Speaker 1: An end scan show ninety seven point one The Eagle, thank you for hanging out with us today. We always appreciate your time and the good folks at Rollertown beer Works, which Ben and I are a part of up there in Salina, Texas bring you this segment and we appreciate your time as well. Would love to see you out at the brewery this weekend as we've been celebrating Conniversary all week long. It's a five day event started yesterday and if you got to the brewery, all the to go beer is twenty percent off. All of our can beer twenty percent off, and we have a wide selection, but it's while supplies last, and a lot of this is going to go fast. In fact, we had one of our best Wednesdays yesterday that we've had in a long time because people were coming in and scooping that beer because it's a great time to stock up.
Speaker 2: So make plans.
Speaker 1: Try to get there today or tomorrow so you can score big twenty percent off all of our to go beer to celebrate Conniversary, which is our five year anniversary, and also make plans again just looking ahead April twenty six is going to be incredible for our Big Sumo Wrestling event and the Ben and Skin Show will be broadcasting from Rollertown Beer Works the Friday before, So make plans for the last weekend in April to be coming out hanging with us the Big Sumo event. Good good stuff. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: It's time to go into the bitter schedule Warburg.
Speaker 3: That sounds fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So today is the beginning of the Masters Round one out there at Augusta, one of my favorite weekends of the year, of course, but also it's the anniversary of something that we did three years ago. This happened April tenth, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: It was the Eagle.
Speaker 4: We were two to five at the time.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: It went on right before.
Speaker 4: The Rust Martin Show, and we had golfer Matt Ward from some golf place on.
Speaker 2: Now I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: The production studios were a little shoddy at the time and now they don't exist. But what I've taken from this after re listening to this last night, is that he definitely could hear. But I don't think he could hear when we were playing drops.
Speaker 3: I remember this now, but he definitely could hear.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 4: Ok and when you guys were talking, necessarily stopped this guy from talking. This is a talkative guy, Mosquito and the Hulker in the house here and then let's reset what that is, Okay. Mike Mosquito Moscato sounds like Pat O'Brien from Entertainment Tonight. Definitely banked some hookers and did a lot of coke back in the day.
Speaker 2: He started took a show with Bubba the Hulk.
Speaker 4: The Hulk was up to six hundred and fifty pounds at one point, but thanks to the Meta liquid diet, he's down to six forty five.
Speaker 2: He's very gassy and be cool.
Speaker 5: The idea is just to make fun of sports talk shows and how they pair a different host together, and then you're the listeners kind of in on the prank as you prank whoever you're interviewing because they think this is a real show.
Speaker 4: Matt Ward is a golf man. This is nine minutes of insanity.
Speaker 3: Let's go, there's after it.
Speaker 6: The sports Buffet, Mike Mosquito, Moscato, Bubba the Hulk, and we are rocketed big time. But everybody is so roused for the Masters at augusta Georgia this weekend. It's gonna be incredible golf action. Hit here to give us the lay of the lead. The senior editor of Golf Today, Matt Ward, How we do today, Betty, Well, it's.
Speaker 7: A pleasure to be with you guys.
Speaker 3: What are the main stories?
Speaker 6: You know, we got a lot of listeners of what a gamble on the Masters this weekend.
Speaker 3: What are some of the angles they should be looking at here, Maddie, The.
Speaker 7: Biggest question mark is going to come down to is does the young generation do they really cement their toe hold on being factors in the years to come from major championship There we're.
Speaker 8: Talking to Matt Ward Golf Today. You know, for me, I'm a big guy. So for me, Resident Sambo the way he gets into that ball and it just so far. Every time he strikes that ball, I'm like, O, he's one of my people because he's big and he drive the ball fall. I was watching VJ. Singh check him out, and VJ. Singh was like, man, I got a hernia watching your ass.
Speaker 3: That's of great stuff, Hope.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean what you mentioned about City Chambau. I mean he he electrifies audiences.
Speaker 3: That that's incredible stuff. Uh this might be a little more personalizing.
Speaker 6: But you know, Hulk had an endorsement with Power Swee.
Speaker 3: But could you get to be too big? Is there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because you lost the endorsement Holk, you know, did you get hold?
Speaker 8: I got his high as six point fifty wow, and I'm six three, So he got big. But I'm feeling lean and mean now you look better down to about four ninety five. But Bryson d Chambou, you know that's a guy. He's just putting on lean muscle. He he ain't getting too big, right, man?
Speaker 3: Is he too big?
Speaker 7: That lend is only as valuable an asset and playing golf as the ability is to hit it fairly straight, because you know, if you sit on the Texas state line and you can't at Oklahoma, you have a problem. I mean essentially, I mean you have to be able to land the ball so that you can play your next shot. It's like playing pool. Every shot sets up the next shot. You know, these are these are things all of these guys are looking at.
Speaker 8: John Daly, John David, I mean John Daly used to beat the hell out of the golf ball up and then of course we just both going to be talking at the same time.
Speaker 2: He's just going to keep going. But but John Daly was a guy.
Speaker 3: On top of his too. This is the craziest day I never heard of my life.
Speaker 6: Who we're talking to, the collar talker, Matt Ward those golf today.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He brought up Wendy's.
