Speaker 1: We have coming up this weekend something very very very very very very fun, very very festive, and that is Chris Kindle Market. And we also have with us yere Mary, Lynn, ma'am and friends from Okam. How you doing today? Great?
Speaker 2: Tom? How are you?
Speaker 1: You're always great?
Speaker 2: Well, you got to be great. It's up to each of us individually what our state of mind is, right.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that I'm on top of the world, because you know what, We've got beautiful ladies and beautiful items on display here.
Speaker 2: Too, we do. We have Chris Kindle Market coming up. Yeah, it's this weekend, November ninth and tenth, Saturday and Sunday eleven to seven, eleven to five, respectively. On each day come out to Hilton Garden in and see us. We have shopping, we have amazing food, we have amazing kids activities, crafts, we have story time. We have a bunch of youth performers that will be entertaining us that we're really excited about. You cannot go wrong, and I think, knock on wood, we're going to get some good weather and little if you right now, but it looks like in the afternoon it clears up. Sunday is going to be beautiful. And I did bring a special friend of Oakham Music with me today. Her name is Amy Butcher.
Speaker 1: Hi, Amy, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Thanks. She's a wagon Wheel Ben. She's one of our vendors. And I thought, instead of listening to me, because you know, we talk a lot and go on and on and on about.
Speaker 1: You a wonderful to say.
Speaker 2: I wanted to bring somebody special so that people can see.
Speaker 1: The beautiful art here there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the beautiful items, and I want Amy to talk about them. Well.
Speaker 3: I'm Amy with wagonvill beIN leather and I handmake everything that we sell. We make jewelry, turquoise and silver jewelry, leather jewelry, and I also make home decore out of leather and pendleton. Pendleton's a really really beautiful product. A lot of people love it, very popular. Well, also make Christmas to Core. We make some stockings and ornaments. We're starting to get into tree skirts.
Speaker 1: That's the first time I've seen is stalking like that?
Speaker 4: Is it really?
Speaker 2: I want to I feel it's like super heavy and it's lined.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oranges.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling Amy, I needed about eight of those to go in my living room.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: They're fun, for sure of it, with all kinds of good stuff from other vendors as well as a say so Amy, tell them what you enjoy about Chris Kendle Market and how it works for the vendors, and just kind of like.
Speaker 3: What your experience has been. I love Chris Kindle Market. It helps that I'm a huge Christmas fan to begin with.
Speaker 1: It does help.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of vendors there who have a great array of beautiful handmade items. It's just it's definitely worth going to. You're going to find something for everyone on your list or for yourself, which is what I always tell everybody. Do a little shopping for yourself there.
Speaker 4: It doesn't hurt.
Speaker 2: But I've been doing Chris Kendall for four or five years now, I believe, yeah, maybe longer. Yeah, And I really really love it. It's a great show.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of vendors, food vendors and people who make things as well, so there's just a little bit of stuff for.
Speaker 2: Everybody and the kids.
Speaker 3: They have a lot of things to do for kids there, so you can bring the family and everybody gets to.
Speaker 2: Have fifteen and under free. You can get your tickets at the gate, or you can get them online go to okay music dot org. Come see Rose and I at four fifteen South Dewey. We'll sell them to you in person. We've sold all kinds of tickets this week, so we're tickled peek, We're excited, and you know, we just want to remind everyone this helps support not only the community and our children's programming, but more importantly, it supports people like Amy. This is what they do for a living, and so come out and support them. Look at their beautiful artists and craft. I mean, you're not going to find that in any other gift story. I mean, and I mean it's beautiful. Show them your buffalo pilla too, Oh yeah as well, Yeah you beautiful. Look at that there and it has a deerskin back, so pretty.
Speaker 1: And watching Facebook live, this is absolutely stunning.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Sorry, I can't tell what you can see on there, but yeah, and her jewelry, I have lots of her jewelry. It's beautiful. We have ornaments. She has something. I mean, she has something for everyone. She has like ear rings and necklaces, and I mean your buffalo is kind of signature pieces that of course we can all relate to being in Oklahoma, but oh my gosh, they're just beautiful. And like I said, I got my daughter two of these last year for she and her new husband. But now I'm thinking I told her my living room is Western and I might need some of those for myself.
Speaker 1: So anyway, but I think you got a customer.
