Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBS Boston's Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, well, look, all of us know that breakups are tough. Breakups are tough people who have gone through either a divorce or they have gone through a a friendship, whether it's a you know, a friendship with someone that that involves romance or a friendship that is simply one based on friendship, and all of a sudden you find out that that other person was not the person you expected. Well, we see that going on in Washington right now, and we know that President Trump has been pretty clear that something happened between President Trump and Elon Musk in the last few days because just the week of go so they seem to be bff's for life. But that doesn't seem to be the situation. Now, let's let me start with a comment the President made. Now there's been a lot of comments made on Twitter or you know, different you know, different websites, But this is the President yesterday speaking about his friendship and how stundy is that that it has all seemed to have dissipated within the last few days. This is cut number one. Please, Rob, I've always.
Speaker 3: Liked Elon and it's a very surprised. You saw the words he had for me, the words and as I said, anything about me that's bad. I'd rather have him criticized me than the bill, because the bill is incredible. It's the biggest cut in the history of our country. We've never cut It's about one point six trillion and cuts. It's the biggest tax cut. Uh tax You would say, uh, people, people's taxes will go way down, but it's the biggest tax cut in history.
Speaker 2: It's we have.
Speaker 3: We are doing things in that bill that are unbelievable. And when you look at what we're doing for small businesses, for people, for middle income people, all of the things that we're doing, nobody has ever seen.
Speaker 2: Anything like it. I think the President likes his big, beautiful bill. I think there's no question about it. He's he's not having any any second second doubts about the bill. But obviously Elon Musk did, and and Musk said, we don't have as much sound of Elon Musk. He calls the bill a disgusting abomination. So it appears that this, this this breakup, this this romance that has ended, revolves around uh A view of the bill. Now, I don't know if Elon Musk has just read the bill recently or didn't realize there was in it. Now the President implied, did a little bit more actually than implied that maybe Elon had a reason now that again, I think Elon should have known what was in the bill. This has cut number one a rob please.
Speaker 3: And you know Elon's upset because we took the ev mandate and you know, which was a lot of money for electric vehicles and you know, they having a hard time the electric vehicles, and they want us to pay billions of dollars in subsidy. And you know, I Elon knew this from the beginning. He knew it for a long time ago. That's been in there, that's been I would say, JD. That hasn't changed. That's been right for the beginning. Mister I think, mister Secretary, that hasn't changed it right from the beginning.
Speaker 2: But I know that it dissurved him. He wanted and rightfully, you know he So that might be one cause it's got even nastier. Yesterday, Elon Musk sent out a tweet that talked about the fact that maybe President Trump somehow is going to get mixed up in the Jeffrey Epstein investigation, and he said that there's some items that have not been released. So this is a this is a bitter breakup, folks. There's just no way to describe it. This is not two star cross lovers deciding that it was better that they would go, you know, their separate ways, and and and everybody thinking well of the other person, and no blame going back and forth. But there's a lot of blame going back and forth here in both directions, that's for sure. And they did the media was reporting I think accurately that had kind of cooled down a little bit today, but I think it could. I think it could happen. It could fire back up at any time. My question is going to be pretty simple, Okay, I don't want to over complicate this. This this seemed to be a match made in heaven. Uh. Donald Trump got a lot of support financially from in the campaign from Elon Musk. He says he didn't need that to win. He said that he he would have won anyway. Elon Musk is convinced that without his financial support, Uh, it would be President Harris and not not President Trump. And we'll never know. They have each they've dug their heels in. So I want to open it up and give you an opportunity. Who do you blame here, Elon Musk or President Trump six one, seven, two, five four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty Uh and if you if you felt all along that this was destined not to last. I mean, as a matter of fact, it's just to show apparently how how hurt President Trump is on this.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: He is a inherently said and sources close to him have said that that beautiful new Tesla that he purchased I think at full price from from from Tesla from Elon Musk back in March is now he's either gonna give it away or sell it now again, A seventy thousand dollars investment for President Trump is not a lot of money, let's be let's be honest. But it's still it's a nice car. But he's disassociating himself not only from Elon Musk, now from the Tesla automobile. So there is some underlying bitterness here. This is this is this is a story that that the the final paragraphs have not been written, and maybe you can fill some of those in for US tonight or night's side. It's a Friday night. Let's have a little bit fun with this. Six one seven, six one, seven, nine three one ten thirty. Look, it was just last week, I think, or even earlier this week, that the President gave Elon Musk a golden key to the