Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by La Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talker. Like back David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We are live at Dodgers Stadium after the Dodgers beat the Mariners for the ninth straight time going back to twenty twenty one. Tonight, the Dodgers complete the three games sweep with an eight to four victory over Scott's Service and the Seattle Mariners eight to four the final score. Jack Flaherty improves his record as a Dodger to three to zero overall, He's ten and five on the season. He beats Logan Gilbert, who is now seven to ten on the year. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I mentioned this on Monday Night. If you always have a hard time getting in when the Dodgers lose, well when they win, it's a lot more available to call in and get in touch with us. Eight six six none eight seven two five seventy. Coming up later in the show, we will hear from super reliever Evan Phillips, who has gotten his season back on track. He will let us know the reason why. Also, coming up, you will get a Tyler Glass now update. Yeah, remember him, Tyler Glass now who was trying to stay in the rotation with elbow tendinitis in Saint Louis all of a sudden. Now, we'll get to that later. Eight six sixne eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. How about the Dodgers lineup? It feels like it did last year and the last ten years. Right when they're healthy. It's a very tough lineup to get through. And never before had the Dodgers had three MVPs at the top of their lineup named Shoho, Tawny, Mookie Betts, and Freddy Freeman. The other night we did a Clayton Kershaw appreciation. How about a Freddy Freeman appreciation. This guy's playing with a hairline fracture in his right middle finger. He's got wrapping on it, he's throwing the baseball, he's playing good first base, and tonight he delivered a key to out double to drive in a run in the fifth inning, which turned out to be the knockout inning to get Logan Gilbert out of there. The Dodgers scored five runs. Thanks to Freddie Freeman and Company and Logan Gilbert. He found out that the lineup is just a little bit too much for him and certainly a guy that is one of the best in the American League. But this Dodger lineup one through nine is exhausting if you're a starting pitcher. And we saw that against three very good Seattle Mariners pitchers, and the Dodgers were able to come up with five big runs in that fifth inning. Max Munsey is more than expected coming back since not playing for a few months since May fifteenth. He now has two home runs that three run double tonight and has six RBIs so in total in three games back. Two homers, a double and six RBIs for Max Muncie. And I know Mookie Betts wants to downplay how good he is, but I'm sold on him being the number two hitter. I'm sorry he was one of and is the best leadoff hitter. But the facts are Mookie Betts is more clutch than show Hey Otani, as was evident again in the game tonight. When Otani cannot deliver all of a sudden, the pitcher cannot exhale. He's got Mooki Betts to deal with even with two outs. We saw that last night in the seventh inning when Mooki picked up O'tani driving in the tying run with two outs, and then tonight again Mookie Bets with two outs in the third inning, he drove in the first two runs with a double, a two out double and Mookie Bets. You know, I'm gonna spin this in a positive way. Everybody wants to pick apart Otani with the runners in scoring position, and it's completely valid, But how about Mookie Bets with runners in scoring position. How come you never hear anybody talk about that. Well, I'm here for that. Mookie Betts this year is hitting three fifty four with runners in scoring position. Don't forget before Mookie Betts unfortunately got hit by that pitch against the Royals and was out for six weeks with a broken left hand. He was the odds on favorite to win the National League MVP this year. To me, he is still the most valuable Dodger they have and it's evident with his impact since he came back on that last road trip in Milwaukee, he's had an impact on virtually every series, and tonight again had a huge impact on the game because all of a sudden, he put doubt in Logan Gilbert's mind and also got the Dodgers in early lead, a two to one lead in the third inning. So for me, Otani is one home run and one stolen base away from being a forty to forty player and probably is going to win the National League MVP. And I'm very happy for him because he has come to the Dodgers with a lot of expectations. But I will say this, Mookie Betts is the MVP of the Dodgers, even if Shohei Otani is the MVP of the National League, because think about what Mooki Bets did. He moved to a shortstop after he thought he was going to play second base, He misses six weeks, loses his spot as the leadoff hitter, and then is it comes to terms with the fact that the Dodgers are better with him in right field. I mean, what's more valuable than that? And by the way, if Mookie Bets goes off the way he did before he got hurt, call me crazy. You don't know what you have until it's gone. And when you have an award called the most Valuable Player, it's not the best player. Otani is the best player in baseball, best hitter in baseball. Him and Aaron Judge, they're right there. But when you talk about value, nobody is more valuable than Mookie Betts. As far as the Dodgers going, twenty twenty four eight six, six, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to the phones. Joey in CEO Beach, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Joey?
