Speaker 1: Check podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 3: Sure what I says to an overly curved super blade do nothing Blue?
Speaker 2: With Don Taylor?
Speaker 3: I say that the winner of the draft lottery should be the winner of a two man loose.
Speaker 1: And Rick Dolly Wall I had a cherry tree up a little Ricky. I used to go up that tree and just sit there for hours and bunch on those Jerry years.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: Ten o'clock at downtown Vancouver, bron the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man at the controls, our director, the voice of God, Derek Wong. I didn't know about this until a few minutes ago. Taking the day off why, I'm not sure. We'll investigate that later. Nina Savage in his place.
Speaker 1: Nina's in for Derek.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I lovely? Couldn't be better.
Speaker 3: Because it's raining, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of stuff to talk about. That's why I love it.
Speaker 3: Well, some news, and we'll get to the Canucks in Colorado last night, losing that game three to one, and we'll look ahead to their home stand. But some news just moments ago broke regarding the Vancouver Canucks and their farm club, the Abbots, for they're getting bolstered down there, at least for one game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for one game, Ryan, if you want to show it. Defenseman pd Ellish, defenseman Eliast Peterson, the defense PPD DPD is what I'm trying to say is got sent down to Abbits for this morning along when Tiquita Tolapilo, So they're an Abbey Abby's playing. They played last night at home against Calgary. They got four home games this week done, so they're going to play Calgary again tonight. It's a chance to get Patterson's been a healthy scratch last two games and Tolapilo left the road trip because his wife was in labor. So it gives them a chance to get into game tonight and then.
Speaker 3: They can come back for tomorrow's game home game against Utah.
Speaker 1: They started a four game homes dead if the coach wants to yeah, yeah, yeah, back in the lineup.
Speaker 3: Okay, last night I went to the Dallas game live in Vancouver Rogers ran a couple of thursdays ago, and I felt the same way. Although I thought that Colorado was more impressive than the Dallas. I felt the same way after last night's game as I did after the Dallas game. I thought the Caaducks played well. Thought I thought they hustled. And I'm not saying they stayed right there talent wise, with Colorado and Dallas. Far from it. I don't know if those teams are at their best. Kaducks played pretty well, but they still lost. It's just not good enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and comes down to talent. And hey, that was the last game of a road trip, don and you just said, oh, they played well at the tail end the last game. It's the second period that killed him. And you can't give Nathan McKinnon two goals in the final minute of the first period and then the final minute of the second period and you're going in easier said than the cat out. The worst thing you killed momentum. You get those guys momentum when you caught up a goal late in the game.
Speaker 3: Period shots on goal thirty one to twenty one Dallas, so that Kevin Lankin was solid. Primy thirty one twenty one, Colorado Avs out shooting the Cannucks twenty six to thirteen through two. But when you look at attempts because the Kinnocks, I remember this was a problem for Rick Talckett last year. He talked about it a lot. They couldn't hit hit the net last year and that was a problem. Yesterday attemps sixty three fifty eight for the AFT, So a little bit tighter there when it come when it comes to the attempt stat versus shots on goal again at the Canucks were okay, They're just they're not strong enough. They're not they're not deep enough, especially against that Colorado team. They're very, very impressive.
Speaker 1: Oh the nineteen to one and what are they know? Nineteen one and six one regulation one regulation lost? Are you kidding me? They're the only dominant team in the National Hockey League. You mentioned Lincoln and shots were twelve three and one point in the first He kept him in, He really played well.
Speaker 3: Okay, highlights Nina, we're good rock and roll Ballerina Denver, Colorado early first period, all Abbotsford at Tu ratu Our debates in front of Lindis Carlson. He beat Scott Wedgewood his fifth one nothing Canucks Carlson's fifth, not Wedgewood's fifth, that would be something.
Speaker 1: Fill a minute of the opening frame.
Speaker 3: Here come the Aves val d Kushkin spins back to Sam Malinsky hay shot it stopped rebound two. Nathan McKinnon, the former moosehead of Halifax with his twenty first one to one in Denver.
Speaker 1: We go to period number two.
Speaker 3: Gabriel Landeskog left side passed to brock Nelson high stick side on Kevin lancoln and two one Avs in the home Burgundy with the blue, silver and white trim, a little bit of black in there as well. Five and a half minutes later, loose puck gobbled up by Landis Cog and he teasing up for Nathan McKennon. Second of the night, twenty second of the year, Colorado knocks off Vancouver three to one.
Speaker 1: Kadak's host Utah on Friday. Well, now you come home, Donnie, You come home where you're You've been struggling all year at home. You know they play better on the road, they really do. They have better efforts for some reason, I don't know why. Now they got the Utah Mammoth the media. Yeah Friday. Then you got the third best team in the National Hockey League, Donny Minnesota, who just beat Edmonton last night one nothing. Their rookie goaltender what is his name done?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gusper Walls tag another shutout.
Speaker 1: That guy shut out and and and you know what he's.
Speaker 3: Putting on the spot there? Did you have that?
Speaker 1: And you're not? I was thinking Gustavsend, not Wallstrom or whatever it is. But anyways, that guy is going to be in the Rookie of the Year candidate or converse. You got the hot one of the hottest teams in the National Hockey coming into.
Speaker 3: Town, shoutout after shutout for him. So the Avalanche become just the second NHL team which is one regulation loss through its first twenty six games. You know, the first team I'm putting you on the spot. Okay, you know the first team was to do that. No, the seventy nine nineteen eighty Philadelphia Flyers coach by Fredcheriw Pat Quinn pack.
Speaker 1: Quinn, pack Quinn.
Speaker 3: Mustachioed Pat Quinn, the late great Pat Quinn love pack Winn before he went to the Kings, before Quinn Gate, before he got to the Vancouver Cannucks, and best people will say save the Vancouver franchise when it was definitely floundering. That was the Philadelphia team. Would you pay attention? Yeah? That was the Philadelphia team that lost to the Islanders in the Stanley Cup Final. The Bob Nystrom overtime goal, the first of four streams?
Speaker 1: Who called that?
Speaker 3: Who called that?
Speaker 1: Jim Robson, Jim Robson.
Speaker 3: The first of or Street Stanley Cup titles for the goal.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget that goal and great call by Jim Robson on that goal.
Speaker 3: Always yeah, always shout out to uh to Jim Okay post game. This is Adam Foot, post game, post road trip, Adam Foot and Quinn Hughes last night on a one to two on one road trip and a decent effort in Denver that they might be able to build on. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, like you just said, wins had the most important thing. If you lose, but you lose three to one and not five to one or whatever not, you're still losing. Can we build from it? Yeah? For sure, but at the end of the day, it still zero zero. To start the next game, you gotta be ready to go.
Speaker 3: I feel like you guys played well enough to get more than three points.
Speaker 1: Out of this trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe I think that we probably could have won San Jose. You obviously could have won LA one. Anaheim tonight played well, but I mean they're obviously better in the second. But I thought we had some good looks in the third.
Speaker 3: We played good.
Speaker 5: I mean, I hate we lost three. One that gets a great hockey team. The first one bounced rebound right to the McKinnon and we know he's there. We're a little bit often, but it was. And then uh lost coverage on another one, and you know, I had a two on one, so they're they're going to put those in and but it looked like they didn't get too much tonight, but we had to bury a couple early. I think we had two or three breakaways in the first for sure, two breakaways, and I either one was a two on one. It'd be nice to see one of those go down.
Speaker 3: But you know, planning against.
Speaker 5: A good team, and and we got to make sure we get ours when we can, because they capitalize on the fewest mistakes there you go.
Speaker 3: So back to back now at home, which we've seen a lot of throughout the National Hockey League, certainly with the Canucks. Never saw that before, but we've got that compressed, that condensed schedule now with the Olympics Utah Friday, Minnesota on Saturday.
Speaker 1: The roster, the schedule never gets easier done, it never gets easier for these guys.
Speaker 3: At the end of the game, Evander Kine, I believe it was near the end of the game, but brock Besser got hurt his shoulder, Evander Kine and Evander Kine cut. I believe it was with a lines of the skate, a skate to his forearm. Is you are these are these players okay?
Speaker 1: So Adam Adam Foot said that the skin was lacerated, but Foot thinks Kane will be okay, avoided a serious injury, so that's good news on Evander Kane. Brock Besser did come back. It was a shoulder and he was on the ice when they pulled the goaltender at the end, so that's good news as well.
Speaker 3: What's all this talk about a trade with Detroit.
Speaker 1: I'm staying out of the Quinn Hughes stuff. I mean he's not available.
Speaker 3: All good?
Speaker 1: Well what you hear flipped, I'm not here. I'm hearing more on the other guys, not on Quinn Hughes. But everybody seems to have a destination for on.
Speaker 3: The Elliott Friedman a clip later on. But let's focus on the other guys because according to you, no one cares about Quinn here. But Keifer Sherwood. What's the latest on him? There's a connection between Keifer Sherwood and the Montreal Ottawa game last night?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There is?
Speaker 1: Uh. It seems like to me, Donnie, five to seven teams are well positioned to take a run at Sherwood and give the Canucks what they want, which is a young player as opposed to a futures deal. Wouldn't surprise me if two teams are showing more than passing interest in Sherwood, they're Minnesota and Montreal. Canucks scouted the Montreal Ottawa game last night. Could they be trying to get a young player like Zach Bull Duke thinks thinks can change real quick, Donnie. One phone call. But one team told me this morning they think the Canucks are slow playing things a little with Sherwood to get the best deal they can. They don't seem to be in a rush right now and just getting everyone's views. Some teams want Sherwood as a rental someone to sign them before that. Did hear the Jim Rutherford is certainly the point guy on all trades. You want to talk, you're calling Jim. You want to you want to infote, You're calling Jim.
