Speaker 1: Welcome to Guardians Weekly on the Cleveland Guardians Radio Network. Guardians Weekly is brought to you by Progressive helping Guardians fans save hundreds of car insurance.
Speaker 2: Hi, everyone, welcome to Guardians Weekly. Jim Rosen house along with you as we join you for another of.
Speaker 3: Our hot stove shows.
Speaker 2: But those are starting to really wind down, as before you know it, we will have our shows emanating from the spring training complex out in Goodyear, Arizona as in eleven days. February the eleventh, the pitchers and catchers report date, although most are either on their way or already in Goodyear, and many have been for quite some time. The full squad reports on the seventeenth, first full squad workout a day later, and the first Cactus League game of the spring will be February the twenty second, when the Guardians take on the Reds, and we will have it for you right here the Cleveland Clinic Guardians Radio Network for the first pitch time of three to five Eastern.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: Should be a fun season and a good show lined up for you. Today we begin our annual off season look around the Central Division with broadcasters from the Central Division rivals of the Guardians and will begin with the opponent in the American League Division Series last fall. What a great series that was five games. It went against the Detroit Tigers, one of the surprise postseason teams in all of baseball last year, and their longtime broadcaster, Dan Dickerson, will stop by and join us. Have some good Cleveland roots too, so it's always fun to catch up with Dan and talk Tigers Guardians, which, as he mentions toward the tail end of our interview in the second half of our show today, it's rare that both have had successful seasons at the same time over the course of both of their lengthy histories. Charter members of the American League, they've been playing each other forever back since the early nineteen hundreds, but rarely have they both been good ball clubs at the same time. But they were a year ago, and the expectation for both is that they will be a So that's in the second half of our show.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 2: Shortly after our break, we will visit with Jen Yorko, the general manager for the Lake County Captains. The teams or the Guardians Midwest League entry in their minor league system, their High A affiliate they won a league championship last year, and then some postseason hardware came Jen's way and also the team's way. And we'll talk to Jen Yorco about not only some great things that have happened for Lake County, but her role in baseball as a woman in a top spot for a team running a ball club, it's rare. It was a lot more rare several seasons ago and several years ago, but more and more women are making impacts on organizations throughout baseball, and Jen Yorco certainly does a great job. If you've had a chance to go to a Lake County game, you know it's a fun time. If you haven't had a chance, head on out there. You'll see some great baseball, good prospects for the Guardians, and also you'll have yourself a blast over the course of the summer too. And along those lines, before we get to our interview with Jen Yorko from the Lake County Captains, the Guardians did announce their player development staff assignments this week, and not too many surprises on the managerial front. Indeed, continuity has been a big key and when you look at the farm system for Cleveland, most of the development magazines, whether it's Baseballamerica, MLB dot Com, MLB Network, anyone who ranks farm systems has Cleveland in the top five among all Major League farm systems. Big reason why what they did a year ago. And then you look at top one hundred prospect lists and again there's many of them, but most have five, six, seven players from Cleveland in their top one hundred overall prospect lists. And for an example, the Athletic Keith Law does this every year on his top one hundred prospect lists. The organization has six players there and that's tied for second most among the thirty teams. So that kind of throws it into perspective there. So your managers this year, Andy Tracy, he's back with Columbus to manage that team for a sixth season. Again, continuity so important. At the Triple A level, Greg Decenzo is back at Double A akron Omir Santos, coming off that championship in the Midwest League for High Aid Lake County. He's back with the Captains next year, as is Jordan Smith. At the Single A Lynchburg level, the Guardians with many many increases in development staffs, both the full season clubs that we just talked about, but also throughout the organization, the roving instructors, the coordinators, all of that, they have filled that out, added more staff, brought in more really smart people who come from different aspects of baseball, not necessarily other organizations or pro BAWL already, but maybe outside that area, several from Ohio State. They've been builtfering that, and Brad Goldberg's a great example of that. The Guardian's former bullpen coach is now an assistant pitching coach for the team. They've tapped into that college pipeline as well as well as private enterprises that work with young players. So they've beefed up the farm system in terms of staff, and it's already been a farm system that has been so productive. Some of the notable names that you may have heard of before. Luis or Tez is back as a special assistant a player development on the hitting side. He had been with the organization for a couple of seasons back in twenty thirteen and fourteen. He's been with several major League staffs since then, including the Red Sox, Padres, Rangers, and Dodgers. He knows hitting and you can never have enough of that going around in your farm system. And Louis Orties is back with the organization, just one of many who have been added to that player development side. All right, we mentioned Jen orco Is, the general manager for the Lake County Captains. Stay with us, we'll hear from her about the twenty twenty four season. It'll be hard to top any season like they had in twenty twenty four over there at Lake County, and we'll talk to Jen about that next.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get ready for baseball.
