Speaker 1: Empty shelves for lease signs and layoffs, student loans are due, and is there going to be a housing market correction? And we'll go over with those topics with Brian James and get his reaction to the news this morning involving the tariffs on China and Chinese tariffs on US. Empower You summitor doctor Robert Malone, injuries from the COVID vaccine continuing kind of a theme we've got going here on the fifty five care See morning show. This is the final empower You for the spring. So I just you know, props again to Dan Raganolld, the founder of empower You and what just really great topics there have been all over the place in terms of subject matter, but very interesting education opportunities and not a penny out of your pocket. So question which injuries did COVID mRNA vaccines cause? So looking forward to having doctor Robert Malone on the program at eight forty. Always enjoy hearing from you. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on eight T and ufhones And for all the gloom and doom sayers, the world's coming to an end because of our tariffs. It's like US and China have agreed to substantial tariff cuts just announced this morning. Details were unfolding over the weekend. Donald Trump came out on Saturday expressing some optimism about the direction of the talks and looks like they've borne fruit and you better be invested. I hope you're invested in the markets this morning because the nasdak s and P five hundred down industrials all trending way up. At the specifics on that in a second, but said this to released this. This story broke this morning. They've agreed to suspend most tariffs US and China on each other's goods, pending further negotiations. There's a qualification built into this. Trump's reciprocal tariffs on China down to ten percent from one hundred and twenty five percent. So the ten percents in place for every country, even if you've negotiated a settlement of resolution to the trade of the tariff dispute, because the administration's currently engage in conversations with one hundred and seventy countries. Of course, Great Britain the other day announced it an agreement with to reduce tariffs and allow more open, freer markets, something Trump promised that would come about from the tariffs. So down to ten percent separate twenty percent tariff the President I posed over what he described as China's role in the fentanyl trade, is going to stay in place. Beijing cutting its retaliatory levies on US goods to ten percent from one hundred and twenty five percent.
Speaker 2: So back just.
Speaker 1: So, what else do we have going on here? These reductions, they're not permanent. They're going to stay in place for apparently ninety days, while China and the United States continued talks, talks led by Treasury Secretary of Scott Descent and US Trade Representative jameson Greer on the US side, of course, Vice Premier he Lifing is there on behalf of China, And of course this is good news from a market standpoint. I know the market's been reeling as a consequence of and waiting for what is going to you know, unfold with the tariffs in place. Oh, looky here, starting on the low side of the futures markets, Dow Jones Industrials up two percent, SMP five hundred north of two and a half percent and the nasdac's way up at north of three and a half percent, So looking rather good for the markets this morning given the developments here with tariff, So.
Speaker 2: Keep your fingers crossed.
Speaker 1: Cooler heads may ultimately prevail and we may end up getting some benefits out of this. I know we have a tremendous trade imbalance one point two billion dollar trade deficits specifically, so I know Trump is trying to put an end to that and balance things out a little bit. Of course, it's tough to compete with China given their low labor standard and cheap manufacturing.
Speaker 2: Costs and cheap energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cheap energy because they continue to build coal plants and don't care about global warming and cutting their personal throats in the name of reducing carbon output. Let us see here speaking of that kind of a red flag. PJM Interconnection the largest power grid operator in the United States and of course, well maybe not of course from It includes Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, a huge chunk of Kentucky, and some eastern seaboard states, so it's a large, large power grid operator. They issued a warning this past Friday extreme heat this summer could well deal with would run right into record energy demand for a variety of reasons. Ever, record energy demand extreme heat of course causes everybody's air conditions to turn on and go higher, but also the increase in electric vehicles and artificial intelligence on the grid a lot of additional power demand out there core to the grid operator. The season also marks the first time in pjm's annual assessment, however, that available generation capacity may fall short of required reserves in an extreme planning scenario that would result in an all time PJM peak load, specifically more than one hundred and sixty six thousand megawatts. They're just basically issuing you a warning that you know you may have your power shut off. Grid operator warned that a perfect storm of here we go, retiring fossil fuel plants, sluggish renewable energy growth, and soaring demand could trigger shortages for the first time. In a quote from PJMPGM continues to voice concerns about the supply and demand imbalance driven by generator retirements and the slow build of new resources in the face of accelerating demand growth. When can't keep a steady power source and we'd keep putting more and more and more and more demands on the grid. It's a recipe for absolute outright disaster. So and they do sub electric vehicles, AI data centers and other you know, the rush to electrification of everything. So they're warning about potential summer shortfalls a direct consequence of aggressive net zero and green energy policies which have destabilized power grids and driven prices higher, particularly here in the Mid Atlantic States. And you know, Duke already announced you're going to have an increase in your electricity charge. It's going to go up. So reliability down, price up. Exactly what we all want out of here, isn't it. It's crazy, gotting our own throats. And another interesting news, and I don't know if he can pull it off, but Donald Trump announced he's planning on signing an executive order today heard at the top of the ar news that will reduce the cost of prescription drugs and pharmaceuticals almost immediately, in his words, by thirty to eighty percent.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: And that's what yesterday on truth social media. For many years, the world has wondered why the prescription drugs and pharmaceuticals in the United States of America were so much higher in price than they were in any other nation, sometimes being five to ten times more expensive than the same drug manufactured in the exact same lab or plant by the same company. It was always difficult to explain and very embarrassing because in fact there was no correct or rightful answer, he said.
Speaker 2: Hmm. It continued.
Speaker 1: The pharmaceutical drug companies would say for years that it was research and development costs, that all these costs were and would be for no reason whatsoever, borne by the suckers of America alone. Campaign contributions can do wonders, but not with me and not with the Republican Party. So we're going to do the right things sometimes that the Democrats have fought for many years. Therefore, I I am police to announce it tomorrow. That will be today in the morning, at nine am. This morning, at nine I will be signing one of the most consequential executive vorders in our country's history. Prescription drug and pharmaceutical prices will be reduced almost immediately thirty to eighty percent. I will be instituting a most Favored Nations policy, he wrote, whereby the United States will pay the same price as the nation that pays the lowest price anywhere in the world. Our country will finally be treated fairly, and our citizens' health care costs will be reduced by numbers never seen through the even thought of before. Additionally, on top of everything else, the United States will save trillions of dollars. Well, can he pull that off through an executive order? I guess I'm just kind of wondering. I know there's a lot of contracts out there. Last month, he signed an executive vorder stand up using Medicare payments for prescription drugs, including those used for cancer patients, no matter where a patient receives treatment. Fact sheet said at the time the order could lower prices for patients more than sixty percent or also called to match Medicare payment for certain prescription drugs to the price the hospital's pay.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's the kind of a parallel you can draw that's up to thirty five percent lower than what the government pays to acquire the medications. So let me the looking out into the world, going back to his executive order for this morning, what's the lowest price out there? We're going to be matched. That's what we're going to pay. And it's noted that this will cause the price of pharmaceuticals globally to go up because the pharmaceuticals aren't going to walk away from profits. So assuming this is valid, and then he can do this and he can lower the price of pharmaceuticals here in the country to the lowest price that they are sold out in the world. Of course, I imagine the pharmaceutical company is going to raise the price out there in the world so they can again get some of the profit back.
Speaker 2: But isn't that.
Speaker 1: More fair? And it is kind of a mystery, how is it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I speak for John Roman to cover sensium. One of the ways he can save folks money is because he can arrange They have pharmaceuticals purchased from Canada, which is legal. Why does Canada get them a lot cheaper than the United States? What magic did they wield upon the pharmaceutical companies. Well, apparently it's because the pharmaceutical companies can force us to pay for them. You know, it's like global wealth distribution. We have more money than some country elsewhere, arago, we have to pay more to subsidize the purchase of pharmaceuticals in other countries. Yeah, I suppose talk amongst yourselves on that one, but I think it's a step in the right direction. I'm certain that the pharmaceutical companies will will take this thing to court, like literally everything Trump has been doing, but with the American people can benefit from this. And you're facing a really expensive monthly bill on pharmaceuticals and you think, wow, if this works, that bill's going to drop by thirty to eighty percent. That puts a smile on so many people's faces. Let's face it, at the vast majority of us are on some kind of pharmaceutical So we'll see anxious to hear what the uh the Democrats in the left have to say about this? Are they going to oppose it because Donald Trump is in favor of it. Even if opposition comes at the cost of you continuing to pay far more for your pharmaceuticals than any other country in the world, that's a dangerous ground for them to be taken. I'd argue U five point three seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two to three talk pound five fifty on at and T fund speaking of something about well, it doesn't require pharmaceuticals. QC Kinetics, the nation's leader in non surgical relief for joint pain. You know they've been at this for about eight years and they have more than fifty thousand satisfied patients, people with knee and back pain now living pain free, shoulder and hip pain gone. And it's not pharmaceuticals. You may be on pharmaceuticals right now because you're struggling with this pain and your doctor may have mentioned surgery, and you know that's going to cause downtime and there's risks associated with surgery. This is coming from your own body. Natural regenerative cell therapy to restore the tissue in your achy joints. Biologic growth factors taken from your body, concentrated in place exactly where that pain is. Powerful, impotent way to give your joints new life by repairing the old tissue. Sort of that naturally, if you think about it's in office procedure again, no drugs, no surgery involved, no downtime UH, and patient satisfaction reports are just amazing. So imagine doing all the things you want to do this set without being slowed down by that awful joint pain. Take them up on the offer or for a free consultation to find out if these treatments will be right for you or can be right for you, Dan Free. Here's the number three times in a row. You know I'm gonna do it. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 4: Fifty five the talk station, not everyone who handles youday.
Speaker 1: I'm a happy Monday to you. Five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty. You've got an AT and T phone. As we struggle with demands on the grid and apparently potential blackouts over the summer because of the extra demands on the grid and the reduction of power generation given this global shift to green power generation, which isn't reliable, that would definitely impact my decision whether or not to purchase an EV and apparently, accord to a new industry data compiled by Motor Intelligence, four point three percent declining US EV sales in April, while automobile sales jumped ten percent during the same time period. So people aren't buying the evs, but they're still buying more automobiles. Tesla model S down seventy one percent, Model X down thirty four percent, Cyber truck down thirty percent, Model Y down twenty two percent, Tesla Model three though jump twenty four percent. Rivian electric cars declined thirty three percent. Lucid did jump seven percent, so they sold more. Study from last year by mackenzie and Company found forty six percent of US EV drivers want to switch back to gas powered cars. Galloped At a survey, nearly half forty seven percent of Americans said they would not buy an electric vehicle. That's up from forty one percent the prior year, so not exactly well, you know, And here's the thing. If you're making an informed decision, you think, Wow. Pjam's the largest power grid, the old largest power provider in the Midwest, says it's going to have some problems keeping the lights on this summer. If demand bumps, how are you going to charge your car? Hey Pete, welcome to the Morning Show and a very happy Monday to you. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 5: Thanks Brian. How are we getting jabs on pharmaceuticals? I had a situations where I needed to braces and I checked to see if they were covered by Medicare, and they said they were. They were a thousand dollars each Medicare paid eight hundred and I was supposed to pay two hundred each. And I googled them on Google lens and that exact same brace is on there.
Speaker 3: For one hundred and thirty nine.
Speaker 5: So they're charging our government medicare me.
Speaker 6: They're trying to charge.
Speaker 5: Us ten times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what that thing?
Speaker 5: And that's retail. I bet that thing doesn't cost fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 5: If Trump can do with the pharmaceuticals, he needs to do it with all the appliances and all the because they are literally raping us on that and our government on that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes they are, and they get away with it. That's yeah, you're just the tip of the iceberg on that. There are a million stories along the same lines how the American taxpayers are getting ripped off along again paying too much for any given item that goes through a government payment program. Therein lies the challenge. Maybe we should unleast doze on that. That'd be a great idea, wouldn't it, And coming up local stories ormophone calls. I always appreciate hearing from you, prefer hearing from you. But we can do local stories.
Speaker 2: Do have some.
Speaker 1: But first, Peter Sharia Kellorwilliams seven Hill's awesome, outstanding. Everything they are is great. Number one real estate group, the only real estate group I'd ever consider hiring, whether I needed a buyer's agent or seller's agent. Five star experience is what you're going to get. Programs like the Instant Offer program where you don't want to show your house or paint it or do something well, that's I understand that show in the house can be a pain. You got to get out of the house and take care of the dogs. And while the agent shows it instant Offer, within forty eight hours of them seeing your house, you'll have a cash offer, which means you can close in like less than three weeks from that moment in time, and you're gone cash. The Keys program, Love It or Leave It, and the Patriot Program developed by veterans to help patriots buy and sell their homes police fire ems veterans. Ten percent of their commission is given back to you as a rebated closing just thanks to your service to our in commitment to our communities and country. So check it all out online seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com If you want to call them up today, I recommend you do five one, three, seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: In this week's Marketers Report, chata I says the.
Speaker 1: Following about your weather today, mostly cloudy, scattered showers and storms put no severe weather seventy two for the high fifty two overnight with isolated showers, possible clouds and scattered storms. Tomorrow with a high of seventy three down to sixty overnight with just a slight chance of rain and a partly cloudy oneesday with just a chance of rain and a high of seventy seven sixty four degrees right now for you got KRCV talk stations. Happy Monday mentioned the US and China green to these substantial tariff cuts ninety day pause at least while they hammer out more details and the markets continue to rise. Future's up s and p five and three quarters percent. That was up a little over two and the NASDAC geez up three point seventy five percent right now at least that's the future, so then those numbers have gone up since I mentioned the story at the top of the hour after the news.
Speaker 2: After the news was over.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phones and see what Tom's got today. Hey Tom, Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good morning. How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing pretty well all things considered. It is Monday, so you know, firing on just.
Speaker 2: Less than eight it is.
Speaker 6: It's just it's just another day in the long line of many as far as I'm concerned. So, but now, it was good. Yesterday I had a nice little Mother's day for the wife and a couple of your kids with us. Took her out to dinner and uh so we had a we had a good time.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a nice day for it. That's good. That's always that's always nice. When mom has a good day, everything usually goes well.
Speaker 2: You know that. Man, You know.
