Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, five o'clock on a Friday. Let's get it started. Let's finish strong. One hour left before we get out of here. And I do want to remind you tomorrow it feels like I should be promoting a football pre and postgame show. But no football tomorrow because well for Louisville because they're off bye week, and it times out perfectly because we've got a big time early season, a marquee matchup for Pat Kelcey and the Cards as they take on Tennessee. The game is at noon, so we'll have our pregame show hosted by myself starting at eleven, and then we will get it started for the postgame show as soon as it ends whenever that is probably around two o'clock. And I'm confident that we're going to be reacting to a Louisville victory. And you know, I feel stupid, and you know a lot of times I feel stupid, but I feel stupid because I just didn't expect there to be much confidence and belief that Louisville would actually win and I don't feel stupid to see like that I was wrong about that, but like I feel stupid because it should have made sense to me from the jump that just looking at everything involved in this matchup, the home atmosphere, Louisville. Yes, they're coming off of a terrible stretch of basketball, with three four seasons of just you know, Louisville hoops and looking unrecognizable to a lot of us. But it's a new world. Now you can go build a brand new team, and you can go hire a new coach, and it won't take long for you to get back to where you want to be. Now, win tomorrow wouldn't mean that Louisville's destined to, you know, go on a run to the Final four or anything like that. But you know, it certainly seems as if my prediction that I thought was going to be bold, it's really not bold at all. Hey. Look, some could say, well, hey, it's Louisville fans. Of course they think their teams can win. They're Louisville fans, they're homers, and maybe there is some of that, But objectively speaking, I mean, if you just look at these two teams from a personnel standpoint, I mean, I think Louisville's roster is better now. Again, what it comes down to tomorrow is just how ahead of schedule maybe are these two teams now. Tennessee they've got an identity. They've got a point guard that's back, that has been there as a starting point guard for them for I don't know if he started all four years, but he has played really the same role his entire career, and now he's in his fourth year as a senior, and you know, he's a really good player. So Kyle Zigler is as you heard earlier in our conversation with our guests from the other side, Ben McKee, who covers Tennessee, I mean, he's the heart and soul of their team. So you know, they have an identity. They've got a coach that's been there a long time. Rick Barnes a very successful coach, as we discussed, doesn't have many deep tournament runs. In fact, some of his best teams have oftentimes ended up not only falling short, but getting upset by a team that you know, it's a big upset. But he has won more games in the last seven years than any SEC program in basketball, which speaks to how successful they've been and the SEC is a hoops league. Let's be real. It used to be a joke. Now it's I mean, I think you can make the case that maybe they don't have the ceiling like they you know, like like like they did when Caliperi had it roll into Kentucky. But they're they're deep, and they're really good as a league. And Rick Barnes has been more successful as far as regular season wins than anybody in the last seven years, so you know, they have an identity. So maybe it's not necessarily them being ahead of schedule. It's just Okay, how quickly have they gotten acclimated with the new pieces they've implemented with Louisville. It's all brand new, and so far, I don't think there's been any sign, any piece of evidence that makes you think these guys haven't you know, adjusted nicely to what Pat Kelsey wants to do. Right, A lot of these guys coming from different programs from a stylistic standpoint, played a different played a different style. But you know, I hadn't really thought about it much. But if you'd have just watched every little detail about the game against Morehead State, where Louisville came out there and they were just you know, they were awesome. I mean, I know, more at State it's not gonna be very good, and you know, beating Morehead State by fifty is still something to feel good about. But like what it means as far as your team big picture, it's tough to know. Like we know that, but if you just paid attention to every little detail and you didn't know anything about the situation, meaning a brand new coach, all new players, and you were just watching ball, you would never know that all these guys came from different schools and they are playing in a system that is clearly fun and they fit it well, but you know, it's new to them. And when it comes to what they've done for the majority of their careers, I mean, keep in mind, Louisville didn't just go get a bunch of transfers. They got transfers that have played college basketball for many years. I mean a good chunk of these guys are twenty three, twenty four years old. So that's a credit to them with you know, and it doesn't mean they're gonna win tomorrow, didn't mean they're gonna have a super