Speaker 1: Sid and Friends in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Entertaining and informative.
Speaker 1: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Congratulations especially to Sid Rosenberg on his induction to the New York State Broadcasters Hall of Fame. I can't believe he didn't make it years ago. Today, Sid forever joins a roll call of some of the greatest legends in the history of New York broadcasting and talk radio.
Speaker 4: The best in the business, and he's the best in the business.
Speaker 3: Over many years, Sid has distinguished himself as one of the most authentic and recognizable voices in American airwaves, and he's built a smart, loyal, gigantic audience, and I happen.
Speaker 5: To be one of those people in the audience, and.
Speaker 3: I had for a long time, long before I became president.
Speaker 6: Does it piss you off when people try to on Columbus?
Speaker 7: Like Native Americans and stuff?
Speaker 5: Christopher Columbus, right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He was a degenerate. He had his problems.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He had his eccentricities.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was Jewish. Did you know that?
Speaker 7: It's actually fake.
Speaker 5: No, no.
Speaker 7: They try to say.
Speaker 5: He's Jewish, but he's not. No, he had a voice. Trust me. He had to drop his drawers to prove that. He had a brisk.
Speaker 10: Come on.
Speaker 7: Some people just like that style.
Speaker 5: You know, back then, that's how.
Speaker 7: People like a hoodless style.
Speaker 11: You know, why do you think he had to escape Spain in 1492? He was doing it on behalf of.
Speaker 12: When Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand launched the Inquisition on your people and said either convert or die. And he decided to leave with the Nina, the Pinta, the Santa, and the Maria.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, there's three, actually.
Speaker 5: The Santa Maria.
Speaker 10: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: No, no, you're wrong.
Speaker 7: No, no, Santa Maria was the third one.
Speaker 5: The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa, and the Maria.
Speaker 7: The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria.
Speaker 5: That's right. Four of the ships. Three of them made it.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: As he went.
Speaker 14: Oh, so he called one the Santa Maria after one lot.
Speaker 7: You combine the names?
Speaker 5: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 8: Are you trying to instruct me on the hero of my peeps, Christopher Columbus?
Speaker 15: I thought you, so you're Jewish. No, he is Jewish.
Speaker 16: President Trump is not expected to attend this year's 9-11 ceremonies at the September 11th memorial in lower Manhattan. Instead, he's expected to commemorate the 25th anniversary at the Pentagon where he'll deliver remarks. Vice President J.D. Vance will represent the Trump administration in Lower Manhattan. Mayor Mamdani will also attend, despite the wishes of select 9-11 family members who don't want him there.
Speaker 2: Jeanette Pick?
Speaker 17: Dude, we don't want you there.
Speaker 18: When I say we, I mean myself and the almost 90,000 people who have signed the Change.org petition. I don't know how else we can say this to you. We've gone to the media. We've, you know... had a petition started. Literally, Scott Lobato put it in skywriting. I don't know how much clearer we can tell you. We don't want you there. Like, dude, I don't like what don't you get?
Speaker 19: And if Jews in America keep putting this this idea out there that they are singularly invested in Israel, eventually someone's going to come around.
Speaker 2: And take action.
Speaker 20: Better watch out, Jews. If we don't all collectively annihilate ourselves, this super tough anchor baby who looks like Rachel Maddow if she took as much testosterone as he does says someone else will do it for us.
Speaker 19: Not against the state of Israel, mind you, but against American Jews.
Speaker 20: Assuming we're all still going to let ourselves be all who walk barred at the demands of this game chair edgelord and his traitors. Gucci purse. For someone who hates Jews, this dweeb is more of a Jap than I am. Yeah, so it's not that we're scared of him. It's that everyone knows what would happen to someone who dares to say, hey, American Muslims, if nearly half of you continue to get off on the same barbarianism that Rolling Stone's favorite cover boy cheerleads.
Speaker 7: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 19: Doesn't matter if f * * * ing rapes happen on October 7th.
Speaker 20: People might... Once you kicked out, it's because we already know what would happen to anyone who draws a picture of their profit. But preaching this.
Speaker 5: America deserved 9-11. This.
Speaker 19: If you cared about Medicare fraud or Medicaid fraud.
Speaker 21: You would kill Rick Scott.
Speaker 7: This. I wipe my ass with the Constitution.
Speaker 17: And this.
Speaker 2: I want to fucking kill him, dude.
Speaker 20: We'll get the giddy beached whales of America's most biased news sites giggling in agreement. as you casually preach about hunting down infidels of the less-Islamo-communist alliance and their Western propaganda arm.
Speaker 22: Engels wrote about the concept of social murder, and Brian Thompson, as the UnitedHealthcare CEO, was... engaging in a tremendous amount of social murder.
Speaker 20: It's that the elitist media will clean up after politicians who use Hasan Piker as a kingpin until he's no longer useful.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, he has a whole lot of followers and there's a lot of things that he's saying that are making sense to a lot of people.
Speaker 20: A lot of sense to those whose entire universe is an echo chamber of the leftist media.
Speaker 22: Mao Zedong is one of the great leaders of this world, okay?
Speaker 21: Entire universe.
Speaker 23: I think we've learned from President Trump that when he's not happy with a partner or another country, he'll make a move like this is what he's doing with Canada. He signed an executive order now changing the name of Lake Ontario to Lake America. Now, he can't unilaterally rename Lake Ontario for Canada and the world. Lake Ontario is a shared international body of water between New York and Ontario, Canada. But what Trump can do is he can direct the U.S. government to use Lake America now in federal maps and documents and other official U.S.
Speaker 9: Government references.
Speaker 14: Though the U.S.
Speaker 23: Geographic naming process, he can do it through that. But, you know, you'll remember he did this also with the Gulf of Mexico, renaming it to the Gulf of America. He does it for political reasons, symbolic reasons. And when he's not getting along with a country's leader, this is usually what President Trump likes to do. So we're watching again. We've got Karen Travers at the White House now. Karen, we're not surprised. It's not the first time, you know, the president has done something like this. He's just clearly not happy with Canada right now, and he's making that pretty clear.
Speaker 24: He said that the tariffs that he had announced that wouldn't go into effect until January 1st on Canadian autos and auto parts, he insisted, it's something he still would move forward with.
Speaker 15: He said that we.
Speaker 24: Don't want them to make cars for America. He said Canada treats us very badly. The Canadian tariffs, of course, they announced in retaliation. to the ones the president put in place over the weekend. They don't go into effect until September 8th. So, of course, there is a bit of time, potentially, to see if there was a potential for some conversations to restart. We had heard from the vice president the other day that there were ongoing negotiations, despite other officials here at the White House indicating that the time for.
Speaker 15: Talking was over.
Speaker 24: But the president didn't say anything there that would indicate he is in any mood to lift the tariffs. that were put in place last weekend. And Kira, in fact, what he was indicating is that there would be more to come, as he had threatened earlier this week.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 23: Well, this is clearly not the first step that he is making toward Canada. There are still a number of things to work out when it comes to the tariffs and our relationship with one of our longtime allies.
Speaker 14: And now apparently there's.
Speaker 23: Going to be discussions at the EU, according to Prime Minister Mark Carney. So this is not going away. This is not settled by any means.
Speaker 25: No.
Speaker 14: Not at all.
Speaker 24: And in fact, only seems likely to escalate.
Speaker 26: At this point.
Speaker 24: And, you know, like I said, the Canadian tariffs don't go into effect just yet. Whether that was the Canadians trying to hold out potential for some renegotiations, it's not clear. But there is still some time for a potential off-ramp. But I think when you heard from the president there, Kira, right from the start, when he had his opening remarks, the questions reporters were asking him, his very hard line there on our neighbors to the north, he certainly doesn't sound like somebody who is interested at this point in continuing, restarting those negotiations.
Speaker 25: He's Donald Trump's favorite radio announcer, right, being inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame. You've got a good one there in the morning with my cousin Sid. We're going to be working in Vegas. We're going to be working in Vegas, and we're going to have everybody from the vice president is going to be there. The Speaker of the House is going to be. We're going to do an interview with him. I think we'll do that remote.
Speaker 27: We'll get, I believe, Bibi Netanyahu. We'll get Ambassador Huckabee by video. We'll have a number of fights. It's going to be a day and a half event. It's going to be rather compressed this year. But Sid's going to be part of the show. And listen, he's been a champion for the Jewish people. Big time.
Speaker 13: It's really, I love it.
Speaker 25: I'm proud of him.
Speaker 17: Monday, it reads 100.
Speaker 13: Lows anywhere between 75 and 84 degrees.
Speaker 25: Chance of rain, 0%.
Speaker 2: Hot in the city. 104, excuse me, 106 today. 104 today.
Speaker 5: 101-100.
Speaker 2: Do you have any idea? 93 right now, 93. Early in the morning. It's about 3.15 a.m. Any idea, Noel? what those numbers are referring to?
Speaker 28: I would assume those are the temps in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Very good, Norm Leighton of Light. How'd you know that?
Speaker 28: It was a wild guess.
Speaker 2: Why would I even be interested in that?
Speaker 28: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going there today, doofus.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's what it is, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, you heard my first cousin Norm Coleman there. He's Very proud of me and excited. It's a big one. Norm was on this show a couple days ago. His partner at the RJC, Matt Brooks, was on yesterday. It's official. J.D. Vance will be there. I will get some alone time with the Vice President of the United States on Monday. But Mike Johnson will be there, too. The Speaker of the House. Whole bunch of big-time congressmen. Senators. Hopefully senators-to-be like Mike Rogers. He's going to run against Abdul El-Sayed in Michigan. Randy Fine's going to be there. He may join us today. And then you've got some entertainers, too, some journalists, if you will. Scott Jennings is a great journalist. He's on CNN all the time, and he's going to be there. And he seems to be, I don't really know who the rest of the possibilities even are, but he seems to be, at least as of this morning, Noam, the leader in the clubhouse, to replace Caroline Leavitt as the next White House press secretary. Today, if you are keeping score, happens to be Caroline Leavitt's last day. Isn't that right now?
Speaker 15: Yeah, that is it.
Speaker 28: She's done.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Scott Jennings, who again has become incredibly popular as our lone voice on CNN, he's always fighting for us, Republicans and Trump. You may remember When I had Andrew Cuomo on this show, and I joked that if there was a 9-11 and Mamdani was sitting there, he wouldn't be horrified. He'd be cheering. Obviously, I was joking, okay? But maybe I wasn't. I don't know. I don't care at this point. I really don't. And Cuomo was all, you know, he got all flustered. And then the media, those bastards, they went out and they actually credited what I said to Cuomo. in an effort to destroy the former governor in his attempt to become mayor. This was literally a couple of weeks before the election. Cuomo was gaining, although he never really got all that close. He was a good nine points behind and a lot of votes, but certainly closer than Curtis. But he never really had a chance. But either way, this was a couple of weeks before, and they credited Cuomo with those comments, which wasn't fair. Andrew Cuomo would say, hey, folks, I said that, not Andrew. Oh, then when they realized that he didn't say it, they changed the narrative to, well, he didn't push back enough. Remember that, Noam?
Speaker 28: I remember that very clearly.
Speaker 2: They didn't know what to do. They just wanted to find a way to pin that on Andrew Cuomo when I was the one who said it. So Jennings goes on CNN. I don't know if it was Abby Phillips or I don't know who those people are. I got to be honest. I have no idea who they are. But they brought it up. Like, what do you think about this guy on this radio station in New York claiming that the mayor would be cheering during 9-11 rather than horrified? And Scott Jennings, who again will join me in about an hour, went out of his way to defend me. Now, at that point, I had met Scott Jennings, didn't know him. Now I've met him on a couple of occasions. We've actually done a couple of dinners together. We spoke together in Las Vegas last year at this same exact event. And we spent a bunch of time together in the green room because he actually came on stage right before me. So we talked for a good 20 minutes. Siggy Flicker was back there, Stella Escobedo, all of us. So needless to say, I now have a friendship with Scott Jennings, and I'll see him again this weekend in Vegas. And again, he'll be on this program this morning. He's a big deal. Trump loves him. And here was Jennings on that CNN broadcast, I guess about a year ago. This is Lewis, cut number five, defending me.
Speaker 29: If you had a 9-11 scale event, would you want somebody who can't prove that they can do.
Speaker 26: Anything in the chair?
Speaker 2: Legit.
Speaker 26: Is it fair to say that he would cheer on 9-11?
Speaker 29: He's taking pictures with unindicted co-conspirators from the World Trade Center, Bonnie.
Speaker 26: But, I mean, are you willing to say that? You really think that he would cheer on 9-11?
Speaker 29: He's taking pictures with unindicted co-conspirators from the.
Speaker 26: World Trade Center.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just saying.
Speaker 7: It wasn't FOMO.
Speaker 15: It was the radio.
Speaker 26: But I'm asking Scott because Scott seems to think that's like a totally above-board line of attack. Do you think that that's true?
Speaker 29: I can only tell you what I see on my phone. I see a picture of Mom Donnie. with a guy who was an unindicted co-conspirator from a terrorist attack in New York City.
Speaker 15: Do you think that was a good.
Speaker 7: Picture to take?
Speaker 26: He is an unindicted co-conspirator in that case, but it's just worth noting for context, in 2009, Bloomberg met with that same imam. The last mayor who just endorsed Eric Adams awarded him, apparently, an award fairly recently. So, I mean, your criticism is taken, but I also think that's a different point from saying somebody would cheer on a terror attack that killed thousands of people.
Speaker 30: But is this the time to be taking pictures with this controversial imam? I mean, when people have such deep questions, my Jewish family is petrified.
Speaker 2: Geraldo Rivera actually stepping up. How about that, Noam? Geraldo Rivera actually providing some defense for me as well. Scott Jennings and Geraldo. So again, Scott will be joining us. later on today. And talking about 9-11, we did find out yesterday, we know that Mamdani's coming, despite our best attempts, despite Giovanni Galante now acquiring more than 90,000 signatures on this petition to keep the mayor away from that sacred ground on 9-11. He's coming. He doesn't care. He's coming. Turns out that President Trump is not Actually, J.D. Vance will be in New York. President Trump will be at the Pentagon site in Washington, D.C. So Mamdani's going to come. It doesn't matter how the families feel. So in the story that ABC News did last night, Channel 7 here locally in New York, the lady's name is... Sade Baranwad, is that.
Speaker 7: Right, Noam?
Speaker 28: Something like that, yeah.
Speaker 2: So listen to the word that she uses, the exact word that she uses to describe how many families don't want Mamdani down at that site. Listen carefully. Lewis, this is cut number two. Sade Baranwad, I guess, Channel 7, ABC. Listen to the exact word she uses.
