Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: All right, well, ladies and gentlemen. Yes, thank you for that. Thank you. We are at Bravery Brewing in Lancaster. This is after the show on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's actually the first real weekend podcast podcast we've done because it's the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you think about that, I mean's.
Speaker 1: Officially the weekend because we're off the air.
Speaker 2: That is very true, and it's a long weekend. Thank you Carl for the first F word. We appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Karl.
Speaker 1: Did you just say the fward? I missed it? Say it again?
Speaker 2: Say it again?
Speaker 1: Come on, there I go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wheels are off at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the wheels have come off.
Speaker 2: So what we wanted to do, so the Gas Weekend Fix is just kind of an episode of the show, basically a segment of the show that we can't do during the week because the FCC tells us we can't say things like shit, an ass, oh my god, or Karl, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: So you go home with that now, thank god.
Speaker 2: So we wanted to We wanted to do this something special for everybody who's here at at Bravery Brewing who came out and said that they enjoyed the show up that they want to spend the afternoon with us. So if this isn't going to take all afternoon, but we did want to share some of the questions that people ask for us. These are not all of the questions that were submitted, but these are some of the ones that we went through and picked out. So thank you everybody who asked the question, are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Should I ask these questions?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay? Stan and Stella? Are you Stan and Stella back there all right? Chicago Bears Fan Stella's Dan and Stella are asking us, how are you guys spending this Memorial weekend? What are you going to be doing this weekend?
Speaker 1: I haven't really thought about it.
Speaker 2: I mean you you just got back from Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's my father in law's ninety six birthday today, so.
Speaker 2: Whow go yep, ninety six, Papa ninety six.
Speaker 1: Papa's ninety six, So we're gonna go over there see him on Sunday tomorrow. I don't know, maybe go to ballet.
Speaker 2: That sounds like fun. Well, you just you know how to roll hard, don't you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe uh, hang out with some crack cocaine and marijuana. All right, Kapa Barry, what are those called? Kapy Barras from the news nugget? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna sleep here at Bravery Brewing until Monday afternoon?
Speaker 1: Oh okay?
Speaker 2: Is that alright? Bart? Is that okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: In a cot in the freezer for me? That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you ever had to like tell someone like you don't got to go home, but you can't stay here? Like does anyone ever like gone to sleep here or try?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really, it is really comfortable here, Like I can see wanting to stay tonight. I won't, but I can see it.
Speaker 2: I don't. Do we have anything? Oh tomorrow night we're going line dancing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, saying let's where did that come from?
Speaker 2: Let's see. You don't need to know everything about it.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right, right, But.
Speaker 2: My wife loves dancing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, is this a date you planned?
Speaker 2: It was her idea, she's she was the time she saw the uh the event posted somewhere. Anyway, we'll be down in the SCV if you guys want to show up. We're yeah, that sounds great. It should be great. Yeah, it could be great, But then I have to dance.
Speaker 1: So are you a bad dancer? You dance?
Speaker 2: You really?
Speaker 1: You really did a great job on that poll in Philadelpa.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, that's so nice of you. I think on Monday, the plan is that we'll go to a Memorial Day event at Eternal Valley, which is down off the fourteen.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's nice to bring everybody down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna be in Huntington Beach on Monday, and they always do a great job on Memorial Day. Just just overall, that's a great place to spend a day like that.
Speaker 2: I can't read the name on this one. Can you read those letters? Easy? Really? Who said that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay? In your opinion, do you see the forty nine ers having a decent season this year? Do you have any predictions?
Speaker 1: I think maybe five hundred. They had the easiest schedule in the league. You know, brock Party just signed to a nice deal, so that questions off the table. They've lost a lot of talent. You don't get to the super Bowl twice in that few of years and then keep everyone together. That's why you got to cash in when you get there. Unfortunately, they did not do that, and they're gonna feel the pay it. George Kittle, you know you've got Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: This is from Chris.
Speaker 1: Where's Chris doing football anymore?
Speaker 2: Well? I know Chris, our friend from Altadiana. Chris. Who has a better chance of winning the Super Bowl? Chargers or Niners?
Speaker 1: Definitely the Chargers.
Speaker 2: You think the Chargers do this year?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I'm interested to see what they've done with the run game. I'm interested to see what that running back can do.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Mike Williams is back. I love it. Justin Herbert to Mike Williams connection.
Speaker 2: He's back.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you weren't doing KFI, this, Chris is question to me, if you weren't doing KFI, what would you want to be doing as a job? Adult theater?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: No, Camil kissing.
Speaker 2: As a job to get paid as a job. Major League baseball player okay? F sixteen pilot and.
Speaker 1: Love maker Okay, So I think he meant like for real, Like I think he meant for real.
Speaker 2: If you meant for real, I'd probably be a teacher. Somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, why don't you do that like on your spare time, my spare time, my second job. You could teach a course, you.