success, but I just mean, there's no signs that like there's a big adjustment to playing at this level, meaning the way Pat Kelsey wants to play. Now, maybe you see sometimes this year where you've got you've got, you know, a game against a really good team and they're going to play a lot of them, and you think, Okay, yeah, I love that guy, But now I can kind of see why maybe he started his career at a lower level, Like maybe that ends up happening. But what I'm what I'm speaking to is just the fact that like it's it's now routine for these guys to do exactly what Pat Kelsey needs of them to get the pace where you want it to get, you know, rhythm threes, that kind of stuff. Again, I'm talking about little details. It just because it's second nature to these guys. And I mentioned this example earlier and I'll mention it again. I mentioned it earlier in the weekend. I'll mention it again now as we get closer to tomorrow's game. If you see a guy miss a few three pointers in a row in really any other style of play, as far as you know an identity of a team, they may not hang their head. They may not you know, show a clear sign of frustration. But like usually, if you are getting some good looks and you can't buy them, they tell you to keep shooting. But you may be a little bashful, you may be a little trigger shy because you've missed a few in a row and you're not feeling it well. Pat Kelcey, whatever he's doing, he's got these guys programmed to have a very short memory. Because they had that stretch against more In State where they missed I think like nine of ten threes, but they were all the type of looks that Pat Kelcey wants this team to get. He built the team to take advantage of a three point shot that is in rhythm, that's not super contested, and you know, you live with whatever happens. And they'll have games where they do get those looks and they shoot it worse than they did against Morehead State and it might cost him the game. And that's just you know, that's part of this. But you know these guys, you know I mentioned who's more ahead of schedule, who's been able to kind of put it all together. I mean, Lola could still lose tomorrow, but I don't think it's going to be because you know, it's still such a work in progress to kind of you know, get the season started, which again tells, you know, is another reason why I feel, you know, pretty confident in this game as of right now, depending on where you're looking Louisville as a small underdog. At FanDuel Sportsbook, it's now Louisville plus two and a half. At DraftKings it's Louisville plus one and a half. So that along with the kin Palm projection being a one point win for Tennessee. I mean, all the metrics, all the analytics tell you that this is expected to be a close game. And I kind of went in, you know, earlier this week thinking, well, they play a top twelve Tennessee team really close, then I'll be pleased, and I'll view that as a sign of, you know, encouragement that this team can be pretty good because they competed at home against the top twelve team. But the more I've looked at everything about Tennessee, the more I've you know, considered what I've seen from Louisville, I'm kind of now where I expect to win.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lose my mind and act like you've got to be worried about the future of Louisville basketball if they don't win tomorrow. But I kind of, I kind of. I mean, I expect him to win. And when you expect something to happen and it doesn't, there's just that natural level of disappointment. But again, it won't it. Pat Kelsey has done so much to get fans excited. You know, he's worked his tail off, I mean, and it's been played out. It's played out right in front of a lot of our eyes with social media and whatnot. So he can lose this game and it won't have people panicking by any means. But another thing that I'm like, you know, experiencing for the first time in a long time. And that is not just the excitement. I said it yesterday and I said it a few times today. I'm excited to be excited. It's exciting to be excited because we haven't even been excited about basketball in a long time. Right, Well, now, this is a new feeling, you know that I shouldn't say new, it's it's it's something I've experienced before, but it's been a while, so it feels new, right, And that is like the not only am I excited because Louisll's got a chance to play a Marquee and a Marquee matchup and potentially get to win with value when it comes to selection Sunday. I'm now realizing I expect to win, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. We'll find out tomorrow when this thing tips off. But man, louis of Basketball means so much to so many people around here, and it's been so you know, depressing in recent years. And you know, we'll see what happens tomorrow. But everything that comes with this experience as a diehard Louisville fan has been amazing since Pat Kelsey got here. So hopefully they can keep the good vibes rolling. All right, We'll talk a little more coming up in the second segment about the whole ticket thing, and I don't want to give it more life than it needs, but I'll kind of reset what I said at the beginning of the show as far as how this whole back and forth between fans about the tickets and attendance and all that, and