Speaker 4: With Progressives, name your price tool, you get coverage options based on how much you want to pay for car insurance, and then you decide how to spend the rest of your money because you're in charge right now. You're gonna pay for groceries, but do you decide what grocery is. Just keep in mind here running out of dish washing soap, but you decide if you're gonna buy that soap. Just those dishes won't clean themselves, will they?
Speaker 3: Remember?
Speaker 4: With Progressives, name your price tool, we'll help you find coverage at a fair price, and then you're in charge. Progressive Casualty Insurance Company to field. It's not available in all states. Pricing coverage match limited by state law.
Speaker 3: Down the three to one Manzarda with a drive today right away, Back to go, Kyle man Sardo.
Speaker 1: What a joyous joint around the basis, no doubt about it, to run home run halfway up the lower deck in right and for the first time in the American League Championship Series, Cleveland's gotta lead at two to one on the first ever postseason home run by Kyle Manzardo.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Guardians Weekly, and we are really happy to be joined by a great guest this week, someone who had a year to remember. As fun as the summer was for the Cleveland Guardians, it may have been more fun for the Lake County Captains, who won a league championship under longtime general manager now and longtime Lake County employee, Jen Yorko, who became the first female general manager to guide a team to a league championship. And Jen, thanks so much for stopping by. And I imagine you kind of want to hang on to some great memories from a year ago and keep those rolling into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, thanks for thinking of me, and thanks for celebrating the team's success this year. Certainly a memorable one and one that we hope to repeat this year. You know, it's always exciting when we can come in and win the first half and then you know, as we move guys up to Akron and guys come here from Lynchburg and we get the that we had on field to come back and win, the whole thing was pretty great.
Speaker 5: And off the.
Speaker 6: Field we had a lot of really pretty great successes as well, higher attendance and some accolades that came our way in the front office. Hop that with Baseball America's number one Team of the Year is just a whole lot of successes rolled up into month by month accolades that we were able to celebrate, and we appreciate you highlighting us.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned that the Baseball America Minor League Team of the Year. What does that mean a minor league franchise, especially to not only yourself, but everyone else on that front office staff who puts in the countless hours to make things run smoothly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it really showcases the strong relationship that we have with the Cleveland Guardians, the coaching staff, player development, your front office. We've been close for some time now. We work well together. Bounce ideas off of each other, and you know, strive to meet what we can do and strive what we can do better for the guys on field. And to have the level of talent that we had this year, all year long was incredible. I think it just it's a big celebration for everyone to be a part of it, especially right here in Cleveland, right in the Guardians backyard.
