Speaker 1: Last week, we covered part one of the honor killings and dove into the Sayeed family. Now today we are moving on to the crime that would ultimately be committed. Be sure to check out part one before listening to today's episode.
Speaker 2: My name's Ben, I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim, a true crime podcast.
Speaker 1: Warning, the following podcast material intended for a matural audience listener.
Speaker 3: Discretion's nazzy.
Speaker 1: That was smooth.
Speaker 2: That was actually pretty smooth. I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: It was like quick, sharp, concise, and it was good to the point. To the point, yeah exactly, and the point is ah delicious.
Speaker 2: Grab yourself a beby, Yeah, because.
Speaker 1: We're getting into the crime of the Sayed family today. So yeah, or the crime that was committed by the Sayed family. A Sayed family member, two Sayed family members, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in for it today.
Speaker 1: Oh we are. Do you remember last episode much at all?
Speaker 2: I definitely remember bits and pieces. Yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well that's good, that's good. I mean I'll do a little bit of a recap, so don't worry if you don't remember everything. I got the elevator pitch synopsis for you. But make sure you do check a part one for all that family history and all the background on who everyone is and the build up to what eventually happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to this today.
Speaker 1: Yeah kidding. Honestly, when I was finishing up the writing for this, I was just like, ugh, I was I even think. I told you, like, I'm having trouble writing this one because I I'm just not in this case and it's because it's like there's I don't know, I don't know how to describe it. I couldn't get in the mood or the mode for this case and the writing because it's just it's bullshit.
Speaker 2: Because you just didn't want to do it. You're like, I want to avoid this.
Speaker 1: No, it's not like I'm sitting here I want to avoid work.
Speaker 2: Well no, but I mean avoiding the like the case, the situation.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not necessarily the case and the situation. It's the aftermath. And you know how there's always that like the person who commits a crime and they're like I'm innocent, that portion that comes along with this case. I'm just like, shut the fuck up, just shut the fuck up. So which we will, of course, get into I digress. I'm already divulging a little bit too much. So before I keep blabbing my mouth, we got some patrons to thank, We sure do. First and foremost, I want to apologize to Molly, who on Tuesday I said Holly for whatever reason. I think it was because I was like scrolling through the list. I was a little bit flustered when trying frazzled when saying people's names, and I called you Holly. So my apologies to Molly. That's totally on me. But yeah, we do have patrons to thank this week, and we have Amanda mcleoud, Caitlin and Sailor antl Sharon Kaylor and keika El who all joined us this week over on Patreon.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: They're getting all that good good behind the scenes and extra content.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we got a lot of posts on there.
Speaker 1: We do, although we've been a little bit quiet this month so far.
Speaker 2: We're just recovering from Halloween.
Speaker 1: We are and thirty one straight days of talking about like some good movies for Halloween. So there are some more posts coming on Patriot. I were just kind of still catching our breaths. So you ready for the song?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think we should do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, before we get talking too much, let's get into the actual case. So last episode was part one of the honor killings, and we covered a lot regarding the family's history. As I already mentioned, we talked about yes see her Sayid, but more importantly, his wife Tizzy, and their two daughters, Amina and Sarah. So by now in two thousand and eight, Amina Sa'id was eighteen years old, eighteen years old and Sarah said was seventeen years old. They endured a life of growing up under their father's strict control and by some reports, even experienced sexual assault by his hand. But whatever the case, it was a life that they wanted to be free from, and at their age, you know, in their later teenage years, it was becoming imminent that they would leave and live their own lives as individuals. In fact, they're already starting to do that in this at this age, right, And yesr was like losing some of that control a bit.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean they're still like they still could be at home for a bit, but a parent should accept that they need to like, you know, fly Like what is that saying a bird flying room its nest?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, fly, fly from the nest, leave the roost. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know what you're saying, right, they're getting close to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flew the coop, I think is how you say it.
Speaker 2: Flew the coop.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I know what you're trying to say. Our colloquialisms are not on point today, clearly, although I'm really impressed that I A knew the word colloquialism and second pronounced it correctly. Yeah, good work, thank you.
Speaker 2: He redeemed us.
Speaker 1: I did, I really did. But yeah. So, rather than live under their father's roof with this strict mindset, they were hoping to move off and do their own thing very soon. And it was on January first in two thousand and eight that you see her convinced his two daughters to join him for dinner one evening. It was his treat. You know. They had just recently tried to do a little runaway extravaganza sort of thing. They had left the house with their mother, but their mother convinced them to come back under the guise of you know what you see her is like, he's sorry, he wants to make amends, and he wants to be better he's he forgives us and like it's it's all good. He forgives us for running.
Speaker 2: Away basically, right, but he was like harassing them pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, during that, During that, yeah, he was like calling, calling, calling, texting, texting, texting, and he's even getting other people to do the same to like like where you were you come home? Come home of just prodding constantly. So this was only days after that, and Amina and Sarah had returned home with their mother and they're going out on this dinner date. So it was an evening date where you see her and his two daughters were to be alone. The idea was them for to spend some time together, you know, in a peaceful outing, to try and reconnect, a true family moment to bring them together. Right. Initially, their mother, Tizzy was like, hey, you know what, I'm gonna come with you. It'll be a great off four of us. But you see her convinced her like, no, I'm just gonna just me and the daughters tonight sort of thing. Right, So she's like, yeah, okay, for sure, So she stayed behind. She didn't join and she didn't join in with them. She thought it was a great idea, you know for them to go out and reconcile. So it was easy to convince her, and she fully believed that yes, Sir had good intentions and was being genuine with their children. However, we learned a lot from what kind of person you see he was in part one. He was manipulative, he was controlling, and scariest of all, when angry, he went to great lengths to hurt those who he had wronged. We talked about one individual he worked with before, where he waited outside work and then when he came out, he ran him over, not once, but multiple times until he died.
