Speaker 1: And now your host of Dodger Talk, Tim kakes Dodgers victorious in Texas on this Easter Sunday. They get a one nothing shutout over the Rangers thanks to Freddie Freeman's sack fly in the eighth innan bringing home Will Smith, who let off the inning with a single as the Dodgers take two to three in Arlington. And they're now sixteen and seven overall in this season. And the Dodgers now have won five of their last six after taking two to three in Arlington. Now they'll head to Chicago for the remainder of this five game road trip Tuesday and Wednesday at rick Leyfield. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is our number here on this Easter Sunday edition of post game Dodger Talk. Eight six six nine eighty seven to two five seventy. Got a line open if you want to jump on board. We're gonna hear from Dave Roberts and Ben Casparius coming up throughout Dodger Talk here on this Sunday afternoon. But be a part of the show Dodger fans at eight six nine eighty seven to two five seventy. Couple of big story lines from this game today, and really this series is all bit about pitching and starting pitching and how good it has been on both sides between the Texas Rangers and the Dodgers. And today another great pitching matchup with Tyler Molly from Westminster High School. He goes out there and pitches seven shutout innings, allowed two hits while striking out four. Went toe to toe with Tyler Glass Now, who was really good for the Dodgers for four innings, no runs, three hits, six strikeouts, one walk. He was very efficient throwing fifty two pitches, but in the fourth inning, cramping began to bother him out on the mound, and our own Rick Monday noticed it first and mentioned it here on the telecast or the broadcast that it was an issue, and Dave Roberts Dodger training staff went out to look at Tyler glass Now who was in discomfort. He waved them off after talking to them. Finished got out of it with the fly ball out and the third and the fourth three straight punchouts for Tyler Glass Now goes back out in the top half of the fifth inning, and I have to wonder if the short top of the fifth for the Dodgers. Five pitch inning is all they needed to get out of the top half of the fifth inning. Going quickly in order led to Tyler Glassnow not being able to get rid of those cramps or take a gel or a banana or pickle juice or whatever he needed to do to stop the cramping because it was a five pitch top of the fifth and back out came Tyler Glassnow through one pitch to Jake Berger and that was it. Had to come out of the game because of cramping in his legs, and it's something that's bothered him over his career with the Dodgers. Last year we saw it in Toronto where he had cramping had to leave the game early. It reared its ugly head again today. Unfortunately for Tyler Glassnow, who was really pitching well for four shutout innings through one pitch in the fifth before having to come out. That meant the Dodgers' bullpen, which has been a theme through the first twenty three games of this season, needed to come in and help out and put up zeros and get outs and pitch a majority of the game. The Dodgers' bullpen coming into today was already the most used bullpen in baseball, and they just extended that number out to ninety six and two third combined innings of work by this Dodgers' bullpen is today six different relievers combined for five shutout innings to pick up where Tyler Glass now left off and keep putting zero's up on the board, keep passing that baton from Garcia to Bonda to Caspira's Jack Dryer, Evan Phillips, Tanner Scott, and hoping the Dodgers offense would create something and get them on the board with some numbers and the Dodgers can then shut them down and get out of there with the winning That's exactly what happened. Evan Phillips closed it out with the runner at second base with two outs in the eighth innings, struck out Garcia, and in the ninth inning, with the Tyne run at first and two outs, Will Smith threw out why at length and it's second, a play which was reviewed and rule was well confirmed that the call was out at second base and the Dodgers hang on and get the win. But certainly good news that Tyler Glass now only had cramps in his lower legs. But again the Dodgers' bullpen having to pick up for a starter that couldn't go deep into a game, and they combined for five shutout innings. I mentioned it on Dodger Talk on I don't know what was that Monday night, Thursday night, Thursday night, an off night Dodger Talk. It's it's not a concern, but it's something to keep an eye on. It's something that maybe you want to just kind of put in the back pocket for now. The amount of innings that the Dodger bullpen is pitching, it's not alarming, but it's certainly eye opening for the amount of innings that these guys have had to rack up and considering the guys they've used, the amount of times they have Bonda Casparius, Jack Dryer, Luis Garcia, who is an innings eater, I tweeted out during the game that is the Dodgers really going to be in need of a relief pitcher that bad that Brent Honeywell junior, maybe they can sign him and just put him on the team plane and taking to Chicago with him for the rest of the road trip and on beyond that because they need innings eaters moving forward. Seen as the Dodger starters are just not giving him length here in the first twenty three games of the season. Now the Dodgers will get back different relievers, Bruce dark Ratterol at some point, Michael Kopek at some point. Blake trying the good news. If you missed it in the pregame show, MRIs showed just a strained ligament in his forearm. He avoids any kind of long term IL stint, and they're going to rest him for right now, strengthen him up with some rehab, and get him back, hopefully sooner rather than later. But at this point, there's no rush to bring him back.
Speaker 2: Scene.
Speaker 1: It's the end of April. You got five more months of a season to go. You don't need to rush back. Blake trying to pitch in May. I mean, quite frankly, I would shut him down for at least a month, let him get healthy completely, let his arm get right, let his body get right, and bring him back for the last three and a half months of the season. But the line of relievers that the Dodgers you think in your mind have ready to come back, quite frankly, it is just not there. I mean, Kyle Hurt Michael Grove, Gavin Stone, Image Shean young Arms that, oh, whatever happened to those guys, River Ryan, They're gonna come back, right, No, most of those guys are done for the year. We're not gonna see him because of arm injuries and shoulder injury for Gavin Stone having surgery, the young arms that they've already used, Landon Nag, Justin Robleski, Bobby Miller. Three guys who have been given opportunities to start games here out of necessity just haven't been effective. And that's why we've seen so much usage at kispit Arrius and drag Dryer. But you cannot go to Ben Casparrius every other game the whole season. You cannot ask Ben Casparrius to pitch in eighty one games. You just can't. You can't ask Jack Dryer to pitch in sixty five to seventy games. That's impossible. You cannot do that. So the Dodgers are gonna have to get more length out of their starters, and they're gonna have to obviously get more arms out of the bullpen to help, and over the course of a season, that's where the honeywells come in. That's where the Luis Garcias of the world come in. That's where you get long relievers to help you throughout the course of a season, eat up innings and hope that your offense just scores so many runs that you can run out guys out there to eat up innings and win a game six to three, win a game seven to four because your offense is so good to go to score runs, you can give up two, three, four innings or four runs and still win a ballgame. Today, the Dodgers bullpen put up zeros five innings of shutout baseball by six different relief and they get the win one to nothing over the Texas Rangers. How fun was this weekend?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: By the way, this series in Arlington, I think they had two sellout crowds Friday and Saturday. I don't think today was a sold out capacity. Didn't sound like it, but great atmospheres. A lot of Dodger fans, certainly a lot of Transplants that have left California and gone to Texas, still rooting for their boys in blue watching them take on the Texas Rangers. You can hear the Freddie Freeman chance, the MVP chants. You can hear the O Tawny chance, you hear the Dodger chance. That was a cool atmosphere for the Dodgers, who certainly won a championship in twenty twenty. Down there in the bubble during the COVID year and now the second time back. A lot of Dodger fans out there. Great pitching matchups on both sides, performances on both sides, some timely hittings yesterday, the walk off of the Rangers today, a sack fly in the eighth inning, the only run of the game that the Dodgers needed, and they get the win. So good baseball if you're a fan of baseball in general. It's been a fun weekend. And who knows a matchup we'll see in October. As they first placed Texas Rangers team continues to have a good twenty twenty five, we'll see what happens to them come October eight six, six, nine, eight seven two five seven. It's go out to the phones, Rob at Arlington today to see this game at Globe Live Field. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Rob?
Speaker 1: Do you live in Texas or are you just out there for the series?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, I live in Dallas and I'm in California a transplant?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: The atmosphere pretty good the last three games. It seemed like it the first two nights with the sellout crowds.
Speaker 5: Man, we only made it to the Eastern game, but it was a lot of fun. It was kind of dull because it was zero zero for a long time, but once the Dodgers got two on and Freddy came up, if that place came alive, man, it was. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. Did you know what was happening with Tyler Glass now in the moment when it was happening with the cramps out there on the mount because he was pitching really good for those four innings, then all of a sudden it came to an end.
Speaker 5: Honey, that you say that because I didn't know. I thought that I would listen to the show today and see, like or ask you guys maybe what happened. But you guys mentioned that he had some cramps. Yeah, he was rolling, man, and I thought that he was gonna keep going, and I was happy to see him rolling like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he pitched well. The bullpen, I mean, my goodness, Rob, This Dodger's bullpen this weekend was fantastic. They've been absolutely lights out and guys that have come in and got the Dodgers out of situations numerous times already the first twenty three games, they've been great.
Speaker 5: I love our bullpen man, the way that they pitch right now. I know you were kind of saying that you think that we over use him, but Doc, that's just kind of his way, man, Like he likes to go to that bullpen early, and uh for good reason, Like we got some studs in there.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, they no doubt about it. Rob appreciate it. Thanks for checking in here, and I'm glad you enjoyed a great game on that Easter Sunday. I am not concerned yet about the usage of the bullpen. I just look at the amount of innings that have already been racked up by this Dodgers' bullpen staff. It's a lot of innings, it's a lot of updowns for guys out of the bullpen. You're talking nearly one hundred innings pitched already through twenty three games, the most of any bullpen in baseball. Meanwhile, the Dodgers starters bottom three in baseball as far as innings pitch combined for that group. It's certainly got a change, we hope for the Dodgers and their starting pitchers with Clayton Kershaw's and showey O Tonys, They're gonna get some arms back, no doubt. But I bring it up because to think that there's just a farm of Dodger relievers just waiting to go in Triple A and Double A, there's not there. Just isn't that Ben Casparius Jack Dryer group ready to come and help out this Dodgers bullpen, eat up innings. I mean, Ben Casparius was a starter a year ago in Double A and Triple A, converted to a reliever because they needed help in the bullpen in October. Same with Jack Dryer, was a guy who can start games, be an opener, and be a reliever. But the Groves, the Kyle Hurts, the river Ryans, the Amdchians, they're all hurt right now. Gavin Stone, that wave of young arms that I'm gonna throw Casparius and Jack Dryer into that wave that we've seen the last two plus years, the Bobby Millers, that's that group that's come up. There's not an experienced wave of relievers or starters behind them yet. They're young, the Dodger pitching prospects, and we'll see where they go to. But like I said, it's great that they're saving the Dodgers right now the bullpen, but I just kind of look what's down the line, what's behind them. Who's going to help out this team in May, June, July, and August when they need Indians eaters. There's just not a farmer guys that are available to do that. Unless the Robleski's and Bobby Miller and land quickly turn things around and help out this Dodgers team, they're gonna have to probably go out into the free agent market or the trade market. I mean, look at Honeywell. Brent Honeywell Junior last year was df FA and I believe by the Pirates and the Dodgers acquired him and he made a start in Detroit right before the All Star break because they had nobody else to pitch. So there will be guys in that market that the Dodgers go out and get. There's gonna be a lot of arms coming through that bullpen gate between now and the rest of the season. We've already seen a lot already ninety six and two third Indians combined by the Dodgers' bullpen staff. So I'm not alarmed by it, but I just want to make sure people are aware. Innings are starting to rack up for this Dodger's bullpen, including Ben Casparrius, who came out and got the win today and inning in two thirds, no runs, no hits in the strikeout he continues to impress. Here's Ben Casparius talking to the media after the game.
Speaker 6: I'm in the bullpen has really had to pick up a lot of innings this year. You've been a big part of that. What's it like to come into a situation like today and be able to pitch as well as you guys did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, you know, top the bottom o bullpen, we have really great versatility, and you know, I think he gives relief to guys who were typically throwing back into the game as you saw this week what we were able to do, and it's you know, it's been fun and just to you know, be able to take on that role. It's something that you know, I really enjoy doing and you know, we just keep getting it done.
Speaker 6: Not only you by yourself, but it seems like each game it's either you were dryer today was both of you picking up a lot of innings. How have you guys been able to do what you did today and against that lineup?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you know, it all starts with our game plan with the coaches, It starts with our preparation and just you know, going out there attacking the zone, and we think good things happen when you keep it simple like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've kept it simple and they've been very effective. Ben Casparious right there and Jack Dryer two guys that have come out and really pitched well for the Dodgers out of the bullpen, and today the two of them come out and pitch in this game. Ben Caspiraus at inning and two thirds, Jack Dryer two thirds of an inning before I need it off to Evan Phillips for the final out of the eighth inning, and then Tanner Scott pitches the ninth. Dodgers hang on and get the win one to nothing over the Texas Rangers. Will continue here on postgame Dodger Talk when we do. Your phone calls the rest of the way, and we're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Dodgers take two or three at Arlington. They beat the Rangers one and nothing. Happy Easter, everybody, Dodger Talk continues. You're on an FI seventy l A Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: AM five seventy LA Sports Be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes.
Speaker 1: Of Dodger Talk all of those things.
Speaker 7: Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We're streaming online.
