Speaker 1: How about now there we go. This is what happens, and this is Opening Kickoff. Thank you, Ricky. By the way, this is what happens when you have when your computer allegedly nothing like the first three minutes of the show, just completely going. All right, So anyway, this is what happens when you have a computer. Well, yeah, better be good now, Okay, so I tell you what, here's what I'm gonna do since you heard me, and I'm just gonna go ahead. I'm gonna go ahead and do this just as like a Friday's being Friday already. So we're gonna do this all right now. Okay, so here's the deal. Opening Kickoff brought to us buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and kick cofcoffeeco dot com. It's already been one of those mornings. So there's your QR code for those of you who are watching us. However you're watching us, whether it is on the two hundred and eighty character app on Twitch or on our YouTube channel. Yeah, it is a restart, Ricky, because and this is opening Kickoff. And here's why. I don't know how many of you get to experience this as much as I do. But the computer decides whenever it decides it wants to update. And when it updated overnight and didn't tell me that it was gonna you know, I didn't get any kind of an email or anything saying that, hey, you know, we're going to update, and it didn't. It didn't tell me that, and so it updated, and so literally it basically re screwed up everything, and so now I had to and apparently I'm doing this on the fly this morning, where I'm checking audio inputs and outputs, computer inputs and outputs, video inputs and outputs, passwords. So basically the computer here that helps allegedly me here in Office HD, decided it was going to update and basically messed up everything. And so now I'm having to troubleshoot live on the air because I'm not necessarily thinking that, oh, by the way, I've updated all of the passwords and I've blown out all the cookies and all of these things need to be updated. So you have to backtrack and yeah, you've got to recheck all your connections. I don't get that notification from the computer here in Office HD. So that's the kind of morning it is. I've basically had to reset passwords. I've had to apparently find out that there's no audio coming out for the first two minutes of the show, and then figure out what the hell's going on, because it had happened once before, and I found out what it was when we were troubleshooting. Remember the Nixonian gap that we had like a week or two ago, something like that happened, and so anyway, all right, so let me restart and let you know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got a lot of news.
Speaker 1: We'll get into news leading into hopefully our friends from Beyond Goals entering if they can join us at nine thirty, because I know that Greg and Kap are two of the busiest men of the planet, and we will see, if you know, if Vegan come and join us, and we'll see what's going on with them at nine to thirty ten o'clock as we can whip run patent pending trademark coming center hopefully rather than later, and then we'll that's all the weekend preview stuff, and we'll get into all of that, and we get to catch up with folks that we didn't get to catch up with earlier in the week because I had to do stuff on Wednesday that didn't have anything to do with SDH, and so it's whoever wants to hop in the pile that we didn't have as a.
Speaker 2: Guest because of Wednesday being Wednesday.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's our number two, getting you ready for the weekend Major League Soccer, Landy and I and all that kind of stuff. I have the anticipation that we're going long, but that's just me. Later today, if you've missed it, you're gonna have the programming that we traditionally have on Fridays, the USL Championship League One, MLS Next Pro Review preview stuff that's going to be on later today. Yesterday, I hope that you were able to join us an hour number one where we caught up with Scott Well's the head coach at Gardner Webb and Taylor Morton, the head coach at LEZ McCrae on the men's side. Those conversations about Helene recovery and how everyone is from their perspectives in their circles. That's on the network later yesterday afternoon, which is kind of a present past part of simple usage. But anyway, late yesterday afternoon, caught up with Greg Munn, the DSO and the head men's coach at Mars Hill. That conversation in video form is already up. That is up on the YouTube and on Facebook page at SDH. The audio version is going to be put up later this afternoon on the app and on social media and all that kind of stuff, So you get to find out the Mars Hill perspective of things. Also, we have a conversation with our friends from poltro SEFC, Christopher Uranga and the leading.
Speaker 2: Score for them.
Speaker 1: We get to hang out with them and find out what's going on with Mark Bino, who scored eight goals so far this season for them. With their three to one and one starting a very very tough division in the premiere side. On the upsl SO poltrosays a big matchup this weekend. After this weekend they get five of the next six at home at Marietta High School. So potro SEFC conversation coming up later today. Mars Hill audio coming up later today. Mars Hill video already up. Video and audio from yesterday's conversations with Scott Wells at Gardner Webb and Taylor Morton from Lees McCrae already up. We're going to continue to have these conversations with these coaches, with these individuals, and as things are going, we'll kind of get updates and see what they need and all these kinds of things and put out the siren call.
Speaker 2: Next week.
Speaker 1: I'm looking to expand that to the high school ranks because of soccer being in session and there's some folks as we've discussed that that swath that Helene cut through the swamp in Georgia, Southeast Georgia into the Carolinas, up and out the Carolinas. The high school ranks, we got to catch up with them too, because while it is American football season, it's a little it's you know, obviously it's a deeper conversation than that.
Speaker 2: So we'll start catching up with folks on the high school side.
Speaker 1: Jeff Davis is a school that I know through the American football side of things got hit really hard the town of Hazelhurst. Will start there and work our way up the path and we'll catch up with friends at Georgian and we'll have those conversations either live on the air or as soccer's in session, catchups as we go.
Speaker 2: So there's all of that.
Speaker 1: So conversation with potros all of our weekly stuff, Mars Hill audio coming up, and all of the different things that are there. So that is what I think is what's going on this morning after having live trouble Shot live, Trouble Shot, Troubleshot live. Man, I'm speaking English very goodly this morning.
Speaker 2: So all of that.
Speaker 1: Oh No, Alex, POTROSEFC in the UPSL has Marietta High School as their home field this season, and I don't know if it's north Cut or if it's the actual campus. So POTROFC in the UPSL, in the Premier Georgia Division, that's where their home is. After this week they have five of their next six they're at Marietta High School. Like I said, I don't know if that means north Cut or if that means the high school high school, the new high school a couple of years old, but it's still the new high school anyway. So POTROSEFC, so yes, actual campus, Thank you Havy. So you've got that going on. So Rundown today is news. All the other things we'll see if our friends from Beyond Goals Menering can join us ten o'clock weekend whip around getting you ready for the weekend. And I have a distinct impression. We're going past eleven oh five. But that's nothing really new, is it? So all right? So morning everybody? Now that now every started unbelievable. Yeah, Ricky got no sleep last night. I don't think any of us did, considering that Kirko chains through for five spins and four scores and last night it you know, in fantasy football, the American kind, I'm really I'm not very good at least in judging depth and rookies and things like that. A couple of years ago, I won our league and I've stunk ever since. And I had Darnell Mooney last night, but my opponent this week had Dre London. And so basically for me with the substandard roster, I'm trying to make sure that I don't lose ground coming out of the blocks, and so Mooney versus London last night, for me, I didn't lose a whole lot of ground. I think I was like one point nine points behind or something like that. So yeah, So morning, Alex, morning Abby uh And so Abby says, got a notification that twitch is increasing by two dollars a month, and so Potro says, two eighty ASL teams and so Abby mentions that Sun plays against him in ADASL. So but yeah, Potrose in the UPSL in the premiere side and the Georgia division had a lot of heavyweights going at it and we caught up. Like I said, Christopher Runanga and Mark Pino, that conversation is going to be up later today on audio and video. Okay, uh yeah, the Ricky We talked about this a little bit yesterday.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: The breaking news is just stunning everybody that the Miami CLEB World Cup rubbing the wrong way totally expected as much in FIFA as a justifiable reason with the sh Yeah sure, but I mean we knew and we've been talking about this for a long time that Team thirty two, however you wanted to phrase it, if it wasn't going to be messy and friends and something something right, because you've got to draw eyeballs in when you don't have a TV partner yet, when you don't have international TV partners, when you have everything that is out in the ether when it comes to this competition, teams wondering what the payout is, where the payouts coming from, where your TV partners are, what the broadcast plans are, and there are more questions and answers if you don't try and attract the and I mean, I'm serious, you know, thinking about this like you know, you have to think about this like a like a television program.
Speaker 2: And we talked about this before.
Speaker 1: Legitimately, if there is a team that makes a like let's say there's a team that makes a run out of laye eight. I mean, Seattle's in because of what they've done in Conker caff in years past. Somebody makes a run out of lane eight, somebody, you know, let's let's see who who's north of the playoff bar out west So Colorado say so Colorado? Say say if Chris Armis and Colorado make a run and they were to win MLS Cup, Vancouver Vanny Sartini or whomever is not the can shamp so let's let's stick with Let's stick with let'st so maybe the Loons. How about that somebody who's a seven or eight or maybe a nine if they were to if that particular club was to get on an absolute heater of heaters win MLS Cup. If you are the club World Cup and you're looking for team thirty two, the wild card for the host, I mean seriously, who are you picking. It's a no brainer that you're picking Messian Friends over that other team as Team thirty two as your wild card. You absolutely are, You absolutely are, because it's a television show, and what draws eyes to television shows, what gives you ratings, star power gives you ratings, and inasmuch as Georgie Mihailovich and with what Chris Armas is doing in this example, would be something that, you know, great for Colorado had they if they win MLS Cup and they you know, hey, you know we wont MLS Cup. We need to be Team thirty two Colorado Rapids Messian Friends. It's a no brainer, no brainer that you have something like that go down. No brainer. And so I get it, even with all of the questions that are there currently in the in the in the hemisphere, when it to that particular I mean, yeah, I mean legitimate, oh ooh, we got we actually the first bot we've had in a long time, so extensive enterprise. You are a bot, So we need to like eliminate them or report them, and they're offline. You know, that's just not very nice. You know, they they they want to sit there and you know, hey, we're a we're we're.
Speaker 2: Interesting, go ahead and report them. That was the other thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, I had to reset passwords to everything this morning because I can't remember what the passwords are and then you try to log in with an old password that it says, no, that's not your password, and I'm like, the hell it's not and they have to go back through and reset everything.
Speaker 2: So that was a pain.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I mean literally Georgia Mahalovich, Messi, Messi and friends, and there's Louis Suarez news also about Bielsa and interactions there that would probably will get into this morning. There's news out of the NWSL, and it's heavy and it's stuff that we got to get into, obviously with the NWSL involving Angel City one and involving Rory Daines. So there's headlines there that we've got to get into. And let's see. So there's that. Where are my notes? Oh, there's my notes? Okay, Like I said, this is where we are this morning. So the other thing I'll get into Luis Suarez. Now, since we're discussing Messi and Friends in the Gulf Stream Galacticos, I do want to talk about the firecracker heard round the hemisphere. Because we finally do have a solution. We have a name attached to it. Lizziebescherano at the four letter, very very early this morning, Luis Suarez exposed to what do you called problematic working conditions imposed by Marcelo Bielsa during the twenty twenty four Copo America, before urging fans not to blame players. Quote if something goes wrong moving forward. Bielsa joined May fifteen, twenty twenty three. Immediately the impacted the way national team functions, according to Suarez, at the Celeste Complex quote, employees are not allowed to come in and greet us and eat with us, he said on the direct TV show to Football Say Abla Assi quote. They have to be careful even at the door they have to enter. It breaks my heart that this is how life is in the complex today. Matias Vesina was first to see it coming. Nobody questions the fact that a guy like Messino, who is thirty years old, left from one day to the next. SaaS wanted to provide insight into the impact Biels's leadership had during the Copa, detailing the lack of communication between the coaching staff and players. Quote, there were situations at the COPA that hurt me, but I didn't say them for the sake of coexistence. Many players held a meeting to ask the coach to at least say good morning to us, but he didn't even say hello. And quote a decent run before finishing third, beating Canada and penalties.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 1: Bielsa gives a conference and talks wonderful things about people, and in New York there was a day when he asked us not to stop to greet people, and I stood up and told him that we were going to greet people anyway, he said. Sares has since retired, playing his final match September six. Sare said I had a five minute chat with Beelsa, speaking as a group leader, and at the end he only replied, thank you very much. Focus now shifts to the twenty six World Cup loss unless they sit in third in the Combo Ball rankings. Suarez signaled for caution. Quote tomorrow, I ask people not to take it out on the players if something goes wrong. Bielsa has separated the whole group, even in the way they train. Utuguay returns to action October eleven. It's Perude next Round of World Cup qualifiers. So there's there's that, and so that came out this morning. Yeah, Alex literally man nicknames a loco. Not sure what else people expect. That is true, circle gets the square. We also have news at Anissa this morning and that might also be kind of opening kickoffish the firecracker heard around the hemisphere, we finally have a name attached to it, Adriana Garcia. Very early this morning before we came on the air. Shievas midfielder Roberto Alvarado has apologized to journalists after throwing a firecracker that exploded in the media room had a Thursday's pre match news conference. Journalists waiting at the Lega MX's club's Verde Valler headquarters for the news conference to start ahead of Saturday's Classico Tapatio against Atlas were left stunned and then angry. The firecracker had been thrown from the nearby locker room. The club's press officer, along with the Chiebas defender Antonio Brissagno, apologized to the media president, yet the journalists insisted that the perpetrator come out to apologize. Alvarado did come out and claim it was an accident. Claying that he had no intention of hurting anyone. No one was injured at the news conference. No one was injured, but the news conference did not take place since all the media boycotted it. So all right, so let me get this straight. So Roberto Lvarado Morning four card Roberto Lvarado decides that he thinks a throwing a firecracker into a press conference in a press room, that's that's a cool thing. But he says it had been been it was done by accident. Alvarado came out claimed it was an accident and had no intention of hurting anyone. When you take a lighted firecracker, all right, so let's walk through this process, shall we. You have a lighted firecracker or you have a firecracker. Let's just let's walk through this for a second. So you have a firecracker in your hand, and you sit there and you think, you know, I think I should do something.
Speaker 2: With this firecracker. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's a room of assembled people next to where I am, and I have an access point. If I were to open a door, it's like door opens. Oh, firecracker, you light the firecracker. There's only a certain amount of time where you really can make an informed decision in your own brain.
Speaker 2: Of what to do with said firecracker in that timeframe.
Speaker 1: So yeah, literally, as Widespread Panics said with their live album titled The Light Fuse Back Away. So Roberto Alvarado decides, apparently possibly probably okay, firecracker, unlighted door, other side of door, press room, lights firecracker. I have X number of seconds to decide what to do. Oh open door, jettison firecracker into room with assembol journalists. So I mean, obviously the choice is one of two things. When the firecracker goes from unlighted to lighted and the fuse is going and you're hearing the you only have a certain amount of seconds to sit there and figure out.
Speaker 3: What to do.
Speaker 1: You're not going to keep that firecracker, throw it up into the air and have it go on off in the player's locker room, I don't think. I mean, unless you just want to sit there and this will be funny, you throw it up in the air or something. But you make a conscious decision apparently to throw a lighted firecracker into an adjoining room where a door has to be opened, and you take the firecracker choice.
Speaker 2: I mean literally, the choice is one of two things.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, but you know four card yeah, four card members in twenty twenty when I wanted to bring fireworks into the Benz. Actually the Benz has their own fireworks now that they launch from a pie and send down low. But I mean, if you think about this process, and I'm trying to just work through in my head what Roberto Alvarado is processing here, I'm trying to follow his logic. But if you light a firecracker and you have X number of seconds to figure out what to do, either keep it in your room or put it in another room and in the other room just happened to be assembled journalists getting ready for a press conference for a Darby. Oh, but you have to make a conscious decision literally to open a door throw the firecracker into the other room before it goes off, so it doesn't go off in your dressing room or assembled area. I do not know the layout of the Achievas training facility, so Alvarado makes a conscious decision to go you know, I'm gonna do it this way. I'm gonna go ahead and either open the door myself or have someone open the door and I throw the firecracker into that room. Alvarado comes out claimed it was an accident, had no intention of hurting anyone. So it was an accident that you consciously or unconsciously. Let's just say it was an accident that a firecracker that was unlighted became lighted. Then to compound the accident to open an adjoining door to a press conference room that I imagine was fairly filled. And like I said, I don't know what the firecracker was. It might have been just one of those you know, you know pop deals. You sit there and you throw it in it goes h. I mean, I don't think it was like an M eighty or anything, but you know, just like something that we get when it was illegal to get them across the border. You sit there and you get like by buy one, get four free. You know, you like the you know, you go, you go across the border, and the day's previous to us all being adults. You go to like Tennessee and you go across the border. You got Alabama across the border to like Lynette or Valley. You get all that group of fireworks and you're you're all happy, that you just smuggled it back into the State of Georgia for July fourth, and you like the thing, but taking a fire taking a firework fire cracker and sitting there and going Okay, Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and open have someone open a door, and I'm gonna throw I have that firecracker thrown into the press conference room, and we'll ask our guests coming up here in a second if he's ever had to experience firecrackers being lobbed into a room. Oh, I see, I see the I see the inquisitive eyebrow rays from our mogul And training. So he'll be with us here in just a second. So I'm gonna go ahead and run our special intro. We're gonna find out about Rhode Island s CE, We're gonna find out about the mogul And training. We're gonna find out about fireworks being lobbed into other rooms because it's time for the Friday free kick.
Speaker 2: You know what that means.
Speaker 1: It's time for our buddy Michael Parker is to find out what's going on with our friends at Beyond Goals Minnering and maybe.
Speaker 2: Lighted firecrackers too. Here's the special intro.
Speaker 4: Hi Cap Morning John.
Speaker 2: So I was.
Speaker 1: Explaining in something of an opening kickoff kind of a sense, did you hear the story about the firecracker lobbed into the press conference room in Lega MX.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 1: So basically it is as a Chieva Squadalajara midfielder Roberto Alvarado has apologized to journalists, and I imagine that there are times when I'm sure that players would sit there and they'd love to do something like this. I mean a lot of a firecracker into a press conference room and see the journalist scatter. That's the most that's the most vert I've seen from that beat writer in years. So Alvarado apologized to journalists after throwing a firecracker that exploded in the media room ahead of Thursday's pre match news conference. So it's a darby presser, so I would image that there's maybe more than one or two journalists in said press conference room. Roberto Alvarado decides from the neighboring locker room to light a firecracker. Like I said, all this stuff is apparently like logic that's rolling through dude's head. So he goes from having an unlighted firecracker in his possession to a lighted firecracker in his possession, and like I said, I'm trying to walk through this process, and so Alvarado apparently thought that, oh, lighted firecracker.
Speaker 2: I have two choices.
Speaker 1: I can keep it here in the locker room, or I can have someone open a door, which just happens to be the to the adjoining press conference area, take said lighted firecracker, throw the firecracker into the press conference room, and have the firecracker go off with you know, journalists there. The press officer and one of the defenders apologize to the media, but the media was like, nah, fam, that's not going to work.
Speaker 2: We need the dude that did it.
Speaker 1: And so uh the So Alvarado goes in, he comes out of the out of the dressing room, and he claims it was an accident and that he had no intention of hurting anyone. As I sit here and wander through conscious decisions of it was an accident. So you go from unlighted firecracker, too lighted firecracker, and lighted firecracker. Oh, I've got to do something with this door. Open firecracker through door, closed door, firecracker, go boom.
Speaker 2: It was an accident beat two, three four. The media were so pissed.
Speaker 1: No one was injured, but the presser didn't take place because all the media were like, no, we're boycotting this thing.
Speaker 2: We're out.
Speaker 1: Have you ever, sir in this in this go round of Have I ever have I? Have you ever been with a team either named or unnamed? I don't know statute limitations can apply here. Have you ever had a teammate that had that kind of a mischievous trouble streak attached to them where they thought that something would be funny something like that? Have you ever been with a teammate that had that kind of mischievous trouble streak attached to them? Like I said, you can name names if you want. You don't name names if you don't want to, but you can either just say yes or no and maybe give an incident.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I played with some crazy teammates.
Speaker 2: How crazy were They.
Speaker 5: Never did anything to the media or anything, but like I, I had a goalie teammate once Eastern European guy, and he showed up at one of our teammate's house. They got into it on the field and he showed up to his house later on the later on in the day with a baseball bat.
Speaker 3: Right, who.
Speaker 5: Tell them basically like he kill his whole family if he ever did anything like that on the field again, And wow, yeah, nut job. But I've never seen a firecracker even in a locker room before.
Speaker 4: I don't even understand how is it? Why is there even a locker room or a firecracker in the locker room? Craziness?
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just it's like, you, dude, made conscious decision A, and you carry it back one further You carry back one further step than I did.
Speaker 2: Literally, firecracker.
Speaker 1: I think carrying a firecracker into a locker room was a great IDEA firecracker unlighted in locker room. Oh, let's light it, you know. Oh what do we do with lighted firecracker? Oh there's a door. Oh by the way, there are mediate people on the other side of that door.
Speaker 2: So I just had I just had to I just had to ask.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Alex is like, that's less mischievous and more felonious when a bat is involved instead of a firecracker. I would agree that those more that it is more felonious when it's when a baseball bat is involved or just a Speaking of Bielsa, we talked about Luis Suarez and him saying that the environment with l Loco as they were getting ready for the Copa was less than cordial when it comes to this will be my opening point this this week, not that you would have had an L Loco as a coach, but when you talk to your mentees and when you talk to teammates X teammates and everything, when it comes to navigating coaches and those in positions of authority that have different personalities, how do you talk to your mentees about, well, yes, this one's a player's coach, Yes, this one's a hard a you know that that kind of thing. Do you talk to them about navigating all the different personalities and just understanding that, yes, some folks operate differently than others when it comes to trying to get messages across for sure.
Speaker 5: We just had a blog about it because it's something that's come up repeatedly, so we're like, all right, we need to write something about this because it's mostly what we're dealing with is how do you deal with a hard ass coach who his coaching style is to get after you and try and push you that way, but they also tend to be yellers on the field and yell at you when you make a mistake, And.
Speaker 4: Just how do you be confident, play freely.
Speaker 5: And get something out of it when you're playing for a coach like that, especially when you as an individual don't really respond well to that type of coaching because as we know, there's different ways to motivate people, and some are motivated by that tactic and others or not, and it should be a little bit more curated to the individual based on some things. But we know that that's not happening all the time with coaching. So yeah, it's challenging, and you know, we try and tell them that, you know, whether you've got a coach that you agree with how he does things or not, you're hoping that and.
Speaker 4: Unstill proved otherwise. You assume they have.
Speaker 5: Your best interests at heart and they're trying to get the best out of you and the best for the team, and they don't mean to do anything to make you play poorly. It's just their way of coaching. So how do you get the message and separate that from the tone and use the information to the best of your ability, and sometimes you're not even going to agree with the information, But how do you balance that with what you've learned in the past, But also you want to do what you have to do to stay on the field.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there is a tough balance for sure. I mean we had it with Tata.
Speaker 5: When we started with Tata, especially for the English speaking group, it was so different than anything they had ever experienced, and on and off the field, and there were times right the way that we were playing, you know, Jeff myself, you know Alec in the back before Brad got there, We're looking at each other like, man, this is crazy, Like we can't play like this. We're so exposed in the back, Like we have to do a little differently, right, And so you do small little things to balance how the coach wants to play and how you see it out there on the field. And obviously we were in a different position because we're out there performing and we're a little bit more veteran than some of.
