Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI A M six on demand. Ozzie, Welcome to the Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning? How can I help you? So?
Speaker 2: About a week ago, I saw a car accident and I ended up pulling over to see if there was anything I could do to help the guy inside. It was a it was a pretty bad accident. It was on a rainy day. I got out of the car. You know, there was four total for people too cars, two in each car. And the guy that was hit, he was he like he was unconscious of her. His wife was in there, and we managed to get the wife out and we try to help the help the older guy. You know, we were trying to give him CPR. We couldn't get any bottles from him, and then we finally got on other people in the other vehicle. I ended up opening the door and I smelled like just you know, alcohol and you know, marijuana. I did just smelled of it, and like I just have like just like sometimes I don't know how to control the anger that I have toward this guy. You know, you know, I just found out the guy that he ended up hitting actually passed away. And also I have anger towards myself because what if there was something else I could have done help him out? Like you know, I just I just feel like I didn't do enough to help the guy out. And it's like I don't know what to feel or how to act or anything.
Speaker 1: And if you really use the advice, well, well look at this in two different parts. First of all, whether you could have done more and the concept of anger, the productive kind of anger is is the anger that attacks problems, not people. And I know it'd be easy just to want to pull apart somebody and deal with them, someone who would be so cavalier towards humanity, so selfish and uncaring that they would consume so much alcohol or pot or whatever they were consuming to the degree where they couldn't control the vehicle. Yet they got behind that vehicle anyways and caused a massive accident. So it's very normal to want to respond to that physically, but it doesn't help or bring any glory to God in any way, shape or form, And it can put you in a bad situation when it comes to releasing and forgiving. Under circumstances like that, you're not forgiving the person because with that kind of forgiveness comes something called reconciliation, and you're not looking to be friends with them again. What you're looking to do is release this this ugliness, this garbage that festers in your heart, that weighs you down. And my biggest concern is you finding a way to place that on God's shoulders so that you're not bound by all that garbage as you go through life. Now, as far as the other aspect of things, did you do enough? What makes you think that you didn't do enough?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I was there trying to help them out. You know. The only thing I ever knew was just, you know, just do cprs, you know, if you're not breathing, you know, just do whatever you can't help out. You know something my mom told me, you know, you taught me as a little boy, you know, help out. And I just you know, I tried what I could. And it's just in my mind it's what if there was something else I could have done? You know, what if there was something I could have done you know too, you know, just to give them a better fighting chance to make it, you know, And it's just been on my mind, like could I have done anything else? You know, did I not do something right that he didn't make it.
Speaker 1: There is so much going on in a situation like that, and the fact that you even run to a situation to help out when many people don't care or run away from it is more than most. The fact that you assessed the situation and that you assessed that there was somebody who had been under the influence of maybe pot, maybe alcohol, means that you were really present and really there and looking for answers in that horrible accident. I don't think you did anything wrong. I think you need to be comfortable with the fact that you ran to help and you did what you could, and it's very overwhelming. It's different from academically being in the mindset okay, well, if something happens, I'm going to do X, Y, and Z, versus actually having to do it and to be there and to look at any carnage or anything like that or trauma to someone can be overwhelming. And it's sad that somebody, somebody lost their life that day, and it's sad to think that it may have been for no reason, just some selfishness. But just because that that's the truth of the situation doesn't mean that has to do anything with you, You're not the selfish one. Selfish one would be anyone who thought it was okay to drink or to smoke pot and then drive. So I think you did what you could what you could under the circumstances, and I think that's great. I think you're very brave, and I think that's a very human and communal thing to do, to be a part of things around you and do your best to make them work out in everybody's favor. But as far as this individual being angry at them isn't going to do anything, really, is just going to fester inside you and make you a pretty ugly person based on it. Do you have any contact with them?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't even know these people. You know. It was just something I saw on the side something, you know, something I try to do is just help out, and you know it's I don't even know these people.