White House. There aren't many golden keys to the White House, and Elon, I assume, hasn't given that key back. This I'd love to hear from you, whether you are set about this or you're delighted by it. Six months seven two five four to ten thirty six months seven nine three one ten thirty. I also do want to mention a news story that has broken in the last well last two or three hours. The Maryland man described as Maryland man, you've heard him, kilmar Abrego Garcia is now back in the US. Not under the circumstances that he or his supporters had hoped for. He's back here on the US under indictment on human smuggling charges. And we have some sound which we will play a little bit later on in this hour from the Attorney General UH Pam Bondi, who announced not only his return but also UH this indictment. So Uh, you know, anywhere would be better than being in that Seacard prison. I'm sure nol Salvador, but uh, this this is a very interesting twist, uh in a story that well in March dominated the news. It was on at least ABC and NBC tonight, not the lead story, but prominently displayed. We'll be back on nightside. Phone calls coming up on the other on the other side of the break.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we are going to go to the phones. We're talking initially this hour about the breakup between President Trump and his what what appeared to be his BFF for life, Elon Musk. Let me go to Tom and Brock and see what Tom has to think about this. This uh, this situation. Tom, you were next on Nights First is tonight? Go right ahead, Tom.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I understand the perspective of raising the debt settling by five trillion dollars. That's totally irresponsible. And I also understand that there's reconciliation that if it goes back, that's not going to work out the Trump's favor. I understand that, But Elon Russ Musk reminds me of the average voter in many districts in this country that my congressman's great because he brings home the bacon. It's everybody else's congressman that sucks. Okay that you know, I hate to use the Boston accent that way, but I heard that.
Speaker 2: Just an accent that bothered me. By the way ahead, go ahead, Tom.
Speaker 5: All right, but yeah, you know what I'm saying that. You know, we had this discussion thirty years ago during Bill Clinton's first administration, and you know, I will give credit. I don't think Bill Clinton was a great present, but I will give him credit for raising taxes back then, which hurt, which actually hurt blue collar guys like me. However, when the Republicans took over in ninety four, there were massive cuts all throughout the federal government. And during the Clinton administration we had budget surpluses and we have not had them since he was in office. And I have to be honest. Now as far as the broman.
Speaker 2: You're not only being honest, but you're being accurate as well, which is even more important.
Speaker 5: Yes, Now, as far as the bromance, Okay, Elon Musk is coming off like a spoiled brat. You know, I'm not against electric cars, I'm not against stolar energy or wind energy, but it is hugely subsidized. And if it's if it's that great, if it's that great, then why isn't it working where people can just go out and buy solar panels for their roofs along with an inverter. And it's true, you know, without any kind of government, state or federal subsidies, that it's actually going to save them money with the initial investment. And that is just not the case. And I don't want someone to pee on my leg and tell me it's raining, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I think, Tom, you know, you've been very clear. You've spoken for two and a half minutes, and you have I think summarized the Trump situation perfectly. So I don't know if you want to add anything else but excluded me.
Speaker 5: The Republicans. The Republicans need to pass this budget. They need to pass his agenda, Okay, And hopefully, and this is the crap shoot, Hopefully the economy booms under Trump's tax cuts as well as cuts the businesses and deregulation, and we get more revenue coming into the federal coffers than we've ever had before. But if it's the old you know, Walter Mondale, tax the rich and give to the poor, that's not gonna work anymore. Anyway, take care of da.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you soon, Thank you very much. Let me go to Dave in Wareham down on the Cape. Dave, welcome next to nightside.
Speaker 6: Oh, good evening, Dan.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I hope you are as well. What's your taking all of this, Dave?
Speaker 6: Go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Well, I thought last time I talked to you, it was the time where the train station the goggle thing came down and people were stuck in the middle something they just man, and I was.
Speaker 5: Saying, just plow through it, my good and you were.
Speaker 6: Saying, hey, all right, David, I can a guy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, welcome back. What's your thought on this? Okay?
Speaker 5: My thought on this is I'm gonna just all this at you and go to bed.
Speaker 2: Go to bed after midnight, Dave, I want you to yeah, I know, go ahead, all right, Well we have some good exchange here. I want to head you get to the meat of the manor go for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, here comes the meat, all right, And and I'm gonna believe this, you know, and sure we got everything going this that you know, Musk, Musk and Trump very very intelligent people, okay. And what is happening really is is something we're missing, Hi, we're forgetting. Everybody's after that car. They're trying to destroy that car, all right. So Musk and Trump must have got together and talked and said, we got to put on a charade.