the support that U of L is getting from some of their great corporate partners. You know, it's being weaponized against them and being made they're being made fun of, like wow, look how far Louisville's fall, and they got to have somebody buy tickets and donate them. I mean, it's like the perfect example of like how petty we are and how awesome the rivalry is, and that we are programmed in most instances to just, no matter what, defend our side and then, no matter what, make fun of any little thing you can of your rival. And this, this whole ticket thing is is the best example of that. Although I will say in Louisville fans defense, and I'm glad somebody mentioned this earlier on the text line because I totally agree. There's a lot of things that we would, you know, we would make fun of Kentucky for being obsessed for that. We would probably do the same thing because again, like I think it's healthy to be not obsessed. But like clearly, like when you have a rival, your your best weekend is when you win and they lose. There's no way around that. But them and the attendance thing, like that's a little weird. That's a little different, Like it's one thing to like slightly make fun of. Oh wow, nobody came to the games. Geez. But they've got like half their fan base working as unpaid auditors of the Young Center to know exactly I want you to go. I'm gonna they've got like some kind of foundation that funds tickets for them to go to games and have eyes out on the scene, boots on the ground, everybody getting pictures from all different angles to truly see how many people showed up at a Louisville games. It's very weird behavior. And I will say there are certain things where I would say, yeah, you know, we're calling them obsessed, but we would probably do something similar. I don't know if Louisville fans care as much about who goes to Rupp Arena or Commonwealth Stadium, So maybe that's one thing the Kentucky fans just do differently, and they do a lot of things differently than other fan basis. But like, man, if there's an empty seat at your stadium, they're gonna let you ask no about it. That's for damn sure. They're very, very very consistent with that. All right. So last night's NFL Thursday Night football game was phenomenal, Lamar Jackson. I mean it sounds like a rerun, right, like any time Lamar Jackson plays, for the most part, we come on here and say, Wow, this guy's insane, he's special. He got even better. But it's not a rerun. It's true. I mean last night, I mean, it kind of seemed like just another day for him. But he's so electrifying as far as his ability to make plays that nobody else can and do things that nobody else can. That that makes it to where even though you're not really surprised, you know he can he can do these kind of things, but because he's so rare as a player, it's still is something that you know, I was gonna say takes your breath away, but that would have been a little dramatic, a little you know, a little over the top, but like it amazes you, like last night, if you're watching that game and you're you know, I'm not even just talking about Louisville fans or Ravens fans, just people who cover the NFL nationally or I mean just celebrities, even like they watch Lamar Jackson play football and they go out of their way to post on social media like this guy is insane, Like he's so talented, and he is and it's scary for the NFL that he got better in the offseason after he already had two MVP trophies. I mean, because if you're watching, maybe not even closely, but watching you know a little bit, you can tell this guy he has gotten better. His arm is a little more accurate, and he still makes mistakes, right, I mean, that's always going to happen, but he's playing with like a different level of confidence that clearly is working. Because right now, I mean, I think they look like a team that their defense can clean some things up, like they have as good of a chance as anybody to win the Super Bowl. Now, you got to get past the Chiefs, and yes, they've looked pretty beatable this year, but you know they're also undefeated for the first time in this dynasty that they've had for for quite some time. So easier said than done. But man, what a win last night for the Ravens to be down twenty one to seven in the third quarter, come back and get it done. Heck of a night for Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase. But the decision to go for two I think was the right one. But the Ravens were able to survive, and yes, I think it probably was a hold on the defense that wasn't called, and it clearly was a helmet to helmet hit with Joe Burrow and they didn't call it. And you know, I am happy they didn't call it, but I can also acknowledge that, yeah, if they would have called it, it would have been no surprise and it really would have been just consistency from the Baltimore defense because, I mean, they were in that position to score the game tying I guess the potential game tying touchdown because of you know, three consecutive penalties that you just can't do in that situation. But they did. So happy the Bengals are not the Bengals, but the Ravens survived. But I am a little worried about their defense potentially holding back a Ravens team that everywhere else is in the best position they've ever been in