Speaker 7: We stream every game too. Come find me back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk continues on this Easter Sunday, Thanks for being with us wherever you may be, driving around and joining your Sunday with your friends, your family, well, barbecuing, whatever you're doing. We appreciate you taking us with you. As the Dodgers beat the Rangers one to nothing, Freddie Freeman as sackfly, bringing in Will Smith the only run of the game. In the eighth inning, Ben Kisparius gets the win. We heard from Ben just a few minutes ago. Former Dodger Chris Martin and gets the loss. Tanner Scott picks up to save his eighth of the year. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast go to an fhi seventyla sports dot Com keyword home run for your chance to win at fifty dollars Daniel Jewelers gift card predicting the number of home runs in each game. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. The Dodgers take two or three in Texas. Now it's off to Chicago for a two game series against the Cubbies beginning on Tuesday, with Dustin May scheduled to get the start against Shodamanaga as the Dodgers will see the Cups for the final time, I believe now in the regular season. I've been seeing them last weekend at Dodger Stadium and then of course seeing them in Tokyo, Japan to start the twenty twenty five season. Marco also at Globe Life Field today at arleingson love this. How you doing, Marco?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Timmy.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: Do you live there? Are you visiting there?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: So I live. I live currently in Fort Wood, but by way of Gardena, California.
Speaker 2: Actually, awesome.
Speaker 1: How long you've been out in Texas?
Speaker 8: So I've been out here for about fifteen years, give or take.
Speaker 1: Nice. Nice How about the Dodger representation, the fans, Dodger Nation showing up for all three games today or this weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, doctor Nation's huge. I didn't see pants on two ninety four out there today from what we could see, but yeah, it's still a lot of Dodger fans out there.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. What did you think about the game today? The Dodgers manufacturing run and a lot of great pitching.
Speaker 8: Yes, it was a great game, But I just I'm kind of my question you to me, I'm kind of concerned about the boys. It feels like we're in a slump. I know, Freddie looked a little uneasy out there with his ankle out at first, like running the bases and are bullpen man like. I mean, they've been lights out, but our boys are hidden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the offense struggled this weekend. You gotta tip your cap to the pitching. Marko. Great to hear from you. Thanks for checking in from Texas here on postgame Dodger Talk. We really appreciate that. I hope you enjoyed the day to day out at the game. Sounds like you did. The Dodgers today didn't have a lot of offense and they won two games this weekend, actually getting out hit by the Texas Rangers and the Rangers yesterday got out hit by the Dodgers and the Rangers won that game. The Dodgers had three hits all game today. The top of the lineup Otani, Bets, and Freeman, by the way, playing for the just the eighth time together in the lineup this season because of injuries and paternity lists and all that and viruses. Otani goes over three with a walk, Mookie Betts over three with a walk. Freddie Freeman oh for two with the sack fly on a walk, so they were getting on base. The guys behind them, Tiascar Hernandez had a hit, Austin Barnes had a hit, and Will Smith had a hit down at the ninth spot. Will Smith's single, by the way, the pitch hit sing on the eighth. Then he would turn around to be the go ahead running game when he'd run when he would score on the sack fly from Freddie Freeman. So not a lot of offense. Freddy he Freeman joked with David Vasse after the game and said he just doesn't feel like his swing is right. He hopes he finds it in Chicago when they go take on the Cubs this weekend. Mookie Betts has been struggling literally the last week and a half or so. Showy o Tani, I'm gonna give him the benefit of doubt. Wife just had a baby, He's a new dad. He's going back and forth from California to Texas. He rushed back to be with the Dodgers today after being with his wife and newborn the last couple of days in southern California. Zero for three with the walk and a strikeout. Hey, the guy's out there playing, giving it us all. The fact that he came back this quickly says a lot about Showy Otani and how much he wants to be back with this Dodgers team here in late April. Deacon and Ventura is next up here on postgame Dodger Talk. Deacon welcome. How you doing.
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 5: Tim?
Speaker 1: I'm doing fantastic. Dodgers take two or three in Arlington. It's Easter Sunday. Can't be better than that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I wanted to talk about conferdo. But the first thing is, Tim, it's definitely so like you are concerned about the bullpen like you are. You're going off on the bullpen, So that definitely sounds that you're concerned, and I think I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not concerned, but my alarm has gone off a little bit there, Deacon. I think it's on my radar, so to speak, how many innings the Dodgers' bullpen has pitched, and just doing a little research and looking kind of in the minors and where the Dodgers sit right now in Double A and Triple A. They just don't have the depth right now. So I'm just curious where those innings are gonna come from when they need arms later on this season, because quite frankly, they can't keep up with this pace for one hundred and sixty two games.
