Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host, Samantha Fay. I'm Dead Bowen, and today we're going to be talking about phone calls from the dead, well, and since we're into the twenty first century, emails and texts from the dead as well. Now, a lot of people might think this is impossible, but deb you've had your own experience with this.
Speaker 2: I certainly have, Samantha, and it was such a gift, so let me tell people about it. When my mom got very sick, she made the decision to move into a nursing home. My sister and I tried to talk out of it. We said, we take care of her. She said no, So into a nursing home she went. And the two and a half years that she lived in that nursing home were absolutely wonderful. She came, she blossomed, she became president of the Residence Council. She was well loved. It was just a beautiful experience in a lovely, lovely facility. And I had this habit. I had this ritual where every night at six o'clock I called her. It didn't matter if I had just left at five point thirty, if i'd been out there in the afternoon, or if I was coming back later in the evening, I called her at six o'clock and she answered and we chatted for a few minutes. I did that regardless of where I was in the country or the world. I called my mama at six o'clock, and as she got sicker and sicker, I continued that habit until towards the end, until the end.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: In fact, let me tell this little side story. Mama had a bird. The nursing home in which she lived had was part of an Eden project, and they had wonderful animals there for the residents. And Mama had a cockatil in her room who she named Nicki, and she would talk to Nicki, and she taught Niki to talk, and she taught Niki to whistle and to sort of sing. And I remember a night where she told me to hang on a minute and she I heard her talking, and I thought she was talking to a nurse or someone who would come into a room. And I said, Mom, who are you talking to? She said Nicki. I said, Mama, you can talk to the bird after we hang up, and we laughed and off we went. So anyway, so we had this lovely conversation every night at six o'clock. And then my mom died. She died on a Friday night at about quarter to seven, and I was with her that night at six o'clock. And then her funeral was on Monday. And it was a long weekend of a lot of stuff going on to honor my mom and to deal with all the things that one has to do to get ready for a funeral. And her funeral was mid afternoon, and I came home and there were more than three hundred people in my house off and on during that afternoon. Such an outpouring of love. It was just wonderful. And towards late afternoon and early evening, folks began to go away and to dwindle, as she would imagine they would, and the phone rank, and I looked up at the clock and it was six o'clock. I picked up on the phone and I said hello, and there was no one there. I said hello, and there was no one there, and I thought, you know, wrong number. And this was in the days where you had landlines hanging on a wall. Right. We had just reached a point, I think, in that point of time when we had telephones that were not courted. I forget what you call this, but not corded phones, and you could see caller ID cordless that's the word I'm looking for. Thank you, And there was a caller ID on the little tiny screen on the receiver and it just said unknown number, I think is what it said. So I put the phone back up, and you know, I'm kind of still in shock and readling from having just had my mom's funeral, so I didn't think too much of it. The next night, at six o'clock, I was in the house and by myself, and the phone rang and I looked at the clock and I thought, oh, I know what this is. So I answered the phone and again it said no caller idea or a no number or whatever it said. And I said hello, and I said, Mama, I am so happy to hear from you. Please keep calling me. It makes me feel so good to know that we can still stay in communication. And it was silent, but it was a I don't know how else to describe this other than to say it was a hollow silence. I was very aware that there was somebody at the other end of that phone, and I thanked her profusely and told her. I hoped the week. I mean I taught her right a while about I hope she enjoyed the funeral, and hope that she was happy with the all Thist song we picked because that was important to her and all the things that happened her lovely service. And then she never called again. But I think she and I both needed that one more time to say I love you, to talk about just whatever had happened during the course of the day, and in this case it was, you know, the celebration of her life and the time of that. And she never called me again, but that those two calls really solidified for me as if I needed it, but I was happy to have it, the idea that there is this continuity of life and this continuation of how we can stay in touch with loved ones on the other side using today all this electronic stuff. So I'll turn it over to you, Samantha.
Speaker 1: I love that story, and I love that she didn't hang up, because that's something you'll see in a lot of the stories we've gathered for today's show, is the phone will ring and no one's there, but the phone also doesn't disconnect. It's as though someone's there. You know, which is interesting. And I like that she didn't call back after she knew you got it, she knew you knew it was her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I feel like she probably had a lot to do. She was probably busy. That's efritable, you know. And other and psychics I've seen and talked to, including you, since she died, have told me that she was very busy on the other side, and I believe that to be true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, for sure. She was a social butterfly.
Speaker 2: She was, indeed so.