Speaker 2: So maybe along those lines, and maybe you're doing it right now, how much do you look as the season gets closer at the players in the system who might be coming a Lake County and then as you mentioned, the ones who may not start in Lake County but might be there at the end if you're going to win a title who could really help.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't spend a whole lot of time researching it ahead of time. You know, we spend a lot of time preparing for our fans and the business and making sure that we have everything ready for the players and the staff when they arrive here from Arizona, and then we get to know them when they're here. You know, generally, the coaches we have a long time history and we're very easy to work with, and as players get promoted in and out, it's really very turnkey. We love celebrating them when they get moved up and when guys get here from Lynchburg, we love to celebrate that they're here with us. And then, you know, as time goes, you know, as tug Boat was being highlighted for all of his strikeouts in the game, you know, we see that media too, and we start to talk to the player development team a little more so we can have an understanding of when they might be here, and so we're prepared. We're prepared to launch it in clubhouse but also to our fans.
Speaker 2: So a lot going on as the course of the season goes. And we're joined by Jen Yorco, the general manager for the Lake County Captains twenty nineteen, named general manager after starting her career there in two thousand and seven, and a couple of really good stories about that. Jen, you're a local kid who born and raised and went to high school in Painsville Lake Erie College and you get to work for the local team. What has that been like for you and maybe has been an advantage for you as you've grown in the organization.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what an honor.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: Not a lot of people get to work for their hometown team, especially at the minor league level, and so for me, I took an internship my senior year at Lake Erie College and it turned into a full time opportunity. And I have been really interested in the business of minor league baseball ever since and kind of grew into different departments along my tenure here. And when the opportunity in twenty nineteen in the fall presented itself to become general manager, I felt very ready and connected to gms in our league at the Midwest League level, and connected to a lot of people in Cleveland's runt office and on the player development side. So it was a pretty turnkey role for me to take over until COVID hit and the world kind of was upside down for a little bit, but we certainly came back stronger, adding to our facility capabilities and you know, doing a whole lot of improvements here at the ballpark, and so we were really excited to welcome back the team in twenty twenty one, and we've been growing ever since.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned some of the good things thereon and we've talked a lot about on the field. Your franchise has a reputation for pushing the envelope a little bit with your promotions and how do you know what's too far and what's still okay to try and see how it goes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we are a minor league baseball team and we pride ourselves on doing a lot of fun things in the community. We love to elevate our partners and our fans and their brand. So I think you're probably specifically talking about Root Ruter Rowe, which was a highlight and it was up for Promotion of the Year with m ILB this year, so we were really excited to launch that.
Speaker 5: Our partner loved it.
Speaker 6: We saw engagements on ESPN Sports Center and across the country, so it was great. We have a number of those that we really kind of like to showcase, and that one really just took off because of its uniqueness. How do we know if we're toweling the line. I think Major League Baseball they know us, and if we're toneling the Lineville, they for sure let us know.
Speaker 2: Ye and you are a female and a high ranking position with a minor league baseball club. How much responsibility do you feel toward younger kids, maybe they're in college now, maybe they're in high school who want to do what you do. How much does that come into play for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a good amount. I can remember being in elementary school and I was probably maybe around fourth grade, and everyone was talking about their careers and I had mentioned I wanted to work in baseball, and you know, I grew up going to a lot of games with my dad. He was a partial season ticket holder and so I was able to catch playoff games and a lot of things. And I really love that time that I spent with him, and I really, you know, love the game, the business of the game, the promotions, the outfield signs, and so minor league baseball was really a big fit for me. But when I was in fourth grade, my teacher had responded and said, there's not there's not jobs in sports for girls, or something along those lines. And so, you know, I had played on a boys, if you will baseball team. I have a twin brother, and so it was just a lot easier for us to play on the same team. And I was, you know, one of two girls that played in the league for those couple of years, and it was really pretty normal for me to get along with the boys. And you know, kind of very early on in my younger self. It was not different for me to be a part of something that maybe looks differently to other people. And I think over the past, you know, ten or fifteen years in my career, here I see more females applying for internships. When I was first in the game, we would get you know, very few, maybe one out of ten, you know, females applying for jobs. And now we're getting that a lot more. And it's my hope that baseball really continues to take off and build more opportunities or females see more opportunities for themselves in this game.
