Speaker 1: Here you are, famous News Nation person. Thank you for your time today. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm awesome?
Speaker 3: How arial okay?
Speaker 1: Did you have you had your vacation yet this summer?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm always on vacation. How about you?
Speaker 1: Exactly? All right, so you have an update for us on your News Nation activities.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we we are going down at Walter. I did something today that I said that I was never going to do, but I did it. We did a Scientology episode and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, the last time we get to talk to you. Yes, yes, wish me well, thank you all the best. Yeah, So we did it. I hope it goes okay. But really my hypothesis for the episode was when does buying real estate stop looking like an investment and start looking kind of like an orchestrated takeover. And my target is Clearwater, Florida, where the locals there are just up in arms about you know, the church is buying buildings, parking lot, all these different spaces in the city in the downtown area, and then they're just sitting vacant for years and years and they're like, well, it's ruining our downtown area. We can't go there, And you know, they're trying to keep it vacant to keep people out, and then they're trying to keep expanding the church and a lot of just a lot of weird accusations and weird stuff going down there. So I talked to a guy who is a former church member who now spends his scientology church member who now spends his time. He's got a YouTube channel and he says it's it's for all the things, the pesty things Scientology doesn't.
Speaker 2: Want you to know. And he lives in Clearwater and you know, he's talking to city council member and people about hey, where do these votes actually come from? Weird that this person was paid, had this donation and now this past and really he's just kind of boots on the ground, like looking into all this stuff. That was really interesting conversation there. So, yeah, we're looking into Scientology and then we're going to go back into AI space for a little bit. I have a really interesting guy, Nick Bostrom, who I had a conversation with, and he you know, loved AI and he thinks that AI is you know, going to be incredible and we should all be leaning into it more and not scared that it's going to take our jobs. It's you know, it's gonna we're gonna be able to spend more time with our grandchildren doing what's important because we're going to train these robots to do the dirty work. And I'm like, well, this sounds like reverse simulation theory to me. You know, there's so many people out there who believe that we live in a simulation. But now I'm like, I don't know, are we kind of building the simulation right now to control our world? So yeah, a lot of fun, interesting stuff's coming up that we've been deep diving, and I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: What was the most interesting thing you've learned about scientology and real estate today? What was the most interesting you learned that you didn't know anything about.
Speaker 2: Really, it was the number of people who are actually in scientology. You know, I was under the impression that there were millions of them, millions of scientologists, and the guy that I was talking to is like, there's maybe twenty five thousand worldwide, but they keep buying these properties and buying these spaces, so it looks like they have this massive footprint. So you know, if people come to the headquarters and clear wire, they're like, oh, it's just my town that is struggling with a couple of scientologists. The scientology is actually massive, and we have all they have all these members of this new l Ron Hubbard Square that's taking over the entire downtown when it's all kind of just front and you know, the church is they're registered with the government as a church, so they are tax exempt, so they don't have to show where they don't have to talk to the irs or show where their their money's going. But they're still when they so they have all this money because you know, it's not free to be a member. You know, you pay and you pay to level up. So they have a ton of money and they're buying all disreal estate. But it's weird because they're not doing it under the church's name. They're doing it in LLC's to kind of hide that they own it because they want the media to look away. They don't want people knowing that all these properties are saying vacant and the churches to blame for, you know, making the downtown area not as appealing or pushing tourists out for not to be a welcoming, busting city when you know, clear Water their main city's main the venue for making money is tourism. Their beaches are world renowned, some of the best beaches in America. So it's interesting that they're purposely doing it in LLCs to try to hide the fact that it's them buying it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to Clear Water?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have, because it's the spookiest place I've ever been, except for Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: Because of the church in Salt Lake is Mormon Church. Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's also a spooky place, especially like a dusk when you can feel that there's nobody there, and it is a spooky place. The Church of Scientology. And then about AI. Who was it that you were talking to about AI?
Speaker 2: His name is Nick Bustrom. He's a very, very very smart man.
Speaker 1: And what's his expertise about AI?
Speaker 2: He's he's an innovator and he's an hypothesizer and a lecturer. He is really the kind of person who companies bring in to be like, hey, how do we get to the next level. He's really just like a mind. He's on those people that you know. When we booked him, I was like, oh, well, crap, I really got to study now, cannot Like this guy's going to school me. But he's really easy to talk to and he's incredibly smart. But yeah, he's really one of the pioneers behind AI, pushing as our future and how it can benefit us. You know, so many people are talking about the dangers of it, and you know I talked to him about that as well, and he always had a very sound, level headed rebuttal of like, hey, like, this is what's going on. We embrace it now or we're left behind. It could be harmful to you if you don't embrace it now.
Speaker 1: It's always true of any new technology that people are afraid of it, and nine times out of ten there's no reason to be afraid of it, and if it ultimately has no use, it disappears like betamax. So that's the deal, all right, Megan, This is great. When is this these reports going.
Speaker 3: To air in the next couple of weeks?
Speaker 2: You know, I think when I think next week might be AI and then the following week Scientology or vice versa. But you know, Walter, I just haven't made up my mind. My team is asking me the same thing. My editors were asking me the same thing, because I shoot teases for these things and they're like, where are we editing these teases on I'm like I got to sleep on it in the next couple of weeks. But today today our Prince Andrew Jeffrey Ebstein episode came out. So if you're looking to get caught up, that is live, that is on un Reported, and I'd love for you guys to watch that while I sit here and contemplate my next move.
Speaker 1: Give me a hook on the Jeffrey Epstein thing. Why should I watch?
Speaker 2: I speak to a lady named Sam McAllister. She is the woman who works for the BBC in the UK, and she actually booked Prince Andrew for the interview that ruined his royal career, potentially ruined his life, and we talked about is this justice for somebody who quite possibly was more than just friends, which every Epstein might have been engaged in a legal activity, is accused of sexual assault and is this actually justice when there are so many people who face the same accusations, who are just walking around free. Maybe they've testified behind closed doors in front of Congress, but you know, this man actually put his face out there and did an interview thinking he was going to clear his name, and it crumbled, not only his royal career, but potentially his life. So is this the kind of justice that we could see for somebody who is an associate of Epstein? But I mean her story is incredible about how she got him just a down for this interview, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Megan, that sounds fantastic. Thank you very much for your time today. And you're the star. You can decide when those pieces who run whenever you want, it's totally to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe your viewers can vote for me. Let me know what they say. I'll do whatever you can say.
Speaker 1: Thank you, good talking to you.
Speaker 3: Thanks Megan, Yeah bye