Speaker 2: So I have a feeling he's not really the most forgiving of people.
Speaker 1: No, not really No. So the girls trusted in their father and they joined him for that evening together. They all got onto his taxi cab because he frequently drove a taxi for work, right, So he got into his taxi cab and he began driving them to their dinner date. The destination, though, was in a restaurant. There would be no dinner. You see, had plans that he didn't talk about and other intentions. Now how it unfolded in this vehicle isn't exactly clear, but you see her began driving and took his girls to a secluded area near Omni Mandalay Hotel in Irving, Texas. The location was near an intersection of Riverside Drive and State Highway fourteen. Now, the area was primarily surrounded by commercial buildings and properties, so it's not something you'd expect when I say it's secluded, But due to it being New Year's Day, there wasn't a lot of people around. Most people are at home or whatever, and that's exactly what it was at the time. Secluded. It was here with the surrounding cities and the stillness that you see, was confident that no one would interrupt or witness his actions. With one daughter in the passenger seat next to him and one in the back seat behind him, you see her put his taxi in park, pulled out a gun and turned it on his own two Daughtersly, shit, yeah, wow, yeah, to say the least, he's a dick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. Clearly he was just like lying to his teeth to his wife.
Speaker 1: Oh that's one would yeah, bringing them home saying oh no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, and then being like, let's go out for dinner. Let's reconcile. It's all lies through and through complete manipulation, with which what we see often from psychopaths.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, well, I mean and even the oldest daughter I remember you saying like she didn't want to go back.
Speaker 1: No she didn't.
Speaker 2: They had to really convince her, they really did. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, it was around seven thirty three pm this night that the nine to one to one dispatch received a call from Sarah. Now, Sarah, despite suffering from several injuries, was able to place a call on her telephone. Now, this is an abridged version of that nine one one call, but I do have the audio from it. No, so it cuts out a lot of the talk between first responders, but what you hear will be Sarah and everything she says and between the call being placed and someone arriving at the scene. So there, it's a condensed version down to like a minute long. But yeah, you'll you get everything that.
Speaker 2: You need from boy. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Here's the nine one one call.
Speaker 4: What's going on? Man dying?
Speaker 3: Curving fire above them?
Speaker 4: Still there are still there. I'll get it. She tell me she's dying. I'm getting there, ma'am, ma'am. What is your address, dam the jab in our Chad says, there's there's a driver, but there are two people had one in the past in received and one in the rear vehicle. One of the people on the in those house in her see looks like she funched over and blood coming from her ear. They're alive.
Speaker 1: To me, I understand that we've got our officers in the route. Sarah's voice during the call is clearly in a panic, and she becomes very weak over the short time she's speaking very quickly. However, despite the situation she was found in, she managed to name her killer when she very clearly states in that audio, help my dad shot me. I'm dying.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, wow, Like what the hell? Because and he just leaves them in his vehicle, so he's not really concerned about being found whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's something that's really interesting about this case is how he abandoned the scene afterwards. Cause, yeah, as you heard, there's an officer at the window of the cab looking at and he sees the two daughters slumped over deceased, and that's Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's also so sad too, because you know how so many people that are just like I'm dying just like being dramatic, right, yeah, which is silly to say, Like I almost thought that at first, Like I was like, oh, she's being dramatic, but like she legitimately was dying.
Speaker 1: She died on that phone call with oh my goshh yep, holy shit. Yeah. I can't imagine being that dispatcher having to.
Speaker 2: Hear that well no, and then later finding out too that, you know, like that she did die. Because I know dispatchers. I've watched like things where they I mean, they don't always know the olkkime outcome of the calls and stuff, but there's lots that they'll you know, go and seek to find out. And I'm sure that's one of them, and it just would have been like gut wrench wrenching.
Speaker 1: Well, this one, I don't think that they would have had to uh seek out because this is quite a large case, so I'm pretty sure they would have known regardless of the situation.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: So when authorities managed to track down and arrive at the scene, they, as you heard and as we already talked about, both the girls were found to cease, with Yeseer nowhere near the vehicle or to be found as the investigation unfolded, they determined that he had actually fled the scene on foot and most likely through a wooded area nearby the Cerchiari, in hopes he hadn't gotten too far, but unfortunately they were unable to locate him. Meanwhile, inside the car, both Amina and Sarah were found with multiple gunshot wounds, and the injuries revealed the extent of the violence that was taken out on them. They had been shot at close range, which showed an intent to ensure that they did not survive. In total, Sarah had been shot nine times, with bruins primarily around her abdomen, yet she still managed to call.
Speaker 2: Nine to one one, whow Hey, also like nine times nine times? What the hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This father's a piece of shit.
Speaker 1: Yes, And there's there's something that I don't know something about that that really strikes me odd because he's shooting her close range, like we're talking in a car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's the point of nine times.
Speaker 1: And in the in the abdomen for me? I think that's a statement. I think that might be something towards infidelity, pregnancy, bearing children, towards you know, her reproductive system, her uterus. That's purely speculation on my part. But when you're saying she was shot primarily in the abdomen, he's pointing at the abdomen and he pulls the trigger nine times. Why there's a reason that doesn't.
