Speaker 1: This is doctor Wendy Walsh and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Doctor Wendy Walls Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app KFI AM six forty. You have Doctor Wendy Walsh with you. This is the Dr Wendy Wall Show. Now, I'd like to welcome my Instagram followers. How wonderful that you're here on a Sunday night with me. I'm seeing and I'm asking you guys to put in a little post of where you're watching from. Hello, Sally and Escondido. Good to see you, some locals and then people from literally around the world, which is so cool about social media. It's one of the things I like. So if you'd like to give me a call, this is the time where I will be answering your relationship questions. The number is one eight hundred five two zero one five three four Okay, Producer Kayla, who do we have? First?
Speaker 2: We have Ian with a question.
Speaker 1: Ian. Hello, Ian, It's doctor Wendy.
Speaker 3: Hi, Doctor Wendy, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 4: I'm an accountant here and I just moved to southern California and then oh shoot, I got a client here.
Speaker 5: Let me call you back, I have this question.
Speaker 2: After wall Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, I just for those who didn't hear that on Instagram, he said, I'm an accountant here. I just moved to southern California. Oh no, I have a client on the other line. I gotta go, I go.
Speaker 6: Okay, So he was saying he's twenty three years old, he's not to California, and he says all of his friends are single and they have no desire to get married, and he wants to know if that's a Southern California thing. Oh why all of his friends that he's meeting out here are just not interested in relationships or marriage.
Speaker 1: I can tell you what the research says. So this is a twenty three year old who just moved to LA and finds that none of his friends are interested at all in getting married. So what we know is that in rural areas people are much more likely culturally to marry earlier or have children earlier. But when you're in an urban center or the higher your education, the more people delay marriage. Now, what I'm concerned about is the way that Ian is probably concerned about too. The way you train for monogamy isn't through becoming a player right. Don't train through being really promiscuous. You train by being monogamous. Right. So that's the thing is that you've got to start off at least having a solid relationship and have a practice marriage if you will in that sense. Well, I see there's even a viewer here from Meta Yane, Columbia. Wow, so far away. Let me know where you guys are watching from. That's really cool to see. So, Ian, don't listen to your friends. Even though relationship habits are highly contagious among social groups, don't listen to your friends. If you want a girlfriend, you will find plenty of women who want exclusivity and a good, healthy relationship. So thank you for calling. I hope you listen to that.
Speaker 7: Ian.
Speaker 1: All right, who do we have next, Producer Kleb, We have Paul with the question, Paul, we got the guys calling today. Hi, Paul, it's doctor Wendy.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 3: I was just just got off of work and I was sitting in my car listening to you and you said there are some things that make people undtable, uh huh, which are really struck, really struck a chord with me, and I'm like, I've never heard that before. Oh, I'm curious of what you think that is because I'm single.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I can only tell you what my opinion of the things that made me undateable were when I had my first date with Julio, and they were that both my parents were dead at my age, so he might not have much time with me. That was the first thing. And the second that I still had a kid in the nest and she was going to be in the nest a while, and that is sort of for some men don't want to take on a single mother who still got a kid in the house. His if you ever watched our proposal on live radio, was that he experienced incarceration at a point of his life and so it was a very shameful thing and it was hard for him to tell the story. But Paul, everybody's got their thing that they feel shame about, and they think, does someone want to take this on? Because you see, we all have a kind of mate status, right, and it has to do with age and income and looks and education and all kinds of things. And there is somebody for everybody. But it's important that we understand where we land on the scale. And when I was on the dating apps and I would these guys were not answering the text quick enough, I'd be like, Okay, that's out of my league. Moving on, I want to get somebody who's a good match for me. So it's not like there's one thing that makes somebody undtable. It's what our culture perceives as shameful. And if people are shooting out of their league, does that help at all? I do? If that makes sense?
Speaker 2: I tried.
Speaker 1: All right, producer, Kayla, who do we have next?
Speaker 2: We have Jeremy with the question.
Speaker 1: Jeremy, Hi, Jeremy, it's doctor Wendy.
Speaker 8: Hello, doctor Wendy. How are you good?
