Speaker 1: Right now, let's say good morning to the host of Home right here on KFI. It's the house whisper Dean Sharp Dean. We're going to go high tech with homes this week.
Speaker 2: We are, we are, We're going to be talking about the very best of the Consumer Electronics Show, which kind of for Southern California's kind of slipped by us this year.
Speaker 3: I know, normally it's a big thing.
Speaker 2: It oh, it's a huge thing. It's a huge thing, but you know, our attentions were focused on some other things, and yet the show happened, and it was a banner year in Vegas on January seventh through the tenth. And there are some interesting things that are starting to develop now. Every few years, you know, we check in with cees every year. Every few years, though, you know, you can tell that we've turned a corner and then there are filler years are kind of the result. And I think this is one of those turning the corner years because and this won't come as a big surprise to anybody because of Ai. Ai was the undisputed king of Cees this year. And we're gonna here is where we begin to see it literally soaking into everything around us AI, especially in our homes.
Speaker 1: Okay, so give us a couple of quick examples of things, and then you're gonna be talking about this all weekend.
Speaker 3: I would guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, we're gonna talking about mainly on Sunday. We're gonna do calls tomorrow, but mainly on Sunday. But yeah, I mean things that we're familiar with getting just smarter things like home security. You know, there have been what we call biometric door locks on the market for several years, meaning that they read your I or you put your thumb on them and they unlock automatically without your key. Now there are palm reading door locks, probably the most convenient of all. You just hold your hand up a couple inches away from the screen pad and AI is capable of reading the veins in your palm in order to unlock your door easy it is. This is something that I think is really special. Home cameras. Security cameras been around for a long time now, and every year they get just better and easier to install. But now home cameras with intelligent AI commentary.
Speaker 3: What is that? So? What does that mean?
Speaker 2: So let's say you got a porch cam like a ring cam, something like that on your you know, your front porch, and you know you normally get an alert, Hey, somebody's at the somebody's at the front door. Now the alert sounds more like three individuals are conversing on the front porch.
Speaker 3: Oh, so it tells you what you're seeing.
Speaker 2: It tells you what you're seeing. And here is something that parents are gonna absolutely love. A crib or a nursery cam that's that's you know, poised over the crib at night, can now send you an alert saying something like your child's face might be obstructed by a blanket.
Speaker 3: Oh that would be good. Okay, so very cool.
Speaker 2: This is the kind of stuff that we're seeing, These these incredibly intelligent versions of things we've seen before.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would also like to go down your list because I'm looking at all the things going. I want to talk about that and that and that's which means we just have to listen to your show this weekend. But Rumba is getting a little bit of a reboot and going a little high tech.
Speaker 3: Everybody loves rumbas.
Speaker 2: Were and I say rumbas, I'm using it kind of like the word Kleenex. Robotic vacuums of every brand, shape and size were just all over the place at ces.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like a Rumba, the new Rumba vacuum can also mop the floor with hot water, which is it's.
Speaker 3: So perfect for me because I hate mopping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so there's one version that has a mop that's offset that it actually comes out of the side and can actually reach under the edge of like cabinet kicks and things like that. Just amazing. And of course these are AI smart robots now, and so they actually some of them have sensors and eyes that don't just blindly follow their pattern, but will navigate around a piece of furniture that's been moved, or notice that there's a piece of debris still that they've missed, and they'll go back and get it.
Speaker 3: It's a robotic arm. It'll go back and pick something up.
Speaker 2: The roboock robot vacuum has a robotic arm that comes out of the top. It looks like we're, you know, at the International Space Station. Using one of those arms. It'll pick up and dispose of objects off the floor, like there's a sock in the hallway that fell out of somebody's whatever. It'll grab it, take it to a predetermined location like a a hamper, drop it off, and then get right back to work.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Rumba's not only for inside anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true. We've got robotic lawnmowers like crazy these days, mowing your lawn robotically. The thing that I think was just super impressive also was the new beat Bot robotic pool cleaner for people who have pools. Now we're talking about this device. It is about the size of a small kitchen trash. Can not hooked up any longer to the big hose and the filter and all of that. It's on its own. It's got its own platform and a ramp in which it can get down into the water. When it's done, it climbs up the ramp and sits recharges cleans itself for its next cycle. Okay. So it enters the pool and exits the pool by itself. It uses submarine technology to adjust its level in the pool. It takes on water to submerge, it expels the water in order to come back up and float. And because of its AI sensors twenty seven sensors and an AI based camera, it not only covers every square inch of the pool and the tile and the water surface. But it again, if it notices, oh I missed a leaf, it'll go back and pick up debris on the bottom.
Speaker 3: Of the pool.
Speaker 2: It is totally jetsous.
Speaker 3: I love that. I can't wait to listen to your show this week.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Home with Dean Sharp right here on KFI Saturday from six to eight am and then Sunday from nine to two talking super sick tech gadgets from your home or for your home that you picked up at CES.
Speaker 3: I love this, Dean Sharp, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thanks Am