Speaker 2: Make any sense. Was he thinking that they, I mean, you'll get into this that they weren't actually going to die, because I feel like, also, you would kind of just shoot like in the head, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, there's nothing that I know of in regards to that question that I could answer.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I mean, one of them was shot nine times, and Amina was shot twice, which included one in the chest. And later on it was found that her chest cavity was actually filled with fifteen hundred milliliters of blood, which for reference, is just under the volume of four and a quarter cans of pop. So, again, while I don't know for sure, I'm a medical expert, and this is purely speculation on my part. With that amount of blood, it sounds like she may have been shot in the heart or the artery.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking these are two very targeted spots. But again, this is purely speculation. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the nine times doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: No, one being shot twice and the other being shot nine times. I believe, if I'm going to guess, Amina was probably shot form and I know she died immediately from her injuries. It's slumped. And then he turned probably to the back seat where Sarah was, and began firing to her. Maybe she's trying to escape, but being a cab, I think you can actually have those doors like locked or whatever.
Speaker 2: Sarah is the younger one, correct.
Speaker 1: She's seventeen, yes, okay, And so maybe it's through the struggle that he got her in the abdomen. Maybe it's not through aiming exactly. I'm not sure. That's again purely speculation on my part. All we know is that Sarah was shot nine times in the abdomen area and Amina was shot twice, once in the chest.
Speaker 2: This is so disturbing, so disturbing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, it's a brutal death for sure, especially when you consider that it was dealt by family too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, your family is one thing, but your freaking dad, like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But at least authorities, though, we're not left scratching their head. I mean they're like, okay, we know who the perpetrator is right. We literally have the victim on audio naming who pulled the fucking trigger.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and the mom knew, you know, what they were out doing and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So now a warrant of course, was immediately out for a rest on this sear and the man hunt for him was officially on. However, it would not be a quick and easy man hunt.
Speaker 2: I should just correct myself and say the mom didn't know like this was going to happen, but knew that they were out on the date in the together.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, no, I knew what you meant. Okay, yep. Now, so instead the hunt for your seer would become one of the longest and most complex in recent US history. So it was not quick, was not overfast. It took a long time to find him.
Speaker 2: So we went in hiding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he immediately went and dieting immediately, which may show that he had actually planted out ahead of time. May show premeditation because he may have picked this area at a park. He may have had someone come pick him up at a spot. He may had things ready to go in hiding right away. Who knows, It's hard to say. He may have had a lot of cash on hand ready to not have you know, the paper trails.
Speaker 2: He could have had a duffel bag in the back of his freaking trunk, for god sake, you can't have So.
Speaker 1: While it's not proof of premeditation, it does suggest it now. Authorities initially thought that he might still be in Dallas, the Dallas Fort Worth area, and had appealed to the public for any sort of information. However, as days turned to years, it's exact whereabouts remained a mystery. Your jaw dropped the years years. Yeah, I wasn't expecting that. Oh yeah, no, As I mentioned, this is one of the longest man hunts in recent US history. Wow, okay, so yeah, its exact whereabouts complete mystery. Investigators began to believe that you see her hadn't actually stuck around in the area, but instead they thought he may have fled the country, possibly heading back to Egypt, where he was from and had family members, And if that was the case, there's a good chance that they may they may never be able to track him down. Despite this, though, they never gave up, They never let go of hope. They held out for it. They're hoping that you know what, maybe we're just wrong. Maybe one day he will resurface. Maybe he is around here and maybe we can find him. So on December fourth of twenty fourteen, six years after the murders took place with no solid leads, the FBI added yese He to their ten most wanted list. Okay, the FBI's top ten most wanted list. He was on that fucking list.
Speaker 2: Ding dang.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They were hoping that the national attention would actually bring in some useful tips, really garner some awareness for the case now alongside this, though, alongside being on that list, they also offered a one hundred thousand dollars reward for any information leading to his arrest, which thankfully, I mean, this did bring in the spotlight to the case, not only across the US but like around the world.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but also just thinking back to like what kind of person he is, It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't get in trouble in those six years, you know that. I feel like something would happen potentially, but maybe not. Yeah, I mean it's hard to say he's really laying low.
Speaker 1: He's laying low. Yeah, huh. If you don't want to be caught and you're stuck on your guns, on that. I mean, hey, you can commit, you really.
Speaker 2: Guess, But he seemed like he had such a temper and it seems odd to me that he wouldn't get himself in trouble again in that amount of time.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. You're thinking of himself. You're thinking of him as one and alone. I'll touch on it here, Okay, well, okay, So anyways, the attention was drawn to this case globally, which is good because the idea of that he had fled the country was still looming over the investigators. So to cover all bases, the FBI worked with Inner Pole as well and issued a red notice, which is a request for law enforcement worldwide to locate and arrest a person basically now. Reports soon came in from all over the place, including places like Egypt and even Canada, but unfortunately, none of the leads had any concrete findings and it just left authorities with dead end after dead end. Now, they did have a hunch, though, they grew increasingly suspicious that Yeseer's family members were actively helping him stay hidden. This is where I mean, you're thinking of him as a single right if he's doing it on his own, Yeah, sure, he may have a temper and may out himself, but if he's got other people hiding him too, it's much easier to see.
Speaker 2: It makes it way easier for sure, so.