Speaker 6: That, hey, this this this what Trump is trying to do now what he's well been doing whatever, and especially this thing where he's he's starting to get in into these big pasta goal that these uh that the government has at least that's the way everybody looks at it. I agree. I've always had an issue with how much money the government has to pay for things as opposed to you know, normal private citizens or whatever stuff like that. You know, being in the construction industry. Whenever you're doing a government funded job, it's like everything just happens to cost a lot more because because there's the assumption that there's this big, bottomless pot of money that that people could dip into, you know, and then right now, I mean, I'm working at at the University of Cincinnati, so it's not just you see, it's the state of Ohio and uh. And they always seem to Hey, whatever you see wants, they're going to get. They they they want this now. Granted, a lot of the money for this facility is dotor uh. You know, donors have paid into it. So you know, that's fine. If people want to give hundreds of thousands or million dollars or whatever to support athletics or whatever, that's great.
Speaker 8: Good for you.
Speaker 6: That's your money. You do whatever you want with it. But when it comes to the state money, that's our money, that's our task dollars, and it is it is good to know that there's somebody out there who's saying, well, wait a second, we don't have to pay what peace say, ten times more or however many times more for something just because we're the government. That's not fair, that's not right, because it's not like we are the government. Yes, we can go print our own money, but it's got to come from somewhere, you know, and it's coming off out of our taxes and so. But he's walking on eggsdale. Now, let me let me put this, let me put this different. He's not walking on eggsdale. He's a pull in a China job. But he's going into territory where now you're starting to mess with these people's livelihood, these people who are involved in all these contracts, these people who have been getting the kick back to who are enjoying this surplus of money, and he's going to be messing with that. He's really going to start messing with people who are in positions of power. So uh yeah, it's it's gonna get disty here. But he's on the right track because he's trying to save you and I and that's regular taxpayers money, something that the Democrats don't seem to give a crap about. They enjoy the pluff, but they talk about it. They say all kinds of things about it. And to your point, you know, it's dangerous for Democrats to oppose this whole prescription drug thing, because haven't they been clamoring about lowering prescription drugs, and now here's somebody going to do it. Because it's not them, they might oppose it. Yeah, this is gonna get real disty and interesting, and I'm definitely going to make a bag of popcorn to put my feet up and pay attention to. Yeah, so Boote Democrats.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Tom. But consider the money trail. You know, you and I are funding the shouldering the burning of these thousand dollars prosthetic things or knee braces or whatever for Pete and ninety gazillion other people in the United States when you can find them on the open market for one hundred and fifty bucks. Scratch your head over that one. But consider the money trail. Pharmaceutical companies make a lot of money by negotiating those great contracts with government programs like Medicare Medicaid, and it makes them heap loads of money, money which they can funnel back into the pockets of politicians and maybe kickbacks and bribes.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Some of it be illegal, but there it is, a pot of money grows bigger for the pharmaceutical companies, and of course they reward those who reward them couple that with the fact that government doesn't have any incentive to act like a real business and watch out for the bottom line because they have an unlimited, well at least theoretically unlimited supply of money flowing into their coffers that they don't have to work for or earn taxpayer dollars, zero incentive to control the bottom line. So yeah, this is why I like Doze in the work that Doze has done because it reveals this insidious relationship between government, government officials, elected officials, and the American people that they purport to represent, and we find out that no, they're really not actually representing us. They just don't care. That's my conclusion on the whole thing. Eh, maybe you went over to Gate of Heaven Cemetery over the weekend and enjoy the peaceful, relaxing environment. What beautiful weather, and it's an ideal time to head or to Gate of a Gate of Heaven Cemetery of Montgomery and enjoy that gorgeous, beautifully maintained setting. It's a place for remembrance and reflection, but it's also a place for you to unload, unwind the winding roads and pathways, the monuments and the seasonal flowers, the trim lawns. It's just a beautiful, beautiful, tranquil atmosphere. So it's a perfect location for prayer and reflection, you know, at any time of the year, honestly, but wow, what an ideal time right now, just gorgeous. Open to everyone to enjoy. Gate to Heaven ministering to the Tri State for more than seventy seven years, an honoring life on sacred ground. To learn more, check out the website. It's Gate of Heaven dot com.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: What if you had an.
Speaker 1: It's five thirty nine on a Monday and happy one to get it stacked stupid in front of me. I will take phone calls. Oh if you call five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk fo five fifty on EIGHTEENC phones. Remember fifty five KRC dot comedy can't listen live to Tech Friday's Dave Hatter. Uh, you want to get a copy of Bill Pott's book Up for the Fights, about a cancer survivor. The Cincinnati Type in Print Museum is a thing, and what a cool thing it is. I found out about that through my mom got the guy from the Cincinni Type in Print Museum on the program and amazing trade career opportunities in the print field. I learned a lot from that guy. I'm just talking about, you know, the regular old school printing press. You're talking about modern printing techniques like for electronics and circuit boards and things. So anyway, career opportunities abound, and they teach you how to do that at the Cincinni Type in Print Museum. So that out fifty five caresee dot com.
Speaker 2: Over to the stack of stupid.
Speaker 1: Go to Las Vegas where a Capo cake shop employee said she was attacked by a customer over a disagreement involving a custom cake topper. Thank you, jos Strecker, you anticipated that one, the employee Astraman anonymous did. It happened March twenty second, while she was walking alone in the area of the cake shop, said his customer became upset after seeing the size of the custom cake topper. Or to the employee, sheh had her dog with her and her daughter, and I told her that there were no pets allowed in the shop, but she was visibly upset. So the customer became increasingly agitated over the size of the cake topper. Moments later that two ended up on the ground. And yes, there, of course is surveillance video which shows the customer and the employee violently fighting while the woman's daughter and dog look on. Employee said she suvered a bup in the head and whiplash, missed several days of work, and later went to the hospital where she was diagnosed.
Speaker 2: With next strain and hematoma.
Speaker 1: Employee filed a police report that she's pressing charges against the customer. Police there said a citation's not an issue, but they are actively looking for the customer. Employee has since left the cake shop, saying she no longer feels safe there. The woman who attacked her is still hasn't been found, which is upsetting to the former employee. Police said the woman could face misdemeanor battery charges size of a cake topper.
Speaker 9: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 2: I'll hold that thought, jos Jack.
Speaker 1: Are we got to Cadwell Parish or Caldwell Parish, Louisiana where a man there is facing charges after authorities say he intentionally ran over his father after a dispute about who would pay the bill at a Mexican restaurant. Sheriff's office arrested thirty seven year old Lucas Stowe charges a second degree murder in connection with the death of his father, sixty four year old Luther Stowe. Sheriff's farman got a call regarding a pedestrian being in the parking lot in front of the Gonzales Mexican restaurant in Columbia. About the same time, Official say reports also came in advising that an ambulance was needed in the parking lot. Authorities arrived, discovering a man who had been run over and appeared to have an extreme trauma. Victim who did later die at the hospital identified as Luther Stowe. Sheriff's office said Deputy Maxwell, who was off duty at the time, heard tires squealing nearby and looked up to see a body on the ground in a white fort he believed ran over the body. Leaving the parking lot. Authorities helped the victim. Maxwell left the parking lot in his personal truck to attempt to stop the vehicle. Deputy Lucas Stowe took Lucastow into custody after stopping his vehicle in front down the street transported a Callwell Parish annex. After interviewing witnesses, authority say the incident stemmed from a disagreement between the father and the son, but who had paid for the food at the restaurant. Video footage as from the scene showed Lucas Stowe getting into his car waiting for his father to exit the rest before allegedly rapidly accelerating running over the sixty four year old. Seriously, Perio is the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies. There's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche dump.
Speaker 4: Good going, douce.
Speaker 2: Your dreams have come.
Speaker 1: True as they sit here in contemplate, is, Joe, how much do you think a meal for two at a Mexican restaurant had to cost me?
Speaker 2: Thirty bucks?
Speaker 1: He killed his dad over something that was probably around a thirty dollars bill.
Speaker 2: Well, let's add tipping that.
Speaker 1: Maybe a couple of margaritas to take the I'll acknowledge that, Joe, but we can agree probably less than one hundred bucks go to Highlands County Florida, Florida man facing charges after he offered a Highland County deputies and alcoholic beverage following a bizarre pursuit three am or three pm. Rather deputy said thirty nine year old Richard Christopher Smith, Miami stole several items, including several alcoholic beverages, then walked out of the spring Lake Market Shortland.
Speaker 2: Four deputies arrived.
Speaker 1: They say Smith was in a black minivan driving circles around the store, then sped off, launching a pursuit ending several miles later in the parking lot of a business. During the pursuit, deputy say Smith held a can of Kettle I vodka sprits out the window as he drove by a deputy trying to stop him, telling the deputy quote, I was just going to give you a drink.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: As his tradition, Smith.
Speaker 1: Then attempted to ram two police vehicles in the middle of getting all four flat tires by spike strips, eventually tased, charged with two counts evaggravated as sold on law enforcement officer, battery and a law enforcement officer. Two councilors sisting arrests DUI refusal to submit to a dui and petty.
Speaker 2: Theft thet.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 1: Eh, you got an HVAC system, you're gonna even HVA company to work on it, maybe service it, maybe put on a maintenance program, and maybe it's gone belly up carry art. I've got to get a new carrier system, carrier comforence system, and you get it from Zimmer Heating and Colon, who for more than seventy five years, still represents the company that invented air condition that's carrier and make a great unit and massive savings with fifteen hundred and fifty bucks off. They've been making CINCINNTI area homes comfortable, safe, efficient for more than seventy five years. Family owner operator. They're proud of what they do. The customer service is outstanding and they do service more than just carriers, so you can count on them for all your HVAC needs. But if you've got to replace the system, it's the perfect time to do it with my friends from Zimmer Heating and Coaling. You can schedule a deployment to learn more about the services they offer by going to the website go Zimmer dot com upper right hand corner to schedule the appointment. Goes zimmer dot com. Here's the number to call him. Five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc dot com.
Speaker 2: Summertime means lots of home care, CD talk station. I'm happy Monday to you.
Speaker 1: Back over to the stack of Student, a brother of a South Carolina petting zoo owner apparently beaten to death by a kangaroo after going into the kangaroo's pen to roughhouse with it. Eric Slathe's body discovered inside the facility just before midnight Friday at the five Star Farm.
Speaker 2: Somewhat close to Myrtle Beach.
Speaker 1: According to the reportings, fifty two year old Slate had a history of stepping into the kangaroo's enclosure and roughhousing with it, which apparently is what was happening at the time of his death. That's according to local council member Mark Cowsey, speaking with the local Channel thirteen News, he said it just went south. Kangaroos still in the enclosure at the family owned farm when Slat's body was found. It's not clear which animal killed Slate, but he was found with multiple blunt force injuries. They say an adult male red kangaroo can weigh nearly two hundred pounds, grow five to eleven with the powerful feet for kicking.
Speaker 2: Back.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty two, an elderly man was killed by his pet kangaroo in Western Australia. That believed to be the first time a kangaroo killed a person in nearly ninety years. Five Star Farms apparently has an interactive petting view with petting zoo with exotic animals, including kangaroos. Kangaroo not aggressive and has not been euthanized, according to Kusey. He said, it's not an aggressive animal. It's very sad. It was not the animal's fault. Experts coming in to ensure that the enclosure is safe and the animals okay. South Carolina has some of the loosest restrictions in the United States on the ownership of exotic animals. It's one of only three states where kangaroo ownership isn't prohibited. I guess we learn something here. Don't rough house with kangaroos. We might have another word to give out, Joe, And this is absolutely discussed in California. Former Teacher of the Year sentence this past Friday to thirty years in prison for sexually abusing two of her sixth grade students, Jeez Louiz. Thirty six year old Jacqualine Mo pleaded guilty in February two counts a forcible loot acts on a child, one kind of loot acts on a child, and one kind of possessing child sexual abuse material, accord to San Diego County's District Attorney Office, District Attorney Summer Stuff and this defended Violet of the trust that she had with her students in the most extreme and traumatic way of traumatic grade possible, and her actions are despicable. Her victims will have to deal with a lifetime of negative effects, and her thirty year sentence is appropriate. She taught at Lincoln Acres Elementary School, Teacher of the Year for the twenty twenty two to twenty three school year. She addressed to the public and at sentencing, I abused my authority, I exerted my power control over them. I deceived them boys to sage should be playing outside, feeling carefree. I ripped away their childhood. Yeah you did. She also admitted that she disgraced the teaching profession. I lied to their faces while secretly abusing their son. She said, I just pray for extra protection and strength for those affected. Apparently groomed the young boys with gifts, food, and special attention and completed her homework for them. Court of the District Attorney's office. Arrested in March of twenty three, the year she got her award after prosecutor say she's the parents of a twelve year old boy discovered inappropriate message on a family tablet. Parents did not allow the boy to have social media or his own electronics, yet she was able to communicate with him through an unsanctioned after school program through a school chat app. Groomed the boy for over a year before she has sexually assaulted in the classroom over a period of three months while his parents believed he was participating in an after school basketball program. What are your children out there doing?
Speaker 8: This?
Speaker 1: One was in a position of high trust in local parentice under the law, That's why she got thirty years. She has to serve the full thirty years before she's eligible for parole, so she'll be sixty six before she has a chance to get out.
Speaker 10: Peris the biggest doucheo secutiverse in all the galaxies. There's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche dum good going doues.
Speaker 2: Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 1: And I know we have the Internet now, and I know you're gonna hear about stories like this because they shock the conscience and you think to yourself. You know, for years and years and years, it was always the male teachers molesting, you know, it was always priest molesting boys or whatever. It was always a male molesting whoever the recipient of the molestation was. But all these stories of late involved female teachers molesting younger kids and the twelve year olds. It's thirty six, for God's sake. I just can't trust anybody these days. I spect five afty five fifty five kresit detalk station more to talk about in the six o'clock hour. I'd love to hear from you too. If you got something to say, feel free to call me right back after the news.
Speaker 4: Another update coming up.
Speaker 9: The day's top story's at the top of the hours Important.
Speaker 4: Issues that are facing this country.
