Speaker 1: We all love to hear. When a cold case finally gets solved, it not only brings closure to the family and friends of victims, but it also ensures that violent criminals pay for their crimes and are no longer free to commit Once again. With today's case, we get to experience a cold case being solved, and what exactly happened and how it gets solved is nothing short of jaw dropping. This is the case of Jorge Aliva Torres. My name's Ben, I'm.
Speaker 2: Nicole and you're listening to Wicked and Grim true crime podcast.
Speaker 1: The following podcast material intended for a mature audience. Listener discretion is advised. Okay, so fall is officially in full swing. We're not fall yet, but the fall is here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so I have Oh yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Who has been working on Halloween costumes? Who has had their first pumpkin spice latte? I gotta know, like, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, the pumpkin spice craze.
Speaker 1: Hey yeah, the pumpkin spice craze.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll admit I'm pretty basic, but that is like one thing that I don't do. I'm not like into the pumpkin spice.
Speaker 1: Have you had a pumpkin spice latte?
Speaker 2: I think so? But I don't really drink coffee, right, so I didn't really like it.
Speaker 1: Well you can't. Can you not get like a pumpkin spice chai tea latte or something?
Speaker 2: Maybe? But I don't know. I'm fine not being super into it.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough. I mean I like pumpkin spice because it's basically just the same spice and seasonings that go on a pumpkin pie, and I fucking love them.
Speaker 2: Well pumpkin pie with a whole bunch of whipped cream. Okay, but dude, you haven't ordered our costumes? No, not yet, Holy heck, because yeah we have like our annual photo shoot.
Speaker 1: We do? We do?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to Amazon right now and live while we're recording this, and I am not editing this out. I am.
Speaker 2: Are you going to say what it is you're looking for?
Speaker 1: Should I?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No? Because I think I was. I think was it last episode? I don't even know I told you about that cool Halloween candle thing. Oh yeah, And then people are like, don't tell him, don't tell him? Or was that in our live might have been our live. I don't know. I can't remember. Everything's a blur.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we're not telling you, but I definitely see pieces for what I can order. Okay, yeah, we can get it like in a couple of days. Easy, peasy, lemon, freaking squeezy.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, this is good. I'm actually kind of excited for this photo shoot.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: It's not as all out as we went last year with the zombie shoot, that one where Nicole bashed my head in, but it's it's gonna be fun. It's yeah, it's good.
Speaker 2: That was voted on.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was voted on, and well, they voted whether I kill you or you kill me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm not an evil person. Or maybe they voted that I was an evil person. I think it would make more it'd be more fitting. It was that way.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what the vote was was, which makes more sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, never mind, take it back.
Speaker 1: So you are the evil person, I'm the evil person. I think it was a Patreon vote, wasn't it that we went to?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and speaking of patrons, don't we have some to think we do.
Speaker 1: What a great segue. So people that signed up for Patreon get that behind the scenes access. They get the exclusive episode library where we come up with an extra episode at the end of each month. So thank you to Martha Hatfield, JD the media. Thank you JD specifically, he's a local friend of ours. Nicole Baptiste, you guys are amazing. You signed up, you get all that. And also I do have to say today's case is also a Patreon recommended case, Okay, and Nicole actually recommended this one as well, So Nicole Baptiste, you are the one who recommended this case. And I went and did some research right away and here we are. Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And like right before this, we just recorded a fifteen minute pre show and you know, dropped some life events.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they get it where it's at it is. They get all that behind the scenes goodness for sure. Honestly, I've been thinking for a while of creating like a VIP Patreon thing where maybe it's like, I don't know, sticker club or something we send up monthly stickers or I don't like, don't I don't know, maybe we should talk to Patreon, see what you think of that.
Speaker 2: Something that's kind of VIP. It would be cool. It would be monthly mail. Gosh, it's like a penpal kind of Yeah.
Speaker 1: It could be like we could write like mystery like true crime things that we just make up, of course, but it could be like a mystery letter where it's like, oh, you know, I've been We can have these fake penpals where he's confessing a murder for like over the course of an entire year or something like that, and then finally on that last letter, Oh my god, that's when you get it's like solved and you figure it out and you know, or something like that. I think something like that would be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that is cool, but it's also like, ah, I don't want to know right now, and you have to you go through the process of a whole year. But I mean, sometimes good things are worth the way, right Yeah.