Speaker 2: Know, because school is usually from eight to two or eight to three Tuesday and Thursday nights. No name on this one. I wasn't able to listen on Monday. How how oh how much hell did Gary get from his wife for Peter getting out? Well, my wife is here to tell us how much shit I got, So come on up, come come heress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what we all wanted to know, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Shannon number one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can swear right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can say whatever you want.
Speaker 5: Oh god, you are such a drama queen.
Speaker 3: I am yes, why I mean, yes, I was puckered because I was not in control.
Speaker 5: I wasn't there. But you make it.
Speaker 2: Sound like what key point you weren't in control? I was, and that's why you were puckered.
Speaker 5: You were on the air. I couldn't get a hold of you.
Speaker 3: I'm driving down the freeway AT's seventy five miles an hour in Oregon.
Speaker 2: And my dog's not well. Now, to be clear, I think you are a witness to this that I have coworkers. I have coworkers that will attest that. When I looked at the phone, I saw that it was you calling, but knowing that you were on the road, I had just Now I can't remember how it went.
Speaker 1: I think it's convenient.
Speaker 2: I think you called right as we went to a news break, because if you call, this is the thing, guys, and you know that drama.
Speaker 3: He is stretching this thing out. If you were like twenty minutes of like who's going to go get the dog from the neighbors?
Speaker 5: Because I am puckered. But it got resolved.
Speaker 2: Quickly, and I wasn't that mad. Well no, I didn't say you were mad. They wanted to know how mad you were, how much hell I got.
Speaker 1: Listen, if I.
Speaker 3: Can get a new front door out of it, I'm gonna milk it as well, because it's kind of old.
Speaker 2: And yanky and it doesn't close.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I love a pretty door. American Vision has great doors.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes they do.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You're welcome, Shannon number one.
Speaker 4: Everybody all right, Uh, this name is only Altadena fire survivor out being a fire survivor outside of Chris over here.
Speaker 2: Oh what were Gary and Shannon's high school swimming events. What did did you? Were you on the swim team did we discuss.
Speaker 1: I swam breaststroke.
Speaker 2: High five guys high.
Speaker 1: Five and freestyle relay.
Speaker 2: And the relay. Did you any individual event or the breastroke was your individual event?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did sprint. I did freestyle sprints. That's what just fifteen one hundred. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't hold my breath any longer than that. Mike, the show stops for you. Goodbye, And one guy came up to say goodbye. Thank you Mike for coming and bringing all your friends. We appreciate it. What was Gary's high school football position?
Speaker 1: Bench? Right? Bench?
Speaker 2: I played? I was a running back, as you could tell by my body. Thank you for laughing. I was a running back and I played defensive back. Not very often, not very often.
Speaker 1: They have that DV personality.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, Higge. Is Higgy here?
Speaker 1: I like that name. That's fun.
Speaker 2: Higgey asked this very flattering question, what do you guys do to keep looking great?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: Thank you. I haven't eaten pizza yet. That's how I keep looking great.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if you have some sort of condition. I haven't. Usually I see you eat a piece easy.
Speaker 2: I had the pepperoni off of that before you mangled it. Whatever happened to it. I like, somebody brought us a piece of the pizza that we have pep I'm not a dainty bell pepper and the extra cheese. And she went like this, no thanks, I'm just fine. So I took the pepperoni off because we're coming back from a break. I can't eat a full mouth full of pizza. And then she went I did Becca Becca with a k. Becca Becca asks what is the most interesting country you have visited? We had the question earlier about Estonian pancakes. I know that's a pretty esoteric place to visit.
Speaker 1: I think I would say Morocco most interesting. Yeah, just the most foreign of the foreign lands that I've that I've been to. And I was only there for a day, but I mean talk about like an otherworldly experience. It seemed because Europe, you kind of go there and you look like everyone because you know, we all we all hail from that area. But yeah, Morocco was very different.
Speaker 2: Here's a sidelight. You've traveled a lot more than I have. What is the most America like country that you've been to, like you didn't expect it to be as advanced or loud or brightly colored or whatever.
Speaker 1: America is just so special.
Speaker 2: Oh, round of applause for America.
Speaker 1: Because like your experience in la is so different from New York, and so different from Yellowstone or you know, anywhere Texas, it's Florida. It's like, there's there's so much. I don't think you can put America into a box that way, like I can put Spain into a box. You know, loud and fun and colorful, and great food and walkable and great transit and all the things, and great energy and spirit. It's like it's kind of all similar that way. I mean there's countrysides and then there's cities. But I just I have a hard time with putting America in a box.
Speaker 2: And Becca asked specifically, most interesting, what would you say is the most beautiful country that.
Speaker 1: You've been to? This is very difficult.
Speaker 2: America's too easy, too easy, I can't.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: No, Russia. You've been in Russia?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Russia? No?