Speaker 1: In recent years, this phenomenon of posthumous communication has intrigued everyone from the curious to the skeptical, even Thomas Edison. He was speculating before his death to reporters about the possibility of building a machine so sensitive that it could communicate with the dead. Both Edison and Alexander Graham Bell, who invented the telephone, experimented with telepathy by winding wires around people's heads. It didn't work, but in nineteen forty one, however, an alleged blueprint of Edison's machine his idea for this phone call to the dead, supposedly surfaced in New York, and the apparatus consisted of an aluminum speaking trumpet connected to an aerial wire which dangled down into the middle of the trumpet, which, along with the side of the aluminum cone, formed the opposite poles of a battery, and then potassium permanniganet. I have no idea how to pronounce that. Do you know how to pronounce that?
Speaker 2: I've never heard that word before.
Speaker 1: I know well, potassium blah blah blah, attached to the wire in the trumpet served as an electrolyte between it and the cone, and the machine allegedly amplified any ether waves generated inside the trumpet and directed against the aerial Now it's impossible to say whether these blueprints were actually Edison's own design or just a hoax. Most people think they were frauds. Some of Edison's former associates built in operating model of the machine based on these blueprints, but it didn't work. So even if we can't scientifically invent a heavenly phone apparatus to call our deceased loved ones, there are many, many stories, including deths of the dead calling us. Paranormal researcher and writer Brad Steiger says phone calls from the dead have been recognized for decades by the paranormal community, and there are many audio tape recordings containing the voices of deceased persons. It's simply a fact that the dead want to communicate with the living, and he has a whole book on this called Touched by Heaven's Light, where he recounts several stories of electronic spirit communications. He says, if you believe, as I do, that the dead often have unfinished business on Earth, then you can understand that emails and phone calls are just another route to the living, especially to loved ones, relatives, and other significant individuals. One story he tells is of a graduate student in biology who received not a phone call, but an email from a favorite professor who'd recently passed away. He says, the student have been laboring on a complex experiment under the guidance of this professor, but he'd become unsure of his ability to complete the work alone. He was ready to throw in the towel and give up his grant when a subjectless email appeared on his home computer. It contained a message from the professor assuring him that he was on the right course. With knowledge of the grad student's work that could only have come from his kindly mentor. An interesting twist. Although the grad student reported the message to a paranormal researcher, he never quite believed his own experience and always looked for a scientific explanation. He had no prior interest in the paranormal nor a belief in the afterlife, which makes his claim all the more intriguing. There's another book about phone calls from deceased people by doctor Scott Rogo called Phone Calls from the Dead. He writes about a physician who experienced an after death communication with his mother. Do you want to tell us about this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, because you know, one of the things that's fascinating to me in the story you've just told and in this one, is that these are science people. These are not paranormal people who seek that kind of information. I was, of course, very hopeful that my mother would be in touch with me, but these are different. And let me tell you about that.
Speaker 1: And it kind of goes against a lot of the things you and I say, because we always say, if you're open to this, you'll experience this phenomenon. But if you're closed off to it, it's harder for them to get through to us.
Speaker 2: Well, but not always true, that's right, and so let me tell this story. So doctor Scott Rogo tells his story, as Samantha has said in his book, Phone Calls from the Dead, and he describes doctor I love this, doctor Medved's is that really his name? After his mother's funeral, he returned to his home in Los Angeles, tired and grieving. He went to bed early, but was awakened by an early morning phone call. And here's what he told doctor Rogo. It was exactly six thirty when I said hello. The voice on the phone said Johnny. It was a little odd sounding, and I thought it was one of my sisters. It sounded a little dismayed, as if she was calling to report a problem. I said, what's the matter, and the voice said again, Johnny. I again said, what's the matter? Who is this? I don't know whether the voice said Johnny again, but then I began to get rather excited. The next thing the voice said was is that you Johnny Dear? By this time, I didn't know if someone was pulling a joke on me or what, and so my voice got really high. What's the matter? I said, who is this? I kept repeating this until the voice said, your mother, Doctor med I explained that the voice exactly matched his late mother's. At the end of these two words, the voice trailed off into a whisper. Doctor Medved kept talking, but it was no use. The phone line remained open. In other words, it didn't go dead, and you can hear that, or it gets to a buzzing sound, but after fading out, the phantom voice just ceased talking. Neither did doctor Medved hear a click over the line, as though someone had hung up on him. Finally, when the doctor realized that the call was over, he himself reluctantly hung up. Okay, so he did basically what I did. I just kept listening to what felt like almost a vacuum, a dead air sound that I was very aware was not how a phone sounds when it's just then there's nothing there, right, you know? He did exactly the same thing I did. My mother didn't speak at all, She never said a word, but I knew with all my soul that my mother was on the other end of that line. Didn't me know she was okay, and