Speaker 1: So maybe we'll go over to Patreon here in a little while and uh and see what they have to say. But for now, I think we got to jump into this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So today we are heading to Arlington, Virginia in twenty ten, So in the late hours of February fourth, transitioning into the early mornings of February fifth, Corporal T. L. Clifford, seasoned officer with the Arlington Police Department, noticed something a little bit peculiar in the area. See for eight years, he had been patrolling an area known as the quote Valley Beat, becoming familiar with, you know, the usual activities, the regular people, the normal things that happened, whether it's the good, the bad, the ugly, right, okay, so he he could spot pretty much any unusual behavior in an instant and that night something definitely caught his attention. It was a silver dodged Durango as it was creepy, started creeping and slowly going along Sherlington Road. It was behaving in a way that seemed out of place. Though the Durraguo eventually left the area, it wasn't long before the vehicle once again reappeared, raising further questions in the officer's mind. He's sitting here thinking, what are they doing? Who is this person? Something?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: It doesn't it doesn't quite seem right. So this time though, the Durango was moving slowly near a place dubbed four Mile Run, which is a popular route for cyclists and joggers. Hence you know four mile run.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, Officer Clifford watched as the suv parked between two trucks by a bike path. The driver switched off the headlights and sat idling for about fifteen minutes. Even though the headlights were off, the vehicle was idling and still on. Then after about fifteen minutes or so, turned the headlights back on and took off. Huh, Officer Clifford knew something wasn't right. As I said before, he can kind of see if something's out of the ordinary, almost in an instant, and this was out of the ordinary. Now, the driver hadn't exactly committed any visible offense, or he's not doing any sort of crime just by driving and parking, right, but the situation was odd enough that he ran the license plate just in case the search came back clean. There were no warrants, no red flags attached to the vehicle at all, still, just in case. He jotted the license plate number down in the event that he might ever need it.
Speaker 2: I like how observant he's being.
Speaker 1: This is good, right, He's doing his due diligence, that's for sure. Totally so little did did he know, though, that this small detail would later help lead to the capture of a dangerous serial rapist and murderer. Oh yeah, and the man that was behind this durango uh huh was most likely scouting for his next victim.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So the following day, on February fifth into the sixth. So it's the same kind of like transition from day to night to day. Right, the durango yet made another.
Speaker 2: Appearance sack Okay.
Speaker 1: The city was especially quiet due to a massive snowstorm that had nearly paralyzed the entire city and area. Things were shut down, businesses weren't running, people couldn't really drive to work or anywhere around. Right, So Officer Clifford saw the vehicle again and continued to keep an eye on it. This time, it parked in a dimly lit spot near some local bars. Its headlights once again were switched off, and it sat idling before driving away. Eventually, after a few minutes, trusting his gut, Officer Clifford contacted a fellow officer, Andrew Nascelli, who is nearby, and he asked him to keep an eye out for this suspicious durangle that was headed in his direction. Officer Necelli agreed. However, their surveillance was quickly cut short when they were called to respond to a nearby traffic incident instead, So while dealing with the incident, fate would intervene. The durango passed them by, windows rolled down as it drive by them. For the first time, Officer Clifford got a very clear look at the driver. It was a clean shaven young man wearing a black wool cap. Done dun dum.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I was like waiting for some reason. I was thinking that someone, a victim was going to be in there or something.
Speaker 1: Nope, okay, no, there's nothing suspicious other than.
Speaker 2: Okay, he got a clear look at at him.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, okay, yeah, there's nothing actually suspicious about this individual outright to the officers, it was just something's not sitting right with them.
Speaker 2: You gotta trust those gout feelings sometimes you do. Sure. I think, I don't know. I try. I don't trust mine very oft well.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I try hard to make sure I do, because lots of times you're just like no, it's like it's fine, it's fine, but you gotta kind of listen.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes it's saying something to you for it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now.