Speaker 1: On fifty five krs the talk station six six to about the rc DE talk station, A very happy Monday, to you by time it's opening. Everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day and salute to all the moms out there. I know we had a wonderful time hanging out with my mom, and of course my wife appreciate what she's done in terms of raising our children. Couldn't have done it without her. Matter of fact, I've often joked, I don't know if my children will be alive if it weren't for my wife. Yeah, I'm that critical of myself, at least in terms of, you know, healthcare. Most notably, I'm married a nurse. He Yeah, she was a lawyer, but also previously served as a nurse. So that's a smart that's a smart move. I always give myself credit for marrying outside my element out kicking my coverage. You can find yourself a nurse. Let me tell you what that is an outstanding thing to do. Coming up fifty five car see Morning show Christopher Smith been every Monday at seven twenty for the Smith Event, former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Fast forward two hours Money Money with Brian James and some topics which may change in a lot of the really important announcement that's released about us coming to a tariff cuts with China. We've reached an agreement to at least pause some of the really really significant tariffs for at least ninety days while they hammered out additional details. Brian Jane's gonna be talking about global shipping down, empty shelves, four lease signs and lay off, moving away from that student loans now do and is there going to be a housing market correction. So that's with Brian James again coming up in a couple of hours, followed by doctor Robert Malone, who's going to be doing the final empower Use seminar for the year injuries from the COVID vaccine and what particular diseases and problems of COVID nineteen vaccines have cost. More and more information coming out about that every single day. Feel free to direct the topic of conversation. We got something to say five three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk and pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Yeah, the substantial tariff cuts we agreed to with China have really had a profound impact on market futures. Uh, it's a good day to be invested in the market. If the trend continues during trading hours, just shy a four percent Nasdaq increase, more than two percent for the Dow and right now just under three percent increase for the S and P five hundred and so indication that people are happy about these the pause and these tariffs. Both sides are going to cut retaliatory levees then to ten percent, although there's a separate twenty percent tariff. The President opposed on what he described his channel's role in the fentyl trade, and that will remain in place. But the one hundred and twenty five percent reciprocal tariff now down to just ten percent, and Trump's leading a ten percent flat tariff across all countries. And they're currently still negotiating with a variety of other countries. And of course last week we reached an agreement with Britain, which was, you know, a step in the right direction. And this is what Trump promised to do. You know, you throw these tariffs on everybody, and trust me, I kind of little concerned about him as a strategy. But if they are harmed or their economies are going to be harmed by them, then it forces them to the negotiation table where maybe we can come up with something a little bit more practical that benefits both countries, and that's all Trump was trying to do. So anyway, the markets really have reacted favorably to this, and I think you and I will react favorably if our pharmaceutical prices come down, and that's one thing that Trump has promised to do today with this executive order. Now I have to qualify it and say, I'm certain that we're going to see litigation over this. Can Donald Trump unilaterally declare a most Favored Nations policy? So after a long witted ramp up to why he's doing this, with our pharmaceutical prices will far in excess of what the rest of the world pays, up to five to ten times more than what pharmaceutical companies starts for the exact same pharmaceutical, as he pointed out, made in the exact same plant. Why are we all paying that much more? So the executiveorder is supposed to be signed today, it will be instituting a most Favored Nations policy, whereby the United States will pay the same price as the nation that pays the lowest price anywhere in the world, saying our country will finally be treated fairly in our citizens' health care costs will be reduced by numbers never before even thought of before claiming a thirty eighty percent reduction almost immediately, So keep your popcorn out and keep your fingers crossed that this actually works. Now, it's going to be much of the chagrant of the other nations in the world, who presumably are going to having to pay more. I can't see pharmaceutical companies walking away from their profit margins, which have been bolstered by what we pay on the price of medications. But apparently drug prices have jumped significantly in recent years. Between January twenty two and twenty three, prescription drug prices rose more than fifteen percent and reached an average of five hundred and ninety dollars per drug product. That's courting the Department of Health and Human Services information Shoosh. Of the four thousand, two hundre prescription drugs included in the list, forty six percent of the price increases exceeded the rate of inflation. So you think there's something nefarious going on out here and the price of pharmaceuticals. I know we all have had that sort of feeling for years and years and year, But we have been subsidizing research and development for the pharmaceutical companies, and why did the other countries always get the benefit of well us carrying the water. So I like the idea, and I'm really anxious to see how the Democrats react to this. Now you can imagine the pharmaceutical companies wanting to run into court to try to stop this from happening. But what are the Democrats going to say? Is this something that they're against? Are they going to make some sort of socialist wealth redistribution argument in favor of the other countries getting the benefit of us paying so much more for pharmaceuticals ergoes subsidizing their low cost I mean, that's the only road I can see them going down, because everybody's clamoring for lower prices in pharmaceuticals. Democrats get pharmaceuticals, Republicans do. Everybody does, and with inflationary pressures we're all facing. This seems like a win win sort of bipartisan perhaps outcome. Who could argue with that? In as well, Democrats always figure a way out. If Trump does something, then they're against it, period, end of story. So I'm waiting with my popcorn out. There's sort of a grin on my face, wondering how they're going to wrestle with this one. What would you say to that? No, Trump, don't, don't. Don't lower pharmaceutical prices for American citizens. We need to subsidize the rest of the world. I don't know that that flies. So I think that's going to be the more interesting component of it. Democrats reaction. Uh, let us see here. Oh, this this is fantastic. So last Friday, the Ohio Republican Party Central State Central Committee endorsed Dave ek Ramaswami for governor and Senator John Houston for well his Senate bid. He's got to get re elected or he's got to get elected because he was appointed to that Senate position. So VvE went, I mean he walked away with it secret ballot. He needed forty four yes votes. Vive got sixty to three. And that's in spite of Governor Mike the Wine's efforts to try to well to tank support for vivik Ramaswamy. What he was trying to do in the lead up to the vote. He was lobbying hard to block this vote from happening. The governor apparently himself, making calls claiming it was too early to endorse anyone, just ahead of Tressel's Thursday night statement that he was going to run for the for the Governor's office Lieutenant governor. Jim Trussell football coach. I love how they add that in there. It's like every time you mentioned Elon musk you gotta mention billionaire Elon musk Well football coach Jim Trussell appointed by governor to Wine for lieutenant governor with the shape he hadn't yet formerly endorsed, And so Dwine was running around trying to make the arguments that declarations of candidacy aren't due until February fourth of next year. Oh, it's too early, it's too early, many claiming that he wanted a delay on this vote so he could sort of go around and argue why Tressel was a viable and more and better candidate than the very very popular check out your polls Viva Ramaswami Dwaine saying regarding an endorsement being premature, as far as who I endorse in the Republican primary for governor, it's much too early right as.
Speaker 2: We do not know who all will be in the race.
Speaker 1: One of the Essential Committee members speaking with the Ohio Press Network, unidentified individual making the statement, Dwain is trying to buy time as a man in Ohio politics for almost fifty years, his connections would afford him the chance to make party members knuckle under and bowed his demands in the long run, claiming this effort exposes Dwine's delay as a power grab and not a procedural concern. Well, you know, I dewines fading from the limelight. Yeah, fifty years, it's not his night. It's time for him to move on. Why would he want to struggle to maintain some sort of power in the form of Lieutenant Governor Jim Trussel? And would you vote for him for governor? Youvey Gramma Swammy polling huge in the state of Ohio seventy one percent poll recently conducted surveying the Ohio GOP primary landscape vvik Ramaswammy grabbing seventy one percent of the Republican vote, sixty five percent net favorability rating, and of course Donald Trump's endorsement didn't harm him in that regard. So I think this is a significant indication again sixty to three supporting Ramas. I mean, the wine apparently no longer carries any power in Columbus. I know, Joe, That's exactly how I felt about it. Time for a new guard, and I think the bank is going to do a wonderful job. I would argue when he gets elected next governor of the state of Ohio. USA's premium film does a wonderful job. And I talk about it in the forms of return on investment. You know your markets are futures are trending up today. You may make some money today in the market, but you make by saving money every single month if you're using your HVAC system with USA's Premium Foam guaranteed savings on your energy bill. Energy bills which keep going up and up and up, so with the rising costs the heat and air conditioning your home, save your money and have your home far more comfortable. By getting your home injected with the highest R value foam on the market, you could save up the fifty percent of utility bills you could, and a lot of people have. It's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. So do the math on what your average utility bill is and think, hmm, it pays for itself, and it does, and it'll continue to well keep money in your pocket long after it's been paid off. Plus it's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. That's special still going on for the folks at USA Insulation. All starts with a free inspection and free quote. Are you under insulated? Perhaps maybe no insulation in the walls home built before mid seventies no insulation, and then right after that you have a period of time where they didn't have sufficient R value and what you've got is probably deteriorated. So add the phone to what you got and enjoy the savings and comfort improvement. You're eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year when you do in your taxes. There's no downside in this at all. Five one three three eight one three sixty two six three eight one foam online. You can learn more. Go to Usainsulation dot net. Fifty five KRC the talk station. Hey, if you're listening to me right six twenty two and fifty five KRCD Talk Station, can you feel free to call like five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk how five fifty on at and t Bump. So as I contemplated how the Democrats are going to try to navigate Trump while slashing drug prices. If he can get away with it with an executive order, you and I will pay the same price as the nations out there in the world that pay the lowest price anywhere in the world, most favored nations policies what this executive order basically is boiled down to. So as I contemplate how the left is going to react to that, because anything Trump does is bad, I was drawn to this survey Rasmusen poll Maybe which reflect the level of well Trump and Musk derangement syndrome. Survey found that eighty percent of Americans identifying as liberal would like to see Elon Musk thrown in prison because of his involvement with the Department of Government Efficiency. Now contemplate that for a moment, the guy who's responsible for enlightening all of us about the fraud, waste, and abuse in government, the guy that is responsible for letting us know that they had hundreds of thousands of literally dead people on the Social Security active ranks. The guy that discovered USA and all the batcrab crazy programs that you and I were funding while we dig ourselves in a deficit hole. Bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. Nothing nothing, I guess should be cut according to these crazies. Poll found that almost three quarters of Democrats want Musk in jail. When extended to those describing themselves as liberal, the amount rises to eighty percent, So Democrats three quarters of Democrats generally speaking, and the far liberal ranks of the Democrats eighty percent. Question quote, would you support a hypothetical law that would imprison Elon Musk for his role in Doge?
Speaker 2: That's it was.
Speaker 1: A telephone and online survey one thousand and sixty seven US likely voters found that fifty four percent of likely voters would support a hypothetical law I'm prisoning Musk fors rolling Doge. Thirty nine percent who would strongly support such a law. A more moderate sixty eight percent say with a support of law banning Musk from being involved in any way with government. And they basic it they presumed, and I guess it's safe for them to presume. It's because well, he is supportive of President Trump. Trump appointed him, and therefore it's bad really, that's all it takes. Going back to my comment about slashing the drug prices, because if Trump is successful in slashing your drug prices eighty percent, they're going to argue it's bad because well, Trump did it, Trump apported Elon Musk. Elon Musk has done valuable work on behalf of trying to save our hard earned taxpayer dollars. Whether they came out of a lefti's pocket or a conservative person's pocket or anybody in between, all Americans pockets are paying for this wasted abuse, and somehow that's bad.
Speaker 2: How do you justify claiming that it's bad.
Speaker 1: Justicin Haskins, Senior fell at the Heartland in Stude, who co conducted the pole with Rastus, He said, the fact that a majority of Democratic voters would support imprisoning Musk for trying to make government more efficient is a shocking indictment of the modern left, which has become increasingly more tyrannical in recent years. Yeah, so we've reached a point where many Americans would rather unjustly punish innovation that fixes the broken systems Musk was trying to reform. This is the hill that they want to die on. It seems like an odd place to die. And I think the work that Elon Musk is doing it doesn't bear a partisan stripe. Yes, he is an appointee of Donald Trump, but you know that's where your fault with him should end. Look what he has accomplished and how you can find fault with it foreign exchange. You can't find any fault with foreign exchange. Just had another foreign exchange experience with a big one on the spark plugs and the brake fluid and oil change and cabin filter and engine filters and all that. And yes it was an expensive repair job, but I know, I'm I'm convinced I probably saved about one thousand dollars going to foreign Exchange and not going to the dealer. That's right, regular maintenance and upkeep kind of thing. And you know that's not covered under warranty, which is why my up until just about a month or two ago, my under warranty car has always gone to foreign Exchange for things like oil change, where every time I changed my oil there I save about two hundred dollars over the dealer. That's savings. And it's just mind boggling, isn't it. But a se certified master technicians working on it. In the case of oil, same oil, same filter, serious money savings, and they of course have data access to all the manufacturers technical information. Hit a guy in there with a hondo I told the story. The dealer told him that there were no codes thrown in spite of the fact he was saving them difficulty. Well, Austin and the team at Foreign Exchange West Sister had the exact same software Hondi uses and they hooked it up and Lord almighty, they were all kinds of codes that have been thrown. Now, why would the dealer mislead somebody, Well, because it was under warranty. I think it was because they didn't want to have to pay for the repair. So off he went with a list of codes to go back to the dealer and show it to them. And then they said, oh, yeah, you're right, and they went at it, fixed it. Something Foreign Exchange can do for you You get a full warranty on all the parts and service that they provide on your car, and it always is going to be your satisfaction. Great with customer service. They are Westchester location, Tylersville exit off of seventy five, go east, turn right on Kingland.
Speaker 2: Just two streets hanging right.
Speaker 1: Call them up five one, three, six, four six twenty six tell them all. Brian said, ho whing you do? Five one three, six, four four twenty six, twenty six Online it's foreign x fourm theletterax dot.
Speaker 4: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Six thirty one.