Speaker 16: President Trump is not expected to attend this year's 9-11 ceremonies at the September 11th Memorial in Lower Manhattan. Instead, he's expected to commemorate the 25th anniversary at the Pentagon where he'll deliver remarks. Vice President J.D. Vance will represent the Trump administration in Lower Manhattan. Mayor Mamdani will also attend despite the wishes of select 9-11 family members who don't want him there.
Speaker 2: You hear that?
Speaker 7: Select.
Speaker 2: Now that was done on purpose. The truth is the overwhelming majority of 9-11 families don't want him there. Not select. Not a few. Not a couple. The majority of the 9-11 families don't want the mayor anywhere near there. But what does she do? She says select. So what do I do? You know me, Noam. What do I do next?
Speaker 28: You went to social media and you beat her up.
Speaker 2: I did. I tweeted... One hour ago, at exactly 5.23 a.m. this morning, hey, at Sade ABC, you seem like a nice lady, but what was that bullshizzle last night about a select number of families who don't want our America-hating mayor at ground zero on 9-11? No, Sade, the majority don't want him there, not a select number. Your network should be embarrassed. Keep running cover for this creep.
Speaker 28: Select sounds like five families.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like five. Yeah. Like five. A couple of families don't want him there, but no big deal.
Speaker 28: But everybody else does.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 28: That's what it sounds like when you say select.
Speaker 2: So when I got upset when I heard that, I wasn't wrong, right? No.
Speaker 28: Select, I think, seems like a small number of people.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Only a couple. No big deal. Take it easy. So here's the next story that's attached this morning to 9-11 that'll make you even more angry. I know you know this one, Noam. A Canadian broadcaster says you cannot use these two words, terrorist attacks, to describe 9-11. It is too politically and emotionally loaded to use without attribution in its reporting. Here it is. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation on Thursday defended an internal memo directing its reporters and editors to refrain from describing the September 11, 2001 attacks as, quote, terrorist attacks, telling Fox News Digital the guidance reflected its longstanding practice of attributing terms it considers politically and emotionally loaded. Quote, it is the practice of the CBC to exercise extreme caution before using the words terrorist and terrorism. This from the CBC public affairs director, Carrie Kelly. She says, quote, the memo was a reminder of the longstanding practice that favors the use of these items with attribution in our reporting. Goes on to say, do not refer to to the September 11th attacks as terrorist attacks.
Speaker 28: Oh my God, you can't make this stuff up.
Speaker 2: She goes, the memo instead, get ready for this, the memo instead described the events of September 11th as hijackings that led to passenger jet crashes in Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania, and Manhattan. It did say the World Trade Center was destroyed. Here's where my good friend, the great New York City councilwoman out of Queens, Vicky Palladino, jumps in. She says, quote, the CBC guidance is frankly outrageous and insulting, but it stands as a stark warning for what happens when you allow institutions of public trust to be taken over by leftists and foreign interests. This is not merely a callous disregard for the memory of those who perished on 9-11. It is a deliberate effort to undermine the fundamental truth of what happened that day in direct service to Islamism, as Europe, Canada, and the United States become increasingly overwhelmed by Islamist politics. We must not tolerate it any longer. We must dedicate ourselves to fighting this poison with every tool we have available before it's too late. That's Vicky Palladino. But do you believe that? Very well said by Vicky. But do you believe that? That the Canadian Broadcasting Company will not allow its journalists to refer to 9-11 as a terrorist attack? Just a couple of planes got hijacked, hit a couple of buildings, no big deal. Noam, I know you covered that this morning, right?
Speaker 31: Yeah, you know, I'm trying to figure out what they're trying to do. Are they just trying to change the whole narrative of the 9-11 attacks by addressing it in a different way and like a bid to change the story?
Speaker 28: Like, I don't get what's behind this.
Speaker 2: Well, what's behind it is, again, like Vicky talked about this, Islamist influence here in America. It's already all over Europe. Europe is basically done and it's getting bigger and bigger. here in America. So when people yell and scream, they're not just crazy, paranoid Americans. They're not just Islamophobes, which I've been described as a thousand times in about a hundred different languages. They're not just that. They've got legitimate concerns. And when they start to change what happened in our country, and 3,000 people were murdered, murdered, In the most horrific of fashion, many decided to jump out of 100-story windows rather than be burned alive by jet fuel. And when they change all that to protect Islamism, Muslims, whatever you want to call it, I don't care, then you know how serious this is. Then you know why I freaked out from day one and have never taken my medal off the pedal. about Mamdani. Because it seems like, although they are very, very small in numbers, right? They don't represent the whole Democrat Party just yet. They certainly don't represent America just yet. They're still kind of small in numbers, but it seems like the numbers don't matter. Their influence... is much larger than their numbers. And this disgusting story is a perfect example of that.
Speaker 31: Yeah, I would go to the CBC and say, hey, so what is a terror attack? If 9-11 is not a terror attack, then what is?
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 13: You're right.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised they didn't ask this lady, Kelly, that they should have, right? If this isn't a.
Speaker 31: Terrorist attack, what exactly is? I mean, it's so outrageous on so many levels, but it's a news organization.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a lousy news organization. We know that. Yeah, all they do is they're like MSNOW and CNN. All they do is talk bad about Trump in America. That's all they do. That's all they do. The CBC.
Speaker 4: What would they call Pearl Harbor?
Speaker 10: I mean.
Speaker 2: A series of unfortunate events.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: A couple of planes.
Speaker 4: Planes found themselves over an area they shouldn't have been.
Speaker 2: A couple of ships sunk. They just happened to sink. It wasn't like they were sunk by enemy fire. They sunk.
Speaker 31: You know what's unfortunate is they'll change their ways, and I hope this never happens, but there'll be some terror attack in Canada, and then they'll see what it's like, and they'll change their ways.
Speaker 28: They'll realize, oh, no, wait, this is a terror attack.
Speaker 2: I mean, they just, right now there is so much back and forth between us and them with, like, Ontario, Lake America, all these tariffs. Mark Carney doesn't seem intimidated by President Trump and nobody intimidates President Trump. So it's gotten so nasty back and forth. But to take it to this level, and I'm not sure that has anything to do with what's going on right now between the United States and Canada, but to take it to this level seems like there may be some connection. I don't know.
Speaker 13: What do you think, Noam?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 13: I think no.
Speaker 31: When it comes to the tariffs, both sides will back down and they'll come up with some sort of resolution.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: But this 9-11 stuff is outrageous. Just outrageous. So let me play for you one more time. This is for Sade Baranwad, locally on Channel 7 ABC. I don't think Jeanette Pick, whose father died in those buildings that day he was murdered, I don't think she speaks for a select group. few families. I think she speaks for the majority of the families of the 9-11 victims murdered nearly 25 years ago. She said this on this show about a week ago, Lewis. Jeanette Pick, cut number three. Jeanette Pick?
Speaker 9: Dude, we don't want you there.
Speaker 18: When I say we, I mean myself and the almost 90,000 people who have signed the Change.org petition. I don't know how else we can say this to you. We've, you know, we've gone to the media. We've, you know, had a petition started. Literally, Scott Lobato put it in skywriting.
Speaker 17: I don't know how much clearer.
Speaker 18: We can tell you. We don't want you there. Like, dude, I don't, like, what don't you get?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty simple, right? Dude, we don't want you there. I think it's great. Dude, we don't want you there. But according to Channel 7 here in New York, A select few.
Speaker 28: Select.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a couple of select. So the open started with something that made me laugh hard this morning when I heard it. This guy's name is Adam Friedland. Have you heard of him? I have not. Me either. But he looks like just a complete geek.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how you even find these people. I don't know. But this guy Friedland found Curtis Sliwa, and they sat down for a conversation. And Curtis is Italian, you know. And Mamdani has been very nasty to the Italians. Flipped the Christopher Columbus statue, the middle finger. Left off not one but two little Italy's off his enclave map immigration, both downtown Manhattan and Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. We know the story. All right, Mamdani doesn't like anybody, and he has been particularly not nice outside the Jews to the Italians. Okay? So Curtis... is on this show with this guy named Adam Friedland, and Friedland brings up the fact that Italians are not being treated very nicely, and he says, well, doesn't that piss you off? And then they go into this little history lesson about Christopher Columbus. I know it was a long time ago. 1492 was a long time ago, right? Holman Lewis, long time ago. 1492. But they go into this history lesson, and Curtis... who's a very smart guy, okay? I say things about Curtis not great because it's true, and I say things about Curtis that are nice because those are true, too. He's a very smart guy. He knows his history. In fact, I would argue that nobody knows more about the history of New York than Curtis. So I know all you listeners out there that love to go back to Curtis and tell him what Sid said. You can tell him I said that. Okay, smart guy, knows history. Maybe nobody knows more about the history of New York than Curtis. But clearly, he's lost on Columbus. What do you mean there were four ships? What do you mean the Santa and Maria were two different vessels? Have you ever heard that before, Noam, ever?
Speaker 8: I didn't.
Speaker 28: I mean, unless I'm learning something I didn't know. I never heard that before.
Speaker 2: And Curtis gets angry. He said, you're going to tell me about my people? Four ships set out. Only three ships made it. And the Santa and Maria were different ships. Wait, were they?
Speaker 28: I mean, did I have it wrong all these years?
Speaker 2: Well, again, because I do think Curtis is a very smart guy. I thought the same thing. I'm like, oh, I had it wrong. I was under the impression there were three boats. Santa Maria was one boat. Okay, I had it wrong. So I went and looked. Then no. No, we don't have it wrong.
Speaker 28: Just three.
Speaker 2: Just three. So again, this is worth replaying. Curtis Sliwa on the Adam Friedland show, literally rewriting history, rewriting Christopher Columbus and that courageous voyage and finding America in 1492. Here is the history according to Curtis.
Speaker 6: Does it piss you off when people try to s * * * on Columbus, like Native Americans and stuff?
Speaker 5: Christopher Columbus, right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He was a degenerate. He had his problems.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He had his eccentricities.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was Jewish. Did you know that?
Speaker 7: It's actually fake.
Speaker 8: No, no.
Speaker 7: They try to say he's Jewish, but he's not.
Speaker 5: No, he had a bris. Trust me. He had to drop his drawers to prove that. He had a brist.
Speaker 11: Come on.
Speaker 7: Some people just like that style.
Speaker 5: You know, back then.
Speaker 7: People like a hoodless style.
Speaker 11: You know, why do you think he had to escape Spain in 1492 when Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand launched the Inquisition on your people and said either convert or die? And he decided to leave with the Nina, the Pinta, the Santa, and the Maria.
Speaker 7: Well, there's three, actually, the Santa and the Maria.
Speaker 5: No, no, you're wrong.
Speaker 7: No, no, Santa Maria was the third one.
Speaker 5: The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa, and the Maria.
Speaker 7: The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria.
Speaker 5: That's right. Four of the ships. Three of them made it. Yeah. As he went.
Speaker 14: Oh, so he called one the Santa Maria after one lot.
Speaker 7: You combine the names?
Speaker 5: Excuse me?
Speaker 13: Nothing.
Speaker 5: Are you trying to instruct me on the hero of my peeps, Christopher Columbus?
Speaker 15: I thought you were Jewish. No, he is Jewish.
Speaker 7: Is he kidding?
Speaker 4: He's kidding.
Speaker 2: He's not kidding.
Speaker 4: He's got to be kidding.
Speaker 2: He's not kidding.
Speaker 4: Three of them made it.
Speaker 2: Three of them made it. There were four ships. And the Santa and the Maria were two different ships. Two different ships. No, no, no.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Isn't that unbelievable?
Speaker 4: It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: You can't make it up.
Speaker 4: The Santa and the Maria.
Speaker 2: The Santa and the Maria were two different ships, ladies and gentlemen. All right, what else is going on in the world today? Nome, New York, around the world. What do you got?
Speaker 31: Well, all eyes continue to be on Nepal after that, you know, catastrophic flash flooding.
Speaker 28: On Wednesday, have you seen any of the videos of this?
Speaker 16: I have.
Speaker 28: Terrible.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look real. It looks like a movie. You're right.
Speaker 31: The walls of water are just gigantic. And unfortunately, among the missing are a lot of Americans. There's a crew of 10 people from Virginia. There's two local couples, one from New Jersey, one from New York. They haven't been able to get in.
Speaker 28: Touch with them.
Speaker 31: And so now the death toll at 475, more than 1,000 missing.
Speaker 28: No doubt that death toll is going to climb higher.
Speaker 31: They're hoping against hope as they get crews in there that they'll find survivors, but so far they have not.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah. Do we know how many people have actually died?
Speaker 32: 475.
Speaker 31: That's the latest total as of this morning.
Speaker 3: 475.
Speaker 2: That's terrible. That's probably the biggest story today in the world, right? Yeah.
Speaker 31: Well, I think just because we have that video evidence of it, and it's so intense to see just what happened there, just seeing those walls of water knock everything down.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 31: Otherwise, nothing's changed in Iran. I was going to go do that story, but I realize there's not even.
Speaker 2: A discussion going on. Same old, same old.
Speaker 31: The triple murder trial of Lindsay Clancy is finally in the jury's hands. That's the mom who strangled her three young children to death in 2023. She has pled not guilty to three counts of first-degree murder. And while the prosecutors say they say the killings were premeditated, she has said that she suffered a postpartum psychotic break. And so we'll see what the jury does there. If the defense was good at defending her, it's not clear. And then, you know, there's all this. Did you see this court case was finally settled with Facebook Meta?
Speaker 28: Idea job so its 18.
Speaker 31: Billion dollars the penalty they have to pay out 18 billion dollars almost every state's gonna get this huge sum of money and they get to decide how to spend it which is gonna be awfully interesting to watch I mean this is the biggest case we've seen since big tobacco loss all those decades ago there's not been a case as big at that since and since this one and so now we'll have to wait and see what happens but all this money's gonna be handed out almost 18 billion dollars And so the question is, how are these states going to spend it? There's not any real rules on about where they can spend this money. I mean, they say they're going to spend it on helping the mental health of teenagers. But you sort of see when you see how much money it is, you say, OK, what's going to go on now? And Meta has promised that they're going to do all these things like limit the amount of time kids can spend on Instagram. So if you're under 18 years old, after two hours in a 24 hour.
Speaker 28: Period, you would be cut off.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 31: All of this because the teenagers, the case, which I guess would have been proven, or at least Meta thought that they would lose this case, is that teenagers are suffering from mental health from being on these apps all day long. The average is like four to five hours a day for teenagers now. So the question is, how will they do this? The smartest kids when it comes, the smartest people when it comes to these apps are the kids, right?
Speaker 28: They know how to get around this.
Speaker 31: So the question is, how will they roll this out so they can really limit the screen time for kids?