Speaker 2: No, not beautiful right.
Speaker 1: Everyone there frowns. Our tour guide in Russia said that the tour when you get in the tour industry, some of the time they spend learning how to be a tour guide is learning how to smile. And she was like, because there's nothing to smile about here, and we were like, oh shit, dire, Like, that's part of your training is learning how to smile. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: I haven't traveled as much as you have, but I would say the most interesting country is probably the most exotic for me, which was I went to Haiti a couple of times. Yeah, yeah, I was there on a dating app convention that we went to. My wife actually was working with an orphanage in a school and a health clinic down there for long, so so I was there a couple of times. And it's just there's no place from what I know, there's no place closer to the United States geographically that is so wildly not the United States and the way things run in the infrastructure and the way people treat each other, and it's just it's so and now it's completely different with gangs running the country, et cetera. Sorry for the downer, Corey. Where's Corey's Corey still here? Corey around? Corey wanted to know would you live in Lancaster?
Speaker 1: Don't lie right here? Don't lie at Bravery Brewing. I already said I wanted to spend the night.
Speaker 2: If there was an apartment above above the tasting room over here.
Speaker 1: You know what I love about Lancaster is the drive. What you're driving in and you lose all the people, you lose, the traffic, you lose, the you lose LA on your way in, and it's just beautiful. I mean, I love the open space.
Speaker 2: One of the reasons I like where I live. There's a lot of cops and firefighters there. One of the things I love about Lancaster and Palmdale a lot of military, a lot of cops.
Speaker 1: Feel very safe, very.
Speaker 2: Very safe around Krik Michelle, is this Armachelle? Do we know? If this is Armachelle? If you were the pope, what would your new pope name be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would your new pope name be?
Speaker 2: I would go with Lucius. I wouldn't be the I don't remember how many Luciuses there have been. I think there's been three or four Lucius, so that when I went home to my pope wife, I could say, Pope Luscis is home. I've been thinking about that one for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, there's so many problems with that Can we go to the next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you'd like to. It doesn't By the way, it doesn't get better. Just so you know, these get bad. How does Shannon get so much time off? Are you hiring?
Speaker 1: I got a couple of texts like that.
Speaker 2: But you haven't had a day off since March? I'll say that. Do you guys play Wordle?
Speaker 1: Yes? Every day? I haven't played it yet today I don't. I do whirl and Connections usually like right away. Sometimes I wait a little bit, but I love I love this.
Speaker 2: I like I don't play Whordle every day. I play Squaredle just about every day. A little different. Tina, right, Tina, Who would you most want to interview? Yeah, carte blanche, anybody you could interview? Who would you interview?
Speaker 1: I mean, for my money, I don't think it gets better than Richard Dreyfus again, you know, just to tell him, because because when we interviewed him the first time, the show was new and we were nice, and like now I would be like, you're an asshole, sir, and you've ruined mister Holland's opus for me forever, and for you to take that away from me, that's specialness. Screw you Richard.
Speaker 3: Dreyfus, Right, yeah, what would you say.
Speaker 1: To Richard Dreyfus.
Speaker 2: I would tell him the funk off?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah you would.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All right, now this is we do a group one. This is the last, too far last question. And it's a little twist on what you might remember. It says, it's directed to you. But I'll do it for both of us. Marry one, kill one, oh and eat one. Oh huh handle, oh cobilt.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: That's clever. Who did that?
Speaker 2: Mary kill or eat? Congratulates. That's a good one, really good Mary kill eat. Okay, I'll handle John cole Belt, Tim Conway.
Speaker 1: I would eat. That's gonna be awful. But one of those people is a very big clean freak. Yep, you know what I mean. That is a that is a clean person who's got more money John or Handle. That's a real dingo, isn't it. I guess i'd I don't. I don't want to kill John. I'd kill handle. Yeah, that's an easy one.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody can agree on that.
Speaker 1: Why did that take me so long to get there?
Speaker 2: I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'd marry John, I'd kill a kill a handle and.
Speaker 2: Eat wrong, you're correct, and you kill Handle.
Speaker 1: Coll would be fun.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's the you marry Conway, he'd be great companies.
Speaker 1: You have to eat John or Handle.
Speaker 2: But just think some of the best, some of the best, the best cuts of meat are those marbled meats. And and I guarantee that John with all the beef easy. Yeah, yeah, well marbled. Yeah, you're right. Well, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen that man put down a lot of meat.
Speaker 2: All right. If you are listening to this podcast, make sure you subscribe to the Gary and Shannon Show podcast. Wherever you find your podcast, type in Gary and Shannon, Subscribe, share the podcast, make sure you comment on the podcast, make sure you rate the podcast.
Speaker 1: So Handle ended up dead in both our scenarios. That's not nice.
Speaker 2: I didn't you started it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all.
Speaker 4: Thanks everybody.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a good ending.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI A M six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap