Speaker 1: This Is Later with Lee Matthews, The Lee Matthews Podcast more what You Hear Weekday after do Is on the Drive.
Speaker 2: Danny Treyhoe has built a successful career in Hollywood, known for his distinctive roles in films like Desperado, Heat From Dusk Till Dawn, con Air, Spy Kids, and Matchette, also TV roles and Son of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, The Flash, and many more. He's also expanded into the literary world and cookbooks. But now he's lending his voice to a character in a new feature film, Gracie and Pedro Pets to the Rescue in theaters this weekend. Danny Trejo, I never pictured you as a cat, A.
Speaker 3: Cat with big teeth. Yes, wait, gave me teeth?
Speaker 2: Was there a big difference doing voice work than being in front of the camera.
Speaker 3: But it's a lot easier. You're gonna get the new makeup. It's just there praying for your voice. I hope you don't change it. A lot of actors go in and try to change their voice and got hired for your You know if they say you don't do it like a dug, okay, well you're it's different.
Speaker 2: But but you just used your voice. You didn't go in there thinking you needed to talk like a cat.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, respond to.
Speaker 2: Gracie and Pedro. What is the what's the central plot here? You're a cat who's kind of an alley cat, right.
Speaker 3: The plot is the cat and the dog get lost and the trip and they get it separated and they're on a journey home. The fish he's like the smart guy, you know, Lawrence Fishbowl And I know Lawrence, that's gonna be fun Lawrence Fishball anyway, and this is it. It's like he's all smart mouth throughout the film. And I mean, we got like Silverstone and she's awesome and uh Sarandon, Yeah movie.
Speaker 2: You got a Yeah, You've got a lot of great stars in this, Alicia Silverstone, al Franken, also Brooks Shields. I never thought brook Shields would lend her voice to a cartoon character.
Speaker 3: Yes, Brooks Shields is so cool and she's well she got started like thirteen years old. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then it was so funny because I remember that movie and it was such a controversy about it because she was going through and there was nothing even sexual about No.
Speaker 2: No, I'd say pretty Baby was more exploitive than that, and you hardly heard about that one. Yeah, we're talking to Danny Trejo. You know him from a lot of different things. You usually played kind of a rough and tumble character, so this is a this is a more lovable character for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, well you know what I'm getting. I'm getting recognized more for cartoons now than any and and tacos.
Speaker 2: What is the secret to a good taco? Danny? What is the secret to a good taco?
Speaker 3: Hey? We all we all have to say a prayer for uh uh uh Fernando Venezuela. He's in the hospital right now.
Speaker 2: So oh yes, yes, certainly, uh, Gracie and Pedro Pets to the Rescue. It's in theaters this weekend, and it also stars uh Susan Sarandon Academy Award nominee, Bill Nye Brooks Shields and our good friend Danny Trejo. As far as tacos are concerned, what does it take to make a good taco?
Speaker 3: Hey? First of all, corndor Dia For me, I like the fresh hot fish. And you know, I can't tell you the secret sauce I have to kill you, okay, but uh, it's like you know, the Bob Fishtocco we've got is absolutely delicious and uh and all our topics we get five yikes every year or whatever you call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yell yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're doing well and we keep opening them up, so that means they're doing good.
Speaker 2: Well. We'll be looking for them, Danny Trey home. We'll also be looking for your movie Gracie and Pedro, which is Pets to the Rescue out now everywhere you get your films, and thank you for joining us.
Speaker 3: And Oklahoma City that's right by, uh, that's right by uh the Texas border, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're about an hour yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Because you've got a big casino there that I was gonna put a restaurant in that casino.
Speaker 2: Yes, and h.
Speaker 3: That's where we filmed. Uh we filmed seven seven Cemetery.
Speaker 2: Oh okay yeah, WinStar Casino in Thackerville. Yes, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: God bless shall.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Later with Lee Matthews, the Lee Matthews Podcast, and remember to listen to The Drive Live weekday afternoons from five to seven and iHeartMedia Presentation