Speaker 1: Long as you have people who are reliable who will help you stay hidden and not you know, leak shit. Right, But yeah, they're looking at you see his family members. Now, his son Islam and his brother yes Sin were frequently mentioned in several FBI reports regarding this case, and they were apparently known to stay in contact with him during this time. And we're likely providing him with shelter and other means of support. But that's later on for even the brother.
Speaker 2: Hey, of the two of like he murdered he his sisters, yeah, man.
Speaker 1: But regarding that, for example, a major lead came in the search for your Seer in August twenty seventeen August fourteenth, when a maintenance worker and an apartment complex in Bedford, Texas, reported seeing a man who looked a lot like you see her, and he saw him inside an apartment that was rented by your Seer's son, Islam. So when detective showed up to talk to the worker, right, they gave him a photo of you see her? And said this is what he looks like, are you sure this is the guy? And he confirmed, He's like, yeah, that's the dude I saw. Like, that's the guy in this apartment complex, in this apartment number. He's like, it's being rented by his fucking son.
Speaker 2: He's in there, so it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So later that evening, at around six thirty PM, an FBI agent arrived at Islam's apartment to question him. Now, Islam seemed visibly upset and fidgety and reportedly refused to cooperate with the agent whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: During the visit, Islam made a phone call as well, and was overheard saying, quote, we have a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a bit of a problem here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, hours later, at one am, law enforcement returned, but this time instead of just knocking the door and talking with a search warrant. But then by then the apartment was empty.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Officers noticed that the sliding glass door on the patio was open, and below the balcony they saw broken branches on a shrub, as if someone had recently jumped down.
Speaker 2: Was that the same day?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Same day?
Speaker 2: Huh? So they moved real quick yep.
Speaker 1: Next to the flattened shrub, they discovered a pair of eyeglasses, which they collected as potential evidence, and inside the apartment, investigators gathered additional items, including several cigarette but butts and a toothbrush. These items were sent to the FBI lab in Virginia where analysis tests for DNA was done on them and compared to the DNA profiles of Amina and Sarah. The results suggested that the DNA on these likely are most likely belong to UCR, confirming that he'd been hiding out in this apartment and most likely was probably running out the window just as police were busting down the door.
Speaker 2: Man. That is such a piss off in so many ways. Oh is it ever the fact that they were that close, But I also feel like super pissed that that the brother was is helping with this. I don't know why, but I mean, his dad is manipulated.
Speaker 1: I can't even say manipulative. Yeah, well, I think this comes to the kind of what we talked about before with like stereotypical gender roles in that like older mindset of like, hey, men have responsibilities and women have certain responsibilities and men are you know that classic men are better than Women's sort of bullshit, right, And I think that's where it's gonna to come, is that Islam is now being tainted with his father's points of view, and so he sees his sisters, as you know, doing all the wrong things that his father does, and he probably agrees with his father saying yeah, you know what they were wrong, You're right, mm, which is fucking bullshit.
Speaker 2: I know, I know I'm not necessarily blaming the brother.
Speaker 1: I guess, oh, I am.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying not to because, like I don't know exactly what his dad is saying to him and everything, but it just does seem really wrong to me.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter what's being said to you. I mean, if you're being like forced against your will, that's one thing. He's not being forced against his will.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't care what you're being told. I don't care how manipulative you're. This person is over you. I don't care your history or your mental illness whatever. You are responsible for your actions.
Speaker 2: That's six years where he could have changed or made a different decision.
Speaker 1: Yes, a long time now. Don't get me wrong. If you do have mental illnesses or you are being manipulated or whatever. I understand that sucks. He's still siding with a fucking murderer.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: You don't murder someone and say hey, you know what, You're right? Yeah, you just don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It just seems like a tough pill to swallow, to be honest, it is that part to me.
Speaker 1: It is now. Over the years, occasional tips did pop up for investigators suggesting that you See Her was actually still in a Dallas Fort Worth area, but somehow he always managed to slip away right before authorities could get close. Police conducted regular searches of properties tied to his family, hoping to randomly catch him, but he seemed to have mastered the art of living under the radar. He avoided electronic communications, paid in cash, and moved frequently to stay ahead of any of the searches. He was like a ghost that was basically haunting the investigation. There seemed to be evidence of him around, yet every time they followed the evidence, it led nowhere. It was frustrating authorities and this kept up for several years. That is until August of twenty twenty. Law enforcement ramped up their efforts to locate you see your sayeed by placing a sorry, by surveilling a home in justin Texas. Okay, I see how I wrote that, placing a home in Justin Texas under twenty four hours surveillance.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: So they're watching this home that is Yeah, it's owned by the family, or at least being rented by the family.
Speaker 2: I just have to say, I love their efforts. They're not giving up no, which is just awesome.
Speaker 1: They're fully committed. So it was for about a week that agents monitored this property where they observed you see your son, Islam and his brother you've seen frequently coming and going. And at one point, agents noticed the shadow of a third person moving inside the house after Islam and you've seen both had left the property. Oh yeah, this strongly hinted that you see her himself was hiding inside. So after this week of close observation, the FBI obtained a search warrant and moved into the property. So this is they haven't knocked or anything. They just watched, got the warrant first.
Speaker 2: And these people don't know they're being washed, correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this time on August twenty six, twenty twenty y see, her did not get away. He was arrested, taken into custody, and charged with the capital murder of his daughters, both Amina and Sarah at the Justin residence without any incident.