Speaker 9: So how about we not go with a bullpen game coming up?
Speaker 1: I would love that. I would love to see Tony Gonsolin. I'd love to see Bobby Miller get called up, which I don't think he can because it's under ten days and there have to be an injury. Land and Knack. I think that's the same category. Justin Robleski pitched today and got the start. I think he went three plus innings almost four innings for trip Play Oklahoma City, so he's out of the running. But Tony Gonsolin hasn't pitched I think since the sixteenth down in Triple A Oklahoma City, so he could be stretched out, I guess, and pitch on Wednesday if the Dodgers needed him, but they'd have to make a corresponding move. I don't know what that move would be. Who would get sent down or who would go to the injured list, So we'll find out in the next couple of days. I think Tuesday, Deacon has a lot to determine what happens Wednesday. If Dustin May could give them six strong innings and maybe give him seven, and I don't know if that's asking a lot, but if he can do that on Tuesday, that sets up the bullpen to be in good position for a bullpen game on Wednesday, and then don't forget Deacon a off day on Thursday for the Dodgers. All right, appreciate Dacon. Thank you checking in eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Eric in Beverly Hills is next up here on postgame Dodgers Talk. Hi you doing, Eric, I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing okay? Dodgers get the win on this Easter Sunday, Eric, and they take two or three in Texas against a really good Texas Rangers team who woul By the way, I had only lost at home once prior to the Dodgers going into Globe Life Field.
Speaker 2: Yeah I was.
Speaker 3: I lost every game, and I was super excited to see them win by a deficit of or win by just one run today because they know the Texas Rangers having to allowed any teams to win by just one run. So I was happy to see that. Was hoping to see that yesterday, but you know, Kirby Yates let off the big bomb to get to let the walk off yesterday unfortunately. But I saw that our bullpen kept it together, and I think Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: Is doing a really great.
Speaker 3: Job of managing those arms down there, and especially in terms of managing our starters. I mean, he gave Bobby Miller the start the other day against the weak Colorado Rockies team, which allowed a lot of our starters to get some rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt, And I would love to have seen Bobby Miller go a little longer in the outing that he had at Dodger Stadium. But again, he's been given the opportunity, Land and Knack be given an opportunity, and certainly we've seen the Dodgers, justin Robleski, get opportunities to pitch and soak up innings and make a case to be in that rotation every five days. Eric, I appreciate the phone call. None of the three have really excelled and taken the bull by the horn, so to speak, to get that opportunity to continue to be in the rotation every five days, or else they'd be here and not down in TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City. So you hope one of those guys eventually steps up and emerges out of the pack to be that starter in the rotation eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy, Eric, you brought up Dave robertson what a good job he has done maneuvering through the bullpen and the rotation. Let's go back out to Arlington and get the postgame thoughts of Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: All right, Davill, let's start with just the eighth inning to see how this offense kind of whether it was the pinchant off the bench from Will Smith, to see the walk, to see the productive auds does see you guys, see how you all came together kind of not relying on the long bult. Just what did you see from the group in that inning?
Speaker 11: It was just a great manufactured inning. Obviously Will gets on base with the pinch hit, and then Michael takes a good of back hits on base, and then Mookie does a great job of getting into third base, and then Freddie drives in a run. So we certainly maximized the amount of hits we got today and fortunately we came away with a win.
Speaker 10: You never want to see your starter come out of the game early, but when you are able to piece together the bullpen like you guys did, Just how did it feel to do that from your stand?
Speaker 1: And just what did you see from this group?
Speaker 11: The bullpen's done a great job all year. It's certainly nice that we have an off day tomorrow to reset. But you know, I thought Tyler was throwing the baseball really well and then he just cramped up. And then at that point in time, we don't want to put him in harm's way. And fortunately, like you said, the bullpen came up big tonight.