Speaker 3: Jim's happened to the general man.
Speaker 1: I know he's in there working too, but I've had more than a few people tell me the gym's the guy. Also, someone told me, you know how Canucks in Philadelphia are talking trade. Someone told me the Canucks really like own tipp It and Philly, but that would be a hard get. Uh, Donny, that's a that's a that's a guy not for sure with just other stuff.
Speaker 3: And uh, okay, this is just.
Speaker 1: Well I'm telling you what I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: You just mentioned two players that aren't centers. Yes, I know, but they also and on tipp It Okay, they were after Okay, okay, but hold it down. Funny almost they done.
Speaker 1: They also went after bowing Byram and they're going after the Russian defenseman.
Speaker 3: I could see going after bowling Byram. What if if you felt you were going to lose Quinn here, that's it bingo. Maybe they can get a center if through Quinn Hughes someday who knows.
Speaker 1: Hard to figure these guys just not yea, I know, but you they like a lot of guys, you know, and whether he's on the right side or center, just you hear stuff.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but we've been hearing for I think since the start of the memo that they needed to get a center, second line center.
Speaker 1: I think the Canuck second line center.
Speaker 3: You're bringing up players that aren't there, aren't I.
Speaker 1: Know, I I know that there after Well even the bull Duke kid in Montreal, he's not a center.
Speaker 3: Well I think he's a lefty that plays the right side. And we talked last week about how heavy the right side is.
Speaker 1: The right side. But they also know they're going to lose Surewood too, right, So h it's just crazy right now, there's just there, they're central rumors all over the NHL. It's it's it's Vancouver. It's Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Okay, the other we haven't got time for the Elliot clip because we want to dig deep into that. Did you happen to watch Vegas in Chicago after the Colorado Vancouver I did.
Speaker 1: I flipped over.
Speaker 3: What a wonderful game, Vegas winning it in a shootout. But look look at Connor Bodard last night. I think this guy's not hungry to play in Italy.
Speaker 1: How do you like? I don't know how they're going to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the third period goal put the Hawks up in Vegas eventually tied things, you know, ended up winning in a shootout and Carter Hert's return to the National Hockey League. But this wasn't all that Connor Bodard was up to. We're gonna see the how many replays we got here? But he also is there this is a shootout move. Yeah, just like I don't know if I've seen a move like that before. Maybe I have, I'm not sure, but I guess it's actually special because Badard is on a mission. How do you keep this guy off? And I know everybody talks about Maclin celebrating when you talk about the two young North Fan kids that's picked a first overall, drafted first overall in the National Hockey League, celebrating gets the nod over Badard because of his two hundred foot game, that it's better than Badar's. But you're telling me that guy is not not motivated. How do you keep them?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: But both of them off.
Speaker 1: He's improved a skating from last year. Don't know what he did in North Fan this year? Was it was working out well?
Speaker 3: He worked out with Celebrini.
Speaker 1: Celebrini. Yeah, and so these guys he had a great summer well, I think.
Speaker 3: Even most more so, there was some shifts last night wherehere if you focused on Badard, he was working his ass off defensive work, and you didn't You didn't see that before with him. I'm not I'm not saying, you know, he's I'm not saying any means a horrible hockey player or anything like that. But clearly people are around the league feel that Celebrini's defensive game is stronger than Badards, but that Connor Baard's working working at it. And then you see the skill levels off the charts. That was just you didn't hear it there, but that he had the ping off the bar. Oh so nice.
Speaker 1: But Donny, can you take a nineteen and a twenty year old put him in the top six or do you take them? And you know, they're on the taxi squad or whatever for a couple of games.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll say what I've said earlier on in the show, and you know, speaking of the late Gray pat Quinn, you don't want to see what happened in six again? When can that came back? With so much of the team that won in Salt Lake City in two thousand and two. Sydney Crosby wasn't on that team at two thousand and I remember that he was. He was a rookie that year and he didn't didn't make that team and at the end of it, Canada finished out of the medals. And part of the reason a lot of people felt was that their roster was too old.
Speaker 1: Too old, so you gotta have a mix in there. And you get the Shaffer kid in New York. He's only eighteen.
Speaker 3: They're thinking, yeah, they're they're they're talking about taking too many young guys about him as well. We understand Tyler Sagan has torn nee licaman, so he's going to be out for the year or does a possibility out for the years. Dallas involved with the Cannucks at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are in n Sherwood, So Dallas, I wonder if that Donny Oo Sagan's a center, Yeah, but I mean they are in Unsurewood. They definitely have.
Speaker 3: Called how are we doing right? Good? Docter Breakers was coming up on the show DTMC. Is it just me coming up at the eleven o'clock hour John Shannon Just after eleven Well talked with John about this, speaking of the Olympics, the size of the ice surface in Milan, you know, is it You're in p and I supposed to be bigger, bigger, This is just apposed going to be smaller than the NHL. I So we'll talk to John about that big ride. The Twitter guy coming up later this hour and we haven't touched on it yet yet. But all of Vancouver, all of BC, anybody who cares about the white Caps, so excited about what's happening Saturday, eleven thirty Pacific time in Fort Lauderdale MLS Cup, Miami, the Herons they call them, right, Miami FC up against the Vancouver white Caps. And with that in mind, of course, the last, you know, most memorable soccer victory in Vancouver history nineteen seventy nine, the white Caps winning the NASL Soccer Bowl against the Tampa Bay rowdies front and center. A man who's now an ambassador for the Vancouver white Caps, Carl Valentine. He's going to join us next.
Speaker 1: Love Carl.
Speaker 3: One of your favorites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love twenty one.
Speaker 3: Everybody's favorite. Number twenty one in your program, number twenty lucky number program Carl's next. Thanks so much for tuning in, Folks. Donnie and Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dollie. The team is supported by Abelauctions DOTZ. Closing your business, we can help.
Speaker 1: Looking for the ultimate Vancouver Island getaway.
Speaker 3: Head to beautiful Parksville and experience the Bayside ocean Front Resort, where every stay feels like a vacation you'll never forget. From sunrise walks on the beach to sunsets on the patio, Bayside puts you steps from the sand with ocean views in every direction, Splashing the indoor and outdoor pools, hit the fitness center, then relax with a handcrafted cocktail at the oceanfront restaurant and lounge. Whether it's date night, a family trip, or a corporate event, Bayside is your perfect year round escape. Book your getaway now at two five zero two four A eight tuple three. Your Island adventure starts here.
Speaker 7: Vancouver's soccer fans turned out by the thousands today to welcome home they have victorious white Caps. The white Caps captured the North American Soccer League Championship yesterday by beating the Tampa Bay rowdies two to one at Giant Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. More on the West Coast. Celebrations from Blair Griffiths Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Rightscape victorious white Caps.
Speaker 7: That to welkick wilcome on the return from New York. It estimated that over thirty thousand people find the parade route to catch a glimpse of the new.
Speaker 3: Euro There you go nineteen seventy and just love it as we look at a COVID cert craven holding a Yeah, soccer ball, but just broadcasting is way better back there. Oh it was it really, it really was, including the outdated White Camps logo at the start of that broadcast. Love love it Okay, nineteen seventy nine. I didn't realize this until yesterday. I had to be reminded about this when I was doing my research. White Caps win the Soccer Bowl nineteen seventy nine, Carl Valentine was on that team. He was a rookie, a rookie, he just got to Vancouver and they end up taking over the town. They win the nineteen seventy nine Soccer Ball and he's been around these parts ever since. With a brief stop back in England, Young Buck back in the eighties, Carl joins us. Now, Carl, thanks for now an ambassador with these white Caps. How are you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm great. That brings back some memories done it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is this taking you back to nineteen seventy nine to run the current white Caps are on?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 6: You know what's very similar?
Speaker 8: In seventy nine we signed a certain player, Alan Ball, who was also a World Cup winner, and Tony Waiters, when he was doing an interview, said he was the messing piece. And you know we've got Thomas Miller that's coming in to already go team and he's just taking the team to another level.
Speaker 3: Can you compare the to Allan Ball who's left us by the way, For people who don't know, you know, nineteen sixty six World Cup champion with England. He was the playoff MVP that year in the North American Soccer League. Can you make comparisons in terms of stop both midfielders, between Alan Ball and Thomas Mueller.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go without a doubt.
Speaker 8: And that's the only way I can get to talk about England winning a World Cup with ce mentioned Alan Ball sixty six. But yeah, Alan Ball was very similar to Thomas Muller. Great character, but he was a winner. You know, he won the World Cup with England in when he was twenty years old in nineteen sixty six, and you can imagine that.
Speaker 6: Pressure playing at home at Wembley.
Speaker 8: So you know when he come into our team, he brought that winning mentality which Mueller has. I mean, he's such a fantastic professional on and off the pitch, and you've seen the difference he's made to what was already a good team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Carlin, In what ways, if any, does this edition of the white Caps, the current edition of the way Caps, remind you of that nineteen seventy nine side.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a great, a great question.
Speaker 8: I mean I think we were we were feared, we called the English mafia, and nobody really wanted to play against us because you know, we had some skill, but you know, we were pretty face. I think this team that we have this year. We play excellent soccer. They can counter attack you, they can open you up, and they've just overcome so much adversity this year with the number of players losing Ryan Gold, that captain for most of the year, sam Ada Kubi went out season ended injury, Ranco, we lost a number of center backs. We've had to get a midfield of pre sold there and it just doesn't seem to face this team. So, you know, the big comparison his Ball and Mula, but I think it's definitely a team that fears no one.