since Lamar's been there to actually break through and make it to a Super Bowl. I mean, Lamar's gotten better, He's got good weapons around him. I mean, Bateman played really well last night. Did have a big drop that he made up for it with the game winning touchdown. Obviously, Zay Flowers has been special. Mark Andrews is now really emerging as a reliable weapon for Lamar Jackson. He's been that his whole career, but he got up to a slow start. He's playing much better, but the defense man I mean, I said at the beginning of the show, Lamar was able to win a Heisman Trophy in twenty sixteen, which was, of course, spectacular season that we're all gonna remember forever. But unless you're a Louisville fan, and look, maybe Louisville fans have forgotten, Lamar won a Heisman with an offensive line that was awful, I mean, not reliable. I mean he put up crazy numbers, but on any given moment, it mean looked like he was he was going to get killed out there, and he might have if it wouldn't have been for his ability to to, you know, do some things in the pocket and and you know, avoid a sack or avoid a big hit, because you know he's that's the kind of player that he is. But I'm curious, I wonder what he trusts more the secondary that he currently has in Baltimore. That offensive line in his twenty sixteen season both were pretty unreliable, and I really wish the Ravens would have done something before the trade deadline to improve their secondary because it's a known weakness. Teams exploit it and weaken and week out there's really no change. Now. Jamar Chase is also a pretty tough cover, so maybe they looked a little worse than they typically look because of him, But it's a little it's a little worrisome. So again, last year, Lamar Jackson was the NFL MVP. And let me give you some comparisons to his numbers this year after ten games and his numbers last year after ten games, records the same seven and three passing touchdowns. Last year he had ten. This year, he's got twenty four interceptions. Last year at this time he had five. This year, he's got two rushing yards. Last year he had four hundred and eighty one. This year he's got five hundred and thirty nine. I mean, to say that he's in the driver's seat to be the MVP this year would be a massive understatement, because maybe I'm just getting caught up in Lamar having such a special year. But who would even be considered the next best option in the NFL MVP race. I mean, there's clearly some good players that are that are being mentioned, But I don't know how you could make the case that any buddy would be deserving of this more than Lamar. Now, you you don't give it to somebody after ten games, but I mean Lamar, I think right now, not only has he taken a big step up from what he was doing a year ago at this time, as I just mentioned with those numbers, but I feel like this year he has less competition ten games in than he did a year ago. I mean, obviously, Josh Allen is having a really good year and he's proving that he can be successful and maybe more successful. He doesn't have to worry about Stefan Diggs complaining about how much how many looks he's getting. But how could you give it to Josh Allen when Lamar Jackson has clearly just been better and he beat him. I mean, we'll see, maybe the season plays out and Lamar takes a dip and Josh Allen really emerges. But like right now, if Josh Allen is your best competition, I'd say you feel pretty comfortable about where you are, meaning it's yours to lose if you're Lamar Jackson. Now, Patrick Mahomes obviously he's Patrick Mahomes and his team's undefeated, but I mean, anybody mentioning him, I get it, Like it's not crazy. Again, he's the quarterback for the undefeated team in the NFL who's coming off of a super Bowl, Like, I get it, But his numbers are extremely blaw not only for him meaning Mahomes, for really anybody that's the starting quarterback in the NFL. So Lamar, I don't know why, but recently, in like the last couple of years, Like I always supported Lamar and really loved seeing what he was doing in the NFL, and it's awesome, and it has been since he got to the league, But for some reason the last couple of years, it's kind of hit me more than it ever has to. Like, not take for granted that in the NFL and the most popular sport in our country that people consume differently and may consume any other sport, the best player in that league is a Louisville Cardinal, Like that's something that is always going to have value. And I'm sure you'll find plenty of people if you go looking for him that are haters of Lamar Jackson, but he's also he's pretty popular, Like he's unanimously I shouldn't say unanimously because I don't know if that's possible, But Lamar has a vibe to him that like he's really likable. He's himself. He doesn't do a lot of stuff for attention. He's a competitor like his peers respect the hell out of him. That was clear after he won. I mean, I think one of the most impressive things Lamar has accomplished in the NFL is something you'll never hear many people reference, because there's other things you would assume are more impressive. But the fact that after his first MVP season, the peers in his league, when he was still a young guy and hadn't made any kind of playoff run, which I guess technically some people say he