Speaker 1: God Well.
Speaker 2: Channeling is dinner clerk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 3: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 4: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 5: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Think you're looking real hot.
Speaker 6: Come and get it.
Speaker 7: We're here.
Speaker 5: The road comes through La.
Speaker 4: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it. Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 5: It best overall?
Speaker 4: Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 5: Fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 8: Ring.
Speaker 6: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Tap. Now your host walking you up to first pitch. Tim Kas What a day in La.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and we'll welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show as your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers forty five and twenty nine on the season. Dodgers with a three and a half game lead in the West. Dodgers winners of four in a row. They look to keep it going against San Diego in game three of this four game set. Emmett Shean, fresh off the injured list, gets the start for the Dodgers first pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 4: Between then and now.
Speaker 2: We got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup and what the return of Emmett she it means for the Dodgers. We'll talk to David Vase say, of course, we'll get to hear from Max Munsey Dodger Third Basement. We got your Dodgers magical moment. A big day in LA as the Lakers majority stake was sold to.
Speaker 4: Dodger owner Mark Walter.
Speaker 2: Yes, so now he takes over the two biggest franchises in the world of American sports with the Dodgers and the Lakers.
Speaker 4: More on that coming up.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Course the Gallpin Motors broadcast both well. Last night got a little heated out of Dodgers Stadium between the Dodgers and Padres who says this isn't a rivalry the Dodgers. With the bullpen game, Jack Dryer got the start. He gave up an RBI single in the first. As the Dodgers were down one to nothing. In this second, they tied it up thanks to Max Munseys sack fly.
Speaker 4: Later, Andy pi has game the lead. Here's the pitch. Pi has belts at left field. This bull's hit hard. We'll it stay up.
Speaker 9: It is gone.
Speaker 3: Andy Potts with a bullet gives the Dodgers the lead. Home run number fourteen for Andy pottersin't it got.
Speaker 4: Out in a hurry, two to one la.
Speaker 2: Andy Pi has with the home run, his fourteenth of the season.
Speaker 4: Dodgers up two to one.
Speaker 2: In the third, the Padres would retake the lead as they are up three to two. Cavin Sheets the sack fly gave them the one run lead, and the bottom of the fourth, Andy Pi haz added again. He tied it at three thanks to a solo home run second of the game, his fifteenth of this season, his first multi hit home run game if the regular season in his career. Dodgers and Padres tied at three. Things got a little heated in the third inning. Fernando to Tez Junior was hit in the top half of the third inning, and in the bottom of the third show Hey O'tani got plunked not cool, not cool at all. Dave Roberts was ejected from the game. It was tied at three going to the sixth inning, when the Dodgers would have one of those big innings, and it started off with Will Smith.
Speaker 9: So the Dodgers have the goal ahead run in scoring position with nobody out.
Speaker 4: In the sixth the pass bowl.
Speaker 9: The twelfth pitch to Smith, swung on and built it high in the air left field, carrying back.
Speaker 6: That is good.
Speaker 4: Battle four, Battle one for Smith.
Speaker 9: This tie is broken in the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers lead five three, Will Smith with a two run home run. That fight was a twelveth pitch fight between Jeremiah Estrada and Will Smith, and on the twelfth pitch a fastball, Will Smith takes it deep a two run shot Dodgers of five to three, and he Pa has an RBI single. Tommy Edmit a two run double. A five run sixth inning for the Dodgers last night, they go on and beat the Padres eight to six. Matt Sower gets the win. He's now two to one Tanners Scott don't look now eight appearances since his hiccup against the Mets on June second. He's got a win now. In four saves fourteen saves total on the season. Dodgers get the win, their fourth straight, three and a half games up on San Francisco in the Division, five games up of the Padres in the Division. They've taken four or five so far from San Diego, and they look to do it again tonight. First pitch at seven to ten, and of course, the top tair play the game brought to you by Arcoal, the top tier gasp he lies and who is top tier? Emmett She and his top tier prospect a couple of years ago coming back from Tommy John surgery, and he makes his twenty twenty five debut tonight and with more we head out to the gallopin Butters broadcast booth as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Thank you Tim Kats.