Speaker 2: And that was like a twelve year earlier that the shit happened. Correct, twelve years he got twelve years of his life.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, on the same day, in a coordinated effort, agents also arrested Islam said then thirty two years old, and you see said then fifty nine years old at a nearby location in Ulyss, Texas.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, both were charged with concealing a person from arrest. So over a day decade they were able to hide ya Sear. There was evidence as well that other family members were in regular contact with Islam, which suggested they could have been a much wider network of those trying to actually hide ya Sear, which is hell. They helped hide him for so long. However, there was never any evidence to bring them to justice. Now, although you see her was indicated on capital murder charges, for whatever reason, prosecutors chose not to pursue the death penalty, So following his capture, he was held in the Dallas County Jail in the North Tower awaiting his trial. The trial began in August second, twenty twenty two. Where you see her speaking through a translator because his English was still good was somewhat broken. So regardless, he claimed he was not present during the murder of his daughters. He is innocent.
Speaker 2: That is complete bullshit.
Speaker 1: Right through and through.
Speaker 2: Malarkey, Who the fuck does this guy think he is?
Speaker 1: Apparently he thinks he's an innocent man. That's who he fucking thinks he is.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, two things. So he did have twelve years to like, you know, come up with a story of sorts. True, But I have like this burning question that I'm like needing to ask. Okay, did the mom of the two girls like all murdered have anything to do with hiding?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, no she didn't. Good, good, good.
Speaker 1: Note shortly after the incident occurred, she officially divorced him, and yes, she had no idea where he was or nothing.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like she probably lost her son too. Like that is just terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's funny that you actually bring her up because she's the topic of the next next thing I gotta talk about here. So in court, you seers now ex wife Patricia Owens, or as we've referred to her as Tizzy, testified in court and told the jurors about you Sear's history of domestic violence. Now, when asked in the court room, who identify you Seer, she simply pointed at him and said that devil there. Oh my goodness, yeah right, fuck yes. She continued to tell the court how he monitored and controlled the girls every movement by searching through their messages or whatever it was. But most incriminatingly, he forbade them from dating outside their culture. And I say incriminatingly because that plays a key here which I'm about to talk about. But before I do talk about that, I got, I got a couple other things here. Now, Mina herself was able to provide some insight into what her mother was saying with an email when she had written one to a teacher just days before her murder. So apparently these girls were actually confiding in this teacher. They agreed that they that this teacher is someone they can one percent trust. Okay, So when they like were like fleeing from him, and then like a couple days prior and stuff, they were telling this teacher all of it. So this teacher actually testified in court regarding a lot of emails and stuff, but in one email she had written to this teacher, she claimed that her father was arranging her marriage against her will. And to quote that email that was read in the courtroom, quote, he has simply made our lives a nightmare. He's one man, not God. That's what Amina said about her father.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean that's like putting it nicely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when I said the most incriminating thing was he forbade them from dating outside their culture. Prosecutors and family members argue that you see murdered his daughters in a so called quote honor killing, driven by his belief that they had brought shame to the family by dating American boys outside their Islamic faith. You see, he's cultural beliefs and rigid standards clashed with his daughter's wishes to live more freely, creating a very volatile family environment against his desire of what he wanted and what he saw.
Speaker 2: Well, and their mom was American, right, correct, But if you remember he married an American.
Speaker 1: If you remember first episode, he was abusive to Tizzy as well, and he told me directly he regrets marrying an American, right, But regardless, his daughters are fucking American. They're born in the US of fucking A.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't care what country you come from. You can be full blooded whatever wherever. If you are born in a country, that's that's what you are. You of course have culture and heritage that spreads out farther from that, but that's I mean, that's that's what you are. That's your nationality.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they were living there. It only makes sense that they would, you know, be and find interest in someone that's also living where they are living.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. If you can get a passport in a country, that's your nationality. If you can get passports in multiple countries, you have multiple Now it's as simple as that. You're born in one country, that's just your starting point nationality. Culture and history, as far as I'm concerned, have nothing to do with nationalities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, this is just so interesting.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now on the stand, you see her did admit this somewhat, this whole like honor thing, and you know, the dating thing. I mean to quote him, he said, quote in my culture, it's something to get upset about. Acknowledging the anger over his daughter's choices and like, you know sort of thing. So, according to him, he was thinking his daughter with this whole event. He was taking his daughters out for dinner when he realized someone was following them in the taxi cab. He said he planned only on taking those girls out for dinner, but realized they were being tailed by this other vehicle and he wasn't sure who it was. So he pulled into this nearby area by the hotel, parked the car and ran, oh yeah, just leaving his daughters behind. He Jess ran, huh, okay, yeah. Now, I do have a quote from a news source that quoted him in the courtroom. I'm going to read this quote. However, I do want to say one thing. This quote goes against everything else you see her says. So I'm not sure if he is mixing his stories up or if they got the quote wrong. So regardless, this is the only time I've heard this version of what he says. Everything else he says it a different way. Okay, But in the court he said quote, I thought, if they are my daughter's friends, let them solve the problem together. If they have issues, I told them, the car is yours. You can do whatever you want since they know how to drive, I left the car for them.
Speaker 3: Aha.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make any sense coming from like one of the most controlling of parents right out there exactly, She doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: So he's basically saying, a he knows who these people are following behind him, and then he's saying, be okay, it's your guys' problem, not mine, go ahead and deal with it.