Speaker 2: Well, you have put a great culture and atmosphere in place at Lake County. I know twenty twenty four was a special season in so many ways. Jen Or, thanks a lot for come by and sharing with us some of the things that make the Lake County Captains tick.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for your support and for having me today. We're looking forward to the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 2: It's Jen Yorco, the general manager for the Lake County Captains. Thanks so much to her for her time earlier this week. Is again she's getting ready for a brand new season. It'll be here before they know it. But she'll make a trip out to Goodyear and be a part of the ring presentation ceremony for the Midwest League champion Lake County Captains before one of the games in spring training out in Goodyear. Stay with us when we come back. Dan Dickerson is standing by. He's the long time radio voice and now sometimes television voice as well for the Detroit Tigers, and he will give us a Tigers preview as best we can at this stage of the off season. With spring training right around the corner. We'll talk Central Division rivals, the Tigers and the Guardians with Dan Dickerson.
Speaker 3: Next. H Well, here we go.
Speaker 1: Cleveland, three ounces away from eliminating the Detroit Tigers in the American League Division Series. Depends straight three tall lock them.
Speaker 3: Up with a rare slider. Merely is out number one.
Speaker 1: Here's Riley Green one for three, a single, a walk, the pitch swing in a week chapter to first, Naylor gloves flips to class two. Down seven to three, Cleveland, ninth inning. Now the two to two delivery, a swing in a bouncing ball to Naylor at first, backs up long flip.
Speaker 3: To clause Bogger.
Speaker 1: And for the first time in eight years, Cleveland is headed to the American League Championship Series and this October to Remember will continue. Cleveland eliminates the Detroit Tigers today in Game five by a final score of seven to three.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Guardians Weekly. Joining us now the voice of the Detroit Tigers, Dan Dickerson on time radio voice, and we'll do some TV as well. And always great to see Dan during the season and great to catch up with him as we begin our look around the American League's Central Division, the Guardians' rivals for the coming season, and Dan before you get into the Tigers. It's great to talk about the division rivals, especially after last year when when in the Central my goodness, the level of play was ratcheted up a bunch and were playoff teams galore. And what a great year it was in the division.
Speaker 7: It really was, and that probably made me the happiest of all four teams with a winning record that was phenomenal and it caught the entire league, I'm sure by surprise, and all the more impressive because you know, twenty four what fewer games in the division now, and that means that they did well outside the division, didn't just beat up on the White Sox, but you know, they showed that the Central is going to be a force. I mean, what Kansas City did to me was the most impressive. You know, Tigers in Cleveland going from below five hundred to above five hundred certainly was impressive, but what Kansas City did was just phenomenal.
Speaker 5: And that kind of.
Speaker 7: Gets me excited just because it means this division is going to be really competitive, I would think for some years to come around the league.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm going to disagree with you because I think what the Tigers did not necessarily from the start of the season. But we were there in Detroit a series at the end of July, just as the trade deadline was approaching, and I can remember sitting in the media room listening to AJ Hinch talk about why they were not going to throw Jack Flaherty even though he was still with the club, but they pulled him from the start. They were well below five hundred going nowhere, and then we're playing each other in the postseason.
Speaker 7: What happened to off You see a team sell and then still ten days later, there was no obvious solution to the pitching.
Speaker 5: Problem at that point, meaning there.
Speaker 7: Were literally as you know, two starters scoobl and Montero, a rookie, and then three question marks, and so ten days later their eight games below five hundred, and then they things just came together so incredibly. I mean, it's one of the most amazing runs to finish the season I've seen, not just for the Tigers, but I was trying to find a comp in baseball history to go thirty one and eleven when you're fifty five and sixty three on August tenth and do it with two starting pitchers. So they come up with this Kakammy scheme to use everybody in every role, and they call it pitching chaos. And Scott Harris and AJ came up with this idea and it worked unbelievably well. And I think the thing that was really fun get thirteen rookies on the roster in September on this thirty one to eleven round, and it's just like they just played kind of care free, not care free, but aggressive. Joey Korra, the third base coach, challengeing was like, guys, we're gonna go We're more athletic, we're younger, let's go first to third. Let's force these teams into making mistakes, and it just seemed like every day it was a good brand of baseball. We saw a big defensive play or two or three that led to a one run win. They went first to third like a fifty percent clip in August, and it really was kind of their defining feature. They didn't have a great offense, but it was good enough. But it was the pitching that led the way. And it was something to see.