Speaker 9: Another sunny one to hear at Dodgers Stadium is the Dodgers and Padres get ready for Game three of four. A win tonight would mean five in or Roero overall for the Dodgers, but most importantly a series win. Emmett She and welcome back to the major leagues. He'll pitch against Stephen Kolik, but before we get into tonight, MO it's a special anniversary in Dodger Land. It's the anniversary of course of Clayton Kershaw's no hitter.
Speaker 7: You know, and it's appropriate that we revisit that, especially since he is back into the full and as the starting pitcher. But you start to look at his career, I mean, the numbers are absolutely off the charts and what he has been able to do, if you know, the last time out picked up the win. So his career win just continue to go up and up and up, and he really sends the tone and if I'm a young pitcher, I want to be able to shadow him every time he goes to the mound every time he goes just to work out, because obviously what he has done in his career has worked, and he's had to evolve as the arsenal has changed, the health has diminished, he has found different ways to prevent runs.
Speaker 9: That's all it is with Clayton Kershaw. It's run prevention. He's done it better than anybody in the history of the game. And so that's why his teammates, especially because they have a front row seat. Really every pitcher in the major leagues right now should look at Clayton Kershaw and say, all right, I don't need to throw one hundred and ten percent every pitch. I don't have to throw one hundred miles per hour from anyone to inning five. I can figure out how to get outs and reinvent myself to get the job done. Like it really is mind blowing to watch him over these last couple starts of particular and to look around the game and kind of scratch your head, like, how is nobody else trying? Obviously he's a supreme talent, but just the way he approaches the game, I think pitchers need to learn from that.
Speaker 7: Well, He's he's a master at the mechanical part of pitching. He also is a master at understanding how to pitch. And by that I'm talking about, Okay, how do you assume you're going to get this hitter out? Is he a fast ball hit or is he breaking ball hitter? What do I have that particular night, and what do you have in that particular inning? Because if we think back with Kershaw came back this year, did not really have a good curve ball at all, but he kept trying to mix it in occasionally, and then he mixed it in again, and then finally a Bingo different game.
Speaker 9: And last outing that curveball was back, and he pitches with the same sort of fire and passion for the game. There's certainly a lot of fire in this series, Tim, as you well know, with all the hit by pitches we've seen between the Dodgers and Padres, and not just this series, with the last one in San Diego seven hit batters in five games played. We will see what happens here tonight, but I think the bigger thing we're interested to see is how Emmettchen looks in his twenty twenty five season debut. We'll get into that and a couple more keys the next time we visit with you.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot and Elli.
Speaker 2: Yet, things have been heated so far in this series sand down South in San Diego, but the Dodgers have won four of those five matchups. As we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shakey's Pizza parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza chick in Emojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We check in with David Vasay, our Dodger insider. Of course we'll tell you deeper to this Spitchain matchup.
Speaker 4: But I'm next.
Speaker 2: Youre O Tani rewyd and we visit with sports and at Las Kirsten Watson. So lead you up to Dodgers and Padres first pitch on this Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Set for seven to ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Padres, Game three of this four game set. Image Sheen makes his return after Tommy John surgery, missing twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: He is back and ready to go.
Speaker 2: Perfect timing for a Dodger starting rotation that needs more healthy arms. Image Sheen on the mound first pitch at seventeen.
Speaker 6: This is the Otani rewhy.
Speaker 2: Well showy Otani last night's pretty quiet at the plate. Offensively as the Dodgers designated hitter and leadoff hitter last night. The Dodgers, though, would come back twice trailing the Padres, including a five run sixth inning capped off by Tommy Emmon to run double. Dodgers beat the Padres last night again eight to six.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson Kierson.
Speaker 2: Now Joints is from the stadium, brought to by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids Right now Fritley agents are standing by to take your donations. That's Cars with the K to donate your car. Today the Dodgers and the Padres facing off for this sixth time already.
Speaker 4: In the last week.
Speaker 2: Dodgers have won four of the five previous matchups, including a thriller last night that saw Dave Roberts getting checked in a couple of players get thrown out, including showy O Todi. But we move forward to tonight because it's a big game for the Dodgers, starting to separate themselves in the division from the Giants and the Padres. And for Immachian, he's back on the mound. This is a guy I think Herson Dodger fans maybe have forgotten about.