she did come to see me. Let me interject this here. A few nights later, my father was a biblical literalist. He and you know, when I had these conversations before Samantha, my father believed that when he died, he was going to be met at gates made of pearl by Saint Peter, and he was going to be walking down streets paved with gold and angels playing harps, and that's his vision of what heaven was going to be. And he never wavered from that belief, and not long and he died two years before Mama. And not long before Mama died, she said to me, you know, your daddy was really sure about what he believed. I'm not so sure. And that worried me, and we never talked about it again. She wasn't willing to go there again. But I worried about that because I wanted her to have some comfort and assuredness in her beliefs. So a few nights later, after her funeral, and after that those two phone calls, she came and sat down on the bed next to me. Woke me up in the night. What woke me up was I could feel the weight of a body pushing the mattress down. And my mother had these beautiful, beautiful hands, and I can still feel her lovely fingers running through my hair, pushing my hair kind of back from my faces as you would a child, waking them up. And she said to me, honey, you got to stop worrying about me. I'm okay, and then she faded away. And I think that's one of probably one of the most comforting things that it ever had happened to me. It was a wonderful gift. So I certainly understand this doctor's connection and wanting so hard to try to understand what had happened on that telephone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to be comfortable telling that story as a doctor.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so. Doctor Rogo tells another story about a young man named Carl, who was only eighteen years old when his eighty year old grandmother died. He had been her favorite grandchild and they had been very close, in a close bond between them, and during the last years of her life, this elderly woman had grown deaf and would often call Carl when she needed his assistance. He was a typical teenager with plenty of errands to run and friends to visit, so his grandmama had to get in touch with him urgently, and she would often call his friends home while trying to track him down. No matter who answered the phone, she would invariably ask is Carl there? Tell him to come home now. Only two days after his grandmother's death, Carl decided to visit his friend Peter. The visit was just a social one and had nothing to do with his grandmother's recent death. In fact, Peter and his family didn't even know that Carl's grandmother had died, so as they were talking together in a downstairs room, the phone rank. Peter's mom answered the phone and said it was Carl's grandmother asking to speak to him. Missus d'assio said to doctor Rogo, she said, this is Carl's grandmother. And when I hollered down to Carl, my son said he turned all callers. I bet he did. According to Missus diasilo, the voice delivered the same message she often delivered when alive. She requested that Carl come home. At first, when Carl told her that his grandmother had recently died, Missus desco thought the call was a prank. Carl himself got on the line, but by this time, though the phone line remained open, the voice had stopped speaking. But this was not the end of the attempt. At communication. Later that night, Carl answered several phone calls back at his own home, and each time there was no one on the other end of the line. Peter had gone home with Carl that evening and also witnessed those calls. Grandma was determined to talk to.
Speaker 1: Him, Yes, she was, or determined to, you know, let him know she had made it, you know, and was okay, right. That's what I'm wondering. If a lot of these are about, here's another one that's kind of sad, So get your tissues out. This was reported by Mary Kahele, who wrote the story into Fate magazine in nineteen fifty three. She says, as I relaxed in my easy chair one evening in May nineteen forty three, listening to my favorite radio program, the phone rang insistently. The operator told me it was a long distance call and put it through. In a confusion of sound, I heard what seemed to be several persons talking all at once. Then I nearly fainted as I heard the breathless voice of my little girl, Peggy, who had died when she was twelve. Hello Mom? How are you? Can you hear me? Hello Mom? The whirling as of many winds and the mumbling of voices continued. I begged the operator to clear the lines. The beloved voice I remembered so well, went on talking, Mom, can't you hear me? I talked to Peggy, but it was like talking through a storm. Then silence fell. Operator. I said this call must be intended for someone else. I gave her my name and phone number. She repeated this, and then to my surprise, she said, you positively are the one they want. Again, Peggy's voice called to me through a rushing as of great winds. The winds rose through a war and then died into a sudden silence. Frantically I called Peggy's name, but there was no answer. I asked the operator to trace the call, but she replied with finality, we have no record of incoming calls. My eyes filled with tears of joy. I realized that Peggy had called me not only on Mother's Day, but from beyond the grave, for she had died just six months before.
Speaker 2: Isn't you know, Samantha, some of our listeners might not remember that there was a time and the only way to make long distance call was through an operator. You literally had to speak to someone who connected you to somebody else in another city. And that's, of course the time this woman was writing and what was that nineteen fifty three? Yeah, yeah, so that's what was happening here. And again it's one of those strange situations where the operator put the call through, but then she doesn't have a record of it, right.
Speaker 1: So it's so wild and so beautiful that she would go to those extremes on Mother's Day. Let's take a quick break, and when we come back, we're going to talk about a really recent account of some emails from beyond the Grave. So, deb why don't you tell us what you have coming up.