Speaker 2: From your perspective. When did it become more than just a good week and really turn into something real?
Speaker 3: And why.
Speaker 7: I think of, you know, they get back to the five hundred mark, it's like there were the five of the final. To me, you had to be above five hundred within I don't know five That was kind of my thinking. And they did that in early September. Then there was a series in KC. They did not match up well against Kansas City and they swept that series, and that to me was huge in September that that kind of made it all right, there's something good going on. And then they went to Baltimore took two out of three, getting out of a bases loaded, none out jam in the bottom of the ninth in the taigh game. To win the extras and you're just like, well, there's something going on here. And again it took some crazy place to get out of that jam, but it's just like every day something was going on that just you know, a brand Herder stepping up, a Sean Gunther, a journeyman stepping up, and you know it's like twenty three innings, but it was really key and bow Brisky and Tyler Holden of course. So it just I think that Kansas City Series was when I go back to that's when we're like, oh, there's something going on here. You sweep the Royals in case the way they were playing that was pretty That was special.
Speaker 2: Dan Dickerson joining US radio voice longtime radio voice for the Detroit Tigers and Dan, the playoff series between the Tigers and the Guardians really was, you know, of the two playoff series, Cleveland was fortunate enough to be in. I mean it was edge of your seed, excitement, fun and I know, obviously if you want the team he broadcasts for to win, but I'm what your thoughts on that series just from an entertainment and what you hope for in a postseason series and baseball standpoint, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was. It was just so fun. Bolt ballparks are just jumping.
Speaker 7: In a live and you know, Carpenter hitting that home run out of closse a to get the series back to Detroit. It won one, and then Tiger's taking the two to one lead. They've got a lead going to last one. Seven outs of game four. Uh, and then the big home run.
Speaker 5: They gets the lead.
Speaker 7: Away off bow Brisk You've been so good, but just yeah, the back and forth, the energy, I just it was just so important for.
Speaker 5: A team that had maybe what one guy who to.
Speaker 7: Experience a postseason, to experience a postseason see what this is like. See you know, you win a series in the Wild Card Series on the road in Houston and that was not a small thing, and you're seven outs away from going on to the ALCS. You don't get there. But that's the kind of thing that I think fuels the off season work. And Scott Harris, the President of Baseball Operations, has made it very clear, you know, yeah, we're going to add, but the improvement has to come most from within because of the new way they look at the off season.
Speaker 5: It's a way to get better, not just stay in shape and be ready for spring training. You have to get better in the off season, and that.
Speaker 7: Certainly gets held that motivation that day to day. When you've been in the postseason, you know what it's like and as Aja said, once you've chased it, you don't ever want to miss it again.
Speaker 2: And you look at it from that standpoint. Two of the recent seasons for Cleveland, they've had surprising to a lot of people success twenty two and then last year based on expectations from the outside heading into the season, and you want to build on that, and they struggle to do that in twenty twenty three when a lot of people thought young team, they'll just take that next step.
Speaker 3: Is there some of that?
Speaker 2: Not concerned but awareness of that certainly going into the off season for the Tigers now based on what they did last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Scott Harrison made the point, you know, will there be regression? The answer is likely yes for some of these guys.
Speaker 7: And do his counter that by you know, kind of in different ways, by a making sure that these guys have a better off season of workout, development, strength and conditioning plan, you know, b By adding some talent from outside the organization and hoping that you know, the guys who might slip back a notch can.