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 8: So? My question is I've had a long stint of kind of a I'll just say it. I've had a bit of a crazy life in my twenties. I dropped out of college twice, and for about two years I lived on the streets, and then and then I moved back in with my parents. And now I'm sorry to actually get into the process of leaving and living on my own for the first time. So at iratulation nine, how yeah, I know, at age twenty nine, how do I explain having such a crazy backstory to a potential first date, like, how do I, how do I? How do I mix that in and without sounding like a complete trade wreck.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I don't think anybody's a train wreck, especially when they're growing and moving on and have accomplished the things that you seem to have accomplished in life. But here's the important thing is at the very beginning of dating, like on the first date, it's all fantasy, right, So this is not the time to trauma dump, is not the time to open up and bleed in front of somebody. It's going to be done as you're gaining their trust in the first few or four or five or six dates. Now, Julio and I were completely an anomaly because I asked that question on the first date. Tell me why you're undtable, right? But for other people, you know, there's shame involved. They're worried about judgment. And you know, I'm he found me to be quite open and compassionate, but for others it might take some time. So just bit by bit by bit, and also focus on the positive. Instead of saying I had this horrible time it was really hard, you might say something like I was forced to learn some really valuable lessons and I learned them experientially till I could get to the place that I'm at now. Thank you for calling Jeremy. All right, producer Kayla. Who else do we have there?
Speaker 2: Another fellow? We have Eduardo?
Speaker 1: This is the night for men. Hello, Eduardo, it's doctor Wendy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, doctor Wendy. Well, I'm about to get some money from my twenty year job at Blue Cross. I relocated from Chicago in twenty twenty three over here in Tampa, and I took Kyla. So I'm not somebody who's into social media. I actually been checking out e Harmony, but I think that's been invaded by AI. So I think, oh, I think all.
Speaker 1: The dating apps do use a little bit of AI and how they're especially with their algorithm.
Speaker 4: There no exception. Okay, what are your recommendations as far as meeting I'm in my early picties, by the way, meeting people outside the social media you.
Speaker 1: Mean outside of dating apps? Okay, so definitely you want to join groups, right, So there's not like it's not like you're going to be, you know, kind of creepy and walking up to people in the vegetable aisle and say how about those cucumbers? Right? Edward, Are you going to join whatever group interests you, whether whether it's volunteering in your community, whether it's getting involved politically, whether it's learning a new hobby or new skill. And try to pick a group that women might be attracted to, whether it's book groups, gardening groups, wine tasting groups, cooking classes, et cetera. I think you know because I was always saying to women, like women, if you're trying to meet men, what are you doing. Go into all those yoga classes. Go to a hockey game. They are all there, every one of them, right. Go take lessons at a driving range. They're standing there at the golf course. So ask yourself, where are the women? I have a fun one for you, Eduardo. I have gone on a number of breast cancer walks, and there are some smarty pants guys who go on those. Literally they're walking for two hours, talking to hundreds of women, all for a good cause, and all the women see is a wonderful, compassionate guy who's fit and walking. So I highly recommend, excuse me, that gentlemen go on breast cancer walks. Thanks for calling, Eduardo, All right, do we have somebody else or should I go to social media. Okay, let me go to the DMS if you would like to call the numbers one eight hundred five two zero one five three four. I do want to say to my Instagram viewers that you can't hear both sides of the conversation. I try to repeat the question if I can. But if you download the iHeartRadio app, search doctor Wendy Walsh or KFI, you will find it. Okay, Dear doctor Wendy, I have two questions. First is how do you deal with extremely toxic co workers that unfortunately will work the exact same shift and the managers do nothing. Oh, I'm sorry about that. That's question one. Question two. My hobby and I've been married for seventeen years. We built a life together, kid's house. We've been on and off in therapy, but I feel like we just don't get along and the only reason we stay together is because either of us cannot afford to go separate ways. It seems that the only time we communicate is to argue or disagree with each other. Okay, well, those are two big problems. Okay, it feels like these questions. By these two questions, do you have a lot of negative energy in your life, and I do want to say this gently and with love. Sometimes when we notice a lot of negative energy at home, et cetera, it sometimes could be projection is that we haven't done the work to feel happy inside ourselves and so therefore we're like, oh, those coworkers are toxic, My husband is awful, right, because we're projecting our awful feelings. I want to remind everybody out there that relationships don't make you happy, and the job of a relationship is not to make you happy. You know what relationships do? They make you whole, but happy people have happy relationships. Relationships are a gymnasium for your mind. You can't go to a gym and look at the equipment and hope you're going to get in shape. You got to get in there now. A friend who's a marriage and family therapist told me when am I asked her, so, what's the most common problem that couples present in therapy? You know what she said to me? She said, doesn't matter what it is, it never goes away. They only learn how to manage it. So my question to you is are you learning how to manage stuff? Have you learned how to have better communication skills? Because divorce doesn't teach you how to be a better mate. Divorce doesn't teach you how to find a better mate. Divorce teaches you that you can survive divorce and that your next marriage has a much higher chance of leading to divorce. Don't shoot the messenger. This is just what the statistics say. All right. When we come back, I'm going to continue to go to social media as well as take your calls. The numbers one eight hundred five two zero one five three four. That's one eight hundred five two zero one five three four. You are listening to the Doctor Wendy Walls Show on KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: AFI Am six forty. You have Doctor Wendy Walsh with you. I am taking your calls. Hey, producer, Kayla, who do we have on the line?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is she there? I see the line?