Speaker 1: If if you have KERCD talk station, hope you're having a decent Monday. Stick around for Christopher Smithman coming up at seven twenty Monday Monday with Brian James every Monday at eight oh five and doctor Robert Malone doing an empower Use seminar on the injuries from COVID vaccine. Last empower Use seminar of the season, so look forward to another semester this fall. Let us see here, dun, dun local stories since at police officer taken to the hospital after driver collided with the priests police cruiser. Happened at Walnut Hills early on Sunday morning, three point thirty am, near the Marathon Gas station on Gilbert Avenue. Officer was responding to another crash FOX nineteen reporting at the time of the collision. The officer was inside the cruiser and was subsequently taken to the hospital dispatcher said the officer is expected to be okay, Thank God. Dispatcher say officers not currently searching for a suspect, as the driver of the other vehicle remained on the scene. Not clear whether the driver is facing any charges or if anybody's taken into custody. Prayers for the officer and his family.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: Local sightings of brewed fourteen cicadas have been spotted, according to report on a free app called You Ready Cicada Safari. That app created by doctor Jean Kritzky, author and biology professor Mount Saint Joe University to map where certain species of cicada has been reported.
Speaker 2: See here.
Speaker 1: At a large emergence, you'll see a million and a half cicadas per acre, he said. That's acreage under trees. Cordinga to doctor Kris Kritsky, that's a million and a half cicadas. Let us see bottom this food, Jane. They are beetless and spiders feasting on nymph cicadas. I guess as we speak, the average tree will have probably forty thousand eggs and it and probably only five thousand to seven thousand, one thousand eggs will have nymphs come out of the ground, according to doctor Krinsky, so the mortality underground is very intense.
Speaker 2: Said.
Speaker 1: Cicadas are not necessarily past They don't hurt gardens, they won't carry disease, they don't bite, But the impact the ecology around them that homeowners need to know about, He said, I would advise any homeowner this year, especially on the east side of Cincinnati, who is planning on replacing some trees, do it after the first of July. If they have to be in an area where there's a large emergence, all these cicadas will fly in and start laying eggs in the few branches they have, and this will kill the small tree. May twelfth, he generally forecast the day for cicadas to start emerging from the ground or emerge I guess.
Speaker 2: In earnest.
Speaker 1: Man arrested after hours long swat stand off in Berlin and Burlington started late Saturday night at corner Major Phillip A. Rigil, a spokesperson with the Boom County Sheriff's office, he said twenty nine year old Kyle Wilson arrested in a charge of one kind of strangulation to one kind of assault. Deputies called about quarter to ten pm to the eighty two hundred block of East Bend Road for domestic violence call. Victim reported Wilson at assaulted ear and strangled her outside the home corner. Major Rigel shared a video shared a victim mentioned Wilson might have been armed. Concerned for the safety, the victim quickly left the home with her children, who were inside during the incident. Deputies corroborated with the victims that she had injuries consisted with assault and strangulation. Deputies arrived that he spent several hours trying to negot with Wilson. Major Rigel said Wilson remain uncooperative. However, during this time, deputies obtained and arrest warrant. Sheriff Hill called the SWAT team in and everybody worked together to keep negotiations going. Once they got on site, Rigil said Wilson eventually came onto the porch didn't surrender, though during this period, SWAT team discharge a less less lethal munition, which Rigel said provided proved effective. Wilson placed underrest held the Boon County Jail on a one hundred thousand dollars cash bond.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Apparently, there was a two point eight magnitude earthquake registered in central Kentucky May eleventh. Prior to that, at four point one magnitude earthquake in Tennessee also felt in Kentucky, so Central Kentucky's where it happened early hours May eleventh. Corner of the report from the US Geological Survey. Day after that, other larger earthquake in Tennessee said a late of Kentucky earthquake originated at three forty one am near the Gerard Jessamine County line, twenty five miles south of Lexington. To the rupture eighteen and a half miles deep, which is considered shallow according to reporting here on the enquire Reports of weak shaking we're submitted from Lexington, Georgetown, and cities in Tennessee, Ohio, North Carolina, and Georgia. No reports of injuries or structural damage from the earthquake. Earthquakes under five point four magnitude are only expected to cause minor damages, according to research from the Michigan Technological University. It's kind of strange you get earthquakes in this area of the country five or six thirty six Right now. If you five KRCD talk station, a strong recommendation. If you need a plumber, you need plump type plumbing, it's always plumbing done right. Then they know you deserve better, so they give you better, better customer service, the right price, and a well licensed professionals doing the work for you with no service fees, free estimates. They enjoy an a plus with a better business bureer and they've been around a long long time, locally owned and operated.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: They'll they'll deal with your some pump and fix that problem you're facing. They'll deal with the clog drains, multiple clog drains and along with some foul odors that could be assigned. Your sewer line needs replacement or repair, and they do trenchless sewer line repairs so they don't have to dig up your yard to fix that sewer line. So pay attention to that and call them up for the inspection if you haven't a problem along those lines. Plus, if it's time to replace your water heater, hey go tankless pump tight the Tri State's number one installer of tankless water heater, save yourself a heapload of space, lower energy bills, unlimited hot water, and they last a lot longer than the conventional traditional tanks. They more than twenty years from a tankless You might get ten, maybe fifteen from a traditional tank, and then you be replacing it again. So go tankless with plumb tight plumbing. It's always plumbing done right online plumb tight, t te plum Tight dot com five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three five one three seven two seven Tight.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Yet rip up Carency detalk station, Happy Monday, Smith Event Monday and Money Monday with Brian James over at fifty five Carecy dot Com had a very enlightening Friday, always enlightening because we get tech Friday with Dave Hatter, but also the Alzheimer's Association of Cincinnati with facts and figures that are rather alarming, but also some optimism and connection with the direction we're going with Alzheimer's research, so very very informative knows. Notably, I obviously have a very close connection with Alzheimer's given what happened to my father. So I'd love for them to come up with a cure, Lord Almighty, just I mean as much as I'd love for cure for cancer. Speaking of cancer, Bill Potts's book Up for the Fight, five time cancer survivor with some great information on how to cope and keep your motivation up and resources that are available. So if you're one that's struggling with cancer, I loved one in your world is get a copy of the book Up for the Fight. Plus learn about the Cincinnati Type in Print Museum. Thanks to my mom for bringing that one to my attention. She took a tour of it and just found it absolutely fascinating. And Lord Almighty, the career opportunit unities, I mean career opportunities, good paying jobs in the print economy. And it's modern printing. You know, we're not talking about, you know, newspapers. We're talking about printing things like circuit boards using ink to conduct the electricity. So young people can learn a lot at the cincinn Type in Print Museum and find themselves a career. Let's see here, I thought, and you know, speaking of issues of tech, I'll pivot over to the tech component of this because it's something I've been warning about. And oh lo and behold here it is. So we start with House Democrats from New Jersey went to an immigration and customs enforced detention center and it evolved into a scuffle with federal agents. Now they may be facing arrest. One of them did get arrested. Part of the Department of Homeland Security. Lawmakers Lamanica Macuiver, Bonnie Watson Coleman, and Rob Menendez broke into the Delaney Hall Detention Center along with Newark Mayor Razbacara. Razbacara arrested in charge with tres passing. Now authorities are claiming an ICE agent was assaulted in the confrontation and that it was caught on camera. Noticed my emphasis there on that component of the reporting. Department Homeland Security Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin said, if it was a typical US citizen and they tried to storm into a detention fill facility that's housing dangerous criminals, or any person at all, they would be arrested. Just because you're a member of Congress or just because you're a public official does not mean you're above the law. Giver escalated her claims during a press conference, claiming she was assaulted by multiple ICE officers while regional directors of ICE watched it happen. DHS footage posted on X on Saturday appeared to show mcgiver barreling unprovoked through a law enforcement near the gate. DHS caption watch US Congresswoman Laura Lamonica mcgiver, wearing red blazer, storms the gate of Delaney Haul Attemp Center, assaulting an ICE agent. Watson Coleman accused an ICE agent of shoving her, claiming to be exercising or oversight authority as members of Congress, DHS did confirm that many of the folks that are being helded in that detention center are murderers, terrorist child rapists, and MS thirteen gang members, which makes you scratch your head and wonder why our elected officials, who are supposed to be re representing the interests of their constituents, would care so much about the rapists and murderers and other well criminals that are being housed in the facility. They also accused Elina Habba, us attorney for New Jersey, of repeatedly making interaccurate, inflammatory, and unfair public statements. Haba, the US attorney for New Jersey, wrote on Friday, the mayor of Newark, Rosbakara, committed trespass and ignored multiple warnings from Homeland security investigations to remove himself from the ICE Detention Center in New York. His willingly chosen distant, he willingly chosen to disregard the law that will not stand in this state. He's been taken into custody, so they're now talking about maybe arresting the other three elected officials. Here's where I thought, this is where the tech part comes in and something I've commented on before. Bonnie Watson, one of the ones that broke in, claimed on Saturday that ICE officials would use in his word or her word, manufactured footage to make it appear as though law enforcement agents were body slammed during the arrest of Newark Mayor roj Pacara.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Bonnie Watson Coleman said, we were there for a tour. ICE was giving us the run around. We finally got into a facility, we heard some noise, We came out. We found that the mayor was there, and they were and ICE was having conversations with him. They asked him to lead the facility. He left the facility. Oh makes it paint such a vanilla picture, doesn't it? The host on the show, So your interpretation, you know, your use of words is very different from the spokesperson for DHS, who was on CNN. She used the words body slamming, saying that the major and the mayor rather and other members of Congress were body slamming, and we're being rough with ICE officials. You're disputing that response to Watson Coleman, Yeah, so how ridiculous does that sound? There are two hundred pounds. We've got about thirty five pounds worth of stuff around them, including a gun on their arms. Can tell you what I think about what they're saying. President of the United States, here we go, pivoting over to Trump. President of the United States opens his mouth every day and lies. He can can't breathe without lying. He's given permission to his cabinet and those who work for him to lie. And she's lying too.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: Spokes are the interviewers. The d spokesperson I mentioned who was on the air earlier, is saying that the videotape, the body cam that would be released later would show the violent nature of the mayor and others body slamming. We don't see that on this videotape, Watson Coleman.
Speaker 2: Here we are.
Speaker 1: This is going to be the default defense for anybody who's being accused of a crime. No, if there's any such body, any kind of footage, it is footage that is manufactured for this purpose. Because I said it before and I'll say it again, they are lying. So Trump administration is incapable of telling any form of truth whatsoever. Ergo anybody within the ministration who has evidence of a crime. Don't believe your own eyes. They made it up in the world of artificial intelligence. Like I've been warning, this is where I see the breakdown in the criminal justice system. Reasonable doubt. You go to court and you claim it's fake, even though you have no evidence that it's fake. It's hard to tell AI created footage from real footage, But there it is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: My retort to that would be, what of the other people who are witnesses there? What are the other people who are standing around and can confirm the accuracy of the video footage itself to the extent they can. So you'll have video footage, and then you'll have all this witness testimony saying Yep, that's exactly what I saw. That's not fake, it's real. It's consistent with my own eyeballs and what was going on that day. I'm just worried about that. It's six p forty eight right now. If you have kc detalk station, feel free to call in. Got a couple of minutes before you hit the top of the hour, and the news first Emory Federal Credit Union. Get a calendar out, get your cell phone out, your smartphone, mark the date June seventh, which is a Saturday, between nine am and one pm. Everybody is welcome to have their well, personal and confidential documents any unnecessary documents shredded. Emory Federal Credit Union's annual shred event again Saturday, June seventh, nine am to one pm, all three locations, Blue Ash, Liberty Township in Western Hills. Shredding protects your personal information and we'll give you a peace of mind knowing your documents have been safely and thoroughly destroyed. No charge to you, And again everyone is welcome. Go to EMORYFCU dot org for all the details and learn about why it's a better way to bank. I love Memory Federal Credit Union, EMORYFCU dot org, Federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC six.
Speaker 1: Fifty three f fifty five KRC DE talk station and Happy Monday to you. Monday Monday with Brian James Jato five preceded by Christopher Smithman joined the program every Monday at seven twenty and doctor Robert Loan, which what will prove to be a very interesting last empower you seminar for the spring semester injuries from the COVID nineteen vaccine. He'll be on the program at eight forty to talk about that. Get a little tease of information. You'll be finding out which injuries did COVID mRNA vaccine cause, of course, the Trump administration launched Operation Warp Speed. Public didn't understand the COVID vaccines being developed were not traditional attenuated virus vaccines. It's experimental mRNA biotechnology. And we've learned a lot over the years about the significant downside that I've had quite a few guests on the more should have talk about the research they were doing and people who were metaphorically crucified in the medical field lost their license because they spoke truth to power and that what they were saying at the time ends up being accurate. Just disturbing. I feel like you're being lying to. I think there may be something to that real quick here, I thought this was rather interesting. If your state is having a budget issue, then sue Meta if you've got a law that protects privacy for the state residence. Google agreed to pay one point four billion dollars to the State of Texas to settle allegations that they violated the data privacy rights of State of Texas residents. Announcement by Attorney General Ken Paxon on Friday. Fax And sued Google in twenty two for unlawfully tracking and collecting users private data, something Dave hat Or warns about all the time. Do not use Meta products period into story. That's advised from Dave Hatter Take it or leave it. This is kind of proof of what Day's been talking about for years on this program, Tourny General said. The settlement, which covers allegations in two separate lawsuits against the search engine giant, dwarf the past settlements by other states with Google for similar violations at ten months. This settlement ten months after Packston obtained one point four billion dollars settlement for Texas from Meta, parent company of Facebook and Instagram to resolve claims of an authorized use of biometric data by users on the social media platforms, saying in Texas, big tech is not above the law. That for years Google secretly track people's movements, private searches, and even their voice prints and facial geometry through their products and services, so that I fought back in one calling it a major win for Texans privacy and tells the companies that they will pay for abusing the trust. And I always puzzle over this. Do you think any of the residents of the state of Texas are going to get a slice of the one point four billion dollars since it was individuals privacy rights that were violated. I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. So anyway, that's a nice windfall for the state of Texas. Maybe taking maybe maybe they'll just offer some tax relief for the Texans. That wouldn't count on that either. Six fifty six. If you have KRC the Talk Station, don't go away. Plenty to talk about at the top of the air and is I love to hear from you though there's something out there you want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Feel free to give me a call. I'll be right back.
Speaker 9: Stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: That's so important.