Speaker 4: The other players.
Speaker 5: So it's challenging though, because yeah, there's a whole just like individual players, there's a whole host of different coaches on different levels, and the way that they institute what they want is so so different.
Speaker 1: How do you in a situation like that, how do you and Jeff and Alec and uh, you know, and everybody that's a veteran who's been through this kind of a ringer before, how do you? How do you listen? Then how do you implement the what might be you know, crazy just in general from your own observations, and then not let it get to you and kind of tweak it where it's like you're trying to juggle about nineteen different things.
Speaker 2: It's like you're you're.
Speaker 1: Paying attention to what he's saying, you get it, but then you put your own little twist on it and not make it look like you're being disrespectful, I guess is what I'm saying. It's like you you understand where he's going, but it's like, hey, if we do this, then it's just as impactful and not as crazy.
Speaker 2: Does that make any sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: A little bit for sure.
Speaker 5: And for us it was just what can we control a little bit? And so for us we were just like focused on especially counter attacks and defensive side of things, and so we were like, all right, well, attack wise, We're going to do what we do and it's fine, but okay, how can we be a.
Speaker 4: Little bit more stable defensively?
Speaker 5: Then maybe we're being set up for or how we see things, and and it's just.
Speaker 4: To get results, right. You want to win.
Speaker 5: And you want to play well and do well, and so it's our butts on the line out there. If we're giving up four goals, so we're gonna have We're going to do what we have to do to make sure that that's not happening.
Speaker 4: So yeah, just.
Speaker 5: Controlling little things about hey, telling Leandro not to go up for crosses when the right backs crossing the ball and he's playing left center back and you know, maybe having wing back on the other side hang out every now and then. They're just adjusting a little bit based off the opponent. But if the coach's tactics start working like they did with Tata, then you get more buy in, then you get more belief, then you get okay, I can see how this can work. And it takes a little bit of time, right, But if it's a huge change at the beginning, it's difficult for players that have played one way for a long time.
Speaker 4: To say, oh yeah, let's just go do this, It'll be.
Speaker 5: Fine, versus like, oh, shoot, let's see if it's going to be fine.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I don't think shoot was the word that you were using.
Speaker 1: But nevertheless, it's just I wonder about that adjustment period in trying to find the happy middle ground. It's like, we've been around the block. We know what you're saying, but we can also do this, do this, and do this. And because if you're a younger player and you're in a situation like that, you don't want to upset the apple cart. You want to say it's like yes or yes or yes sir, you know right at it, Reno, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: We're going to do it.
Speaker 1: And then's you're in lockstep and everything because you know it could affect your playing time. I mean, it's a it's a balance from the younger players that want to listen and learn and implement and the veterans that listen and learn and implement, but implement with a twist. So the message is still getting out there and the result is still the same. It just it might be a little different just because of the exposure and the experience that you guys had out there in the first place totally.
Speaker 5: And I think that as you as you become more of a veteran, and even even for youth players, as you play with a coach for more often or you get a little bit more experience. Right, there's a way that your coach wants you to play before the game starts, but then when the game starts until halftime, there's very little coaching that can change things on the field, right, And so players have to take the initiative to change things. If you're getting punched in the face, especially repeatedly, Right, you can't just assume, Okay, let's just keep doing it and it'll eventually work out.
Speaker 4: No, it won't. You need to adjust.
Speaker 5: And like for example, with Greg Burholtzer in Columbus or he wanted us to play out of the back all the time, every time. But there are certain situations where it was like, Okay, hey, guys, we're going to step up to midfield and have the goaliekicked it as far as he can, and we're going to kick the ball into the other half and we're going to go play over there for a few minutes and chill out, and then we'll get maybe and then maybe we'll get back to what we're doing here.
Speaker 4: But we need to we need to reset.
Speaker 5: And you know, same thing under Tata, like, yeah, I know that we want to play out of the back, but you know what, I'm going to kick this ball long for a little bit because I'm sick of us playing in our half of the field.
Speaker 4: And like little things like that where it's like, you.
Speaker 5: Know, you're not disregarding completely the game plan, but you're adapting because you see things on the field and you you are in it.
Speaker 1: I need to breather, I need to blow. I'm going to kick this long for a minute. It's just I'm going to go that way and I'm going to catch my breath for a second.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: General generationally, and this is something that you've been kind of alluding to here in our conversation this morning.
Speaker 2: Are are the younger players today?
Speaker 1: Is there bs meter lower than it was when you know, we were you know, learning the game. Do they sit there and you know, if somebody's yelling at me these days, I'm gonna be like, yeah, okay, whatever, great. You know you can yell at me all day long. I either feel like I know what's going on. I know what you're saying. You don't have to yell at me these kinds of things. How how different is the intake with your mentees than it would be with say, folks that are your age or slightly younger than you. Is is the intake different? Is the BS meter less? Do they is a BS meter higher or lower? What about mentees these days?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: You know, it's and like everything, it depends on the personality of the player, but it's you know, I think in general, younger players still listen to their coaches. The coaches have a huge influence, and you know, hopefully that's a good thing. There are definitely some individuals who, regardless of the coach, are going to go out there and do their own thing. But you know, I think that for the most part, they are listening to their coach and trying to implement what they from the sideline are saying. And that's why it can be challenging, right, especially if that coach is a yeller and yelling at you about mistakes, because then you get out there and you're afraid to make mistakes because you don't want to.
Speaker 3: Get yelled at.
Speaker 4: And so that's a tough way to play.
Speaker 5: And you'd think that coaches would see that and understand that, but for some reason they all don't.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I would think that that the ego of that coach plays into this too. It's like, well, I have this dossier of success in my brain and I've won you know, I've won this trophy. You know, I've won this miscongeniality trophy for finishing third in division, you know, you know, eighteen years ago, and so obviously what I do works. And I would think that ego plays into it, from the ego of the superior of the of the individual in Power's about to say superior sometimes they're not. But the coach on the sideline, the administrator on the sideline, because they have this history of success, it's like, well, yes, obviously it works. And then you'll have folks these days who might sit there and go, really that works. No, you know, It's just there are times I would think that adults, and we've had this talk too, where adults some kind sometimes just kind of need to dial it back and listen more instead of sitting there and just yelling and ranning and raving and poking fingers and going this is the way and let it be a two way street with you know, some just at least listening, even if the feedback isn't taken in. At least just take the effort to listen to what's coming back at you instead of just saying my way or the highway, because that doesn't work all the time.
Speaker 4: Rarely, rarely does it work. Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, fine, it's my way or you're not playing. But we get that. I mean, you get managers who are this way in different sports. It's like, you're going to do it my way or you ain't playing, and then you know, then you sit and it's just it. I would think that it would drive folks crazy. Where you see a better, a better pathway in that position, an individual in a position of power doesn't, and it affects everything and down it affects everything downstream, and it just it doesn't do anything that's better.
Speaker 5: And again, I don't think that most of these coaches are coming from a place of trying to be the little kids or be mean or anything, right, they're just usually.
Speaker 4: What I see is they're so competitive.
Speaker 5: And they've got the juices flowing and they can't help themselves, so they need to They need to figure out how they can channel their aggression and hype of the game into a better way. But yeah, no, I mean anytime, the best the best leaders are good listeners for sure, and it goes into parenting and leadership and coaching and everything, right, And it's one thing to listen and then you know, do what the kid wants. But it's another thing, you know, to just get their respect a little bit. Yeah, I hear you. I understand what you're saying. But here's why I think differently. Here's why I see it differently, you know. And I think if coaches explain that stuff sometimes it goes a little bit longer of the way. Okay, I understand now why we're doing something, rather than this is just what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dad, I think I should take the car out this weekend. Yeah, and yes, I hear you. I understand your point of view. The answer is still no. Exactly about another ten minutes or so with Michael parkerst Our mogul and training at m F Parkhurst on the two hundred and eighty character app and beyond goals entering where we go completely and totally sideways, because there'll be an entry point every single time that you and Greg come out with the Friday free kick and then it goes literally is like bumper cars every single time that you're on, And I will tell you each and every time that you come on for putting up with all of these right turns and all of this chaos that comes through my brain and comes out the other side. I cannot thank you and Greg enough for doing this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Rhode Island FC.
Speaker 1: Question from Bart Keeler, what are the chances of Rhode Island FC bidding to host a national team match after tidewater landing is complete? Our IFC is mentioned in the next episode of the Soccer for US podcast.
Speaker 4: Nice Unfortunately very low.
Speaker 5: What well, the men don't play on turf, and I don't think the women play on turf.
Speaker 4: I don't know that for sure, but I would highly doubt they do.
Speaker 5: And I don't think that our stadiums eyes it's a ten thousand, five hundred seat stadium. I don't know if the cost to bring in the grass over the turf and bring a team in and that type of stuff it would make sense for US. Uh So, unfortunately, probably pretty low, but we are definitely looking at other opportunities. We're going to fill that stadium as much as we can with different events and sports and opportunities and teams. So there'll be a lot going on other than Rhode Island NFC. Right ISLANDFC obviously is number one, but there will be a lot. I don't think that the national team, though, would would take us.
Speaker 2: Well, well, Bart's like, yeah, by a score.
Speaker 4: Of appreciated art.
Speaker 2: Well, then then don't let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: And this might be crossing the streams and drawing the ire of some nationalists folks, but do you have Jesse Marsh's phone number.
Speaker 2: In your in your rolodex?
Speaker 1: I use too, because you know, going from say Toronto and the sponsored stewardship that the tenured professorship that the Jesse Marsh has now with that that national team to the north of US, it's not it's not I mean shoot in in COVID. Toronto FC played in Hartford at Pratt and Whitney, so you know, playing playing in Connecticut is not something completely and totally foreign to Toronto FC. So maybe if you talk to the folks at the Maple Leaf, you know, hey, hey, Jesse, you want to have a friendly against Azerbaijan at Tidewater Landing, you.
Speaker 2: Know, something like that, saying yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: And we all did get our recent email to purchase season tickets for for Tidewater Landing. By the way, that that has made its way down here to the south. What's the what's since we're here, what's the latest on Tidewater Landing.
Speaker 2: Where are things coming along?
Speaker 5: Well, we are definitely happy that the port is backed up and running and so that will not delay anything.
Speaker 4: But we've got seats in the stadium, not all of them yet, but we do have seats in the stadium, so that's nice.
Speaker 5: And you know, I think that the yeah, the email campaign or the season ticket campaign has started and they've got this cool virtual thing where you can kind of see each section and what the stadium looks like or what will look like, and what your seat.
Speaker 4: The view and all that stuff. So yeah, that's exciting.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we're definitely obviously gearing up for twenty five while we're keeping a close eye on twenty four because yeah, playoff aspirations here.
Speaker 1: Why yes, you do, and considering where things currently stand, where the draws have turned into wins, and that reminds me I still need to catch up with with Thomas and media relations or perhaps the mogul and training and figure out how to get kind of on the show. Right now, you're a part of the chaos in the second Chase group in the Eastern Conference where it's like lou City and then everybody else and then Charleston is the right now in second eleven points to the Chase group, Detroit City at forty eight, Tampa Bay at forty six, Indy eleven ten wins or sorry, twelve wins, and a match in hand on somebody called Rhode Island FC, both at forty three points. You've won three your last five, and you have a point on Legion and you've got five on Louden. You have six below the playoff bar with Hartford Athletic and a ninth place and thirty seven points, So there is some there is a little bit of space right now for Rhode Island FC in the postseason. But it would be an opening round matchup, if I'm not mistaken, against l Rouge at Keyworth, and that's always a fun place to play because they're right on top of you and they throw things at you and there's smoke bombs and all these kinds of things. Maybe it's not a light at Firecracker, mind you, and it's also outdoors, but it is a rough place to play.