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 28: But they're apparently going to do it in the next couple of months. That is, these states get this huge windfall of money. And it'll be interesting to see how they spend it.
Speaker 31: And then Mitch McConnell, who's been MIA for months on end, now we're being told by his good friend, Congressman Andy Barr, who's also from Kentucky, that he'll be back in Congress come October.
Speaker 2: Oh, he will?
Speaker 33: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But he's been very, very sick, has he not?
Speaker 31: Yeah, well, he apparently had this fall. And he went into a rehab center and now he's recovering at home. But we've heard nothing, nothing from him except that one photo of him and his wife in the hospital bed. His people by his side who work in his Senate office have said nothing. But now Andy Barr, who's a good friend, who, by the way, said he hasn't seen him either, but has heard positive reports on McConnell. And McConnell has told him that he's going to be back in the Senate sometime in late September, early October.
Speaker 2: He sucks anyway. God bless him. Uh, he's killing us. Yeah. I go back to the, uh, the first time with Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. He wasn't very good to Trump and us. So, I wish him well, but I'm not a big fan anyway. All right, big, big show coming up today. Norm Layden has always a tremendous job. We'll get back to you. A lot of great guests, Rich Lowry. I mentioned Scott Jennings, big-time guy, CNN. He'll be in Vegas speaking with me this weekend. He'll be here. Randy Fine, congressman out of Florida, will likely be here today. He's also speaking in Vegas this weekend. KT McFarlane, Joseph Takapina, and Janice Dean.
Speaker 28: This is Sid on Sports.
Speaker 11: Sponsored by Peerless Boilers on 77 WABC.
Speaker 34: Justin Ellick here with your sports update sponsored by Pete Morgan and Peerless Boilers.
Speaker 21: Go to PeerlessBoilers.com.
Speaker 5: Find a dealer near you.
Speaker 21: Peerless Boilers, the world's best built boilers.
Speaker 34: Starting the Bronx, Yankees lost 5-1 in their rubber game finale against the Astros. They dropped that three-game set to Houston. George Lombard Jr. registered his seventh error in 20 games, becoming the first Yankee shortstop since Roger Peckinpah in 1915 to commit.
Speaker 21: An error in six straight games.
Speaker 34: They weren't using gloves back then, by the way, mind you. Starter Garrett Cole allowed three runs and six hits in six innings.
Speaker 21: He struck out five.
Speaker 34: Ben Rice scored New York's lone run on a sag fly by Cody Bellinger in the sixth. Up next for the Yankees, they're heading into a pivotal four-game series against the rival Red Sox. They've lost for only the third time in ten games. New York Trails first place Tampa Bay by four games in the AL East. It leads Boston by two for the top American League wild card. Cam Schlittler will get the start tonight in game one of three against Boston. First pitch from Yankee Stadium is scheduled for 7.15 p.m.
Speaker 21: In Queens.
Speaker 34: The Mets got beat up 8-2 in their rubber game series finale against the Brewers. Starter Sean Mania gave up six runs and eight hits in five and two-thirds innings.
Speaker 21: As Milwaukee took two of three.
Speaker 34: In the series, up next for the Mets, Christian Scott starts tonight with the Mets sticking it home, getting set to welcome in the aforementioned Astros for the opener of a three-game weekend series. First pitch from Citi Field, scheduled for 7-10 p.m. Jets and Giants tonight, you heard Sid mention it. They'll go up against each other for their annual preseason football game coming up tonight, wrapping out both of their preseason schedules. Giants are a three-and-a-half-point technical road. Favorites headed into that one. 7.30 p.m. Star Packers running back Josh Jacobs. He's in trouble as well charged yesterday with misdemeanor battery and misdemeanor criminal damage to property.
Speaker 21: According to Wisconsin court records, former.
Speaker 34: Charges came more than three months after he was arrested following an alleged domestic violence incident at his home near Green Bay. According to that complaint, each charge, both class A misdemeanors, that can go for a $ 10, 000 fine on both of them or nine months in prison or both if he is convicted. So he's in quite a bit of trouble here, Jacobs. The NFL doing their own investigation. They're conducting that as we speak, and suspension could be around the corner for the Packers. Running back is a big part of that offense. So if you're Josh Jacobs' fantasy owner out there, Maybe I would start looking at backup options. That's your sport, sponsored by Pete Morgan and Peerless Boilers. Go to PeerlessBoilers.com to find a deal under you. Peerless Boilers, the world's best-built boilers. I'm Justin Ellick on 77 WABC.
Speaker 21: Sid and friends in the.
Speaker 1: Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: On that big day coming up, October the 22nd, at the Rainbow Room, Rockefeller Center, when I'm inducted into the New York State Broadcasters Hall of Fame. Just so happens that Rosanna is going in with me. She's one of the seven people that will make it into the hall that day. And we've been friendly for many, many, many years. And I told you the story that when her father was deathly ill years ago, I actually called Rosanna. She was in the Hamptons. And I said, I'm going to go to St. Patrick's Cathedral today and make a prayer for your father. And I did it. He did pass. He was a wonderful guy, wonderful guy. But we found out a couple of days ago now that her mom has also passed, which is terrible. I got a text last night from Rosanna's daughter, Jenna. Sweet girl. Met her a bunch of times. Very sweet. And I guess, I'm not sure if this is open to the public. My guess is it is. I've asked. They haven't gotten back to me. They're going to have a celebration of Marion Scotto's life. Rosanna Scotto's mom, Marion, God bless her. And it all comes your way this Wednesday. Well, next Wednesday, I guess. Not this Wednesday. Next Wednesday, I'll be in Dallas. Wednesday, September the 9th from 5 to 8 p.m. at Fresco by Scotto, which, as you guys know, is a very, very popular eatery. Great place. Great food. A lot of fun. They dance. They have a blast. 34 East 52nd Street. What a park here in New York City. A celebration of Marion Scotto's life. God rest her soul, the beautiful mom of Rosanna Scotto. Wednesday night, September the 9th at Fresco. Okay, we've got about five or six amazing guests stopping by. Big names coming up this hour with Scott Jennings from CNN on his way to Vegas, in which Larry, take a quick break. When we get back, he is the editor of the National Review.
Speaker 10: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Rich Lowry is the editor of the National Review. He's on this show every week because he's great. He's brilliant and he's my friend. I love him. Rich, good morning, buddy. How are you?
Speaker 35: Good, Sidney.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. We find out yesterday, Rich, that Mom Donnie, of course, is still adamant about going to the 9-11 ceremonies. And despite the fact that, you know, the local channel 7 News goes crazy. A select group don't want him there. No dummies. The majority don't want him there. But he's going. We know he's going. But Trump is not. Trump is going to the Pentagon.
Speaker 5: J.D.
Speaker 2: Vance is coming to New York. Last time Trump was here, I guess, was 2024 when he was campaigning. What are your thoughts on who's coming and who's not?
Speaker 35: Well, I think it'd be great if the president were there, but the Pentagon was a serious attack as well. Momdami shouldn't be there, but as we've discussed for weeks now, he's going to be there. It would be the graceful thing just to bow out, but he's not going to do that. So there we are.
Speaker 2: He's not going to do it. There's no chance, right?
Speaker 27: No, zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, zero chance.
Speaker 35: It would be a concession to his critics. I'm sure they'd see it as though he is admitting something that he doesn't want to admit.
Speaker 2: Right, right, right, right, right. You know, it's interesting. This Hassan Piker, who is a guy that said America deserved 9-11 and Mamdani sat there and offered no pushback. Zero. He was a guest on the podcast. Piker said it. Piker has since apologized for that, but who cares? That's how he really feels. You know that. But there seems to be this fracture going on now, Rich, in this Democrat party. Abdul El-Sayed out in Michigan, who was another DSA guy, no matter what he says, he's a DSA guy. He's like, no, no, I'm not with Piker. So there are some of these Democrats now that are distancing themselves from Hassan Piker. To me, he's still the face of the left, which includes everybody from Chuck Schumer to Chevalier. But there are some that are saying, no, thanks.
Speaker 35: Yeah, clearly kind of a memo went out after this last statement saying that all of American Jews got to watch out and watch for their safety if they say they're with Israel. So El-Sayed isn't playing this game, kind of dancing around. He issued a statement distancing himself from that statement without naming Piker. And he keeps on acting as though he never met Piker. The race shouldn't be about Piker. He repeatedly campaigned with him, including saying, On the last night, on election night, he was with Hassan Piker. So clearly they have a huge overlap of views. Now, I don't think that's true of Chuck Schumer, even though I have no use for Chuck Schumer. But clearly Piker is the media embodiment, new media embodiment of the DSA, deeply illiberal, viciously anti-Zionist, and basically in favor of political violence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically. So I was talking to Brian Kilmeade the other day, too, about the, you know, the presidential in 2028. I know we're all stuck on the midterms right now, which we need to be. That's where the focus needs to be. November, a couple of months this year. That's why we've got this big midterm convention coming up in Dallas, which I'll be at first time ever they're doing that. And that's part of the reason why I'm going to Vegas, to also talk about the midterms. So we know the midterms, that's the focus right now. But Don't kid yourself. A lot of folks are looking towards 2028 when it really is all over for President Trump. And it seems like Rich Lowry, J.D. Vance will be the anointed one. He'll be the one. But people say you don't know. You know, the numbers are coming back and they're not very good for Vance. Maybe he bows out. Maybe at that point, Marco Rubio decides to jump in because I guess the. The consensus is that Rubio and Vance are buddies, and if Trump wants Vance to do it, that Rubio won't do it. You hear other names like Ron DeSantis and Glenn Youngkin pops up there, too, and Hawley out of Missouri. But what are your thoughts on what we may see in 2028?
Speaker 35: So continue to expect. And you're right, this is going to start immediately. It's like three months away. Right after midterms, this will really begin in earnest. I think there's no way J.D. Vance doesn't run. And I think it's very likely he gets the nomination. But even coronations are competitive. Hillary is supposed to be coronated in 2016, but Sanders gave her a serious challenge. Going way back, Al Gore was basically coronated in 2000, but Bill Bradley gave him a race initially. So I expect it will be competitive. I doubt Rubio will run. I think Ted Cruz will run. Rand Paul will run. Maybe Youngkin will run. Maybe Brian Kemp, the former governor of Georgia, runs and a couple others. But I think it's going to be hard. If Vance has Trump's explicit or even implicit support, I think it's going to be hard. You know, we saw down in South Carolina, he basically created Darlene Graham out of nothing and got her over the finish line. So his support is going to be hugely important in 28 for a Republican nominee.
Speaker 2: He's been huge. Almost all of his candidates win, all of them. And the guys that go against him, Cassidy, Massey, they get murdered. So clearly Trump... You never hear of them again. Right. I mean, clearly Trump still has a massive, I mean, massive amount of power. What's interesting to see Ted Cruz come out this week, and he's like, I want to be president. That's it. Yes. I want to be president. And guess what? I'm ready. Guess who's not? J.D.
Speaker 9: Vance.
Speaker 2: He actually said he's not ready. How about that?
Speaker 35: Yeah. So Cruz is just telling people what... what he's saying publicly, what he's told everyone privately every day of his adult life. He wants to be president of the United States. He's going to run. He really, if you want someone who hates the trend on the right in terms of the anti-Semitism and or anti-Zionism as much as you do, it's Ted Cruz. I mean, he's extremely sincere about it, a really brilliant guy, but it's going to be an uphill battle.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. So I keep asking, like I did throughout the whole election period, between Trump and Biden and other races, what do you think is going to happen with the midterms as we draw close? I'm going to do this every single week, which, Larry, until we get to November, what are you feeling today about the House and the Senate?
Speaker 35: Unfortunately, I think the House is a fairly easy proposition, unless there's some shocker. I think Kim Jeffrey is going to be Speaker of the House next year.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God.
Speaker 35: I hate to put it in such stark terms, but I think the Senate is kind of 50-50. The most important race is clearly Michigan in all sorts of ways, because if Democrats lose that seat, it becomes really hard to take the Senate, and it would be so important politically to step on the head of the snake up there. But all these red states that should be in the bag are really close, and it's foreseeable Republicans could lose a lot of them. Texas up in the air, Ohio, Iowa, Nebraska is even close, Alaska, Dan Sullivan, I think is a great senator, is behind there. So if Democrats are taking the Senate, they're doing it through the red states. In a normal year, you'd say there's no way it's going to happen. I'd say it's about a 50-50 chance.
Speaker 2: Jeez, that's not great news. You know, I was talking to Charlie Gasparino the other day, and we were talking about Iran, and this Canada thing. He said, it's got to stop. It's not good. It's not good for us. It's not good for Mark Carney in Canada. We're going to get hurt here in states like Michigan. And Kilmeade said the same thing, that this U.S.-Canada thing will hurt us. in some of our own states, including states which manufacture cars, obviously. But now it's gotten to a new level. Now Lake Ontario is Lake America. So it doesn't seem like at least Trump and Corny are willing to calm down anytime soon. But most of the folks that I talk to, they think this is silly and doesn't help anybody. I'm with them.
Speaker 35: Canada may be annoying, and they may have bad practices, trade practices on a couple things. There's no way it can't be worked out reasonably. I just think the first time Trump said he was going to make them the 51st state, I thought it was kind of funny, and then he never should have said it again. But instead, he's pissed them off and disrespected and insulted and humiliated them. Mark Carney probably wins up there in the election last year, whatever it was, because of Trump. And so Trump kills the conservative up there, and then he gets this guy he's going to hate. And now he hates him, predictably, and won this trade war that makes zero sense.
Speaker 2: Ay-yi-yi, what a mess. Well, the good news is the weekend's here, and Aaron George is coming back soon, Rich. How about that?
Speaker 35: Well, let's hope he gets to 100% really quickly. Because, you know, if we have Judge, you could squint the right way, and we're a World Series team. I don't think we're a championship team, but the The American League is so weak. But this team has been brutal to watch at times. Last night was another one. Half our game since the All-Star break, they scored one out of four hits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. It's like two to one every night. They scored eight two nights ago. It was like a big party. But they can pitch like nobody. And I'm with you. The American League is not very good. So we'll see. The Dodgers are still damn good, obviously. There's probably two or three teams inside the National League that are the best teams in baseball. Brewers. Brewers, damn good. Killed the Mets yesterday. Even the Phillies. They play much better baseball, but I wouldn't count the Yankees out just yet. Rich Lowry, as always, amazing job, brother. Have a great weekend. You too. All right, the editor of the National Review right there, my dear friend Rich Lowry. That wraps up the 7 o'clock hour, officially the 6 o'clock hour, excuse me. 7 o'clock hour, about to come your way with two great guests. We will talk to KT McFarlane late in the hour and CNN superstar and maybe, just maybe, the next White House press secretary... Sid.
