Speaker 1: This segment is brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. You could own a piece of Dallas's most luxurious Amphitheater. This is really cool, redefining the way you experienced concerts. This is going down in McKinney. Will tell you more about this momentarily, but let's talk the little MAVs basketball DFW here and skinned. Last night, MAVs got a much needed win. Not a great opponent, but nonetheless MAVs just needed to win that game. And they got going early, Clay got going early, and they rolled. Yeah, and honestly the worst opponent, the Washington Wizards have the worst record in the NBA. Now they turn right around tomorrow night and right here on ninety some point when the Eagle they are going to play the New Orleans Pelicans and their building. Now, remember they played the Pelicans not too long ago, right, They went there and they squared off against them, and they lost, and there was the controversial goaltending call that was not called a goaltend, and the Mavericks lost that game. Pelicans. As of right now, twelve and thirty five, this is the rare chance for the Mavericks to get a couple wins in a row, and this is a long road trip they're going to go on. Then they're going to go to Detroit on Friday night, and that is a different Detroit team. So they're way better now, they're around five hundred, and you go, Okay, we still have a chance. But the Mavericks have to look at every conceivable win where they're not going up against a Celtics or somebody like that is you got to go get this rare opportunity to go three and oh this week. Got to take advantage of it. By the way, did you actually get a chance to see the guy play last night?
Speaker 2: Kyler Kelly? Yes, he got in late.
Speaker 1: Dude, that guy, at the age of twenty seven played his first NBA minute.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: And you know, it's like, I'm sure in some ways that's the end of a long, crazy dream for him. Flew in see to you know, it hadn't even been in town twenty four hours and he was playing for the MAVs. I bet there's no way he knew half of the coach's names. Like, that's how quick of a turnaround it so, but that's how thin they are with the new injury Maxi Kleva. They're just super thin in the front line. That guys from the G League named Kyler Kelly, You're getting minutes. Man. They had a G League guy in the preseason. My kids are so excited about because I think he's like seven to five sharp.
Speaker 2: Whatever happened to that guy? H you know he might be with the Legends. I gotta look, I don't know, all right.
Speaker 1: That was brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Ampitheater, our friends at venue and I saw them ring the belt the New York Stock Exchange the other day. Really cool, dude. These guys are changing the entire concert industry, the music industry, combining entertainment and investment while enjoying your favorite artists. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for information on how to own a firepit suite. You probably heard us talking about Troy Aikman. You could own a luxury fire pits suite or join the exclusive Apman Club to where every concert they have there at McKinney forever, you have seats because you bought your seats, and again combining real estate with entertainment. This opens in twenty twenty six, but you can secure your suite right now. Again, go to Sunset Texas dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Day featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: Just got an email in my inbox. I'm sure you guys did two from your Texas Rangers and it's basically there was one yesterday too, which they announced the creation of the Ranger Sports Network. So if you see RSN, it's that it's not Regional Sports Network, it's the Ranger Sports Network. They already had announced, you know, a partnership with Victory plus an app where you could watch their games next year for one hundred dollars a year or twenty dollars a month, your choice, and then they announced deals or in their release today this enough they have announced deals with direct TV, Satellite U Verse, and Spectrum, So if you have those, you can watch the Rangers this year.
Speaker 2: You have that channel, it's great on RSN. Yeah, a Ranger Sports Network. Okay, cool, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: And then they're also planning a fifteen game over the air package on CW thirty three. Hell yeah, bro, So this will probably be like the Friday night series they used to do on TXA twenty one over a decade ago, probably Friday night home games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be on CW thirty three.
Speaker 3: They think this is according to the chairman, Neil Liebman, they think one hundred percent of the homes in the Rangers badcast territory.
Speaker 2: We'll get access last year to the over the air games, no to some element of local broadcasts this year.
Speaker 1: Like to watch the Rangers this year, okay, not like every single game, but like most games. Okay, you would only have to do work if you didn't have Spectrum, Uverse orret TV satellite like me for instance, Me like I would have to if I want to watch other Ranger games, I'm gonna have to buy Victory plus about one hundred dollars for a full season.
Speaker 3: I would absolutely do that or twenty dollars in my im. Wait and see if they're good or if they suck, cancel it. I don't know what good plan is. I think they're gonna be really good. Yeah, in fact, I think they're won the World Series, could be. It's what Boachie does every other year. I think they're gonna win the next three World Series. So this year, one hundred of fans in the territory we'll get to watch Rangers baseball. Last year, they think it was about two million of sixteen point five million homes because of how small the percentage was. Yeah, because they were only on the local affiliate Ballet.
Speaker 2: I guess Ballely's Baley with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so are they just going to fill up a channel with nothing but Rangers programming around it?
