to have you as part of this community centric event. I would like to see if your show would like to have us on to talk about the event, share some fun insights on what it's like to work on such a high production show. Minneapolis buzzing about Love is Blind already? What do you think? Leave it up to you guys. I don't watch it.
Speaker 4: Yeah we can. We can chat with them and see what exactly they have to tell us. But are we getting an invite to this party too? Or is that where we were getting to you? Because that's what I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say yeah. If they're going to say we want to be on the radio to plug our event, but you guys aren't invited, then the answer is no. But I forwarded you the email and you can talk to them. I don't watch the show. I'm not ashamed of watching not watching the show. I don't care about the show. But I know that the show is a big, big deal. So if you guys want to do something with it and have them on to talk about it, yeah, sure, cool. But I think it should be a community event, like everybody is invited, not just by invite only. I don't know. Leave it up to you guys to figure it out. Next one you're ready for Juanita. Yep, okay, here comes Juanita.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I got to push a couple of buttons here to get it rolling correctly. And I got to push that and utility and queue and on, and then I got to turn it up and push Q again and here comes Juanita's weekly rand.
Speaker 5: Hey, yo, I know I don't usually do two ran week.
Speaker 1: I know what's happening. There's hold on, there's a YouTube open, and I got to close it, so give me a second. How you guys doing You're doing good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good. I'm looking at this event invite.
Speaker 3: I literally wrote it on my planer just for let's see.
Speaker 4: How much tickets are General admission tickets to this event that we were just talking about for the final screening is thirty five dollars, just in case anyone's interested.
Speaker 1: Oh so there's a it's a paid admission.
Speaker 4: It's this Friday, This Friday at the machine.
Speaker 1: Check it out. It might be worth, you know, giving them a plug. So all right, here we go with one need.
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all, I know I don't usually do two rants in a week, but this one just happened to me last night. And if fucker pissed me off. So I have this particular relative that comes up here and visits me every once in a while from Millanois. As soon as they walk in, as soon as she walks in the house, the first thing she says is, oh, y'all got this big old house and all these cars and blah blah, you're just bougie. No bitch, I'm not fucking boogie. I just get up and go to work. You can have the same shit if you actually got your fat ass up and with the works that are sitting around waiting on a handout and getting free shit and getting government assistantoom. So then they want to call me boogie in all this kind of stuff, and then they leave. But then two weeks later, after they get home, then she'll call me and say, you think I can borrow five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Hell, no, bitch.
Speaker 1: First of all, learn the word borrow.
Speaker 5: When you borrow something, that means that you have intent on giving it back. But if you don't have a job, how the fuck you think you're gonna get my money back. Second of all, why do you want my boogie money? You could do this, You could have the same thing like I said, if you just actually got your fat ass up and went to work. But no, hell, I get up every day, every single day, work ten hours a day. Both of my knees hurt, my back hurt. If I turn my head to the right too hard, my eyeballs go cross, and if I sneeze, I fucking fart and piss on myself. But I still get up and go to work every day. Nothing is stopping you from going to work, So stop fucking asking me for my boogie money, lazy bitch. Well that's my rant for this week. I hurt you guys, might.
Speaker 1: Be my favorite one. It's fresh and she's.
Speaker 4: Pent up anger in there. That one do you know just released? I love it?
Speaker 1: Wow, that was you know what that the passion. The passion was just over the top and I love that. That's so funny. All right, Uh, this is an interesting one. Stephanie writes in and she says, remember when day they saw somebody puking out the side of their window. After the Vikings game. We were like walking to our car one of the last Vikings games of the season. We're right by the stadium and there's a guy in a truck at a stoplighter in traffic and he leans out the window his truck and he pukes several times, and I'm like, should I go tell somebody? And I went to look for a cop and somebody yells like, not to me, but in general, don't be a snitch. And I thought f that they could kill some woman pushing a stroller or some fourteen year old that's you know, like crossing the street or whatever. Yeah, and so I hate a drunk driver. I honestly think they should get If you are a drunk driver and you kill somebody, you should get an arm cut off, And if you do it again, you get both arms cut off. Well then everybody's gonna know that you were a drunk driver and killed somebody. But you also can't fucking drive anymore. So I think a drunk driver that kills somebody should get one arm cut off. Gee, Chloe, how'd you get your arm cut off? Well? I killed somebody driving drunk. Oh well you're a shit person, Chloe. Yeah, you should live with that. So anyway, I went to find the cops and I couldn't find him. So here's what happened. This just happened on my neighborhood street. Somebody was vomiting at the driver window and they're the only one in the car. It's eleven o'clock in the neighborhood. They did not look sober, and I'm super pissed. I called nine one one, two cops show up. They they said, she goes, not on my watch if someone's coming my neighborhood, trash the place with vomit and cause an accident. I have kids, be a snitch, save a life. And she shows pictures of this guy and he's got the door open, puking out the side, and then the next picture is the cops and they got him in handcuffs. Good. Yeah, you know what. I applaud that people like, don't be a snitch. No fuck that. I hope that the person that you decided not to snitch on doesn't kill your daughter or your brother. So, uh, next one, No, not that one and not And I think, honestly, I think that might be it. Okay, that is Yeah, that looks like it's And I'm gonna scroll down a little bit because I could be wrong. Let's see. Okay, here's one Dave Ryan Crewe. I had some thoughts on Dave's opinion on babies on planes, I'm flying with my toddler next week for the first time in extremely anxious Dave's comments did not ease my mind. I'm flying coach, but if I could get first class with my baby, I think I would as long as I pay for my seat and my toddler seat. Why shouldn't I get to sit there? Maybe the fair compromise is no lap children babies under two don't pay for a seat and sit on parents lap. I'm worried about having my kids on the plane and people getting mad at me. We will be coached, so hopefully they're more understanding. If my sweet girl starts crying. Thanks for all you do. Love you all in the show, Kelsey, I'm gonna tell you, if your baby cries on the plane, people are annoyed, but they're not mad. If they get mad, they're an awful person. I think the only person that would be like, ah, shut that baby up would be the person who doesn't have kids. Yes, the one who wants the baby to stop crying the most is the mama or the daddy or whoever's holding the baby. And babies will cry sometimes on the airplanes, and sometimes they'll sleep the entire flight, but a good person will be like God, that poor woman her baby will not stop crying, rather than God, shut that kid up.