Speaker 3: How you doing? David?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: I just wanted to fall I actually called on Monday. How can I brought up the points?
Speaker 3: I brought up the points that win the World Series and that this lineup is deep and as you've seen the last two nights, man, this this lineup just feels it feels different. You know, all year it.
Speaker 5: Felt like we're plugging guys just because you know, all the injuries and stuff. And I just wanted to say how excited I am.
Speaker 6: It's it's great to see the Dodgers play.
Speaker 5: You know, they basically.
Speaker 2: Called in to take a victory lap, right, Joey, that's what you did.
Speaker 6: Basically Basically you're right.
Speaker 2: At least you're honest about it. Thanks a lot for the phone call. Joey and the Dodgers now are a season best twenty four games over five hundred. With their eight to four win over the Mariners. They have won four in a row, ten of their last thirteen as they head into the off day and have a four game lead in the NL West over San Diego and the Arizona Diamondbacks. Let's go out to Alan, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight, one of three million fans that have come to Dodgers Stadium this season. How you doing, Allen, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Alright on.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm good, David.
Speaker 7: Hey, I want to talk about Randa.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let's get to that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I know, you know, he got hit and I understand being upset about that.
Speaker 5: But you know, in between innings, Randy and Rose arena Is.
Speaker 4: I pointed out to my ten year old daughter, don't don't act like this guy acts like he walks from left field into the dugouts and yeah, I'm hoping, I'm hoping for some inside and information for you. There was a moment between him and ta Oscar. I don't know what's going on, what they were talking about, but Randy, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure ta Oscar was telling him because he was going to be coming up to start that inning, Taoscar was taking the time out to talk to him before is that bat in the sixth inning, to probably cool him down and tell him, like, hey, let's not turn this into a benches clearing, a bullpen clearing game night. There there was no intention to Jack Flaherty hitting him earlier in the game, so I'm sure Taoskar, who has the respect of so many players in the league, was just telling him, hey, cut it out.
Speaker 7: Nice, that's good to hear, and hopefully Randy took cart. I know there was a moment where there were rumors where Randy was potentially coming to Los Angeles, and I don't know, especially after today's game, I'm kind of happy. Did it didn't work out that way?
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the sounds of the stadium, it feels like you were not alone. Thanks for the phone call, Alan appreciated eight six, six, nine, seven, two five seventy. Look. I like Randy a rose Arenas machismo, his edge all that, but that was unwarranted tonight. And like I've told you and Petro some money, Jack Flaherty is not backing down from anybody he's got a lot of edge. He's not trying to be anybody's friend. When he's starting that day. It's reminiscent of the way Kershaw handles his day. I know some teammates when I was down on the sidelines filling in for Kirsten uh they were holding up their hands for high five. When he came into the dugout. I want to high five anybody. He was on a mission, and he's on a mission every time he starts. And I love the way he kept his composure. When Randio rose Arena was staring him down, he just laughed it off and that was the best way to handle things. And then when he beat him in the next battle in the third inning, when he flew out, I liked that he barked at him. And in Milwaukee, Jack Flaherty was barking at some brewers as well. So he will do that. He will let you know he is here and Randio rose Arena is not going to intimidate him. And you heard me say this after the Phillies series that I felt like the Dodgers were a little too nice. Well, Jack Flerity is not mister nice guy, and I love that he stood his ground and it was certainly much needed for this Dodger team. Speaking of Jack Flerity, let's head downstairs right now to hear from Harvard Westlake's own after winning his third game in Dodger Blue.
Speaker 8: I think first and foremost was getting off to a better start. First sitting has been a little rough since I got here, so it's nice to get to a better start, even though fall behind a bunch of guys early on, and then you know, as the game went on, you know, once we once we got that lead, and at that point it was just about trying to get deeper into the game and try to get some quick outs, you know, and just trying to fill up his own I was it was nibbling a little bit, just kept missing just barely. So some things to clean up going to the next one, but you know, made some adjustments from the first second inning and through the rest of the game.
Speaker 9: Of the perks of being part of this organization is obviously the offense that you get to pitch with.
Speaker 2: What's it like, I guess, knowing the support that you had out there and just kind of seeing them do what they do.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's a it's as deep a lineup as you're gonna find, and just one after the other, they just you know, what they did to uh pitching staff that Seattle has is is impressive. And what they did to Gilbert tonight. You know, there was just one after the other, relentless, and it's it's fun to watch. And sometimes you know, pitching, and you get a little like you just you just end up watch and you forget that you're throwing. So but it's just it's it's fun to watch all around.