Speaker 1: Well you didn't.
Speaker 2: I really wish I just wish I could keep it, you know, there would be certain ways I could be there for the wife, you know, you know, infinite. It was just saying, you know, like you know, just to send my condolence without.
Speaker 1: Her, Well, she's going through a lot right now, and in a circumstance like this, there's a lot of pain and a lot of confusion, and people are trying to sift through it. If that opportunity arises, I'm sure it will come your way. But right now, you focus on the fact that what you did, that your mama raised your right, and that what you did was the right thing to do. To get involved and to make sure everybody's okay, and to do whatever you can in any limitation to help out, and then leave it at that. It is sad that someone lost their life in that car accident, especially if it involves alcohol and pot and it's much less an accident than it was negligence. But don't second guess what you did. You did the best you could, and don't harbor anger because that hurts no one but you. So just keep those two things in mind. Rachel, Welcome to the Jesus Christ. Hi, Jesus, Hello.
Speaker 3: Hi, I have a question for you. I was reading this morning numbers twenty two, and in eighteen Baalim flat out says to the Lord, let's see here. Oh, he says, I would be powerless to do anything against the will of the Lord. And in twenty God came to Baylim and said, since these men have come for you, get up and go with them, and he tells him to go with them and then drop down a little bit. In twenty two. God was furious that Balem was going. And this troubles me. I need to know that. It seems out of.
Speaker 1: It seems like a contradiction.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I don't. That's not the God that I know.
Speaker 1: No, it's like a sneaky God going go over here, and now you went over there. There's a lot going on here. And if this involves the Angel of the Lord, and if you notice, the Angel of the Lord does not kill him.
Speaker 3: No he doesn't.
Speaker 1: No, he actually gives him a The concern here is about dealing with Balem's greed in his heart. He was tempted by the offers that were coming his way. You can read numbers, you know, twenty two to twelve. Also verse seventeen about the temptation, and the intent was not about to kill him. It was to remind him of what his original agreement was, because he kept getting tempted and his heart was clearly filled with greed. As you read on and understand that it wasn't a direct result of not in direct contradiction to God's word, but he was rejecting it in his heart. So his greed had kind of come up with a way. You can read about this in numbers thirty one sixteen come up with a way to help Israel's enemies will not directly disobeying the Lord's command to speak only the words that he would give him, but he found a way to kind of backdoor it to corrupt Israel by allowing women to marry men of Israel and lead them into idolatry. And you can read about that in two Peter two fifteen. I hope that that helps Donna. Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Hi, thank you for taking my call. Love your show?
Speaker 1: Oh well, thank you my pleasure. How can I help you?
Speaker 4: Well, I do have a question. As an infant, I was baptized and went to religious schools and always had a very close personal relationship with Jesus. He is my savior and I always believe that throughout life, and now as an adult, I have friends who say that I must be baptized again in order to have salvation, which really, for me doesn't make too much sense because I've always had a personal relationship with Jesus since I could remember. And my question is, must I be baptized again? And if so, where would I even get baptized? Since my church does not do. I don't think they do second baptisms. I've never heard of it.
Speaker 1: Now you still go to the same church, do Okay? Is it a Protestant or a Catholic church.
Speaker 4: It's a Catholic church.
Speaker 1: No, there is no need to be baptized again.
Speaker 4: And can you explain why?
Speaker 1: Well, because it's not one. It's not a mandate for salvation the way the other person is saying, Salvation comes from the blood on the cross, not from any act that you do. Although that there are things that will manifest. Now Catholics and Protestants believe differently here as well. But I will say this that if you are a believer in the Catholic Church and the structure of the Catholic Church, they're not the ones telling you to do it. It's an outside individual telling you to do it. Which is why I say, if you're still, you know, believing and attending in a part of the Catholic Church, then no, you're taking care of that is by their structure and their belief If for some reason you became a Protestant and at some point you wanted to be baptized as a Protestant because you're an adult and now it's your choice, or something like that, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm leery of groups that say, hey, we want to baptize you in our belief system. That to me can be signs of something a little screwy. If they know you're Catholic and they're saying, hey, but you know, if you come over here, we'll get you baptized and make things right. If they start saying things like that, I would raise an eyebrow. And I'm not sure if that's the path they're going down. It's what it sounds like to me. But ultimately, Donna, if you were baptized in the Catholic Church as a child, and you're still in the Catholic Church, why spend the time getting baptized again. You haven't changed your belief system in any way, shape or form, and there's no reason to do that. You're not being asked by your own clergy to do it, and so it's really someone else's agenda who isn't here to explain what that is. Or why. They believe that baptism is a beautiful, beautiful thing, and it is one thing in the family of Christians, both Catholics and Protestants where there is discussion. There are those that think that it should be infants like our Catholic brothers and sisters, and there are those that believe it should be adults. That there is a time of understanding when a human being goes no. I want to make this decision on my own and get it done. But these are in house discussions. But in your case, doesn't sound like they're any purpose whatsoever. Jeff, Welcome to Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 2: Hello Jesus.
Speaker 1: Well, hello Jeff. How can I help you?
Speaker 5: How does one know they are shured of salvation?
Speaker 1: You're well, the question is a healthy one. But you know, the principles of salvation deal with, you know, giving your life to Christ. Have you exactly, Well, it means that there's a lot of things that drive your life, you know, sex, drugs, rock and roll, whatever it may be, and whoever's at the wheel is the one controlling it, whether that be you and self worship and that it's all about you, or whether the principles that are are in scripture and the things that are taught in the Judeo Christian precepts are part of your life. If they're not, it's like it's like you asking me right now, well, what does a relationship mean? Well, it's when you put somebody in a place of importance in your life. You exchange ideas, you propel yourself based on that relationship, protecting it and understanding it, ever deepening it. It's it's a process. It's not just one particular day. But as far as salvation, the word itself means security, safety. The purpose of it deliverance. The purpose of it is to understand that there is a God that loves you, that created you, that wants to have a relationship with you, and once to guide your life, wants you to understand his will because he's the maker and his will is what will help you to live efficiently in a way that is just and loving towards the rest of creation. And if you rebel against those ways and you continue to just do it however you want, then you're not in that place with God. However, if you put God first and you have given your life to God, truly to God, that is salvation. It's said in scripture that if you confess your sins and that God is faithful and just to forgive. That if you confess before man that God is your savior, if you believe. Some people talk about it as the sinner's prayer, and that's praying for God to be in your life. God, I give my life to you. You are the center of my life. I want you to direct my life for here on out. I will see myself as a Christian. Respond to those that ask that I am a Christian, not because they're looking for a label, but because the word means to be a follower of the anointed One, and that if you find yourself in a good Bible teaching church and you're reading God's Word, then you're in that relationship and your experience and receiving that salvation. That's what it means. Michael, Welcome to Jesus Christ Show. Thanks for having me my pleasure. What's going on?
Speaker 5: I just wanted to know, you know, we only have one Bible, and there's only one Jesus, and it seems like today there's so many different interpretations and understandings of the Gospel, and I'm just kind of curious to know or at what point did we get off track? And why is it that when you ask somebody what the gospel is, you get so many different variations of an answer.
Speaker 1: Well different Just because different people have different perceptions doesn't mean that there's different gospels, per se. I mean, you work right, Michael, You go to work correct, okay, and they see you one way, and maybe your family sees you another way. And when you were in high school and you come home with your friends, your friends would see you one way, your parents would see you another way. But you're still only one person, and there is only one truth. You just are, you know, a little different in this sense, a little different that sense, but it doesn't mean it's a you now the gospel. There's only one gospel, and it's simple. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall have everlasting life. That's the gospel. Gospel just means good news. The good news is that life can be rough, and there can be things that go on here, but there is a payment, a way out for the sins that are that people are accountable for here on earth, and that's through the death on the cross and the resurrection. That doesn't change. If anybody tells you something different than that, then it's not the Gospel of Scripture. It's whatever they believe. Now, if you're talking about the books the Gospels Matthew, Luke, and John, that you have what you are called the synoptic Gospels Matthew, Mark, and Luke, meaning that they're similar in what they're describing. They're looking at similar accounts and describing them, and then John, which is slightly different and coming from a slightly different perspective. The hope is that taking all of those into account, you see the best picture possible through the eyes of man as to what took place or what the important thing is about that good news.
Speaker 5: Right, I guess I understand. This seems kind of interesting because many people think that or feel like they have the needs to go and perfect themselves in the flesh and kind of follow the same commandments. And it's even you know, we see so many people in the church who are basically, you know, trying to perfect their body here and they're using Christ for this life, and it seems like they're not interested in Him for the next life.
Speaker 1: That's a really interesting observation. And I'm not going to say that that's not true. Of course, there are people who do that, but they're not mutually exclusive. There's nothing wrong with here's the truth. You will not hit perfection in this world, but on the way, on that path to perfection, you can hit excellence. And there's nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with allowing God to purify you while you're here, to be the best you you can while you're here. There's nothing wrong with that. You won't be perfect, of course not, but why not be a better you? Why not allow God to continue to cleanse you, to be a better you while you're here. Right, Ye're right, that's not something that it's beneficial to everyone around you. The Ten Commandments are there to keep you on that track. You should be checking yourself against them, to make sure that you're not getting to a place of being coveting people's whether it's their husbands, their wives, their cars, their home. There's a lot of things that are good for you to keep in mind in the process of that cleansing. It says in scripture that God alone is the author and the finisher of your faith. So not only faith alone exists because of God, but also the purification process. The perfection of your faith comes from God as well, and part of that takes place while you're here on this earth. But if you get lost in church and it's just about well being the best you and you see all these kind of I know they're very popular when you come across television. Preachers are very famous, often selling lots of books. It's a lot of it has to tie into things that seem more like motivational speaking than it does about the Gospel, right, And I get that too. I know that it seems like it's missing the mark a little bit, but that's part of the process as well, getting people on board to understand that there is things to be learned and to be utilized and applied to your life here in the now. Otherwise God wouldn't put you here, Michael, you're here. Did He put you here just to wait to get to Heaven? No, there's stuff to do, and part of it is purification, right.
Speaker 5: I totally agree. This seems like a lot of people are wanting to justify themselves based on their works that they do here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's human nature. You're right, it does happen. Happens a lot people get lost in the works and looking at what people are doing and how they're doing it, and forget the entirety of the process. But fruit on a tree does play a part as well. You know, the scripture says that if you don't have, if the tree isn't bearing fruit, there's a problem. So there should be good works coming from somebody who believes. Now, they don't get to heaven based on them, but there should be good works, just like a healthy fruit tree should bear fruit.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, what are the like? Where are they good works that we should be seen coming from people who believe that Jesus Christ is as the author and finish of their faith. And you know, I believe the Bible says without faith it is impossible to please pract So you know, what are those fruits that we should be looking for.
Speaker 1: There should be the desire to purify yourself. There should be a desire to share your faith, and not in an overbearing way, but in a way, as one Peter three fifteen says, to be ready to first sanctify Jesus's Lord in your life. But moving forward, to be ready to give a defense or an answer to those who ask about the hope that lies within you. With meekness and reverence. That is to say that when people ask you about why you are different because of the things you do, whether you're helping those around you that need help, whether you are standing up for someone you don't know, whether you are not joining the hordes or the mobs or the masses that are going one way and you're going the other direct direction because you believe it to be the direction of God. That when you do those things, those works, people will ask you why are you different? Why at a funeral do you shed tears but still have hope? You know why when you are struggling through a process of learning something or knowing something, do you still believe that? All these things tend to push people back to you, asking well, why how come you're able to do this when others are not? And you can point them to the gospel, and through that process you are growing and purifying. Yet you're passing that along to others as well. You're being a good person. You're learning to do those things that glorify God and show that you care.
