Speaker 1: Well, let's get started with a Tuesday edition of the Minnesota Goodbye. I'm just kind of plowing through the emails here. We got a bunch of good ones. So are you ready? Okay, here we go. A couple of topics I had in mind from Maria Beck. Maria says, when I heard about the plane crash in DC, literally my first thought was, David Ryan, you said planes don't crash here anymore. I don't have much more to say about this, but I just thought it was funny. I'm a bit anxious of an anxious flyer, but I usually start feeling better by the time we get close to the ground because if we crash from that height, it quote might not be that bad unquote. Well, now, I guess I have to stay anxious until we're at the damn gate. I truly believe that planes don't crash, that they just don't. We haven't had a deadly crash since two thousand and nine, and this was the most serious crash since like two thousand and four. There are many reasons for it, just the everything. From now. COPI pilots are encouraged to speak up if the pilot is doing something wrong or questionable. And the etiquette used to be like the pilot was god, you didn't question him or her. Their word was final. But now they say, Okay, if the pilot's doing something wrong, you say, hey, I don't think we should do that. That's not right. That's been a lot, that's saved a lot of people. The thing about this one, it wasn't a pilot air it was or not sure if it was the Army helicopter pilots or whether it was the controllers, but they it was definitely the helicopter's fault. Yeah, probably the helicopter's fault. Why was the helicopter too high? The plane was not too low. The plane was doing exactly what it should have been doing. But one thing that they couldn't control was I mean, it's very busy around that airport, and the helicopter, for whatever reason, did not see the airplane.
Speaker 2: The thing that I will say on this to the person emailing in is you got to think that people are on high alert right now because of this recent accident. So if that comforts you a little bit, because I'm also flying for the first time in a really long time, not until March, but I'm a little nervous about it now too after this. But then I was like, well, but also they're probably taking extra protocols now because of this accident.
Speaker 1: They I've listened to a lot of podcasts about airplane crashes, and they're from almost every serious plane crash. There are new regulations, new rules, new things that come into play, everything about maintenance, air traffic control. The fact that now so many things have been changed, like you know, like I said, with every plane crash changes something, so I'm sure this will change something too to make it a little bit safer. It's really weird because back in the fifties, sixties, seventies, even into the eighties, planes crashed. It seemed like once a month there was like a deadly plane crash in the United States, like once a month where dozens of people would get killed, and it was just kind of part of the price you play paid for flying in an airplane. So it just doesn't really happen anymore. So you can still fly confidently, I know I would. Here are some conversations sparking would you rather their questions? And here we go, Bailey's in the little girl DJ's room right now, so she's not here. Blue pill or red pill which one would you take? If you could take a pill that gives you genuine answers and insight into the meaning of life and whether or not there's an afterlife, would you want to know, let's say you even get insight on the truth behind how our government works and whether or not that people really have any power? Or would you take the blue pill and stay blissfully ignorant to everything. Red pill gives you all the insight. Blue pill makes you blissfully ignorant to everything.
Speaker 2: I would take bluepill. I want to be blissfully ignorant. I think the meaning of life is something that is also part of living your life is discovering that yourself. And who knows the meaning of life? You're telling me there's one meaning of life that we're just going to learn by taking a pill. I don't believe that. But you would definitely don't want to know what the government's doing. And that is one thing I want to say, so fucking naive too, that is for sure.
Speaker 1: I think they're doing exactly what we suspect they're doing, which is being shifty and shitty. And I think that there is I think on both sides it is shiftiness and shittiness by career politicians who should have a term limit of like maybe eight years and then GTFO and then go work at a law firm or Jimmy John's I really think that the politics in this country has gotten so ugly, shifty, shady that Yeah, I don't really. I think I take the blue pill too.
Speaker 3: Question Tangent. Do you think there should be an age limit on politics?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yes, What do you think it should be?
Speaker 1: Well, I think maybe retirement age. I think sixty five is like you know, good retirement age. It used to be a mandatory thing that people like airline pilots had to retire or I don't know what else, like executives had to retire at sixty five. That was the mandatory retirement age. Yeah, we live longer, healthier lives now, But I don't think that somebody who is seventy eight years old or eighty one years old should run for president. I don't think so. I think it's like youth is not always right, but youth is that's the future, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I agree. I wish there were more people like in their forties in politics or thirties even.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's one of the reasons why JFK was so popular. He was so young. You just got out of like the who was president before him. I think Truman, Eisenhower, a bunch of old bald guys were And that's why people love JFK. Because he was only like forty two or forty four.
Speaker 3: Obama maxy, he was hot, was he was a very attracket man.
Speaker 1: This true.
Speaker 3: Obama was young too.