Speaker 9: Another update coming up on fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by the.
Speaker 1: Seven oh six. If you've got KRCV talk station, hope you're having a happy Monday again, delated Happy Mother's Day with all the moms out there.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 1: Spend some time with mom or remembered your mom if you no.
Speaker 2: Longer have your mom in your world.
Speaker 1: Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on eight and T phones if you care to call, maybe steer the direction of the conversation.
Speaker 2: I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: Christopher Smithvan's I'm coming up in the next segment seven twenty for the East Smithervan every Monday at seven twenty. In the meantime, big story this morning, and it's really impacted the market. Futures going crazy this morning. Uh US and China agreed to the substantial tariff cuts periminary agreement freezes. The Trump tariffs are going to go down to ten percent, although the twenty percent tariff on China is because of the fentanyl trade that's going to stay in place. But the balance of them, they get rid of the one hundred and twenty five percent tariff, so down to ten percent, which is the default tariff on all countries, I mean pending some negotiation to resolve them further. The one hundred and seventy countries out there, and the administration is haggling with them. Of course, we edited an agreement with Britain last week, which is a great milestone to be crossed. So if you build them, they will come to the table. I guess that's the idea and Trump. That's what Trump predicted would happen. So in the meantime, if you are invested in the market, it looks like a good day to having been invested in the market, and they've been rising all morning. Futures as a consequence of this revelation. The Nasdaq is up four percent, a little over four percent this morning, the Dow up two point four five percent, and the S and P five hundred north of three. So you get three point one percent futures increase, which according to the reporting, takes us back and we get all the gains that we lost after Trump announced the tariffs in April. So what we lost then we recovered is April second, on Liberation Day, when the tariffs sent to the market's into a well bit of a tail spend. So that's positive information, and you know there may be some light at the end of the tunnel here, so keep your fingers crossed. Cooler head prevail and we end up with a better deal, which is all Trump was looking for in the first instance. And the other big story this morning, and we'll wait for the executive order to be signed, but he announced yesterday he would be signing one to lower pharmaceutical prices here in the United States. He said almost immediately, thirty to eighty percent reduction, because he's implementing what he's calling the Most Favored Nations policy. Now, all the other countries in the world pay a fraction of what we pay for pharmaceuticals. It's always been argued that, you know, we have to pay the cost of research and development. Without the United States pharmaceutical prices being so high, no one would have these valuable drugs. But how is it that other nations can negotiate a sweetheart deal and to the exclusion of the United States. Well, Trump's seeking to put an end to that, and I know there's going to at least I anticipate litigation. I will be instituting a most Favored Nations policy, whereby the United States will pay the same price as the nation that pays the lowest price anywhere in the world. Our country will finally be treated fairly, and our citizens' health care costs will be reduced by numbers never thought even, numbers never even thought of before, pardon me. Additionally, on top of everything else, the US will save trillions of dollars. Well, it's gonna be great if it works out. And again, all morning, I've been sort of commenting on how the Democrats going to react to this, because you know, evil Orange Man. If Trump does it, it's bad. But this is good for everybody if it works out. And it's gonna result in other countries having to pay more for pharmaceuticals. It has been noted in the reporting. So they're gonna have to get their profits somewhere. There's no way they're going to walk away from it. Maybe they'll start charging maybe put my friends in Canada more for pharmaceuticals. Apparently you can get a sweetheart deal by getting your pharmaceuticals through a Canadian pharmacy.
Speaker 2: How is that.
Speaker 1: We'll see how it works out. I'm still the Democrat reaction is really what I'm waiting for on that one. But I wanted to give props to my friends in Indiana. I saw this op ed piece, and you know, charting the path for maybe states like Ohio to give students choice in education, which does boost their overall scoring. It's better education when you have a choice. Indiana a leader is Wall Street Journal op ed piece. Indian has been a leader in expanding a school choice for K through twelve students, and better student achievement results have followed. Now, Indiana lawmakers are building on that success by expanding access to private and charter schools. Governor Mike Brown last week sign a budget that opens school choice to every Hoosier girl and boy. State's voucher program already generous, covering about six thousand dollars of private school tuition for most families earning less than two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year, the new law eliminates the limits beginning next year. Like traditional public schools, the voucher program will no longer turn away students based on their family's income. Lawmakers also putting charter schools on par with traditional district schools by giving charters full access to local property taxes. Journal observes it today's school districts in nearly every state have a different a direct claim on property tax money, while charters are funded through special appropriations. Indiana's reforms will let nearly all tax dollars flow or follow students to whichever school they choose by twenty twenty nine. Let the money follow the child. That's what I have been advocating for for a long time. These reforms may save school choice from being smothered down the road. Indiana first launch vouchers and expanded charters during a period of an enthusiastic reform under Governor Mitch Daniels in twenty tens. Mister Brown pledged to push further during his campaign last year, but even in a Republican led state, these programs face pressure when funding gets tight. The private and charter schools tend have stronger records for student achievement. Traditional public schools have entrenched constituencies read unions that lobby for scarce funds. Allowing more students to attend non traditional schools will increase support for choice. More than twenty percent of the state students attend a school other than the public one for which they're zoned, and that shift is accelerated since twenty twenty, and here you go. The difference for students is clear. Indiana eighth graders ranked sixth in the nation in reading scores in the twenty twenty four National Assessment of Education Progress, up from nineteenth in twenty twenty two. Fourth graders in the state jumped eleven spots in the same assessment now are also ranked sixth nationwide. Delayed school choice reforms almost collapse in the legislator. State senators objected to lifting the voucher limits, afraid that the one hundred and sixty seventy million dollar cost of expansion would strain the budget, but House Speaker Todd Houston struck a deal to delay the change the next year and to reduce funding for programs such as virtual education to offset the cost. The result from expanded choice should be enough to protect it from political attacks, but the opponents never sleep. The key to choice, the key to choice success in the long run, is letting the money flow that follow the child, no matter the school, public or private. Indiana has taken another step toward that ideal, and I love that point that they observe. You know, the expanded school choice should be enough to protect it from political attacks. Political attacks from who Now, I would say a family, regardless of political strife, might embrace this as a concept. You get the benefit of the six thousand dollars, You get better schools. At least you get to choose what schools your children go to. Maybe you have a farm feeling and like the public schools your children attend, go there, send them There nothing wrong with that if you're satisfied. But if you're in a district that isn't up to snuff, where the children are behind academically, then you might want an option. Republican House, Democrat House.
Speaker 2: You have an option. So who's the only people standing in your way?
Speaker 8: This?
Speaker 1: Teachers' unions. The it's going to force competition, It's going to force them to step up to the place to improve these reading and mathematics scores. But you know what, Indiana number six in the nation. I consider that pretty gosh darn good. And you should all be proud of yourselves, and you should be very happy you live in a state where education choice is now established and enshrined in law. So I'm jealous on behalf of all highlands here. Maybe we can go in that direction, and maybe we can start calling our elected officials and say, hey, did you see what's going on in Indiana? Their scores improved dramatically. The money's following the children, the citizens are pleased. Seven fifteen fifty five KRC the talk station Bud Herbert Motors. Don't go down the world to the box store to get your next lawn equipment. You're going to buy inferior equipment from people who don't know anything about it and who don't have a vested interest in making sure you're happy. That's because they're not family members. Bud Herbert's been around for more than seventy five years, fifth generation family in an operator. Their name is on the store and they are proud of what they sell because they only carry the finest brands out there in the world of lawn equipment, and like farm equipment, they sell some big stuff, world class brands. You got your John Deere, x Mark Steel, Honda Power Equipment to name a few, and they know all about what they're selling, so they're gonna get you in the right piece of lawn equipment, just like they did me. I love my Honda powered push mower, the walk behind mower, which is a real workhorse, and they service what they sell, and that's what's happening right now. They have my push mower. They're servicing it, changing the oil, sharpening the blade, cleaning it Up' gonna hit the ground running this week when they deliver it back to my home picked it up.
Speaker 2: And that's what to do for you.
Speaker 1: Deliver the lawn equipment to your home and service it. When you're ready to have it serviced. You can count on them, tell them, Brian said, having to give them a call at five one three five four one thirty two ninety one five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. Learn more online Head on over to Bud Herbertmotors dot com.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: What's the best place.
Speaker 2: To reach new customer seven twenty fifty five k talk station.
Speaker 1: Great time to be tuned into the fifty five Carsee Morning Show because every Monday at this time we're blessed. But the former Vice mayor of the City Sinna, joined the fifty five Cassey Morning Show, Christopher Smithman and what we call the smither Vent, getting it out of his system for all of us to enjoy. Christopher, welcome back, my friend, I hope you had a pleasant Mother's Day, I'm sure as a bit melancholy considering the circumstances.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Mother's Day is tough for our family, has to be honest. I mean it's a it's a combination of celebrating my mom, who were blessed to have, Yeah, but also my kids, you know, remembering that they lost their mom. So it includes Spring Grove and it includes you know, my mom's my mom's dining room table with her home. So but I you know, I said, my love, I appreciate it you saying earlier. You know, I'm one of those people out there were Mother's Day for my kids and for myself can be very, very complicated, and I appreciate it your noting that in your show. So happy Mother's Day to all the mother's. Happy Mother's Day to your mom, to your beautiful wife. And yes you did how you say it, You punted above.
Speaker 3: Your your your level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll kick my coverage. You have no question about that. Great, wonderful.
Speaker 8: Absolutely. Well, let me just jump in and say, you know, this is National Police Weekend. There's a great tie into all of this because this is an opportunity for us to to really lift up all peace officers across the United States of America, and I certainly have been one of the keynote speakers down at UH down at Fountain Square on.
Speaker 3: Two or three occasions.
Speaker 8: But tying into this notion that you might have the black panthers in town downtown protesting ie for an eye and tooth for a tooth during this week in particular, and on the backdrop of of of Sheriff Larry Henderson being murdered being assassinated by someone, is absolutely outrageous and over the top. I don't even know Brian Thomas where they're even coming from. Because Sheriff Larry Henderson had nothing to do with what occurred between a Cincinnati police officer and a young man who had a gun running from a car car having been involved in stealing a car. I don't know what Sheriff Larry Henderson has to do with it. So I don't understand these social posts of I four an eye in two for tooth. This was a man who was a dad, a husband, and uncle. Sounds like I've he heard he was a foster parent. He had retired after thirty three years. He was out doing, you know, a traffic for the University of Cincinnati's ceremony for their graduation. What did he have to do with any of it? And I don't understand the connection. I really don't. Is one of those things that I sit back Brian Thomas and go there is something missing missing in our leadership, because we have leadership in Cincinnati that is quiet. We have leadership in the county that is quiet. What they should be doing, as a former vice mayor of Cincinnati, they should have resolutions already submitted on the Council on the calendar, going through committee and voting on Wednesday, honoring Sheriff Larry Henderson. And this should be coordinated with the three county commissioners. This should already be happening. If we had a functioning body that had any cahunas, had any sense of humanity, these things would already be happening. Because people will ask me, well, what do you think council and the mayor, and what do you think the county commissioners could do? They could introduce resolutions because they introduced them about Israel and Hamad all the time. They've been doing it for the last year. So I'm saying, why wouldn't you go name a street? Why wouldn't you be naming a highway, Why wouldn't you be honoring the family, Why would you allow the Black Panthers to come in town protesting your downtown. And you have no reaction as a body in some part of this family where this man gave us life, his service, his whole everything for us, and you have a council and a mayor and even the county commissioners who are all quiet on the issue. So that's where I'll start, and I'm sharing with everybody. Please don't ever ask me or say what could they do? What the body could do is speak this week, this week and say we honor this man, and do it in a way that you're not putting any disclaimers that you're talking about the life of the other child or what happened in the city. Honor the sheriff who got run over doing nothing and wasn't involved with anything. Good place to start.
Speaker 2: It is good place to start.
Speaker 1: And of course it just reflects the broad brush perception of the Black Panthers that anyone in any uniform that is a public servant in terms of law enforcement are treated equally. They're all the same, They paint with the same broad brush all of them are racist, all of them need to be defunded, and of course the city council has been. I mean they're on record as either bring quiet and silent in connection with the argument about defunding police or supporting the idea that police is somehow institutionally racist and defunding them was a good idea. So it will be a shift in direction for them to actually come out in favor of law enforcement. Under the circumstances, I can't see any other way to approach it other than what you just pointed out. At least a resolution, although having no weight of law or anything, would at least relate to a local issue of significant importance and that support a local law enforcement. Let's bring Christopher back. I know he's got more on his mind for this morning's smither Vent a Monday talking with Christopher Smithman in this smither vent, Christopher, what else is on your mind?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 8: I'm going to be a little partisan this morning. I don't know what is going on with the Democratic Party. I'm lost in their efforts to provide leadership for our country, and so, like you and I've been listening to your show, I don't understand the mayor and the congressional member, you know, storming a location where gang members and rapists and thieves are being held who have come into our country illegally. People might not even know the story to know that that mayor was arrested, but it just looked chaotic and for them to be pushing you know, law enforcement, it just sends a terrible, terrible message to people and citizens in the country. If they wanted to tour the site, you just schedule it. Why are you running behind a bus that's bringing you know, people that have been arrested into the facility and creating such a ruckus. I absolutely think that they should be prosecuted to hold them accountable, because we just can't have that kind of craziness. And again, there are people that are listening to you and I talk about it. They can go out there and find it so easily. I don't understand what they were doing. There's so many other issues that I'd like to see them speaking on, Like you were talking about school choice, you know, making turning around our public schools across the United States of America would be one of those things as it relates to education. You know, I don't understand what they're doing, and I just don't I'm trying to figure out what they were doing and what their purpose was that of that Brian talks, well, that's.
Speaker 1: A legitimate question, and I think they're on the losing side of the open borders, and that's one of the reasons Trump got elected. I think we all can widely agree on that. Millions and millions of illegal immigrants let into the country and encouraged by the Biden administration to come in here, and of course a lot of countries we've found out emptied their prisons, sending us the worst of the worst who end up on the streets of America and do in fact commit violent crime, sometimes against children. Human trafficking, the fort of child smuggling increased dramatically, and as someone last week referred to Biden as the biggest human trafficker that ever lived, because he facilitated that business model that cropping up, hmm, open borders. We have an opportunity here to ferry some young people in to use as sex workers or slaves in America. That happened. The drugs that were flowing over the border.