Speaker 10: And Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Is Monday September 1st? Is that right? I think so, right?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 2: What's today's date?
Speaker 21: No, it's the 31st. You've got 31 days in this month.
Speaker 2: So Tuesday, September 1st. Okay, right. That's the day that I actually return from Vegas. Okay. Either way, man, August is out the house.
Speaker 21: Out the house. Summer's over.
Speaker 13: That's it.
Speaker 21: It's over.
Speaker 2: You know, I was walking down the other night, walking home from La Sorrentina, Louis, and walking down between 129 to my house, a couple of blocks, you know. And I said to Gabriel a couple of nights ago, too, this was not the night I was with you, Louis, doing the same exact walk. I said, doesn't it seem like yesterday we made this walk? And the streets to the right, to the left, had snow piled like seven feet high. We had ice glaciers at the beginning of just about every block for a good, I don't know, 20 blocks. Had to walk through the ice glacier, not go too far to your right or your left or you would slip on the snow. And then I distinctly remember coming into the city, One Sunday afternoon, very treacherous, NFL playoff football, car pulls up, snow is coming down like three inches an hour. There's Gene and Lewis. And we're going into the city because the next day, that Monday, happened to be my 10-year anniversary at the station. So we had to get in. We had to. We had guests and people and Turned out to be an amazing day and a great show. Trump came by. Everybody came by. Hannity, Levin, all these amazing guests. We had a live in-studio audience. My buddy Dr. John Patash was there and Caroline Schenkel and many others. Lou and I stayed around the corner at a hotel, had a great dinner. Sunday night, then Monday night, we all had dinner. No one actually bought dinner that night.
Speaker 21: No, wasn't that Sunday night?
Speaker 2: No, that was Monday.
Speaker 21: Oh, that was Monday?
Speaker 2: Sunday was the other game. We were watching the Patriots and the Broncos, man, Lou.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: So I remember all of it very vividly because the weather was horrible. I remember.
Speaker 21: It was slushy. You were stepping in puddles. It was horrible.
Speaker 4: We came down your block. And there was two walls of snow on each.
Speaker 5: Side of your block.
Speaker 2: Literally walls.
Speaker 4: You came down your steps holding all of your nice shirts and jackets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like a duffel bag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you almost didn't have anything covering them.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I said, where's your garment bag?
Speaker 2: Where's your plastic garment bag?
Speaker 7: It ripped.
Speaker 4: I don't have it. It's coming down right through the snow and walking. And I think Danielle was laughing.
Speaker 7: At the time.
Speaker 2: She was, no. She's like, what are you doing? I'm like, I got to get into the city. I got to go to work.
Speaker 4: So insane.
Speaker 2: I know. So here we are wrapping up August. Not that that type of weather is coming back anytime soon, but something tells me we are closer to that type of weather than 95.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 21: And by all accounts, it's going to be another long, treacherous, snowy winter.
Speaker 2: Who said this?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 21: I made it up.
Speaker 2: What accounts are these? Mine. By all accounts. I mean, I know where I'm going later on today, the high temperature. We started the program at 6 o'clock. We played Billy Idol. Because we're going to go see Billy tomorrow night in Vegas. Hot in the city. 107 degrees in Vegas today. It cools down. To a very balmy 105 tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Very balmy, yeah.
Speaker 21: Get a good tan, though.
Speaker 2: I remember the first time I was on the way with Scott Kaplan to Arizona. We were going to Scottsdale. And they told us, it's going to be hot, but don't worry. It's dry heat. Not a lot of humidity. You're going to be fine. And I was there walking around, and I said to Scott, I said, how does anybody live here? This is brutal. One of the biggest lies... in the history of our country, is that dry heat is not hot. I mean, 105 degrees is 105 degrees no matter what. And I don't care because I love the sun and I'll throw on a pair of shorts and I'll even go to the gym a couple days in Vegas and all that. But don't kid yourself. 105 is hot. And I just found out that Rich Lowry... who was just on the show, did a great job. Editor, National Review. He's going to Vegas, too.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 33: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rich Lowry.
Speaker 21: He'll be at RJC?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's going, too. We got a big event. I'll take a short break. When we get back, he's one of the major superstars. in our business today. He really is. And again, it looks like he may be the person to replace Caroline Leavitt as the next White House press secretary. My friend Scott Jennings makes his debut.
Speaker 10: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 29: If you had a 9-11 scale event, would you want somebody who can't prove that they can do anything in the chair?
Speaker 13: Legit.
Speaker 26: Is it fair to say that he would cheer on 9-11?
Speaker 29: He's taking pictures with unindicted co-conspirators from the World Trade Center bombing.
Speaker 26: Are you willing to say that? You really think that he would cheer on 9-11?
Speaker 29: He's taking pictures with unindicted co-conspirators.
Speaker 26: From the World Trade Center bombing.
Speaker 15: It wasn't FOMO, it was the radio.
Speaker 26: But I'm asking Scott, because Scott seems to think that's like a totally above board line of attack. Do you think that that's true?
Speaker 29: I can only tell you what I see on my phone. I see a picture of Mamdani with a guy who was an unindicted co-conspirator from a terrorist attack in New York City.
Speaker 33: Do you think that was a good picture to take?
Speaker 26: Listen, he is an unindicted co-conspirator in that case, but it's just worth noting for context. In 2009, Bloomberg met with that same imam, the last mayor who just endorsed Eric Adams. awarded him, apparently, an award fairly recently. So, I mean, your criticism is taken, but I also think that's a different point from saying somebody would cheer on a terror attack that killed thousands of people.
Speaker 30: But is this the time to be taking pictures with this controversial.
Speaker 2: Imam.
Speaker 30: I mean, when people have such deep questions, my Jewish family is petrified.
Speaker 2: We'll be in Las Vegas together again coming up this weekend, but he's making his debut on our number one rated program here in New York City this morning, my friend Scott Jennings. Scott, good morning, pal. How are you?
Speaker 33: I'm doing great, and thank you for playing that clip. I think it's important that we all remember this 25th anniversary of 9-11 and You know, it's something we always said never forget, but it certainly feels like a lot of people did. And we've got to refocus this country on the dangers that we face in this world. And so I'm glad glad for you to be bringing attention to it and know you're fighting for what's best for you, New York and best for the West.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, Scott. I decided after July 4th when we turned 250 starting that Monday, July 6th. Every single day I would do something on 9-11, and I have. I've kept my promise. I brought Giovanni Galante on this show. He's the Staten Island gentleman that started the petition. Now over 90,000 strong to keep the mayor away on 9-11. I brought on a guy a couple days ago named Jack Joyce, who has reached out to President Trump to make the World Trade Center a national monument. I brought on many, many family members of the victims who were killed that day.
Speaker 13: So.
Speaker 2: For me, I take it very, very seriously. I know the president is going to be at the Pentagon that day. I wish he was here. They will have J.D. Vance here. But I am really upset that Mamdani, a guy who is besties with Hasan Piker, is going to be at that site that morning.
Speaker 33: Yeah, he, you know, he's going to step into a situation there where, you know, frankly, he's dug himself such a deep hole. with people who lived through that day, with people who have scars that they'll never recover from from that day. And well, given his commentary on so many other things, I really worry about how he might portray the state of New York City 25 years after 9-11. Remember during the campaign, he said the real trouble with 9-11 was his was his aunt. You know, she didn't feel great about riding the subway. I mean, it was, I mean, that, that was the craziest, that was the craziest.
Speaker 13: Sort of thing.
Speaker 33: And, and, and it, it sort of reveals that he doesn't get what the people of New York went through, what they're still going through today. And, uh, which I guess makes sense that he's not really from, from New York and, uh, but it's a, it's a big, it's a big day. It is a big anniversary of, And we really need to refocus ourselves on the big picture here. And that's that there are people that wish us harm. They wish to harm them and they wish us harm now. And we have to take the threat seriously.
Speaker 2: That story about his aunt turned out to be a total lie. She was never on the subway. It wasn't even here. She was in a different country, Scott Jennings. So, you know, that guy doesn't belong there when he uses, uses 9-11. to put it in a nonsense story, to lie about it, to go out there and tell everybody about the fears of Islamophobia. He lied about his aunt. That story never happened. And look at the CBC, Scott. I mean, you're on CNN. That's difficult enough. Now you've got the CBC. They're telling their journalists you cannot refer to 9-11 as a terrorist act. They don't want the words terrorist or terrorism being used. What they're saying is— get ready for this— What they're saying is that a bunch of planes just happened to crash into a couple of buildings and the World Trade Center just happened to get destroyed. They don't want the words terrorist attack or terrorism even used. Now, how do you explain that?
Speaker 33: Well, here's how I explain it. Because the progressive project is to push socialism, communism, and radical Islamo-Marxism on the United States of America. And the only way you can achieve that is to erase people's memory, is to make people forget the consequences of the kinds of people that they're trying to promote right now. And so if anyone remembers what happened on 9-11, if anybody remembers the truth, which is that we were attacked by radical Islamic terrorists, then they might want to do something about that today. But if people are made to forget, if people are made to remember these things in a different way, if the past and our truth is erased, then... It gives them a better chance to install their program and to rip out America root and branch. And so I explain it that it's the same thing with socialism. It's the same thing with communism. They don't want anybody to know that Chairman Mao killed 80 million people in China. They just want to dress up like him and pretend like everything's fine over there. They don't want people to know the truth about what they're trying to install in the United States of America. And so the way to get rid of the truth is to get rid of it. And that's exactly what that order sounds like to me.
Speaker 2: Exactly right. And now you talk about the fears around the country. Scott Jennings with people like Abdul El-Sayed running in Michigan. He claims he's not DSA. I still call him DSA. I don't care. He has, unlike Mamdani, he has fears. actually distanced himself from Hassan Piker. Hardly makes him a great guy or a great American, Scott, but he has done that. And some members now of the Democrat Party are doing that. But the party is such a mess. Scott, I mean, I don't know what these people say. I don't watch CNN except for Iran, okay? What are they possibly saying? You've got lunatics, progressives, DSA, communists, Jew haters, anti-Semites, and they're worried that President Trump might change the name of a body of water? Are we serious?
Speaker 25: Well, no, we're not.
Speaker 33: We're not serious. And the party, the Democrats have been totally overwhelmed and overtaken by these people. And El-Sayed, although he tried to distance himself from Piker. Piker then made a video and said, well, I don't really think he's changing his position. He's just doing it to fool people to win the election. And so, I mean, even he knows it's a total joke. This is the plan, okay? This is the plan.
Speaker 9: Abdul El-Sayed is a socialist.
Speaker 33: He believes in socialist ideas. He thinks the United States of America is rotten at its core, and that would justify ripping it out root and branch. That's what Piker believes. And that's where the energy is in their party. And they're electing people in primaries all over the country who believe in these things. And if they get to Washington, they intend to change our country as we know it. We cannot permit it. We have to fight against it because it puts every single one of us in danger.
Speaker 2: Bottom line, every one of us in danger. What do you think is going to happen, though? Because there's a lot of folks, Scott, that say, hey, it's one thing to win a primary. And some of these people did well. Some did lose, thank God, like Francesca Hong, running for governor in Wisconsin and some of those really crazy candidates down in South Florida, Dan Bilzerian against Randy Fine and that psycho that ran against Moskowitz. But some did win, right? Angie Nixon won in the northern part of the state. But most people feel like these people who won the primaries are not going to win come Election Day in November. What do you think?
Speaker 33: Some of them are going to win. Some of them are guaranteed to win because of the nature of their districts. But to me, I look for what it tells me about the larger... political forces and the tectonics in America. You have a major American political party that has been totally overwhelmed by this ideology. You know, Chuck Schumer, Hakeem Jeffries, all these people, Pelosi, they don't matter anymore. The only people who matter are these socialists who are now captain of the ship. And look ahead to 2028. Who is the leading candidate for president of the Democratic Party? It's Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who just yesterday renewed her membership in the Democratic Socialists of America Club. Oh, my God. And so I guess I'm thinking less short term and more long term about what this tells us about one of our two parties. One of our two parties has been taken over. by an ideology that fundamentally hates our country. And they think our country is a force for evil in the world. And they think, therefore, ripping it out and destroying it and building something in its place is justified. That's what they intend to do. Just read their platform. Everything about it is about the destruction of the United States of America, as we've known for 250 years. And that is the stakes of this and the next election.
Speaker 2: You know, talking about socialism, I enjoy you on Twitter too, Scott, not just television. You tweeted this 21 hours ago, and it goes like this. There is so much violence in the socialist heart that they are, quote, deeply saddened when an alleged meat cleaver wielding murderer passes away in jail. And what you're talking about is that this mayor, Mamdani, actually, actually talked about the sympathy and how sad he was for the murderer, not the victims, not the people the murderer killed. It's the same guy that went to visit prisoners, as you know, in Rikers Island to watch soccer games. How twisted are these people that they actually get sad when the criminal dies and say nothing when good people die?
Speaker 33: Yeah, this is this is the upside down logic that it is society's fault that this person picked up a meat cleaver and murdered some people. And so we have to feel sad about that. The victim becomes but a footnote in.
Speaker 5: All of this.
Speaker 33: I mean, Mamdani's larger criminal justice views are not really in question. He wants to close Rikers. He wants to abolish prisons. That's what the socialists want to do. They don't want any prisons. Well, if you don't have any prisons, where do you put the violent people? You put them right back out on the streets. And so when a violent criminal dies in prison and you say you're, quote, deeply saddened and you have nothing to say for the victim, that tells you, who do I really care about? When he wakes up in the morning, who is he thinking about? He's thinking about, well, how do I close the jails and put the violent back out on the street? And he has no regard for the victims that caused him to go to jail in the first place or the victims that would come after the completion of such a project. And it's not just him. That's what these socialist candidates believe across the country. Abolition of prisons and abolition of police is a recipe for anarchy and a recipe to destroy this country, and that's why they're for it.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't disagree with you very often, Scott. Maybe never.
Speaker 25: Okay.
Speaker 2: I think you're great.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 2: But you said something on Twitter, too, which my next guest, I think she's on hold already. She's so spectacular. I know you love her, too, KT McFarlane. She says all the time, and I disagree with her, too, And that is, for those Democrats out there, we've already won the Iran war. And no, we haven't. I mean, we're winning. I'm not dumb enough to say we're losing. We are winning. Economic indicators are going our way. But this game's not over. This is like the seventh inning. You're a big sports guy, Scott Jennings. This game's not over. I know Trump does it because he's the president, but you can't claim victory yet. So all I'm saying to people like you and KT and others, I never said we're losing. Yes, that's the Democrats. That's ridiculous. We are winning, but we haven't won yet. How is that possible? They still have the dust. They still have layers of these psychos in the IRGC that want to kill us. The straight is not really as open as the president wants you to believe. Why can't we just say we're winning, but Mariano Rivera hasn't entered the game just yet?