Speaker 1: In the early hours of February tenth, in twenty ten, a twenty five year old woman who will call Michelle, was walking with her boyfriend or walking to her boyfriend's house in Arlington, Virginia. Michelle had just finished her night shift as an r nurse. Now, due to another winter storm that had hit the area, she was released from work early. After taking the train to the Virginia Square station. She planned to catch a cab from there, but unfortunately, because the storm, no taxis were available, which forced her to walk the remaining distance on foot. As she walked through the snowy streets, nearing the seventeen hundred block of Norwork Quincy Street, an unsettling presence lurked nearby, and suddenly a man emerged from the shadows, grabbing Michelle's jacket from behind. Startled, she turned to confront him, but before she could react, he pressed a gun to her side, ordering her to stay silent and keep moving. The man began to push Michelle towards his sue, attempting to force her inside, but Michelle refused, and when she resisted, the attacker pulled out a knife to further threaten her life, most likely so he could threaten her and not make any noise with a gun shot right.
Speaker 2: Well, who knows even if that gun was real, right? I feel like sometimes they criminals use like a fake gun. Yeah, potentially, couldn't know for sure it was real in this setting, yeap.
Speaker 1: So in a desperate attempt to escape, Michelle fought back, struggling fiercely before breaking free, dropping her purse, and she sprinted through the snow, adrenaline fueling her as she raced to her boyfriend's house. When she arrived, she immediately called police.
Speaker 2: Okay, she got away. Yes.
Speaker 1: Though shaken Shell was able to give the authorities a clear description of her attacker's face. However, when it came to the vehicle, her recollection was less certain. She thought it might have been a light colored suv, possibly tan, but wasn't entirely sure. The incident was quickly broadcast over police radios, catching the attention of Officer Clifford, who was parked in his squad car at the time. As he listened to the details, something clicked. He couldn't shake the suspicion that this attack could be linked to the silver Durango, an suv that he had observed behaving suspiciously just a few days earlier. When he voiced his thoughts to another officer, though his concerns were dismissed and the connection wasn't pursued.
Speaker 2: Okay, because a Dodge dra Ango is an suv.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I was thinking it was a truck. But okay, so that's why right away I was like, oh, this is a different person, but it might not be.
Speaker 1: No, it's a here, this is what it. I mean, this is a twenty twenty five because that's what pops up when you google it right away, the most recent.
Speaker 2: But that's okay, okay, and go yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he saw this silver colored suv, wrote the license plate down, and now a woman a couple days later is being trying to be forced into a light colored suv. So despite Officer Clifford's got feeling, nothing was pushed forward, and unbeknownst to of course him or Michelle, yeah this would things would tie into a much larger and more horrifying pattern of crime unfolding in the area. Because two weeks later, on Saturday, February twenty seventh, twenty ten two more women would face a terrifying attack at the hands of a man driving a light colored suv. At around two am, a woman who I'm going to call Helen was walking to her house near North Wakefield Street when a man approached her. He approached her from behind, and he told her he had a gun and ordered her to get into his suv. Like Michelle before her, Helen refused. A struggle broke out. The attacker pulled out a taser, pressing it against her neck. Now, miraculously, the taser failed to fire, giving Helen a chance to break free and run. She managed to call nine to one, but once again, just like Michelle's case, the man disappeared before authorities could arrive. Just two hours after that, two hours later, on the same street, another attack occurred. At four a m. Two twenty three year old grad students who I'm going to call Diane and Sammy were walking home from a night out with friends. As they approached Diane's house on North Wakefield Street, Pawed the two women paused outside while Diane searched her purse for keys. Suddenly, a man stepped out from behind a parked car and brandished a gun, acting quickly he forced both the women inside Diane's home. Oh my goshh this time he didn't want to leave opportunity for someone to break free and run.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Ah, well, I mean, yeah, he's had a lot well that we know of a lot of misses, but I mean there could be times in between that.
Speaker 1: There could definitely be other cases or other things. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, this just reminded me too. I remember my sister saying, because like I don't know, as a woman, like you have to be kind of like observant to a degree. And I'm sure men do too, but more so women because a lot of women they'll like say that they're grocery shopping or they're doing something, and then afterwards they like sit in their car or like just to get their their bearings or like see what's on their list to do next or whatever. And she was like, always lock your door when you're doing that, and like, yeah, this like she's just like digging in her purse, right, and like, yeah, for one second, probably not totally aware of her surroundings.