Speaker 2: Sorry, we have Mark with a question.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hi, market's doctor Wendy. Yeah, Hi, Hi, what's your question? Love?
Speaker 5: Well? I I just stopped dating for a while because I just got tired of all the all the drama and everything. But I don't know. It seems like when I dated before, I made a mistake of dating at work and then uh yeah I got over that. I figured out, Yeah, I better not do that anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, the dating at work is not the problem. It's the breaking up at work.
Speaker 10: Then you're still going to work with the person that and then other people can't mind their business because I always had other people interfering. It seemed like yeah, and trying trying to get in between you know, yeah, and you know and give advice, and most of them were didn't know what they were doing, so that was unwanted. And then but then in my I'm going back to a small town. I'm in California, but I'm moving back to the Midwest. And then in the city, it's like if you don't go out to the bars, you can't meet people. So and I don't want to just meet some alcoholic And then I went I went online a little bit, but there's not a lot of people online unless you go to a bigger area. But then I had trouble where I met these these attractive women and because I used to do some modeling, and then I met some girls I like girls that say in shape and then but most of them are real narcissists and they just care about like showing off And.
Speaker 1: What's your question? What's your question?
Speaker 5: How to meet like some decent women like church church still a good idea, or.
Speaker 1: If you're a believer, don't go and pretend to be a believer. I just think that you will meet quality people when you become a great mate and a quality person. You see, what happens is when we don't feel good about ourselves, we have lack of self confidence or whatever, we will go out unconsciously and we will find people who will reject us, or people who are narcissists or etc. And so it is often an inside job. Remember mark relationships don't make you happy, but happy people have happy relationships. I wish you luck. I think it's a great idea that you're taking a break because it's important to like practice him self care for a few months and then go back to it. And don't give up on those dating apps. They could really be helpful. All right, let me go to the dms on social media. By the way, if you'd like to send me a DM, My social everywhere is at d R Wendy Walsh at doctor Wendy Walsh h Dear docgher Wendy, I'm going on my third date with a guy who congratulations, he told me I could pick the place. Does this mean I have to pay as well? I'm not sure what the etiquette is, So here's my opinion on this. On a very first date, and I'm quantifying this to only heterosexual relationships. On a very first date. In a heterosexual relationship, if a man doesn't asking, a man should pay. After that, I think it's polite for women to offer to contribute. If men want to keep up the whole rust of I'm a big provider and I can take care of you, pretty, young lady, then let him say thank you for the offer, but no right by the third date. It's kind of interesting because he's saying, you pick the place, So I would actually just not pick a place that's over the top expensive and let him pay right because he wants to take you up and or maybe offer it's a contribute. That's what I usually say. So I used to say, may I contribute to this? And they say no, no, little lady, it's on me. You know the name I was trying to think of the comedian earlier, Ali Wong. Oh, I love that had a block And then Julio was listening to the show and he texted me it's Ali Wong with a bunch of exclamation.
Speaker 6: Marks that didn't come up on Google. So I'm happy I didn't give my answer I found because that was wrong.