Speaker 4: He's only twenty five and he's back, I know, and you.
Speaker 10: Have to think about like, we do not have to go two years back to when we saw him come out from what I believe it was double A and we saw him have his major league debut and he was excellent and then unfortunately just the time was short in due to having to have Tommy Johns surgery, but he made an impression and back then, so now you add two years, he's been excellent in his rehab outings and those starts. He's put on a bit more muscle, he's more physical, Like, this is a guy who's just it's the natural just progression of getting older and maturing. He's spilling out his body. But the stuff looks really, really good. And so he came into spring training this year and was in his throwing program and was very adamant that he felt by like midsummer he was going to be ready to be back. And he has shown just that and also comes at a timing where you know, yes, we do have quite a few arms who are on the injured list. So for today, for Emmachian, he's excited, Dave Roberts is excited. They've been really impressed with just the stuff that they've been seeing from him. He's been he's got that elevated fastball and it played really well pre Tommy John and Dave was saying that from what he's been seeing in the rehab starts, whether it's in the bullpens, things like that, he's noticed that that ball, he can command it even better, it's holding its velocity. And so for today, they do want to see him at that like sixty to seventy five pitch count range because similar to you know, whether it's a show Hey or Tawny or someone like Ben Casparius, he is still technically building up. His last rehab start. He did not get through four and that was the hope for him. So they are going to be mindful with that. But they also have to take into consideration the bullpen usage is a bit high right now. We've seen six or more pitchers coming out of the bull or excuse just being used in the last three games. So they do want to push him, but also respect that this is his first start since coming off the il, and so each pitch is going to have a little bit more intensity, a little bit more excitement behind him.
Speaker 2: Speaking of intensity, this series has been intense down in San Diego.
Speaker 4: Dodgers took two of three.
Speaker 2: And they've taken the first two games so far of this four game set up at Dodger Stadium. Kirsten, we appreciate it. We'll talk to you after the game. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vat Sag goes one on one with Max Bunzi. But up next we get you an injury report and we hear for the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's a Dodger and Padres first pitch at seven ten. I've Tim Kates is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 5: On deech.
Speaker 6: On your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday night. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers of Padres Marongo Casino Resort and spot a grand slam for good times. Immit she and makes his return Tommy John surgery May of twenty twenty four. He is back, he is healthy and he is ready to go. First pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 6: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury report presented by UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers image she in his back his first start since September of twenty twenty three. Matt Sour got sent back to Triple A Oklahoma City. Tony Gonsol on the il Tyler Glass now Blake Snell both throwing. Luis Garcia is thrown through a sim game a couple of days ago at Dodger Stadium, Blake trying and throw a bullpen session a few days ago at Dodger Stadium as well, and Roki Sasaki is throwing on the side. So there's the latest Dodgers injury news. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium as we check in with the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: Questions for Dave.
Speaker 4: Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 11: The dugouts with Dave Robberts, I expecting to come out emotions good. I think that he does a good job like a lot of our guys as far as kind of hiding your emotions. But I think that there'll be some butterflies in there, as there should be. This is a big moment from it. He's had a long road to get back to pitching and pitching in a big league ball game. My expectation is for him to be on the attack. We're obviously taxed in the pen, so we need some length out of him, and so he's got the stuff to go out there and just attack these guys and kind of see where the game's at.
Speaker 7: Does that mean as he.
Speaker 10: Kind of gets closer to that maybe sixty pitch down, where do you.
Speaker 6: Want to see where he's at?
Speaker 1: The ovis you keep fishing grow?
Speaker 11: Yeah? I think that's that's right. I think somewhere between the sixty seventy pitch mark is kind of where we see him, you know, giving his first start back.
Speaker 12: Did you catch what should had to say after the game last night? You referenced lu Trevino hitting Tattis last Tuesday and then again last night, and you kind of, you know, reference that may have been the precipitus to autonomy hit.
Speaker 11: What would be your reaction to the that's yeah, you know what, I don't know. I did hear those words. And it's interesting because you know there is an intent part of it versus you know, a player getting hit not intentionally, right, and just to kind of go back and I'll be brief is we're not going to and Trevino to hit a right hand hitter. That's why he's in there to try to get the right hand hitter out right, We're not trying it the first hit of the game. So he's a sinker ball guy. He lost it, but as he did say, it never feels good. So yeah, if you do pitch inside, you still got a pitch. And side was not just hitting guys, So I absolutely respect.
Speaker 1: That, but.
Speaker 11: That's kind of where we're at on that. And I can honestly say none of the guys that were hit by them by us was with any intent, not at all.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's a manager Dave Roberts certainly a lot of talk about all the hits batman in this first five games between the Dodgers and Padres of this season.
Speaker 4: That is Dave Roberts down the dug out.
Speaker 2: While we continue here, we will check out with David Vasa get all the latest. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Padres. Image Sheen is back. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim kase Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 13: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Padres. Emma Sheen and Stephen Kollach to pitching matchup. First pitch from Dodger Stadium was coming up at.
Speaker 6: Seven, joining Tim Kaits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 14: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 6: This is Dodger insider David Basse, all right, DV.
Speaker 4: They've played five times already.
Speaker 2: Seven guys have got hitten by pitch in these flash five games. Last night and three different guys get paiged because on Dave Roberts get ejected from the game.
Speaker 4: Do you expect any spillover tonight?
Speaker 14: Well, the only way that there won't be any spillover is if the umpires won both benches before first pitch, which is a possibility. But my understanding, just talking to both sides today, they believe that it's over with what we saw last night and there shouldn't be any spillover. And even after the game last night, Padres manager Mike Shildt kind of alluded to the reason why the Padres may have hit Otani intentionally last night.
Speaker 8: Things happening in baseball. You know, I mean, you know, guys are trying to pitch in, guys are looking at make quality pitches. You know, Trevino got Toddy and opened the game when he when he was the opener in the game at our place, and you know he got him again today, and you know, I didn't feel real good, and you know, I'm just trying to make quality pitches and you know, fight for the inner half for the play and Paul got away from Basque, So I understand that they have to do it at that point. And you know, there wasn't any complaint for my side.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sounds a little suspicious to me.
Speaker 14: And I spoke to Lou Trevino before the game today and he said, look, I got a pitch inside of right handed hitters, and I've only hit one one hitter in the last four years. So I understand how it appears and why Mike Shildt and Fernando Tatists Junior may not be happy with me, considering that I've hit him.
Speaker 5: Twice in the last week.
Speaker 14: But it's certainly not intentional, and even talking to some of Travino's teammates, they also told me that it was absolutely unintentional.
Speaker 2: David has brought to you by the twenty twenty five four f one fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see Ford in a new light, take advantage of employee pricing through the end of June. Any word, David on when show hey Otani will take them out again and pitch.
Speaker 14: Dave Roberts said, even though o'tani was hit last night, that would not prevent him from pitching as scheduled. Now what is as scheduled? Still no clear date on when that's going to be. But like I mentioned yesterday, Tim, it's either going to be Sunday or Tuesday. Sunday here at Dodgers Stadium or Tuesday in Denver, and we'll have to see which day Dodgers announced, but those would be on the once a week schedule, David.
Speaker 2: The big story here in Los Angeles certainly Dodgers padres Dodgers' first place in the NL West, but Mark Walter, Dodger owner, is buying a majority of the Lakers from the buzz family. I heard you on with a five seventy LA Sports earlier talking about this.
Speaker 14: This is a big deal, huge deal, and as it was with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: It's not just about the team.
Speaker 14: But Dave Roberts said that Mark Walter wants to win, and that's evident because his actions and the way he has invested so much in the roster and into the stadium says it all, and the Lakers can expect the same. This wasn't even a surprise because it was more of an win than if this would happen if you were paying attention going back to twenty twenty one when he bought a portion of the Lakers from Philip ennshoots that also included the first rider refusal to be able to buy the majority steak of the Lakers if the Bus family decided to sell. Well, they all decided to sell, and Mark Walter said absolutely.
Speaker 2: That is awesome certainly for Laker fans. But uh, we've seen what thing to do with the Dodgers and maybe they can turn things.
Speaker 4: Around for the Purple Local.