still hasn't, but regardless, they voted him the best player. That's your peers, that is, that's your coworkers. Like again, that's not something that's going to be on his resume on his Wikipedia page quite like NFL MVP awards or super Bowl appearances or Super Bowl wins, like that's what really is going to be where you make your legacy, no doubt about that. But I don't know if it's me. I realize the value and what it means to have everybody in the NFL at one point say that you are the best player in the league. Now again, they vote on that every year and he hasn't come in first place since then. But I mean, right now, you ask anybody in the league who they think is the best player. I wouldn't be shocked if the majority of them said Lamar Jackson. And the fact that he went to u of L and you know, was a beloved Louisville Cardinal. Like Louisville fans are able to experience something right now that many people can't. A run where for you know, hopefully for the foreseeable future. You know, one of your own is one of the most talked about, most popular, and most successful players in the NFL. Now again, I know, you got to win in the playoffs, and hopefully this year it happens. We'll worry about that when we get there. Quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Keep it rolling along. It's coffee and company. Feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety we got about thirty minutes left before we get out of here. For the weekend. Good vibes here on a Friday, and this song only helps enhance the vibes. Good stuff. I don't know if anybody else on the planet degrees, but thank you John for always delivering this for me. And uh, I mean my weekend starts when I hear this song. Good stuff, good stuff. All right, let's go to the text line five two six five three zero set of ninety. I've neglected you guys on the Ellenn Federal Credit Union text line today and I apologize. Ellenn Federal Credit Union members get more at Ellen NFCU. You can learn more and open your account today at lenfcu dot com. This Texas Nick. My first game ever as a Louis of a Cardinal fan was at Freedom Hall when they had the epic comeback against Tennessee. Can't wait to go back tomorrow. I feel like it's a sign that we get back on track. Yeah, you may. I mean that was a hell of a first game to be at. I don't know how old you are or how old you were then, but yes, that was I mean, I remember, you know, there are there are only a handful of games where I remember. I remember a lot of games, but there's only a handful that I can remember where the result was so crazy, I just like ran around, like losing my mind. That game took place in December. All I know is our Christmas tree was up in the house, which, knowing me and my family's loved for Christmas, heck, it could have been July. We might have had the Christmas tree up. I'm not sure, but I know it was not. It was early season, Rick Patino, and of course it was Bryant Northern Rees Gaines, and they pulled off just an unbelievable comeback that I still, you know, I can't believe happened. But I remember watching it in the basement and running upstairs and just for some reason, I ran outside the front door for my I don't know, maybe five seconds, and then I realized, oh yeah, it's December, it's really cold, and then I ran back inside, and then I just remember being in our living room and I was in front of the Christmas tree, jumping up and down. Couldn't believe that had happened. And yes, that's an old timer to pull off that miracle. Three threes and thirty seconds to beat Tennessee, and Reese gets a lot of love for that, and he deserves it. He's the one who hit big shots to give you. I mean Reese's big shot against Marquette. I mean that's memorable too. Reeskanes hits me hell of a career, one of the best players they ever played here. But Bride Northern was a part of that too, and I feel like people rarely remember that he had a role in that epic, epic come back when against Tennessee. Another just just thinking about it here. I don't know about you guys, but when I think of Tennessee Louisville, because they have played each other. In fact, the recent the most recent game between these two was actually when Chris Mack was in his first year. They played in the preseason n I t up there in the Barclay Center in Brooklyn and played a good Tennessee team and came up short. But the one that comes to mind for me was in the NUAA Tournament. And I don't know, like I'm sure there are people listening right now that know exactly what I'm what I'm talking about, but I rarely ever hear people mention this game. But in the in the Sweet sixteen, when Bruce Pearl was that was at Tennessee. It was the Nce DOUAA Tournament in two thousand and eight. Louisville won by nineteen points, and I remember thinking, Okay, this Louisville team loaded. This is gonna be a tough game. I mean, you've made it this far. You're the three seed, they're the two seed in the region, and you know they're really good. Thirty one and five. Tennessee's got Chris Lofton. I mean, I remember thinking, Okay, I'm just gonna go into this game thinking Louisville can win, but if they come up short, like I can't be surprised because Tennessee's that good. I mean, Tennessee was loaded, by the way. I mean, JP, Prince, Chris Lofton, Wayne Chisholm, you