Speaker 1: All right, Moving along, Dear doctor Wendy. I met a man and we really hit it off, but later I got the dick in the night. Should I not go on a first date with him? Okay, I'm really confused here. You met him, so it sounds like you've met him somewhere in the real world, hit it off, then later in the night, not with him, like on your own, you just stomach went. You know what, Listen to your stomach, girly. I'm a big believer that the gut is the second brain. And once you started to relax and you're falling asleep and you're like, it doesn't feel right. Yeah, don't go out with him. I'm just throwing that out there, all right, Dear doctor Wendy. I am a words of affirmation person. I expressed love fearlessly. My girlfriend expresses herself through action. Her actions say she loves me, but she never verbalizes it. I want words. I understand it isn't natural to her. Do I cope or do I talk to her? Okay, listen to me. You know why you love fearlessly? Do you know why you use all those words? I don't know exactly, but I will tell you this. There's a chance you have a little bit of an anxious attachment style. You think if I love them so much and I tell them and you know why, I can tell you this because I used to be that I would meet these guys, would fall in love, and I'd be like, I had the first one to go, I love you, I'm so lovey. I'm like, why doesn't he say he loves me? Because I was in love with longing? And you know how you create a loss, a feeling of loss so that you can be love with longing. You give too much too soon, and you gush and they're like, oh, that's old, too much, and they're kind of pushing away, and so then you get your model for love, which is I'm doing the chasing and they're not. You admit she loves with her actions. Then if okay, and I do want to say the whole love language is thing. It has been studied and try to be replicated and all that. It's not true. But more important than what love language do you speak? What love language do you hear? What do you understand? You clearly understand that she's expressing herself through her actions, and so that should be good enough for you. I think you're in love with Longing. I'm just gonna say that only because I was that way once. All right, are we near the end already?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Time flies when we're having fun. A producer Kayla, this went by in like five minutes tonight. I don't know why. When we come back, I want to talk about anxiety, and I'm a special therapist with us who's written a number of books about anxietnxiety, and she is going to help us all heal. You're listening to the Dror Wendy Wall Show on KFI AM six forty are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Dr Wendy Wall Show on KFI AM six forty, Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio App. I promised you a special guest who's going to cure all our worries, all our anxiety. She is local Los Angeles based, board certified clinical psychologist, doctor Jenny Yip. Thank you for being with us, Jenny.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much for having me here. Now. I don't know if I can cure anxiety. I can certainly give some helpful tips.
Speaker 1: But you have spent your life thinking about anxiety, writing many books about anxiety. Let's talk about what's going on in the world right now. I feel like we're in the age of anxiety. What's going on? Why is there so much anxiousness when actually, if you think about it, the world is actually safer, We have more affluence, but there's this worry. What is it coming from?
Speaker 7: I mean, if you think about it, we are so disconnected today than ever before. And you know, a lot of people we feel like we're connected through social media and so forth, except we really don't know how to speak with each other anymore. We don't really have meaningful connections. We really don't have a way to reach out, and especially the young folks because they grew up in this technology generation where their whole lives has been based on social media and YouTube and all of that disconnection is actually what's creating a lot of anxiety that we're experiencing today.
Speaker 1: Do I hear you singing my song that relationships are paramount to our mental health?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? I mean, if we look at all of the research that exists, your support system is the number one buffer to so many mental health needs. So, whether it's anxiety depression that builds your support for your overall health even physical health as well, we floss that because we're so disconnected today more than ever.
Speaker 1: Before, we need each other, We need closeness, we need intimacy. You know, this morning, my husband and I were out to brunch in a place that was very hip and very trendy, and we didn't know that we stumbled on trendy as what happened. And as we were sitting in this place and watching the hostess walking these people to their tables, young tattooed, dressed fashionably, and everyone had a strut like they were posing, like nobody was really connected. They almost looked like they were making a section of an Instagram video.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I mean think about it. How many times have you walked into a restaurant and you see a family or a bunch of friends sitting together except everyone has their heads into their phones or you have these you know families that are having dinner and kids are on their iPads, and yes, while they you might have a nicer dinner without your kids throwing forks at each other? How connected and meaningful is that dinner going to be? So, you know, we're just all just disconnected, is the best way to describe it. So, if we're all so disconnected, we don't have the social support, or the family support, or the tension that we crave as human beings, then how are we to feel confident in ourselves? How are we able to meet the challenges in life where once upon a time we relied on each other?
Speaker 1: So we pose and we can pretend confidence. Now, there are lots of different kinds of anxiety, or shall we say anxiety shows up in different ways, right, Some people have obsessive, compulsive, repetitive behaviors to try to am I correct in sing to try to quell that anxiety. Others, Sadly, my students are always interested when I teach intro to psychologists too. They're always interested to hear about body harming anxiety. Right, the pickers, the hair polars, the nail biters, the cutters and people that are. But what is the most common display of anxiety that you see in your practice?