Speaker 1: And yeah, now I understand I may not be as vulnerable or a target quite as like you might be in that situation, but still saying I always lock my doors. If I am sitting in a parking lot, locked right.
Speaker 2: Away, I know why not? Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, I mean, all it takes is for someone to decide you were target for one reason or another. Maybe it is because you know you are a woman, or maybe it's because hey, maybe they saw me at the cash register in the grocery store and saw I had a twenty in my wallet. Like you know, who knows the reasoning you should always lock your doors?
Speaker 2: Well, I always find I'm most nervous, say if we're at the grocery store together and say I'm in the car while it's running and you're running it in and I'm like in the fastener seat. Yeah, That's when I'm always like, Okay, this door needs to be locked, because some would easily just like pulp in the driver's seat and like take off.
Speaker 1: For a one hundred percent. So well, and I even have a That's one of the reasons why I carry a pocket knife with me is because you know, if we're in an instant, I have something to help defend you or me or whatever. And there's many times where you know, like we're walking by someone that seems a little shady. I usually try and put myself between them and you, and I have my hand in my pocket, but it's ready for an elbow to throw up if I need. Like, there's these things that cross my mind in many scenarios. Yeah, but I do agree. Many times it is women who are more susceptible, which is very unfortunate. But we digress back to the case. So, once they are pushed inside, he asked Diane if anyone else was in the home, though she had a roommate sleeping upstairs. Diane lied.
Speaker 2: She told him no, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the man then ordered both women to kneel in the living room and he tied their hands together using a vacuum cleaner cord. After binding them, the man left the room. Diane Sammy immediately began working to loosen the restraints and they were nearly free when the attacker returned. Enraged at their attempt, he retied their hands using a an iron like an iron cord. This time he's also using an iron cord.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like that would hold very well, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it would. I don't think it would, but yeah, he retied their hands, and at knife point, forced both women into a bedroom using a knife that he grabbed, most likely from the kitchen. The women complied, but as soon as the man left the room again, they sprang into action. Diane threw herself against the door, slamming it shut behind the man. Sammy, still holding her phone in her pocket, quickly.
Speaker 2: Dialed nine okay one, yes.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not too sure if the I don't think the phone could fully connect. I'm not certain exactly, but the attacker burst back into the room and smashed the phone against the wall. He then grabbed Sammy, dragging her out of the house and down the street, and forced her into the suv and sped away.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile inside the house, Diane began screaming and making as much noise as possible, banging the vacuum cleaner, which was binding her wrists. Yeah around to wake up her roommate upstairs, who rushed down and together they immediately called nine one one from there. Okay, so I'm not sure if the nine one one call on the cell phone went through or not, but regardless, it was like a minute later they're dialing nine one one again.
Speaker 2: Like this guy kind of realized he couldn't take both of them on. Yes, kind of thing, it seems, yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, kesh. Sorry. Diane told authorities that the assailant was so young he could have passed for a high schooler.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, huh.
Speaker 1: Also bald, clean shaven.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can remember how the officer described clean shaven, clean shaven.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the man drove Sammy away from the scene, forcing her to lie low in the back of the seat, pushing her head down of trying to avoid drawing any sort of attention, and once he reached the remote location, he parked the car and climbed into the back seat with her, where he subjected her to a horrifying assault.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh no.
Speaker 1: He first forced her to perform oral sex and then put a put on a condom, saying quote, I'm not stupid, before raping her.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, you are, your stupid piece of shit. Actually yeah, actually, actually he is. Yeah, yeah, he's totally wrong.
Speaker 1: Rare yep. The assault continued, and when it was over, the man wrapped her head and mouth with packing tape and placed her on the floor in the back seat. He then drove toward Prince William County Virginia, stopping in a secluded area near the highway. There he assaulted her once again, and when he was finished, he took the scarf that she had been wearing, wrapped it around her neck and began tightening it. She was terrified and cried out what are you doing, to which the man replied, what do you think I'm doing?
Speaker 2: Okay, please tell me she lives.
Speaker 1: He continued to tighten the scarf until Sammy went limp, and then he disposed of her in the woods and drove away.