Speaker 10: What Apple was going to be.
Speaker 8: I mean nothing, Man, I respect Randy as a player. He's been really good in this league for you know, as long as he's been here. Yeah, I mean, there's no reason for me to hit him in that position, and he took exception to it. So I got nothing, got nothing from respect for guys who are really good.
Speaker 2: In this league.
Speaker 8: So we said what we had to say. Boys jumped out of the dugout and remove on.
Speaker 11: What would you say to him after the fly.
Speaker 10: Out that night?
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is it doesn't matter. I'll stay between the lines. But there was nothing. We've both said what we had to say, and it's all good. I got nothing from respect for nothing but respect for.
Speaker 12: The guy, would you just evaluate like these four starts here since the trade and then how you sell the last month.
Speaker 8: Not I mean, okay, for for me, I feel like I came over in a in a good spot and it kind of hit I don't know, probably the weirdest fun cut probably been in all year in terms of just like nibbling, not quite getting deep enough in the games, not quite being a sharp, just just missing like tonight kind of was, like was all of that was I just just missing, falling behind, getting some bad counts, still gonna get guys out, still gonna make pitches, which is good, but you know you execute some of those, you know, getting deeper in a game, so like it's it's really it's really close, and it's just a matter of just continuing to work and you know turning starts like tonight into you know, seven endings.
Speaker 2: So that's that's what we're trying to do, all right. There's Jack Flaherty after tonight's win, the Dodgers beating the Mariners eight to four. Thanks to sports at LA for bringing us Jack Flaherty, who is now ten and five on the season. He is three and zero and four starts with the Dodgers. So he is still funding a way to keep the Dodgers in the game, even though he has not pitched his best like we saw in Detroit. And I love the self evaluation right there. And if you look across the board, not just the three and a half era, but the whip, that kind of tells you that he hasn't been his sharpest. But he competes. A lot of guys can't say that that's something you cannot measure. Jack Flaherty competes, and tonight he competed. He went five and two thirds innings, only allowed one earn run, and the Dodgers go on to sweep the Mariners eight to four. The Dodgers now are twenty three and twelve against American League teams. And going back to Jack Flaherty, there's lots of reasons why Jack flaherty has had some sort of renaissance to his career in twenty twenty four. I'm sure there's mechanical approaches and tweaks and all that, but the one statistic that sticks out is the strikeout to walk Raceihow. In his career, the strikeout to walk ratio was three and a half to one. This year, Jack Flaherty strike out to walk race show is six and a half to one. His only career season above the threes was twenty nineteen when he was, you know, four to one with the Cardinals. So he obviously has done something significant to have that type of strikeout to walk ratio. All right, we're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. We have two lines open at eight six six nine, eight seven two, five seventy. We'll get to more phone calls. We'll hear from Max Munsey and also Evan Phillips. Plus we have a Tyler Glass now update. Will he pitch against the Diamondbacks next week? We will let you know when we continue from Dodger Stadium after the Dodgers defeat the Mariners eight to four on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 9: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy, LA sports dot com and on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Vasse.
Speaker 13: His first pitch is swung on a pelted down the right field line that's headed for the corner. Taioscar scores. Here comes lux behind them. They're gonna wave home Will Smith, here's the relaying.
Speaker 2: It's late. Will score standing up, and Max Mounsey.
Speaker 14: Breaks the new Mariners reliever with a basis clearing double with two outs. It is now eight to one Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Max Monsey delivering the knockout blow against Trent Thornton and the Mariners as the Dodgers tonight score five runs in the fifth inning with two outs to beat Seattle eight to four. David Vasse live at Dodgers Stadium with you until the bottom of the hour, taking your phone calls at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy Daniels Jewelers. They are the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel location and say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Moments after the final out tonight, we had a chance to catch up with Max Munsey, who has made his presence felt in his first three games back with the Dodgers. So one and only Max Munsey, who delivered the knockout blow in the five run fifth inning, a basis clearing double. Feels like you never left. I wish that was the case.
Speaker 11: You know, as we've talked about, it's been a long, long couple months for me, But man, it feels good to be back.