Speaker 1: Hey, where did the season come from, Carl? You know, the coach was hired late, the owner said we need a new stadium, and then then we got this magical run. It's a beautiful team. Soccers on the top of mines for everybody in Vancouver.
Speaker 8: Nobody saw this, Carl No and everyone's giving the molestick for putting his near the bottom of MLS at the beginning of the year. But you can't really blame him because, as you said, I think, yes, we came in and met the guys at the airport on the way to Spain. We'd lost a couple of key players, brought some new players in that nobody knew about, and you know, we were to play more games than anybody else, and I just don't think anyone expected. I think we were a team that was trending up under Vanny. We've shown that in the playoffs last year. But yes, we's come in and taking this team to another level. And if you look at the team throughout the season, because of all the injuries and all the things they've had to overcome, what's been very impressed about this team is when other players have had to step in, even a number of our academy players that have stepped in, they all know the role so they can play with confidence and there's not been a severe drop off when we've had to bring in other players.
Speaker 1: Hey, Carl, go back to the LAFC game the couple of weeks ago, fifty three thousand. I mean, how you were there, obviously, I mean how great to see that atmosphere and that type of game. It was one of the best games ever in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, no, without a doubt, and I think that if you look how we're trending since Mulla com I think the last three home games was sellout against Dallas thirty two thousand, fans there and you know that sellout. What was interesting the last regular season game when we lost to Dallas, we had a guy you sent up after ten minute cost of the home field advantage. I was at the Hall of Fame and the lady that was giving my creditation said, oh my god, that was the best game ever, and I was thinking we lost. I think what you were saying, which fans are feeling now, is that when you have that lower bowl sold out, when you have thirty two thousand and then fifty four thousand, when you come to the stadium, you're part of it. So you may not be singing all the time, you may not be white waving your flags and your towels all the time, but you feel part of that event. And I think that's what soccer really gives you, that atmosphere, and I think that's why you know fans come back even more because you want to feel that energy around the stain because you feel like you're part of it and that you've contributed to your team winning.
Speaker 3: I know, Carl that the white Caps won a couple of games against Miami earlier this year, but what's it like from your experience? And you know the White Caps have Thomas Mueller. But what's it like from your experience playing against a legend like Lionel Messi, It is there a possibility of showing him too much respect? No, no, not really.
Speaker 8: I mean when my day, you know, and that they were younger than Messi, like Franz Beckenbau was a World Cup winner. Joan Trout was one of the best players in the world and I think he was only thirty at the time. So when we had our run we obviously New York was there. Carlos Alberto that was another World Cup winner. They had some special players. Yeah, you think about it before the game, but once that whistle goes, you know, you focus on, you know, trying to win a win a game. I think it's great that, you know, the players get to play against Messi again, but they've shown that they can overcome that and you know, good enough to get a result.
Speaker 3: What happens on Saturday, Oh, I'm so looking.
Speaker 8: Forward to this game and the nerves just haven't kicked in, and I think that's just a credit to the team. It's one game and anyone that knows soccer can see what Miami have done in the playoffs and that they have messing, they're on fire. But how can you back against this team? You know, we lost our best central defender Blackman for the San Diego game, and you know, you say, well, how is this going to go? And they come out against the best team in the West and put on a dominant performance and that's what they've done all year.
Speaker 6: They won't be frightened by the moment.
Speaker 8: I can only imagine Messy was looking at that meeting and going, oh, here's Kubas again, because I think Cuba's has played Messy four times or this has been a fourth time, and it's not lost him yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's frustrated him. We could go on and on with you, Carl. Oh, let's let's ask this as well. But World Cup twenty twenty six and thirty one caps for you for Canada after you came over to Vancouver. But World Cup twenty twenty six, obviously Canada one of the host nations, it's going to be involved. But I'm looking at the FIFA rankings today, Canada is ranked twenty seventh, and you, my friend, have a lot to do with this. But Canada ranked twenty seventh, How far has this country come in the sport of soccer since you touched down in North American soil in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's just night and day. And obviously we've got Canadian Soccer League going now and it's just been amazing. You know.
Speaker 8: You look at the Canadian national team now and you know they've had some, you know, really impressive results. And it's a team now where you know you're going into a World Cup and I don't think it's bravado or anything without putting the team under pressure, which he already are, but you know, you expect him to have a chance to get out of their group whoever they are drawn out against, which the draws on Friday, which is going to be exciting. But you know, you see all the clubs. I'm out in the community. You see what the clubs have done for the game. We've got the women's league now, the men's league now, it's just grown so significantly.
Speaker 6: And you know, now we with all all the players that's.
Speaker 8: Playing around the world, the men and women, you know, we've got some really high class players and it's just fantastic to see.
Speaker 1: Hey, Carl, we all love Vannie. Like like Donnie, we loved when he came on the show like he was great. We loved his passion enthusiasm. But this yesper Sorens, and he's done a hell of a job. He should have been the coach of the year in my eyes. He didn't get it. But I talk about the job he's done this year as a rookie coach in the league.
Speaker 3: I know, and.
Speaker 8: I think you know to give him credit when as I said, you know we've lost we lost three key players. I mean, Goal's just coming back now, but now that's still not able to start, and we've continue to lose players throughout the season. The players that have stepped in, as I said that even the young players, academy players.
Speaker 6: Have done exceptionally well.
Speaker 8: And if not for that last game, it would have been number one in the West, Home would have been playing at home in the finals. You just can't give enough credit for the job that he's done because everyone that comes on that field knows what they're doing. He said, he wants to be a team that possesses the ball, that manages the game, and also have a high press.
Speaker 6: And that's what you see from this team.
Speaker 8: Whether we have our preferred first start in eleven or its players coming into the fold, and I think that is a big credit to Yesping the staff.
Speaker 3: Well, Carl's going to be fun on Saturday. If it comes anywhere near nineteen seventy nine, people will be oh and the result being the same people be able to ask you, guys.
Speaker 8: Can I ask you guys a question if you be so kind, because I'm looking at maybe a mini parade or some celebration.
Speaker 6: And I don't have a white suit that I had in seventy nine.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that big of a John Travolta fan. Obviously you were, Carl.
Speaker 1: Did you have leather pads? Did you have leather pads?
Speaker 3: I did? Hey, you can laugh, but everybody else did too, right, those that's comforting to me. You must have thought you died and gone to heaven. You come to the foreign country, and I remember seventy nine, the weather was beautiful. You end up winning a soccer bowl, there's a there's a big parade. You were the toast of the town, Carl.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I did. I thought I guided gone to heaven. And have you guys ever been to Santa Barbara?
Speaker 3: Yes? I haven't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh man, that was our first preseason.
Speaker 9: Oh so I go to Vancouver and then we go a pre season at Santa Barbara and oh man, that's that place was just like And then back in them days, we trained for two hours and we sat by the pool and Sunday so we all come back with the town.
Speaker 6: So it was easy to fall easy to fall in love with Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet that white suit got to work out that year.
Speaker 6: I think I only wore it once and that was in the parade. I don't even know why I took it to New York.
Speaker 8: I don't think I was a cock I don't think I was a cocky, a confident, but yeah, it was pretty special.
Speaker 3: Next time you're on the show, you got to show us a pitch hop. Yeah, thanks Carl. All the best of the white Caps on the weekend.
Speaker 6: Hey, thanks for having me on. I really appreciate it. And she probably good work. Thanks for all you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no problem, Carl. Time the graphic there set at all white Caps legend, Canadian legends. Oh I love them.
Speaker 1: Watched them at Empire and still continue. He's a good friend of ours and we love.
Speaker 3: Carl nineteen eighty six to so World Cup member the Canterards team the only team that went to the sixers, last one on guard all all sorts of items on his resume. We'll take your break, and by the way, I'll have our guests today brought to you by our title, including Carl, brought to you by our title sponsor Able Auctions and able Auctions dot ca. A. We haven't dealt with the poll question. We'll do that next, Donne telling the team I check. Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 1: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email sales at able Auctions dot CA. That's sales at a b l E Auctions dot car.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Carl Valentine.
Speaker 3: That was a whole lot of fun. Whole question. Wadling Dog poll quest experienced one of the Troy's iconic destinations, sleep sip stock up all on one legendary spot, the Wadling Dog.
Speaker 1: Come sit and stay at the dog Today. Ryan got her up the Waddling Dog poll question, will you be disappointed if the Canucks said trade for players instead of draft picks? Sixty five percent say yes, thirty five percent say no. Five hundred and seventy three votes already. So basically, essentially, Don, it's either rebuilt or not. If you're trading for players right now to make you better, it's not a rebuild. If you're trading for picks, it's a rebil idea. Yeah, it's pick one or the other. But if you trade your best goal scorer, which is key for sure. What he hasn't scored in seven games, by the way, he's still their number on goal score. What does that tell you?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: Anyways, uh, what does that tell you, DoD? But if you trade your talk, for.
Speaker 3: Sure, it shouldn't be your number one goal.
Speaker 1: Regardless he's got twelve. But if you trade your top goal scorer and you get you're not getting equal value back, You're not getting another team's top goal scorer. You're getting worse. You're getting worse. And they're thirtieth in the NHL standings this morning, Don, there, they're one point away. So I don't understand the point you're making it. I'm making the point, they're gonna get weaker. As soon as you trade Sherwood, you're gonna get weaker. I don't care if they get a young player. The young players not gonna have twelve goals. You're getting weaker and your thirtieth and you're one point out of thirty second bottom line.