Speaker 2: Did she die?
Speaker 1: Hours later, at eight am, Thomas and Lynn Love were driving near Prince William Forest Park along the Alps Road, same area where Sammy was dumped, when they spotted something unusual in the snow. A young woman crawling through the snow. Okay, badly injured, but alive. It was Sammy.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, Sammy, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: She managed to tell police that her attacker had been driving a silver SUV just like the other assaults. Her survivor or her survival would soon play a very crucial role in identifying the man responsible for the string of brutal attacks.
Speaker 2: What a complete piece of garbage, She just like did what he wanted and just like disposed of her like she was nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just just pieced out.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that is just so disgusting that.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So.
Speaker 1: Officered Clifford once again heard the call, and he knew this time it must be related to the durangle that he had seen before. They ran the plate number that he had written down, because remember he wrote it down and it was registered to a young man by the name of Jorge Leva torri Is. Now I'm going to refer to him as George from here on out because it's I'm not a Spanish speaking and Joe is not my instinct to how to pronounce it. So I'm just going to go George, and many other people do just say George's for the easy, you know, translation sort of thing. Fair enough, So his name is Jorge, but I am going to be saying George from here.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Uh, they believe that one of the survivors from the attack, so they brought not believe they brought one of the survivors from the attacks into the station. Now, what they did from here is they showed her a picture lineup of several different individuals who could potentially be a suspect. Right, I want to see if she could identify.
Speaker 2: George George within there, Yeah, okay, she was.
Speaker 1: Able to identify without a doubt that he was the one who attacked them.
Speaker 2: So he's like not even going about like covering his face or anything. No, Oh my gosh, And I'm not stupid. You are a stupid piece of shit.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, Like.
Speaker 1: You're just out in them. You are stupid.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, he's much more than a stupid piece of shit, but like, oh, what an idiot?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I'm I'm not a fan of George.
Speaker 2: Yeah, none of us are here.
Speaker 1: No. So, after he was identified from the picture lineup, immediately a warrant for his arrest was sent out. So there was helicopters circling the neighborhood. There was like canine units. There was they were knocking on doors, questioning neighbors, all this sort of stuff. They were they were going through, They were trying to find them. They were doing what they needed to do to bring George in. Now a little bit of background on George. So George Aliyah, sorry Jorge for the reference of this one, but I will say, George, I'm here now. So Jorge Aliva Torres was born on August eighteenth, nineteen eighty eight, and he was raised in Zion, Illinois. No according to the reports, the reports in the Washington Sorry the Washingtonian, Washingtonian, I think it's how you say it. But anyways, according to the reports in that Georgie, his parents were immigrants from Mexico. His father worked in a cardboard factory while his mother was a homemaker. Now George grew up in Sorry with one sister, Sarah, and the two shared a particularly close bond. Throughout high school, George frequently skipped classes and often found himself in minor trouble. However, in two thousand and five, he faced more serious consequences when he was caught with marijuana, leading to his expulsion from school. Now, most of the time he did didn't get into much trouble. He wasn't really much of a smoker or drinker like many of the older kids, and it led to like some of his friends' parents actually liking him quite a bit. But he was quite he was quite an outcast, and he was apparently really into like mountain biking. I don't know if it was like mountain biking on trails, but he had a mountain bike. They'd definitely be riding around the neighborhood and stuff. And he had a collection of throwing stars that he really liked as well, and he was not reportedly very good with the ladies.
Speaker 2: Okay, throwing stars, what do you do with that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You throw them?
Speaker 2: Are they like sharp? Or are they going into you? Throw the mentature kind of thing?
Speaker 1: Or yeah, ninja throwing someone.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I was thinking, but I wasn't certain that's exactly.
Speaker 1: What they were. Okay, yeah, But despite his setback of smoking marijuana, George managed to graduate from the Zion Benton Township High School in two thousand and six. After graduation, George wasted no time and immediately enlisted in the Marine Corps. Course Marine Corps, I'm bad, there you go. By April two thousand and nine, he was stationed at Joint Base Meyer Henderson Hall in Arlington, Virginia, where he performed administrative duties. Now he resided on base in Keith Hall, a facility that how is the mix of personnel including male and female Marine sailors and a few airmen as well. Friends described George as dependable. He was an individual who had a passion for cars, trucks, video games, his bikes, you know, his ninja throwing stars. He was also known as the type marine who would go out of his way to help others, even giving you, you know, the off his back if need be.