Speaker 2: See you later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where spoiler I mean, it's not really a spoiler alert, but later on and everything he claims after this, everything I've found on his claims. He's talking about how he doesn't know who the driver is and he ran out of fear. Oh yes, but we'll get into that, don't worry now. In regards to nine one one and the call where Sarah named her father as the killer by saying, you know, quote help my dad shot me. Yess, defense team argued that this was false and Sarah was quote hallucinating as a result of her traumatic injuries in her final moments, So they're trying to discredit this dying, fucking girl who put every last ounce of her living being into identifying who shot her. Yeah, grimy as fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes you feel unwell.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, prosecutors also asked you here why he went on the run for twelve years if he's an innocent man, you know, why did you run? Why did you hide? If you didn't murder your girls? And he said, quote because I believe behind this coverage there was a great agenda, and I feel that the media was against me in a certain direction that I would not get a fair trial.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, to play like devil's advocate, that is that makes kind of sense, though it does.
Speaker 1: It does to a certain degree. However, you need to consider why is the media and investigators, police and the public everyone, Why is everyone blaming him for the murder?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a lot of evidence that points towards him.
Speaker 1: His deceased daughters were found in his cab. Yeah, the nine to one call has the dying daughter, Sarah naming names killer.
Speaker 2: He has like a very abusive history towards them.
Speaker 1: And controlling, and before it was even on the news, he was already in hiding. And there's another final piece of evidence I'll talk about here later. But yeah, So anyways, after the closing arguments for his trial, the jury deliberated for just three hours before returning with their verdict. They found you see her, Abdel Said guilty of capital murder and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Speaker 2: Okay, good.
Speaker 1: He is serving his sentence at the McConnell unit in b County, Texas.
Speaker 2: I mean three hours, that's it. Yeah, And this is a huge case, right, so it's pretty much obvious that it was him.
Speaker 1: Oh exactly, yeah, one hundred.
Speaker 2: There wasn't anyone in that room wavering, no.
Speaker 1: Doubt, no doubt. Now, his son, Sayid sorry Islam Said, was also charged in connection with helping his father of a cap sure. On January nineteenth, twenty twenty one, Islam pleaded guilty to harboring a fugitive, conspiring to harbor a fugitive, and conspiracy to obstruct justice. On April twenty seventh, twenty twenty one, he was sentenced to ten years in federal prison. Yesee's brother, Yesin Sayid faced similar charges, and on February fourth, twenty twenty one, y Seine was found guilty of conspiracy and harboring a fugitive and was sentenced to twelve years in federal prison. On June fourth of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Sorry, how long I dazed out twelve verseec there twelve years, twelve years, two four years.
Speaker 1: The son was given ten years and his brother was given twelve. Okay, yeah, Now there's a letter that Yeseir had written to the judge in regarding of his case. I watched this little kind of documentary kind of it's more of an interview really than a document a mini documentary. It's like forty five minutes long. It's called the Interview with a Killer. And this guy talks to you, Sear, and he's questioning him while he's behind bars and everything, and they one of the first things they touch on is they briefly touch on this letter, but they show the whole letter on the screen. So I pause it and I type the whole thing out.
Speaker 2: I'm going to read that letter for you right now, okay, in this what he had written this to the judge.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Sphear had written this to the judge. And it goes like this, your honor, I want you to know as well as I do, what this accusation is really about. It's about some people they thought themselves above the law in USA. My accusation was gift from the sky to achieve their political agenda, using money, influence and political pressure to change laws in small countries like emirates. In my case, you could smell strongly conspiracy in the atmosphere. To achieve their political agenda, they spend a lot of money. I'm not talking about one hundred thousand dollars reward for reporting some one over violent accusations which never happened before. I'm talking about million of dollars. So that's what this is about. Conspiracy. Conspiracy, with my full respect, you see her asaid Wednesday, February second, twenty twenty two. So there's a lot to break down there within this interview. He still stands by his claims, and as you can clearly tell by this letter that he wrote to the judge and during which he talks about the day his daughters were killed and how they were being followed by another car. So, according to him, he fled because he was mad and afraid. Actually, initially he asked or sorry, he said mad. He fled because he was mad, and then the interview viewer said mad or afraid, and then you see her both, yeah, most likely covering his tracks. The interview gave him the afraid and he jumped on that real quick, but he initially on his own free will, only said mad. Now after he fled the car, he does not know what happened to Sarah and Amina, And as far as he knows who was driving the car that was following them, he doesn't know who they are or where they went after this all happened either. All he knows is that they are after him and not his daughters, which is why he ran to leave them behind. So this is where it differs, because first, that quote that I read, where I said, it's the only time I've heard that story. He's saying he knew the people following them were friends of his daughters or knew them, and he left them to deal with it. Now he's saying he doesn't know who is following him, and in fact, he even mentioned seeing two cars at one point, oh geez, yeah, and knowing that they're out for him specifically, not his daughters. So how can you not know who they are? Yeah, and then know they're after you and not your daughter's in the same breath and be.
Speaker 2: So scared too not knowing who they are right exactly?
Speaker 1: Now, here's another important piece of the story. You see, her was actually being followed that night.
Speaker 2: It's true he was, but I'm wondering if it was by like the boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Correct, Oh, no, okay, So in the courtroom, Amina's boyfriend testified that he and his father were the ones following in the car. Now, call it being at the right place at the right time, call it coincidence, whatever you want. But while they were driving, they just so happened to see Amina in the taxi cab with her father, and they knew what this kind of man he was or whatever, and so he's like, dad, follow her real quick, right, So they briefly followed the taxi before you know, amandining and leaving them alone, continuing on their own way. They did not follow as far as the hotel. They followed for a few minutes. Was that so maybe when you see her did say it was friends of my daughter? He is right, But then why is he saying these other things now while in prison. It's all so convoluted and so bullshit doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Well, because who would want his daughters dead? It doesn't seem like there's anyone out there that would.