Speaker 2: I have created a new course series that I'm so excited about, and it's entitled Opening Gates of Promise. It's about exploring those internal landscapes that we have within us that help us have a deeper understanding of who we are and our life's purpose. And also a reminder that our Fool's Calling course is open for enrollment. The best way you can learn about both of these courses and my other services and connect with me is through my website, Debowen dot com.
Speaker 1: Well, everyone, I want to remind you that on October sixteenth, I'm teaching a psychic protection class designed to teach you how to clear and shield your aura, cut course of negativity, and protect your energy, home and office from unwanted intrusions. On November six, I'm teaching my Crystals one oh one class which will help you get started on your crystal journey, and I'm adding a section in there about working with the Mastercrystals. All classes are taught live on Zoom and include lots of handouts and fun information. Plus you get the recorded class email to you. Just go to sumitafeye dot com and click the upcoming events tab for more information. Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We have a really compelling and more recent case involving emails from a young man. After Jack Freese passed away unexpectedly in twenty eleven, his friends began receiving eerie emails from his account, sparking discussions about the nature of life, death, and the boundaries of technology. Jack Friese was a fun loving young man known for his humor and generosity. When he died at the age of thirty two, his friends were devastated. Shortly after his funeral, however, they began receiving strange emails from his address. The messages were not typical fair. Instead, they contained odd phrases and references that only Friese's close friends would understand, leading them to believe that somehow he was reaching out from beyond the grave. Five months after Friese's death, his best friend Tim Hart said he received an email from Friese's account with the subject line I'm watching. Hart told the BBC one night in November. He says, I was sitting on my couch going through my emails on my phone and it popped up Senator Jack fries I turned ghost white when I read it. It was very quick and short, but to a point that only Jack and I could relate on. Inside the email was the message, did you hear me? I'm at your house? Clean your effing attic? Before Freeze died, Heart said the two had been alone in Heart's attic talking about what to do with the space just he and I were up there. Heart said, that's it, so that there's so many weird things just to that first email. First of all, if I got an email from a deceased friend that said I'm watching, I'd be like, what where? And the fact that he said, did you hear me? I'm at your house. As the interviewer for the BBC, I would have asked, Heart, you know, did you feel a sense of someone watching you? Did you hear any sounds that you couldn't pinpoint? Because it sounds like he was trying to communicate in his home and when you know Tim Hart wasn't getting it, he'd went ahead and sent these emails. Doesn't it sound like that if he says I'm at your house.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and clearly he was talking about being there at that very moment. It seems like, yeah, and reminding him of a conversation they had had about the need to clean out the attic, right, double validation basically yeah.
Speaker 1: And this is something I often talk about when I teach my mediumship classes is that often the validation that the loved one sends through is pretty frivolous, like clean your attic. But the reason why I think it's the most validating thing because nobody else knew that he and Freese were in the attic talking about how he needed to clean it up and what to do with that space. So it's those little details that make you go, oh my gosh, nobody knew that you couldn't read it in obituary. You couldn't, you know, interview friends or whatever. So I think those are very, very validating statements now. Fese's cousin, Jimmy McGraw also claimed he received a posthumous email from Freese in November telling him I knew you were going to break your ankle. Try to warn you. Got to be careful. McGrath said he had broken his ankle about a week before he got the email. I'd like to say Jack sent it, he said, just because I look at it as he's gone. But he's still trying to connect with me, trying to tell me to move along to feel better. The source of these emails is still a mystery. Priese's friends say no one had his password and they don't believe that the account was hacked. Heart said he thought Friese's mother had been sending them, but when he asked her about it, she said, think what you want about it, or accept it as a gift. The contents of Freese's emails ranged from lighthearted jokes to unsettling comments that seemed to defy explanation. One notable email read I'm here, you guys are in trouble. Another stated I'm not dead yet. These messages, while potentially humorous in tone, raised profound questions about the imp location of digital communication after death.
Speaker 2: Hey wait, I want to know what he said to the cousin in advance of him breaking his ankle? Do we know that?
Speaker 1: No, we don't know that.
Speaker 2: See that's the kind of stuff I want to know. How did he try to tell it? You know? I'd like to know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. And I want to know what the one email saying I'm here, you guys are in trouble means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would too.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: And I'm not dead yet. I mean, okay, is he like in Lumbelow?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I find those really interesting.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 1: And then in twenty seventeen, Australian journalist Mark Culvin died when he was sixty five. He was a universally admired broadcaster and author, and also had an avid and highly responsive Twitter account. The news broke around eleven forty and Twitter was immediately flooded with tribbya and then at one eighteen, his account posted a single tweet, It's all been bloody marvelous whoa yeah.
Speaker 2: And not anything else, just that one. No one posthumous post.