Speaker 8: This is a charade.
Speaker 5: Okay, I gotta say that you hate me.
Speaker 2: And I hate expect David's a little bit more of a of a charade. Must let me just give me a second, give me a little oxygen here, Okay, uh? When when must that's talking about Trump being involved in some form or fashion with the the the Epstein situation. That's a little more charade in my opinion. But that's okay, I'm not I'm not trying to dispute you. I'm just telling you that that that that's that's pretty nasty stuff. If it's whether it's if it's true or not the way right.
Speaker 5: But that's all that's already been out there, so they might they want to use that and anything that he can come up with to protect that car, all right, And that business so he has to step out. He has to step out and let Trump do.
Speaker 6: What he's gonna do.
Speaker 5: And I think they did this together, and I think.
Speaker 2: You know that's that's the point of view.
Speaker 5: I think it's does anybody else said that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, A couple of people mentioned that last night. We talked. We touched on this briefly last night, and there were a couple of people. There was one fellow who was a solid strong Trump supporter. I'd be interested. Are you a big Trump guy or are you ambivalent on on Trump?
Speaker 5: I love them more than like itself.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I identified that person who I hope you love more than life itself would be your wife and your kids. But we'll let that go up another day. Trump were to leave tomorrow, you'd still have JD. Van's Okay, just think of.
Speaker 5: Even though you're on that subject, and it's ridiculous all you got friends and wife and that families are in big trouble it just because one Likee's Trump, and it's terrible. You probably do too.
Speaker 2: Family I think has different. There are some families that are unanimous one way or the other.
Speaker 5: But I think really and it goes to hate too.
Speaker 2: So hey, you know the Hopefully it never gets to that. Hopefully it can be strong disagreements, but never Hey, hey Dave, thanks very much. You're a good sport. Appreciate your calling. We'll talk again, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 7: Thanks to you.
Speaker 2: You've got one line at six one seven, two five four ten thirty. I got one line at six one seven nine three ten thirty. What I'm looking for is essentially your belief who's right who's wrong here. I know there are people out there who think this is a charade. I don't think it's a charade. When allegations are made that by Elon Musk that former well President Trump in his prior existence was involved with the the Epstein stuff, which is I mean, that's and he's saying that the What what Musk said was that the Epstein material, not all of it has been released, because some of it, according to Musque, implicates President Trump. I think that would be that's that's a body blow. That's a tough one. Now again, whether it's true or not, we don't know. But for Musk to go there, either he must know something and how he would know what God only knows, or he's just throwing a bomb with nothing to back it up, which is reprehensible if it's not true. Back on Nightside, we got the news and then we'll be back and if you want to weigh in on the indictment of that Marilyn Man who was sent by mistake to the Seact prison in Al Salvador. We do have some comments that we made late today by the US Attorney General, Pam BONDI coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we're talking about the romance between Donald or the former romance between Donald Trump and Elon Musk. I also want to make sure that you were aware of the fact that there has been an indictment. Now the Maryland man kill. Mar Abrego Garcia is now back in the United States. He's been indicted on human rights smuggling charges, and so he's back here, back on US soil, but not the way in which I'm sure he or his supporters would have wanted it to have to have happened. And we have this is a quick SoundBite just to give you an opportunity if you want to. We're going to weigh in on that because we have a guest scheduled at ten o'clock and we will we will finish this hour talking about the the Trump breakup of the Trump Musk Romance. This is Attorney General Pam Bondi announcing the return of Abrego Garcia as well as his the indictment that the two count indictment he is now facing cut cut a rub.
Speaker 9: A Brego Garcia has landed in the United States to face justice. On May twenty first, a grand jury in the Middle District of Tennessee returned to sealed indictment charging a Brego Garcia with alien smuggling and conspiracy to commit alien smuggling in violation of Title eight USC. Thirteen twenty four. We want to thank President Buchlea for agreeing to return a Breako Garcia to the United States. Our government presented El Salvador with an arrest warrant and they agreed to return him to our country. We're grateful to President Buchlea for agreeing to return him to our country to face these very serious charges. This is what American justice looks like. Upon completion of his sentence, we anticipate he will be returned to his home country of El Salvador.
Speaker 2: Then assumes, indeed, that he is convicted so again you can comment to that or the Trump Musk breakup. Let's get to Tim in Wilburn. Tim, you got a couple of opportunities here, which which both would you like to comment on?
