Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to another quality broadcast of the Minnesota Goodbye. If you're a first time listener, well thank you, welcome, I appreciate you being here. Basically, we're going to go over some shit and we're going to talk about some stuff, and a lot of the shit and stuff is brought up by you because you send us ideas and say, here's some shit to talk about, here's some stuff you might want to discuss before we get started. Anything on anybody's mind that you want to like talk about, any shit or stuff that you want to discuss.
Speaker 2: I'm playing volleyball tonight for the first time in a while, okay, and I'm a little nervous because it is with like some friends that are competitive, but they claim that the team's not good. So I think I'll be Okay, that's all I got.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you outdoors?
Speaker 4: No? No, I was going to say, yeah, the door is still Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got a heart scan tomorrow and it makes me a little bit nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I went to the doctor physical about I don't know, a month or so ago, and they do the blood work, and you know, blood can they don't. They don't even have to really do anything with you anymore. They just take your blood blood tell all. So they look in my blood and they go, oh, you got like high calcium. It's higher than it should be. You need to go get a heart scan to put you on the risk level of you're going to die soon to you probably live a while. Yeah, And so it makes me a little bit nervous. I think, you know, you get a little bit older, and you know, you feel good and you run and you exercise or whatever. Maybe you don't, but then you're always worried that something's going to come back.
Speaker 3: And go cancer.
Speaker 5: Cancer.
Speaker 1: So and I've got a friend who's got like calcium like in his heart or something.
Speaker 3: Like that, like build up or something something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I got that tomorrow and then they got a lung scan and and so you know, you and you talk to your doctor and if you're in the medical field, maybe you can tell me whether this is something that they do. It's kind of like going to the mechanic. Yeah, they go, well, you know what, you should get those rotors readjusted. And you're like the what, oh, yeah, the rotors near the what how much is that? Four ninety nine ninety nine you're got well okay, yeah, and they're like, well, what else do you need to do? Well, you get the terminals clean? What the what terminal terminals clean?
Speaker 3: How much is that?
Speaker 1: Uh, it's a bargain. It's one ninety. And you're like, you don't know, so you agree to it. So they said, we want to give you a lung cancer screening. Why right, Well, because I smoked cigars here and there. Yeah, and I used to smoke cigarettes and I quit twenty twenty five years ago, and so you know, I mean, I guess it's a good thing. But do you think that medical like companies because they're you know, let's face it, they're They're a profit company, they really are. They're not there because they like, oh, they have a passion, don't get me wrong, But do you think they kind of give you a test like, Jenny, you need a follicle exam because we think that you've got to check into your follicles.
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't that usually based off of like what your doctor suggests. So I don't believe that because I trust my doctor a lot, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: At the same I don't know I trust my doctor too.
Speaker 2: I feel like, like I'm a little scarred from when I started having risk issues. I had gone to see someone and they were like, oh, let's just get you into some physical therapy, and I was like, I really feel like that's not going to resolve the issue. And so went to physical therapy for a while, did nothing. Went to a different doctor and she was like, yeah, you need surgery, like your bone is overgrown like.
Speaker 4: This and this and that.
Speaker 2: Physical therapy is not going to fix it. So, like one person suggested me doing physical therapy that wasted like three months of.
Speaker 4: My life money and yeah money of the money.
Speaker 2: Part that pissed me off the most. But anyways, so I feel like, I don't know. I think it's a weird realization when you get to a point in life where you realize that, like, doctors don't actually know everything, yes, and you think that though as a kid, you're like, oh, they know everything, they're gonna they're going to heal me. And I'm not shaming any doctors. It's just like it's impossible for a doctor to know every single thing to fix every single person's issue.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I've gone the doctor for my belly pain. If you don't know, I've had belly pain for the past fourteen years or so, went in had my gall bladder out. They said all that will do it, and that it'll only gotten worse since then. So I've gone to every kind of doctor, even a hypnotist, to find out what and nothing. They don't find anything wrong.