Speaker 5: It would the Perkers family wouldn't mind it because it's a nice little jive, but it wouldn't be the best venue for us to play. Uh, it's yeah, you're right. It is tough to play there.
Speaker 4: Some of these tur fields are aren't in the best condition.
Speaker 5: And they make it challenging right to Detroit's one of those, and yes, in Pittsburgh's one of them. So hey, but that's what makes it unique and that's what makes it fun and challenging.
Speaker 4: So we'll see.
Speaker 5: But we've got four games left. I think, if you know, I think if we get if we get three a out of four wins, we could sneak into the top four. But if we go to and two, I think that we'll be we'll finish in the top six.
Speaker 1: And I mean that would be very very cool U for for our resident part of the ownership group. And besides, you know, hey, we we know a playoff owner. Hey, we got we got him on speed dial. You know, we can have him come on on a Friday and talk about things. When it comes to the pressure of accomplishment since we're since we're talking playoffs, when it comes to your mentees and the pressure that's attached to doing well, and it's almost like the scene and Breakfast Club, you know, when they're in the library and emiliostev is his character Andrew is talking about all the pressure from the parents and everything. When it comes to pressure and succeeding and trying to do your best. What kind of feedback do you get from mentees about external pressure where they're just trying to do as best they can, enjoy what's going on and what happens happens, and if they succeed and continue to succeed more over time, that's great. But do they talk about external pressures with you with you and Greg a lot, and about how difficult it may or may not be to handle these kinds of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do, And yeah, I think a lot of it is when they're going through the college.
Speaker 5: Recruitment process and they know that they're scouts at games or if they're players that want to get to a new team, and they know that sometimes they're being watched, so you know, it's usually it goes along with aspirations to get to the next level.
Speaker 4: To take that next jump. That would be the biggest pressure.
Speaker 5: Induced for sure that we we've come across with our mentees there, and then there's other players that just feel pressure to play well. Because those players usually don't say why, but you know it's usually because they don't want to let the team down.
Speaker 4: They don't want to let coach.
Speaker 5: Down, They want to let mom and dad down, right, and they just want to win because they don't not because they don't see the value of losing.
Speaker 4: But you know, nobody wants to lose.
Speaker 1: Before you get out of here, what's going on with beyond goals entering these days?
Speaker 5: We've had two really crazy busy months, So that's it's been.
Speaker 4: It's been great. It's been really really good.
Speaker 5: And we're trying to get more content up there on the on the website with blogs and different topics that people come to us, just to try to spread more information. One of the things I'm working on, John is a book list for players but also coaches slash parents, So putting one together because a couple of people have asked me about that, so I was like, it's time for me to do some more work.
Speaker 2: Here do you do you do the blogging?
Speaker 1: I mean, do you do you formulate these kinds of thoughts or do you have guest bloggers or things like that.
Speaker 2: Do you do some of the blogging yourself?
Speaker 5: We do, Yeah, a lot of the lot of the stuff Greg and I come up with ourselves. We do have a marketing group that we just recently started working that they help us out with some of the blogs and some of the ideas, and then Greg and I will write down usually will write down either the whole blog or we'll write down like our main ideas and they'll spruce it up from there.
Speaker 1: Guys, I was going to say, when it comes to finding your voice, when it comes to writing, how how are you and finding your voice?
Speaker 4: I'm good. I've always enjoyed writing.
Speaker 5: I actually, very early in my career I did some guest writing for ESPN, but that was a long time ago.
Speaker 4: But I've always enjoyed writing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Then one more question before you get out of here, other than getting ready for Tampa Bay at Burn this weekend. A question from four Kard Do shield winners get championship rings.
Speaker 4: That I know of?
Speaker 5: Not that I know of, but I never did win the shield, so I don't know for sure.
Speaker 4: But I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean I might have to do with the comment that was put on your social media recently about stars on jerseys and winning shields and things like that.
Speaker 4: It's always a fun conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the Captain America Shield that means so much when it comes to the end of the season and who wins a trophy. Cap as always, thanks for dropping by. It's great to pick your brain. It's great to find out what's going on in all these different aspects of your life. And next time you drop in, it'll be a postseason time. We'll talk about postseasons, not making post seasons, what to do, how to improve all those kinds of things. Uh, and we'll just keep riding on rock and roll and love what you and Greg are doing. And thanks for putting up with my questions on a weekly basis.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me, John having every weekend you too.
Speaker 1: That's some guy named Michael Parker. He's a he's a mogul in training. By the way, it is ten o'clock and so it's after all, technically it's ten oh one. And so I'm gonna bring in Tyler since I was, you know, since Tyler, since I was like all of the four winds. On Wednesday, your traditional visit ended up going by the wayside. And so you have graciously after I commandeered you and hog tied you in the midweek Wednesday night to figure out, you know, can.
Speaker 2: You come on on Friday?
Speaker 1: And you're like, yes, sure, and so your Wednesday has turned into a Friday this week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I once again get to follow up from Michael Parker her So you know, not like big shoes or anything.
Speaker 1: Oh but I mean there's nothing wrong with bat and fifth, you know, if you're if you're, if if he's, if he's your cleanup hit.
Speaker 6: Her, then hey, I'm swinging for the fences. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's all good.
Speaker 1: So, uh, the same question for you, do shield winners get championship rings? Who cares? Four Card says it's a serving tray.
Speaker 2: It is. It literally is like the Captain America Shield, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Uh, Miami fans may never get to hold it because none of their supporters groups are members of the i C. I heard about that. Yeah, four supporters groups and none of them are part of the I s C. So that's uh that that got a big harumph from a lot of folks coming in this week, you and the folks that scarves and spikes. You guys have had a busy week. It's like you're on, you're off, you're on, it's a game day, You're on, you're off. You're all over the place this week. It's like I'm trying to really grind your voice into the ground with all these appearances and shows that you guys are having over at SNS. And I drag you in first thing on a Friday morning to see what's going on to kick off hour number two.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's the mug and what's in it?
Speaker 6: By the way, I was gonna say, that's actually what the coffee's for, you know, So mug, scarves and spikes smug.
Speaker 2: At a excellent plug, nicely done.
Speaker 6: So I don't know, I just you know, I normally don't drink coffee actually with sugar anymore. Like I stopped a while back, threw some sugar in here this morning, just just for that extra little kick, Okay, to help get me through the week.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I'm I'm down with opp I mean, I'm there and so I completely understand what's going on now that you've had a couple of days to kind of digest everything. What's been the what's been the vibe other than disappointment slash anger slash consternation from everybody that's been watching and listening and hanging out with you guys at sns AM. I pretty much there when it comes to all of the the emotional curves that are there for Atlanta United followers, fans, et cetera.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think folks are just disappointed. The locker room I think echoed that sentiment a lot, and it was just it was one of those things where you know you have hope until you can't anymore, and right now, I mean, yeah, mathematically there is still a possibility, but don't ask me to do the math, but I think it's down there below five percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I mean, hey, you sit there and you still go and until until you don't go, Then did you just keep trying to to plug away at it? Because pretty much every result ahead of you didn't hurt you. Short of the Montreal giving themselves some space in the eight, everybody else didn't do what they needed to do to solidify a space going forward here into either two or three or one match to go in the twenty twenty fourth season. Everybody helped you out when it came to doing all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think that's what's so frustrating is you just didn't help yourself out, right, like you're at home. I get that. It's Joseph, And I will say, like, if anybody's going to knock Atlanta or all butt knock Atlanta out of the playoffs, it's only fitting and slightly poetic and whatever other words you want to put in here, that is Joseph Martinez. Also, for all the people that showed up to the bins that day, I'm glad you got to see Joseph scoring the bins and not somebody random. At least, let it be Joseph, some rando like peop yeah a poke, I'm looking at you now. Yeah, but no, I mean I think you're you just didn't do yourself any favors, right, like everything else really went your way. We were kind of in the beginning keeping an eye on the scoreboard and things were looking very positive for Atlanta, and then you go into the half, right, and you've got a little bit of momentum. You know, you scored the goal getting close to going and the half and then you just couldn't put it away. You couldn't put it away. And you know, Joseph that second goal, that's vintage Joseph to a t, like you give him a slight opportunity in the box like that. And it felt like the Julian Gress little Joseph connection that we've seen so many times of the Benz except not Julian Gressel coming from the other side. But no, I mean, just a lot of disappointment from folks, you know, somber and you know, we talked about it on the show last night. Just the locker room last night or on Wednesday was just very down and I know you were in there with Rob as well. Just it feels like a lot of folks are at the point where they just don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you run out of things to say. You know, it's like if things continue to go on and on and on, Uh, you know, what what is it that what is it that they say, uh, you know, having to do with repeated results, doing the same thing over and over again and anticipating a different result.
Speaker 2: Is something in there that's like, you know, it doesn't happen or whatever.
Speaker 6: The definition of insanity.
Speaker 1: Thank you, definition of in saying doing something over and over again and anticipating a different result. Alex he says, y'all are a bunch of sickos, Sico's committee, no desira or preference for Joseph to be the one to score. I mean there there are those. And Joseph, to his credit, this time did not celebrate. Last time out he celebrated, and I would thought that that would have stuck with a lot of folks that he celebrated last time he was here, this time he did not. It was it was interesting to see the dichotomy this time around with with Joseph and the the lack of a celebration, and there were the videos that CF Montreal put out there and all this kind of stuff. So it was it was an interesting dichotomy with this version of Joseph as opposed to the other version of Joseph when he was with Messi and friends trying to make sure, mister Messi, is your seat warm enough? Do you do you need an a partief? Do you do you need a do you need some you know? With your cafe? Do you need you know whatever?
Speaker 6: Can I bring you a latte?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Can I bring you a Latte for mister Beckham, Sir, you know, one of the it was it was a different it was a different Joseph Joseph vibe. But I mean it was, like I said, it was a different Joseph vibe. And for Joseph to possibly be the one to take your to take your point and go one hundred and eighty degrees with it, For Joseph to end up being the one that might be the individual that knocks Atlanta out when they when you needed a result, the irony there lost on a lot of folks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, and I think maybe it eases the blow a little bit. But it's one of those things where the team has had opportunities, they've had control of their own destiny. Now, you know, for a while, I mean obviously you could say that about every team to the whole season, but as it got closer to the end of the season, things were looking somewhat probable that you still made the playoffs. You just had to win a few games, right, and you just haven't been able to do that. And so yeah, I mean, to get to the point where you're backed against a wall and then you know, Joseph comes in with the dagger. I mean, it is what it is. But Joseph, to his credit, yeah, I mean, you know, he runs around wearing number seventeen, which I get that was his his number well before Atlanta as well, but also I think there's there's something absolutely about the fact that he chose to wear that number still up there. You know, when we were in there talking with Rob and when we went to the Atlanta nine of locker room, Sydney actually went to go talk to Joseph and he did an article over on discarverssbikes dot com. And but when I got back up to the press box that night and we were getting ready to record our three Takeaways video, he the first thing he said was, it just seems like Joseph is like at peace, okay, And he talked to him and said, you know, I have nothing but love for this city, you know, more than anything, but I have to fight for the colors that I'm wearing. And I mean that's the job, right, Like, yes, you're getting paid the due, so there's no hard feelings. But it does seem like he's kind of moved past everything, at least according you know, to kind of the vibe that Sidney got from him. So wish him the best obviously, always have. And if if he has moved on and he's not, you know, upset about the way things went down, then you know, more power to him, because if we're being honest, this team and this entire club is totally different than what it was the last time Joseph wore a Atlanta jersey.