Speaker 5: Be offset by the guys who are going to take it up a notch. He's very aware of that.
Speaker 7: I mean that as he said, that's the likelihood that with this really young rosters, some guys are going to slip back. Okay, then who can step up? And that's where you look at a Cole Keith who had a solid rookie season. But they believe there's a whole lot more in there, and I think they're right. You know, a Jay Young, Tray Sweeney. What do we know about Tray Sweeney? I think he can handle shortstop, but can he hit enough to hold down the mostly everyday shortstop position. So those are the kinds of things they look at. But I think that when you head into the offseason with that mindset, there's going to be regression.
Speaker 5: How do we offset that? That to me, you know, helps going into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: You mentioned the pitching chaos that got you to the postseason, and you can't do that for one sixty two six months.
Speaker 5: You just don't.
Speaker 2: So improvement in starting pitching. What are you seeing there from from outside and then also from the inside.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's they've got some depth but you've got kind of concerns. You've got scooball. To me, it's like scooball Olsen. They signed Alex Cobb, who you guys know, which the solid signing. You've got Jackson Joe, the rookie likely in the rotation. I got Casey is probably is the number five starter, and then you got you.
Speaker 5: Know, Monte.
Speaker 7: You can't ignore what he did, but he was kind of up and down, and then you know, the list goes down to brand Herder and Kenseomai Aida and Sawyer Gibson Long.
Speaker 5: So when you look at that top five, you have to immediately.
Speaker 7: Think, well, Resultsen had an injury, Alex Cobb obviously injuries shortened seasons, is sixteen innings, Jackson Joe is going to probably be on a pitch for an innings limit. That's three of your five guys, and so it feels like they still might add another starter or because they feel like they have the depth, they know they can cover the innings. So I would say that I'm pretty happy with how that top five looks, because I do think Casey MYI is a former one one. He increases velocity, he was a better pitcher in terms of stuff, and now he just has to kind of figure out how to use it, right, He has to develop that splitter, get it to the point where it's a swing and miss weapon and.
Speaker 5: Stuff like that.
Speaker 7: So so those are the kinds of things you think about with the rotation. I don't think they're going to add anybody, But to me, it's kind of like it looks good on paper, but the innings and the injury history with some doesn't worry me just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Aj Hinch one of the top managers in the game, a lot of great accomplishments. Last year his best work, you think based on everything that happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do. I do, And I think every year he could be manager of the Year no matter what the one lost record is, just.
Speaker 7: Because of how he he runs a team and how out and how he helps players develop.
Speaker 5: And he's just got a touch, right.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just it's the knowledge of the game and always always always recognizing it's it's played by people and human beings and you know, and it just that leads to the day to day and he gets them to buy into the message of we can only talk about today's game because that's the only one on the schedule today.
Speaker 5: And the more that these and he talks about.
Speaker 7: This all the time with young players especially. One of the biggest things I have to do is learn a routine. You know, you hope you learn in the minor leagues, but it's going to be different at the major league level. And learn that routine. What does it look like to prepare to win one game? And he makes fun of himself, He's like, I know, it's coach speak, and yet all the things that leads to are kind of what we saw down the stretch last year. So anyway, I just think the world of him. I think he's he's got to touch. It's the mental side of the game. It's understanding where the weaknesses are, how do you improve.
Speaker 5: He's got a staff that can help guys, and he's just he does a.
Speaker 7: Terrific job every year, and this year give him the pitching and no obvious solutions after the train to flirty and they had a two seventy era the last fifty games.
Speaker 5: With this crazy plan.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 5: It was pretty masterful.
Speaker 7: A lot of the credit goes to, you know, the players and the staff as well, but it is kind of led by by.
Speaker 2: AJ and that leads to an offseason. I'm sure of great expectations in a very good baseball city. We've always said that about Detroit, but they've struggled one loss record in recent seasons prior to last year, and it just seemed like the fans, the fans were struggling to buy in. But what's that excitement level been around a city that's really going through a great sports renaissance right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it was great that, you know, you don't milnd the fans for kind of staying away and not really getting on board until the end, and it's like, well, we hadn't really given them a.