Speaker 5: Maybe she puts their bladder back in.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a really good idea, Bailey. So yeah, and it's a little bit frustrating. Some doctors say, oh, it's pain, it's it's like muscular. Anothers say, oh, no, it's ibs. Another one say, we can't figure out what it is. So it is a little bit frustrating, but you know, I mean, where else do you go when you're sick. I am not a holistic medicine I am not a Reichy kind of a person. I don't believe in energy fields. I don't believe in like what's the ship where they massage your feet and there's an organ associated with the ball of your foot.
Speaker 3: Is that reflexology?
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of quackery bullshit out there, and I don't I mean, of course it's all bullshit. I think acupuncture is also bullshit because I think it's all like a placebo effect.
Speaker 4: I think you're gonna get a lot of emails.
Speaker 1: Give a shit, Prove me wrong. Prove me wrong. If you go to get acupuncture or reiche and you come back and you go, oh, I'm cured. You were gonna get better anyway. So if you've got like migrain headaches and you go in and and and you get the acupuncture or whatever, and then migrain goes away, I'm gonna guess it was gonna go away anyway.
Speaker 2: But in the long run a placebo effect could be beneficial then because who cares?
Speaker 1: That is true? The placebo effect is actually legitimate. Like if I give Jenny some magic beans and they're gonna like, oh, Jenny, they're gonna give you like energy, You're you're not gonna believe the energy you get from these magic beans. Your mind is a very powerful thing. And if your mind is convinced that you're going to be energetic and have a bubbling personality from these magic beans, fuck, it's gonna work. Yeah, but it's not going to be from the acupuncture or the magic beans. It's gonna be the placebo effect.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, the mindset change.
Speaker 1: Now realize that I have no fucking clue what I talking about.
Speaker 6: It. You literally got hypnotized for your belly pain, and that's your mind. And it didn't work.
Speaker 1: And it didn't work because I didn't believe it. And I remember sitting in the chair and she was a very nice, gracious woman, and I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I pretended that I was under and I left there going that was the dumbest thing for me to pretend. But I think that's what happens when you go to a reiki or a reflex or a foot liver organ whatever kind of a thing. You're gonna say, oh, yeah, I feel real relaxed. I always that's a line from Napoleon Dynamite.
Speaker 2: I know. Yeah, whenever we have a hypnotist at school, like in high school or something, and they have like the people on stage doing whatever weird shit, I did believe some of it because like some of the people, I'm like, there's no way that person would be doing that. We're not hypnotized. But I know that, Like I just have no doubt in my head. I would never be to be hypnotized. I am too much of an anxious humanes. My brain go like, oh, it's a wonderland.
Speaker 1: No, I agree that you are and you're not. And that's just and I think that what I've heard it's an act. You know, you can't really hypnotize a bunch of people in front of a bunch of other people, so people will pretend or think they're hypnotized. So therefore somebody who's a little bit reserved will do their best horse impression because it's.
Speaker 3: Like, it's funny to me.
Speaker 1: Everybody thinks that I'm hypnotized, So I can do whatever I want. I can act like I'm a dance I can do a tap dance, or I can be a breakdancer because people think that I'm hypnotized. I remember, we used to have a guy that would come down to one of the local casinos. This is twenty years ago when Intern John worked here, and Intern John was a ham and he's very funny and he'll do anything for a laugh. And he's like, hey, when we do this hypnotist show, make sure that I get picked.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Intern John would get up there on this stage in front of a thousand people and pretend he was hypnotized, and he was funny, as shit. Yeah, because he was just pretending. Yeah, so all right, if you got any different opinions on that one, I'm trying to stir the pot a little bit. So, but I do say that all of that stuff is bullshit. Show me some true blind studies and scientific evidence.
Speaker 5: I bet there are plenty out there.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, sure you know who did him, acupuncturists, That's who did him.
Speaker 5: Okay, sure, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Next one, Caitlin says, I want to send you this because I know how big a Survivor fan that Bailey and Jenny are. I would love to go. Unfortunately, I have no friends that are survival fans Survivor fans, and I don't know Minneapolis very well, and I'm not bit confident to drive there. But I hope you girls can go and report back on how amazingly fun it is.
Speaker 4: Is the Mall of America thing is said.
Speaker 1: I went to the Harry Potter Drag Brunch in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Oh, the Survivor drag Brunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah there it is Survivor drag Brunch with Parvadi shallow Hay.