Speaker 2: I just I just had a thought as you were saying this.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, so if you have the NBA package, when the NBA games aren't on, it just says off air.
Speaker 2: And I'm sitting here going, why couldn't.
Speaker 1: The teams just go directly to cable and throw it on there? Now, you know, in other words, Rangers Sports Network, like, they don't have to have programming on all the time. If they want to do a small deal with a cable provider, they could do that, right and then when they're not on air, Like, think about this, Like the rights fees that direct TV, satellite or Spectrum or whoever has to pay wouldn't be that much. And the Rangers would get money and they would be giving something to their fan base and it would be some money and just say, look, when we don't have a Ranger game airing or a replay of the Ranger game airing, it's going to be just like the NBA package where it's going to say we're off air, Like why do you need to be on the air all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's probably still working on what they're going to do. They're going to fill up some you know, programming hours. Well, I think a good idea is if you have an organization that has minor league baseball that you're promoting, then why not would you like, hey, Frisco played last night, why can fill up three hours of tomorrow's twenty four hour day with the Rough Riders game. Yeah, like no, you gotta go shoot that and all that, But like there's a way to fill up that time and use it to still promote your product.
Speaker 1: The interesting thing is, so for that channel is that the Rangers and house sales teams selling commercials. Now you can do like there's cable commercials. Yeah, Like we have our friends at Josie Records, they buy cable commercials, right, And there's some of that inventory. But that's kind of interesting. I'm just inter thinking about it as these teams find a new way. Dude, I mean the Mavericks so mAbs TV, they have a deal with FAA, right, so they're programming that they provide is on FAA, and when when the MAVs aren't on FAA shows all sorts of like you know, local shows and reality TV and.
Speaker 2: Things like that.
Speaker 1: Talk about you talk about tech k yeah KFAA yeah K. And but that's owned by teg Net. TEGNA owns a bunch of programming. This is different if this is the Ranger Sports Network and they don't have deals with other teams yet they don't have to be broadcasting all the time. Yeah, Like I'm curious, is it gonna be the Rattigan Hour? Like are they just gonna roll out a bunch of different Rangers centric you know, like.
Speaker 2: Like Rangers Insider used to be, yeah, over and over?
Speaker 1: Is it twenty four hours Rangers Cribs where it's.
Speaker 3: That, Yes, I'd love a Dilly dog show you do. Why wuldn't you show the Emily Jones podcast or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Too?
Speaker 3: Like there's all that, But also I would say, uh, and I don't know they're still working on this stuff. If they've got a deal to do over the year games with Channel thirty three CW thirty three, they could be working on something with them. C W thirty three is chalk full of syndicated programming, trust me, I know.
Speaker 1: But my point is that they clearly have a ranger sports network, Like they're gonna be trying to do deals, Like why would they announced it yesterday? So they're probably still working. Yeah, why wouldn't the Stars want to be on this network?
Speaker 3: Well, that's where that's where you end up, is like is everyone just gonna come back and touch tips in the end, Like, honestly, that'd be great, and I think that's how it probably should work. That's what fans want, you know what fans love. Fans love seeing dak at a Stars game, and they love seeing you know, Corey Seeger went to the MAVs game.
Speaker 2: They love the cross pollination. So if you would do that in.
Speaker 3: The way you did your games, obviously football can't be a part of that. Fans eat that up and you might make a little more money doing it that way. But that's called a regional sports network. We had it guys' I missed the boat on this real quick before we get to some World War three news. I can't handle this, this lady's voice, and I just wanted to play this for you guys. And again, I'm sorry, but big news. Waterburger today from six to eleven am was handing out free honey buttered chicken sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Man and their new.
Speaker 3: Spokesperson apparently as I don't know if it's a spokesperson, but you know she's working with him, is country star Laney Wilson. Fantastic, and I just I can't handle her voice. So I wanted you guys to hear this.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, I have some exciting news.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be partnering with water Burger this year and everybody is getting a free honey butter chicken biscuit.
Speaker 2: I can do that right. It's gonna be a party. There's certain letters. She's just incapable of pronouncing it, citing. It's very exciting. I just had to do that. Next. There you go, lady, There you go. That's all seems to be working well for her.
Speaker 1: She's doing great out there and going to the Cowboy games. She just she doesn't look like she's eating as many water burgers as she used to. Though, you know, hitting Taketo's now doing great. I do know, and takeitos is no different? Is it?
Speaker 2: Like the bread is the problem? Okay? Oh yeah, one we're thing. One more audio thing for Untu.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: Here's the coach of the Jaguars. He had an opening press conference yesterday. And you know, the Jaguars are in Duval County, all right, so their whole things are players.
Speaker 2: They want to be douvall. You know we do that from there. Yeah, the chap, yep, this guy dou Ball.