Speaker 2: David, we appreciate it coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. David'll be back on one on one with Max Muncy that's coming up in fifteen minutes. We'll dive deeper in this matchup as well with Image. She and back on the mound for the first time since twenty twenty three. But I'm next sure Dodgers Magical Moment.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: We're leading you up to Dodgers and Padres on this Wednesday night. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Padres, Game three. In this four game sent from Dodger Stadium image, Sheen is back just in time. Dodgers needed some more starting pitching. He's back on the mound, coming back from Tommy John surgery. Stephen Kollik will go for San Diego first pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 15: I know it's had a ball nine without a hot dog.
Speaker 5: Who wants a hot God.
Speaker 6: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. It's Magical Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: It's June eighteenth, eleven years ago. On this day, June eighteenth, twenty fourteen, Dodgers taking on the Colorado Rockies out at the Ravine a night Dodger fans and Clayton Kershaw will always remember no balls.
Speaker 15: Two strikes, two outs, fourteen strikeouts for Kershaw. Corey Dickerson is the batter. Here comes the oh two swung on and miss, strike three and a no hitter. On the fifteenth strikeout of the game, Clayton Kershaw about.
Speaker 5: To be mobbed by his teammates. The Dodgers win ate nothing.
Speaker 15: The greatness of Clayton Kershaw shown up yet again, another sparkling chapter in the career of Clayton Edward Kershaw.
Speaker 2: Clayton Kershaw on this day in twenty fourteen, eleven years ago, throwing in no hitter against.
Speaker 4: The Colorado Rockies.
Speaker 2: This Hofey magical moment brought to I Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we come back here on Rogo Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll check back hand with Rick Monday lead you up to first pitch on this Wednesday night, Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers padres Image Shean is back for the Dodgers. Get his start first once in September of twenty twenty three, back from Tommy John surgery activated off this sixty day. I l that first pitch is coming up at seven ten times now for the Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan, Dodger fans? How about start your future at a California community college. Financial aid's available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes get a fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 6: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 14: Rick, what a game last night between two teams that obviously don't have a lot of love lossimes.
Speaker 7: I were tested for you, David, did you walk away to the bruise?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 7: Luckily you're the only one that was not hit. There have been some guys that have been plumped here and there and what have you. I'm still okay. I don't think it is going to happen. I doubt if there's an even a warning for both sides. When the line of cards are being distributed today at home plate, it might be but a big, big deal. I didn't think was overboard or anything like that. What I did think was overboard was some of the umpiring last night. For the life of me, I don't understand how during the middle of a play, and I'm talking about the play that there was a throw to Tease Junior was going to second base. He was there, there was a tag attempted. The ball came out of Mookie Ben's glove as the throw was coming in from the outfield and at the time, as it turns out, to Tease thought he had been called out, so he walks off the bag. He gets tagged. The second base umpire, who happens to be at the crew chief, calls him out. But the home played umpire for some unexplainable reason, and they never did address it last night. But I'm going to I dressed it last night.
Speaker 5: I was hot.
Speaker 7: I thought about it. I'm still a little bit hot because the home played umpire, while the ball was still in play, decided that he wanted to put a new baseball into play, and he called time out for that reason. It was not it was not needed. He was out of turn. That's my story until I hear an official word from someone that's an official. I know Brian Gorman was here last night for a major league umpire and a great one, and now as an umpire supervisor. Why on earth the home played umpire was trying to put a new ball into play while there was still something going on, was in my mind unnecessary and there's no excuse for it.
Speaker 14: You know, somebody brought this up to me, and you always explain this. You may ask for time, but it may not always be granted exactly. And the second base umpire never granted time to Fernando Tatist Junior. No, never did the two most heads up players on the field last night during that sequence of events, to me, where Will Smith and Tommy.
Speaker 7: Edmon Well In looking at the replay again, I didn't understand it live and then looking at the replay, evidently there were only two people there were last night fifty one thousand, five hundred and fifty five plus you've got twenty six players on both sides. Only two people in the ballpark knew that time had been called by the home plane umpire. That was a home plate umpire himself, Ryan Blakeney and Will Smith, And I don't know how audible it was the time out, but why on earth are you stopping play because you want to put a new baseball into play? To me, that was more he tells us still a little hot.