Speaker 1: Would you rather revive somebody you love for one day and relive the best moments in memories with them, or revive them from a year for a year, but forget all the memories you have and create new ones? Definitely for one day. If I could revive my mom or my dad for one day, I would definitely be like, oh, remember the time, remember the time, rather than be like, yeah, I don't want to create new memories. I don't want to revive any of them. Honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think be too painful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe I would, Jenny, I'd probably do the one day thing. But I think that my answer would maybe change if, like Heaven forbid, Andrew suddenly passed away tomorrow, Like my answer might change, Like I would want another year with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, but you would have to forget everything before that, I know.
Speaker 1: See, you wouldn't have your Bubba gumps in your backpacking and your camp or van memories.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know, but okay, I don't know. Maybe I'll stick with the one day.
Speaker 1: Good thing is not really a choice. Would you rather be alone until fifty nine but then find your absolute soulmate at age sixty? Or go through multiple partners like normal with no guarantees of finding that person? So you're alone until you're fifty nine, but at sixty you find your absolute soulmate, but then you don't know how much longer you got to live. Yeah, Or just take a chance like we all do in life and maybe you find them, maybe you don't.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do take a chance, okay, because like, well, okay, I feel a little bit of both, because I wann't mind being alone, but like, if I have a chance of meeting somebody in the time it takes me to get to fifty nine, then why not just like go on that journey because I'm not like turning out to be a bad person after each failed relationship.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, yeah, Jenny, take a chance.
Speaker 2: I love dating in my twenties.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of fun. Yeah, would you rather get one million dollars now or one billion twenty years before you die, which is a very hypothetical because you would then find out when you're going to die. So if somebody gave you, like, let's say when you're forty nine years old, somebody said, here's a billion dollars, You're going to die when you're sixty nine years old, but here's a billion dollars. Or give you one million dollars right now, you can enjoy it right now. It's only a million, which ain't what it used to be, but it's still a million dollars, Jenny, a.
Speaker 2: Million, hands down. You can invest that. It'll be a billion soon enough knows yes it will.
Speaker 1: No, it won't, Yes it will, you're investing in.
Speaker 2: It just depends on what you learn to do with your money. Like I'm honestly currently basically taking college classes because Andrew and I are seeing someone that's like helping us with our finances. It's not a financial advisor. It's like a business and finance coach. And there are very many different ways you can turn that money into a lot more than a million.
Speaker 1: Crypto number one answer that he is, you.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and tea, but they're telling you you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and that and what about you, Bailey. I would probably also do the million dollars because then I can actually like use it and yeah, invest it in all of that now versus I mean, a billion would be cool. But if I'm gonna die in ten years, I would end years, so twenty years I would still end up like donating a lot of that. I don't need a billion dollars. I don't think anyone needs a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: So much money. That's something that we can't even comprehend what that means.
Speaker 3: It's too much quickly.
Speaker 1: The experiment, says Kim Bate of Arlington, Minnesota, asked Dave to tell a story about a sweet, cute little baby, any baby, and then take note of how he says the word baby. Haha. He can't help himself. It's cute. I giggle every time. I it's a little burb ber, Yeah, a little bit. It's just a little burber, Just a cute, little chubby little berber. They are adorable longtime listeners of all things. Katiewb still longing for the day when I'll be considered a friend of the show. Well, you are a friend of the show, Kim. We just need to hear from you more often, So feel free to write in more often to the Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Goodbye and Kim. If you text us on our text line five three nine two one, just sign your name Kim at the end, because then we'll start saying, oh, front of the show, Kim, because your name is right there.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. Next one, don't say my name. I wanted to write in regarding the big schlong story. This goes back to Matt bar the guy with the largest medically recognized long schlong at fourteen inches, which is two inches yard longer than a ruler back when I was in college, made a terrible mistake of a rebound relationship, lots of cheating on his end. My mindset had changed and I decided, fuck it, I'm going to start acting like a guy when it came to hookups because I had missed out on so many experiences anyway. Working in the dining hall, had some run ins with some of the football players, one of which was very smooth and talk me into going on a date with him. Really, he was just picking me up and bringing me to his apartment for a movie and a hookup. We initially started making out, then moved to the bedroom. He whipped off his boxers, and, oh my god, the size of that thing stopped me in my tracks. I initially tried to play it off, like we should slow down, but eventually I flat out told him that's terrifying. There's no way it's going to fit anywhere near my body. Seriously, I don't remember exactly how long it was, but my god, the girth on that thing scared the living daylights out of me. I ended up telling him absolutely not and made him take me back to my dorm. I purposely avoided any interaction with him after that. Keep that elephant's leg away from all of my targets and no dart licking either.
Speaker 3: Oh right, what's his name?