Speaker 2: Oh, this description is actually making him seem like not a terrible person. Yeah, I'm not enjoying this.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, that's that's exactly the case. He seems like he's not a terrible person. Yeah, he doesn't seem like the type of individual who could actually commit these crimes. Right, So the question was was it George? Is it actually him?
Speaker 2: Okay, right, I didn't even go there. As you're reading this, I'm like, it is him.
Speaker 1: Well that's kind of what officers were thinking. It's like, Okay, this doesn't really match up too well, but you know, it is his vehicle, that's what it's registered to. So we're gonna go question him. We're gonna go see. So officers approached George's vehicle in the parking lot outside of Keith's Hall, where he was stationed. They decided to take a quick glance through the windows, and what they saw was a little bit chilling, because in the back seat they spotted an iron.
Speaker 2: Oh, which is what she was tied up in.
Speaker 1: Which is exactly what the victim was described to be tied up in. Right, So George was nowhere in sight, but his vehicle was there, so they chose not to act immediately. Instead, they decided to wait and keep an eye on the car. So they kind of scouted out the car and laid in wait, hoping that, you know what, they could apprehend him when he returned. It was less than twelve hours after he left Sammy for dead that George strolled casually towards his vehicle, completely unaware that he was being monitored, and he was quickly taken into custody. During questioning, George didn't really behave like the stereotypical criminal. In fact, the officers described him as cordial and cooperative. Throughout the two hour interview, George consistently maintained his innocence, acting as though he had no knowledge of the events. Despite his calm demeanor, the interrogation led nowhere in terms of confession. They had nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm almost wondering if someone else is using his vehicle at times or has access to his vehicle, is what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, there was evidence that would be damning against George that would tell a bit of a different story than what he's telling. Inside his vehicle, police found several critical items, the iron cord used to buying the victims, a stun gun used in one of the attacks, packing tape that matched what was used to restrain one of the women. Among personal effects recovered were Sammy's college ID card and an earring that had fallen out in the backseat during the attack. Additionally, blood found in the vehicle would later confirm to belong to Sammy. The search for George's room revealed he had more incriminating evidence, including a ten millimeters semi automatic glock and ammunition. With the overwhelming physical evidence against him, George's facade of innocence began to crumble. They also found a pair of Nike sneakers that investigators believed George had worn during the attack on Michelle, Sammy, and Diane. Adding to the damning evidence. A shirt discover in his possession had bloodstains that were later confirmed to belong to Sammy. George's computer revealed even more disturbing details. It was a treasure trove of incriminating material containing a deep unsettling history. Investigators uncovered dozens of save photos and videos depicting violent sexual acts, with titles such as quote all rape videos, best forced sex, forced sex scenes, rape collection, and sleep assault movies.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, I mean, gosh, I guess like if I mean the evidence is pointing to him, you can never know someone could. There's many cases where people come across just totally fine, but then they're actually like a secret monster.
Speaker 1: Exactly Well, I mean, look at the classic case of the situation, Ted Bundy. How he was able to charm and yeah, no I'm innocent and people loved him, but he killed how many fucking people?
Speaker 2: M hmm. There's a lot like that, like the Barbie and Ken killers.
Speaker 1: Exactly right. Yeah, so George had also previously visited a website that provided instructions on how to make chloroform. Despite his repeat claims of innocence, the evidence stacked up against him was just overwhelming.
Speaker 3: Dang.
Speaker 1: Now, the final and most damning piece of evidence that came but which really puts the idea of it being someone else who was using his vehicle aside. Yeah, this this collapses that it was a rape kit that was conducted on Sammy DNA collected from her linked George directly to the crime. Is your earlier statement when he's putting on a condom quote, I'm not stupid. Yeah, no, he's fucking stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh. Okay.