Speaker 1: Uh, and David to the point and Bart your comment, I do want to circle back to as a part of this, David says, uh failing to finish chances early being something that dooms them late. Saba miss off the post falls in the category Joseph gets his bad angle touch and Saba misses. So but there were chances for Atlanta United, and this is something that's occurred all season long. The the missed opportunities, the shots that you know, hit the post, the saves, the the pass that should have been taken as opposed to hanging on to a ball. And Rob mentioned that in the post match press conference too. There were a couple of looks where the pass would have been the play as opposed to hanging on to it and attempting a shot that gets either blocked or saved or what have you. But now and the seats and but yes, Saba's opportunity, sabas miss off the post, you have your I mean literally we could probably sit there and go through all the matches and go.
Speaker 2: Okay, here, here, here, here, and here, and it will be a.
Speaker 1: Laundry list of missed opportunities for the club in from the ball in the back of the net this season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know, Saba specifically has got to be the unluckiest guy on the planet. Like I put up a meme or a gift during the middle of the match after he hit the crossbar again or the would work again, and it was just like, you know, Saba and the woodwork they just hate each other like they cannot stand. It's been so many times this season where he's he's come so close, and you know, for him to still be your your leading playmaker essentially in terms of numbers is astounding and you just think of like what could have been? Yeah, right, But that's just that's the season. I mean, there's so many, so many aspects of the season where it's just it was so close. It was so close. You had the finest of margins, whether defensively or offensively. Lately, it's been offensively to where you could have squosed out another three or six points and we would be having a totally different conversation. And that's what's so frustrating about it is it's not like you're, you know, fifteen points below the playoff line. You've been right there on the edge for what a month and a half and you just just didn't go your.
Speaker 1: Way and you have leads that are lost giving up the first goal once again, tell me if you've heard this before, you get to you give up the first goal, you come back and fight, and then something else happens. It either ends up being a draw or it ends up being a win the other way. So there are a lot of different things, and the post mortem and the analysis of this season, whenever it ends, it's going to have a lot of these these topics that are going to be discussed. And our friends at spot track are going to let us know about salaries and you know, the nine players that are at the end of their contracts or have options that could or could not be picked up after the calendar year is over, and they're going there's going to be there. There is going to be there are going to be there. There is going to be a tremendous amount of decisions that will be made by the garth Logger way led at the moment front office and how this is going to go forward, and and and one of the things that will always stick with me and especially and literally if you mentioned, if you mentioned to Jarrett Pedro Amador, if you mentioned Pedro Amador to Jarrett, Yeah, there you go, finish.
Speaker 2: You're gonna need to You're gonna need to get you need like round two.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sticking up for teammates, that is something I think that uh and being there as a part of a collective, I think that is going to be something that a lot of folks inside the Children's Health Care of Atlanta training ground, inside that locker room, outside those of us that cover it and watch it on a daily basis. Being there for your teammates, I think it is going to be something that that will be thought of and heartfelt and thought about a lot in the postseason and then the offseason.
Speaker 6: That it's a culture thing in a way, like unless you're being explicitly told not to, you know, go potentially get a yellow or or whatever, there's no reason to not go in on some of the some of the players that have put in these really bad challenges lately. And yeah, I mean Pedromedor is like the most egregious one. But you know, I've kind of been pointing it out to like Sydney and Henry and and folks in the press box, like over the past few matches where somebody goes down and Atlanta player goes down and the only one running over there is Brad And I understand he's the captain, but we know that's not just because he's captain. That's Brad. Where is everybody else? And that's just one part of the report card, I think at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like show some a hole at some.
Speaker 2: Point, like testicular fortitude.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, absolutely, and and and show the fans like you're at home. You're at home, and you're not playing well at home like much less away. You got to give the fans something to hold onto. And I've been saying that for for a while now, like with the front office and the way things are going, like fans just admittedly aren't very excited about the team. And the best way that you can you can kind of drum up a little bit of something is to give the fans something to hold onto, and that has to come ultimately from the pitch. It has to be the players going out there and showing that they're fighting for the badge. And that doesn't always mean you know, running seven and a half miles in a match and and you know, just running yourself into the ground like that's great one hundred percent, but you got to show some personality, some attitude, and I just don't see that right now. I don't like, I see, you know, there's complaints, want to play or a foul doesn't go your way, things like that, but I don't see the swag, I guess, and the chemistry is just it feels non existent. And Rob even said it in the press conference. He said, you know, I see the same thing that y'all do, and I feel the way y'all do about how it feels like the team comes out flat all the time. And for him to say that now, I mean, I wish he had an answer for it, but nobody seems happy it.
Speaker 1: Well, there's only so much that a coach in any situation like that can do. You can you and your staff can get a team prepared for a match that is as important as these matches are and then when the team goes out and does not perform and match the level of expectation, self expectation, and the level that you know, they feel that they should be meeting if they're going to be chasing after you know, three points, playoff spot, all those kinds of factors, then there's only what is it we talked about it? You know the definition of insanity. You know, you keep doing the same thing over and over again and anticipating a different result. There's only so many times that you can sit there and hope that you're giving the message and getting the message across, and you hope that the players are listening, and then it comes to the implementation of that message. There's only so many times, Like a coach cannot be an eligible player yep, and be out there and go, well, this is what I'm you know, And like the conversation we were had with Michael with Michael parkerst where a coach can tell you something and then you have the players out there that'll sit there and they'll tweak the message out there because they're the ones out there adjusting, and it's like we're the ones playing. Okay, so let's suggest this, this, this, and this. A coach is not out there to help you adjust to do this, this, this, this and this. You get, you get all of this, and you get you get this from coaches, they're not out there doing that same thing because you know, they have to stay in their their dotted space.
Speaker 2: So there's only so much that a coach can do.
Speaker 1: Ultimately, it comes down to the players and their performance on the field on it on a game by game basis.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think that's what's really really frustrating from the players perspective, and then of course from the fans because you see, like you know, up in the the stands, you watch the team play lately especially and now it doesn't necessarily feel like they have an identity. They are trying new things like credit to rob you know, I mean, put Jay Fortune on the left wing, like changing things around, like there's there's things that are being done to just not do the same thing over and over again, right, But it just feels like it's just a mentality thing. And that's very tough to fix. That's very tough to fix because you have to identify what the actual problem is first and then come up with a way to fix it, but it doesn't feel like anybody has really determined like what the problem is. Like we can say chemistry, we can say mentality, we can say all those words all day, but there's something specific that somebody is gonna have to find and nail it down and remove it and start building back, like you know, a culture of truly winning, not just playing to not lose.
Speaker 1: Doug Robertson of the AJAC is saying that he does not see Shanda Silva out at practice this morning getting ready for Red Bulls coming up this weekend for the last home match of the season for Atlanda United. David's fan impression mostly frustration, belief we certainly should be getting more out of the group than we do. It's not they're just bad, but more we're flat or just finding new ways to lose. And other guys like Tristan and Shande who flashed when they've arrived and have not just re emerged, and shandaih Shanday and Jamal it is they have not been healthy one hundred percent of the time, and then you're trying to regain the form you had when you were healthy, and that takes time and with urgency in a situation. There are all these things that that snowball and trying to regain what you had, and it's not something where you can flip a switch and it's like, Okay, i'm on, i'm off, i'm off, i'm on, I can get it all back.
Speaker 2: It takes.
Speaker 1: It takes growing back into the situation because of the lingering issues that are attached to an injury, the you know, the probably the internal concern that you have as an athlete about getting back to form, not wanting to press, but you feel like you have to press, and you know, help out your team. All these different kinds of things that are there. Uh, Bart, let me get to Bart's point. Bart wants to know if he's a bad fan by wanting the team to miss the playoffs. So there's no pretense of success when evaluating individual performances this year for end of your roster decisions and transfer market. Bart, I would say this, Bart as as a fan of West Virginia football, and Bart is a West Virginia West Virginia Leonora Ryan. So take your pick either Division two playoffs or Division one college football. I think even if you finish six and six, you want the bowl game. So you can sit there engage how you are. In a college football sense, I think you want that bowl game to get those extra practices, to see what it looks like leading into next season. I think that in other sports, you'll want to.
Speaker 2: Be the eighth seed.
Speaker 1: As Jared has said and has mentioned to everybody here repeatedly. Stanley Cup champion twenty twelve Los Angeles Kings, eight seed and got a keeper, got a goalie and Jonathan Quick that was on a heater and it was four four four. Beat the Rangers win a Stanley Cup. You don't know until you get in. That's literally that's how I look at it when it comes to I want, I want a team to get into a playoff just so I can get those extra practices, just so I can see what you got, just so I can continue to further evaluate instead of having a you know, have the garage door shut on a season. What about what Bart said and we put it back up here for you, Tyler. That's Bart about getting into the postseason.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't. I don't think you're a bad fan.
Speaker 3: Bart.
Speaker 6: I don't because there are thousands of other people that feel the same way you do. I think what like what John is saying, Absolutely, you you have to try to get in and just see where it goes, because that is the one, you know, positive or negative depending on who you ask about MLS. It's a different playoff format. It's an American playoff format, and so there is always that very very small belief that you can get in and have a you know, just a dream run. But I said it last night, and if I am Garth Logerway, I'm going to the team, every first team player before this match tomorrow and telling them this is essentially a job interview.
Speaker 3: The next one.
Speaker 2: It has been for a while.
Speaker 6: I mean it should have been. It should have been, but like it just feels like that message is not like you would think that if if the players really felt that, then you wouldn't be having the same mistakes and that the same thing's going on that you have right now. And I mean, I know, I know it's a hard place for the players because I know they're trying. I'm like, I've come on here and I've tried to make sure that is understood and i know y'all have as well. Like I know it's not that they're just like punting the season or giving up, like I know they're trying, but morale is a heck of a thing. And if if you're morale is not there, your job, you might be able to go do the job, but you're probably not going to do it as well as you could. And that's kind of like where we're at right now. And so you've got to find as a professional, you've got to find a way to dig deep and self motivate. And if you can't and your boss telling you essentially that you might not have a job, We're going to find a way to rebuild everything. If that doesn't do it for you either, then you really don't have any business wearing the shirt. And I'm not saying anybody specific. I don't know that that's how you know the players feel, but I know how the fans feel, and I know how it looks out there on the pitch. And that's the only thing I can come up with is do you want to be a part of next year and this, as Henry said, the redemption arc? Or do we need to move on from you?
Speaker 1: And I think that a part of this, and this is something that we've talked about a lot here is the youth that is available to Atlanta United, whether it's two's cup of coffee. Players have been first team, second team, you have the academy guys that are that are growing, and we'll have another season under their belt. There's a lot of promise and and bart to your point about extra practice as substitute players and players who've proven who they are. This the continued reps for me, give me an opportunity to sit there and continue to look at folks like Noah Cobb in a practice situation, Ephan Morales in a practice situation, Matt Edwards jad and Hibbert Jay Fortune to continue to see what he's got, you know, Aiden Torres as he continues to go Yeah, I mentioned in a lot of kids. But for me, I think it's beneficial for those younger players, whether they're twos or first team contract or what have you. You know, Jacob Williams, you know, maybe a hobby armist or an noble Akello or a cream to me me a lot of the folks that we've seen with the twos to continue to interact with those first team players to see how they are. Like I said, if if there's somebody and I am not casting in a spursion I'm just saying that if there, if that, if you are at the Children's self gare at Atlanta training Ground and you are looking at Luke Brennan, thank you, Abby, excellent excellent pick up there too. Uh, if you're looking at folks, whether it's a Landing Nighted two roster and with what Steve Cook and Lewis Sharp and Jose Silva, that what they've done. You get those guys, you have them go into the same situation and practice against the first team. You get to see those Alan Carlton another one that that is that is there? Literally I could I could literally run down the roster of the twos and I could tell you, hell, I'm gonna go ahead and do it. I'm gonna do it right now. I mean, I get to get around my razzles and my and my charms blow pops and everything. Is that a piano, Yeah, it's a piano.