Speaker 8: I used to endorse Wendy's, but I do think they have a craft burger.
Speaker 2: Do you agree or disagree that?
Speaker 7: Well, let me say it, and I don't want to put Wendy's on the spot, and you know, put them, but I would just say that. You know, golfers for many years have been looked upon by other sports people as really not being athletes. And I think for somebody from the NFL about that.
Speaker 6: That makes all the difference. We're talking to the difference maker from golf today, Matt Wood. You brought up Dustin Johnson earlier, and I was interested in the partying rubers of Dusta but he was still so good. How do you see recreational drug testing happening in the PGA.
Speaker 7: Golf has its issues. It's hard to know for sure what the clear reasons are that are attached to maybe somebody not having been you know, admitted to play, maybe because of they got a violation of one one one type of situation or the other. You're gonna see the people who are placing bets want to have total confidence and the sports leagues have to be very sensitive to that if they want to maintain a connection to that, you know, to the general who is putting money on the table right that they know that the information that is presented is right.
Speaker 8: Let's get to the real thing that everybody wants to talk to. What's all this talk about pimento cheese? Because to me it ain't even one of the good cheeses. You know, now, I ain't had no carbs in about two years. Feel like, damn there in your opinion, what's the best cheese?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, you know to be I have to be taking I don't know how well aware of your audience is, but you know there's a lot of things that have got in the national Does you know you're a fan and you want to go to the event? You know we talked about, you know, the demento cheese sandwiches get a lot of.
Speaker 2: Play three reasons.
Speaker 7: I co think for the most part, you have a venue that has really given fans an opportunity to you know, see firsthand at a reasonable cost.
Speaker 3: Well, Matt, what do you think of the future of gambling? Get golf? I'm bout I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 6: My third wife, Becky, won't let me play anymore because of some of the gamb league issues I had with some of my fred You could understand. I think it's a great way to reconnect with your estranged adult children, but gambling is really enhancing the game. We'll give you the fattal thoughts before we hope you did.
Speaker 8: No, I'm curious about it. I've been wondering what Matt's thoughts are.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt, I mean if you don't don't apologize for.
Speaker 7: Be a advertising that's all lovely the gay stations that are connected to sports.
Speaker 3: Matt, let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: As a lifetime gambler, that answer got to be hard for the first of two weeks and only what bag is going to finish off this excite But it's a signature hope call.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Matt, I appreciate your patience with me. Uh this could be my last show.
Speaker 3: Oh do.
Speaker 8: I've obviously been dealing with a lot of health issues and uh, things going in the right direction.
Speaker 2: So that's good.
Speaker 3: I thought the clock to be bag.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 8: I do have a signature move that i'd like to see on the show, if you would indulge me, and what it is. They call me the Hope because I'm big, But what I like to do is do the signature role. So I would like to do the signature hope raw, if you will indulge me that well.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, look, I I guess.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Here we go the role, You're ready.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 7: I mean clearly, what both of what you guys are providing is, you know, let's let's get right to the chase's talking about here.
Speaker 2: Here it is.
Speaker 7: I appreciate the candor that you guys provide. Hopefully, there we go.
Speaker 8: I'm going to give you I'm going to give you the hop row of my signature moving and you decide if you want to give it to me back as a sign of appreciation of respect. Here we go, Hope, Matt, would you mind giving it back to me?
Speaker 7: Well, I appreciate what you're saying, you know, I do.
Speaker 2: It's a raw raw Hope, just just roar and then say, Hope.
Speaker 7: Mad Yeah, Well, I'm gonna have to Yeah.
Speaker 2: You say hope, you didn't say hope.
Speaker 7: I tell you guys today.
Speaker 2: To what ext today?
Speaker 7: Yeah so much. Now that's a real importance. But it also has to realize that you got to tie you into a lot of new people who really, man, I have experienced the game, or maybe you were turned off by start with.
Speaker 2: You know, at one time I blamed the part on VJ. It's one of my best.
Speaker 7: Stories nineteen ninety for good game.
Speaker 3: Okay that we're gonna hate it.
Speaker 2: Matt, Thank you, Thank you for your time. Thank you for doing the hope for all too. Man. We're great appreciative then, man, thank you man, Matt, Yes, sir, all right, brother, thank you.
Speaker 6: Hey July, the masters live over to the full. As get you Gwedwi. You can't have a great weekend.
Speaker 7: Brother, It was okay for.
Speaker 2: You guys, it was Oh it was thank you.
Speaker 7: If you guys can be a favor, I'll send you my email to send it to me a copy of the tape.
Speaker 2: You guys, okay, love you man, God bless you.
Speaker 7: Many swing back with me if you guys are interested, we get to the US open.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you man, I appreciate it. Man, God bless love you. Okay man, bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Oh what a great way to get ready for the Masters.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: He in the middle of it. He just kept talking over everything. Get him back on K Talker.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget the time KT booked Matt.
Speaker 1: He looked him dead in the eye and he said, did you know that butterflies?
Speaker 4: They studied them across the Atlantic Ocean only took eight days.
Speaker 1: That's still the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. Person say we'll be back tomorrow. But he got Christina sticking around and playing music. Next on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Here you going, well, I'm gonna get my sack backed, dude, God bless Jesus.