Speaker 3: And then he smiled like he kind of like he hated dude, and he was like, I just I absolutely just endeared myself to the Jaguars fan base.
Speaker 2: Cocky smile. I'm I'm the new guy now.
Speaker 3: I got the GM fired dou Ball and social media said, oh nobody, you just call up good plays.
Speaker 2: So is that a thing? When he just did, yeah, do ball? Yeah, yeah, you do it, Christina, I'm not doing it after.
Speaker 1: The good of the listeners. A lot of charities are listening right now. Yeah, I want to know why. That's the thing, Like what a county. It's just what they do when they win the game.
Speaker 2: Kind no, but nobody here goes call in when they're in planeo. Like, but we say stars when we do the national anthem, Like it's kind of like that, it's stars counting Christina. Can you least give us one county? Tell us what it's supposed to sound? You know it? I really honestly don't know it. But I know they say Duval County. How do they say? I'm assuming like Duval not.
Speaker 1: Okay, But he's saying it like it's a spell he's casting on someone. You guys are like, its normal behavior for a professional sports franchise to win a game, and everyone yells out the name of the County's done that. We've done that for years here my whole life I grew up. The Cowboys would win, would go IRV always did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's Jackson? Let them have a thing. They don't win much.
Speaker 1: But I know, but you guys acknowledge that's a dumb thing for the pro sports team to yell the name of the county there in if you want to tell it to their players, you can't.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, get ready to make the tax roll. It's the thing for a long time the fans do it. They're all the ones here in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: But the ones who aren't from Duval County. I mean that that to go along with it.
Speaker 2: I guess you know. I don't know. Did Dom Capers used to do this?
Speaker 3: Oh, he was the coach of the Panthers, so he was their second year of existence. The Panthers and the Jaguars went to the conference championship game and the Cowboys still can't get back.
Speaker 2: Do you have anyone else doing that? Yeah, it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: When they went when they want to watch playoff Gas a few years ago, it is, but del Jaalen Ramsey and the guys back then, how do they do it?
Speaker 2: I don't know where do they do this? Like they're just staying at toime? Have school? Interesting school they do?
Speaker 1: They walk over to the sidelines and start saying this. I can't help it that that me and Christina seem to know more about football than I know. I'm shocked by this. I saw that going viral. This go I don't get it. I don't understand anything about weird say the name.
Speaker 2: Of the calendar. It's just a thing. So it's like wearing a shirt. You wear that shirt today that's not like we don't question.
Speaker 1: It, nor every fan say is a weird thing that they do?
Speaker 2: Pump everyone? What's ours? What do we do? Stars? Your stars doing the national anthem?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Kind of disrespectful. The Rangers do deep in.
Speaker 3: The heart attacks, have a dot race.
Speaker 2: Do you know some a little bit racist songs? The Cowboys, we then boys. The MAVs are in the f f LS. You all stupid. That would sound would sound stupid if you didn't know, But at least you can explain that. It's so.
Speaker 1: This is a this is an abbreviation for fans of the team. Not here's the county where the building was.
Speaker 2: Like what I'm just saying, it's tax roll.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, well you brush with Awqua Fresh, you do Coldgate, but you don't brush your your too.
Speaker 2: You don't brush your teeth. Lit yourself merr and go Coldgate?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Are you out there chanting about your toothpaste?
Speaker 3: I am now because lately I just got this electric toothbrush.
Speaker 2: I means you really doesn't. It's then it's messy. The bron it's messy.
Speaker 1: I have to go shirtless when I brush, but it's good.
Speaker 3: I don't know the brand. So there was a thing that happened a while back, ye where you guys remember the story where uh, they were worried in Scotland that some Russian submarines were in encroaching their territory, so they were getting pinged. Well, these boats that were capturing this pings, they've now discovered it was just well farts that were setting off the alarms and these submarines.
Speaker 2: Dangerous nuclear wellfarts.
Speaker 3: So well, it's just not enough to really do anything. But it's very loud, and they're like, yeah, it's definitely a well and then we have to take it, you know, seriously, when the Russian submarines are in our space here.
Speaker 2: But it turns out it's well farts.
Speaker 1: It wasn't God, that'd be a great movie, the Underwater Submarines. Yeah, oh no, it's it's a Russian sub No, it might have been a whale fart.
Speaker 2: Don't fire. Gene Hackman is the captain of the whale. I gotta decide.
Speaker 1: They do they start a war or do they wait to find out if it was just a whale fart.
Speaker 2: Tweet for Southerland would be great. Oh, go'd be so good, so good.
Speaker 1: I want the showed in well we do the Today Game, all right, fine, all right, coming up next, it's the Today Game, the only segment of the show Today that shout to be podcasted, and it's next on Eagle