Speaker 3: So so you want them to get more experienced players in order to get to the market.
Speaker 1: What do you want? What do you want for draft picks? They're not You're not doing it because in the moment you get draft picks and you trade your top goal scorer. Quinn he who says see you later, I'm out of your by. Well you might do that anyway, Well he might do it. I don't think anybody in this organization to date today, I don't think anybody thought they would be thirtieth in the NHL. They are that this was not in the bingo card and they weren't that good last season.
Speaker 10: This is this is this completely shocking that the thirty.
Speaker 1: Is really yes, come on, hold it a second. So you guys saw it in the summer. They thought they were going to be thirty. But I I mean, I said they were going to make the playoffs. But I mean, I'm not I'm not floored by this one point out a dead last in the national So that wasn't concert.
Speaker 3: To that is to go out and get Zach Bulldock. Nothing against him, but it's just it's it's mind boggling that they don't. They think they should take the same approach that they have going back to the Benning era. And then you hear these names being thrown around if it's indeed true, and I try, I trust you, they're not even they're not centers what like. But again, I could do a better job.
Speaker 1: But but Donnie, who's given them a top six center they've been trying since August? Who is giving them a go ahead?
Speaker 3: And tell me that exactly?
Speaker 1: So if you can't do that, then what do you do?
Speaker 3: You do something else, something you've never done, rebuilt, pile up some draft picks. Look at that game last night. I'm sorry, Chicago and in Vegas. I'm not saying you're gonna get another Connor, but dark give it a shot. I'm sorry, but Donnie, it's not even so much getting Badard. It's also the old lottery ticket thing, overload in the draft on lottery ticket. Chicago's done well, and like Montreal has done, like there's franchising across sports that that's what they've done.
Speaker 1: You're gonna want to get under twenty five players so that they're young, but they're not super young, so you don't have to development.
Speaker 3: The other thing too, is like in the case of the players that were mentioned this morning, and then let's go back a bit. You know span Bear chie a Granlin that they got they got from Calgary. Remember, we've got to get somebody in that twenty twenty five A. Teams are giving up on those guys. Sant Bertie was a first round draft pick and Calgary's giving up on him. Okay, nothing's nothing gets fin It's been on our show. We like the guy and respect him. No quite tough go all right, but they're they're they're giving up on them and trading him to a team in their own division. What does that tell you, Like, no, stop that these guys are something different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're stuck.
Speaker 3: They're stuck.
Speaker 1: Because Quinn's got maybe possibly one foot of the door. You got to keep him right that it was supposed to be win for Quinn and he'll he'll sign an extension of Vancouver. Well, guess what you're not winning for Quinn because you're thirtieth in the NHL standings.
Speaker 10: But that that is the key word, Rick, And that's what's hurting this franchise right now is they're stuck in two ways. They're stuck because everything hinges on the future of one player. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That's not good organizer, Yeah, but it's not good for your organization if.
Speaker 10: One player is controlling the entire thing and number.
Speaker 1: Two is the best defenseman in the history of the franchise. But Rick, your entire organization is frozen based on one day. That's not a way to conduct business. I don't think I don't.
Speaker 3: Think they're reading and I could be wrong. We could be wrong, Ryan and I. I don't think the Canucks' ownership management are reading the market. That there's a large percentage of people that would be okay with the Quinn Hughes trade. If you got multiple draft picks and prospects, if you make a good deal, people will accept it because the other option. And I'm telling you, I if I had to predict the future right now, if I had a crystal ball in front of me and predict and predict okay, which might be an idea for a future shown. Here's what's gonna Here's what's gonna happen. You know, they'll finish this year and they'll be out of the playoffs. Maybe they trade away their first round draft pick, which wouldn't be surprising. Here's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're ready for that, ready dragon or anything like that, But we don't. We don't need it. And I think I've said this before on the show. They're going to go into next season Quinn hughes UFA. At the end of that season, they're going to be close to a playoff spot around the trade deadline. Keep Quinn Hughes not make the playoffs. He leaves for nothing that I don't see it happening.
Speaker 1: They might get to Quin. Don't know, they might get to Quinn now and just say, I haven't paying attention to Donny.
Speaker 10: I know the history of this franchise.
Speaker 1: I just don't. I don't see that they they got. I mean, that's that's the nuclear button. Yeah, what you're describing there, Donnie, you are going to get a big load uh no, a big return. Sorry, you're gonna get a big return on Quinn. They know it, and I'm telling you you gotta let that guy walk for not no, you kidding done, not gonna happen. Well, exactly exactly, it's not gonna happen. The best I think that's out of the realm of Franseo Guarante right here for this franchise. Is that guy going to stick around? Is Quinn is gonna if they end up thirty?
Speaker 3: Hold?
Speaker 1: Is he going to stick around? He'll say in the summer, get me out of here.
Speaker 3: Come on, you know that's another possibility, of course, but you don't think that's a possibility. Flirting with the playoffs spot, it's not keep no, let's keep Quinn Hughes and see what happens. Maybe we convince the mistake. They don't make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. But in Donnie's defense, hold that you got an owner here. Ted doesn't want to for nothing. He wants to win it very well aware. Yeah, but hold on, why not win down the road?
Speaker 3: Because if they took that approach ten years ago there they might be planning a White Caps esque parade.
Speaker 1: What is showing you though, that this team that is on the verge of being dead last in the league they're gonna be a playoff team next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Done flirting with the playoff spot.
Speaker 1: What kind of insane maneuvers are they pulling off?
Speaker 3: What you're talking about?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 3: This is all about injuries this year.
Speaker 1: Come on, well in the center, right, old Donny. They got they got one centerman followed by three guys from the American League. That's not good. Yeah, okay, so more reason to build. Let me tell you who the centers were when they went to Game seven against Sevington, Patterson, Miller, Lindholm and Blueger. Oh what happened that year? They went far? Okay, so they'll die. They're gone.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're gone except for Peterson and the you know what and all that.
Speaker 1: This is the weakest team in the NHL at the center Ight's position, their second line center has.
Speaker 3: I think you could have stopped that at the weakest team in the NHL. Well closer to it at center, they are close to it. Different approach, try it. What if they did this during the betting era, Jim Benning. Still maybe there's a statue of betting outside of Roger's Arena. Maybe not.
Speaker 1: You can't be this weakest center and be good. You just can't you can't, Yes, I agree, can't you can't. Rick, And yet their big ideas with Keith for sure, with that might actually have some value is to trade him for a non center or non draft pick like that is just it's crazy that that is going to give it crazy to me. And look at if you could say, okay, so do you want Montreals first?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: I get that, I get more evidence. David Camp since he was acquired from Toronto, has played seven games of Vancouver. It's got no points. He's your second.
Speaker 3: What's your our argument?
Speaker 1: Injuries and the center's position has decimated, this hockey name decimated. So the return on Keifer Sherwood should be one of two things. A center, yeah, a decent center. Not David Cavin trying to August. Why can't you understand no one's giving him a good center? Right? But now for Surewood though, when the Canucks has lind O Miller Pederson, did they talk, that's another reason to go. If he can't get a center.
Speaker 3: If nothing's working, you can't get a center, right a half picks, then you take a different approach.
Speaker 1: Then nobody's giving them a center. Because if you've got a good center, you're not getting rid of them right, right, but what are you talking about.
Speaker 3: They've done that twice in the rear.
Speaker 1: Region horvat last night, sixteenth goal just ridiculous, ridiculous. We'll play the clip later on the show. But there is one team that has centers that. Yeah, somebody's flirt throwing out the.
Speaker 3: Sport Elliott, Oh, Elliott, Yeah yeah. Business save it business quick, Able our title sponsor. Not too late to get your business assets sold and you're building cleared by the end of December. Email sales at able Auctions dot CA a today and able can get it sold. Meat fabrication, meat fabrication. Remember Lady Gaga's meat suit.
Speaker 1: I do remember that was that Super Bowl?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, it's Grammy Yeah, metal or meat fabrication, shops to wood shops, restaurants, construction equipment, vehicle and truck fleets are just old inventory you want off the books. Email Today sales Able Auctions dot CA. That's sales at A b l E Auctions dot C A Big rye Nex Donny delay the team Jack just I had a big ride the Twitter guy baside Oceanfront Resort inbox on signed. They've won the Canucks of one six games outright in twenty seven six regulations, Yeah wins. If fused in the NHL tied with edmonson, Wow, there's no argument. The Texter says, this team is not good enough. It will never it never will be blow it up, and our poll results indicate that as well.
Speaker 1: Big Rye Yes today.
Speaker 10: Spotify drop They're wrapped for twenty twenty five, says Spotify, the music listening service app you have on your phone. If you listen to their content over the year, that's how you listen to your music today. They give you a summary of your artists, top artists and songs for the year.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so they send your text no, they in the app.
Speaker 10: It sends a little like a little visual information representation, a little tibit. Yeah, so my top artist Zach Bryant. If you listen to podcasts through there, it would also give you that kind of data. So a bunch of people have been sending us theirs today and we appreciate everyone. Jordan sent us this on Twitter. He said, should I be proud of this or dot dot dot because it says here for those of you listening on the podcast, it says. He streamed the show for eighty nine hundred minutes and there, and he is a top five percent fan of Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna get him some swag?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we appreciate that. Well, no, because he's not there. We got a lot of people sending them in today. So the Duke, Donnie Dolly Tuke.
Speaker 10: We appreciate everyone that's listened to the show, consumed the show for twenty twenty five as it winds.
Speaker 1: So just so people know, there are guys like that. Don't listen to music on a podcast. Just go to the radio. We go to the radio. I get my car. What the hell did you just say?