Speaker 3: Okay, on the last year, Like, what how did you guys go about like avoiding that happening then, and so you expected the insame thing where he kind of makes the next start.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we expect him to make his next start on Sunday at home. So I remember last year it happened kind of right around this time, and I don't know if it's a combination of pickle juice, water or whatever it is, but it didn't kind of show its head after that one in Toronto. So hopefully this is the one time occurrence.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hope. So Tyler Glasnow had to come out of the game today after throwing one pitch in the bottom half of the fifth inning to Jake Berger cramping up in his lower legs. And as David Roberts alluded to, that was in Toronto last year when that happened to Tyler glass Now. Didn't happen again the rest of the year, but it reared its ugly head again today, which is unfortunate for Tyler Glassnow as he was pitching really well four shutout innings. He struck out the side in the fourth inning when he was cramping up and obviously bothered by it and shaking his legs in between pitches. Could not deal with it, though after the first pitch of the fifth inning to Jake Berger, and the bullpen picked up the rest of the way five shutout innings by six different relievers as the Dodgers get the one nothing to win. Don in the City of Industry, thanks for being patient, Happy Easter, Don, How you doing happy?
Speaker 2: Used to you? Tim? He has risen. Hallelujah. Dog man, man, so many moving parts to him, it's just uh and gaining momentum, going slow. But all these these grinded out games are nerve wracking, these pictures. Du But man, oh man, I'm so glad we came out on top and now on to Chicago and then we have to crush those cubs. But uh yeah, I'm just astounded, you know, at all the all the moving parts and the chess game. You know, David Roberts, the grand Master out there, old Doc doing his thing, so uh man, and it's just I don't know how you do it, How you keep on top of all these well, this guy's down here, and he's over here. They might bring him up there, and you know, it's man, it's it's it's impressive how you keep all these balls juggling, you know, So.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that anyway. All right, don good to hear from your friend, Thanks for checking in here on this Easter Sunday the Dodge today, six different relievers come in and pitch for those five shutout innings. And again, it sounds like a broken record every time I'm doing Dodger talk, But it just is a testament to what this Dodger's bullpen is doing on a consistent basis, game after game, series after a series. Sure they're gonna have a game like they did against the Cubbies last Saturday in which they just got lit up and then Miguel Ross comes in, everybody's laughing and having a fun and gives up a bunch of more runs. That's gonna happen. But I am almost every single game we're seeing a Dodger's bullpen come in at a necessity. Pick up innings, keep a Dodger team in a game, keep a Dodger lead on the board, maintain a lead late in the game, maintain a lead early in the game because the Dodger starter couldn't go more than an inning, two or three innings and just having to pick up the slack. And they've done such a great job doing that? Is he an Anaheim? Is he happy East or my friend.
Speaker 12: Happy? He sits in to you everybody, the staying, your family and everybody. Oh, they're listening our audience. Okay, I got two questions for you before I get to my rant. But but did Joe Kelly retire?
Speaker 1: No, Joe Kelly is not retired. He is uh not one d per healthy, but who knows? He could be somebody the Dodgers look to bring back at some point when he is good to go, but he's just not ready yet.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Okay, well listen my chiut that why don't they even did to? Why don't they tire honey? Well, but anyway, yeah I didn't. Why did did not resign him? Who knows? Okay, my own rant is did I'm glad they got out of this series. This is long your pe win this series that I care about. You can always sweep. It's not always easy to sweep. Skill long you they get out as long as they take two and three in there. Yeah, and then they got against with Chicago Charity TZ so.
Speaker 1: Maybe tweet, we'll see, we'll see. It's gonna be a good series against the Chicago Cubs. Ezzy the Cubbies are a top e NL central right now, a fourteen win Cubies team. So the Dodgers this road trip are seeing a first place Texas Rangers team in a first place Chicago Cubs team who they've certainly very familiar with so far.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's gonna be. It's canna be, tipit it will is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, easy, Happy Eastern to you. We appreciate you checking in on this Easter Sunday. That's gonna do it for postgame Dodger Talk. Many thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show and join this Sunday edition of Dodger Talk wherever you may be. We appreciate you taking this with you. Thanks to Coliny, the best of the best, even though he didn't help me on my prize picks bet today actually hurt me. It's okay, okay, we'll get in tomorrow. For Tuesday. We're back at it, Amongo Casino. Dodgers on deck beginning at three thirty in the afternoon. First pitch a four forty from Wrigley Field on the north side of Chicago. Dodgers will send out dustin May in the series opener. Then a scheduled bullpen game. We'll see on Wednesday what they end up doing with the bullpen game or bringing somebody in to make that start. But Dodger just get the win in Texas today and they take two or three against the Texas Rangers. With a one nothing Big Tree over the Rangers. Freddy Freeman delivered his sack fly in the eighth inning, the lone run of the game. Dodgers bullpen committing for five shutout innings. Ben Casparrius gets the winner relief. Until then, have a great safe rest of your Sunday afternoon, Happy East, everybody, so long.