remember that Tyler Smith, that Bruce Pearl Tennessee team was really good. There's a reason they were thirty one and five and got the number two seed in Louisville. Of course, that was that was back to back years where you had kind of the same team and you were really really good and both seasons fell short in the Elite eight t will. Of course, as a junior, David Paget was a senior Jerry Smith, Jan Pelasios I believe that was his senior season. You brought Derek character off the bench. Earl Clark was, I mean, he was a leading scorer in that game. Actually, now that I look at the numbers, Edgar Sosa, Preston Knowles was an impactful I believe freshman at that time. So they beat him bad seventy nine to sixty. Rick Portino at that point that I think that made him maybe eight and oh all time in sweet sixteen game games. And then he went nine and oh I believe when he played Michigan State and tom Izzo when they were a one seed. So that was one of those victories where Rick Patino still had the reputation of like, all right, if this guy gets to the tournament, good luck who ever plays him, because he's gonna have his guys ready. So that's the one that comes to mind for me because I remember really thinking that they were going to have their season come to an end to an all time Tennessee team, but Patino got it done and then they ended up falling to Hansboro and in North Carolina that next game. And I remember that year in two thousand and eight, it was an Elite eight. It was just three years after you made a final four in two thousand and five, and clearly that was a disappointment, but you lost to Carolina, who ended up winning the national championship. The next year. That was the year where you again lost in the Elite eight, and that one is still one of the toughest losses I can remember as a Louisville fan, because you were so good. I mean Tee will Or Clark again, a lot of the same team, except you added I mean you got rid of I mean, you'd get rid of him. You probably could have utilized him. David Patgett graduated, was gone, but she brought in Tomato Samuel's and Preston Knowles had a bigger role the next year, and Louisville dominated that tournament, only to then just completely lay an egg against Michigan State Gorn Suton. I mean, that was that was a heartbreaker. So gosh, it's been so long since that happened. I'm reliving these tournament runs in detail and yet not realizing that, like, it's been so long since that happened.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 2: Gosh, that was what sixteen years ago something like that. Crazy to think about fifteen, fourteen years ago, whatever it is. And again I said this earlier not to like make people feel bad, but like just being honest with you, Like this will be the ten year anniversary from Louisville's last tournament appearance where they made it past the first weekend. I mean to say we are due as a program to have some relevance and have some involvement in the needs to be late tournament is a massive, massive understatement. All right, let's talk about Jefferson Nivil Hospital. Folks. Your pets, they are your they're your best friends, their family in fact, so make sure you're doing everything you can to keep them safe, keep them healthy. You may not know it, they may not know it, but there could be something going on with them when it comes to health wise that can be taking care of pretty quickly, pretty routinely, when it comes to just a checkup. So you know, I'm sure you just get lost in the moment with your pufps, your cats and you just never think of it. But you should think of it because they need to be checked out, just like we need to be checked out by a doctor to get a check up. So Jefferson in a hospital They've been around since nineteen eighty, been doing business and taking care of everybody's pets for a long, long time, forty four years. You don't stay in business that long unless you're doing a really good job at providing the service you provide, So keep them in mind. Jefferson Vets dot com is the website. Fivebo two nine hundred pets is the number you can stop in any time of the day. They'll be happy to see you and tell them we sent you. That'll make us look good. We like to look good for our partners, all right, So let's talk about this week's college football slate. We've been in basketball mode this week on the Louisville side. Kentucky as well. They're on a bye week and they shifted a basketball season long ago, and now I think they got buck Nell tomorrow, which I'm curious, not that anybody else cares, and I'm curious to see what the line is in that game because buck Nal is actually a pretty decent team. They did need over time to beat Southern Indiana, but I think that's a big step up from them what they just played right State. But not to say that they're on upset alert, but Anyhow, John, dare I say your most confident pick might in fact be your Hoosiers, not because of bias, but because they're just like they're rolling. It's up there.
Speaker 3: And I do have one that's probably on the same level east in my confidence, and that's Iowa State months two and a half at Kansas.
Speaker 2: And I know it is a road game for him, but.
Speaker 3: Iowa State needs to bounce back after their disappointing performance last week against Texas Tech, and.