Speaker 7: Well, my practice at the Renewed Freedom Center, we work mostly with obsessive compulsive disorders and related anxiety, and that means that it could come across social anxiety, which we see so much today, especially in our young young adults as well as adolescents, or separation anxiety and kids because they feel like they need mommy and daddy or they won't survive without mommy and daddy.
Speaker 1: Well, they're also missing the entire tribe that we used to have generation to go and mommy and daddy is all they got.
Speaker 7: Yes, exactly, So there's that lack of confidence in themselves. But I think at the culprit of all anxiety disorders, it's a lack of confidence, a lack of confidence to deal with life's challenges, a feeling of uncertainty of not knowing how, when, where, whom, what, and you then just feel stuck. And of course when we're in that fight or flight fear mode, most of us are just going to go into avoidance. Unfortunately, when we are avoiding, whether we're avoiding social interactions or we're avoiding being out without mommy and daddy, or we're avoiding no contamination. As an OCD, it doesn't give us the corrective experience to tolerate whatever the triggers are, to our discomfort level, to our fear, to our avoidances, and therefore it's only going to reinforce our fears.
Speaker 1: Right, we need a little exposure. And so you yourself have suffered from anxiety in the past, is one of the reasons I understand you got into this end of the business.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I experienced OCD from the age of four. In fact, it's actually it's actually quite common in my family. My dad had OCD, his mother had OCD.
Speaker 1: There is a genetic piece, absolutely absolutely no.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, like what we're discovering with a lot of mental health conditions, there's a genetic component into it. However, just because you have the genetic predisposition doesn't necessarily mean that the genes will turn on, right. You also need environmental experiences to either support or correct those genes.
Speaker 1: So in my.
Speaker 7: Situation, my environmental experiences supported the genes.
Speaker 1: To turn on.
Speaker 7: So I experienced OCD since age four, and unfortunately, back in the seventies and eighties, nobody knew what was wrong with me, right, And it wasn't until I was in college that one of my professors pointed out to me that I might have OCD because I was writing and rewriting and rewriting so that I could have it be perfect.
Speaker 1: Right. Oh, those students who make their papers so perfect, they are a joy. But you do wonder. Oh, yes, yes, it's so funny because I always say it's always the A plus students who want the private meeting with me to find out how they can get it right.
Speaker 7: And that's the academic anxiety.
Speaker 1: I right, the C student need to come to my office. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So you have.
Speaker 1: Developed a specific way of treating anxiety. And I want to give our listeners some news they can use when we come back. Can you hang on for another segment?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: All right. My guest is doctor Jenny Yip Yep, just like it sounds yip. She's a Board certified clinical psychologist. You're listening to the Doctor wendywall Show on KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty Welcome back.
Speaker 1: To the calm stretch of the Doctor Wendywall Show on k I am six forty. My guest doctor Jenny Yip is a Board certified clinical psychologist, an author, a speaker who has written a lot about anxiety. I would be remiss if I did not mention your latest book called Hello Baby, Goodbye, Intrusive thoughts how moms can stop the spiral of anxiety and OCD to be well during motherhood.
Speaker 7: Yes, that is love, the labor of love that I have devoted the last few years of my life too.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you a funny story during my two pregnancies. Well, I learned with the first one. Anytime I read about and like I was reading all the biology books and all the symptoms and all the things that could happen to you, if I read about it, I got it. It was guaranteed. So I stopped reading about all the things that could happen during pregnancy. But let's talk specifically about the way that you treat anxiety. And you talk about something called the strategic family boundaries model. What is that?
Speaker 7: Well, we all need boundaries in our lives, and a lot of problems in our family relationships are creative because we don't have healthy boundaries. And if we're thinking about anxiety per se, you know, as a parent or as a loved one, you can either be supporting your loved one or enabling the unhealthy behaviors.
Speaker 1: So this is where.
Speaker 7: Boundaries come into play and boundaries. I know, it's so overdone and so oversaid. However, many people don't consider the different types of boundaries that exists. So not only are we talking about physical boundaries, we're talking about emotional boundaries. We're talking about mental boundaries, We're talking about logistical boundaries. And when we think about boundaries, it's not just boundaries with other people, it's also boundaries with ourselves. How do we relate to ourselves? Do we live our lives according to the values that that aligns with our lives, and then are we intentionally setting those boundaries to reinforce those values so that we can live meaningfully, We can engage meaningfully, we can have dialogues and interactions with our families and loved ones in a meaningful way. And in order to do that, we have to be very aware and conscientious of what our values are and what are the boundaries that are necessary to protect those values in our relationships.