Speaker 14: Well rightfully, so Rick, to me, that was more egregious than anything we saw.
Speaker 7: There's another thing. There's another thing too, And I do know the Major League Baseball it's a work in progress. But the umpires are all miked. You know, they had they had microphones with them. They can go ahead and transmit communication back and forth to New York. They could also make public announcements. Why do we still have fifty five thousand people here not know what's going on as far as what the umpires are doing on the field when they are equipped to make the call correctly. If people will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's the only major sport to where the officials do not communicate with everyone and let them know what's going.
Speaker 5: On without a doubt.
Speaker 14: And that was supposed to be something that changed going into the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, they do it in the NFL and the NAH.
Speaker 7: Okay, so I'll get off this soapbox. But all in all I thought last night was it was a very good game. I think quite frankly, the series between these two teams has been entertaining, to say the least, and I expect that tonight. I'm really happy as you are too for Image and Who's it's been a long road back, and it's been since the twenty seventh of September twenty twenty three since he was last on the mound. He's worked hard. Really happy for him to be back on the mountains.
Speaker 5: Great guy, easy, gotta root for it.
Speaker 7: See very similar to you, David.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 5: We'll leave it right there. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks lot, guys still to come here. I'm wrong with Casino. Dodgers on deck before first fitch, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup Rick, we'll be back with Steven Nelson. We'll get you the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight. Max Munsey's on fire lately at the plate. Well here from maximum we returned Dodgers and Padres. First pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Lead you up to the first pitch from Dodger Stadium. Dodgers and the Padres. Emmitt Sheen makes his return from Tommy John surgery. Activated off the sixty day IL Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen Sushi, made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs. It's perfect to enjoy before, during, and after the game with the whole family. It's tuna rules, spicy tuna roles, salmon rolls. They had all the roles, they got the platters, they got the poke bulls. Find Zen She near the deli counter at Ralph, So easy to find, you can't miss it. Zen she handcrafted sushi, precision, passionate tradition.
Speaker 4: You could taste. It's always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 6: This is high and tight.
Speaker 14: It's the Dodgers and Padres Round six, and we're joined right now by Dodger third baseman Max Munsey, Max, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, anytime.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 14: So you hadn't seen the Padres all season long, and now you're seeing them seven times within a week. How much does that contribute to the playoff feel? And maybe you know, obviously the intensity we've seen over the course of the last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, just like the whole last month, it's kind of felt like that's been our stretch. We were playing these teams back to back a bunch. You know, you talk about the Mets and you some of these other teams, we're seeing them a lot, and uh, you know, just over the last couple of weeks, we've played a lot of teams that are in first place, uh, you know, fighting for first place right around there, and so it's just been, uh, you know, it's been a tough couple of weeks. And then we get these guys, like you said, seven times in a week, and you know, it's always a lot of energy in these games, and it's a you know, it's been a fun atmosphere and you know, thankfully the atmosphere has been what it what it's been. Otherwise, you know, you know, with where we're at, right now, I'd be a little tough to get through the games.
Speaker 14: What was playing in last night's game, like it did feel like a playoff game, as you pointed out after it was three and a half hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, we it was a national TV game. We seem to be getting quite a lot of those recently. And you know when the national TV games they go to you know, three minutes in between innings instead of just the two minutes, and it's it's crazy how much just you know, it's eighteen minutes added on to the game right there. And then you know, they just feel so much longer. And you know, when you get used to having the you know, the new rules with the pitch clock and everything, the games just feel to go, you know, so much faster. You feel in rhythm, you don't feel like you sit around as much. And then you get the TV games and you feel like you're sitting around all the time all of a sudden, and you know, it just it just it's a it makes for a longer game.
Speaker 5: And last night was definitely.
Speaker 1: A really long game and you know, had a little bit of everything involved in it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, including Showhyotani being hit by Randy Vasquez, were you as surprised as a lot of us were to see him take not just one shot, but two shots to try to hit your star player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know I had last night. I said, I didn't think it was intentional. I just thought they were trying to get fastballs in on them, And going back and watching it, I might have a different opinion now, but you know, it's over with. It is what it is. We got another game today. Last night was last night. It doesn't have any effect on today's game at all. And so you know, that's how we've always approached things. You know, all year long. Today's the only day that matters. Nothing that happened previously matters at all, and nothing that's going to happen tomorrow matters. And you know, we got to get through today. We got to prepare for today, to do whatever we have to do to make sure we're prepared to go out there and win the game tonight.