Speaker 33: Well, here's my argument. We've sunk their navy. We've destroyed their military. We've decimated their defense industrial base, which is how you produce other weapons. We killed their first layer of leadership, and their current leader is a cardboard cutout that no one's ever seen in public. Yes, they have the nuclear dust, but they have no meaningful ability to produce a nuclear weapon. We have vastly degraded their terror proxies. They haven't exported, Sid, a barrel of oil, not one single barrel– since mid-July, and the United States Navy has exported or assisted in the export of 750 million barrels of oil through the Strait since this has all started. By any meaningful historical metric, this is a defeated nation. And so I do believe we've won, and I think the president needs to tell the nation that we've won, and I think he needs to be honest. We're going to have to leave behind some naval assets. And we're going to have to leave behind some surveillance. And bottom line, we've won and we're going to take Israel off the chain and let them do what they have to do to keep these people in check. I think we've won. And I think it will require eternal vigilance because they're lunatics and religious fanatics. But I think by any meaningful historical measurement, this is declared a victory right now for the United States.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you did say something there that KT says, and I agree with you guys on, and that is the president needs to say, because even the most ardent of Trump supporters, and I'm one of them, I'm a complete sycophant, okay? I'm just telling you, no matter what he does, I love him. Even though I can be critical at times, like about this war, I still love him. But the messaging, the messaging has not been perfect, I think is what some of his... most ardent supporters say. Is that a fair criticism?
Speaker 33: Yeah, look, I think that as this has gone on, I think we need and needed constant reminders of why we're doing this in the first place.
Speaker 25: And I think.
Speaker 33: Sometimes they've hit the mark. But sometimes we've lost sight of that. I also, frankly, think we need more frequent Pentagon briefings. At the beginning, we were getting frequent Pentagon briefings about how our military was performing. I think we lost sight of that, too, because I think people trust and want to hear from the military about how we're doing. Last night, Admiral Cooper, the head of CENTCOM, issued a video, gave a great update about how the naval blockade is working and how the Strait of Hormuz is currently working and how we've taken out all the mines. We've swept up all the mines. I mean, it was a great update, and I think more of that, more transparency into just exactly how we are winning would help his cause.
Speaker 13: I agree with you on that.
Speaker 16: All right.
Speaker 2: Elephant in the room, Scott Jennings. You knew this was going to happen at some point during this conversation. Are you going to Vegas right now? By the way, are you in the airport right now to go to Vegas?
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 33: I'm at LaGuardia right now, headed home to Tennessee and then Kentucky for a couple of days. I'll see you out there on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay, on Sunday. Okay, going home to Tennessee. Everybody's moving to Tennessee. I swear to God, everybody I talk to, Raleigh Gaines, hey, I'm in Tennessee. Tommy Lahren, hey, I'm in Tennessee. Clay Travis, hey, I'm in Tennessee. Everybody's moving to Tennessee, and I love it there. Do you live by the Grand Ole Opry?
Speaker 5: No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 33: I want to make clear. I live in Kentucky. I have to make a pit stop in Knoxville because I'm at a fundraiser tonight for a friend of mine in Knoxville. But then I'm driving to Louisville. So eventually I'll get back to my old Kentucky home.
Speaker 2: I love Kentucky. It's a nice place. So last one. Lots of rumors today is Caroline Levitt's last day that you will be the next White House press secretary. If it matters, I would tell Trump, you're the perfect guy for the job. I know you're going to say, well, you know, no one said that to me just yet, blah, blah, blah. So I'll ask you an opinion question. Do you want that job?
Speaker 33: Well, I haven't made any comments about it publicly. I'm sort of amused by all the conjecture, and I'm honored by all the people who said that they think I would be good at it. But to be honest, I don't really have anything to say about it other than I think Caroline Leavitt's been nothing short of brilliant, and whoever takes that job next. has big shoes to fill. And the president deserves someone who can give him a positive and affirmative defense of what he's doing for the country, which I think is a net positive. And I think the last two years are going to be, they're going to be after him. And he's going to have to have somebody who's got thick skin and as tough as nails up there.
Speaker 13: So I don't know what.
Speaker 33: He's going to do, but he's always had good instincts about the press. He's his own best spokesperson and his own best messenger, but he deserves a partner to fight that battle every day.
Speaker 2: You just made the best defense ever for yourself. I mean, and God, I'm being serious because you're all those things. You are perfect for this job. You're amazing. You're smart. You're fearless. You'd be great for him. And if, God forbid, Scott, we lose the midterms, like you just said, those last two years, that's going to be brutal.
Speaker 15: Brutal.
Speaker 33: Oh, it will be bad. I lived through the last two years when I worked for President Bush, after we lost the 06 midterm, which was.
Speaker 5: A brutal time.
Speaker 33: It was awful, and I think it's going to be that times 1,000. If God forbid they win, and by the way, I'm not ready to concede yet. A lot of people are out there talking negative. I'm not ready to concede the election. I think we've got to fight it out. But if, God forbid, they win, what they try to do to this president and his cabinet and anybody who's ever been within 250 feet of him, it's going to be an abomination. Look what they're doing to his assistant, Natalie Harp. I mean, you think about the absolute lack of respect they have for people who have gone to serve our country like Natalie, but they will be– They will do things we couldn't even conjure up here on the radio today to try to destroy this man and his presidency and anybody who helped him. And he's going to need all the lawyers and press help he can get to fight him off. But I'm sure he'll have it. But that is what awaits him if this election doesn't go well.
Speaker 2: My God. Scott Jennings, just amazing. Have a safe trip to Tennessee and Kentucky. Can't wait to see you in Vegas. You truly are amazing. Thank you, Scott Jennings.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 33: I look forward to seeing you, Sid.
Speaker 13: Take care.
Speaker 2: Me too, buddy. Take care. Scott Jennings right there, CNN. For the second straight year, we will speak together in Las Vegas. Coming up this weekend, making his debut, and a great one, on Sid and Friends in the Morning. I mentioned KT McFarlane. I think she heard that whole thing on hold. Interested to get her opinion. The great KT McFarlane. She's coming up next.
Speaker 10: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Moments ago, Katie, I know you heard every word from Scott. What did you think?
Speaker 9: He's terrific. You know, he can talk about American politics. He can talk about New York. He can talk about national security, foreign policy, Iran. He's got an amazing range. And he's very, very, very well informed. But he's a heck of a nice guy.
Speaker 2: He's a great guy. He really is. We've been together on a couple of occasions. We'll be together this weekend, this Sunday in Las Vegas, speaking at the RJC Can't Wait conference. And I'm a big fan of his, and I do think he'd be great in that Caroline Leavitt position, the White House spokesperson, press secretary, I should say. What do you think?
Speaker 9: He would be great, but I'd rather see him do what he does, which is go out there and make the case for the president. You know, you and I have talked about this before. I think that one of the only things I would criticize President Trump for is they don't make the case to the American people enough. He assumes, I mean, because he's so smart, he's like 10 steps ahead. He assumes everybody already knows what he knows, and they don't. And it's worth making the case. And if you've got somebody in the press spokesman's job, he's doing what he's doing. He's defending the president. She's defending the president at every single step. But there's nobody out there in the media world strapping on the armor and going against it because that's the biggest threat is the media and their constant Trump derangement syndrome. where they discount everything that President Trump is doing that's good, and they, I don't know, find some fault in it. So I kind of like the idea that Scott Jennings is out there every day strapping on the armor and going on CNN and every place else making the case.
Speaker 2: No, I understand that. In fact, when I've talked to people about running for office, people that really think I should, you know, because most people don't, they would have a fine. But people that really think I should, they go, you know, but the more I think about it, Sid, I need you doing what you're doing, whether it's on radio or a podcast in the future. It doesn't matter. We need you out there defending President Trump, defending New York's values, defending America's values. And they've even said to me, Sid, to your point just now, KT, you're more valuable than When you're doing that, right, rather than arguing with the city council or the Albany legislature or the governor. So I've heard that from people about my future, too, that people like Scott, like myself, like you, we need us out there because without us, we're already outnumbered. We're outnumbered in a big way. Without us, we're really in trouble.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And I think that's why, you know, again, Scott, you, myself, a number of others going out there and taking the case, including with hostile interviews. And I go on some places, especially the BBC and others, where they just they'll be like five people screaming at me that I keep making the case five. That's fine. I can hand five to one. But but you got to make the case, because if you don't if you don't show up and make the case, then the left really owns that narrative. And we're a democracy, so you have to win hearts and minds of the American people. And if the American people are only listening and hearing one side of an argument, well, it's tough to then make your own case. I think that it's important to do that national service of making the case and getting into, you know, making your point, making your case in face of just enemy fire. And that's what Scott is so good at doing. He does it with a very nice sense and a light touch.
Speaker 2: And how he does it. I would go nuts there on Abby Phillips and CNN.
Speaker 13: He does it.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even raise his voice most of the time. He's got that Kentucky drawl going, and he's a better man than me, because I would lose. I'd start throwing stuff. I really would. But, you know, listen, you and I have gone back and forth on this show. It's not enemy fire. We're on the same team, and I love you, but we've had a couple of disagreements, and For what it's worth, especially on Iran, man, if I play back the Scott Jennings tape of moments ago, that's you. He said exactly what you've been saying on this show for the better part of three months. We've already won. I mean, down to your exact reasons why he had the same exact reasons.
Speaker 9: Well, I guess he's listening too, isn't he? No, look, we have already won. And whether Iran goes to a negotiating table and signs a form and acquiesces and unbended knee, that's probably not ever going to happen. But the objective reality is Iran is finished. And the Strait of Hormuz, which they have used for 47 years to blackmail the world, That's gone as a threat because they overplayed their hand by closing the strait, by mining the strait, by threatening yet again the world economy. What's happened is that because the U.S. armada is there, we can blockade Iran completely. And so ships are getting through. We've been able to clear now all the mines in the Strait of Hormuz. So the only thing that Iran can do to block trade at this point is a couple of shoulder-fired missiles. you know, on one or two guys. The mines are gone. The strait is open. Oil is moving. But because Iran overplayed its hand, countries in the region had started doing workarounds. They started beefing up and full steam ahead and, you know, Manhattan Project doing new pipelines. So more and more oil is now going to move by pipelines today. And then two years from now, three years from now, Almost all of it's going to move by pipeline. And then some of the slack that used to come from the Middle East oil has been picked up by American oil. The countries are sending empty tankers to the Gulf of America to get filled up instead of the Persian Gulf. So it's stupid around. They overplayed their hand. They overplayed their hand in a lot of ways. And they're coming out of this not only broke at home, but much, much, much weaker in the sense of the power they could use to threaten the world. And I think it only reinforces the necessity that President Trump took the move to destroy their nuclear program because they threatened the world for 50 years with Can you imagine if they actually had nuclear weapons?
Speaker 2: No, God, no.
Speaker 9: They would threaten the world.
Speaker 2: No, they wouldn't threaten it. Use it. Israel will be off the map by now.
Speaker 9: Use it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 9: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: You know, I had a very interesting conversation yesterday on the show with Gordon Chang. And, you know, he's Mr.
Speaker 33: China.
Speaker 2: And, you know, we're talking about Iran today. We're talking about Canada today. Some think that Trump is going to look out of the way like America. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. He wants to rename a body of water.
Speaker 9: I think he gets up at three o'clock in the morning. And then he just sort of, like, a little twinkle in his eye, and he thinks, how am I going to get those girls on The View really mad today?
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 9: How am I going to get everybody, you know, riled up? And then he comes up with, you know, Gulf of America, let's take Greenland, Canada, 51st State, and now Lake America.
Speaker 2: Let's just piss him off. So I know he does all that. But we're talking about China and look, they're the ones that we should still be worried about. Okay. At the end of the day, it ain't Iran. It ain't Canada. It's not Venezuela, Cuba or Russia. It's China. But you're talking about how we weakened Iran so much. And the conversation with Gordon yesterday was China, not the same either. Now, look, they're still doing pretty well in the AI race. There's no doubt about it. But look, they got to get their oil from Iran. Their economy is not exactly great. The people there are losing confidence in their leader. So while Iran is always the subject of the conversation, Iran can't do anything, right? They never were able to fund all those terror proxies, Hezbollah, the Houthis, and Hamas, any of that without China. Some say China is still, through the Caspian Sea, providing weapons. Some say China is still having Arab countries get money to Iran. I don't know if any of that is true.
Speaker 5: All I know is.
Speaker 2: China still remains our biggest issue in the world today. Yes?
Speaker 3: 100%.
Speaker 9: And the AI race will determine the future of the world. Whoever gets AI first, it's a transformative technology. Whoever gets there first is going to dominate. I mean, dominate like superpower dominate. Soul superpower dominate the world for at least a generation. And that's why the race with China over AI is so important. So it's really important for us to continue to invest in it. to allow innovation, to allow data centers, et cetera. And it's also important for us to control the world energy supply because what does China not have? Energy. They're one of the most energy-poor countries in the world. They have to import their energy. And if the United States, as I've said in President Trump, his brilliant idea of making the United States the world's dominant energy power, in other words, not only do we export the most oil, natural gas, LNG products, crude, refined oil. We also have ownership or great influence over a lot of the rest of the world's oil, whether it's coming from Venezuela, the United Arab Emirates, et cetera. So we can dominate the world energy supply. And then when we dominate the world AI technology, we're way ahead of everybody because China still has to import its oil. I think when President Trump meets with President Xi next month, one of the conversations should be, Hey, Mr. President of China, why don't you buy American oil?
Speaker 2: I'd love to get a camera on the president of China's face when Trump says that, because he's very friendly when Trump is there. He says nice things. He does nice things. Somebody gives Trump a chair for a midget. But he he doesn't like us. Not even a little bit. Let's be honest. OK, let me go back to Canada for a second, though, because this is quite the story. You heard about this. The CBC News. So the director of journalism tells a journalist there that you cannot refer to September the 11th as terrorist attacks. They don't want the words terrorism or terrorist attacks even used. Think about this. They sent out a memo and it said, don't use those words. Instead, describe the events as as hijackings that led to passenger jet crashes in Washington, Pennsylvania, and Manhattan. And oh yeah, the World Trade Center was also destroyed. They will not allow their journalists to use the words terrorist or terrorism attack Canada. Is that unbelievable?