Speaker 2: Max. You've been part of a lot of really good Dodger lineups, and you've been a big reason why. It feels like this lineup with you back, with ed Men, with Mookie and Freddie back feels very similar where you're wearing down the opposing starter.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, it's just some we do very well, something that I do very well, you know. I know I make a lot of else out there, but I also see a lot of pitches. It's not always an easy at bat for the pitcher, and it wears them down and it allows other guys in the line up to beat themselves and do what they want to do. And I feel like we've been seen that the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: You're not shy about really not shying away from any confrontation. Where were you with all that Randy A Rose Lorena drama.
Speaker 11: I was right there, you know, the most important thing for me in that situation is make sure Jack stays in the game. You know, if anything happens, I'll be there, you know, kind of sort things out. But we got to make sure Jack.
Speaker 2: Stays in the game.
Speaker 11: So that's my number one priority is get there, get between them and make sure that nothing's gonna happen to Jack.
Speaker 2: Great to have Max Mounsey back. The Dodgers are undefeated since Max Monsey came back. Thanks a lot for stopping sounds good. There he goes. Max Muncy, who, like I mentioned, remarkable, not playing since May fifteenth, comes back against a very good Mariner's pitching staff to have two home runs, a double, and six RBIs and delivered the knockout blow tonight with the bases loaded in two outs, three run double for Max Munsey and this Dodger lineup was outstanding again with two outs, especially Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman and Taaska Hernandez. Those guys delivered along with Max Munsey. Not to mention, everybody in this lineup tonight had a hit except for one guy, and that was Tommy Edman, who is going to have his share of hits. You got your first taste of Tommy Edmund wearing a Dodger uniform in this three game series against the Mariners. He's made some great plays in center field and shortstop already, and the bat will be there as well. Nowhere to breathe if you're an opposing starting pitcher, even as good as the Mariners are, let's hit out back to the phones. We have a few lines open as we go to the bottom of the hour. Coming up, we'll give you a Tyler Glass now update and here from Evan Phillips. But let's go check in with our guy James in North Hollywood, a regular on the show. How you doing, James?
Speaker 5: Hey, David doing great?
Speaker 4: Was that the game last night?
Speaker 3: And I just have to say, man, the way that we have handled the Mariners all series, I mean, this is what I hope we look like in October. And as for tonight, I got to give the credit to Jack Claerty because watching the game, I watched it from start to end. He didn't have it in the first two innings, and like the pro that he is, he went and found it. And on the opposing side, you got a great picture for the Mariners. And they say that good pitching beats good hitting, and they say that for reason it's because it's true. But when you have all the pieces of the Dodgers lineup healthy and you know in the line that they're supposed to be, we actually break that rule. So when I look ahead towards October, if we can get glass Now back, and we can get Yamamoto back, and our lineup looks the way it does tonight, God help anybody that's got to face this. You say you get more calls when the Dodgers lose, But I hope that everybody that likes to call in when we lose is listening to me right now and to your positivity right now, and knows that we are the team to beat.
Speaker 2: No doubt. James. I feel like a lot of people out there are quick to poke holes in the Dodgers. And I've said this before, there is no perfect team out there. But consider this. The Dodgers have gone through more adversity this year with injuries and just underperformance in the first half by a few different players and really not getting a lot of consistency out of their starting pitching. The second half of the season. They were basically a five hundred team for the better part of the last two months. All of a sudden. Now they've won ten of their last thirteen. They have gotten healthy with their lineup one through nine, and honestly, if you look at their bench one through fourteen, they have gotten contributions from a lot of different players. You would have expected from Jason Hayward's go ahead pinch hit home run last night. Kevin Kiermeyer has been better than advertised because the defense has been there and the offense hasn't been too bad. I mean, he's come up with some hits, some big hits in Saint Louis and Milwaukee. So this is a very deep team and Dave Roberts has a lot of options, and they're not a platoon team right now. They have a set lineup and Tommy Edmond is going to start, you know, fitting into this lineup as well. So the Dodgers. You know, as much as people want to poke holes in this team, the facts are they have the best record in baseball. With all that being said, they're in really good position, especially with Yoshiyamamoto on his way back for at least two or three starts before the end of the season. Tyler Glass now went from I could pitch on Saturday to going on the IL, and now Dave Roberts said Glass Now is not throwing yet, which means he's not going to be active the way Glass Now said he would be twelve days or over the weekend, twelve days from his last start. Now, there's still some question about whether or not he will be active off the IL against the Arizona Diamondbacks. That's a big four game series coming up when the Dodgers conclude this homestand three with the Rays, three more with the Orioles, then a four game showdown against the Arizona Diamondbacks. It's the last four games these two teams will play against each other, even if the Dodgers split, because at this point in time in the season, if the Dodgers go into Arizona with the lead they have right now, four games, time is on the Dodgers side. Time is running out on the Padres and Diamondbacks to catch the team with the best record in baseball who just got healthy and is just about to take off. And then you look at the Dodgers' schedule in September and the final two weeks of the season. They played nine of their last twelve games against the Marlins and Rockies. Congratulations to the Diamondbacks and Padres, who already have gone to Miami the last two weeks and got some easy wins. The Dodgers have got some coming at the right time in the final two weeks of the regular season, nine of their last twelve against two of the worst teams in baseball, the Marlins and Rockies. Let's go back out to the phones, Ben and Canoga Park. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi Ben live from Dodgers Stadium. Who could say.