Speaker 2: It's good to know that football players are still the same, or are the same from my experience with them. That sounds like every football player that ever like wandered around in the dorms schlunk. Well, No, I don't know about their slongs, but they just would be like, let's like hang out and go on a date. The date would be like, let's watch TV in our dorm room and then bang. Yeah, like that was always their emmo. Like they always were like, this is what's gonna go down. They're never gonna take you on a fucking date, Like.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't because they don't have to. I'm fired up, and I think that there there are you know, there are guys that don't have to take you on a date because women just want to bang them. Let's face it, women want to bang nearly as much as guys do, but their conditioned to be a little bit more subtle about it. But I think that this guy, and any football player like that, is learned. He doesn't have to charm you and take you out to like, you know, five guys and fire a burger down your throat and take you to a movie. He just got to bring it back to his dorm. And you know, and I think a lot of women are fine with that. I think, especially for the prestige of hooking up with a football player.
Speaker 2: I would like to stand up for myself, not that I need to or like have to defend myself, but I mean, and I feel like this makes me sound conceited, but I just lived in the same hall as the football players so they always were like wandering around, and they would wander into our dorm because we leave our doors open sometimes. And one guy just like came in and was like can I make out with you? And I was like, no, what the heck like? And he was really fucking hot. No, Like, you don't just because you're like this hot football player, does it mean every single girl is going to like fall to their knees for you. So I was like, no, honey, get out of my dorm room right now.
Speaker 3: But there was.
Speaker 1: It must have worked. It must have worked, because I mean, you look at a football player. They're not always attractive in the face, but they can lift you and flip you and do this and do that, and a lot of I mean listen, a lot of women never get a chance to be with a really very athletically fit guy.
Speaker 2: I would argue that that's like not the greatest though. I think passionate lovers are better than the guys who are just throwing you around because they got muscles.
Speaker 1: Because I've learned over my years that women that have model shaped bodies are usually very poor lovers because they just think that they have to show up and a lot of the time they're they're told they're beautiful and they're hot all the time, and a lot of the time they just show up. It's the girl who's got a little meat on her bones, who's like a little bit more passionate and having a good time and throwing me around. Yeah, flipping me around, throwing me.
Speaker 3: Around, cowgirl.
Speaker 1: That's right. One more email on the Minnesota goodbye. I thought this one was interesting. Let me pull it open here one second. Okay, this is always the awkward part. Here we go, Hello, morning show crew. After watching the recent Grammy Awards and paying attention to pop culture trends, I've noticed how much the pop scene and music overall seems dominated by female artists. It's exciting to see so many talented women rising to the top finally, but why aren't male artists thriving into space as they once did? Or did they ever? Really? We had big names like Sean Mendez, Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, but their time in pop seems brief compared to the long lasting success of many female stars. Is this just how the industry works? It could be tied to how pop is marketed or the demographic is it targets? Maybe pop itself is viewed as more feminine, unlike male dominated genres like rap or hip hop or country, where men are still leading. For now, it seems like male pop singers always face some stigma within the genre circle. Dart lick lick lick lick my favorite thing to do in the bedroom. Wow, Well, most people don't admit to that. There is definitely a trend, and I think it is because that's what works. Modeled by Taylor Swift, modeled by Miley Cyrus, modeled by other female artists. There are so many like is it Gracy Abrams that sounds just like Taylor Swift? Like the same style of song, almost as if, you know, if there was a let's say I created an amazing I don't know bread. I created this amazing bread. There's nothing else like it, and ninety percent of all bread sales went to me. It would be a short time until somebody else stole my bread idea and then did another version. That's what I think happened with female artists is because Taylor Swift is so big that other female artists like Gracy Abrams or truly I think a knockoff of Taylor Swift because it's like if she's so big, let's make a copy of her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, though I feel that same way about a lot of male artists too. That's sometimes they're just a copy of another one that came before that, like name one. Well okay, Like earlier today I said, there's every generation has an imagine dragons because Miles Smith sounds like imagine dragons to me, Benson Boone sounds like imagine dragons to me.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 3: So I feel like it's just a different sound, but a lot of it's the same sound.
Speaker 1: Why are there so many women on the radio now?
Speaker 2: I think Taylor Swift has put a lot of women on the radio almost from having them open her recent tour, because the Brina Carpenter open for her, Gracie Abrams open for her. So I think like getting that publicity from Taylor Swift has helped out a lot of those people's careers. Olivia Rodrigo had Chapel opening for her on her tour as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is interesting that there's kind of a dearth of male bands. There's kind of a I mean, it is a lot of I don't know, pop female singers, but music is so it is very cyclical and sometimes honestly, especially Top forty music runs. Some years it's really hot. Some years there's like a Taylor Swift and a Miley Cyrus and there's like, you know, a lot of great artists. I think right now we're kind of in a good year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say a song.
Speaker 1: And then some other years it's like there's just not much out there. Thank God for Shaboozy.
Speaker 3: Thank Wow.
Speaker 1: That's it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Love to hear your thoughts on anything that we talked about or bring up something new. Send that in to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com.