Speaker 6: I did not know that this entire time, I've not known that that was a piano sitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the boss, the boss plays piano. Okay, so all right, so let's take a peek at this. Effrian Morales, Aiden Torres Noah cop and I'm just literally I'm just running down the list. Efrian Morales, Aiden Torres, Noah kab Luke, Brennan Fermino, Ramsey Cowasmi with what he's been able to do at the back, Ethan Dudley coming from Florida Gulf Coast inserting himself into the back line, Alan Carlton Noble, Rodrigo Neeri who got a call up to the U twenties recently, matt Edwards, Cooper Sanchez probably a couple of years away with academy time, but still seeing what you've got with Cooper, Matthew de Janey's still at the academy, Dominic Chong Que who at the age of sixteen d c Q has put in quality work. On the left hand side, You've got Eric Centino as he recovers from his ankle injury, Matties ga Jarda with what we've seen from him. In the middle, Stephen Hurlock with his time, Ashton Gordon with what we've seen from him. You've got Hadley with the academy, Jacob Williams hobby armist, Caden Moore, kareem To Mimi Jaden Hibbert in Nett who is a story in and of himself. So how many dudes, did we just name off in like thirty seconds, like eighteen, Yeah, and so to have those players interacting and a part of the first team practice schedule. That's why as a part of being with the first team guys getting those extra practices. I want to see how these dudes interact with that group. So that's why I'm looking for more practices. Even if at the end of you know, even at the end of the day you get in as a nine, you're playing an eight, you still get extra reps with everybody who's here. So Bart, I guess that was my larger point. David, I know that you and I will disagree on Ronald Hernandez completely. I would go and read the article that was done at Soccer down here Dutnet about Ronald Hernandez. Then I know we'll disagree about Ronald Luisa Bram. David wants to free up international spots, Morales Cobb Edwards serve as debt free up international spots. More of a difference makes up.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: So that's why we ran through that list of a lot of dudes who are in the pipeline and are common I want to see how they interact with the first team. I mean, go back to behind the stripes and was it the second episode was the Cincinnati loss?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Who was it that spoke up Dax and Noah Cobb? Yep, that's what you're staring at. H. So that's what I'm looking at with these extra reps and these extra practices. Get me in is a nine and show me what you can do. I want those extra reps period. That's why.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like I said, does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Did that make any sense?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: One hundred percent. And I think, you know, I think the argument is always going to be, well, they've had all season, which I get, but at the end of the day, like all those guys that you named, they can't have enough reps, especially the ones that have done so well when this year, which is really all of them, if if we're being honest, I mean, there really isn't a guy with the twos that has come up and put in first teen minutes that hasn't done pretty well.
Speaker 1: Go to the Open Cup game against Charleston, Yeah, shining example, Go watch that and that rotated side that was in there the gut the win in Charleston in a gut check game.
Speaker 2: All the names that were attached to that win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, and you know that was an interesting one as well. But I remember I was, uh because I was actually there getting destroyed by the sand.
Speaker 2: Natural yes, and the sun.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, but Jay Fortune was injured at the time and he was sitting right in front of me, and uh, the relationship in the chemistry that he had, you know, cheering on the guys that he's put in time with with the twos and just being around that group was refreshing. And that it's just it's another thing, and going back to what we talked about earlier, it is something that you have to see. You have to see that kind of camaraderie that I don't think you see a lot of with a lot of the folks on the first team. Not that that has anything to do with the training reps or anything, but I just think it's another example of the folks coming up through the system are really on the right path, and right now the first team is just really struggling with what feels like a broken system and it has to be fixed.
Speaker 1: Then Bart's like, got it. So we need extra reps for all the players who aren't actually on the team. So the first team players who've proven they're not good enough, can pretend they've achieved a goal of the playoffs. Bart's on fire this morning. I would look play until you can't play anymore. If that means that you don't get into a postseason, you've done what you've done, you don't get in, you don't get in. You play until you don't play anymore. If it means you get in and the math works, you're nine, you get in, you find out what happens there. Just playing until you don't play anymore, That's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 6: And I mean, I think Garth is a smart enough guy to look at it. If if the scenario plays out where suddenly you make it to the playoffs after these last two games, regardless of who plays, I think Garth is smart enough to just look at the overall season and say, all right, well, you know, the young guys, every time they were out on the field, they were hungry, They left it all out there, and they did everything they had to do mistakes, which is fine, but they they played far beyond their years and they did really well. And I think you can look at some of the players that are consistently getting time with the first team and you say all right, well where was the effectiveness? And where were you when we had five must win games near the end of the season, Like, why was the the effectiveness not there? You know? I just think again, it's a report card and you're looking at individual players, and I just I think Garth is smart enough to look and say, all right, well yeah, just because they squeaked in. If they do, there are thirty four games overall that we have to look at and say, well, this was this was how it all played out. Ultimately, it is not going to come down to the two games.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: Jared thy Cholcome Tyler and I are discussing the idea of playing until you can't places the more and if it turns into the idea of getting a lot of the folks that we've seen, either at the academy level or at the twos level, getting them to continue to interact with the first team players and see where things stand with them, I'm all for it. And I literally ran through the list of all of the dudes that have gotten major minutes this year with it landa United too as a part of this whole process to see them and how they interact with first team guys that are going to be around next season.
Speaker 3: Look, there's a lot of decisions they gotta get made on that.
Speaker 2: Front, no doubt.
Speaker 3: You got a lot of the guys who were brought in on the twos are on like one year deals like Noble Killow on your deal. How the armis play every dayn minute. The twos, you got decisions to make them, and you have decision to make for the first team. Like I said yesterday though man like, at the risk of it sounding too dramatic, because I don't mean it too even though I don't know how to make it not sound dramatic, right, if you can't come out into this game tomorrow night with your hair on fire, with you know, basically like Billy at the beginning of the third Active Predator where he stands on the log he cuts his chest open and waits for the predator. If you can't come out there like that, you're making my decisions a little bit easier when it comes to off season roster decisions. Because no Garth had said when gets out up the night that was fired, that you know, everybody's jobs on the table. Obviously we saw that with Carlos spokanegra being LetGo as well, I'm sure it goes deep in the organization, but that should go for players as well. There's a world market for the sport. And if you don't fight for the badge, I will find someone who will. So show me something tomorrow night, and show me what you got against a rival. And buddy, it's always a rival.
Speaker 1: And uh, Bart getting okay and so and Jared, I'll let you tackle this when Bart says it's worth noting the two is finished thirteenth to fifteenth in the Eastern MLS next pro correct, But okay.
Speaker 3: They they weren't good enough. Like you call whatever you want, you can you can phrase it however you want. They weren't. They dropped points when they shouldn't have. You know, you go back to go back to the Orlando game. But they up a goal, up a man, gave up two goals while up the man in ten minutes. They weren't good enough. There are talented players on that team, hobby armists. Bobby Armis don't have a damn good career for himself. I don't know IF's MLS. I don't know if he's fast enough, like foot feet fast enough for MLS.
Speaker 2: Dan Dale, see he's Jared is staring at flora and fauna.
Speaker 1: Here as he's he's becoming one with a bird happy place.
Speaker 3: A bird landed above my head. I can't do anything about that, But like I don't know where Hobby plays, Yeah, Hobby, Hobby don't play somewhere though, But you you have talented players there, like Mary is a hell of a lottery ticket to pick up, and you picked him up halfway this season, but it didn't come together until too late in the season. Then since second season you've done that. So what do you do to fix it? M hm? And I know it's tough because guys are training with the first team. There's very little consistency into his training because guys are getting pulled into national team duty. They're getting pulled into when they're academy guys tournaments around god knows where. Some of them are training with the first team, like we saw it like last year when j before j Fortune was trying to make himself a staple in the first team. Last year, he was training with the first team consistently, and he's going to be training with the first team like this is a chance for them to show what they got. Is tough, but they got to figure out something. Yeah, we've seen similar to the first team, that identical that I wouldn't be as disappointed if I wasn't sure that there's better in there, because they've shown it. So you got to figure it out for this year, this upcoming year with the two's how you want to balance that and be consistently good and not have to have these really good runs at the end of the feat.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, So let's turn to Red Bulls.
Speaker 1: It was announced by the team just half a second ago that Lower Bowl forty two thousand sold out for the last match of the year on a Saturday. Shows you how many folks also will be keeping an eye. They'll be tailgating watching what's going on in Athens, not necessarily going because it's probably going to be blowout city and.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a snuff film. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the boss isn't going.
Speaker 3: Peyton Thorn is. Peyton Thorn is going to need to go onto wits protection, mostly mostly from Freeze, so Freeze hasn't throw him under a bus again.
Speaker 2: But yeah, give it time, give him another week or so, he'll he'll find a way.
Speaker 1: Uh. When you look at Red Bulls, this is a this is still Tyler, very red bullsy in but with a twist, so it's not quite your older Brothers Red Bulls team, but with a healthy er emial Fourburg coming back got some minutes last time out. I am intrigued to see which version of the Red Bulls we get and if Atlanta United just sits there and turns it into like it was in the playoffs at Red Bull Arena, tell you what you can have it and you guys work.
Speaker 2: From the back. I want to see how this plays out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think this is where it gets really easy to talk about the tactics between the two teams, right because I think fans are looking for more of an internal conversation about the players, kind of like what we've been talking about. What are you going to show me? What are you going to show out on the pitch when you're wearing this shirt against a team that we hate and have consistently hated, And one could argue is Atlanta's first real rival. Go win the game, like come hell or high water. Doesn't matter what the Rebels do. It doesn't matter if they come out and press you high. Yeah, if you've got to sit back and and and you know, play some shenanigans or whatever, do what you got to do to make some tweaks. But ultimately, the eleven players that Rob picks to be out there on the opening whistle. They need to put on a show for everybody in the bins and for goth loger way.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I'm i'm I'm I am intrigued Jared as to what this looks like coming out of the blocks for UH, for Atlanta Nighted going up against Red Bulls in a in a in a math nasium that is going to be the playoffs between now and uh, you know, two weeks from now, because remember it is this weekend international break where we all get to gnash our teeth and twiddle our thumbs and do math and all these kinds of things during an international window and then get ready for a decision day and find out who's going to be doing what I am intrigued to see A with the lineup looks like and b uh, they better come out with their proverbial hair on fire in this. In this gotta have three point situation.
Speaker 3: You're gonna know something going into the window. This will be It's interesting that we schedule breaks here because after this hame you the window. You have a bit of a break. You're gonna have some time to think on some ship.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. There's the explicit rating for.
Speaker 3: The morning what you are because if you don't get it done Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it. You don't get three points. If you don't get three points, probably with some room despair for comfort, like multi goal wind kind of thing. You're done.
Speaker 2: Do not pass, go, do not collect two hundred dollars, do not go to the boos.