Speaker 5: That, David, thanks from taking my call. Man, I'm not at Dodger Stadium. Did it say that?
Speaker 2: No, I'm at Dodgers Stadium. You're at Canoga Park.
Speaker 5: I'm in park. That's right. Hey, listen, bro, you got me feeling like a fair weather fan. Uh, you know, this might be my first time actually calling after a Dodger's victory.
Speaker 2: There we go. You don't want to be like Kenn Newport Beach. You want to call when they win too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna start doing that with him. I have. I want to hear your thoughts on this this intending roster crunch that's coming up here, and you know, looking at the all the possibilities, and I'm I'm looking at a guy like Kevin Kiermeyer. You know, he's he's acting like a guy who's been on the team for ten years. You know, he's on the top step, rooting for his teammates, you know, uh, you know, greeting them after homers and stuff.
Speaker 2: And the Dodgers a way to keep Kevin Kiermeyer. Kevin Kiermeyer is not going anywhere. There is a place for Kevin Kiermeyer on this roster, even with Chris Taylor coming. They have got to find a way to keep Kevin Kiermeyer on this team.
Speaker 5: What's what's the other possibilities. I don't see them getting.
Speaker 2: Rid of Well, now get rid of key K. He's been one of the best players in the month of August, and since Munsey came back, he hasn't gotten in a bat. So you know, I I would Key K Hernandez is not going anywhere. They got really good players now. All of a sudden, we had a team that resembled the Angels surrounding Sho Heo Tani when they had all the injuries coming out of the All Star break. And now you got a real team, and you got a lot of spots, and you know, there's you got a lot of really good players and not a lot of spots. So it's a good problem to have been. But I'm very confident Andrew Friedman can get creative to have Chris Taylor, Kevin Kiermeyer, and Jason Hayward on this roster when September one rolls around.
Speaker 5: Awesome. Yeah, thank you so much for that. I just wanted to know the possibilities of you know, of that roster crunch. So thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: My pleasure, Ben. Yeah, I mean, come on, can't go anywhere. Kevin Kiermer cannot go anywhere. He is too much fun to watch in center field. He makes a huge difference out there defensively. He gets the balls that he doesn't have to leap against the wall, and he's able to catch fly balls in stride. He's just one of the best center fielders defensively of his generation. And when Tommy Edmund has to play shortstop like he did tonight because Miguel rojas Is right hamstring was flaring up, you have Kevin Kiermer to play center field. So he's not going anywhere, and if he does, I'll still do the show. But I won't be happy. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number I wanted to share Evan Phillips with you because there have been many of you that have jumped off that Evan Phillips bandwagon. And Evan Phillips missed a month with I believe a right hamstring injury. He came back and really never was as sharp as we saw before that injury. And Evan Phillips joined us on the pregame show earlier today and explained what he was doing wrong and the right he has made to get his season back on the right track. You been able to right the ship? What's been the process for you, you.
Speaker 12: Know, coming off the hamstring injury. I think we were just a little, uh maybe too patient and too passive with getting my body completely back on track. And I think everything felt so close for you know, really about a month there, and we were just kind of towing that line for a while about how we wanted to go about it, and eventually we really just decided to challenge my lower half and and really you know, focus on getting things back in line. And you know, when we did that, you know, we get the physical side in line to mental peace right, and then an overall you know game plan in line as well. I think, you know, putting those pieces to get other has really, you know, been the reason I've seen this upswing, you know, coming off of that. That's the rough pass for me.
Speaker 2: What about the trust factor? I hear so many guys, even as recently with Gavin Lex where you just got to trust that your body's completely healthy. Was there a mental hurdle to be crossed as well?