Speaker 2: It's easier said than done. I always think of like what my ears do on a plane. I can imagine a baby's ears are doing the same thing, which can be terrifying.
Speaker 1: Well, bring the baby some Bubblelicious. You take some bubble Licious on the airplane. They still make Bubbleicious.
Speaker 2: I think it's pink. It comes in a pink package. Yeah do they Yeah? And then sometimes it's like a tape that's rolled up.
Speaker 1: No, that's bubble tape. That's that's bubble tape. Okay, well that's stupid. Remember the one they were called. They're called Bubb's Daddy. They were like a yard long stick of gum.
Speaker 3: No, I don't remember your old timey gum.
Speaker 1: Look it up and see bubbs b u b s Daddy, Bubbs Daddy, and see if they still make it something. I bet they still do. It sounds like a porno.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do they still make Bubbs Daddy. Bubble Gum, super Bubble the original blah blah blah. It's available in its original flavors grape apple and watermelon.
Speaker 1: Oh really it is is it a long stick like a yard long or like two feet long?
Speaker 3: Oh no, this isn't what I no, no.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's not that important. That's okay.
Speaker 2: You can cut them into little tiny pieces now and sell it as single single.
Speaker 1: Zuka Joe was shit gum. Am I right about it. It was Bazuka Joe had the comic in there, but it was shit hard as a brick.
Speaker 4: It was always really hard. When I think of gum, I always think a big red and I associate it with older men chewing big red. Why because my dad always had it and he's still to this day. It's like his favorite kind of gum. And I feel like most people do not reach for big red and when they think of gum because they want something that's like minty fresh. Yeah, if they're chewing it for the purpose of like well, I guess people chew gum just to like chew it, but like in terms of a flame, most people don't do big Red, except for I feel like older men.
Speaker 2: I remember in school, Jenny, you probably did this too with big Red. You would chew it and then you would lick the wrapper and stick it on your forehead.
Speaker 3: Yep, that was a weird thing that we did.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know why, but I think you it was because it was cinnamon, so you'd lick it, stick it on your forehead, let it sit there until it hurt, and then you would take it off.
Speaker 3: Then you have a big red patch on your forehead.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's kind of funny. It's such a such a junior high, sixth grade thing to do.
Speaker 3: Why why are we doing that?
Speaker 1: Do people not chew gum as often as they used to?
Speaker 2: I chew gum every time I'm in the car, really, yeah, unless like it's a short trip, if I'm in the car for more than twenty minutes. If it's twenty minutes, I'd pick one tiny piece of I use those little cubes, those ice breaker cubes. And if I'm in the car for over twenty five minutes, then I put in two pieces of a streak or cube.
Speaker 4: There's something I do, And I think a lot of couples could say that there's things that they do to prevent any kind of like annoyance from their partner. And one thing is is if I find gum in our house and I know that Andrew could potentially have access to it, but he doesn't know it's there. I throw it away because I don't want to listen to him chewing gum. I don't want to listen to it. I have a thing with mouth noises. But he's also an aggressive gum chewer. So if I find gum, I throw it away, and I don't give him the option of being able to chew it.
Speaker 3: If you find it again, just giving it to you because ill.
Speaker 4: As long as you keep it in your car.
Speaker 3: It's the only live on the radio.
Speaker 1: I just picked up or looked up why we're not chewing gum anymore? And there's an actual article. Gum sales are down about twenty percent in the last five years. Now, that's a big draw and they say one of the reasons is our obsession with natural things, and gum is full of corn syrup aspartame chemicals, soy less, it thin, and that we just don't want these things in our body anymore. So don't you gum. I've never been a big gum cheer.
Speaker 2: I just like the I don't know, I just like it. It's kind of like a I don't know, like a stem or something. Just chewing it. It's a nice Yeah, Well that's it.
Speaker 1: For the Minnesota goodbye. Thank you for emails. They are the heart and soul and we can't do a Minnesota goodbye without you, so send an emails to Ryan's show at kadiwb dot com