Speaker 6: Oh damn, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, Tim, go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Anyhow, interesting I called a couple of nights ago and I mentioned about Trump and uh, the other guy, and I said, I think, I said, I think the romance is over.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, you must have known something, because I agree with you now. I think it's definitely over. I think it's what call. It's an irreconcilable split. I don't think there's any goal back at this point.
Speaker 6: And you said, you said tonight a little while ago, the divorce is final. I thought that was funny. Now, when I think right like, who's at fault? I think the parties. I think the both it's the both of them.
Speaker 2: That's often the case in real life when when a couple decides to get divorced, generally there's a there's some responsibility to go around. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, yeah, I say it's the both of them. The parties over for the both of them have had a good time, but you know they're yelling at each other, and I think it's sort of funny.
Speaker 2: And uh well, mus has to go back to take care of the Tesler Automobile Company and all of that, and Donald Trump has to take care of the the remaining three and three quarter years or so of his administration. So yeah, they they both are busy guys. They both have a lot to do. That's that's for sure.
Speaker 6: Let me say this. Let me say this about Trump, and a lot of people don't like it. He's a businessman, there's.
Speaker 2: No question about that. But Musk is as well. By the way, Uh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they both.
Speaker 6: He's the richest man in the world, isn't he.
Speaker 2: I believe that's what has said. How that's calculated is always interesting to me. But yeah, no, he absolutely is reportedly the richest person in the.
Speaker 6: World, if not one of them. But anyhow, I won't keep you on the phone. Uh what the heck? The divorce is final. That's funny.
Speaker 2: You have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Okay, good talking and thank you all right, thanks much.
Speaker 2: We'll talk talk to Thanks. Thanks appreciate it. Let's keep rolling here. We're going to go next to Glenn in Brighton. Glenn, you were next night side let me pull you up on the screen. Here, you're up. You're up, Glen the Redhead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree with Tom about Elon acting like a spoiled brad. I I wish Trump couldsume him for slander. Would be deprivation of his character. I mean, if Trump were a pedophile, which what that implies. The mainstream media, which hates Trump's guest, that would have been a long time ago, well known. Someone would have brought that out, you know the effect.
Speaker 2: But if, if, if it is made up out of whole cloth, I don't think that Musk does himself any favor. No other pressure we done bringing it up. I mean if if, if this is a disagreement over things such as so you know, financial subsidies for EV cars, as the President says it is, then I think that Musk, if he really believed that, he should take the President on and just say, hey, look, EV cars are important to my business, but they're more important to the climate and more important to the to the country as a whole. I think there's a there's a way to debate on that issue, but I think to bring in Jeffrey Epstein's that's what sort sorted reputation. Uh, again, I'm I think it should have been beneath everybody. I mean, I would think that if there was some substance to it, we would have known about it, hopefully before before. Now let's put it like that. But who knows. Nothing surprises me. So you're you're on the President's side, I.
Speaker 7: Assume, yes, fair and I've lost always, but I used her up until today. I had as much respect for Ewon as I did for Trump, but I don't anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, did you have the respect for Elon before he threw his lot in with President Trump? Last suthing?
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, fair enough. That's good because he's a free speech person. I mean he wanted to he didn't want conservatives centered on you know, the Internet.
Speaker 2: And yeah, okay, no, that's that's fine. I appreciate it. Glenn, have a great weekend, stay stay cool.
Speaker 7: Okay, what about eleven o'clock?
Speaker 2: Everybody has the hall past at eleven o'clock? You know that, Glenn?
Speaker 7: Not all right?
Speaker 2: All right, taught to you soon, good night? All right? Let me go next to Tony in New Hampshire. Tony, you were next all nights. I go right ahead. We're talking about the Trump musk breakup or the indictment of the Maryland man who had been sent to El Salvador and who's back in America tonight.
Speaker 4: I'm going with the romance breakup. This is just my thought process on it.
Speaker 10: And thank you for letting me speak.
Speaker 2: Thank thank you for calling in. Everybody can call, everybody could speak on this show, and so thank you. Have you called in before. This is your first time.