Speaker 9: Yeah, especially because after September 11th, one of the first countries that tried to help America was Canada. where they sent the thing that when President Bush was asked, well, how can we help you? He said, well, you know, send people to come to America. You know, we're open for business again. And Canada was one of the first that filled that void. The other thing that is just stunning to me is I spent, I don't know if I ever told you this, but when I did my graduate degree at Oxford, I studied communism and Lenin and Marx. And how do you take over countries? You know, what was their blueprint? And it was always to rewrite history. The first thing you did was to rewrite history, you know, whitewash history so that the countries and people didn't feel proud or acknowledge the sacrifices that their people made in history. And you rewrite it so that instead of being heroes, the people who respond, they become villains.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 9: And that's exactly what they're doing. This is the rewriting of history.
Speaker 2: Well, a guy used to be a friend of mine. He's not a friend any longer, but that's really on him, not me. We wrote history yesterday. You got to hear this. Former mayoral candidate, former WABC talk show host, and a damn good one. I'll give him credit for that. Curtis Sliwa talking about rewriting history, KT McFarlane. This one you can't make up. The guy's name is Adam Friedland. He does a podcast. Curtis was on his show yesterday. And you tell me if Curtis did not, I should say, as you just said, rewrite history.
Speaker 6: Does it piss you off when people try to s * * * on Columbus? Like Native Americans and stuff?
Speaker 5: Christopher Columbus, right?
Speaker 33: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He was a degenerate. He had his problems.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He had his eccentricities.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was Jewish. Did you know that?
Speaker 7: It's actually fake.
Speaker 15: No, no.
Speaker 14: They try to say he's Jewish, but he's not.
Speaker 5: No, he had a brush. Trust me. He had to drop his drawers to prove that. He had a brisk.
Speaker 17: Come on.
Speaker 7: Some people just like that style.
Speaker 5: You know, back then.
Speaker 7: People like a hoodless style.
Speaker 11: You know, why do you think he had to escape Spain in 1492? He was doing it on behalf of.
Speaker 12: When Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand launched the Inquisition on your people and said he would convert or die. And he decided to leave with the Nina, the Pinta, the Santa, and the Maria.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, there's three, actually. The Santa Maria.
Speaker 5: No, no.
Speaker 7: You're wrong. No, no, Santa Maria was the third one.
Speaker 5: The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa, and the Maria.
Speaker 7: The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria.
Speaker 5: That's right. Four of the ships. Three of them made it.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: As he went.
Speaker 14: Oh, so he called one the Santa Maria after one lot.
Speaker 7: You combine the names?
Speaker 5: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 7: Oh, God.
Speaker 8: Are you trying to instruct me on the hero of my peeps, Christopher Columbus?
Speaker 15: I thought you, so you're Jewish. No, he is Jewish.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I had to go back and look because I trust Curtis so much. I go, wait a second. I was under the impression it was three boats. The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. And everything I read said it was not four boats. It was three boats. So the question is, because you're Italian, KT, did Curtis rewrite history there?
Speaker 9: I think Curtis has jumped the shark. He has. I mean, A, rewriting history. Christopher Columbus is Jewish. I mean, he's, I think, yeah, he's going to some strange place. And that's a shame.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Because he did do great things for the country and New York.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 9: Decades ago.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 9: That was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: It's over, right?
Speaker 13: That's it.
Speaker 2: Now he belongs in maybe a room with Lindsay Clancy.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 2: And that's not a funny story. That's a horrible story. She killed her three kids. But, you know, we're going to find out, I guess. There's definitely five different verdict possibilities in this case. And we're going to find out. Me personally, I don't think she's evil. I think she did an evil thing. And I think that she should never see daylight again. But I would put her in a mental institution and not a maximum security prison. Do you have any, as a great mom and grandmother, any opinion on that case?
Speaker 9: Your heart breaks. Your heart breaks for every one of those five, you know, outcomes and conclusions that you talked about. Your heart just breaks. And for me at that point, I just think you turn to prayer and you don't rail at God. You just turn to prayer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good idea. KT, you're such a sweet and beautiful and smart lady. You know, I love you so much. Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're the best. KT McFarlane right here on Sid and Friends in the Morning does an amazing job, everybody. Talking about that Lindsey Clancy case, we will talk to my dear friend of 49 years, the best defense attorney anywhere in the world, Joseph Takapina. He'll be here. Janice Dean will be here. And maybe one more guest along the way. This is the Body Edition.
Speaker 10: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Cnn superstar and maybe just maybe the next the next i should say white house press secretary made his debut on this show and lou you'd agree he killed it right he killed it was great absolutely fantastic scott jennings should be doing more yeah well he's going to be with me in las vegas this weekend so that's where i met him for the first time last year in the green room because he spoke right before me so we spoke for about 20 minutes and then You know, I start to pay more attention. He defends me on CNN every now and then, which is very, very nice. And we've spoken a bunch of times. We co-hosted the One Israel Fun Dinner back in the fall of last year. That was amazing at Chelsea Piers. But he's never been on before today. So he is one of the big names that will be at the RJC in Vegas this weekend. So Matt Brooks and Norm Coleman made sure he stopped by today. Another very big name that's going to be there, and I think I'll have some time to have a little one-on-one with him, is the vice president, J.D. Vance. That's Monday, so we'll see if that comes to fruition. J.D. going to be here come 9-11 because President Trump is not. We found out today or yesterday that President Trump will be at the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., paying his respects. J.D. Vance will be here, as will the mayor. Of New York City. Mamdani. I just. I don't know what to say to. Giovanni Galante.
Speaker 10: And.
Speaker 2: Charles Wolfe.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 2: Jeanette Pick. Even. Some of these politicians. Like. Joanne Areola. She's been fighting. Very very hard.
Speaker 30: And.
Speaker 2: Her girl there. Phyllis Insurella. I don't know what to say. You know.
Speaker 7: Just.
Speaker 2: We've been trying. We've got this petition going. I think it's over 90,000 strong. Even Scott Lobato from a hospital bed. He had the plane that flew overhead that said, stay away. This guy, he just had a heart attack. So there are so many New Yorkers. I know that I played it earlier. I'm going to play it again because it's so ridiculous. Channel 7, ABC News. The word that Sade Baranwad, nice lady, very pretty, very good. The word that she used to describe the amount of families that don't want him here is just incorrect. They got to stop running cover for this creep. Channel 2, Channel 4, Channel 5, Channel 7, 9, 11, every cable network outside of Fox News, Newsmax. Stop running cover for this creep. Melissa Russo, Marsha Kramer, Katie Honan, and in this case, Sade Baranwad. Take a listen. She talks about The families that are upset that the mayor is coming. But listen to the word she uses to describe how many. This is cut number two.
Speaker 16: President Trump is not expected to attend this year's 9-11 ceremonies at the September 11th memorial in lower Manhattan. Instead, he's expected to commemorate the 25th anniversary at the Pentagon where he'll deliver remarks. Vice President J.D. Vance will represent the Trump administration in Lower Manhattan. Mayor Mamdani will also attend, despite the wishes of select 9-11 family members.
Speaker 2: Select? Sorry, sweetheart. It's a lot more than select. It's the majority. It may be the overwhelming majority. What do you mean select? They run cover for this guy all the time. It's kind of like Canada. I talked about this all morning long with KT and Rich Lowry and Scott Jennings. The CBC telling their people do not use the word terrorist or the words terrorist attack to describe 9-11. Yeah, it came down. You are not allowed to do that on our network in Canada anymore. The memo instead described the events as, ready for this, hijackings that led to passenger jet crashes in Washington, Pennsylvania, and Manhattan. It also says the World Trade Center was destroyed, but they want to remove... Any political significance. Just hijackings. That could have been anybody. That wasn't the truth. The truth was, on that day and every day since, radical Islam set out to destroy America. How do you leave that out? 19 Arab hijackers. They took flying lessons. How to fly but not to land. How do you leave that out and just say, oh, a bunch of planes got hijacked and they crashed? Are you nuts? So it's everywhere. We're surrounded by people who protect radical Islam, Muslims, all of it. Criminals. Sade Baranwad, a select number of families. No, Sade, the majority don't want this punk anywhere near that place. And I know because I speak to him, okay? I'm not sitting on 66 and Broadway in a nice little studio like you do, okay? Come on. You know better than that. I know Bill Ritter would have said the same thing. And Bill, of course, had to retire, and I wish Bill the best of luck. And what he did, he's going through something terrible. He's also going to the Hall of Fame the same day that I am with me and Roseanne Escato. And I wish Bill Ritter nothing but luck and success. But he would say stuff like that. Select families. No, that's not correct. Let's call it the way it really is and stop trying to protect our lousy and horrible politicians. Joe Takapina, best defense attorney in the world, friend of mine for 49 years. He's coming up.
Speaker 1: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Spends a lot of time with our best generals. He's been at the Pentagon many, many times. That's where Trump will be on 9-11. And in fact, just to prove this story, as I get set to introduce Joseph this morning, he's leaving Fort Bragg. He was out there for the great General Donahue's retirement ceremony. I know how upset he was that Donahue was forced to retire. So was I. So are a lot of people who are familiar with the Army and the great job that Donahue did. So let's go to Joseph right now, somewhere near Port Bragg, if not in Port Bragg on this Friday morning. Joseph, good morning, buddy. How are you? Good morning, brother.
Speaker 13: I'm pretty good considering, you know, you spend a night with a bunch of Army guys, particularly Special Forces and Special Ops and those sorts of guys, and it gets rough. They like the bourbon.
Speaker 2: Oh, boy.
Speaker 5: Oh, boy.
Speaker 13: Boy, oh, boy.
Speaker 2: They like bourbon.
Speaker 13: They really do. Drink it like water, and then they get up at 530 to do PT the next morning like nothing. So, yeah, it was a great night because it celebrated one of our great heroes, literally generational heroes. It was also a bit of a sad night because the night should never have been taking place not at this time, maybe in 10 years from.
Speaker 17: Now or later.
Speaker 13: You know, somewhere down the road, but certainly not this time, not one of the most crucial times in this country's military history. But it took place and it was great. And I mean, it was that was a who's who of the United States Army last night. I mean, every great general, General Miller and all these incredible ex-general's ex-Delta Force guys and. And then, of course, you have generals like Pat Worth there and General Anderson, these great leaders who are still hanging in there, as our Army seems to be becoming a bit of a rudderless ship. But, you know, here we are.
Speaker 2: Here we are. And Donahue, he called it quits last night. He never should have, like you said. And then your guy, Secretary Driscoll, he's about to resign the end of next week. That is another horrible move for the Army, based on people that I speak to, especially you. So Driscoll on his way out, you know, I meant to ask you this last time. Do you have anybody in mind who you'd like to think would place Driscoll?
Speaker 13: Oh, there's only one. There's only one. It's Mike Oberdahl. Mike is currently the undersecretary, Senate-confirmed undersecretary, by the way, of the United States Army. He's an obvious way to restore some continuity here. Mike Overdahl is one of our great, great heroes. He understands the institution. He understands modernization. Most importantly, he understands soldiers. So if Driscoll leaves, not if. He leaves next week, which is a done deal. You know, the only guy really to replace him is Mike Oberdahl. He was a helicopter pilot with Apache gunships. He had multiple combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was a squadron commander for the Delta Force. And if you don't know what that means, that's the pinnacle of our army right there. You know, he's married to a West Point grad, three sons. And most importantly, he is loved by the troops. Mike Oberdahl is fantastic. It really would be the only choice if we want to have any sense of stability, calmness, continuity. And I think that should be the case. He will be the acting because he's the undersecretary.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 13: But the president needs to restore some stability there immediately and really, really appoint him. Because right now, the United States Army is becoming rudderless at precisely the moment America can least afford it. We're fighting worse. We care for next week literally without him. A Senate-confirmed chief of staff and a Senate-confirmed Army secretary. That's not a personnel problem. That's a national security problem in my mind. So we have to make some moves here.
Speaker 2: No, I agree. You know, you mentioned the Army secretary, and you and I have a dear, dear friend in common. And he happens to own the Florida Panthers and a couple of racehorses that won the Kentucky Derby, one of his. Golden Temple in the Belmont this year. His name is Vinnie Viola. And people may not know this, but back in 2016, Vinnie's a New York guy, a Brooklyn guy, Williamsburg. President Trump offered Vinnie the Army, the Secretary of Army position. Vinnie's a big-time West Point grad and well-respected, beloved. Now, Vinnie turned it down because he's got 19 other businesses to run, but he was you know, honored, obviously, and very respectful in turning it down. But Vinny was up at that position, which is a huge honor. Shows you what kind of guy Vinny is. But you just mentioned the guy now. The Wall Street Journal is reporting he also, like Driscoll, will be stepping down at the end of the year. What's that all about?
Speaker 13: You know, So, again, I'm going back to the instability at the top of the United States Army and at the military. And again, I'll go back to Pete Excep. You know how I feel about him. You know how I feel about what he's done as far as a leadership voice to me. it's inexplicable. And I'm telling you the guys in the know, and I'm in the know, like what it's so, but the guys in the know, you know, I'm the United States army ambassador. Okay. That's my, my title, my role, but, but the guys who are there in the, in the fields and, and, in the war, on the grounds, and at the bases every single day, the morale is really being drained a bit, brother. It's being drained. And that's the part, look, that we need to stop having happen to us. We're losing generational talents. We don't replace General Donahue overnight. You just can't do it. Fortunately, we have General Norrie who stepped in for it. General Norrie is a great, great general. You have General Pat Warwick, who's really the disciple of General Donahue. Pat Warwick is... He's revered and loved. General Anderson, who's the 18th Airborne Corps commander. I mean, you have some all-time greats still in there, but we're losing them. And our enemies, Sid, do not care about Washington politics or Pentagon infighting. The enemy cares whether the United States Army is ready to fight tonight. So leadership vacancies at the top of the Army in wartime, to me, are unacceptable. And here we are. So we need to— this needs to be taken— the president needs to step right in.
Speaker 2: I think he will. He's got a lot going on. That's not an excuse. I love when people tell me, yeah, we're busy. I don't want to hear it, okay? You've got to prioritize certain things, right? Everybody's busy. Everybody's busy. But you prioritize, okay? What's most important? And in this case— with the president, Pete Hexeth. Does Hexeth know that you go on this show and other shows? And you're right. No, I'm serious. You're right. You know, you're not lying. You're not talking out of line. You're giving out facts. But does he know that you're pretty critical of him?
Speaker 13: I never had a chat with him about it and don't know. And if he wants to have a chat, I'd be more than happy to. I'd say the same thing to his face that I'm saying on this radio show, as I've said on this radio show for months, because I'm seeing what's happening inside our army. I love our army. I love our soldiers. I love our troops. I love our country. And I do not... want to see in military nepotism, cronyism, favoritism. It doesn't belong here. Yeah, it's all over corporate America. That's fine. That's part of our lives, right? Oh, your buddy's son wants a job, whatever. Oh, the son of the CEO gets a job.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Not here. Not here. Because people die when we have favoritism, cronyism, or nepotism here. And so it just has to stop. I don't know if he listens or doesn't listen. And if it affects my standing, so be it. I will always speak my mind and the truth. I don't take any pleasure in saying this. I don't have a personal... like for Pete Hicks as a person. I don't know him, but I do know him as a leader, what he's done. And I'm telling you, the people that were speaking last night and as the night went on and the bourbon continued to flow, people were very open about.