Speaker 2: And for those of who are concerned, the vendors always ask me this, and of course maybe our patrons want into two. All the shopping is inside, weather permitting, We'll have some of the kid stuff outside. We may have entertainment outside right now. We have it all set up inside because of the in clement weather that may be that that Saturday morning. Not sure. You never know. Inn Oklahoma want to roll in and roll out. So we do have it all ready and ready to go so people won't be walking out in the rain. So please, you know, don't be scared. Just bring your umbrella and come on out and visit us. Mister and Missus Clause will be there again, and everyone loves Santa Claus, so you've got to come see them perform. We have so many crafts and games for the kids to do. Like Amy was just mentioning, we have three games. We have a huge gingerbread house jumpy, we have six different crafts. We're having a very special Saint Martin Lantern Parade on Saturday night. And I think that there's a lot to do and what I find really funny about it. I don't know if Amy has noticed this, but the adults have just as much fun doing the crafts as the kids do. I've heard they usually want to know if they're allowed to decorate a cookie too, and so you know, everyone has a good time at Chris Kindle Market. So again, it's this Saturday. This Sunday Saturday, it's eleven to seven after the Veterans Parade, or I think actually the Veterans Parade maybe starting a little bit later this year, so we'll have them going on at the same time. Again Sunday, we'll have eleven to five and so just wonderful time to come out and get some lunch, grab at dinner, have a nice time with your family. We have glue Vine coming back to the Sugar Plum Cafe. We have lots of sweet treats, melodies. Creative Cuisine is coming, so we're super excited about that. And then of course before I forget. I always have to tell everyone we couldn't do this without our sponsors. So I gave you the first half of our sponsor list on Monday. I'm gonna ravel them off real quick, if that's okay, Tom to.
Speaker 1: A lot of money they do.
Speaker 2: Bill night Ford new to Town. We're so super excited to have them. Aaron Archimbau and Debbie Mugenberg, Brad Dungeish Schwegmann Insurance, Walmart, marylyn Man attorney at law, myself, and then Bill Berschmidt. We are just so so grateful to these guys and we couldn't do it without them, So thank you to our sponsors. I also wanted to give a shout out. We've got Lisa Steele's students who will be performing on piano. I told you, mister and missus. Klaus Josh Kyawait'll be playing Kolwait will be playing on the piano. We've got Jasell Dobson, the BHS Jazz Choir in.
Speaker 1: Producing in this morning, talking about how they're gonna go out there and have fun with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, we're super excited to have them. They're always amazing. We love ms Walker. She does an amazing job. With his kids. And then we also have coming from Stillwater, an OSU jazz ensemble. So we're very excited about this. We've got some great entertainment. We have six Christmas stories to read to the kids. I think that they're going to really like and they get little prizes with it, and they get to do all kinds of fun interactive things with the storytelling. We have four elks coming to read those stories from the Bartlesville High School, so that ought to be a sight to see. And then again amazing craftmanship. Please come out, shop for your friends, shop for yourself, come some for our local vendors.
Speaker 1: This is going to be an outstanding a bit. It always is, I hope it always is. And now that it's two days, it's even twice as fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, I cannot believe it's already here. Believe it's November.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it has been behaving like November really quick. If it wasn't for that election thing, I wouldn't have known it was November.
Speaker 2: That is true, and you know, check check. Hopefully our country can move together and we can move forward, heal.
Speaker 1: I want the whole country to come see you.
Speaker 2: I did too. Let not be great at least all.
Speaker 1: Of Bartellsville and Washington County in half of Old Sage County. Anyway, I heard that Kansas.
Speaker 2: As a result of the election, the stock marking is doing good. There's a lot of optimistic or optimism about the future on the economy. So now maybe people will be more in the spirit of spending money. I hope.
Speaker 1: So I hope. And remember, as you're investing in yourself maybe also with your family for gifts and what have, you're also investing in OKM to help make sure that not only we have the festival, but also everything for our children or youth programs and our scholarships too.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, all of the proceeds Chris Kendle Market is all about giving. It's all giving back to the community and realizing that it's important to be philanthropic. That's how we try to do our story time with the kids. We try to teach them that. But all of the money raised on Chris Candle Day, the two days, all goes back into children's programming. And you know, we spend roughly between seventy five thousand to one hundred thousand every year on our kiddos and we give away instruments, we give away books. We give away musical maybe could be themed socks or little finger puppets, things to do with the arts, things to do with arts and crafts, and things to do with music, so that we can sort of slide in the music education and teach these kids all about wonderful composers, wonderful artists and you know just what music brings joy, Music brings so much to the quality of one's life, and so we try to teach them through fun ways all about that. So yes, and it's also the day that we pay homage to our youth artist and so we're very excited, you know, to be able to showcase them because, as you know, we just sell and the jazz Quyer and so many of these kids, Josh, they are truly truly talented and amazing and we want to give them the opportunity to perform and let people see how amazingly talented they are. Amy will be excited to know one of the main requests last year, you know, we always ask our vendors at the end of the season what can we do to improve and their main requests They loved Hilton Gardening, they loved how it was set up. They just wanted us to pipe the music into the ballroom, so they came the performers. So Donnie Woods is taking care of that for us. We're so excited and we are going to be able to pipe in all the good music.