Speaker 2: That happened.
Speaker 1: So Americans are like, well, WHOA, WHOA something's got to be done. Trump's in office, like five minutes he shuts the border down down to like I mean, the almost completely stopped the flow of humanity over the border. Now we're dealing with the aftermath, and I think most Americans would wish that the elected officials that they put in office would prioritize domestic issues and quitting so much time with their number one priority defending illegal immigrants, sometimes criminals, and doing things like invading that ice space without just calling and requesting an appointment, which has been widely reported. Had they done that, they would have been welcomed in. But you know, you got to deal with safety and security issues. These are elected officials. Maybe one of the inmates might try to attack them or something. I don't know what the logistics are there, but that was a proper course to do it, and they chose to do otherwise this disruption.
Speaker 2: Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Well, let me just add when I was the vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati and I was chairing Law and Public Safety, I wanted to tour the Hamilton County jail, and so I just simply called up Sheriff Neil and said I'd like to schedule a tour of the Hamilton County Jail. I didn't go down there with a team of people saying i'm processing, let me in, and it was very orderly. We were protected by the sheriffs, which I still to this day thanked them. We went through each of the pods and we were specifically trying to understand overcrowding. You're trying to deal with what were the mental health issues, meaning who.
Speaker 6: Are we jailing.
Speaker 8: So there was just a purpose of it, and we learned a lot from that visit in order to help us deal with the costs that the city is paying to jail people, meaning we're paying a cost when someone is arrested in the city, we pay Hamilton County to house those people in our Hamilton County jail. My point was of just sharing that is through this process. Brian Thomas, So I'm watching this on TV going I know that they would have just complied if they just said, hey, I like the schedule of digit. All of this profience was for them to get on TV. And I just don't understand politically why they think trying to break into a facility where people who have been arrested have great people have murdered, people who are thieves, and who are being deported out of the United States of America. I don't think they realize that there are people that have come to this country in the most orderly way, followed the process. They are supporting the deportation of people who came illegally because they went through a process. Brian Thomas, So, I don't even understand what these congressional members are doing. I think they should be prosecuted.
Speaker 1: Well, and that looks like what's going to happen. I know the mayor there that was arrested for trespassing, and it's widely reported that the three representatives who are there for that invasion, if we can call it, that may be subject to prosecution as well. It's trespassed. I mean if you or I did it, we would be probably locked up or at least we'd be out on bail by now, but would have been arrested and order to appear in court. So how they can be treated differently from anybody else's beyond me. But I think politicians are used to special treatment and that maybe what they get.
Speaker 8: Let me be clear, I support the First Amendment right, I support a peaceful protest that's what makes our country this great experiment, the great experiment. It is what I don't understand, and people can watch the video themselves, is trying to break into a high security facility a jail, demanding access that you have access to with just making an appointment. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't either, Christopher. I think just the idea of them just encouraging civil disobedience period, any form of civil disobedience. Get out in the streets, you know, violate the law, protests, break things, throw frozen water, bottles of police, whatever it happens to be, for any given issue that seems to be the order of the day. Man, it is a terrible direction for the country to go in. I think they all sort of fantasize about being you know, those nineteen sixties political protesters, you know, fighting for free speech or anti Vietnam or whatever. They just seem to grab issues that I believe the vast majority of the American population is not in favor of, so that it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: We mean that.
Speaker 8: When we come back, brother, I'm going to talk a little bit about Representative Crockett.
Speaker 6: She's hit my radar.
Speaker 8: She hit my radar. Again, I don't know what she's talking about, but she said a lot in the public of most recent and she seems to get a lot of clickbait out here, But I don't think she understands if not for.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, well, and maybe you hit the nail on the head clickbait. You know, they're under the mind that any press is good press, even if well they're clicking. People are clicking because they think she's batcraf insane or he is the case. Maybe we'll bring Christopher back for that event thing with the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. So pivoting over to Representative Jasmine Crockett, Christopher.
Speaker 8: Look, Brian, all of us are out here as parents, as Americans trying to raise our kids. Being a member of Congress is a tremendous privilege. Representative Crockett has attended the best grade schools and high schools and colleges that money could buy. And I mean like seventy one thousand dollars a year for where she studied and law degrees all of that. Right, So this woman is incredibly educated. I don't understand. And let me share with you raising four boys and one girl. You know there were certain rules in our house that you just couldn't cross, Like you had to wear a belt, you couldn't walk around with your pants hanging down off your butt. You had to wake up and say good, I'm gonna type these things together, like being respectful, being dignified, being classy. You can be, you can have a difference of opinion, but how you represent yourself is incredibly important, and particularly in the days we're living in now where young people, white, black, Latino, Asian need good role models, good examples of how to conduct yourself in business. And so to watch your dropping f bombs, meaning people have to watch this stuff. You know, I'm talking about when she's in her official duties as a congressional member on the floor, off the floor, and so to see her dropping this this is this weekend. You know, her most recent is dropping the word white boy. So this in quotations, this is what she's saying. And so I'm going, you know, hold on, now, that's racially charged. I don't care what you're talking about. Why are you, as a member of Congress using that kind of language. And by the way, if you if centered, her crews had done the same thing, but said black boy right, we would be they would be up in arms. Are you are you following me? If we just flip the script and we say, you know, a senator from Louisiana, Senator Kennedy is talking somewhere, giving a formal speech and starts talking about grown men, grown African American men and calling them black boys. I don't understand what she's doing right, what her purpose is, and why other congressional members Democrats, Republicans, Independence, whatever the AOC is. I don't know. If they're socialists, why are they not coming out and saying, listen, Representative Crockett, you must represent your seat with dignity and respect. We did that when I was on the floor of Council. When I'm chairing a meeting, if one of my colleagues got too emotional, they were disrespectful to again, I called him out in a very respectful way. Look, a council member, I'd like you to take a deep breath. I'm gonna I'm gonna give you kind of a minute here to recover. I don't like what I'm hearing. You can you can say whatever you want to say, just do it in a respectful way. We're gonna We're gonna We're gonna move to another council member. I just don't understand why we have a person who is representing our country and the state of Texas where she's mocking the governor who is in a wheelchair, which a lot of people don't know that the governor of of of of Texas is in a wheelchair, and there she is mocking him and his disability of being in a wheelchair. I'm lost here, Brian Thomas. How is somebody like this elected to our Congress and they are not being censured. I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, I don't either.
Speaker 1: She was talking about this in the context of a woman running for president, and she said it is the fear that the people within the party, within the primary systm. She's referring, of course, the Democrats will have about voting for a woman, because every time we vote for a woman, we've lost so far. And I think that that's a natural fear because we just want to win. So there's a lot of people that are like, you know what, let's just let's go find the safest white boy we can find. I mean, I'm just saying again, I'm just reading her words. She said, no, for real. It to be clear when we talk about them. I can tell you there's one specific candidate. I had a donor on the phone with me telling me that all the donors are lining up because behind that candidate. So I can tell and I can tell you it's not a black person nor a woman.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And I thought to myself, well, she wants to check these these deiboxes, so she fails to appreciate that maybe the women that didn't win not because they were women, because they were less qualified. And the American people believe, maybe in some measure of merit, or the American people liked Donald Trump in terms of policy more than Kamala Harrison her word salad, is Kamala Harris really the finest candidate that Democrats can run. I don't know they ran her, but she lost. I know, I don't believe in a minute because she lost because she was a woman, because she was black, because she was ditzy and word solid filled and didn't have any really issues to stand on. She just stand up in man's playing or female ex playing things on these boiled down second grade level education comments and it didn't make any sense. So we judged her on her merit. Is there anybody in the Democrat Party that can run for high office motally the president of the United States that check marks the boxes, woman and black, that can run an adequate race? And if there was one, I think one would have emerged by now, or maybe one will emerge between now and when people start declaring their candidacy for president. But to just say that we need a black woman, period, end of story, and that should be enough. I just don't find her being logical or reasonable. Do you want to win or not?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: I would say, if I could give them a hint, the person that they would be looking at would be somebody like Governor Shapiro out of Pennsylvania. He is he he would perform well coming out out of the Midwest. But I can't even go to her like analysis of what she's talking about because she's so racially charged, and the hypocrisy of it, meaning this is coming from a Democrat, the hypocrisy of her using it, and there are people that are listening to this, going what's the problem.
Speaker 6: There's no issue.
Speaker 8: She's a member of Congress. When you accept that, oh you're something other, You're not just this person walking down the street. So the standards are high. That's the problem. We continue to have this apathy and she continues to degrade the institution, and the Congress is going to wake up and go why and how did we get here where members of Congress think is okay to cuss each other out while they're in their official duties in the member in the meet, in the middle of a congressional meeting. This is how we end up in a bad place because we allow people like this to go unchecked. Brian Thomas, it's a big issue. It's a problem, and I'm saying that that kind of apathy has voters showing up at nine to ten percent in the primary. Meaning the point is that we all just continue to have this apathy and anything we want to do, anything goes. It's not we want dignified people. If I want young people to walk around with their pants up and wearing a belt, if I want a young people to say good morning, yes sir and no sir. If I want them to be in a mall and not fight each other, right, if I want all those things, I want my congressional members that are representing me to not use profanity and cuss each other out and certainly not use racial slurs. Using that term is a racial slur. It is beneath the dignity of a member of Congress, and I'm going to call her out on it this morning. There are people listening Brian Thomas that think it's okay. It's not okay because she's a member of Congress. It's not okay if she wasn't a member of Congress. But she is a member of Congress and she was saying that in her official duty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I agree with you completely about the language. And you know, there are people on a lot of sides of the political ledger. It doesn't matter just not just Democrats that are dropping F bombs left and right, And it really is just it's a de evolution. They are elected officials, as you point out, they should be serving as an example of what is right and good and keep the level of debate at a friendly level and not so vitriolic and just I don't know, man, there was a time when you you rarely use the F bomb for really anything.
Speaker 2: Christopher.
Speaker 1: It seems to become a something in the modern lexicon that people are willing to use all the time. Great points that they can.
Speaker 8: Look in conclusion, I couldn't get away with that this radio spot with you, right, Brian, You would hold me accountable if I did it. You'd call me up after the show and say, if you do it again, you can't come back on you because I'm going to lose my license. That's why you have a dump b Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's more important than Christopher.
Speaker 1: Even if I didn't have FCC compliance, which I joke about all the time. But it doesn't serve you. And you've got a future maybe in politics, but you've got to You've got your own business as a financial planner. I would call you up as a friend and say, listen, man, don't do that. It's not serving your interest. Take the higher road. Keep the curse words out of it. When you're hanging around with buds at a bar, you can use them then, but don't don't use them in public when you're speaking as well. A prominent member of the community.
Speaker 8: Love to hear from you that that's what Congress, Thank you so much. People can follow me on social media at boat Smiderman.
Speaker 2: I think Trump does.
Speaker 4: I think she knows doing every day you know. Fifty five krc D talk station.
Speaker 2: Tashi Ato six here ifif you abou KRCD talk station.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy Monday to all by Thomas. Always enjoyed this time of Monday because you get talked to money Monday. Brian James from Allworth Financial going over the issues that impact our our savings and our monetary situation and of course our retirement plans. Welcome back, Brian James. Great to have you on today.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much as always in Happy belated Mother's Day to all those mothers out there.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. I've been doing that all morning. Got to love your mom. And the landscape of the stories we're talking about today, I mean, at least a couple of them may start to change. I'm sure you know that US and China agreed to the tariff cuts over the weekend. Was announced this morning. We're going to keep recivical tarafts at ten percent. We got that additional twenty percent because China's role in the fentnel trade. But the one five percent retaliatory trade loveies on US goods and Chinese goods apparently has been put to rest, and we've got at least a ninety day pause in those tariffs, which got the markets really soaring this morning.
Speaker 2: Futures are up across the board.
Speaker 11: It's going to be a good day according to futures. And that's what happens when we get the good news. So that this is the one thing, Brian that that that kind of keeps keeps should hopefully keep everybody a little bit more calm about what happens is this is self inflicted. The United States is choosing to represent itself differently to the rest of the world in terms of being a trade partner. But underneath this, as we're sitting here right now, is still a pretty strong economy that is ready to roll on once the fog clears. And this has happened. This seems to happen about every week and a half two weeks. We'll get a snippet of good news and the market will bounce up. Right now, we're looking at really really high futures. S and P's up three percent and everything's up something like three to four percent. And that's not because things got wonderful overnight. It's because some of the fog clear. That's all the market ever wants is some clarity. It wants to be able to predict. Here's how companies are going to be able to operate, and here's roughly what they're going to be able, what kind of profits they're going to be able to make, and when we are we're throwing these tariffs back and forth at each other left and right. There's no way to do that calculation. So at the moment the market is saying, okay, cool, I can see at least ninety days into the future because we know what the tariff situation is going to be with our largest trading partner, and a smaller headline was we it come to an official agreement with the UK. Now they're not a huge trading partner, and I was kind of googling this and it basically said we're gonna save hundreds of millions on Jaguar and land Rover, so you know, some help for the little guy. Finally, the cavalry is coming. Pin Thomas, Well, all.
Speaker 1: This on the heels of yes, shipping demand has dropped precipitously. Of course, the tariffs have a large role in what we're going to be shipping from China to here, and of course global shipping apparently it's dropped off a lot. Is this all directly related to the tariffs or is there some other economic reality lurking behind the scenes on this.
Speaker 11: Brian James, Well, there's always other economic reality, right, There's lots of little things pushing and pulling on the overall situation.
Speaker 2: That's always the case.
Speaker 11: But this is all tariff driven, and it's starting to feel to me like I don't know if you remember December of twenty nineteen, early twenty twenty when we heard about a thing called COVID and it was going to be coming ashore in the next few months. Well, now five years into the future, what we're hearing about is the fact that shelves are going to be empty. That's what we're starting to see.