Speaker 2: How they felt. Why do you think then that President Trump has continuously, time and time again, even very recently, defended Pete Hicks and kept him in that position?
Speaker 13: That's one of those unanswered questions. I can't speak for the president. I don't know what's in his mind when it comes to that. He's a loyal guy, right? When he wants, when he thinks I think that's a large part of it. Pete Hegseth will do what the president wants, speaks the language he wants him to speak, and so on and so forth. But by all accounts, by all accounts, I know firsthand that there's been a little ruffling of the feathers of late between the president and Hegseth because of the information that the president's been given about our munitions being so low that the president did not know about. But he can only rely on what his people are telling him. And, you know, there was some backlash against Texas. But, you know, again, we have to see where this goes. I don't care who's the person. I just care about the role and the title and the position being operated in accordance with our needs as in the United States Army, as the military. And that's it. That's all I care about. But we still have some greats. Again, Mike Overdahl is still there. You know, you have general work. You have general leadership. Anderson, all these guys, General Norrie, there's Mike Weimer, the Sergeant Major of the Army, an unbelievable leader. So they're still there, but we're losing our best. By the week, I mean, there was another guy who just retired, another general, La Camera. He just retired. He was a four-star general. I mean, you know, these people are not easy to replace. I spent a lot of time with him last night, General Paul La Camera, four-star. He left. The last year and a half. I mean, you can't, you know, you just, these guys, you don't replace them that easily. And we have to be careful. That's all I'm saying. And the morale needs to be paid attention to because soldiers need to have the will, the desire, and the belief that our administrators are behind them 100%.
Speaker 2: You can't argue with any of that. I got to tell you, we're on twice this week because you're so damn good, Joe Tacopini. You were great on Monday, great on Monday. And this was amazing information. Not good. Amazing, which only a certain amount of people can get. And you're one of those people. But I can't let you go. I can't, even though this is great already, without asking about the biggest trial in the country, in the world today. And that is Lindsay Clancy. We did speak about this on Monday as well. I told you. I think what she did was incredible.
Speaker 5: Evil.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure she is evil. That's up for debate, but I do think what she did was evil. Now they're saying today that with the, um, now the, the verdict in the hand of the jury, the hands of the jury, that there could be any one of five different verdicts in this Trial. Five manslaughter's in there. Murder one, murder two. I don't even know what else. So, really, how complex has this case, Takapina, turned out to be?
Speaker 13: Incredibly complex, because it's not just a whodunit. It's a why.
Speaker 2: Right, there's no whodunit. She admitted she did it. She admitted she killed the kids.
Speaker 13: Right, so then you now have to unbuckle all these... sort of experts and their testimony and who's more credible. One expert says something, another says something else. And then there's the common sense factor. You know, I always remind jurors when I speak to them, I say, you know, ladies and gentlemen, there is no such thing as jury school, okay? You don't need any special skill set to be here. All you need is your God-given common sense. And to be fair and impartial. Don't come in here with any biases or motives or leaning one way or another. Just be open-minded, God-given common sense, follow the law and follow the facts, and you'll do okay, ladies and gentlemen. Because jurors are nervous that they don't know how to do this stuff. There's nothing to it. But this case is complex. There are five different potential words, but actually there are six different outcomes, potential outcomes, right? Because you have to also throw a hung jury in there. That's a sixth potential outcome. But the five different potential, it's a first degree murder, right? That's the top dog there. That's under a deliberate premeditation. But there's an element of extreme atrocity or cruelty. OK, that's life in prison without parole. That's first degree murder. Second degree murder, which is still murder. You know, they have to find a criminal responsible for the murder, but doesn't find the element of first degree murder. That would be the cruelty or atrocity element. That can be life in prison, but there is the possibility of parole. Then you go down the pecking order. Then there's manslaughter, right? It's basically essentially the compromised criminal verdict manslaughter in any homicide case. So, yes, she was criminally responsible, but the culpability did not rise to murder. And that's 20 years max on each count. The judge could also run them consecutively, which for all intents and purposes becomes life. Then you have not. Here's the one that I think is going to be the one. Not guilty by lack of criminal responsibility. I'm looking at the verdict sheet, right? So not guilty by lack of criminal responsibility is basically the insanity verdict in Massachusetts, okay? That's the key question, whether because of mental disease or defect, was she unable to appreciate... The wrongfulness of what she was doing or able to conform her conduct to the law. So she doesn't get to walk away. She just gets committed to a state psychiatric hospital facility. And then, of course, it's not guilty. That's never happening. That's a straight. It will go home. You know, you're not guilty. I ain't happening.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 13: But I do think the not guilty by lack of criminal responsibility is the one.
Speaker 2: So do I.
Speaker 13: I had it. That's where I go. It's not a walk.
Speaker 2: Away, right? I mean, the only thing, the only thing is, is I'm with you. I think that's what they do too. And I think that would be the fairest outcome. I really do. The only thing I have to say to you is where folks get upset is, but yeah, but Sid, she actually asked her husband to leave the house, right? Go pick up this, go pick up that because she knew once he left the house, she can kill the kids. So it wasn't like she's sitting there and she just goes nuts, right? So to a certain extent, that's a little planned, a little, or no.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you can plan and still be.
Speaker 33: Insane.
Speaker 13: You can plan and still have an insanity defense or a verdict of this type. I mean, you can do it. Not guilty by lack of criminal responsibility, because if you believe the expert of the defense, that Dr. Resnick, who by all accounts and reports, I didn't watch every second of the testimony of other things to do, but I've read that he was very good. And what he testified to was that she was experiencing these things called command hallucinations, right? And a delusion of influence. So command hallucinations, like someone's telling you to do something and whatnot. Now, look, we don't know. We can't get inside someone's brain. You know, it sounds weird. Like the son of Sam. Remember the son of Sam when we were kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: You know, the dog told him to do that.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's right.
Speaker 13: And, you know.
Speaker 2: And again, just last week, we brought this up on Monday, this young man in Pennsylvania who killed this beautiful young girl on her way to Pennsylvania University on a soccer scholarship. He said he heard demons, but he had way too much planning. Way too much.
Speaker 13: But yet he also got mad at her because she said something.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 13: I mean, I heard demons is a great line in there when you have no defense at all.
Speaker 5: You got caught red-handed. Yeah.
Speaker 13: You're disposing of the body, disposing of the evidence. You call mommy to help. You know, you had a motive because you got angry. You lost your mind. And you did some horrible, disgusting, and despicable. So what are you going to say? Self-defense? She was scaring me? No. You're going to say, oh, I heard demons. Okay. Bingo. So now we have insanity. So the problem with that is it has to actually develop. forensically. It has to develop by a medical doctor who's going to evaluate that. Anyone could just say, I heard demons. There's got to be outside corroborating proof that there really was something mentally off there. Here, I think you have plenty of it, right? I just think you have plenty of it. Because the state, the Commonwealth, has to prove criminal responsibility beyond a reasonable doubt. And remember, that is a massive hurdle in our system. So you could think that maybe she was criminally responsible. You could think I'm probably certain she was criminally responsible. Sid, maybe and probably certain in the criminal justice system equals not guilty.
Speaker 2: Not guilty.
Speaker 13: So remember that. So even if we think, oh, come on, That's not enough. I mean, they have to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt. And that's any doubt based on reason. If you have one of those, not guilty of that count anyway.
Speaker 2: Joe Tacopini, the absolute best. What an amazing appearance today between the Army stuff and Lindsey Clancy. God, I love you so much. Nobody better. But that was great, Joe. Have a great weekend. Thank you, God. You are the best. How great was that? Joseph Tacopini on the Army and Lindsey Clancy. That's my guy. Going on 49 years. Two of us in the polyglot the old poly prep annual yearbook. You've heard this a million times before. You're going to hear it again. Two of us, it was either the sixth or seventh grade. I forget exactly which one. Danny Pagliano may know. Gary Hanna may know. We were voted, Takapina and Rosenberg, the two least likely, least likely to succeed. And now he's the best defense attorney in the world. And I'm the best radio voice in the world. That's a pretty good call back in sixth or seventh grade. They were all over that one. All over that one. In the meantime, all those people that said that about me, they're either in prison, dead, or running, you know, dessert shops somewhere, basically. You know what I'm saying, Lou, right?
Speaker 4: So at least you're not vindictive about it.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: Is there anybody you want to spit in the face of right now?
Speaker 2: I've maintained that resentment for a long time. I forgive every time. I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet. You know that. I do know that. But I never forget.
Speaker 4: They could still be mutually exclusive.
Speaker 2: I forgive. I don't forget. I don't forget. So I'm a nice guy. Look, I'm old. I'm going to be 60 in April. I hate altercation. I hate confrontation. I don't like it. I come on the air and I beat the living daylights out of people. I do because they're bad people. They're bad people. And someone's got to do it. Someone has to do it. And I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid to get punched across the face. It's happened to me a million times. I managed to hit every single step at the palladium when somebody punched me in the face at the very top of the stairs. I managed to hit every single step. I'm not afraid. So here for these four hours, I mess with everybody. But once it's over, well, I have Twitter too. That's another issue. I got to work on that. But otherwise, I'm a nice guy. I don't You know what I'm saying, Lou? I mean, you're with me? Come on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have agreed twice. I know you're a nice guy. Yes.
Speaker 2: But I get angry about certain things, but I do remember people who said you'd amount to nothing. I mean, I'm going to do this quickly. We went for dinner one time in Boca Raton many years ago, Danielle and I, and I was really having a difficult time. I was. And I wasn't doing very well, and people knew it. And somebody at the dinner table actually basically said, your husband's a loser. I know he's doing radio, but he's a loser, and You know, what are you going to do, you know? And she got upset at dinner. Then I got upset. Don't get upset. Who cares what he says? He's a loser. But she loves me, and she got upset, you know. And I remember that guy, and she remembers that guy very, very well because as tough as I can be, Danielle's a heck of a lot tougher. So I just don't forget.
Speaker 13: She's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Scarier, yeah. Yeah, no question.
Speaker 4: A few-crosser.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. We're done for this hour.
Speaker 4: How are things going, Danielle?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 4: All right, good. I'll get that for you.
Speaker 2: I want you to be nice. Thank you very much. I'll do that. Until it's time. Until it's time. To not be nice. That's right. Okay, about an hour to go. Lou Rapinoe, we'll take a quick break. Come back. We've got the news. Janice Dean's going to stop by. Sid and Friends in.
Speaker 1: The Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it for a while living in the city and had a doorman and all that was great. But I love my own house. I do. But man, does it become expensive? I don't care. It just becomes it's one thing after another. And now we're in the midst of a huge job. huge job. Some of my bricks not pointed correctly and literally moving away from the house. We get leaks all the time. You guys know this. It's been a disaster. At one point, we had to move out for six months because all my pipes burst. So while my house is gorgeous and we love the neighborhood, we do. Most of the people, 99% are great. Couple of assholes, but that's fine. They don't bother me. We love it there. It has become very expensive to live there. So my buddy, Rich Clift is the guy that keeps working on my house. He rebuilt the house after the water damage. And now he's taking out all these bricks and basically rebuilding it again. Rich Clift, a lot of money. And Joe from right way with the, uh, You know, with the dumpster, it's a lot of money. Everything's a lot of money. Everything's a lot of money. Doesn't matter how much they love me. I love the show. It's a lot of money, but we got to do it. I mean, the house is like literally coming apart. So all you guys out there, especially you, which cliff, thank you for working hard. It is loud too, man. That work is loud. They're bashing. And I don't know. It's just, it's expensive. You know, you guys both live in apartments. So I guess to that respect, you're kind of lucky.
Speaker 4: I mean, the grass is always greener, so while I appreciate when I hear this, I always appreciate, ah, just go home.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Fresh.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: Positives and negatives to everything, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, it got weird for me when I started to gain some real popularity in New York and I'd have to go into a building and wait for the elevator and I'd talk to people, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's what I can't stand either.
Speaker 2: Like, I go home, I go home. These people would just talk my ear off. And the last place I lived was the Upper West Side in New York City and they hated me.
Speaker 4: Well, you had an extreme version of people you don't want.
Speaker 13: To talk to.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought the people liked you, actually.
Speaker 4: No, I don't care about that. It's the fact that some of them are old and they should not be by themselves. And you're like, okay, I just want to get up to my.
Speaker 7: Apartment.
Speaker 4: Now you're waiting. Then we have this thing where... Okay, we don't have a doorman or anything. So you can be letting in people that shouldn't be in.
Speaker 2: So you're building. That's no good.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: So do you know how many countless meetings there have been? And I don't get involved in these. Like, okay, here's the new thing. Don't let anybody in that you don't know.
Speaker 2: Makes sense.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 4: But people still do it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: Because they're knocking on the thing and you're looking at them like, I don't know who the heck you are. You're not coming in here.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We've had packages stolen. People almost assaulted.
Speaker 2: Oh my God. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's a problem.
Speaker 2: Big problem.
Speaker 4: And my building has a couple of morons in it who have, we've had work done and we've had the door fixed. And when it takes too long and it doesn't go to their liking, guess what they do? They don't stay in house. They call 3-1-1.
Speaker 2: Oh my God.
Speaker 4: Do you want to guess what that takes?
Speaker 2: How long?
Speaker 4: They put a stop to the project. Because these idiots in the building don't understand what that means to call 3-1-1. So 3-1-1 calls the company. This is a work stoppage until we can investigate what.
Speaker 2: You're doing wrong.
Speaker 4: Now, that's a month to two months.
Speaker 12: Oh, God.
Speaker 4: So they stop the procedure.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then it starts again and somebody else calls 3-1-1.
Speaker 2: No, no good. This is no good.
Speaker 15: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: This is no good.
Speaker 4: There are morons in my building.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I think every building. I think every building.
Speaker 4: You just call the superintendent or the company, the guy who runs the building.
Speaker 9: Sure.
Speaker 4: That's all you have to do. That doesn't take a degree in cold fusion. But these idiots, oh, there's a problem. I'm going to call 311.
Speaker 2: How long have you lived in that building? That specific building. Long time, right?
Speaker 4: MJ's had it since 06. Oh, wow.
Speaker 2: 20 years.