Speaker 3: Why is that relevant?
Speaker 1: Because it's relevant because I don't listen to podcasts and I don't do a music on podcasts. I just turned on the music on podcasts. You just said saying, how don't know who your favorite music artist? Because you stream the music. It's not a music on this podcast. I'm I'm not a streamer.
Speaker 10: I just I go to the radio.
Speaker 1: I support local radio, middle streamer. I'm listening to the Christmas support the radio, even though you've been laid off by every radio station in Vancouver, say with me, that is true. Support local streaming crowd.
Speaker 3: I don't have to I don't have to look at it by Spotify list. I know what's number one on my list. It has been for several years, and that's super Free by Rick James.
Speaker 1: Super Free, and that is something else I think I've seven consecutive years. I would love to get my hands on your Spotify wrapped because it would be because it.
Speaker 10: Breaks down genres. You've listened to top artists, top.
Speaker 1: Songs, there's a lot of terridises. It would be up there as well. Yeah, well we are we are the world as the top five. Oh okay, moving on here. Some drama in the National Basketball Association this morning.
Speaker 10: You have seen this. So in the middle of the night, literally like three am, Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers posts this on his Instagram. Just found out on being sent home with a peace sign emoji. Okay, the Clippers in Atlanta. They take on the Hawks tonight. For those of you that don't know, Chris Paul has announced it's his final year in the NBA and so he's back with the team. He's had some subsess with the LA Clippers, so he's back with them. Supposed to ride off into the sunset. Then he posts this that he's found out he's being sent home. Clippers representation they confirmed the fact he's off the team.
Speaker 1: He sent home.
Speaker 10: I got another tweet here with the shed's a little light on the situation. This is courtesy Schaums from ESBM The NBA insider. Chris Paul, in his leadership style, clashed with the Clippers, sources tell the ESPN. Paul has been vocal in holding management, coaches and players accountable, which the team felt disruptive. Specifically, ty Leu was not on speaking terms as a head coach, not on speaking terms with Paul for several weeks. Is this not the JT. Miller situation playing out in LA?
Speaker 3: I thought what he said that it meant he was traded, And like, I think he's from North Carolina. If I'm not mistaken, maybe he's all I know, maybe ending up with the Hornets. I didn't know. It was literally said home.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I see you later. But leadership is holding people accountable. That's the thing. Like in the basketball, they don't have a captain, do they do they have? But they don't.
Speaker 3: They don't. I don't, like I think everybody kind of knows he might have time comes to mind, but like they've designated the tried to do the hockey thing and not the football thing. Yeah, what was it? Kareem nicknamed the cat right? Yeah in LA it's more unofficial in basketball. But I stand to be corrected, doctor Spanson. His texting, who is the Grisneies captain? I don't remember to you, chief, if anybody would be.
Speaker 10: But to your point, Rick, So the Clippers, they are fourteenth in the Western Conference right now. They've got a record of five and sixteen.
Speaker 1: To me, a veteran guy holding people accountable is what you would want in your organization. And yet see you later, he's being disruptive, so he's booted out of here. And again it sounds a lot like the JT. Millers situation from last year that he was being disruptive holding people accountable. JT was a fight with Elliots, Petterson, this guy, Yeah, but he some people said he was holding him accountable, right, the whole out of shape thing, and yet he was booted out.
Speaker 10: But the additional layer here is it's the guy's last year. He's trying to go out retire as a Clipper, Like, what.
Speaker 1: Are you doing?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: He must have been incredibly I guess, I guess you want him around. I guess, I guess. So why are they informing him at three in the morning. Well, that's the other one.
Speaker 3: They didn't necessarily. Well, okay, I'm thinking maybe they informed him earlier the day before and then the to three in the morning rolls around.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're still up. Well, he has never been fired at three in the morning. This is from uh. This is uh.
Speaker 10: Uh Lawrence Frank Okay who I think he's a Clipper's assistant coach or no, he's a basketball president of basketball operations. He recently just did a zoom he wrapped it up.
Speaker 1: According to him, the decision was made actually on Sunday to depart with Chris Paul. They contacted Chris on Monday morning to set up a time to meet the team.
Speaker 10: Was delayed for six hours in Miami on Tuesday and didn't arrive to Atlanta late. So maybe that's why he was notified so late, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Very bizarre situation happening with a guy trying Hey, that's declared, he's in the last season of his deal and he's trying to retire and you're kicking him out Donnie would know this. It was Laurence Frank, not an assistant coach with the Grizzlies.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Did you put that name rings a Bell? That name rings a Bell?
Speaker 3: Google it?
Speaker 10: Okay, we'll google it in the break and well up to you.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 3: The last captains in the NBA, Yeah, in New Orleans, Hornet's Chris Paul and David West. They wore a C on their jersey. That's gone away because of corporate logos.
Speaker 1: If that makes sense. Yeah right, it wasn't imagining things, Nick Dollywall correct ninety seven to two thousand. Lawrence Frank, I knew it. Assistant coach, the name rang a Bell. I interviewed him. I know it. I was bang on again.
Speaker 10: That's pretty that's a good poll. That's a good poll by you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Up next, we'll get back into the hockey time. The Caducts thinking of acquiring CEA center right winger John Shannon of A one hundred percent Hockey. He's on the show next. Donnie the team I check.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's Donnia Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 1: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 3: We'd love to get involved with your company called two five all eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email.
Speaker 1: Advertise at checkmedia dot ca.
Speaker 3: All of our guests today, including John Shannon, standing by, brought to you by our title sponsor Able Auctions and able Auctions dot c A. This story of the double IHF and the ice surface at the twenty twenty six Olympics in Italy more than three four feet shorter and only a hair wider than the two hundred foot by eighty five foot dimensions required by the National Hockey League International rinks normally two hundred by one hundred. This is going to be a relatively speaking, a shoe box. John Shannon joins us now from the one hundred percent Hockey podcast one percent Cannucks.
Speaker 1: John, how does this happen?
Speaker 11: Measure once cut twice.
Speaker 1: Or just that's good enough?
Speaker 3: Maybe that was the approach.
Speaker 11: No, well, it was supposed to be an NHL rink, right, It was supposed to be two hundred by eighty five. That was the agreement between the Federation and the NHL and the NHLPA. And you know, one of the fascinations is that we tend to forget it here and in the United States, is that nobody deals in feet in Europe. Nobody deals in yards.
Speaker 3: In Europe.
Speaker 11: Everything's done metrically. And so you wonder if that was how the mistake was made somehow.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 11: I'm not making excuses for the Italian contractors, but something was awry and got lost in translation.
Speaker 3: So does this favor anybody? And I mean that this way the ice surface is slightly smaller. But does that mean somebody like Tom Wilson would be more of a fit than some people might think for Team Canada or Sam Bennett.
Speaker 11: Well, I think that and and both of you guys know and watched games out of Chicago, out of Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Bufalo, out of Boston.
Speaker 11: Big teams, big teams, small rink, lots of banging, lots of banging, so so, and you don't necessarily need fast teams, you need quick teams, and and so like short distance speed is is going to be vital. I think on the smaller ice surface. You know, we put this to Peter de Bor this morning, who was on our show, uh and he said that, you know, there is something to be thought about about the type of player that they're going to need, and and I think it's going to be just a hair more physical. Then people realize that it is. Even though they're going to be playing Federation rules, you know, body checking is still allowed. And I think we're going to see a lot lot of physical play like we saw in Four Nations.
Speaker 1: John, the Canucks wake up this morning in thirtieth place in the NHL standing is there one point out a thirty second? I don't think that was the plan to wake up December third and be in thirtieth. What are you expecting from Jim Rutherford here in the next coming weeks? What is going to happen.
Speaker 11: That is That's a great question, Rick, I don't. I'm not even sure they know. I think they know what to do, I'm not sure they know how to do it, because.
Speaker 1: You know, you have to have.
Speaker 11: Somebody to trade with, you have to have someone eager to make changes on their club. Do I expect them to do a teardown, a complete teardown?
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't think you have players under contract like Besser, like Patterson, even Thatcher Demco's contract. I don't I don't see that doing a complete tear down. But you know, you're gonna have to go and try to fortify your hockey club, and that's going to be difficult because there are other teams in the same boat, in the same boat as the Canucks who think that they have a chance to make the playoffs still, so they're not in the business of going out and trading. Here's the other thing, you know, and I know I saw lots of people calling it a moral victory last night because they only lost by two to Denver, or in Denver to Colorado. But this team plays hard. They really do play hard, and there's something to be said for that. Adam Foot and his staff have this team playing hard. They're just not getting the results that they expected. You know what, I think this is a I thought this was a playoff team when the season started. I guess it's a five hundred team. It's a five hundred hockey team, and a five hundred hockey team eighty two to eighty five points in this league just isn't good enough to make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: We are hearing a lot of stuff about Quinn Hughes. I'm sure you are. His future is number one in some ways. The Canucks really can't decide what to do unless they know what Quinn's gonna do. And we're hearing teams that are going to trade for him. We're hearing national reporters talking about Quinn Hughes trades like this thing. It is going to be fascinating to see what happens with Quinn Hughes and Vancouver.
Speaker 3: What does Buble say.
Speaker 1: He wants Quinn to stay there?
Speaker 11: You go, I say, I think a lot of people want Quinn to stay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And by the way, Quinn is under no obligation to say anything right now. You know, the Canucks can't even sign him right now if they if they wanted to. So this is going to still take I think the next eight months, and it could get really noisy for eight months with what's going on because Quinn being under contract, can't sign an extension yet and trying to figure out exactly what he wants to do. I'm told by a lot of people that he loves playing in Vancouver. He wants to win in Vancouver, So put that where you want, and it would it would be such.
