Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five k r C the talk stations. Happy Tuesday to.
Speaker 3: The vacation and that's.
Speaker 4: The way the news goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, indeed, and a happy Tuesday to you, Brian Thomas right here. Glad to see Jude Derek Ory belongs and glad to see Todd Zenzer is coming up at the fifty five Case Morning Show, host of the Citizen Watchdog podcast, Former Inspector General Todd Zenzer on the situation in Hyde Park, on the zoning, the city budget and what is the ARC program. Well, that's why we have Todd Zenzer. Brilliant manny is and I love when he comes into the studio. I have a conversation. And that's what's happening today. Coming up at seven oh five, fast forward to couple hours and fast forward a couple three hours inside scoop with Breitbart News. Breitbart reporter Randy Clark on the border. Oh look an article that I wrote, WTF question mark on relating to the border. Get to that in a moment. Let us see here. So we'll talk about the border with Randy Clark at eight o five and then the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Of course, the latest on Ukraine in Russia. Apparently Ukraine hit Moscow with the largest drone attack ever and Russian authority shot down more than three hundred drones, some of them actually were targeting Moscow. Yeah, to scratch your head on that one. Symbolic attacks ineffective apparently because I guess the Russians were able to shoot all the drones down anyway. Daniel Davis deep dive at eight thirty, So looking forward to that tomorrow. What a trifecta of fun tomorrow. On Wednesday, Jack Atherton, Thomas Massey, and Judg Jennitapolitano, And speaking of Congressman Thomas Massey, Donald Trump went on a tear against Massey just yesterday. Of course, this Continuing Resolution is just just not sure that it's going to pass. They need all the votes they can get on the Republican side, because you heard Hakim Jeffers and then they're not gonna vote for keeping the government open. And I guess at the top of the news if they were quoting him because it does nothing to protect Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, Well, let's just start from the initial recognition that it doesn't do anything to touch it either. There's no cuts to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid in the continuing resolution, And of course you don't use a continued resolution to protect and what does he mean by protect? Anyway, these things are on a death spiral. Those three programs are the problem of the biggest problems we faced. Of course, doge out there cutting all the extraneous crap from this expended it amounts to a hill just nothing, not even a hill of beans, a few beans maybe, And I'll listen, I'll take all the billions that they can find and cut, and welcome and applaud their efforts along those lines, because lord knows, we've found out how much money is going out into the world. I can talk about this a little bit later. The Agriculture Secretary cancel to six hundred thousand dollars grant for a study of menstrual cycles in transgender men. It's only only six hundred thousand dollars. I'm sure anybody my listening audience would welcome a check for six hundred thousand dollars. It's a lot of money to just the regular run of the mill people that pay the taxes so bully for them and all the work they're doing cutting out the crap from government. But if you really want to get to the heart of the problem we face with these trillions of dollars in annual expenditures, you've got to fix fix Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. And somebody should ask how Jefferies what his ideas are to save us from our death spiral. These are massive ponzi schemes. Fewer workers paying into the system, more people on the system, people living longer. It's just it's a recipe for disaster. And it has been for decades everybody. I mean, they've been waving red flags about this for the last five six administrations. And I know people kept question marks about the Congressional Budget Office, but you know, regularly and repeatedly they always point out these are massive problems. It can't be sustained under the current trajectory period. End of story. So, Haakim, what's your answer? While you fight to protect all the things that DOGE is trying to cut out of the budget and hate the work that DOGE is doing, you're not offering any solutions. Oh well, that is the current Democrat party just screaming and yelling and wailing and gnashing of teeth and offering no alternatives. That's a problem they're stuck with. But ay, event, Donald Trump had something to say to Congress from sc yesterday. Ready, here is a quote. Thank you to the House of Freedom Caucus for just delivering a big blow to the radical left Democrats and their desire to raise taxes and shut our country down. That's all in caps with an exclamation point. They hate America and all it stands for. That's why they allowed millions of criminals to invade our nation. Sometimes it takes great courage to do the right thing. Congressman Thomas Massey of beautiful Kentucky is an automatic no vote on just about everything, despite the fact that he has always voted for continuing resolutions in the past. In all caps, he should be primaried and I Donald Trump will lead the charge against him. He's just another all caps grandstander who's too much trouble and not worth the fight. Reminds me of Liz Cheney before her historic record breaking fall per end loss exclamation point, close preen. The people of Kentucky won't stand for it. Just watch all caps. Do I have any takers? Triple question mark? Anyway, Thank you again to the House Freedom Caucus for you a very important vote. We need to buy some time in order to make America great again, greater than ever before. Unite and win and of Donald Trump ex post or truth social media post. I presume that's where that landed. For his part, Massey responded saying he's not going anywhere. Quote. Someone thinks they can control my voting card by threatening my reelection. Guess what doesn't work on me? Three times I've had a challenger who tried to be more maga than me. None busted twenty five percent because my constituents prefer