Speaker 1: Well wonderful that is this weekend. Folks. Don't miss it Saturday Sunday, Hilton Gardenian I take It's available at the doork go to the website or go visit you down at the office.
Speaker 2: Okaymusic dot org, please do right fifteen soft Dewey.
Speaker 1: All right, ladies, thank you both for coming in.
Speaker 4: Thank you Tom from News Talk AM fourteen hundred ninety three point three and ninety five point one FM. You and Weather together.
Speaker 1: From the Trudy Credit Union studio, where their new no minimum high Yield checking account has a current radio five percent apy. Go to Trudy cu dot org slaze checking for details. Bartlesville City Council will have three new members in Ward one, two, and four after Tuesday's election, and voters in Ward five decided to retain their current representation. Tim Sheherrick defeats Ward one city councilor and current Mayor Dale Copeland by just over one hundred votes, winning the seat with fifty two percent of the vote is that he ran to protect family values in Bartlesville.
Speaker 4: We wanted to make sure that we properly represented the voice of the people and served them well, that we were in a position to protect the family values that have always been at the heart of Bartlesville, and to make sure that the needs of the people are paramounts in front of the city council.
Speaker 1: Ward two challenger Larry east Handley defeated incumbent Lauren Roselle with nearly sixty two percent of the vote. He says his primary reason for running with opposition to the public drag shows during the Bartlesville Pride event.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see adult entertainment behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: That was really one of the.
Speaker 4: Biggest things that encouraged me to step up and try to get in here to make some change there.
Speaker 1: And Ward four incumbent Quentin Schipper faced challenges from Aaron Kirkpatrick and Christopher lontra Raka, with Kirkpatrick winning the seat by just over sixty percent of the vote. Kirkpatrick said he was surprised.
Speaker 5: I'm flattered, I'm honored, and I really am just like processing in real time.
Speaker 1: Ward five incumbent Trevor Dorsey retained his seat nearly fifty five percent of the vote over challenge for Matthew Snodgrass and Karen Monroe. Dorsey says he was impressed with the voter turnout and thanked to Ward five for returning him to serve.
Speaker 2: Everybody and Ward five and getting out and vote.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen all the sabulations yet.
Speaker 5: The polling station seemed to be pretty cool today and again I'm proud to represent.
Speaker 2: Word five and look forward to serving the people in that board for another two years.
Speaker 1: Ward three counselor in current Vice Mayor Jim Kurr did not have a challenger. He was on the air on the web on Your rapp and on Alexa. I'm Tom Davis on K one, the one you trust.
Speaker 6: Jackets out the door later today, sunshine and temperatures into the lower and mid sixties. A very seasonal afternoon, and the winds will be mostly l liked out of the east at five to ten miles per hour. Maorrow morning we'll start back down to the mid forties apatche fog and then highest tomorrow will be in the lower to mid sixties with increasing clouds. Our next system approaches Friday that springs showers of storms, especially Friday night, should exit the area early Saturday from the Bob Mills Wedding Center. I mean he's on six is Aling Crown.
Speaker 2: I'm a wife and the mother of two kids, and I've got a good job my mom ving mom a pretty important job.
Speaker 7: Because of my family and my job, I really care about this neighborhood.
Speaker 2: It's a good neighborhood. Yes, there's some crime, and when I drive to work like now, I realize that some people here don't trust the police.
Speaker 7: So the police should be reaching out to this community, and this community should reach.
Speaker 2: Out to the police.
Speaker 7: That's the way to make this a safer place. And when I get to work in the precinct hoops and put on my inform I can tell you as a police officer that this department is reaching out to the community and the community is doing its partner. We're building partnerships. This should be happening everywhere. This is how we can all be safer. Get involved. Start the conversation.
Speaker 8: Start the conversation and help stop prime. To learn to find things you can do, go to NCPC dot org slash Prevent Violent Prime, a message from the National Crime Prevention Council and a Bureau of Justice assistance.
Speaker 5: Radiology exams often cause many people fear and anxiety. Trusted, easy to understand information about ct MRI and X ray exams can help ease that anxiety. Visit radiologyinfo dot org. You'll find reliable, up to date information on more than two hundred and thirty five radiology procedure exam and disease descriptions. Radiologyinfo dot org offers patient safety information, medical images, and screening and wellness information. You'll also find vid yos featuring radiologists describing what to expect and how to prepare. The site is totally free, doesn't require registration, and is available in English and Spanish.