Speaker 6: Yes, Harve Jenny, she's famous. It's on April twenty seventh. I cannot go, but I want to go Mary madly. But it's on April twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: They're doing something at the Mall of America. Yea that they've been promoting. I've been seeing on like Instagram, but I don't know when it's coming.
Speaker 5: I think it's already here, but I don't know if it's gone yet.
Speaker 4: Then let me look.
Speaker 1: She goes on to say, I'm thirty six years old and I love to cross ditch Bailey. I think we would make really good friends. I love the show. You guys are amazing, And she actually sends in a cross ditch that she made, and it says, I feel a spree coming on. It's either shopping or killing. I haven't decided yet.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: I like the flowers too. I do that kind of cross ditch as well.
Speaker 1: That is so cool, So thank you for that one. This one says it's basically from Jessica, and she's given me a link to the Animal Humane Society of Golden Valley with the dogs. And I was going to go by yesterday. Honestly, I kind of forgot. I want to look at dogs, but Susan is opposed. And you know, I'm enjoying the break. I'll be real honest with you. I'm enjoying the break from taking care of a dog.
Speaker 6: Let's give yourself like I don't know, maybe a month, so when it does start getting really nice, like that's when you're really gonna want to start going on walks.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I just miss a wiggedly, like you know, when they get so excited their butt wiggles and.
Speaker 4: Their tasting at the door for you, and.
Speaker 1: They just jump up on you and they say and their little facial expressions like when they're laying in their little bed, but they don't lift their head, but they lift their eyes up to look at you. So you I miss that all right. Next one Stephanie writes in uh, and it says Dave. I just heard Dave say he hasn't had a boy dog since he was a kid. Poor Rex. Dave love Rex, and it's been a fortune fixing his butt problems. Don't forget Rex, Dave. I'm very certain Rex was a male callie. Yes, And you know what, Rex was a wonderful dog. Rex was in our life for such a short time that I don't think fiveish years. I mean, that's short.
Speaker 4: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we got he was a breeder dog. We got when he was about eight, and he lived to be about twelve or thirteen or I could be off for a few years. But he was just the sweetest old soul of a dog. And he was just very peaceful, just you know, just a very peaceful boy.
Speaker 3: That's cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rap, kay, let's see what else we got here. I want to make sure that I've gotten to everybody that. Okay, here we go. Michelle writes in I was so shocked to hear my name on the Minnesota Goodbye the other day. You are all five with me, five days a week. Please stay yourself. By the way, my eyes bug out every time you hear you cuss on the show.
Speaker 3: Lol.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to hear to I can't wait to see you all again soon. We met at the Shine Down Cruise, Dave, you and I talked for about ten minutes. Thanks again for taking that time.
Speaker 3: You love you all. Michelle.
Speaker 1: Oh, Michelle, we love you too, so thank you. I know she lives I think like up north somewhere, so we love you too. Swearing on the show, I'm I'm gonna use the C word here because I think it's funny. Because Corey Foley was on our show. We used to call her Filthy Foley because she was so dirty. She would talk about how her sister had a horse hair butt plug. So it's a butt plug that goes up ya heine, but it's got hair hanging off of it, so it looks like a horse's tail. Yeah, her sister had a horse hair butt plug.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: And Corey, I think we were testing the microphones one time and Corey is like, she leans into the microphone and she says fucket he cunt fuck And I just thought that was funny because that's about as.
Speaker 3: Obscene as you can get.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and I texted it to her the other day just to say, just like to say hi to Corey Foley. I texted those three words. And I don't even like say in the middle one. But what is your favorite swear word, Jenny?
Speaker 4: Probably fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, fuck yeah, that's probably the most expressive one.
Speaker 4: I don't know, definitely that you know. Okay.
Speaker 2: The girl in White Lotus, So there's the three girls that are all friends on the vacation together, and one's the famous actress and one, and you think that the one that's like the hottest, the one that's like Republican or conservative.
Speaker 3: Or whatever, one with the short blonde hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they call her haircut that bob, a cunty bob. They were like, we need to get her like a specific look to fake to fit her character.