Speaker 4: Calling, uh, second time calling, but I appreciate that. I thank you so much. I just wanted to tell you quickly that what I believe is, I believe that President Trump and Musk had a pretty great alliance going for quite some time and probably many closed door meetings or you know, outings or whatnot, or little secret meetings about what they're going to do behind the scenes to profit the most off of one another. However, they could work it out. And what happened is they had a meeting, Musk misspoke about something or kept doubling down, and then there were major issues flying between them like kids in a sandbox. And you know, Musk just must have went over the top and said, hey, he's not able to follow through on what you know, I promise for him, and you know, I'm not going to be able to send him any further, but I gave him potentially the presidency, and I think just there that might be the process behind it. I really am not a big fan of either one of them. It doesn't mean that I don't appreciate some of the political stances. Like I do believe, like in immigration, you know, I believe that you should be here legally, you know, you should have to earn it.
Speaker 2: That's my position. I'm a huge supporter of immigration. But I just like, if you have a party in your backyard or at your home, you want to know who is who's coming and who they are. And even if even if someone brings an uninvited guest, you don't let that person roam around your house. You want to be introduced to them and told, oh, yes, this is my cousin's he's in here for the weekend. He lives in Los Angeles or whatever, and I thought it would be okay to bring him. And of course, but nobody wants to draw the distinction between legal immigration and illegal immigration.
Speaker 10: You know, could I speak to the did I speak to the Epstein thing? I mean, just my thought processes is could not be a part of that. I mean, we're talking about elitists that were being framed by an undercover operation. The operative is Epstein. You know, they're trying to like get so many things on tape and get some underage things going on and whatnot. I mean, who says that there aren't a ton of leaders throughout the world and a time of hierarchy that isn't involved in that situation. And all President Trump would have to say is, hey, you know I'm president, and please don't share that information and never let it go and like lawyer it up so much that it gets covered. I'm not saying that it could not be a possibility. I'm just saying is and maybe Musk is on it, maybe there's others, maybe there's just my thought is that I tend to believe that he could potentially have some issue, and you know, it could be a correct notion from Musk on that end, but I think there's many others that are involved too, you know what I mean, maybe they were told, hey, these folks are eighteen and over, but you know what they're not, because.
Speaker 2: At that point you're getting into the issues of criminality and a potential try I just think that no one in their right mind wants to be associated with something like that. And I would think that anybody who had political aspirations at the level that Donald Trump and others had such aspirations, you know, you don't you don't know where the truth is. And obviously, if they said, gave us a list of twenty people who you and I had never heard of, you'd say, oh, that's you. You'd yawn and say what else does do? But when you not put names on the list of you know, former political leaders of Democrat and Republican Party, it sort of sparks interest in it, that's for sure. So I I I would have to see it before you know, I don't want to believe worst about people just upon some statement of somebody who has just had a had an ugly split with someone, whether it's uh, you know, a spouse, or whether it's someone who's who's a partner in business or someone who is a partner in politics. As the as these two were simple.
Speaker 4: As that agreed, can I can I say one more thing to click is you know what was with taxes and whatnot? And with a lot of the politicians, they know this too. And Trump did do one great thing that you know, he pulled over Hillary, which is excellent because Hillary took part in all their comrades as well. Is that you know, when you have lost carryover from losses, right, you can put that over a span of twenty five years or whatever the term may be, or even shorter period of time to be able to cancel off what you owe to oh zero. So all these folks are doing that, So I give him.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a legitimate that is an absolutely right, legitimate U provision in the tax code. You know, you upset losses against gains and there is uh right, yeah, and people hire lawyers to make sure it's done properly. All that, there's there's no question about that. And and different uh people, political people could argue, well, that guy or that woman hadn't paid any taxes. Well, the question is not whether they paid any taxes or how much taxes, but did they avoid taxes legally or illegally. That's that's what.