Speaker 1: No, there is no one. There's no proof, there's no evidence, there's no nothing, yeah, digging into any sort of emails, text messaging, or any witnesses, they all point to the only person who that they have a problem with is their father. Now, prosecutors do say that this detail about the boyfriend following was something that you see or jumped on as a defense to claim his innocence. He saw this and it was just like, yes, here's my out.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Well, I mean, honestly, even just being able to hide for like twelve years, I don't feel like this guy he's not stupid, right, he isn't He isn't. I feel like he's thinking of how to save his own ass. He's stupid in the sense of he's like a complete jackass, and like how or did he do this?
Speaker 1: I think he is just stupid if I'm being honest, because like you listen to him talk, and don't get me wrong, if there could be a language barrier thing there, because English isn't certainly not his first language. So I'll give him credit where credit is due. You know what, he is speaking a second language. I can't speak a fucking second language, so he's got that one up on me. But when you hear him talk and he's explaining things it just the dots don't connect. But he's just like it does, like believe it, it should connect for you, but it just doesn't connect, like there's nothing there.
Speaker 2: Hmm. I don't know. I guess I just it's slightly impressive to be able to to be on the run for that long without being caught.
Speaker 4: It is, it is.
Speaker 1: But going back to that that letter he wrote to the judge, there is one thing that he says in there now using money, influence and political pressures to change laws in small countries like Emirates. Now, within that interview, on that interview with a Killer, he says the same thing. He's saying that his he's being framed for this by someone he doesn't know, and there's a conspiracy going on so they can take this case and change laws in other countries.
Speaker 2: And this Emirates like what doesn't make any sense?
Speaker 1: No sense? And that's the interview even calls him on that. He's like, that's that's preposterous, Like no, and he's just like, well, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: He's claiming that some unknown fucking person is framing him for murdering his daughters to change laws in another country.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, he is.
Speaker 1: But how does that make any sense? It doesn't. That makes no sense whatsoever. How does that have any sort of fucking ties? Now, the last little piece of evidence I do want to talk about here, So I scrolled up back to that letter. So I gotta find my place again. Okay, So here we are. As you may remember, Sarah's phone call to nine to one one, as we discussed at the very beginning, was at seven thirty three pm that evening. Okay, right, okay, Well, only four minutes before that nine to one one call, you see, her took a phone call from someone else, his then wife, Tizzy, and during that call never mentioned anything about being followed, never mentioned anything about being threatened or anything. That call was at seven twenty nine. I'm not sure how long it lasted. Let's just say it lasted thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's kind of probably just checking in. I'm assuming, yeah, something.
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure what the the phone call was about. Yes, she phoned real quick or whatever, and they he answered, They talked for a brief moment, and that was that. Let's assume that phone call lasted thirty seconds. Okay, So that now leaves us with a three minute and thirty second window from when the nine when one call was placed. Say that attack took over the course of nine shots being fired to one two shots being the other. Say it took twenty seconds. We now have three minutes and ten seconds between phone call and phone call. Yeah, three minutes and ten seconds for two people to get fucking murdered.
Speaker 2: That is no time from even from the call there like that is Oh, that's wild.
Speaker 1: No, you have no time to be noticed that you're being followed to go park somewhere, run out of the car, not know what happened to your daughter's Can hear the fucking gunshots if someone else does run up to the car and then shoot them from within the car, not to mention the daughters, Just what sit in the car and wait?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and it's not like it was like one shot. It was a lot. It was eleven shots exactly.
Speaker 1: So I one percent. This is why I was so not wanting to research this case, and I'm just so done with it because it just doesn't make sense. My brain was scrambled, and like, how do I make sense of this tom foolery that he's trying to convince people of.
Speaker 2: That's shocking to me that the mom had called four minutes before.
Speaker 1: Four minutes dang, four minutes between call and call, from the beginning of call to beginning.
Speaker 2: Really, hey, oh okay, that's that is that's mind blowing to me, right huh. And this guy is literally just saying it wasn't him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like that fucking shaggy hung wasn't me. They're coming on the count. It wasn't me. Happened in my fucking cabby wasn't me?
Speaker 2: I mean, like, the fact that he killed his two daughters and then now is just such a complete piece of shit.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: This guy just makes me slick sick.
Speaker 1: Right to think he's like to be. I can't think of the word when you think so highly of yourself. What's the word I'm thinking of.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Complete douche canoe.
Speaker 1: When you're a complete douche canoe. There we go, that's the word. When you're a complete douche canoe like him, and you think so highly of yourself that you murder your own daughters. There is blatant evidence for it, and then you go on to say I'm innocent and my name is what they're trying to use to change laws in a fucking country, you're not that important. But exactly, you're not that fucking important. No one in that fucking country knows who you are, or any of those countries over in the Emirates, and none of them unless it's like a direct relative, and I guarantee you by now, they probably don't give a fuck about him anyways.