Speaker 4: And so there's been like stories.
Speaker 2: Out there of her cunty bob look and how people are like making that the new like Rachel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's supposed to be.
Speaker 6: I mean, like I don't use the word either, but it's very popular in like the like gay community, like I'm serving I am the queen, like don't even try anything because I'm gonna take you down kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's like the vibe of it.
Speaker 1: Well, what is your favorite swear word than bailey?
Speaker 6: I mean, when I'm driving and someone pisses me off, I call them a shit bitch?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about motherfucker?
Speaker 6: I mean I don't think anyone says that anymore. Oh really, yeah, it's too there's too many words. Okay, it takes too long.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've said that to you, Dave, like under what context.
Speaker 2: Like joking around, like we're planning a bit and then you start like ganging up on me, and I'll be like, all right, motherfucker, let's get.
Speaker 4: What I do it.
Speaker 1: Jenny does accuse me of being a cocksucker once in a while, I do not.
Speaker 4: Ever say I have never said that. How dare you?
Speaker 1: Let me stop you for a minute. Let me stop you for a minute. We'll be like, oh, yeah, we're having like, well, what do you want to talk about on the show. Let's talk about things we're good at, okay, And Genny will say like, well, you're good at sucking dick.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: That is different than being like you cocksucker, You're right, You're right. I maybe no, because we were saying what would we be in the Olympics for?
Speaker 4: And David was like, god, what was mine? And I was like fucking.
Speaker 3: Duke, which to me is very funny, like.
Speaker 4: It's not a normal thing that comes out of my.
Speaker 1: Mouth though, But see, I think that. And I found a meme last night that I want to read to you guys, and it says studies show friend groups who insult and make fun of each other are three hundred percent more likely to be loyal and honest. And I don't know whether this study is true or not, but I'll read it again. Friend groups who insult and make fun of each other are three hundred percent more likely to be loyal and honest. And I think that's true because some of my best friends and be like, hey, you fuck wad, what's going on? Like I went up to who's our guy from Aaron from Plymouth? Yeah, I went up to him at David Busters and I consider airing a friend. I said, Hey, a little bitch and he kind of laughed like, yeah, what's up, a little bitch? Because that's funny.
Speaker 6: See, I would never say that kind of stuff for my friends, but me and my sister always do ask each other why are you dumb?
Speaker 5: Like why are you dumb?
Speaker 1: And that's fun because it's a milder version.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, exactly. But I would never, like I would never swear at my sister. I would never swear at my mom or my friends necessarily like you're a fuck wand I would never say that.
Speaker 1: Well, like Susan'll be standing to sink in front of the kitchen trash and I can't get the trash, can I'll get the fuck out of my way? And she laughs because she knows that, you know, She's not gonna be like, well, that was mean, get the fuck out out of my way, and that's funny, and she'll say the same thing to me.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna start asking you, why are you such an idiot? Dave?
Speaker 1: Are you going to be meaner to me? And that's funny?
Speaker 5: I don't know how I'm too nice?
Speaker 3: Why are you such a shit? Wat?
Speaker 5: Is that only when it bitch? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, time for one more short email from Louise. He says, good morning, Dave, Jenny bay Levant. I discovered you all about six months ago through War of the Roses and found y'all to be super funny, so I decided to keep listening ever since. My questions for Jenny, I heard previously that she used to play soccer. I'm curious if you have a favorite soccer player or team, and if you plan on attending any games for the twenty twenty six World Cup planning being held in the USA. Fun fact, I used to live in Albert Lee, Minnesota, but I never heard of y'all, but I currently live in Charlotte, North Carolina. So Louise all the way in Charlotte, North Carolina found us on the iHeartRadio app, Jenny, what do you think?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: I hate to disappoint you, but I don't really have a favorite soccer team. I mean, I like the Minnesota United because that's like the local team here. But I do go watch like World Cup stuff sometimes with friends, but I can't say that I have a favorite player or a favorite team from there. Enough, Yeah, I just certain sports you like to play, but maybe not necessarily watch. And I think that's kind of how I am with soccer.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, And that does it for the Minnesota Goodbye, you, motherfucker. I say that out of love. Send your emails to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com