Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldr dot com. That is also something you should know. You could put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more and get a free gold and silver guide right now at Genesis gooldr dot com. I'm excited to have a couple of guests joining me today. I have Johnny and Dairy from the band Honeymoon Sweet. Now, guys, I'm gonna admit to something here. You were in Sioux Falls, I think it was like twenty thirteen for Ribfest, And when I was chatting with the guys from Honeymoon Sweet, I discovered some of you were from the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, and I was telling them that the Soup Falls, the falls that we have in sup Falls, were far more impressive than Niagara Falls, and the guy was like, I've never heard of these, I'm not sure about this. So I had convinced him that Sue Falls and our falls were way more impressive than Niagara Falls. And there was a whole bustload of people who went down to the falls to check it out, and there was actually a photo of you guys at the falls in the newspaper the next day and it said that you were pranked by a local radio station. That was actually me, So I was the one that sent you on the Wild Goose Chase to see our falls.
Speaker 3: Hey, well, nice to talk to you, John, I'll remember I was just talking to Darren prior to this.
Speaker 4: We played there. We've played there with Love.
Speaker 2: Her Boy absolutely and it was a wonderful show.
Speaker 3: And another Canadian band, April Wine. Yeah, April Wine.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're friends of ours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excellent. Well thanks for having us on.
Speaker 2: John, Yeah, excited to chat you guys. Got all kinds of fun stuff you're working on. So first of all, you've got an upcoming cruise or two, because it looks like you're on the Eighties Cruise and on the Blues Cruise as well.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Sure, So let's talk about the Eighties cruise first. Is this the first time you've done that.
Speaker 5: It's the first time we've done the Eighties Cruise, but man, we've done three. We've done several cruises. There's so many of them out there.
Speaker 3: But we've done a few before.
Speaker 1: But this will be our first one of that kind and you put on one heck of a good show, and we saw you at the Sands and it might have still been called Eighties in the Sands at the time, but we've been to that many, many years, and I'm pretty sure have you been there a couple of times now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, of course, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 4: I remember anywhere where it's warm time.
Speaker 2: And I sound like a stalker all these places that I've been bumping into you guys, but I think that what you do and the music we like are just such a good fit. So and then let's talk a little bit about the Blues Cruise or the Blue Cruise. What is that? And I've not heard of that one yet.
Speaker 5: That is in late August of this year. It leaves from Boston and it actually goes up to Canada for three or four days and bounces around up there in eastern Canada to sub cities, and then it goes back to Boston. And there's a lot of cool bands on it.
Speaker 3: I'm not really sure. I don't have the list in front.
Speaker 5: Of me, but if you go to Bluescruise dot com again, a lot of great, lot of great players on there, and we're well, you know, we're excited to do it.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about Honeymoon Sweet. You guys have been doing this now for a bit. How long has Honeymoon Sweet been together?
Speaker 3: Johnny I started the band out of Toronto, Ontario, early eighties. I'm talking like eighty eighty one, you know. It was a cover band, and I played and built a pretty solid foundation Frost across Ontario basically basically cross Canada. Then then I met up with yours truly who's on the other lying Dairy, who had some great songs, and one in particular was a song called New Grove. Now, long story short, we recorded it, but sent it out, sent it to this one radio station and Toronto called Q one O seven started playing. They had a contest or whatever. It was our first uh you chance to radio. When they started playing the track, they got a lot of call and call in. It was a contest and it won.
Speaker 4: And this created like even a bigger buzz.
Speaker 3: And then once Jerry and I got to be in the band together as writers and he was a guitar player, we started hiring what we have now is our original band pretty much, which is lasted over three decades. We still have bands and these it like this.
Speaker 4: Not to go on.
Speaker 3: But these cruises there's gonna be people from all over the world coming to see our band, which is like really really cool.
Speaker 4: So Dary and I and the rest of the band are.
Speaker 3: Very excited to get on these cruises and we're luck we can still go play big live shows and you.
Speaker 2: Guys do such a good job. Every time we've had a chance to see Honeymoon Sweet, it has been just an amazing performance. And one of the things that was fun with Eighties in the Sand, they always wanted to make sure they had eighties bands from Canada and nineties bands from Canada as well, because they have such a following of people from Canada. One of the things that was really cool when they have like a Honeymoon Sweede or a lover Boy. You guys were huge in Canada, but you were also huge in the United States as well.
Speaker 3: We did we did okay, just let me say this, we did okay across most of the USA would have royal fans like across you know, cross, but we didn't have all the hits. I know that, I feel it again, uh charted the billboard, I know that what does it take charted?
Speaker 4: We just needed like.
Speaker 3: That one breakthrough song which we didn't have. But we're lucky enough to do other American TV shows like what's the name of that? Don Johnson ops.
Speaker 2: Miami Vice, Miami Vice.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, like cool listening watching that series, which was a really cool series, and they're playing Bad Attitude a bunch of different songs. Anyways, just needed that one big song. It would have put us over the top. But it has to happen, yea, but who knows. Let's see what happens to.
Speaker 2: I love them all And you've got another option right now because you got a new album alive and it's out and I'm going to make sure we share that. How long has the album been out and where can people find it?
Speaker 3: It's been out for a bit already, right very you say Honeymoon Sweet band dot com. But it's it's it's all.
Speaker 4: People can find it on social media. Correct your dermot correctly if I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's you know, you go to Instagram or Facebook. We're on there under Honeymoon.
Speaker 1: Suite dot com.
Speaker 5: People can get the album, the vinyl and the CD if they go to our web store at Rockcaper merch dot com. So it's out there and it's great it's available.
Speaker 2: I'll make a link to make it easy to find. Johnny Dairy, thank you so much for your time. We appreciate it a bunch.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you again.
Speaker 2: Johnny and Dairy from the band Honeymoon Suite, which of course we play here on Sunny Radio. And I'm going to throw a link to their album at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Something you Should Know, Something you Should Know. It is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldra dot com