Speaker 1: YEP, that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Samantha. So here's a question to you. So you know, don't I know you do, and I know I have agreements with friends about things we will do to try to communicate after we pass over, right right. I think it'll be interesting. I think we should write those in a sealed envelope. Let's do this. Let's you and I both write in a sealed envelope what we've said to friends that we're going to say and do, and then when somebody tells us about it, or we ask about it later, after one of us is gone, we can open that envelope and see what happened.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's so morbid. But okay, yeah, I don't think it's morbid at all.
Speaker 2: Right, I know with validation, you're right.
Speaker 1: Just this morning, though, I was scrolling through TikTok and this woman said everyone should have a dead envelope, you know that? And I was like, oh, that's so true, and she's like, and in this envelope, She's like, you can keep it in your safe, but it should have you know your passwords, your account numbers, where your life insurance policy is. Obituary that you want photo you want to be used, all that stuff so that the family members don't have to wonder and think, you know, where is this? Is this what she would want? Is this what the picture he would want used?
Speaker 2: Have you not done all those things?
Speaker 1: I do have an envelope in my safe like my I have like a fireproof safety thing. And I do have an envelope with most of that, like passwords and my life insurance and my will. But I don't have like my obituary or the photo I want used.
Speaker 2: I've written my obituary all my sister has to just put in the dead date.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I even have a playlist of music to be played a celebration.
Speaker 1: Dang, you really thought this out.
Speaker 2: I have friends who agreed to come and play music and sing those songs for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well yeah, I just you know, have a hard time thinking about all of that. But okay, I'll add to my dead envelope.
Speaker 2: Well, well, here's why I think it's so really, really, so very important is because I think that one of the ways that we honor our friends who have passed on, or our family who has passed on, is that we do what they want. They want to have happened. Now, I also know that memorials and celebrations are for the living. I get that, and I understand that, and I respect that too, But I also think that there are certain things that are really important to the ones who are crossing over, that are comforting and familiar to them. I mean, for example, my mama wanted I was serious when I said this a few minutes ago. My mama wanted Elvis played at her funeral. Now, you know, most of us when we think of Elvis, we think of all the rock and roll stuff that Elvis did, but he also so it was a gospel singer, and he sang some beautiful hymns, and those were the ones that Mama knew we needed to do. If the church she went to, I think she probably would have appreciated the rock and roll more because she loved that, but she knew that at that's where we were going to be, it needed to be the Elvis hymns, and that's what we did. Well.
Speaker 1: I think that's lovely. I think funerals are for the living, not the dead, so I don't I think that's fine, but not that I don't care what music is played at mine. But I just you know whatever, my kids want to help them through the grief.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can add that to mine if you want to. But here's what I want you to play to send me off. Okay, you know I got a list. What's one of them. The very first song is Brought Me on the Water by Jackson Brown.
Speaker 1: Oh nice? What's the going out him?
Speaker 2: Imagined by John Lennon?
Speaker 1: Very nice?
Speaker 2: All right? A lot of stuff in the middle.
Speaker 1: And tell them where you're going to be buried at sea? You know, don't tell them where your ashes are going to be before they're in the sea.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 1: You're can of nuts?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I have a coffee can in my hurricane box. That's a chalk full of nuts can. That's the brand of coffee. It is chock full of nuts. And on the lid in magic marker is a peace symbol and the word stebs ashes. And that's where I want you to pay a lot of money for a fancy urn. You're just gonna take me and throw me in the ocean to just put me in that coffee can.
Speaker 1: And I've seen it people, She's had it for like what sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Years at least. Yeah, true story. So play some good rocket roll and put me in a coffee can and life will be great on both sides of the veil. All right, move us on, Samantha.
Speaker 1: Okay, so okay. So Brad Steger told the story of a London art gallery owner who also received an email from a dead person. It was an artist, a long time me of hers, he writes. The gallery owner had a running battle with the struggling artists for years after being rejected by her repeatedly. The frustrated artist died suddenly of massive heart failure, and the gallery owner was devastated, fearing that he had died from a broken heart caused by her refusal to sell his work. But one morning, an email under the artist's name appeared. Shaking with anxiety, the gallery owner read it twice. The artist message absolved her of any role in his death. He had died from a congenital heart problem, not the stress of rejection. Apparently he needed closure in the matter so he could move on into the spirit world.
Speaker 2: So basically an email of forgiveness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which is really nice. I would rather have a phone call than an email me too, you know, with all like the hacking going on, and I don't know. I would be a little wared that someone had just taken over that email account. I would rather a phone call. It would feel more I don't know, valid, No, what's the right word? Yeah, And I wouldn't question it as much, right me too? Tell us our next one.
Speaker 2: So, a user named Stephanie told this story to BuzzFeed. My father passed suddenly and was not conscious for the last several days of his life. After he was gone, I received a series of phone calls that were silent or had static. I said hello several times with no reply or more static. This went on for three months. One night, I dreamt I got one of the phone calls, but instead of silence, it was my father. He said, I just want to tell you that I love you. I woke up in tears and I never got another call. Well, it took him a while to get through, didn't it.
Speaker 1: Well that one really makes me think, you know, was this him trying to learn how to communicate with her and he couldn't. He couldn't get his voice to appear year on the phone line. So then his guides taught him how to come in a dream.
Speaker 2: I think that very very well may be possible when you think about really that all we are is energy, and that one of the ways we communicate really is by matching our energetic vibrations to someone else's. And I've read over and over again about the learning curve that goes on across the veil of folks learning how without a body to match their vibrations to people over here on this side, and that very well may been what had happened.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite stories, and I know I've told it too many times, but we do have new listeners, and it's my favorite story that ever happened. When I was doing a reading was this man came through to apologize to his wife about appearing in the hallway and scaring her half to death, and she said he better apologized, and I laughed and asked her what happened and she said that, you know, after he died, she was having a hard time sleeping and would often fall asleep with the TV or the lights on. And she was just sitting in bed one night, missing him, and she saw him walking down the hallway, except his skin kept falling off and she was terrified, and then he just disappeared and he had said to me, I had to learn. I'm still learning how to recreate my energy, and he said, I'm tell her, I'm trying, tell her, I'm trying. So I passed all of that on. And then a couple of weeks later, she emailed me and said that, you know, she really thought about that, and she kept telling him like, I think I'm grieving too much. And she was sitting in the closet smelling one of his shirts, and she said she always did that because it made her feel close to him, and she started to she just fail to her knees, crying because she realized his smell wasn't on his shirts as much, you know, and she was just had one of those breakdown moments, and she said, if only I could smell you again. And she heard this crash in their bathroom and where she kept all of her perfume, and his one bottle of cologne was in the center of like her circle of her perfume bottles. Only that cologne bottle fell and it spilled, and so her whole bathroom smelled of him.
Speaker 2: I love that story. I know I've heard you tell it before, and it's a great story, and you know, and I've told this story on her before too. Conversely, when we talk about the way my mom came to visit me, and it was very clear, it was heard she was sitting on the side of my bed and all that. Shortly after my dad died, and by that I mean just just a few days, he came to see me and he stood at the foot of my bed, but he looked awful. He looked very dead. And I sat up in bed and I said, Daddy, I'm so happy to see you, but I need you to look different. Next time you come, I need you to look like I remember you. And then he did come a couple of other times after that, and both times he looked like I remember him, looking much much younger and much health fear, And I know how much work and energy it took for him to do that.
Speaker 1: For me, yeah, to learn how to do that, but it shows what the effort that they put through to try to communicate with us. I mean, my dear friend George would have turned fifty four yesterday, and he died at twenty seven, and I had a dream of him and I rushed over to him in the dream to hug him, and he said, no, no, no, you can't touch me. I haven't learned to do that in dreams yet. And then a couple of months later, I had another dream and he was just sitting on a park bench and I walked up very carefully, and he said, no, no, you can hug me.
Speaker 3: Now I've learned. Oh oh, so I think that they do. They're like instructed. All right, we have some more great stories to share about communication from the other side. Let's take our last break and we'll be right back. Okay, deb do you want to share our next story?
Speaker 2: Sure. This is from a man on Reddit who says this, My dad died of cancer over ten years ago. A little less than a month after, I got on my knees and prayed for some type of sign that there is something after this life. At three ten a m. I got a voicemail from a private number brew static. My voice, my dad's voice emerged and said, Hello, Jacoby, a name only my dad called me. I just wish I had woken up and answered that call. And yes, I still have it recorded. And when I let my family and friends listen, we all agreed that it was his voice. Oh so he got the voicemail and the colony didn't answer it. Yeah, oh, oh sad?
Speaker 1: But how cold he has it recorded? Like if he had answered it, I get it, he could have maybe talked to his father a little bit more. But how need to have it recorded?
Speaker 2: That's true, absolutely.
Speaker 1: You know, so many of these stories that we read to prepare for this show happened at three a m. And again I've wondered, you know, I always joke on this show like why three am? And how do the spirits know that it's three am Eastern and not Pacific or Central or Australian or what have you.
Speaker 2: Well, because time is weird, Samantha, and it's not.
Speaker 1: Real, yeah, or does something I've read some articles that say the electromagnetic fields in the middle of the night, wherever you are, whatever time zone, it's calmer, you know, like there's not people on their internet, there's not a lot of electricity running through telephone wires, and you know, utility polls and all of that, and so that everything is is calmer energetically, and they're able to connect that way because of the electromagnetic energy.