Speaker 1: With this conclusive evidence, George was charged with all three attacks that occurred. In February twenty ten. He faced fourteen total charges, including use of a firearm, abduction with intent to defile, robbery, arm breaking and entering, rape, and forcible sodomy, according to the court records. While awaiting trial, George was held at the Arlington County Detention Facility. How you doing so far?
Speaker 2: Fine? I just okay, I don't know. Right as you were saying that, I had this thought that maybe he doesn't survive in there. And then also I still have this little weird feeling that it wasn't him, and I don't know why. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: So it was him.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was him, it was him.
Speaker 1: Kay, you can put that to sleep. That's what I was saying. With the DNA link.
Speaker 2: Lash, Okay, like it's one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, they did DNA. They got his DNA from a rape victim.
Speaker 2: No, he yeah, And this was like twenty ten, you said, I think right, correct, So yeah, he and he was born in eighty eight, so he was like twenty two, like very young?
Speaker 1: Yes, holy shit?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh man, Okay, I don't know why that shocks me. You always think young people maybe aren't monsters, but I.
Speaker 1: Guess there are anyone could be a fucking monster. Yeah, honestly. Yeah. But we have flown through this case so far in all honesty, so this might be a little bit of a shorter episode today. But I do got to say this to wrap this up here. With all this stuff in mind, there is something that separates George's case from many others, because what George had been charged with was only the tip of the iceberg. Because by June of twenty ten, once authorities put George's DNA that was now collected into the database, they immediately got another DNA match from a previously unsolved case. His DNA match that of a sample collected from a double murder of two little girls five years earlier. The victims were Laura Hobbes and Crystal to Bias, and we will cover their story in part two.
Speaker 2: No, yes, hey, two little girls. We don't know their ages from five years earlier. You're probably not gonna give me any information here, and what kind of DNA was on them? Oh my gosh, okay.
Speaker 1: You got you gotta tune into Park truly.
Speaker 2: Shit because he would have been like seventeen years old.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, yeah, you're good.
Speaker 2: No, I want to keep listening. What else you got for us? Just kidding, that's all I got for you.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving it there.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, dang, because you know what, I literally before you said that, had this thought. I was like, okay, not that that what he doesn't isn't terrible, but I was like, he hasn't murdered. He didn't like successfully murder anyone, which you know is good. He still did horror horrible things, but I guess he did murder some people. Yeah hmm, innocent people that like couldn't really defend themselves near as much as like a full grown person.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, Okay, there we.
Speaker 1: Go, So tune in on Friday.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many people are just cursing you right now.
Speaker 1: Probably a lot. I mean, it's going to be in the title that it's a part one, So I'm saying that there. To my defense, it's in the title part one. But yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so intel, Okay. The silver lining is we don't have to wait a whole stink and week. We just have to wait until Friday. Well I actually only have to wait until Thursday. Ha ha, just kidding, just kidding. Wow, I know I just threw some heat there.
Speaker 1: No shit, Nicole's talking and throwing shaky.
Speaker 2: I just took the blame off you and put it on me.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, thank you. I appreciate it. Now you're the bad guy. I'm the bad guy, and that's why people think you're more likely to kill me in his on the scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, earlier you're like, yeah, I always put myself between you and everyone else, and here I'm like boom, yeah, I know, yeah, I do appreciate that you do that. I know often I'm like, I'm fine, I'm falling, but that is fine. I know I don't carry a knife. I probably should. It's not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: I bought you a hidden knife once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like in a pen. But I'm like, what am I supposed to do with this?
Speaker 1: I mean, just keep it in your purse and if you ever need it and it's there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which I'm pretty sure you've just thrown it out.
Speaker 2: Don't tell people that.
Speaker 1: But now she carries a machete on her at all times and an AK forty seven.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So hopefully you guys aren't too mad at us, because yeah that this is part one, but part two will be coming out soon. Make sure you come back and check it out. Make sure you go down description, follow us on all your socials, give us a review. We appreciate you being here. Because of people like you, the show keeps coming out with more episodes, So thank you. You guys are supporting us, and you make this show what it is.
Speaker 2: You make the show great.
Speaker 1: You make the show wicked.
Speaker 2: Oh I like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How was that?
Speaker 2: That's great?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we'll see you guys on Friday. We'll talk to you then and until
Speaker 2: Then, stay Wicked