Speaker 3: A great story if he stayed and did it.
Speaker 11: But at the same time, I think that these eight months are going to decide a great deal of exactly what Quinn Hughes wants to do and will do. It's there's there, and as of December the third of twenty twenty five, there is no answer.
Speaker 3: Rick not one, yep and John eighteen goals eleven assists in twenty five games. Is Sidney Crosby really thirty eight years old?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Are we not talking about one of the great athletes that have ever has ever played this game? And when you think about when you think about Sidney Crosby doing what he's doing, what Alex Ovechkin has done at the age of forty, those are and this league has had both of these guys around for more than two decades and the contributions they have made to help the game get better is truly amazing. You know, no one expected sid to do this, No one expected the Penguins to be in a playoff spot. Whether they can it's funny. I think there's more question about whether the Penguins can keep it up as to whether Sid can keep it up. I think Sid can keep it up, and whether he's going to be able to drag his hockey team into the postseason will be one of the great stories to follow throughout this whole NHL season, plus the Olympic break where we know Sid is going to be dynamite in Italy.
Speaker 3: You're surprised to John, because with the game getting faster quicker through the years, I seem to remember the general thinking was, well, that'll that'll be it for the older hockey player, And yet you went through that list there there's a lot of so called old timers who are playing just just fine.
Speaker 11: Really well, I'm not I'm not surprised about Sid and anything I know, and I don't think we should be. You know, Sid's one of those guys when you talk about speed, Donnie, that understands the puck moves faster than the player, and and so he knows where to put the puck. He knows he and and and then you're going to get into the hole, and we're gonna you can talk to every guy that comes on this show that is around the National Hockey League, and they will talk about his his work ethic, his his off ice regime, his summertime regime, and and then none of us should be surprised that he's able to maintain it. It's truly one and end. By the end of his career, we're going to be absolutely amazed how healthy he has been in spite of those almost two years with major neck and concussion issues.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point. Michael Boobley just texted and he thinks you're doing a fine job. So you know what, you know what.
Speaker 11: I watched the voice too, and he's okay, yeah, right away, right away. I think it's great that we've changed Rick's name now to Rick round Ball Dollywall because now he's the basketball guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lord's Frank, Well Lord Frank. Yeah, the Grizzlies were here six years, John, we loved him for all six.
Speaker 11: What if they came back?
Speaker 3: No, not a chance. Well maybe not a chance, but I'd love to see it. I love going those games, love covering those games.
Speaker 1: Oh they were fun. They were fun games to cover.
Speaker 11: Do not say not a chance when it comes to an expansion team in the NBA in Vancouver, Do not say.
Speaker 3: That I miss being told to get lost by players after after games were over, and it wasn't get lost, trust me, get out of here.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 11: Oh I knew, I do I got Shaquille O'Neil, really, really I got. We were we were doing the World High Wear Old Basketball Championships at Maple Leaf Gardens and I'm walking down an aisle to the court and next thing you know, I'm levitating and this guy behind me has lifted me up and said and then I turned around and it was Shaquille O'Neill.
Speaker 3: Wow. Oh man, I wish we had wish we had video that, John, We barely had black and white. Then that's true, that's true, John, Thanks for this next week. Cheers boys, you bet hey. Listen from my experience, like it was strange with the NBA because the locker rooms weren't always so the Grizzlies were friendly. Maybe those part of the problem. Christy stars like I had a good experience with with with Shack, But there's some other people. Oh I got we got weren't interested in talking to the banker remedia. Well, even though they crushed.
Speaker 1: The Grizzly, Mitchie Miller wasn't very fond of interviews. I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Well, he's fond of interviews, depending on who's who's doing the interviews. Break. We'll update the poll question next and talk about what Elliot Friedman had to say over the last twenty four hours. Donnie Dollard the team.
Speaker 2: On Jack, Donnie and Dolly. The team is supported by Abelauntions dot ca A Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 3: Wattling Dog poll question experience one of Victorya's iconic destinations, sleep, sip, stock up all in one, legendary spot com sit and stay at the dog. Today, Rick Roy got her up.
Speaker 1: The Waddling Dog pop pole question, and it is will you be disappointed if the canuckstraight for players instead of draft picks? Yes or no? Sixty four percent say yeah, thirty six percent say no, almost eight hundred votes. It's starting to hop and bop on a Wednesday morning.
Speaker 3: I thought there would be more on the yes side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did too, you know, just simply you want I know, I know why they're doing this, though, I get it. They don't want draft picks. They want to get they want to stay competitive. What they they're not competitive? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Did you actually just say that? What are they thirty first?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 10: But how competitive are they right now? They're beating the thirty second team?
Speaker 1: Okay? So they trade everybody for draft picks? Then what happens, then you got to obviously go right into a rebuilt. But that what I'm trying to tell you, that is not what management's thinking right now.
Speaker 3: The good we know that. But what would be the right move, the smart move? Yeah, well, the smart approach.
Speaker 1: So it's been fourteen years of crap hockey. You guys want six to seven more, so you want two decades.
Speaker 3: What if you took that approach, the rebuild approach fourteen years.
Speaker 1: They should have rebuilt eight years ago when Trevor Lindon said do it.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: The Canucks are a leaky house, okay, and the roof every time it rains, water comes into the house. And instead of just putting a new roof on that house and biting the bullet it's gonna be damn expensive, they go on the roof every summer, stop at the roofs and they put it off and they tape and they.
Speaker 1: Put a little tarp up there. Or what's that what's the guy the guy with the seal, Yeah yeah, yeah, with the robot.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you should have just I don't know about the ads are unreal.
Speaker 1: Works. They're a boat in the ocean. Taking all water. That's all you have to say. No, but they keep it, that's all you have to say. But instead of buying a new boat, they patch that boat every year. They doesn't want to rebuild. He wants to win, he wants playoffs. What else do you want to X seal or something like that? Right, I'm sure great, they're a boat in the ocean taking all waters.
Speaker 10: You have to flex seal, flex seal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one guy's good.
Speaker 10: He cuts the entire bull bottom off and then covers it all.
Speaker 1: And the thing is that stuff works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you're talking about canock wise. No, doesn't know it. Ryan.
Speaker 1: With the new roofs, there's not many beaks. I mean, he looks after twenty five years, there is twenty five years fifty roof, So we're gonna play out. The new roofs are incredible. What do you mean, wut a fifty year roof? You spent a little more money on my you know, better shingles? Yes, I guess. And how about props to these roof guys up there? Hammered away, Rick, I'm amps and uh, you know everything. Then they're up there and they're.
Speaker 3: Just shout out to the roof.
Speaker 1: Got roof guy. Roofers, all the roofers, roofers, shut out to the roofers. You think that's an easy job.
Speaker 3: Hey, the Knuck's got to hire that guy for flex seal as their GM, Like, there's no.
Speaker 1: Question about it. Shut out to the roofers. That's a hard job, especially in the summer. Actually, all you around the way now you want to do it too? What would you wrap there? Rather the baking sun of August or some rain, there's no water, no way, no way. Roofers in the sun, no no, you get a tan five degrees and then the heat coming off of all of that. I'd rather get wet.
Speaker 3: Non You ever see these guys in the summer and they can't wear short pants or anything because because they have to with the tar on the road?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Roofing in the winter is hard. Not in the summer, right, What are you talking about? In the slanting and slippery they're on a roof and in the summer it's a billion degrees.
Speaker 3: I don't You don't see a lot of roofers in the in the winter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't know, I stand to be correct. Do we have a roofing expert in the box summers. You have tank tops, coke ice all you're all set.
Speaker 3: It's not good tank Tom said, what coke?
Speaker 1: You put coc and ice and you know it's not that. Is it really hot in Vancouver in the summer, right, No, it can't be.
Speaker 3: What Yes?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 10: Hey, flex I'm getting so many people writing in about Flexia.
Speaker 1: Now does that something work on the air? Yeah, he's the k Flexial.
Speaker 10: You've seen the ads.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Yes, you have. I don't know what it is. You have?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: It seals cracks on the roof and it repairs cracks.
Speaker 1: Ryan, get it up. No, it's powerful. Adhesive is so strong? Oh wow, it even works underwater. Flex tape clear is so strong.
Speaker 3: It even works underwater. Flex ou clears high tech formula won't wash away and it even works underwater.
Speaker 1: We get the idea it works underwater, but hire that guy. Hey, these guys, like said earlier.
Speaker 3: They have feigned assistant gms.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 10: The Canucks roster.
Speaker 1: It even works underwater. Yeah, it's kind of underwater.
Speaker 3: Right now, where are we We're gonna run Elliott Freeman. We don't have time. But Elliott was talking today about the possibility of a Quinn Hughes trade from Vancouver to Detroit, and he hinted at didn't say it, but we're guessing it was Dylan Larkin, who has a four or five year contract no trade claws coming the other way.
Speaker 1: Oh, Dylan Lark, you love to have him the Vancouver Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Done?
Speaker 1: There is Taylor.
Speaker 3: This is Taylor.
Speaker 1: No, it's just to that guy. What what is this? That's the flex seal guy. That's that's another This is this is the ass that's the one.
Speaker 3: We were talking about the power of flex super wide dump tape.
Speaker 1: We wrapped this metal frame and bill.
Speaker 3: Dump tape. Oh yeah, not only speed the water, but our super strong can't about me.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm expecting right now is watching that I expected he kind of looks like Ruther. I'm expecting kind of a super Dave fid of some freighter.
Speaker 10: I said, I must have spoofed this guy.
Speaker 1: They must have know, they need to know.
Speaker 3: All they do is political. It's too easy and back in the day they would have that.
Speaker 1: Crazy glue came first and then this flex heat you remember Crazy glue.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 10: His name is Phil swift By the way.
Speaker 3: Okay, that guy crazy clue has been replaced by gorilla glue. You don't hear about crazy.
Speaker 1: Glue as much. Remember the guy with the hard hat? Oh yeah, yeah, you need hang but oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a good commercial.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was Phil Swift crazy glue and there was some sort of device on a hard hat and the guy would hang.
Speaker 1: From the yes, yes, yes, yes, remember that.
Speaker 3: Right. You're too young.
Speaker 10: That this guy right here.
Speaker 1: It's the original Phil Swift. It's Phil Swift in his twenties.
Speaker 3: Okay, remember this career.
Speaker 1: The grilla glue doesn't work, by the way. It works off the start, but you can't reuse it.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, I think I used crazy glue back in the day, in the eighties. I think I still have some left on my fingers. We'll probably just stay there forever. We all use crazy glue in the eighties. Absolutely would you use it for.
Speaker 1: All? Right? Okay, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: So Dylan Lark and those stories are out there. Elliott's possibility.
Speaker 1: He's from Michigan talking, his family's from Michigan. That's where Quinn Hughes is from. Sos to Toronto, too.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: First of all, if Detroit didn't screw up and take Phillips Zandina, they'd have had him.
Speaker 3: They still have them. Well, the Canucks could have had Dylan Larkin in the Jacobtanna, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, good point.
Speaker 3: Put that in your pipe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: And if it's cracked, throw some crazy you'll be You'll be fine. Or flexia business.
Speaker 1: Oh right, look at this absolutely right now, spots right. You better have the cards up here yesterday you didn't. Pastime Sports the number one spot to meet your favorite Vancouver hockey paysers. Look at this Sunday, December seventh. Jonathan L. Karamaki will be in North mand at the Capitolana Mall Wednesday, December tenth. Key for sure, what if he's steal a Canuck at Guilford Uh and don't forget our pal, Trevor Linnon's partnered up with pastime for a private autography autograph event. You got to get your items dropped off the pastime by December fifth. Full details available at Pastime Sports Dots.
Speaker 10: Phil Swift also will be a past signing bottles of UH Flexio.
Speaker 1: Get this guy that pastime.
Speaker 3: Amazing Okay, you're getting ripped by the way for putting the messy.
Speaker 10: What he's participating in the game.
Speaker 3: You're you're you're you're cheering. Yeah, No, I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 10: It's a it's a it's a it's a new collect at Pastime Sports. That's why I'm highlighting it on the far left. I haven't had this up in a while that Jonathan Kara mackew signed Puck cost the Karra Maki back in the Cannucks lineup, elevated in the lineup last night and.
Speaker 1: Card of the Day just randomly, just cause John Garrett in the Wails uniform with the mask on, he looks terrified.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was just before he assisted on Gardi House finally chill goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I remember that. Okay, great uniforms.
Speaker 3: DTMZ. Next, Donny Doll you the team on check.
Speaker 1: It's eleven thirty four on a Wednesday morning. It is Donny Dony on Check TV. Now time for DTMZ, brought to you by the world famous Wister Golf Club. Go see big Al out there. Great track, Great track.
Speaker 3: DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer design Whister Golf Club. Keep your golf game sharp this winter on Whistler's state of the art golf simulator. The sim is now open for play on the world's best courses or practice sessions with track Man Technology. Book online now atstogolf dot com, and followed their ongoing golf course renovation on Instagram at Whistler Golf. We good time for story. Gort to birthdays, Ryan, what do you think on this December third?
Speaker 1: Let's go to birthdays?
Speaker 3: All right? All right, to birthdays again? It is December?
Speaker 1: What is it the third?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right?
Speaker 1: We got four birthdays and four? Yeah, I can't make him up?
Speaker 3: Don he You have? Four? Is four?
Speaker 1: And Sergey cigarettes and cash Used Casino in Sochi, Russia is the sponsor. Artwork by Justin Denise Fan. This center was the Canucks eleventh round pick back in nineteen eighty five after three years in Vancouver, picked up by San Jose Igor larionom Ah, I knew it as soon as I said san Jose, I forget that. No. I The reason I remember that is because people forget that.
Speaker 3: Before he went to Detroit and then Florida. He played for San Jose for a short period of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did, he did. Didn't he go in the expansion draft as he went to Switzerland. After the Canucks came back, they went in the draft.
Speaker 3: That can't remember remember him returning as a Shark.
Speaker 1: And Vladimir Kutev. I just loved God bless him, God bless him, and I loved him. I just wanted him to be so successful in Vancouver. It just didn't work out. It did for an Igor. All right, this forward spent his entire career with the Red Wings twelve hundred points. Only Gordi Howe and Nicholas Litztrom have played more games in a Red Wings uniform fifteen hundred plus three. Stanley Cups of the Red Wings in the fifties. Retired in seventy three, head coach of the Red Wings. Right after we retired. Come out, you have me to keep it, Christmas Alex Delvecchio. What a great player he was, the Silver Fox, Silver Fox, seventy seven Hall of Fame. He's had jersey number ten in the rafters in nineteen ninety one. All right, here we go. This actor fluent in French and holds dual US and Canadian citizenship, attended Cornish No He attended Cornish College at the Arts and Sea and the Upper Canada College in Toronto. Inducted into the Canada's Walk of Fame in two thousand and six. Chosen as one of People Magazine's fifty Most Beautiful People in the World. In nineteen ninety eight, You want me to keep going? Uh an Academy Award he won, uh first Canadian to win an Academy award, UH first Canadian, first Canadian to win Academy Award.
Speaker 3: And acting acting, that's right.
Speaker 1: He got his first leading film roll film role alongside Sean Astin and Polly Shore and Sino Man.
Speaker 3: Oh I. Brendan Fraser, Brendan Fraser, bren Whale. He's seen that movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Whale. He got the Academy Award for Whale. And you've seen Will the Whale? Yeah, the Whale. He gained to turn to wait for it right, Well, he had a suit on. Yeah, that's right. He was large in that movie. But anyways, Brendon prebviously didn't see it.
Speaker 3: No, I happened.
Speaker 1: I've seen the highlights. But anyways, he's from Toronto too as well. I spent time in Toronto.
Speaker 3: Any highlights of the Whale, the guy, the flexial bone ran into him whale, I think okay?
Speaker 1: Last One. An American actress, she has a mass more than one hundred film and television credits as the nineteen seventies. Made her film debut at age seventeen in nineteen seventy eight, with an appearance in Brian De Palma's horror film The Fury. She was in Steel Magnolia's with Sally Field, Shirley Maclain and Julia Roberts in nineteen eighty nine. She played the daughter of Jack Lemon's character in both the Grumpy Old Men comedies. Nineteen ninety five, she was chosen by Empires one of the hundred Sexiest Stars in the film industry.
Speaker 3: Daughter of Oh Grumfield.
Speaker 1: And that was a good show.
Speaker 3: And there was Grumpy Old Men too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She played the Eli Driver, a one eyed assassin, and Kill Bill in two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: Oh Kill Bill. Oh, Uma Thurman.
Speaker 1: No, it's not Uma Thurman. Huma Thurman fought her. They had a big fight. It was Uman on her. She fought No, Uma fought her. She had the patch on her eye. And kill Bill?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Fucks ill?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna give it away here. Two big hits were Ron Howard splash in eighty four. I saw Johannah. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I knew i'd give it away. Killed Bill. Are you kidding me? Who didn't like?
Speaker 3: Married called Neil Young? Isn't she?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She had? She was married to uh one of the Kennedys. I can't remember which one she's Yeah, anyways, good actor.
Speaker 3: Was she married to one of the Kennedies? I think so?
Speaker 1: Maybe I got it mixed up, but anyways, I'm.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure I think she's married to Neil Young. Now yeah, well look we'll look you. Yes, there you go, Neil Young right now?
Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 3: Is it just me? As coming up? The late Ozzie Osbourne born this day in nineteen forty eight, and he and his Birmingham buds are going to play us out August nineteen seven, and the album was the same name, This is Black Sabbath.
Speaker 1: And Paranoid on check, crack it up.
Speaker 3: And play it loud on a PC Wednesday morning?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Next? Honey Dolling the team Utch Egg.
Speaker 1: The Vancouver Giants are celebrating their twenty fifth anniversary season at the LEEC Fans Can check out a variety of experiences all season long, including the unveiling of the top twenty five players of all time. On the ice, you can watch the electrifying play Dallas Stars draft pick and forty goal scorer Cameron Schmidt. Islanders draft pick Berke Hood will lead the team in the crease, and plus follow the progress of NHL draft eligible defenseman Ryan Lynn. To get single game tickets for less than twenty five dollars of pomp, or group tickets for as low as twenty dollars per seed in quantities of eight or more, visit Vancouver Giants dot com slash tickets to grab yours now.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 1: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email sales at able auctions dot ca.
Speaker 1: That's sales at ab LA Auctions dot ca.
Speaker 3: Daryl Hannah got married to Neil Young, but was JFK juniors.
Speaker 1: That's right. I knew it at one point. I knew it. There you go, ye? Is it just me? I was in the track? Is it just me? But? Rick says the Canucks schedule doesn't get easier. Guess what, when you're thirtieth in the NHL, every game's difficult. Paul from Surry. That's a great point by Paul. Every single team coming in is going to be a battle for the Canucks because they are thirtieth in the NHL.