Speaker 2: I think that probably has something to do with it. And I think I think there's something magical about that time. I mean there's thousands of stories throughout history about three o'clock in the morning, you know. Yeah, So let me tell another one. This is from another Reddit user. We had visited my grandmother in Spain, and on the way home, my mom texted my granddad, her father, to say, had a lovely time, thanks for having us home now. When he died a few months later, we went over to Spain. Mom swept in bed with my grandma, and my granddad's phone was in the living room. At three am, my mom wakes up to her phone going off. It's a text for my granddad saying had a lovely time, thanks for having us home now.
Speaker 1: Isn't that beautiful? Yes, Like he's telling her he's home, like he's in his eternal home now, right, all right. Here's another one, also on Reddit. I work for a company that answers phone and takes messages for businesses when they're closed, out to lunch, after hours, et cetera. We answer for a variety of companies in different fields, including funeral homes. I took a message from this lady whose mother had passed recently. The body was already picked up and dressed and at the funeral parlor visitation was scheduled for the following day. She calls and is weepy and asks if her mother's phone is still in her jacket pocket because they just got a call from her number. I dispatched the call to the funeral director and he says that he'll call her, but that the body is in the casket and the casket is closed waiting in their parlor. I said, wow, weird, and he kind of chuckles and says, this kind of thing happens more often than you would think.
Speaker 2: You would think they wouldn't leave that phone in that woman's pocket unless they want it, unless she wanted it to be there. Okay.
Speaker 1: I came across at least three more stories of people requesting to be buried with their cell phone.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I am so serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Why, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What do they think They're going to sit in there in their coffin underground and scroll through Instagram? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know either, Samantha, or maybe they just don't want people to see what's on their phone. That could be too You know, I don't have any desire whatsoever to be disposed of with my phone, but you know, I joked often and half seriously. I sure do wish I could take a legal pad and a pen with a bunch of questions on it with me when I go Yeah, me too. Right, there's that all right.
Speaker 1: We've got one more Reddit story from leu Anne. She says, when my grandpa passed away, I was sitting in the living room with my grandma, chatting and having some snacks. The phone started ringing. She picked up the phone and her face went completely pale. When she hung up, she started crying. Now, my grandpa had just passed, and we were all really sad and depressed since he was such a kind and caring soul. My grandma explained to me through tears that it was my grandpa on the phone. She said she recognized her voice and he was whispering that he was okay, and that my grandma would be okay too, even without him. They had been married for sixty one years and they were still madly in love when he left us. This helped my grandma a lot. She wasn't a believer in paranormal stuff, but it made her think a lot about that, and now she's really open minded about this stuff. Now. We often discussed this, and we all agree that it wasn't some kind of bad joke because it resembled my grandpa so much to care for my grandma even far away. On the other side, we had a lot of strange things happening after his death, but always on the good side of strange. Oh Love, I know, isn't that really cool? And you know, I even found a Tumblr account that's devoted to collecting stories like this. It's called the Last Message Received. So if you go to Tumblr and find that, you'll see it's just screenshots of people getting text messages or emails, or they'll take a screenshot of you know, caller ID to show that they're and then they'll have the story of what happened below it. So that's how common this is that there have been several books written on it, and there's even an account where you can you can share your own story and upload some proof.
Speaker 2: It certainly helps to validate what you and I have always said on this show that the veil is thin and that there is always an energy exchange that's possible among people and four legged folks as well, in terms of how we can stay connected. That it's really all just about connecting with energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just want to say too to anyone listening to this who's like, well, I loved my mom, I loved my dad, my grandpa, whoever, and I haven't heard from them, you know. We always want to stress that everyone is different, every soul is different, and how they died often can really affect the way they're able to come to you. Like, for example, we haven't really heard a whole lot from my dad, and he died, you know, in the late stages of Alzheimer's, and my daughter Chloe had that dream, oh early on, like a week after he passed that she was flying in her dream with her angel and she saw my dad and a bunch of other people indifferent. She described them as like white clouds with like these rotating rainbow lights going around them. And Chloe said to her angel, oh my gosh, there's my papa. I have to go say hi. And the angel kind of touched her arm and said, no, no, honey, he's still healing. And so I think sometimes if you do pass from Alzheimer's or a coma or something like that, where your mind has kind of been affected in some way, it can be hurder for you to communicate, you know, Also, my dad was a very soft spoken gentle man. If he was in line, it was very annoying because he would let anyone cut in front of us. So I can picture him being in like line and having to you know that says, learn how to communicate with your family back on earth, and he's just letting everyone go in front of him, whereas we've had a lot of signs and a lot of communication from my mom. Did I tell you about the one where I felt her touch my elbow in the kitchen? Did I tell that story to you.
Speaker 2: Or did not share that with us? Oh?