Speaker 2: Not the shelves. I mean, I've been to the stores too, and don't I don't see it yet.
Speaker 11: However, ports like Los Angeles, Long Beach, New York, New Jersey, they are experiencing large drops in cargo, especially from China. Import booking volumes down thirty five percent since March. Shipments from China down forty three percent. That includes electronics, plastics, vehicles, steel, textiles down by more than half. This is going to surface eventually. We have yet to see it, but it's coming, well.
Speaker 1: Isn't part of this drop in shipping demand because a lot of these businesses and industries front loaded larger orders in anticipation of the tariffs ultimately kicking in.
Speaker 2: So you have direct that.
Speaker 1: You have a large increase in shipping followed by a drop in shipping because I guess there's limited storage space. There's only so much that any given company that buys Chinese goods, for example, can buy at any one time, even if they're trying to front load. So and plus, you know, it really is kind of a tea leaf reading kind of thing because you don't know, as we kind of alluded to a moment ago, I don't know what's going to ultimately happen. And Trump's been busily negotiating with one hundred and seventy different countries to come up as like Britain, some satisfactory a level of tariffs that we can all live and work with, and something that might expand the American markets. But that's an ever evolving, ever moving landscape. So how much extra stuff do you buy anticipating tariffs are going to cause you a financial problem. It's like if you own a restaurant, how much meat do you buy at the beginning of the week. How many people are going to order stakes you know you're going to have losses. Are you gonna overbuy and have to throw things out? It's a complicated thing.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 11: And that's why a lot of smart financial brains get paid a lot of money to understand exactly what their companies need. Unfortunately, the average American doesn't really have the ability to do this, with the exception of toilet paper, which is the first thing to go whenever it snows and whenever we have pandemics apparently. But yeah, so this is simply a business decision where they're just saying, Okay, it looks like it's going to get a little crazy in the next few months.
Speaker 2: We really need to.
Speaker 11: Stock up on this, that, and the other, but we're going to ignore these other things. And so what you saw, that's what triggered the economic poolback in the United States are our most recently reported economic quarter was negative. We don't call that a recession until we have two quarters in a row. But that was kind of self inflicted from a standpoint of because these tariffs were in place. For the exact reason you just mentioned, companies and businesses started buying a lot more from overseas therefore a lot less than the United States. So arguably as possible, you could be looking for a bit of a perk up in the United States domestic purchases as long as those products that these businesses need are available from the United States. Nothing magical happened in the first quarter to suddenly create factories where there were none. There are things we can't get from anywhere else. That's why there's a lot of businesses out there suffering. And I'm assuming there's somebody screaming at their windshield right now saying, hey, that doesn't help me.
Speaker 2: I can't buy domestically.
Speaker 11: I have to I got to kind of take it in the pants here until we get these tariffs cleared up.
Speaker 1: And I keep thinking of going back to COVID about that. That's when we sort of all came to the realization that, you know, we don't manufacture a lot of things that you know, are critical to our even our nation's security. Pharmaceuticals came into mind immediately when like, oh my god, we rely on China for all of these, including the pharmaceuticals our members in uniform have if we had been sort of conflict, China just flips the switch and doesn't sell them to us anymore. So there are reasons other than tariffs for US to have some measure of incentive to start manufacturing either with countries with whom we have no conflict, or at least start manufacturing them in here in the United States. But as you illust as you point out, it takes time to ramp up, and it also comes as that it is at a significantly higher cost because of the imbalance in labor between US and China.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a lot of this comes from the fact that the United States was founded and grew to its current size based on the idea of being the United States of profit margin. Everything we can possibly do, everything we can squeeze profit out.
Speaker 2: That's just the way that we roll. So you talk about we.
Speaker 11: Want to bring pharmaceuticals on shore somehow, some way, someone is looking at that as Okay, I can do that. I can build a factory that's going to do that, and here's on what profit margin I want to make out of it. Nobody here in this country who waves a red, white and blue flag looks at that and says, you know what, I'm going to do that for the good of the people. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but that is how we make decisions, and everybody does it, include I'll throw the unions in there too. It's expensive to build stuff here because of the protections we have in place for workers. There are union leadership out there who they of course they get paid to kind of bring these deals to fruition just like anybody else. People who make profits by creating products and services are really no different than the people who create a long running positions for themselves by leading a group of people in a union. Not good, bad, or in different, but all of it winds up costing more and that trickles all the way back down to the consumer. That's kind of the whole point of the United States. We are here to make a profit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And in spite of the true you illustrate, you know, we are kind of a global economy anymore, which gives us options of manufacturing in places like China where it's cheaper. But over the last several years we've seen a lot new a lot of new investment in very large businesses in industry, and a lot of it does seem to be taking place. So in spite of those challenges, apparently there is still some profit in building something here in the United States, like these battery manufacturing plants or these artificial intelligence plants and other things.
Speaker 2: Right there is And that's the thing to bear in mind.
Speaker 11: If we were in truly in the seventies where we had stagflation, but it occurred kind of organically, and I mean that. What I mean by that is that there are plenty of catalysts right now that are happening. Technology has been a catalyst for fifteen twenty years. It kind of changes with regard to what the technology is it's driving. You know, twenty years ago it was mobile devices and the move to kind of move being able to be anywhere and do your job and so on and so forth, and that has cycled forth to now to what you just mentioned article official Intelligence, which I can't imagine that's not touching absolutely every industry very very very rapidly. But that's a catalyst for companies to become more efficient, increase their profit margin, and lots of companies are going to want to invest in supporting it because there's a lot of money to be made in So underneath all of this, when we stop smacking each other around, there is a strong economy and the dollars are still moving around in a circle. It just depends on how much longer we want to It's a big game of chicken. How much longer are we going to have these fights with our various trading partners.
Speaker 1: Well continue with Brian James. Empty shelves maybe maybe not student loans they are coming do? And is there going to be a housing market correction? Those subjects with all Worth Financials Brian James on this Monday Monday, after I mentioned Chimneycare Fireplace is stove. A couple of reasons you give a call Chimneycare Fireplaces Stove. They've been around, locally owned and operated a plus with a better business beers. It's nineteen eighty eight, So have your exterior evaluation done. It's a free evaluation. The experts from the Chimneycare Fireplaces Stove check and inspect the xterior of your chim looking for signs of water damage, which is something that could be going on, you know, underneath your radar and that could be a significant problem for you down the road.
Speaker 2: So have him check it out.
Speaker 1: Doesn't cost anything, right, and if you got a woodburning fireplace or free standing stove, take advantage of the spring special the woodburning sweep and evaluation for just one sixty nine ninety nine and that of course includes the exterior evaluation. They got professional chimney sweep certified. They are to do a video camera inspection of the interior fireplace, sweep it out, get it all on working, working order so you can be safe and confident when you hit the ground running in the fall when the weather temperatures drop again inevitable Online find them at Chimneycarecode dot com. You can book an appointment from the website and learn more about the business and the show room Chimneycarecode dot com or call them up five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's five one three two four eight ninety.
Speaker 4: Six hundred fifty five KRC for.
Speaker 1: More information about twenty If you have KCP talk station, Brian James from all Worth answer, he's a financial planner and he'll recommend you get one. Is I would recommend you get one. Just make sure they're working on your side of the table and they OEU a fiduciary obligation which means you need to get a fee blazed financial planner and let them handle the heavy load on managing things on a day to day basis, taking the stress off of your world. Brian James pivoting over real quick to a related story with the empty the global shipping grinding down is and I've seen these red flags wave and you know, whaling and gnashing your teeth, Oh my god. And a lot of it's driven, I think, by Trump arrangement syndrome. But there is something to be said that, you know, if you're going to have these massive tariffs, the idea of having empty shells is certainly a possibility. But I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. So are we going to see a bunch of empty shells and four lease signs the headline headline opinion, empty shells, four lease signs and job layoffs point to a recession by summer? Geez, you and I've been talking about a possible recession now for quite a few years.
Speaker 11: Brian, Well, I think we're always talking about the possibility of a recession, right, We're never We're we are never not on our way to the next recession that's always coming up, right, So it's also going to rain, maybe today, maybe a month from now.
Speaker 2: But by god, one of these days, I'm going to be right about it.
Speaker 11: So, yeah, we're currently if when you look at the current situation, which is about as fluid as it can be, things are changing, you know, they change over the weekend, they go from black to white. So if you look at the current situation, then yes, it does look like we're on our way to a recession that is triggered by this. But I think the reference you were making there earlier is that that up until very recently, everyone was looking for the second leg down from COVID. We only recently stopped talking about that. And I think I've kind of learned the definition, Brian, of a soft landing. I think a soft landing is at some point you realize you haven't talked about it in months, and therefore that was a soft landing. We never declare that, Okay, it's all over. You know, everybody back and pull, everything's great. We just stopped talking about it until the next one comes along, and here we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a funny way of looking at it. But you're right, it's right around the corner, maybe a little bit further down the road when you hit that corner. But something bad is always going to. But but then again, something good will always happen too. Like I mean today, you know, if the futures are indications where they are right now turn out to be true, it's going to erase all of the losses when since the day Donald Trump announced the tariffs kicked in place. At least that's what I read this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are clawing our way back to back to zero.
Speaker 11: Really, the S and P five hundred is only down as we're sitting here right now about four percent.
Speaker 2: That does not yet reflect the futures.
Speaker 11: So if futures kick in, you know, if this market kicks in where the futures are, then yes, we'll be back to even ish at least at the open. Let's see what happens, you know, around ten thirty when we all get our second cup of coffee'll the out comes right. But at this point the market is recovering. And again you mentioned Trump arrangement syndrome. The market hates question. It doesn't necessarily hate any politician or any political beliefs. It simply hates lack of clarity. And we have for sure had lack of clarity over the past several months. And that's what as we start to get these deals across the finish line. That's what seems to be clearing up. The other thing, too, is we're starting to hear some pretty strong political voices say, hey, don't forget me, I have to run for reelection here over the next few years. Ted Cruz, Grassley and Ram paulse of being some of those big voices who are going to remind the president that they themselves are up and available to be re elected and would very much like to win those elections. So we can't keep smacking people around, right.
Speaker 1: And then they're doing that budget reconciliation thing, and you've got all everybody on the Republican side of the ledger and they're hoping you have one hundred percent uniformity in terms of a yes vote on that. They're all fighting for turf and some of them want to keep the salt deductions as they are. Some of them are saying, if you don't raise those, we're going to pull the plug. We're not going to vote yes on this. Others are pushing to keep the Green New Deal stuff flowing to their states other than saying no, we get rid of all of it. So there's a whole lot of uncertainty sewed into that particular thing, which includes whether or not Donald Trump's tax cuts will be made permanent. So I suppose those things might cause some market on stability for sure, because somebody's going to win these arguments. Right now, we're just in the shouting. Maybe we're starting to exit the shouting stage and move toward the Okay, what are we actually going to do here? And the various parties are going to gain something as well as lose something. That's the only way these things ever get resolved. But we're going to have the willingness for that to actually happen.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 11: We've seen that with UK. Apparently we're going to get it with China here at least for the next ninety days. And it does appear that all these tariffs and things are more of a negotiating tactic than an intended, real permanent type of a situation.
Speaker 2: Which if that's the case, then so be it.
Speaker 11: And I hope we'll come through this a little bit stronger, but a little more bumpiness to come from the short run for sure.
Speaker 1: Indeed, well, we'll find out about well, something that may impact your financial world. Your student loan is now doe and there may be a housing market correction come in our direction a little bit, A couple more with Brian James after this word for Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Montgomery.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everyone needs a place to chill out and unwind and maybe get into a meditative state and relieve themselves from the pressures of the world, a place to pray, a place to reflect. That's a Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Montgomery. It is absolutely epic beautiful, especially this time of year with the flowers coming up, the mature trees, perfect landscaping, the winding roads, the pathways, the striking monuments and shrines, and it just looks beautiful. It's just a real trankful atmosphere, which is great for those moments of reflection. So find comfort and peace in the cemetery's quiet reverend surroundings. They're open to everyone, so to think of it from a non denominational standpoint, everyone can enjoy the beauty of Gay to Heaven Center Cemeteries ministering to the Tristy for more than seventy seven years, an honoring life on sacred ground. Learn more online go to gateof Heaven dot org. Fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 2: The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by Emory fer Here's your weather from Channel nine.
Speaker 1: Cloudy days, scattered showers of storms and high have seventy two down to fifty two overnight with isolated showers, possible clouds with scattered storms tomorrow seventy three. Overnight lowis sixty with a slight chance of grain and also a chance to rain on Wednesday, otherwise partly cloudy on high have seventy seven sixty six.
Speaker 2: Right now, Time for a traffic update, Chuck from the UC Traffic Center.
Speaker 12: You see health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 2: Learn more at UC help dot com.
Speaker 12: Northbound seventy five clearing out through the cut, but heavy approaching an accident down near seventy four right Winge's block South Pound seventy five better out of Wachland continues slow from just below seventy four to the bridge from problems earlier.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: He's a twenty nine tip abou krcity talk station right howse here with Brian James. One more segment Doing money Monday. All right, real quick, I guess the writings on the wall. Student loans are due. You knew they were going to be due at some point when you sign on the bottom line and promise to pay them back, but some people think they were going to get a free pass things to the Biden administrations ever to buy votes. Never understood how this was so popular. I mean, majority of people in America do not have college degrees, yet it was on their shoulders. College degrees were going to be forgiven. This is kind of common as a cost of the American taxpayer, which just never seemed quite fair to me. Brian, Hey, you may have got a degree and allows you one. It didn't provide a return on investment, but you did it, eyes wide open, and time to pay the piper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's coming around.
Speaker 11: So there's five million borrows out there whose loans are in default, and about two hundred thousand of them are going to start receiving notices from the Treasury Department notifying them that benefits and tax refunds are going to be withheld pretty soon, starting in the next month.
Speaker 2: So we're just getting to the.