transparency in principles overblind allegiance. Retort from Congressman Massy, it's up an interesting uh interesting thing going on here between the Trump administration and Congressman's mass. He's principled. I mean, I understand why he's a no on this. I get it all day long, and he's always stood on his principles. I think his biggest concern is it doesn't do enough by way of cuts. But we have Republicans we need to deal with that aren't as interested in, you know, slimming down the size and scope of government as others are. You know, there are different stripes of Republicans within the Republican Party, and of course all the Democrats are uniformly a no on literally anything Trump does. So you have Trump Arrangement syndrome on one side, meaning you need all the Republicans to get around this continuing resolution or it's not going to go through. And the idea of the continuing resolution, of course, is to buy time so we can do the budget reconciliation, which may come with a lot of great things in terms of cutting and pairing back the size and scope of government, a variety of things, including you know, legislatively confirming the Doge cuts, or legislatively approving or you know, stamping of approval so they can avoid litigation over the Doge cuts. Anyhow, I don't know how you feel about it, Feel free to chime in five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty, five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three taco with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Meanwhile, back over the border with a giant WTF question mark on this one. Wow, Bipartisan support it does exist from time to time. How about this? A four hundred and two to one vote House of Representatives passed yesterday Bill aimed at cracking down a Mexican cartel's use of tunnels underneath the southwestern border to get illegal immigrants into our country, along with fentanyl. You may notice that fentanyl's a problem. Trade wars over fentanyl.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 2: More on that. With the stock market losing four trillion dollars in value some say because of the tariffs anyway, overwhelming bipartisan support for this bill. The only dissenter bat crap insane leftist Marxist represented Rashida to the Lee Democrat Michigan. It's bill's spot primary sponsor, Representative Ilukraine, Republican of Arizona, but also co sponsored by Representative Luke Correra of Democrat of California. It's the Subterranean Border Defense Act, which would direct US Customs and Border Protection to submit an annual report to Congress about cartel's use of tunnels and how US law enforcement was looking to combat it. Representative the Ukrane. Since nineteen ninety, officials have discovered more than one hundred and forty tunnels that have breached the US border within eighty percent increase in tunnel activity occurring since two thousand and eight, with border crossings thankfully going down since January. First, I think it's to assume this will drive threats to our border underground through these tunnels. Democrat Carrera. I believe this bill is an important step in the right direction, said, If it would pass, it would been proved Congress's efforts to counter illicit cross border tunnels and hold bad actors accountable. Wow. Well, it's nice to see by partisanship along along the line, well for most people. But what the hell is with Rashida Talib when asked by Fox News submitted a comment or a quest for a comment from her office. What do you think the response was? Right, did not immediately hear back. So voting no on this one can only conclude that she once tunnels underneath our border, that she is in favor of the well continuing illegal immigration population. And she may very well be in favor of that. But what about the drugs? An idiot? Five sixteen fifty five kr Steve Talk Station, Steve, hang on one second, if you don't mind, We've got a few words and then I will take your call. I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 2: Channel nine, first Morning on the forecast Todday plenty of sunshine. Exclamation point on the forecast. I have seventy five clayer of a night down to forty two tomorrow mostly Sunday sky is seventy five over night, partly cloudy forty five and on Thursday, a partly cloudy day. It'll be dry until late Friday. They saying Thursday's high seventy five, string of beautiful days forty seven degrees. Right now fifty five kr CED Talk Station five nineteen, come up at five twenty fifty five KARRASIV Talks Station five point three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two to three talk nine five to fifty on eight and T phones, and very quickly before we get to Steve. Please, as a motorcycle rider, although only occasionally so, planning on getting the bike out, giving the beautiful whether a shout out to all the motorists out there, please, Dear God. I know we all drive crazy these days. Everyone's crazy on the road. It's just insane. I enjoy driving so much that it doesn't bother me so much. They're crazy people out there, except when I'm on my motorcycle. It's a chess game. You have to pay attention to the road. You need to look out for morons and idiots more and more each day. But please please keep your eyes peeled for motorcycles. And if you're a motorcyclist, dear God, please wear a helmet. Let's do it. Steve's got Steve, thanks for holding and indulging me for a moment there. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Hey, Brian, how you doing today?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Man? I hope you can say the same.
Speaker 7: Fantastic.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, I'm a big fan of Thomas Massey's but I'm a little tired of his intransigence. This is a binary choice and by choosing to do what he has done, he's essentially voting with the Democrats. So to me, why not make your point very clear? Say it's not what I like, but again it's it's the I'd rather have fifty percent of something than one hundred percent of nothing. Yeah, and that's where Thomas says, and I'm just I'm tired of it now. Again he's a good man, but boy, he's wrong on the last couple of things. You gotta you gotta play ball to get something done.