Speaker 3: And yet you want them to take the same approach they've been doing since the Benning era Aaron Andaimo.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: But tank tops and coke? A great song name called bublay now I meant.
Speaker 1: To ice and coke. You know, people on a good, hot sunny day, Pust.
Speaker 3: You confused ice with tank tops, not to tank tops and with the glass of coke and ice in it beautiful summer day.
Speaker 1: Geez from Surrey? Is it just me?
Speaker 3: But if you don't believe a rebuild could give a give quick results, I recommend looking at the New England Patriots. Oh a great season. On the weekend, several football extorts talking about them being serious Super Bowl contenders.
Speaker 1: And they fired a coach after one year, right right, and they're ten and two. They've won nine to ten in a row. Good on them. Is it just me? But with this team having no direction, if the Knucks had all three Hughes brothers, Quinn would still want out. Dave from Surrey coming in hot.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he, if part of him, would not want to go to New Jersey because he would be taking ice time away from his brother.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. I didn't think of that. That's a great point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you know all that talk about Philadelphia. Does he want to play in the same division against his brothers? Just a thought?
Speaker 1: And guess where Philadelphia is ninety minutes away from New Jersey. Yeah, guess where his favorite coach is, Rick Talkeett in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Don Die from Nanaimo is just me getting lark and would not make the Canucks any younger. He's turning thirty next year and he's from Michigan. Do you think he'll waive his no trade clause to come here just when Detroit's finally showing life. I don't think so. Again, that's Don Die from Nanaimo Detroit in the playoff spot right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I may not be the owner, but if they don't make draftstick changes for the future, I'm not going to spend money on this team. And I think I speak for many. Ed from White Rocky yet build guy ed from White Rock. Yes, you do speak for many. It's not that the rink's not going to be full forever. He speaks for many, but not you, Dottie, I've been doing. I'm telling you that the current regime wants to get better. They don't want to rebail, That's all I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: But they would get better if they rebuilt Rick in the Ridge is just made that the same company building the Olympic Ice in Italy. Do the Stonehenge prop for spinal Tap, the original spinal Tap. You're a big fan of that. I haven't seen Spinal Tap. They made it extremely small. It was supposed to be bigger. One of the great scenes in film history. If you ask me, all right, you love that film.
Speaker 1: This organization would have been better off not drafting Quinn. In the end, they will not get anything of value and return. No franchise had ever gotten a quality return for a future Hall of Famer. Frank the Tank, Frank the Tank and Calgary there.
Speaker 3: Have been There have been instances of teams getting a decent.
Speaker 1: Return for a future Hall of Famer, right, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: The Red Wings got Mickey Redman, Bill Collins and Geese are on from my favorite player, Frank Mahovlich. Mickey Redman was a fifty goal scorer.
Speaker 1: He was still working.
Speaker 3: By the way, the Red Wings broadcast the mid seventies. Is it just me unsigned they rarely roof in the winter. People rarely roof in winter. Roof is rarely roof in winter since the inside of places would get salked, Ryan, Yeah, exactly, they removed and replaced the roof. Canucks are using duct tape, not flex seal. Why were you using flex seal?
Speaker 1: Ryan? Would you get on a roof in the in when it's raining? No, so why should they No, I'm not saying they should.
Speaker 10: I just didn't know for sure if all roofing was ceased during the winter or not.
Speaker 3: Well, again, like Rick pointed out earlier, maybe in California, Florida.
Speaker 1: And the gutter guys, those guys are tough to peder gutters exactly. Yeah, the gutter guys, they're just as good as the roof guys.
Speaker 3: It didn't do your own.
Speaker 1: I mean, how's he gonna get up high?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well that too.
Speaker 1: They had a scissor lift, did they, because.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, yeah, I'll do the lower level wines. Yeah, talking about getting up high. Two options either hire somebody or just let her flow.
Speaker 10: You get that reminder after the third reign of the year, it's all spewing over.
Speaker 1: I guess I gotta get up there, all right, Go to go? Canucks played good. Should have had three uh first pair of power plays. Game could have turned out much better. On top of of all they get we get stuck with Luke Gatchick. That's from Paul and Lake.
Speaker 3: I rock as an analyst last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Luke Katchick, your buddy.
Speaker 3: My buddy. You're upset with them? Absolutely, we were. Absolutely all Knuck fans were jaff Joe.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: But based on Rick's reaction to the fluxial commercial, I know his house is full of stuff he bought from infommercials. I had a relative who was assessed with buying stuff from infomercials.
Speaker 10: Didn't go well, there's like a movie or something, and they were talking, is this photoshop or is he really in the boat he's in the boat.
Speaker 1: It looks photoshop to me. It kind of looks a little weak. It looks photoshop to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah it does.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Flexio should sponsor the show at this point. We've given them a lot of advertising.
Speaker 3: Yeah what he got.
Speaker 1: Chuck in Vancouver is not happy with you, uh having a linel messy figurine in front of the laptop the week before the MLS Cup. What are you doing Rightcouver. It's a collectible at pastime sports. Yeah, get a white cap. They don't get a white cap. They don't have a little Minnie Thomas.
Speaker 3: Howards some other collectible other than a representative of the team. Because it's timely beloved white Caps are playing on Saturday for all the marvels.
Speaker 1: That's okay. JT.
Speaker 10: Miller was in town. I put the JT. Miller card up there.
Speaker 3: Different. Wow, not a championship boom fipe smoke flights sealed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, out of the former bath guy.
Speaker 10: You know it's probably all about flee Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah when he comes to like Hauck bath guy repairing, yeah, cocking, definitely repairing cracks in your bath tub? Is it just just stop it? Okay? Tank tops and coke is it just me, but defans who want Foot fired think the team would perform better under many Mahultra. That's out there.
Speaker 1: Adam flits a rookie coach. Right, he's a rookie coach. He hasn't had his starting lineup all season long. Right, and they're still competing. What did you say about last night? They competed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, John John said the same thing. I agree.
Speaker 1: They work hard, work hard, they work hard.
Speaker 3: They're not good enough.
Speaker 1: They got six injuries. Garland out doesn't help. But I think Garland out helps.
Speaker 3: Oh we didn't talk about this enough, but boy, Colorado, my god. Oh like it's just the puck movement and the speed, the size, my god, I'm in love. Okay, Well, take a break, wrap up the show and the bulk weest, and next, Tonydell of the team.
Speaker 1: Check looking for one of Victoria's most iconic stays. The award winning Waddling Dog has been welcoming guests and their dogs for over thirty years. Ten minutes from the airport and the ferry, their room blend vented charm with modern comfort, making it the perfect home base for your island adventures. Your trip isn't complete without a stop at the legendary Waddling Dog Pop twenty taps Wall the Wall, TVs every Canucks game and UFC pay per view, plus an extensive daily happy hour, and before you go, stock up at their cold beer wine store, hundreds of local and imported options, class exclusive Donny and Dolly merchandise. DoD Dog isn't just a hotel, It's a destination. Come, sit and s day DoD Pole. Rick righting up the Waddling Dog Pop Pole question, and it is will you be disappointed if the Canucks trade for players instead of draft picks? Sixty four percent say yes, thirty six percent say no. What's the number there?
Speaker 3: Rhyme?
Speaker 1: It's a bleaked out eight and seventy two votes. Eight hundred and seventy two votes.
Speaker 3: Starting to hop them bop bleaked out pictures?
Speaker 1: All right, Ryan, where we're going?
Speaker 3: Hollywood?
Speaker 1: Hollywood?
Speaker 3: Right? Really yeah?
Speaker 1: And right as soon do you have the details?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Get the picture up? Get it up? What are you doing? Here?
Speaker 6: We go?
Speaker 1: This is Tim from Crofton representing the show on the Hollywood Walk of Theme. I looked but couldn't find Dawn Starr anywhere. Uh so this is hold on back up here one second ride where Crofton, Eh, what where's Crofton?
Speaker 3: It says he's in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what are you talking about? Crofton is a town in BC. Yeah, Tim from Crofton, Yeah.
Speaker 10: It's a town in British Columbia, all right, on the cow By.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's on the island.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Tim from Crofton is in l A. You're hot that just five minutes we got there. No, I didn't know where Crafton was. I've never heard of Crofton. Business check drive through?
Speaker 3: Oh right, have you seen the movie The Substance? No, No, we talked about it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't even know why you ask me? Have I seen?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 10: What's the point.
Speaker 3: Parted me to do that? I realized that. But the star, you know, the stars on the Walk of Fame, one of the it's just kind of plays a part of the beginning of the end of the show.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter business all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Look at this. Uh star came a part of the used flex sealed repair.
Speaker 1: It my god. The thirty second annual Check Drive happening next Friday, December fifth, in partnership with the Salvation Army drop off toys of participating businesses across the island, or donate cash to the online cattle. Last year's event raised over one hundred thousand dollars collected over thirty one hundred toys. For more details, visit check News dot c a slash drive through. There you go.
Speaker 3: Do we have any more photos?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: This is interesting here A couple of people have texted this in JJ from Fiji for one of them?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Or is Nate Daniels in the center? The wings would give up for Hughes, not Lark and Trevor Linden vibes with Danielson. That would make a lot of sense if you'd have to throw in a lot more.
Speaker 1: Though, great player Brandon wie King's high draft pick. He's a good one. He's a good one.
Speaker 3: There you go, Thanks to JJ from Fiji among others. That's it, okay, Thanks so much for tuning in, Folks on behalf of Brian, Derek, who's not here, Nina Rick, everybody here at Oh Boy and check. I'm don you have to date for all the sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content,