Speaker 2: That I really liked that pick. Kansas is not good. They're one two and six now, yep. And look, Kansas was decent last year to good under Lan Slee poll. They ended up being ranked preseason this year, which is crazy to think about. But man like they're having such a down year, it didn't take long for their football fans to probably just abandon their football program and go right back to basketball. So it is at Kansas, but I don't think it'll be much of an atmosphere that it's a good pick by you, John, I like.
Speaker 3: That on regular stadium at this point, aren't they the program?
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, Yeah, yep, you're right. They're doing that weird hybrid thing because they're getting renovations done in your state. Yeah, good, Yeah, And Matt Campbell again, you mentioned that loss coming off of which is which is a tough one. Form They were undefeated at that time, but you know, it kind of felt like he overstayed there and didn't take advantage of what he had done at Iowa state of all places, to leverage that into a bigger job. I mean, I kind of felt like he was going to be like a hot seat guy, which was crazy to say, because they really fell off the last couple of years. But this year they have certainly bounced back in uh in a major way. All right for me? One that that really that really stands out that I uh, I feel good about. It's one of those that I feel so good about it that I'm overthinking it, like, hey, what should I be as confident as I actually am? And that is Vandy plus five and a half against South Carolina. Like South Carolina, really inconsistent team. They've had some big moments, big performances, but they've also had some letdowns, and I'm not really sure how good they actually are. Their defensive line is good, special teams play is always solid with Beamer, but Vandy's proven to be worthy of a better line than this. Now, you know. That's where I'm starting to second yess it like, because again, although Vandy's proven to be no longer, they're not the Vandy you're used to and they're not great, but they're pretty good and they're at home. They have a fan base now that shows up, probably more than they ever have because of the momentum they have this year, And this to me just screams, I mean, this is a game like if South Carolina loses outright, I can't say that I'm shocked because Bandy's proven in these moments to be able to take advantage of being an underdog, and they probably don't feel like they should be as big of an underdog here. So my confidence is kind of dropping a little bit in this one over you know, the last couple of days. But I still like it because it hasn't had a whole lot of movement. Give me Vandy plus five and a half, it's not bad.
Speaker 3: I was considering taking that one, So I'm kind of along the same lines of thinking with that.
Speaker 2: My next one.
Speaker 3: I've got Tennessee minus twenty four and a half, and I know that's a lot of points, but They're playing against Mississippi State at home for homecoming, as your guest mentioned earlier, and I think this is a game where Tennessee kind of gets back on track when it comes to just showing that they are the dominant team. You're playing against one of the worst teams in your conference, and I think it's time for the volunteers to kind of really show their muscle, if you will. And it wouldn't surprise me if they exceed this spread by several points.
Speaker 2: If I'm being honest. They are in contention for the playoff. They are playing the worst team in their conference, and it's not even close. There's never been a clear cut worst team in the SEC, like Mississippi State is this year, and then after that it's Kentucky. But which is crazy to say, but it's true. I'm not even making a joke about the rock. I'm just being honest with you. That's that's quite literally how it shakes out. But back to my point, they need to embarrass Mississippi State because they don't want to leave it. You know, the committee can tell us that, you know, eye test and I mean actually they did tell us eye test matters, But like you know, if you have a close game, that just gives somebody the opportunity to doubt that you're really as good as the committee said you were, or maybe the committee themselves no longer feels that strongly about you. So at times that can cause you to press a little bit to where maybe you're trying to you're over you're overthinking it. But Mississippi State's that bad. I'm with you. I think that's a lot of points, But I'm with you. Homecoming Saturday night at Kneelan. Their their football team is going to be playing so hard because they're going to try to make it up to their fans because their basketball team lost earlier in the day to Louisville. So I like where your heads at. That's what you were thinking too, right, John, Absolutely, I hope that's the outcome. But we shall see. All right, one more for me before we get to our last break here. I mean, oh, miss how are they? I mean, I know the tame way, I don't know how bad. I know how bad they beat the hell out of uh was it Arkansas last week? But Georgia, George's Georgia like Kirby smart, I mean, until Lane Kiffin wins one of these games against an elite team with a proven coach that's clearly one of the best in the country, I can't expect him to do it. And the fact that if Old Miss was getting if it was Old Miss plus six and a half, I'd still feel pretty confident about Georgia covering. But it's only two and a half. What am I missing? I know they're hot, they lit it up last week. But in these games, there's one coach who delivers at a really good rate, and there's a one and there's another coach who has never done it, and that's Lane Kiffin. I like Lane. I think he's a good coach, but like he's proven in these spots, they don't come through. I like Georgia, and I can't believe they're only favored by two year.