Speaker 12: You know, it's hard to say, because something that I never felt, you know, wrong physically. I think there was just some some things mechanically that we're getting out of whack that you know, once we addressed it and you know, kind of took the chain of events that that created, right, So we kind of analyze the issue and then you know, get get it right in the weight room, get right in the training room, and then get my mental side you know, locked in as well. And then yeah, at the end of the day, you got to go out there and trust those factors and trust all that preparation, and trust your talent too. I think that was a big part of it for me, is that you know, pitching, being a reliever, those things just in general, there's gonna be some variants, right, You're gonna get You're gonna have your audience where you give up runs and the game's gonna, you know, get you here and there. But being able to trust that you can go out there and get the job done still, it's definitely a big part of it.
Speaker 2: All Right. There's Evan Phillips, who obviously is very in tune with his body and his pitching mechanics and really one of the Dodgers that or a lot of them that have a high baseball IQ. And it's good to hear himself evaluate and obviously by watching him pitch and be more aggressive in the strike zone with his fastball, you can tell that Evan Phillips is back to being Evan Phillips. Let's take one more phone call before we say good night. Brock, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi, Brock, you're on Dodgers on Dodger Talk TV.
Speaker 10: Thank you for taking my call. It's been a long time. Last time I spoke to you was May thirty first, so I'm not calling to say I told you so, but during that time I did. I did say this right Whenever he was hurt.
Speaker 2: But let's put it into context. May thirty first, the Dodgers played the Rockies here Dodger Stadium after the Reds and Mets road trip. All right, so that's where we were on May thirty first, Brock calling into the game, it was probably eleven o seven Pacific to.
Speaker 10: That's right, that's right, you've tracked. It was a humble brag. It was military appreciation night.
Speaker 6: It was a loss, unfortunately, but it was the night that I was able to see the national anthem. It was it was a beautiful night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember this guy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I took over the show. You know that, Dave, that you gave it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your service. But man, so what what are you calling the humble brag about tonight? That you you believe you knew they were gonna have the best record in baseball, that's right.
Speaker 10: Not the best record in baseball, but that we would come back from these injuries and the way monthsy and and being at the game tonight.
Speaker 6: Uh, being in the we're out Nousfield pavilion, just just witnessing the greatness and what Showhotani is right now in person, watching him up close, watching him steal, watching him not.
Speaker 10: Be able to do the job that he is also assigned to do and be able to equip himself to steal bases like that and be on your track. This type of it's pretty loud enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and is great, But you're right. I mean, he is a physical marvel Brock, no doubt about it. I mean, and the way he steals bases for his size, it's it's really something we haven't seen. We haven't seen players do what Otani has done in a lot of different ways. But the forty forty thing is not something I believe anybody really thought would happen. And when O'tani is asked about it, whenever he makes himself available, people ask him whether or not this was a goal considering he wasn't going to pitch this year, and you know, he downplays it, but you have to believe he did set goals for himself and I feels like whatever he sets out to do, he accomplishes, and I feel like forty forty was a goal this year.
Speaker 9: Sure.
Speaker 2: All right, Brock, thanks for the phone call. Be safe making that right turn call back anytime as well. All right, that'll do it for us. On Dodger Talk, Tonight Tomorrow, the Dodgers have an off day, but yours truly will be there for you at six o'clock Tomorrow night, off Day Dodger Talk from six to seven pm following Petrosen Money's final tour stop at the Van Spot in Costa Mesa. Dave Roberts is going to join us tomorrow night at six point thirty on our off day show, and we will take more of your phone calls as we get you ready for the rest of this homestand when the Dodgers resume this homestand Bobby Miller will be on the mound Friday night in the opener against the Rays. The Rays have not put out their starting rotation for this three game series, so I'm not sure if Ryan Pepio is going to pitch back at Dodger Stadium, but Johnny de Luca will be back at Dodger Stadium with that blonde mustache of his Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at six o'clock with first pitch at seven ten. And by the way, there is dissension in the ranks on that Rai's team. We saw Yondi Diaz and Jose Caballero go at it tonight. A big argument in that dugout bigger than what we saw between Randia Rose Arena and Jack Flaherty tonight. So keep an eye on the soap opera that is the Tampa Bay Rays. Thanks to Colin Ye back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald who already I think started his car, Hugh, I guess he'll catch the rest of the show on the iHeartRadio app. That's where you can find all of it. We will talk to you tomorrow night at six o'clock for off day Dodger Talk once again. The final score from Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers sweep the Mariners with an eight to four victory. Have a great rest of your night. We'll talk to you tomorrow, See Yam.