Speaker 5: Whole lot too.
Speaker 7: Reasons to come to the ballpark, and then toward the end they're like, oh, yeah, we got that's something going on here. The best part was that the players got to see, yeah, this is a baseball town. Of course, it's a football town with how the lines have been playing, but this is a baseball town. And I remember talking to Parker Meadows Spencer Torkelsen right as they were leading under that clinching game the final Friday of the regular season. Tork was like, yeah, I had to, I said, you know, just looking around at a full stadium. I had like get snap myself back into Hey, hey, pitch is about to be the liver. They said it was Parker Metals out in the center field. He's like, I'm just looking around, going this is unbelievable. So you could tell it impacted the players. They loved seeing it, and I think because of the way they finished, you know, I think it's going to be bigger crowds right from the start this year, and that means the world.
Speaker 8: And I just you know, you know how it is the crowds start coming out and the energy in the ballpark. I love going to the ballpark every day, but when those crowds start building, it just become so much more fun.
Speaker 5: Than the players.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, the games between the Tigers and the Guardians have always been fun, regardless of how each team's doing. And boy, they didn't get any better than that division series a year ago, and I imagine the season series this year is going to be special.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 7: Cleveland and Detroit are good at the same time because really it hasn't taken place many times in their long, long histories, right, and to.
Speaker 5: Me, it's such a If they're both good, that's that's great for both cities. It's good for baseball to have that rivalry going in. Yeah, this is gonna be a good one, no question.
Speaker 2: Well, Dan, I appreciate you working us in. How are the dogs doing on their walk?
Speaker 5: Dogs are doing great.
Speaker 7: There's a beautiful chili morning, but the sun is shining and they're enjoying every bit of this walk.
Speaker 2: Well, you enjoy your time down in Lakeland, Florida for spring training, and we will see you at that first meeting of the regular season.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much.
Speaker 5: As always, all right, Rosie, always great talking with it.
Speaker 2: That's Dan Dickerson, long time broadcaster for the Detroit Tigers. Stay with us, We'll have more to come after this.
Speaker 9: Drivers to switch and save with Progressive could save hundreds. With that kind of money, you could go big time. The next time you're out to dinner with friends, you can order the shrimp cocktail for the table and maybe you'll realize it only comes with four shrimp after you've already given away three. But that one shrimp will be so good. And if you switch and save hundreds, you could get shrimp all the time. Switch to Progressive and you could save big time for shrimp. Progressive Casual Tea turns company in affiliates not available in all states. Potential seatings will vary.
Speaker 3: From back.
Speaker 2: It's our final segment of Guardian Weekly. Jim Rosenhouse along with you as we continue with our Hot Stove shows, and again you can hear our show each week on these Cleveland Clinic Guardians Radio Network stations, the flagship WTAM in Cleveland eleven hundred seven am Saturday morning, also same time in Mansfield on WMAM and in Marion on WMRN. And on Saturday you can hear the show in Youngstown at eleven am on WKBN. Again that's in Youngstown, and of course, shortly after it airs, it is turned into a podcast and you can listen to it whenever you want. Just download it at the spot where you always download your favorite podcasts. We're coming up on the season. It's getting here quick. We'll be headed out to spring training in time for the first broadcast, and we'll have some shows for you from Goodyear in the not too distant future. But another Hot Stove show coming your way next week. Will meet the new farm director for the Cleveland Guardians, Stephen Oster, among other things on next week's show. Until then, thanks to Brian Motsey as always, great job putting together the show each week by Motts. This is Jim Rosenhause reminding you that you've been listening to Guardians Weekly on the Cleveland Clinic Guardians Radio Network.
Speaker 1: Guardians Weekly has it been brought to you by Progressive helping Guardians fans save hundreds on car insurance