Speaker 1: So are you seeing that there are too many families in America that are too enmeshed? Oh my, really, nobody can remember whose problem is who?
Speaker 7: Oh? Yes, exactly. And this book that I wrote was specifically tailored for new moms because as a new mom, we feel like we have to live up to societal expectations to be this superhero mom, and then we let all of what we hear and see and read basically harass us. And these are the mental boundaries that we're not establishing.
Speaker 1: I will say, there are a lot of people in our world that pathologize motherhood, and we are criticized at every corner trying to be a good parent.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean, even if we're thinking about Freud, Freud initially said, OHCD was because of anal retentive mother. I mean, come on, right, I mean, where can we not be blamed for all that happens in the world.
Speaker 2: So to have.
Speaker 7: Well meaning motherhood wellness, you have to know what your roles are, what your expectations are, or not just of yourself, of other people as well of your family members. And to protect your wellness as well as your family's wellness, you have to be able to role model healthy boundaries.
Speaker 1: So are you saying that largely the I'll use my own word, an epidemic of anxiety that we're seeing is partly because people aren't allowed emotional autonomy to have their own feelings. They're supposed to have the feelings of the other family members.
Speaker 7: Well, no, people are allowed. They just don't know that.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to.
Speaker 7: Have your own emotions right, without influence from anyone, especially social media. We're going back to social media again, and you have to also allow your family members and your loved ones to have their own emotional experiences without your influence. I mean that's where boundaries lie, right. It's your respect and your ability to tolerate and honor other people's emotions and expecting other people to honor and respect your emotions.
Speaker 1: We're also not responsible for other people's emmissions, like we don't make people feel you know. My favorite line I use with friends who will say, well, when they have weak boundaries, they're like, well, I can't say no, you know, I gotta go because I don't want to hurt their feelings. And I'll say, you know what, sometimes they need to get the gift of pain. Absolutely, yes, A little gift of pain, like I'm sorry, I can't, I'm overextended. I have to say no.
Speaker 7: Yes, especially with children, right, I think as parents we do too much to protecting our children's so that they can feel happy all the time. Except that's not realistic. In life. Life comes with challenges, and it's important for children to experience a little bit of disappointment, a little bit of discomfort, a little bit of pain, because then they learn how to deal with it when they become adults, and it builds their resiliency to be able to manage real life's challenges. Because one day, the truth is, and I tell every mother that I work with this same thing, You're going to die, oh man, and.
Speaker 1: They have to live without yes, exactly.
Speaker 7: And when you do die, hopefully not anytime soon. Are your children ready to be on their own? Will they have the skills to manage the challenges that naturally come with life or will they be completely lost and uh not have the confidence to deal with it?
Speaker 1: And plenty of them in their late twenties and even thirties are moving back yet oh oh yes. So this is a serious thing that gets expensive. It really cuts into the retirement folks. Just want to say, Jenny, it's a pleasure to meet you. I want to remind everybody they can find the book anywhere, I'm sure, but google it. Hello baby, it's called Goodbye Intrusive Thoughts, Stop the Spiral of Anxiety and OCD to reclaim wellness on your motherhood journey. But you have many other books on anxiety that people can get no matter what stage of life, Doctor Jenny Yip, Google Heart.
Speaker 5: Do you have a.
Speaker 7: Website, doctor Jenny Dear It's doctor yip dot com. Doctor.
Speaker 1: How much easier could it be? Doctor Yip? If you suffer from anxiety, don't wait any longer. Okay, get help, whether it's doctor Jenny, whether it's another licensed clinical therapist. You owe it to yourself to release yourself from the pain you're experiencing. Thank you for being with us. So happy to be here, Thank you. Thank you to my listeners. It's twenty twenty five, right, okay, damp January, dry January. You figure it out.
Speaker 7: Okay, you know you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm here every Sunday for you from seven to nine pm. Thanks so much for being with us. You've been listening to the Doctor Wendy Walls Show on KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. See you next week. You've been listening to Doctor Wendy Walls. You can always hear us live on KFI Am six forty from seven to nine pm on Sunday and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app