Speaker 5: That's great. Well, I appreciate taking my phone call.
Speaker 1: Of course, excellent question.
Speaker 5: And I appreciate you lifting up Jesus because it seems like, like you said earlier, a lot of these some of these preachers on TV are more like life pass now oftens don't even hear the name of Jesus but see them opening your Bible. So I appreciate what you're doing, and I appreciate you my question.
Speaker 1: Thanks Michael. And it's not to say that these preachers don't have a place there is there are things. I mean, even Paul talked about the unknown God and the altar to the Unknown God, and it wasn't about preaching Jesus in name, but it was about preaching me in concept to get people's attention. And sometimes there's so many distractions. That's some of these preachers use that as a tool to get people involved in hearing the truth before they can naturally reject it based on up they said, Jesus, I'm running the other direction. And that's that's fine. This is a whole different thing. All glory to God of course, in all of these scenarios, but this is a different type of thing. We too, you know, use our own way to get your attention on this program in hopes of you maybe hearing some truth and learning some things.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 1: I like to focus on the things that are of great importance. And if this allows this venue allows us the opportunity to talk about those in a comfortable manner, then praise God and all glory goes to him. There was an article that came out. I won't get into all the details of it because it's not It's one you've probably heard many times before. Each with each new generation or each new group, there an article comes out about how they're rejecting religion. Now I'll tell you that it is the norm. Every younger generation wrestles with the faith of their fathers, and I use that as just the term. It's gonna be the faith of their mothers as well. But in that process of growing and wanting to find themselves, there is a lot of pressure to adapt to what other people are doing as well. And if it looks to be just a thing for adults, if it looks to be something that doesn't seem to understand modern times, then by definition, the faith and the belief just becomes ancient. It looks ancient, it sounds ancient, It is ancient. I want no part of it because I'm modern, so says the young millennial. Now it is the age old problem of the adults and those that have practiced the faith to not want anything to change, and the youth that need the faith but don't want to practice it in the old ways want to see it modify and grow. And this happens in scripture. There's stories of the new temple being built, and all the old folks didn't like it because they remember the other way the temple used to be and that's what they loved. And then the new the younger generation, loved it because while it's more modern, it has all of these things. I will tell you this. If religion does not grow, if it is not living, breathing, if faith is not something that, like a branch of a tree, continues to grow and change and be pruned and bring forth fruit, it will die. You may not understand the ways of the youth or the desires of the youth. You may not understand there once. But I will tell you this without it becoming some sort of a liberal belief. And I don't use that in the political sense, but in the sense that you just want to pull apart scripture to the point where it's wishy washy and it means nothing, and no one's accountable. Nobody wants that, and I would never call upon that. Surprisingly enough people that listen to the show think that it's going to be a mockery of faith and that are surprised at the hard line we do take on things that are important, but also hopefully on the flip side, you learn something, and when we talk about things like homosexuality and the laws and marriage, that you see things different well, and that you learn and that you're capable of growing and understanding that there's something different about being a Christian versus being an American and learning all of the variables in between, so that there's growth. And I tell you these things because you, if you are on the older spectrum, need to understand what the needs of the younger spectrum is and learn to adapt. And you on the younger spectrum need to know that if you water it down to where it has no backbone, it will have zero value to you now or in the future. And in the process of watering something down, it loses the entirety of its value. There's a point where if you put the old joke about going to Las Vegas and then watering down your drinks, that you put enough water in the beverage it's no longer an alcoholic beverage. It's not just water, and to do that is to remove all of the power of what scripture has. So may the balance be met by both of you. Until next week. I am with you Always, KFI AM six forty on demand