Speaker 11: Point where, remember it was almost two years ago that the Supreme Court struck down Biden's idea that we were going to wipe away student loans. I did have a lot of clients, I shouldn't say a lot of it, enough that I remember talking about it who were helping their kids with student loans, or perhaps had student loans themselves only just recently with maybe this year or Q four last year, who kind of gave up on the notion that this was ever going to come around. So people were still kind of hanging on to even though the Supreme Court shot it down. Maybe politically, somebody else is going to come forward with a well, we are at the We're about as far away from that as we can be. The people who are hearing today are the ones who are getting payments from the federal government for various reasons benefits, tax refunds, of course, and if they are federal employees themselves, some of that is going to start being withheld starting next month to make student debt repayment a big priority for the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: In a form of what wage garnishments correct.
Speaker 11: Oh, yeah, lots of way you have the wage garnishments, or if you are on another federal benefit pension, some people are, believe it or not, Some people have student loans and are also on a federal pension. They've let them roll for years and years and years. If you're getting payments from the federal government and you're in default or near default on your student loans, you can rest assured they're going to make that connection. That's part of what DOGE has been doing, trying to connect the entities that pay that send outgoing payments to people with the other entities that are receiving payments.
Speaker 2: From those people.
Speaker 11: If you're on both of those lists, then they're going to kind of net out the math and say, you owe us this, so we're not going to give you that payment.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I hope ultimately this results in some changes at universities and that they have some somewhat of a fiduciary abligation to sit young people down before they engage and embark on this borrowing, to point out the value on the real market of what that particular subject matter they plan on majoring in.
Speaker 2: Has.
Speaker 1: I mean, is there a job before an art major? Are you planning on going into debt one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to get an art degree? I don't want to pick on that particular degree, but I had to imagine in the world, and I always us Southey's as an example. There are only so many jobs available at the at Southeast, and where are you going to work? A lot of people work for free as docents in museums. They don't get paid for it, So then the university have some sort of obligation to point that out up front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you would hope, but I don't think they do. And I think back too.
Speaker 11: So I went to a high university out in Athens, and when I was finishing up, they were building what's called the Ping Center, which is a nice student building where you can exercise and all kinds of stuff. And early on, before it even opened, they started hitting everybody with a search charge on your tuition because somebody had to pay for this. It wasn't going to open until after my wife and I graduated, but we were paying for it, and I remember there being articles in the local paper about the fight that OU and every other school has to be in to attract students. They have to be able to say we have cooler facilities than these other places. Good, bad are indifferent. People will pay for it and that's what universities have done for twenty and thirty years and longer than that. In one of those articles was a story about one of these schools that had a giant student hot tub, which just sounded like the most disgusting thing. Even I, as an idiot college student, was grossed out by that. Yeah, but that was touted as an attraction. That's the environment that we've been in for a long time.
Speaker 1: It is, But I would think that them advertising their success in getting people employed at graduation would be the biggest dangling carret of incentive to go to any given university, pivoting over market correction for housing? Is this a positive market correction? Oh well, we'll see. So this is coming out of Texas.
Speaker 11: Texis is a little bit of a microcosm here undergoing a significant correction, oversupplied, declining demand, and affordability issues listings. Housing listings reached one hundred and twenty three thousand last April, which is fifty three percent higher than normal. It's the fourth most oversupplied housing market in the US. And I remember I have a lot of people of friends of mine who ended up moving to Dallas for job purposes. There was a ton of jobs out there because that's just the better tax situation, and also the idea that there is so much land down there, it doesn't cost much to just build a new neighborhood. So nobody, none of these folks, I'm thinking over the past fifteen twenty years, none of these folks were buying used well, old existing houses. They were all building because it was just so cheap because there is so much land and so much space to build out there.
Speaker 2: Well, Texas leaned into that. Now we have an oversupply, so they're expecting the impact is going to be potential four percent drop statewide in the value of houses looking for affordability challenges are going to last throughout twenty twenty five, and it's still going to be about overvalued by about ten twelve percent by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Well, at least it's getting closer to the realm of affordability for notably the first time buyers. I would argue, but I think interest rates are going to have to drop before some of these houses become really within the grasp of financial reality for a lot of people. And if that happens, of course, the market could flip then, couldn't it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely, and then it could turn pretty quickly because that the forces that drove this migration to Texas. Remember a few years ago, it didn't matter where we live. We all got the idea, I can live wherever I want. Some people said, the heck with it. I don't want winter and I don't want taxis. I'll just go to Texas. And that created a boom, and the builders overran the boom and just kept building, building building until the actual demand stopped.
Speaker 1: Demand stop when people realize when they moved there, Damn, it's hot here. It's really really in the right. Why did I move to Houston. It's like walking through of hot water in the summertime. Brian James always financial, appreciate them loading you out every Monday for money.
Speaker 2: Monday.
Speaker 1: I look forward to next Monday. I hope you have a wonderful week, my friend.
Speaker 2: Have a good week. Talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: Thanks man coming out next empower you doing the last seminar of the year with doctor Robert Malone. Injuries from the COVID vaccine. More and more information coming out almost every single day on that frightening reality. We'll get to doctor Malone, give us a little insight to what he's going to be talking about next after I mentioned well, Peter Shabria Kelly Wins seven Hills. The only real estate team I'd ever consider calling, got the number memorized five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 2: Peter.
Speaker 1: I need a real estate agent. What a buyer's agent or seller's agent? Either one. They're the only place I would turn to. Trice State's number one sales group. Their mission is to give you a five star experience. Take them up on the cash offer. You want to sell a house, and you don't want to stage it, or change it, or paint it, or invest any money seeking maximize the return. You just want to get out. I got a job waiting for me, don't want to go through it. They'll have a cash offer waiting for you within forty eight hours and them seeing your home close within three weeks. And they have one of my favorite ones these days. They got multiple programs, the Patriot Home Program developed by veterans to help patriots buy and sell their homes, veterans, members of the VA staff, there, police fire ems, ten percent of the commission given back to you as a rebate at closing. Just because you're awesome. People helping serve the country and your community, So take advantage of that. You want to learn about all the programs and what they can do for you, that five star experience seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Call them up and tell them. Brian said, Hi, when you do, it's five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Hey, neighbor, home, Mike walkstation. Empower Youamerica dot org. You are going to want two register and at tend virtually. This is a virtual only class. Empower you America dot org. And I know my listeners are going to be keen and interested in this particular one. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Doctor Robert Malone an internationally recognized scientists, physician, bestselling author, ethicist, political commentator of public figure. He spoke out early about the risk associated with COVID nineteen vaccines and against public health and medical mandates, actively campaigning against censorship and propaganda campaigns led by the governments and globalists. And of course we've talked to other guests who struggled and suffered themselves as a consequence of them speaking truth to power. Some of them had their licenses pulled. Welcome to the fifty five Case Morning Show, doing the Empower Youth Seminar tomorrow night, beginning at seven pm. Doctor Malone, it's a pleasure to have you here on the program today.
Speaker 3: Well thanks for having me on. I hope it's a great day where you are. It's looking like we're going to get a little bit of rain here in Virginia. So what do you want to talk about.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about moderna doing mass clinical trials on the entire universe of people here in the world with untested vaccines. As you point out, emergency use authorization was given because oh my god, it's a pandemic. We got to let these vaccines come out because we need them to stave off this pandemic. But we're going to free the pharmaceutical companies from any live associated with these. As you point out, and I know you're going to talk about at length tomorrow evening, these were not tested and what I learned from your materials is that they had tried mRNA technology and they had failed and never could get FDA approval. When they started using them and endeavoring to treat other conditions they were working on. Can you explain a little bit of that to my listening audience.
Speaker 3: So, Maderna's business model was originally focused on cancer and cancer vaccines. And you'll recall this is the area that was highlighted during the first day after President Trump became president, when there was the whole discussion and controversy around the Stargate initiative for artificial intelligence. The promise, let's say or hope and we all wish that we had something like a personalized cancer vaccine that would take away our risk of this deadly disease. But the history of cancer vaccines has been one of, let's say, gently broken promises or dashed hopes. And that's a very long history of decades, literally my entire career. And there are fundamental underlying issues having to do with the role of the immune system human immune system, which basically is our main defense against cancer, particularly cellular immunity. And I don't want to get too deep into the science here for Radio Hit, but it turns out that things are a lot more complicated than Wall Street investors are often sold on. But it's a reliably the potent strategy to try to pitch these cancer vaccine companies. So that's where Maderna started, and predictably that business model failed and they really only got rescued when Tony Fauci, largely with the NIH Vaccine Research Center, together with backing from DARPA Defense or Reduction Agency, and a number of others. Now we know us A, i D, pushed forward these mRNA products I'm going to call them for ostensibly preventing COVID disease. And unfortunately those products were promoted without adequate pre clinical or clinical studies that normally would take up to a decade, and not too surprisingly a number of unexpected consequences let's say, you know, the technical term would be adverse events which include death by the way ensued and nobody was allowed to question it, and nobody was provided informed consent. I think the most powerful statement I've heard come out of d C about all this was a Secretary Hegsworth, the Defense Secretary of Defense. Hegsworth's comment that these were never licensed, the products that were deployed in the d D, and these mandates were illegal. So that's that's where things stand right now. DC remains in deny, denial over what they have their fingers all over. I mean, Tony Fauci didn't do this in a vacuum. It was actively enabled by many powerful people in both houses in it.
Speaker 1: I'm troubled by so much of this information, and I have been for a while. But as you point out, and you're going to talk about this again tomorrow night, seven pm in Poweroamerica dot org, they had tried these RNA based treatments on a variety of different things, maybe cancer is one of them, as you're suggesting before, at the animal testing phase, and they had to stop them because they were far too dangerous to test on humans. Is it the RNA type of vaccine that in and of itself poses these challenges or that just that they didn't get it right as to whatever particular disease state they were working on. Because if all this information suggests mRNA based treatments are dangerous, why in the hell would they push to advance them on the general population.
Speaker 3: So, in terms of your question, it's kind of all of the above, and particularly in a case of COVID, because clearly the spike protein is E toxin and that's another thing that was suppressed, considered controversial, not allowed to be said. But it's true. It's another unfortunate truth. But you ask why why all the impetus for this is a number of them, and one of them is that this represents a whole new domain for product development, which basically creates a gold rush for pharma because they can circumvent prior art and prior patents by using this new technology or composition of matter, which is now freely available because the patents that I worked on back in the late eighties and early nineties have all expired. So the fundamental underlying tech that underpins all of this is now public domain because the patents have expired. So for pharma, this is a gold rush. And the positioning has been from the let's say, by defense industrial complex that this technology will scratch there it solve a major pain point, which is that it takes up to a decade to develop a new vaccine, and that it's the combination of those two things, the gold rush and pharmacy perception that this represents a whole big area of commercial opportunity, and the logic that this solves this huge problem that it takes a decade to develop a new vaccine and we're constantly bombarded by all this fear promoted fear from the industry that we're going to get overwhelmed by highly pathogenic infectious diseases coming out of the jungle because of global warming. I mean, the narrative just goes.
Speaker 1: On, Oh yeah, I've heard it all before. Or you build them in a in a wuhan instead of virology and you unleash them on the globe by accident or by intention. Now, but if these mRNA vaccines are inherently dangerous or post them inherently dangerous risks based on the technology is being used, they're not necessarily going to get emergency use authorization for any new vaccines they roll out. Those will be subject to obligations to do clinical trials, and if history is any guide, then they'll probably fail in the clinical trials and never be rolled out.
Speaker 2: Isn't that sort of true?
Speaker 3: Well, so this is why all of the uproar over the HHS and Bobby Kennedy and Martin McCarty initiatives that all new vaccines are going to have to be tested against a true placebo or negative control. Right. The industry hates this because they have been masking some of the adverse events associated with a wide variety of vaccines which are intrinsically inflammatory by comparing them to other vaccines rather than comparing them to a true control This is the book Turtles All the Way Down, is just a fantastic discussion of how this has been built and what the modern consequences are. It's kind of a house of cards that's been built up over decades. And I got to admit I bought into that. I bought into the logic that it was unethical to test a new vaccine against a true placebo. This is what I've been taught again and again and again. It was all drilled into you. But I've come to recognize that that was wrong, that ethically, that logic is flawed.
Speaker 1: I certainly understand that that's where the control population is supposed to come from, so you can compare it against the general public who have not gotten the new vaccine. Oh my god, doctor, you know I could talk to you for hours. I think, Doctor Malone, we're going to get an hour and change tomorrow night, seven pm. And I know, for example, red flag for you have to address it. A lot of my listeners believe this this was rolled out for the purposes of population control. I've talked to some physicians who know about thousands of patients who lost their babies in utero and mothers of head at menstrual problems and things along. So is perhaps something is there a connection there?
Speaker 2: Perhaps?
Speaker 3: So my position on that is, at first, you know, like I used to say that the Great Reset, I used to think the Great Reset was a conspiracy theory, and then I read Klaus Schwab's book called the Great Reset. Yeah, right, Okay, so it is population control a conspiracy? If you read the Henry Kissinger report that is now a fundamental aspect, it is integrated into American foreign policy that talks about population control, you'll realize that this is a real thing. Okay, that the connecting that federal policy position about really depopulation to what happened here is speculation.
Speaker 1: Its speculation, but it's but it's a it's a logical leap for people out there.
Speaker 3: And I wish I can fully understand why people make that connection, but uh it, it has all kinds of implications, and uh until personally, until I see you know, some email proof, right, Uh, then then I'm going to kind of hold hold, keep your.
Speaker 1: Power, keep your powder dry. I wish you had more time doctumn. We are way out of time. We'll listen to you tomorrow night, seven pm and power you America dot org folks get right. Thanks for your time today, sir, it's been fascinating and riveting. Coup up a eight fifty three fifty five krcitytalk station, save up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars new carrier comfort system for my friends at Zimmer Heating and Coling. You need to turn to the experts at Zimmer Heating and Colling who've been making Cincinnti homes safe, efficient and comfortable for than seventy five years. Family on an operated third generation Chris Zimmer. The team will take excellent care of you. Give them a call fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new carrier unit. It's that time to swap ears out. Go Zimmer dot com to schedule the appointment and learn more about the services they offer. Go Zimmer dot com five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC dot com. What if you had