Speaker 1: My gosh. So this was about a month ago. And I just got up one morning and I was making my little breakfast shake and I felt my kids were still home, and I felt someone touch my elbow and I kind of whipped around to be like, who's awake this early? And there's nobody there, and I was like, okay, but I wasn't scared, but I know I felt something touch my elbow, so I just I just put my little mixer down and I just paused to be like, who was that? And I heard my mom's voice and inside my head say, good news about your book today? So what I did was I texted my sisters and I said, hey, this is what just happened to me. If I hear something good about my book, I'll let you know. And that it was like four o'clock that day. Later, you know, much later in the day, I got an email from my editor that I had been approved finally to narrate my book and your mom.
Speaker 2: Already knew it.
Speaker 1: And she knew it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's wonderful, I know.
Speaker 1: So we've had a lot of things like that, my sisters and I with my mom that have been you know, really really confirming. But I think that it's my mom's personality. Like she would she would cut everyone to get to the front of the line to learn how to communicate with them.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, there's not always rhyme nor reason I think to this. I mean, people who've been listening to this podcast for a while know that I desperately wanted to talk to Jane or hear from her, and tried all sorts of things and nothing worked. And yet she sent me on this convoluted treasure hunt with my wonderful friend Dale to try to figure out how to get information to me. And it was a beautiful story but I personally still have never heard from Jane.
Speaker 1: No, no, I know. Well, I mean, or take our friend Joel. I've been able to connect him with his dad, but never with his mom, right, you know. And she also passed from Alzheimer's, so I don't know what that is, but I just think certain people it takes more time. Did I tell you about the sign we think my dad gave to my sister?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, So my sister Courtney had a birthday on Monday, August nineteenth. On Sunday August eighteenth, my older sister Tara gets up in the morning and she has her coffee, and she has this lovely like second floor landing with all bookshelves and like two little chairs and a coffee table. But it's kind of for show, you know what I mean. She's got this beautiful, beautiful home and she never really actually sits up there, and for some reason that morning, she got up before everyone else and she was like, I'm gonna have my coffee up here. So she sits there and she looks at the bookshelf and she pulls out a random book and it's The Eagle in the Rose And both both neither my sisters remember ever. Hearing of this book, I instantly was like, oh my god, I remember that. Do you remember that book about the woman who connected with her guide, who she called the ego? Was Rosemary Altia wrote the book.
Speaker 2: I don't remember this book.
Speaker 1: It was such a good read back then. I don't know if it holds up today, but I loved it. So Tara pulls it out and she opens it up and it says, happy birthday, Courtney, hope this book inspires your spiritual path love Dad. Wow, isn't that wild? And she was like, why would I sit up there? Why would I pull out this book. Courtney has no memory of Dad giving her that book, and she has no recall of how it got from her house to Tara's house. But I think, to me, it's a sign from Dad because it was right before her birthday and it's a happy birthday book, and it's about connecting. It's a medium writing about how to connect with the other side.
Speaker 2: And it got apported from one sister to the other's.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, Courtney's like, I'm sure I gave it to you at some point, but she is no memory of that, right, Wow. So I just thought that was really, really cool. So I think that they will give us signs, and I think these these very you know, visual auditory signs of calling or emailing. Gosh, that's that is such such a gift. And I would like to add everyone I started researching this as a spooky episode. Dev this has not been a spooky episode at all.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just a lovely episode.
Speaker 1: I know I meant phone calls from the dead, but it turned out to be very nice.
Speaker 2: I love this episode. Thank you for this episode, Samantha. One down, y'all. I'm not having to do a scary thing.
Speaker 1: Well, tune in next week when we talk about demons possessing us all. No, I'm kidding, dep I'm.
Speaker 2: Kidding, Samantha. You're probably not. That's a scary thing. In any case, I appreciate this episode. And I know one thing that I really want to say is that I really hope our listeners hear the comfort and the hope in this episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do too, and the fact that they want to reach out and connect with us as much as we want to reach out and connect with them. And it's hard, and the timing has to be right, and it has to match their personality and their journey on the other side. But I think if we know that, if we set that intention, hey, I would like to hear from you going to find a way. It might not be today or tomorrow, but they will find a way. And so I hope you always remind people.
Speaker 2: Of that right and there may be ways in which they do that we may not expect or want it to be. Great.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks everyone so much for listening. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a nice review. It really helps us grow our audience. We hope you get a phone call or an email or a tweet from a loved one on the other side. If you do, shoot us an email Psychic Teachers at gmail dot com and we'll share on an upcoming show. Be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 2: Take care everyone.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review. Wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com. I have a new book out called the awake dreamer, lucid dreaming, astral travel and mastering the dreamscape. You can find it wherever books are sold. Thanks for listening, and have a great week.