Speaker 14: Max Munsey is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Padres. You alluded to the stretch of the schedule. Max, how aware were you and your teammates going into it, going back to the last time you played the Diamondbacks. You're about to finish up a twenty nine game stretch against playoff contenders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of us don't really pay attention to the schedule other than you know, where are we going on this upcoming road trip that kind of stuff. And you know, I think we were sitting there one of the games and on TV they showed what our schedule was upcoming, and a lot of guys were like, well, we got a gauntlet coming up, and you know, that's basically all the comments that were made. It was just like, oh, it's gonna be a tough stretch, but all right, here we go. We gotta get through it. And you know, every single game is tough. This is the major leagues. There's not I know, there's teams that have bad records, but there's no such thing as a bad team in the major leagues. These are the best players in the world. And on any given night, a pitcher can go out there and you know, throw seven innings, you know, easy, And on any given night, a pitcher can go out there and not make it out of the first It's you know, it's baseball. Things are gonna happen and you just got to find a way to get through it all.
Speaker 5: Max.
Speaker 14: I know everybody always focuses on offense, and you guys are the best offense in baseball, but you personally, it feels like the defense at third base only has become more consistent. But you're starting to make plays that we have seen you make the last.
Speaker 5: Couple of years. So what do you attribute that to?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 1: Hard work, getting on your every day me and Mookie, me and Miggey Row and you know, just continually talking about it. Getting knowledge about defense. I think that's a huge thing instead of just you know, learning how you're going about your work, what you're doing in your work, making each repue take purposeful and not just you know, Oh I'm going out there and I took thirty ground balls.
Speaker 5: I feel good.
Speaker 1: It's you know, how are you taking those thirty ground balls? How are you to you know, what are you doing to make those better? How are you preparing for it? And then the other thing is just getting confidence, you know, And that's something I've talked about a bunch, whether it's on offense, defense, whether you're on the mound. You know, if you don't have any confidence in yourself, it's hard to compete in this game, and you know, sometimes all it takes is one play to to swing that pendulum the other way. And you know, for me, it's just getting the confidence back in the defense. One of those things where I've I don't know how many times I've told you, I really feel like I can be a good defender. I feel like I have the actions a good defender. But you know, when you lose confidence, it's it's hard to really go out there and do what you've been practicing. And so for me, it's just getting a little confidence back.
Speaker 14: It seems like you do have that confidence. It feels like you're kind of not not just writing a swagger, but kind of at piece with the way that you're happy with your play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can always get better, you know, it's baseball. You can always you can always play better. But uh uh, you know that's I think that's what makes this game so loving and frustrating at the same time, is you know you're never going to be perfect in this game, even though you try to attain it every single day, And you know, and that's that's the beauty of it, and that's the things that's that's some of the things that I've learned from my teammates over the years. When you talk about the guys that I've played with, whether it's Kershaw or Albert or you know, Matt Camp, all these guys they play for, you know, all these years, and all of them say there's always things you can learn and always things you can get better at.
Speaker 5: And you know it's the truth.
Speaker 1: Every single day you can learn something new and you can do something better, and you know that's that's the end goal is to try to get as much knowledge as you can and keep getting better every single day.
Speaker 14: Thanks a lot for the time, Max. Always love catching up with you and keep it going.
Speaker 1: Of course, Thanks David.
Speaker 14: There he goes mighty Max Moncy and he'll receive a gift card to Travis Matthew.
Speaker 5: Travis S.
Speaker 14: Matthew Apparel designed for confidence and comfort no matter where the day takes you.
Speaker 5: Travis S. Matthew has you covered.
Speaker 14: This is Travismatthew dot com and received twenty percent off your first order when you sign up for email, Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks a lot, DV. Thank you Max. Great insight there. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 4: When it's game night, it's grout night at Shankys dot com.