Speaker 2: Is that documentary worth watching to like see how he acts and stuff? It is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's a joke. Everything he says is a fucking joke. Because usually when you when you're talking to a fucking killer, you're you're taking their time. They don't need to fucking talk to you, right m hm. And so it's like you got to be real careful how you're talking and like to get the information out. And he kind of, like the interviewer says, he's like, you know, I'm kind of warming up and trying to draw these questions out. But within seconds of sitting down, you see HER's like, and I'll fucking tell you. And it's like he's just gonna spill it all.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: Why would he fucking spill it all? Because he has a story he wants you to believe. Oh gosh, sorry, I'm going off on like a major rant on this one here.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So I got a little, a last little couple sentences here that I wrote up, and I want to I want to read it verbatim because this is what I was feeling at the very end of this. And uh, I can't even remember what I wrote, but I'm just gonna read this. Kay. So it seems like, no matter the claims that you see her has, his innocence is a clear lie. He murdered his two daughters in cold blood for dishonoring their family, culture and heritage. However, he got it wrong. In reality, he was simply overbearing, controlling, and the true dishonor of their family. Those two girls were everything that man could never be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is the story of the honor killings. And uh, Sarah and Amina sayid.
Speaker 2: Gosh eighteen and seventeen. Yeah, and then also their.
Speaker 1: Mom too, right like gosh, yeah, he ruined her life. She doesn't have a son now, basically, I'm sure, I mean, maybe she has a relationship with them, maybe they're able to figure something out.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but well, and I can only imagine just not that she should or anything, but like just the feeling of like guilt, right, Yeah, that that guilt is feeling she brought them back.
Speaker 1: It's not her fault though, no, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Not saying it is, yeah, but it's just like I'm sure that she's just beaten herself up about this.
Speaker 1: Which she shouldn't. But that's that's the thing. It's like, when you get into that situation, so many people blame themselves. So many people blame themselves for so many things. It's not their fault.
Speaker 2: And he's such a piece of shit too that now he has ruined his his only living other kid, who's now having to be in jail for ten fricking years. Yeah, and I'm sure that twelve years of hiding his dad was not fun.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: And then also his brother and stuff too. So he's just like such a selfish piece of shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just literally dragging every fucking single one down with him.
Speaker 2: Basically, Yeah, anyone that was kind of close to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so fuck him.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what a brutal case, right, huh.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand people like that. I could because I we all know I love to play devil's advocate. I really do to try and get that understanding, that perspective, and there is I can never wrap my head around individuals who think like this, who just I'm innocent, believe me because I say it. No, that doesn't work like that.
Speaker 2: There are people in jail that or have been in jail and stuff that are innocent.
Speaker 1: Like it does happen, Oh it does, but he's not. He's not wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it doesn't like this the evidence and like there's just no one else. There's just no room for it to be anyone else. No, in my opinion, there's not.
Speaker 1: And I'm while I didn't find all the details on like you know, the car being searched and everything, and you know what, now I think of it. I didn't really think of this ahead of time, but as as my thought processes are going, I guess I'm just gonna spew this. I'm sure that they fingerprinted the car, but it being a taxi cab, I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of different fingerprints and stuff all throughout it, But I mean they didn't find any evidence of any other.
Speaker 2: Person's well, yeah, and just the fact that the mom had called that's wild because if something was wrong, you would think, you know, she would know, Yeah, like she know if someone was like if they were in pursuit kind of right now.
Speaker 1: Right, he probably wouldn't have answered the phone if he was frank driving totally. Yeahn't say anything to her because they have the phone record. Like they have the record, they know what the conversation was. There was nothing mentioned. Huh nothing, Oh my gosh. So yeah, so sad. Hopefully you guys are angry at him too, because he's a douche canoe for sure. That's how you describe him. Ruche canoe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, among many other things.
Speaker 1: Oh, the list goes on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I probably should just shut up. I could say a lot of things about this guy. This guy's pissing me off.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: And he only went in jail just just recently, just a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The fact that he had twelve years too is also pisses me off.
Speaker 1: Like I can't imagine he lived the greatest of years though in those twelve years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he still got to like order a pizza if he wanted, Yeah, I know, watch the sunset and all this shit that he just didn't deserve. I know what you mean, I know what you mean, but I hope those twelve hours were shit.
Speaker 1: I know, while he was free, he didn't have freedom, you know what I mean. Yeah, So anyways, thank you guys for being here. Hopefully you enjoyed that, and hopefully you did listen to the two parts. I know it probably could have jammed this all into one episode, but I really wanted to make sure that we had room to rent in this second one. So yeah, yeah, just wanted to say that. So it was a bit of a rant.
Speaker 2: It would have been a long episode if it was one.
Speaker 1: I feel it would have been because the other one. Part one was a bit short. I think it was almost forty minutes, and I'm not sure what we were up to on this one, but it would have been over an hour for sure. So splitting it up I think was a good, good idea, and I think the previous history on the family and then the crime is a good way of doing it.
Speaker 2: And like I've said, part one and part two, it gives you something to look forward to in between.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad thing, that's true. So hopefully you guys enjoyed a part one and part two, and of course we'll be back with more episodes here out Tuesdays and Fridays. It's us. We're an any podcast. We produced, research, we host, all of it's done by us, and you guys being here listening and supporting us means the absolute world because without you, we wouldn't be able to do this. And yeah, so thank you so much. We appreciate it. All our links in the description of the podcast, get them all down there, merch, Patreon, you name it. I'm just rambling now. Yeah, I'm gonna chug my beer and then go to bed and until next time.
Speaker 2: Until next time, stay wicked.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was a two fer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good job.