Speaker 3: Then then what does the last game look like?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 3: You know? Is it? Hey, couple of kids, show me what you got? Is people, we are out of the race. We're out of the race. Show me what you've got, Guys who are on the bubble, show me what you have got. How it looks for Saturday? No, I mean it's the off points like it. I don't know what it's gonna look like. I mean, yeah, like red bulls can't come out press you. Red bulls trying to try and solidify themselves too, trying to make sure they're in a good spot because even if you're in the playoffs, as we saw last year, it's not just about getting into the dance like if you're in a situation like Atlanta, yeah, you just want to get in. Yeah, if you're in, you're trying to position yourself in a way that you don't want. For instance, you don't want to be in Atlanta. Spot last year, we'll have to play a first round three, best of three against Columbus. Hell tho, I don't want to do that. So those teams who are in have to figure out where are they in or if they can get in, and you just do what you can. But you know, we'll see, we'll see what it all looks like. I don't know what. I don't know what Saturday night looks like for Atlanta other than yeah, you're red Bulls might force you to play long, Okay, if Jamal can give you forty five minutes, right, because then I can bring Jamal on the second half in the fifty fifth minute and tell him go chase, Yeah, just play fetch, or I can start the game. If you can give me forty five minutes to start the game, fetch and play long or have Rios try and win those. A couple of times in that game against Montreal, Rio's won the long ball didn't always make the best decision with it. The one that kills me is the second half where he's or the first half use me where he is going down the on a one v two and doesn't play soba in on the right side like Tyler is.
Speaker 8: Just like.
Speaker 6: Tyler's already tweeted in capital letters right when it happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was a lot and Saba didn't have a great night. But also he is your guy right now as you are constructed, and you kind of have to you you have to feed him even when even when like he is flipping the spoon like and and not always hitting the target. This this is monta Ella's territory. You gotta let him shoot. He is, he's he's killing full j R. Smith. You just gotta let him shoot. Steve can get the microwake going.
Speaker 2: Yo yoansn coming off the bench.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm like, like, I don't know, like uh Waiters when he was Waiters just jacking up the three es lehing right, just with absolutely zero conscience. But you know, you might have to play like that at times, might not be pretty, but you you less style in the window in the rear view mirror A long time ago, at this point styles over the horizon. Yep. So what you do then is can you show me some baults? Red bulls will get stuck? Can you get stuck in? Red bulls will get stuck in? Can you get stuck in? Stand over somebody and ask them and their mom if they want to make something about it? Yeah? What you got?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So what do you? What do you and your mama have to say about this one?
Speaker 3: And to Anthony's you know, too much work to be done for a lot of these players are worry about the roles. I think some of you got to worry about your future. We talk about this in the NFL when like somebody when when the team is like four and five, stare at you. Jacksonville guys got to play for their futures. Like, yeah, they they might not be making the playoffs, but if there are an option year or if they're maybe a target for movement, they got to play for their futures. They can't just completely phone it in and folks will notice it and folks will see it. You can't escape especially these days. Man. But like every I got cameras everywhere. We're tracking data. We're tracking your fitness, We're tracking how much you run. We're due, they're they're tracking how much your urb on the field.
Speaker 7: M h, guys, I've got to go out there and you got to absolutely bust your ass and you've got to show people something that you either deserve to be part of, you know, what is going to be hopefully built starting in the off season, or if I can make other decisions that don't include you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's and that's why you know, even if the players are if to your point, Anthony, they got to think about themselves either here or they got to think about themselves someplace else. And if you go out and you just Christmas Tree, what happens in whatever minutes you're given in the final two matches of this season, then you know that will affect you. That will affect you and your location next year if it is not here. So that's uh so that's what we're staring at. Okay, time to play Cliffhanger, guys. Uh let me go through the standings really quickly in the East. But we're gonna go Cliffhanger with all the other matchups in and around. What's going on, MESSI and friends of Clinch. They're eleven points clear. Columbus has three matches to go. They can only max out at three nine sixty six, so they can't catch them. Columbus at fifty seven FC Cincinnati and all of their issues at the back two matches to go.
Speaker 2: There at fifty six Orlando.
Speaker 1: If they beat Cincinnati this weekend, the game next weekend won't matter because they can't catch Sincy and NYC and Red Bulls can't catch them. So if you're the purple team, you want to try and win this one, so the one in two weeks doesn't matter. NYC and Red Bulls both at thirty two matches played. Ny CFC has thirteen wins and Red Bulls only have eleven. Charlotte's in at forty five, they are thirty two matches in two to go. They can play anywhere from seven to four, depending on how things go. Montreal with the win ten, twelve and ten, they're at forty. Then the fun begins. Toronto eleven wins, thirty seven points, Philadelphia same record as DC and a twenty five goal advantage in goal difference plus nine to minus sixteen. Atlanta's at thirty four, Nashal's at thirty three, New England's at thirty one. They need to win out with their three matches to finish at forty, and they need everybody else to lose everything else Chicago the dumpster fire. They're done at thirty points, and then you've got everything going on in the West, all right, So let's go juice boxes here and play Cliffhanger. If there's a match that you want to talk about, just literally jump in and start talking about it, and we'll talk about it. Because that's how this goes, Because if there's a match and it draws your interest, then we'll talk about it, all right. So and because our friends of Odds Portal do things alphabetically, I have to go all the way down to the letter you and click on a button.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Four o'clock in the afternoon, Toronto hosting Messi and Friends as a home favorite at Bemoca. They because Messi and Friends have clinched the number one seed. But for Messi and Friends, the Tata Martine probably chasing after a points record, So the fact that they are a plus one sixty five.
Speaker 2: Dog on the road might be the one to take.
Speaker 1: With Toronto FC at a plus one thirty eight, gentlemen, what say you, tyler go.
Speaker 6: I think they're gonna rest every everybody they can. That's you know, geriatric FC. So they've done everything they have to do right now, you don't want to you don't want to take too much of a break because we see how that goes typically, right like a team gets a bye going into the playoffs and all of a sudden they forget how to play football. But you have, you have guys on that team that have been playing for a long time. They haven't forgot how to play football yet. So I think you can afford to rest them, make sure they're all set and ready to go, because you know, I know the supporter Shiel is great, and I know Michael Parker has had the tweet and the chat earlier. But like ML's cup is the thing, and Tata has been there before, He's been in a very similar position, so he knows kind of how to uh you know, set his team up. So yeah, very long win. A way of saying in Miami, they're gonna they're gonna, I think, rightfully, sit back a little bit, take it a little easier than normal, and uh, I don't think that's gonna be good for Atlanta. If if if you're looking at the very small percentage, But I still I think I think Toronto is able to come out with a win.
Speaker 2: All right, Jared, what do you think?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. The reason I say that everything Tyler said I think is accurate true. I also watched Toronto Closed as possible to Nick Saban made his ass quick Territory the other night in the midweek. You're missing one of your key playmakers in this game.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: John Herdman like, stop the bleeding in twenty twenty four for Toronto. We don't know how well he actually stitched that wind closed though, if it's gonna pop back open or not.
Speaker 2: But just as the throne manufacturers in Canada.
Speaker 3: Well it's I don't know. I don't know how they're going to put it back together. Just they're they're they are wildly inconsistent. They've had some good performances. Some guys shout out to Derek Gatty and Junior who's gonna find since he got there just was a classic change of scenery guy and he got his change of scenery and he did well. Miami man like, yeah, they'll probably rest guys. Yeah the rest part in the tower mentioned that the rest part is weird and part of this is also my sha like to my chagrin, would like the whole best of three thing, which it can make it fun to kind of weird when we do. I prefer it to be like, should be that Wednesday, and should be Wednesday for strong, should be that next Saturday. That way that it should always stay like that forever and ever. Amen, because that way, at least the teams that earn a buy U one unquote, they get a full weeks break, right and the teams that are wild card have to go play in the midweek. That way, it doesn't feel like an extended break where you can still keep your rhythm, your game week rhythm, but you do have an advantage in terms of travel and energy. Like you just just keep it like that, don't overcomplicate it. I have like I'm willing to put like an Ecto cooler juice box that MLS is going to change their playoff structure again in the next two years.
Speaker 1: Because well because if if you want Apple TV to come up with more television episodes for their TV program then you're certainly going to do that. If you want to draw more eyes to the whole process.
Speaker 6: You're gonna have to change it. In twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, that's also true. Yes, this is also true. We'll save it.
Speaker 1: Landy United in Red Bulls Charlotte, CF Montreal. Charlotte's a big minus so to minus one fifty two as CF Montreal comes to town. Crewe in Philadelphia, Cruz a minus one thirty nine unions of plus three thirteen. Speaking of f C Cincinnati, they're a home favored at a minus one fourteen Purple teams of plus two to seventy four on the road.
Speaker 2: That two seventy four.
Speaker 1: Shoot, I'd take that in a heartbeat, considering what we've seen from FC Cincinnati recently. DC United is a plus two oh two on the road at the Revs who are a plus one seventeen, and NYC is minus one eighty nine hosting Nashville a plus four fifty five. That is your Eastern Conference stuff at Landy United plus one twenty four hosting Red Bulls, who are a plus one ninety six, draws a plus two sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Tyler, what's your gut tell you about what they're gonna do?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: Right back with no Brooks Lennon.
Speaker 6: Ronald, I mean, I think that's that's the plug and play option. And I mean he played and did really well in that match against Columbus a few months ago. You know, anything Rob tried to do at this point would be totally valid if he if he got really weird. But I think the easiest answer is just simply to play Ronald Pedro on the left defensively against Rebels. I mean, you're gonna have to kind of sit back and play some ugly football, kind of like what we talked about earlier. And I know people will look and they have their faults for Ronald, but Ronald can put a ball on a dime across the pitch, and talking about getting Jamal or or Daniel up there to catch some of these and try to come down with him and make something out of it. Ronald can. Ronald can put the right ball in. So I think, yeah, just the easiest is going to be put Ronnie in and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Then center back, obviously you go with Derek and Stean Jarrett. But then you look at your midfield. You wonder if you're gonna need to drip keep somebody back in more of a six or if you go to the four to one four one is kind of a thing that we've seen that's caused problems for defenses where Bart goes forward. What are you looking at, uh, midfield going forward for Atlanta United?
Speaker 3: What does Dak's have in the tank? Because I don't know if it's much left. It's like in general, yeah, like Dad, like daks is just he's he's I think he's on at this point. And it's just been a long season. And not even just like on the field obviously for this organization, it's been a long season off the field, right, I don't know what he's got in the tank. If he can sit and be that guy to kind of protect the back line, I'd ask him to do it. If he if he can give me that for sixty minutes or more, great. I'm really leaning towards the idea of pushing Jay further up the field, as we've seen him get not just better and more competent, but I think physically stronger. You go back to the goal against Charlotte where he's writing off challenges. Give me that from jacause you're gonna need You're gonna need somebody who can write off the challenge, who can fight through contact. You're gonna need someone to to to just be strong and tough in those moments. To Uncle's question, I don't know what Hernandez said this is would not be shocked if you saw Matt Edwards on the bench in this as an option. You're gonna need him. You're maybe you get weird here and you have an extra center back or two on the bench, and then you start shifting potentially to three at the back with wing backs if you really need to, you know, ask Pedro to play that wing back role. Hell, ask Mo Scatta to play that wing back role. Like like Tyler said, anything Rob does here is pretty much justified. I think one of the things, though, John, is that I will be very interested in Rob's reaction to things because the last few games it hasn't just been the disappointment of not getting results across the line, it's also been for me personally. It kind of reminds me of the wigans Alo talked about things. Ganzolo and Rob have different cadence and the way they speak. They're going to say different things, but just that that underlying frustration of I can't do it for you guys, mm hmm, I need you you. You gotta put the chances away, not off the crossbar and you gotta fight. I can't do that for you. I can draw it up for you, but you've got to go execute it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, to your point, if Ronald can't give you ninety, even though Ronald you know, will try to do his dead level best too, I think at that point you probably turn the dial one one notch to the right, and then Stean ends up being a right back, Derek slides your six, pulls back in. It's almost like another center back, and Pedro stays on the left. So I think that you take the dial and you turn it one notch to the left and everyone rotates over. If Ronald can't give you ninety, or you work with you work with Matt Edwards or something like that.