Speaker 2: Or lead you up to first pitch on this Wednesday Dodgers and the Podres. First pitch coming up at seven ten. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Well we come back, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: Tim kas is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Geez, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunted on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Padres Game three. In this four game set, first pitch coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching match up.
Speaker 2: He's hit about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Twenty eight year old right hander Stephen Kollak on the mound for the Padres three and two three point fifty era, making his ninth start tonight, his second start against the Dodgers, his fifth overall appearance against them in the last two years. Emmett she And is back, twenty five year old right handers six round pick in twenty twenty one out of Boston College, reinstanding from the sixty day il today had Tommy John surgery in May of last year. Making his first start since September of twenty twenty three, he made a couple of minor league rehabs starts in rookie ball up to triple A eleven and the third innings, striking out almost half the batters he faced tonight, his first time facing the Padres.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, em and she and Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Padres were fifteen minutes away for first bitch keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim kase Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 4: Tap on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 2: All season long, Dodgers and Padres damage.
Speaker 4: She and Is back.
Speaker 2: As the Dodgers continue this homestand with the boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right game plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. It's fireworks seasons, so make sure you're always practicing fireworks safety. Use safe insane fireworks that displayed the California State Fire Marshall Seal. Always read the directions and ensure fireworks are only lit by adults. Please never use fireworks in your dry grass or other flammable materials. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CA dot gov. All right, back out to Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 9: Game three of four between these two teams, and the Dodgers trying to clinch this four game series and make it five wins in a row right now. They enter Wednesday with their largest division lead of the season, three and a half games above the San Francisco Giants. We're at home again tonight against Cleveland here at Dodger Stadium. Rick Monday, It's the return of Emmett Sheehan. We saw him a couple of years ago in twenty twenty three. Miss all of last season. He was on the injury list with a shoulder issue and then the elbow ultimately led to Tommy John. He has worked his way back and now he's got a chance to return to the Major League Mountain.
Speaker 7: This is a special knight for the old man. Yeah, and he's going to be able to fight control emotion. I don't know how much he's going to fight, if it may be some semblance of controllus been September twenty seventh, twenty twenty three, the last time on the mount in Major League Ballpark, and then that Tommy John surgery. So Dave Roberts is saying, look, hopefully he'll be somewhere between sixty and seventy pitches in today's game. But if we look back to what he was able to do in twenty three coming back up, you know, eleven starts in a couple of relief appearances, he really developed into a guy that not only running the fastball by some people, but also that breaking stuff on top of it. He did give up some home run. We'll find out what happens on that end of it. But really happy for Sheen because any pitcher that goes through it, you're wondering first of all about your livelihood and your dreams. And he fought through that, had wonderful surgery rehabs, and now well the curtain goes up for Sheen.
Speaker 9: I spent some time with them Camel back in spring training when obviously he was still very much in the middle of the rehab process. He's put on a lot of size. I mean, he was just inhaling protein when we were chatting and he was isn't such a good spot. And I think we want to take this moment to remind people. And back in twenty twenty three, when Emmitt Sheen came up talking to some people in the front office, they said that Emmett Sheen's fastball was you could argue was the best pitch in the entire organization. I mean, you think about all the talent that they had even two years ago. They've certainly added to it since then, but just that one pitch. And so now obviously you're coming off surgery, so things are going to change somewhat. But that just speaks to the ability that he has and I can't wait to watch Himah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think the fastball, if we go back in the memory bank, surprised a lot of hitters. It got on him in a hurry, and it was something that's not easy to hit on the flip side. Dodgers is going to figure out Colick, who originally signed with the Dodgers out of Texas and m and here's the young man. If you look at him first inning, he's had problems at three to zero three average ERA almost eight in the first inning. The first pitch in the batt is three eighty five. But once he gets settled into a ballgame, he's been very, very difficult. In fact, he's not allowed to earn run in four of his eight starts this year.
Speaker 9: It'll be Stephen Kolik, former Dodger draft pick, against Emmitt she and another Dodger draft pick. She and the sixteenth different starting pitcher to toe the rubber this season for the Dodgers, the most in Major League Baseball, and he is the ball trying to lead them to a series win. Timp, we'll get it.
Speaker 2: Back to you, all right, first Pitch'll we come back and join everybody. It's been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck by here on your world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network