Speaker 3: What it is is a Georgia struggle with Florida last week, and I think that's why you're seeing to be And plus also Ole Miss coming off of the type of win they had against Arkansas. And by the way, that's not what I thought you were gonna say when I said I was tailing you. I'm taking Ole Miss.
Speaker 2: Money line, Okay, money line, okay? Wow?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: And again, I don't if you don't want to tail me on that, totally get it because I think got over too in my money line predictions the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: Well, you're a smart guy, and I don't mean that to just gash you up, but when you do your money line, you're doing it because you know that it you know there'd be a lot more juice there, right, Yes, So I just think again, I've been all over Lane Kiff in the last two years, and I went against him last week and it didn't work. Maybe this is me being stubborn, thinking Okay, this time I'll be right about because I thought they would win against Arkansas, but I thought they were too many points and they killed them. But you know, with Lane again, these kind he's had now three seasons where they've been good and then they've had these opportunities to really show, okay, have they taken that big of a step up and they've never delivered. Now they are at home, so maybe that'll be the the maybe that'll make the difference here. But yeah, we're opposite on that one. We'll see what happens. And then of course we both have Indian AI minus fourteen and a half yes, we don't even need to discuss that signetti covers. That's just that's just his religion. That's what he does. Quick break will come back on the other side of rap this thing. I'll get at her for the weekend. All right, just a few minutes left here before we get out of here for the weekend. But don't forget. We will be back tomorrow because we've got Louisville basketball pre and postgame coverage for you right here on Sports Talk seven ninety Louisville and Tennessee. I am expecting a win. I've mentioned that throughout the week, and I am expecting a good crowd there. When I say good crowd, I mean it'll be full enough to where it's going to be an atmosphere, which that's what you want. That's what your team needs to be able to utilize leverage by playing in front of their loud crowd. So thank you to you know, I say thank you like I'm Pat Kelsey, but like it's awesome to see what Rick Keeber did by buying up a lot of tickets and giving him out to people who couldn't afford it. Same thing with ups giving tickets to some of their employees. So you know, I think we'll see a good crowd and hopefully it results in a win. All right, I can tell you what we're, what we're, what will what will result? I got a little tongue tach trying to get creative. I was gonna try to tell you a really cheesy line about why you need to use blue Choo. But I'll just give you the directories and it can make sex better. Sex is already great, right, we love it? But what if I told you it could be better? It can. That's where bluetoo comes in. It's a unique online service that delivers the same active ingredients as viagrant ci alis, but in a chewable tablet and at a fraction of the cost. It's an online prescription service as mentioned, So therefore you don't have to go to the doctor. You don't have to tell them, hey, doc, uh kind of got something I need to tell you. I mean, you could do that if you want, or you can just go to bluetoo dot com, sign up and you're good to go. And it's not just to help you when it comes to being able to get the job done. It's to help you perform better at the job. And as I said earlier, the better you perform at something, the more you know, the more likelihood you're gonna get opportunity. And we're talking about sex here, so take advantage. You can get your first month free right now if you go to blue chee dot com and use the promo code Nick seven ninety at check out. All you have to do is pay five bucks shipping. It's bluetoo dot com promo code Nick seven ninety, and you receive your first month free just by Bucks shipping. Chow didn't do it, Blue Choo. All right, we're out of here. Everybody have themselves a great weekend. Hopefully I see you guys at the Kfcum Center tomorrow or I'm sorry, John at the Yum's right, the Yum. The moose Man's gonna be there. He's excited. Can I tell you something adorable? Of course, he thought it was a football game until he just knew we were gonna beat Tennessee. Because that's what he's what I've been telling them. Cards are playing, Yeah, go, cards are gonna beat Tennessee. And I kept saying Pat Kelsey and he was like, well, is he gonna sit with us? And I'm like, son, he's gonna coach, and he was like wait what So now he's in basketball mode and UH should be awesome. All right, have a good when everybody talk to you tomorrow