Speaker 2: As a part of the the eighteen, let's see.
Speaker 1: Any other games either East or West, because there are some nick nacky newsy things that I want to get into before we get out of here. And Tyler, thanks for hanging out for like an hour man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, any.
Speaker 1: Other matches that you guys are going to be looking at, Jared will start with you on any other matches you're going to be staring at, just on general premise or screw it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch them all. I think I stunned him.
Speaker 3: No, you called me in a situation where I am happy to pull the schedule.
Speaker 2: Now, well, I could tell you what's going on.
Speaker 3: I mean, well I can look at it and tell you pretty quickly that like, let's take a look, because that's the fifth yet I don't even know what day it is. I have to film the game tonight, football time, they'd be I I am interested in a couple of West Coast games just for like kind of dark reasons, like l A. C. Is gonna go like they're gonna flake Kansas City, right that, like, like what is what is like Kansas City is gonna have one of their one of it's not their lowest point totals ever under under under Peter urmes Yeah, and that's the thing who has been there since. Like I think Peter Jurmeys and Kirk Farence might be the two longest tenured coaches in American sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the offense is really showing for both. But that's another point.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's because Kansas City can't punt, to take a punt, my god, Yeah, entirely different conversation. Corl Road and Seattle could get really feisty. La and Austin. Like, we've seen like a lot of unconfirmed rumors all year about Josh Wolfe. Is he on the hot seat? Is he not? Austin fans wanting mounts. We see he's out here liking tweet suggesting he's done and he wants out. I'm low key amazed that Josh Wolfe made it this far to the end of twenty twenty four. Like, what does Austin look like as a finishing acting What does the grand finale of twenty twenty four for that schizophrenic Ass team look like?
Speaker 1: Yes, I always enjoy skitzag you know schizophrenic ass teams?
Speaker 2: And what the ending is are?
Speaker 1: According to a ten Credi Palmieri, just in Manchester United in the past days have offered in Zogie the role to take over the managerial job with the immediate effect during the international break, but.
Speaker 3: In Zione technically have a manager under contract.
Speaker 1: But yes, but in Ogie declined, so uh yeah, fun with uh yeah, so yeah we got a manager.
Speaker 2: But hey and Zogie do you want it? And Zoggie is like, nah, fam, I'm good.
Speaker 3: You got to get somebody there.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you know, the dumpster fire is not worth trying to put out.
Speaker 2: M m oh.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you just got a lot of burn ding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just watch it go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Uh. Also it appears that biting is going to give you eight games. Uh and so uh literally, if you bite somebody, it's an eight game suspension.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've heard that right. I didn't know where we were going with that. I had images of Luis Suarez already conjured out close.
Speaker 1: Presston North End forward Million ten is my age has been handed an eight game suspension for biting Blackburn's Online Liverpool defender Owen Beck during a Championship match last month. The Montenegrin international has shown a yellow ca by the match referee during the game, but the English FA subsequently charged him after reviewing the incident. Suarez got ten for biding Ivanovich. Osmaich has been banned for eight and fine twenty grand after he admitted the charge.
Speaker 3: So if there's a repeat of thunder clause there.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, milliontons Mich has been given eight for biting for Preston North End for biting a player in the Championship. So you got that to sit there and sift through as a part of it, I'm trying to look at some other things. Oh, the NWSL stuff that I wanted to get into before we get out of here. Oh, are there any other games, Tyler that you're going to be keeping an eye.
Speaker 6: On just since he in Orlando, I think just because I'm curious what Orlando's going to do on decision Day and if Atlanta has a chance going into decision Day, it would be nice if for Orlando decided not to play. Yes, So I'm just I want to see how this one plays out versus see And to your point earlier, I mean I would be betting against Cincy as well, because they've just not been very consistent lately. And Orlando is that weird team that tends to either do really well or really bad at the end of the season, and it's always the opposite of what they've done in the beginning of the season.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the slow fade for Oscar Pereha is not happening this year.
Speaker 3: So I'm so excited about them getting into the playoffs, Like I think it was twenty twenty when they got in, and like they were just picking up red cards in the playoffs, like to a game because then they had the one shootout where unless they got sent off in the shootout, yes, and then they had to put an outfield player in the outfield player made a safe.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was against New England. Think it was against Bruce's New England team, and then they had to go play the next week or that was New England they played, and then they got like two more red cars. Like I think it was like who on just just went like full booker te missile drop kick, Yeah, on their edge. Yeah. I I for until the day I die, I will associate that Orlando psychotic era with Nannie, Like they just seemed to chill out with Nan he was not there anymore, but like like they had an edge, but like they saw the edge and they just ran past it like Wiley Coyote.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, so it was Rodrigo Schlegel who took over in the ny CFC match. Uh yeah, so yeah, so it was uh Schlegel taking over for Gallessa in the after the Gallesse read uh NWSL notes and uh they by the way, and Bart made this point in the twitch pitch. NWSL concludes an investigation in salary camp violations by Angel City and imposing disciplinary actions based on the findings following a review. ACFC violated multiple league rules during the calendar year twenty three, entered into five side letters directly with players that affected multi year agreements and were not disclosed to the league. Agreements included a combination of compensation and benefits reflected in the standard player agreement, excess benefits that were neither reported to the league nor included in the standard player agreement. Basically, I guess it was nil and the nwsl due to the undisclosed benefits, ACFC exceeded the salary kept by approximately fifty grand for four weeks during the twenty twenty four season, fined two hundred thousand dollars a three point deduction in the standings, effective immediately. Julie Yeerman, President and CEO, and Angela Heuclusmungano GM are suspended, effective immediately, from conducting duties relating to any player transactions for the remainder of the twenty twenty four calendar year. In addition, the NWSLB conducting annual investigation and audits a player spending across clubs to ensure compliance with league rules, and then the NWSL says that they remain committed to maintaining fairness and transparency across all clubs, reinforcing the importance of adhering to the established rules and upholding the competitive balance within the league. So I guess ACFC tried to go nil and got busted because you can't quite do that.
Speaker 2: That's that's bad.
Speaker 1: So a team not making the playoffs, as Bart says, got found for busting for breaking salary rules and got deducted another three points. Thanks for coming by.
Speaker 6: You know, it's not an excuse at all.
Speaker 3: But like.
Speaker 6: When I see things like this happen, especially like this one, Yeah, it just feels like like somebody genuinely just made a mistake, Like because we know there's there's other little you know, bits and pieces and places that you can make you know, extra income. Lino MESSI and I don't I'll be the first to say, I don't know how like all that has to be reported in what kind of channels they have to go through, But like it just feels like somebody missed a zero somewhere.
Speaker 2: Do it as an nil deal man?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. I mean it's I will say, then WSL for every it seems like for for every like issue that they've had with the club. For the most part, they they lay down the hammer pretty pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. That is absolutely true.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it looks like next week we are going to be hearing from In addition to our normal batch of folks, we have we have a name for the new franchise in Northwest Arkansas in the USL. They are now going to be called Ozark United FC.
Speaker 2: They are no longer.
Speaker 1: USL n w A and Gordon Soley might have something to say about that by the time we're done, but they are now Ozark United FC, or our friends in Northwest Arkansas that are helping out our friends at the Marshall Islands. So it is now officially Ozark Night at f C jared with Northwest Arkansas in the USL.
Speaker 3: I look forward to.
Speaker 9: Inevitably getting involved in some of the rivalries that exists there in like the Arkansas Mississippi area, and it's kind of not talked.
Speaker 2: About enough mmmmm.
Speaker 1: But so yeah, they had a big they had a big to do in a big reveal, so there now it was our y unit at f C and uh, I'm gonna go probably and buy my USL and w A gear Uh, Tyler, what else you're looking at for the weekend?
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter, Where, doesn't matter, who, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What else are you looking forward to this weekend?
Speaker 6: Just hoping there's something good to see at the Bens tomorrow. That's the biggest thing. We'll be there, we'll be doing. Yeah, it's just just how it goes.
Speaker 1: Most likely to swag sir for Atlanta United in a situation like that, be whom.
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's it. Voting as closed, that's it.
Speaker 2: Uh mm hmmm.
Speaker 6: No, uh, that's it for me. I mean we we like we've got our shows, uh tomorrow before and after.
Speaker 2: You go out, where are you going to be in the building or at Sidney or what are you doing?
Speaker 6: No, No, we'll be just doing our normal pre match thing from the press box and then our three takeaways after and then watching whatever happens in the ninety minutes in between, and hoping it's a good thing, hoping that the locker room is much less somber than it was Wednesday.
Speaker 2: All right, Jared, what else are you staring at this weekend?
Speaker 3: Oh man? Just and we'll keep an eye around the league. We'll see what the playoff looks like. You'll you'll be seeing it as the night goes on, as we get into the emotional highs and lows of how it goes. You know what, Atlanta gets an early lead, do you get? How excited do you get? You check other scores around the league, see how much it matters. I'll be keeping an eye on that.
Speaker 10: We're not having anything to do with Sunday with the Falcons. Not that the Falcons are normal, no, dont no, Yeah, I mean I want to see how much, how much how much of Auburn's blood UGA.
Speaker 3: Can paint the field with.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh and Abby's you can be so angry. It's the Halloween candy game as well. Absolutely true, Yes, absolutely true. All right, So it's going to be a full It's gonna be a full day on a bunch of different fronts. Tonight is high school football. Be there to support your favorite clubs. Be there tomorrow morning to support your favorite clubs leading into tomorrow night. Be careful with the tailgating. Pace yourself. It's supposed to be a nice day tomorrow, so pay yourself to your tail game.
Speaker 3: Just I'm just happy we're back to Friday nights because last week I had to do a Saturday game. Yeah, the Friday night lights on Saturday morning does not hit the same way. No it does not.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it does not.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so at Atl pilgrimat Scarves the letter in Spikes, where else do folks pay attention.
Speaker 6: Tyler Scarves and Bikes dot com and the YouTube's and the YouTube and the YouTube that is definitely the main one.
Speaker 2: Yes, So it's great as always.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming on two days after your normal and dropping by for like an hour and a half and seeing what's going on with all of us here.
Speaker 2: So that's the review, getting you ready for the weekend.
Speaker 1: He's Tyler, He's Jared, And so I'm gonna see if I can actually pull this off this time and actually send us out appropriately. But it's going to be a two step process because you know, first and foremost what we always have to do. We have to listen to the proper greeting for the weekend. For Tyler, For Jared, I'm John. We're out enjoyed everybody. We will see you at the Benz, We'll see you all over the place. First, it was time to remember war was.
Speaker 11: On the keys on the typewriter had sharp points that keep pat sticking into our fingers. The dictating equipment starting asking us questions, and our papers sent electric shocks just threw our body like a cattle prod.
Speaker 3: I'm in the warehouse.
Speaker 11: The trucks kept banging into the docks.
Speaker 8: Not even thinking about stopping. Our frail bodies were strapped to the chairs.
Speaker 2: And our chairs were chained to the desks.
Speaker 8: Our please for justice were ignored, and the end seemed near. But we busted our save drivers, little bitty balls. We've changed high their break fortress to the streets. Are harsty gods. Yes, Friday, Friday, Fayday.