Speaker 30: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we were back and forth in Woodside. She's kept it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then we lived in Woodside. Then we went back in there when I was forced out.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And but I have never I have never lived with the the elevator they've called on that got stopped. Our terraces have now been closed for about three years now.
Speaker 2: I don't know about all this. I know. Trust me.
Speaker 4: I haven't been able to use my terrace.
Speaker 2: My sister, my mother and sister, they had condominiums in South Florida and they shut the pool down. Shut the pool.
Speaker 4: They haven't had.
Speaker 2: A pool down there in their big buildings, big, beautiful buildings on the water, Aventura. Haven't had a pool for three years. Now, my brother-in-law bought a house, Albert, in Parkland anyway, Sherry. It's a gorgeous house. So they're out of there. But for like three years, they never had a pool.
Speaker 4: Why? Because of an issue?
Speaker 2: There was an issue with the pool and they didn't fix it for three years. So if I visited them, I went to the beach in Hallandale. It's ridiculous. And when I lived in that Upper West Side apartment, my last apartment, right on, I guess it was, what is it called? West End or I guess West End, between 104th and 105th. We lived on the 14th floor. The elevator was always broken, always. So back then, I used to shop at Gristiti's on 103rd and Broadway. I would buy my groceries at Gristiti's, have to walk it over to East End Avenue, I guess, on 104th, and then walk it 14 flights up to my apartment. So I would always text them and go, hey, I'm taking money off the rent this month. No, you're not. Even COVID. During COVID, I said, you're not getting the same amount of rent.
Speaker 7: Sorry.
Speaker 2: And they did accept that. They had no choice. Plus, I took the whole gym from the basement, put it in my apartment. Swear to God. Literally took the whole gym. You walked inside my apartment. There was a weight bench. There were weights everywhere. I'm like, listen, you shut the gym. No one's using it. It's closed because of COVID. I'm going to use it. And when I'm done, I'll put it back. Even with the reduction in price during COVID, I still spent the most. It was just impossible. The elevator was always broken. Always. They promised me a sunroof. I lived there for three years. Never got a sunroof. We're working on it.
Speaker 4: Plus there's maintenance fees you're paying.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 4: You're paying maintenance fees.
Speaker 2: Up the ass. Outrageous.
Speaker 4: And I tell MJ, just cut it. Cut it.
Speaker 2: We own these.
Speaker 4: We're supposed to have terrace access.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: If you want to hire a company that takes three damn years to fix this, all the terraces, then the... The price should go down.
Speaker 33: 100%.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Of course.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't. No chance.
Speaker 4: Things go up.
Speaker 2: We've got a big charity about to take place in the city. Our dear friend Janice Dean, she was on a couple of weeks ago. She's raising money for nursing homes. She's going to tell us about this big charity she has coming up, I believe, next week. It may be Monday. And how you get involved. Our old buddy from Fox News and the Imus in the Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Our great friend, the very talented Janice Dean. Janice, you are Canadian. Are you a big Neil Young fan?
Speaker 17: That's a terrible Neil Young song.
Speaker 8: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you like? Do you like Harvest Moon? What do you like? What's your.
Speaker 17: You know, he's fine. He did a good job when he was with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
Speaker 2: He did that. He wrote that song, too, which was good with the. 25-year commemoration of 9-11 coming up. He wrote that song about United Flight 93 passengers. Let's roll. Remember that?
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 17: A wonderful song by Neil Young. I'm a Rush fan. And I love that they're touring. And I was a little worried because I thought, how can they tour without Neil Peart? I mean, how is that possible? I was actually mad at them. But this drummer that is subbing in for the great Neil Peart, who we lost to young, she's fantastic.
Speaker 7: She is.
Speaker 17: Good for Rush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lou said that. Lou said she was really good. And we play Rush here all the time. We love Limelight. And don't forget, The song that you're all favorite, the I-Man used every morning to start his show, Tom Sawyer by Rush.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 17: You know what, Sid? It's 24 years ago, I think this week, that I was doing my auditions for I-Miss in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that? Is that right? Yeah, I do believe that.
Speaker 17: Because I got the job the first week of September.
Speaker 2: The year after 9-11, so it would have been 2002 you got the job with I-Miss.
Speaker 5: 2002.
Speaker 2: And then when did you get the Fox News? When was that?
Speaker 17: That was 2004, January of 2004. So I was with you guys for like a year and a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 17: The longest year of my life. Many, many thousands of dollars in therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. Trust me. I'm right there with you. But it did prepare you for the real world. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 17: And it brought us together.
Speaker 2: Brought us together. That's right.
Speaker 17: And Lou and Janice again.
Speaker 2: Come on. How about that?
Speaker 4: Where's my therapy?
Speaker 2: You get it every morning right here with me, Louis, as you know.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 17: And, of course, we miss Bernard. We love you, Bernard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love Bernie, of course. Bernie's going to be gone. November will be, is it four years already? Four years. Maybe five.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Four in November. Yeah, four in November.
Speaker 17: Do you think him and the I-Man are, like, having fun up there?
Speaker 5: No doubt.
Speaker 2: No doubt. You can count on that. You can count on that, Bernard and the I-Man. Is Ahmed?
Speaker 17: Heaven?
Speaker 2: I don't know. He did a lot of good things. I mean, you know, kids with cancer.
Speaker 17: I've softened over the years.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 17: I really have. You know what? He brought me to New York. He's the one. Well, I don't know. I don't know if he loved me. I think it was just.
Speaker 2: Hold on. Who's got something?
Speaker 7: Wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 4: Straighten this out. Recall who fought for you.
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 17: I know you did.
Speaker 4: Lou, I know that.
Speaker 17: I know you thought I was the dark Canadian horse.
Speaker 4: I said it right away.
Speaker 17: And I had no chance in a double hockey stick.
Speaker 4: I said she is the best.
Speaker 2: He did. Lou was the one.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, Bernie had nice things to say, too. But Lou was the one who really brought you across the finish line. I'm the same way. I've softened, too. In fact, you're not going to believe this, but I talked to Deirdre and Wyatt. Once in a while, they've congratulated me on making the Hall of Fame and the whole thing. And I do admit that a lot of the influence on my career, which has gone well, came from Imus. So the longer he's gone, the more I like him. It is what it is.
Speaker 17: I think I should have stood up for myself more. And who knows? Maybe I would have, you know, stayed with you guys. I'm not sure.
Speaker 9: That's hindsight.
Speaker 2: You just don't know. Who knows? A long time ago, of course. But look, you're doing great things now. And I know that you've got a big charity coming up. This sounds like it's going to be great. All those beautiful clothes you wore on Fox News every morning out there with the fans and doing the weather and all that fun stuff. You're about to auction all that stuff off. Is that right? Yes.
Speaker 17: So on Tuesday, September 1st at the Harrison in Floral Park, I am I have to tell you, I think I've hoarded a lot of these clothes. Like people are like, why did you save all of that stuff? And the reason is because when I find something that fits me, I keep it and I buy like five of them. So I have like. Hundreds of dresses and coats that I wore outside doing the weather and skirts and belts and jewelry that I'm giving to charity basically for under every piece will be under 50. I would say like dresses 15 to 25. And some of these coats are probably 400, $ 500. And all of the money, every single penny of it is going to go to a cause nursing home warrior. And this woman goes across New York and brings pop-ups, shops to nursing homes so that the people, the residents can come down and shop for free. She's an angel here on earth. So all of the clothes that I wore on television going to this great cause, the Harrison on Tuesday, nothing over $ 50. hundreds of items. Hugs are for free. There is an admission charge, but open bar and also lots of hors d'oeuvres. And listen, I know you got a lot of male fans out there listening. Buy the ticket for your wife. She will love you. This is a great present for your wife.
Speaker 2: You'd be surprised. 48% of my listeners are female, believe it or not.
Speaker 17: Go girl!
Speaker 2: Yeah, this isn't the fam. We're not talking about the Mets and the Yankees, okay? We're talking about something Moms care about and females love and plus I'm so good looking. They love this show. You kidding me? They love it. But this specific event, this woman that you're talking about, my God, what is her name? Who is this lady? She's amazing.
Speaker 17: She's amazing. Her name is Danielle, and she has been in nursing homes for 35 years. She's a nutritionist. You should have her on your program. She started this charity because she realized that a lot of these residents don't have visitors, don't have family, and they barely get stipends for clothing. So she goes in and she gets clothes from all over the place, from big chains. and barely use clothes and they go in and they think they have to pay for these items and they're for free. So she's just amazing. Her cause is nursing home warrior, lots of volunteers, but it just warms my heart because I lost my in-laws in nursing homes during the pandemic. So I'm trying to give back to all of those residents that some of them are left behind and we have to love them too.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. How many boats, Janice Dean, did Christopher Columbus use? Shut up, Lou. In 1492, in his courageous trip when he found America. How many boats?
Speaker 17: You're asking me trivia right now?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am. Well, you've heard of the Nina, correct?
Speaker 17: I'm thinking it was one boat.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 2: You've heard of the Nina, yes?
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 17: Sure.
Speaker 2: You've heard of the Pinta?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 17: Nope.
Speaker 26: Oh, wow.
Speaker 2: You see it from Canada.
Speaker 10: Oh, my God.
Speaker 17: I thought you were going to ask me questions about Canada.
Speaker 2: No, because there were three boats. The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. Those were the three boats.
Speaker 17: I knew the Santa Maria.
Speaker 2: Listen, those are the three boats that Christopher Columbus used on his courageous trek when he found America in 1492. Three boats. Three boats unless you ask one man. Are you prepared to listen to this?
Speaker 17: Of course. I won a prize.
Speaker 2: No, you're not going to win a prize. But you're going to be like, oh, my God. Cut number one. Go ahead, Lou.
Speaker 7: Does it piss you off when people try to... On Columbus? Like Native Americans and stuff?
Speaker 5: Christopher Columbus, right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He was a degenerate. He had his problems.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He had his eccentricities.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was Jewish. Did you know that?
Speaker 7: It's actually fake.
Speaker 5: No, no.
Speaker 7: They try to say he's.
Speaker 5: Jewish, but he's not. No, he had a brush. Trust me. He had to drop his drawers to prove that. He had a brisk.
Speaker 13: Come on.
Speaker 7: Some people just like that style.
Speaker 5: You know, back then.
Speaker 7: People like a hoodless style.
Speaker 11: You know, why do you think he had to escape Spain in 1492 when.
Speaker 12: Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand launched the Inquisition on your people and said either convert or die? And he decided to leave with the Nina, the Pinta, the Santa, and the Maria.
Speaker 7: Well, there's three, actually, the Santa and the Maria.
Speaker 5: No, no, you're wrong.
Speaker 7: No, no, Santa Maria was the third one.
Speaker 5: The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa, and the Maria.
Speaker 7: The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria.
Speaker 5: That's right. Four of the chefs.
Speaker 2: No, no.
Speaker 5: Three of them made it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not true.
Speaker 5: As he went.
Speaker 14: Oh, so he called one the Santa Maria after one lot. He combined the names?
Speaker 5: Excuse me?
Speaker 7: Nothing.
Speaker 8: Are you trying to instruct me on the hero of my peeps, Christopher Columbus?
Speaker 15: I thought you, so you're Jewish. No, he is Jewish.
Speaker 2: So I don't know who this guy is. His name is Andrew Friedman, but I know you recognize the other voice. I know you love him. That's fine. I don't care. I don't dislike him either, but I mean, this moron actually. Said there were four boats, and the Santa and Maria were different boats. That's the first thing you learn. That's the first thing you learn. And he's a smart guy. I'm the first to admit it, Janice. No one knows more about the history of New York than Curtis.
Speaker 26: Nobody.
Speaker 2: He's a very smart guy. How do you screw that up? I don't know. When was that?
Speaker 7: Yesterday.
Speaker 30: No.
Speaker 2: Yes, this week. This week. So he's getting murdered.
Speaker 7: What a joke.
Speaker 2: He wasn't joking. No. He's getting killed all over social media. Like, again, I'm the person. I mean, he's a smart guy. He's a much smarter history guy than I am. I'll say it. He is. But, no, there were three boats, not four, in the Santa Maria. It was one boat.
Speaker 17: You know what they say. All press is good press.
Speaker 9: Oh, no, no.
Speaker 2: That's not true. Trust me, Janice. Trust me. Just trust me. If anybody can tell you that's not true, it's me. One more time, let's go over this. Really, it's an incredible day you've got coming up on Tuesday and how folks can come by and enjoy this. This is really great stuff, Janice. Yes.
Speaker 17: And there's two sessions, by the way. So 4 to 6 p.m. and then 7 to 9 p.m. All new stuff in both sessions. So you're not going to come into the first session and take everything. We're going to hold some stuff behind. There's hundreds of items that you can get. If you go on social media, you can see some of the beautiful coats, cashmere 100%. a barely worn outfit and all of it going to charity. It's the Harrison and Floral Park. If you've ever been there, beautiful restaurant. We've got the whole back room and it's going to be so much fun. I've got lots of giveaways too, and we'll do some trivia. We'll do the Christopher Columbus question and see if you can win.
Speaker 2: You're good. I got to tell you, you're really very, very good. You're very talented. You're very sweet, and you're just a great soul.
Speaker 17: I love you.
Speaker 15: I miss you.
Speaker 2: I love you, too. Thank you, Janice. Thank you. That's great stuff. Good luck on Tuesday. We'll talk again very soon. That was great.
Speaker 9: Sounds good.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: What a great job. Bye, Janice.
Speaker 5: Miss you.
Speaker 2: What a great job. We love her. Janice Dean. Got to love that girl. She's funny, too. You know, when she was on radio with I Miss You, it was very, very funny.
Speaker 4: She was hilarious.
Speaker 2: She did the scum report, if I remember correctly. Remember that? It was called The Scum Report, right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Janice was great on the air everywhere.
Speaker 2: Everywhere.
Speaker 4: I saw TV tapes of her before she came to New York.
Speaker 2: She was good in Canada, right?
Speaker 15: Yes, she was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She has a personality.
Speaker 2: She's got a men's personality.
Speaker 4: She has a personality.
Speaker 2: She's got all that.
Speaker 5: She's smart.
Speaker 2: And she's a good woman, good lady.
Speaker 4: She was good for the ships.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: She had no idea there was only one, Danina. I guess that's a harder question than I thought.
Speaker 4: Well, she only had to get to Canada. She didn't have to get here.
Speaker 2: That's a lovely, talented lady. Good luck on Tuesday, John Estine. We'll come back, I should say, and close shop.
Speaker 32: Thanks for listening to Sid and Friends in the Morning. You can hear Sid and Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at 6. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio.com and download the wabc Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social, on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X.
Speaker 2: See you next time for.
Speaker 1: A new episode so you never have to wonder.
Speaker 2: What the heck is going on here?