Speaker 4: You gotta shared across many spectrums, many realms, political parties, you know, you name it. You know, so thank you for letting me talk tonight. I appreciate that, and I'll definitely call it and I appreciate listening to you as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we're we're always looking for new callers. We love our traditional regular callers, but we're always looking for new callers, and and please call call more oft an Tony. I appreciate it, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: All right, have a good night, Thank you too.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got some lines open, which of course is always troubling. If you like to weigh in, this is the case of the Maryland man. I think is quite interesting because this is a guy who had a US senator come and visit him, had members of Congress come down and visit him, became a real cause celeb, and a judge ordered that he be returned to the United States. He has been returned to the United States. That's what the Attorney General, Pam Bondi announced tonight. He was indicted two weeks ago by a grand jury out of Tennessee of federal grand jury out of Tennessee essentially on human smuggling charges and if and again innocent and too a proof of guilty. But if the allegations are proven in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt, or if this gentleman decides that with his lawyers they want to plead guilty to this. It's going to certainly make all of those members of Congress who decided to fly to El Salvador look pretty stupid in my opinion, Craven, Actually, it would be a better word that they were using this individual for their own political advantages, and now this is going to come back potentially and really bite them significantly. So weigh in on that, or you can weigh in on the breakup of Donald Trump and Elon Musk. At ten o'clock, I'm delighted to tell you we'll be talking with an author name is Jeff Convits. He wrote a major bestseller back several years ago, sold six million copies, which is a lot of books to sell, called The Sentinel. He now has written a book called Circus of Satan, which is a historical novel. We tend not to generally have novelists on, but we make exception for historical novelists because this is going to trace the ethics, the morality, the judgment, the revenge of a lot of ethnic gangs in America over time, Jewish gangs, Irish gangs, and Italian gangs. That's after ten. If you want to venture a thought on Elon Musk. The breakup between Elon Musk and President Trump. Dial right now six one seven, two, five four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. And if you want to weigh in on the return, not the return that probably many people expected, but the return of a Maryland man. Kilmar Abrego Garcia is now back on US soil. He is out of the Salvador in prison, but he may he is now facing prison time in the United States. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Ray Boston's news Radiolright.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling here. My next caller is Laurie in Providence, Rhode Island. Laurie, you were next on Nightside. Welcome, Hi, Why Laurie.
Speaker 7: Welcome?
Speaker 6: I've never called before, so.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I listened every single day, especially if it's something that fascinates me how people feel about certain things. But I just had to weigh in on this Donald Trump thing, Elon Musk thing. It amazes me how naive people are. Do we really feel like these guys went from friend to enemy in zero point four seconds like a testler Or No, No, they didn't. They're still friends and they absolutely doing what's best for each of them, his time was up.
Speaker 6: He did what he had to do.
Speaker 11: That ball's rolling. And now Donald Trump, who was a very caring person in my opinion, he really cares about people he likes and he needs this guy to have people like him again. So what's the best way to get people on the other side like Elon Musky again? And they're all eating it right up? Oh so great, Now let's go buy a Tesla again. You know, like, oh yeah, you're not the only.
Speaker 2: Laurie, You're not the only person who has expressed that viewpoint in the last couple of nights in the show. But I got to be honest with you. I gotta be honest with you. I'm on the other side of this argument. I think that with Donald Trump, a lot of his so quote unquote, amusing air quotes now friendships was called transactional, meaning he went through a lot of people in the first administration.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, I heard the yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think he will go through others. And I think that they got to a point here where maybe maybe Musk who was saying that he was going to find a trillion dollars worth of wasted government. So far, they've only identified about one hundred not that it's only but one hundred and seventy five billion. Maybe that's a little bit of a burr under President Trump's saddle. I just think, I I think that this is an honest separation, And why if it wasn't, why would Musk throw the the Jeffrey Epstein Epstein allegation out there?
Speaker 6: I mean, that's that's amazing because that allegation, that allegation is old. I mean, that's not even gonna that's not.
Speaker 11: Gonna carry any weight because we all know there were pictures with we know, we know there are pictures of Milania and Donald with him down coming through Mono.
Speaker 6: Lago or whatever.
Speaker 11: Plus they're all gonna Pruss pass for you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the implication was more than I think I think the implication. I just think the implication was more than oh, they they met at a couple of fundraisers. That's my thought. I don't know, look at his Laurie, let's see what happens. I could be totally wrong on this. I just look at this as another transactual relationship that Donald Trump has gotten out of it. Everything that he feels he could and maybe must at this point has become a liability. We'll see what happens. Let's see where we are six months from now. Let's see where we are six weeks from now. Thank you for calling. This is your first time calling. I hope you continue to call and become a more regular caller. I thank you so much. Appreciate it very much, me.
Speaker 11: Talking and thank you.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I have a good night, you too, have a great weekend. Stay cool, all right, we're done. For those of you who are now on the line, You're just a little too late because we have a guest coming up and we will be changing topics right after the ten o'clock news. So I just wish, folks, you would realize that when you call, we tend to do this program in our blocks. Sometimes we do go over. But when I have a guest coming up at ten o'clock, I've walked into the guest and we have a great guest coming up. I think you'll enjoy a he's an attorney, he's an author, he's written some very successful books. And we're going to talk when the when the news is over with Jeff convicts. Uh, it's going to be a very interesting guest. We'll be back on Nightside right after this