Speaker 2: I understand your point all day long. Steve and I'm gonna ask him about that when he's on the show tomorrow, and I know, I feel like I'm pretty confident knowing what he's gonna say. But you know, is this a hill you want to die on? And I guess this point will be that he'll get re elected. And I appreciate the voters in Kentucky electing him, so, I mean, you know, make.
Speaker 6: Even and he does a great job, but boy gotta get gotta get something done.
Speaker 2: Yep. I like your strategy point though, you know it just it takes the opportunity to make a very profound point about why you don't want to vote for it, but for the good of the order and the sake of, you know, keeping our government open. Maybe that's he doesn't want the government open. I don't know, but we'll give an opportunity to speak up on this tomorrow. He's always welcome on the show. I dearly love the man and like what he stands for. But you know, I'm kind of leaning in your direction on this one, Steve, and I'll be happy to tell him that just because you know this this is a train wreck coming our way.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much Steve for making the point I truly appreciate it, all right, Yep, stock market lost four trillion value and they're blaming Donald Trump's tariffs on this, so the markets are like getting skittish and jittery. Wall Street. So far, I've been doing pretty well, but yesterday the SMP five hundred closed down eight point six percent from its February nineteenth record, shedding four trillion dollars in market value since then and nearing a ten percent decline. That would represent a correction for the index, although in the background they've been saying it might be a correction for quite some time. Is it really the Trump tariffs which really haven't kicked in and earnest yet. Nasdak Tech heavy down more than ten percent from its December high. Now that's you know, collective decline since December. So I'll let you draw your own conclusions on this. But I have to pivot over to Ontario, which apparently is providing electricity to several states here in the United States. Ask yourself, why you know, I'm you know? Do you do you want to be depended? I mean, we have such a great relationship with Canada, and I don't think anybody ever thought it was going to go down the toilet, and I don't think it has completely gone down the toilet. But Trump's tariffs have obviously caused a rift between our countries. And you can't always rely on a foreign government to provide you with a life necessity, in this particular case, electricity. So Ontario Premieer Doug Ford has followed through with his pledge and imposing a twenty five percent tariff on electricity exported it to the US because of the tariffs, New York, Michigan and Minnesota are the ones that are the recipients of Ontario's energy generation. So the tariff wanted to affect yesterday. Here you go. Here's where the reality hits, bumping up the cost of electricity for one point five million households and businesses in those states. Tariff will be paid by utility providers in the three states. The province will net and estimated three hundred to four hundred thousand dollars every single day. So Ontario will benefit from this, But when the rubber finally meets the road, it's written that the tariff will add roughly one hundred dollars per month to the rate payers built Ford said, I feel terrible for the American people, because it's not the American people who started this trade war. Trade war. It's obviously related to Trump's twenty five percent tariffs on items imported from Canada. Although they were paused for a while, they're still there. So you know, this is one of the things where I don't know that I'm necessarily in going back to the whether or not you're on congressom mess the's very principled side and wanting to vote knowing the continuing resolution. I'm not an always trumper, and these tariffs kind of puzzle me. Again. Reciprocal tariffs, in my mind, are okay, if you're tariffing our country, we're going to tariff your country. What's the point of all these tariffs leveling the playing field, but enacting tariffs in order to get another government to do something that maybe isn't in its best interest. I don't know. This is how you end up in a trade war, which we may very well be in right now given the market's reaction to this. Markets go up and markets go down. I've lived through quite a few of these cycles before in my life. Five twenty five right now for the five kc DE talk station, feel free to call maybe you got a different opinion, or maybe some other topic you want to talk about. Beyond that, I'll get to local stories coming up next. Stick Around Tells Channel nine says today plenty of sunshine, highest seventy five overnight clear in forty two. Tomorrow another sunny day with the highest seventy five overnight forty five with partly cloudy skies and partly cloudy on Thursday, but another highest seventy five forty seven degrees Right now fifty five kr SE Detalk Station five point twenty nine. Any very happy Tuesday, tu men feel a little bit better after that time change Monday if we don't really dragging a most most Dangerous man in Washington. My guest yesterday Scott Miller, another medical professional speaking truth to power and getting in a lot of trouble for it during the COVID nineteen Lockdowns Smith Event episode eighty two, characterized as by Joe Strucker complex issues with sensible solutions. So you got those podcasts to check out Yesterday fifty five carsee dot Com, get Tryhart MEDIAPP were you're there so you can stream the audio where we happen to be, including out of state and hello to my out of state listeners. They just get tickled when I get calls from the Oaks out of state and I get took a one. I get calls from anybody literally, So feel free to call five one three S fifty hundred eight two three talk, get a load of this one and prompt to Andrew Rowan. WCPO is Andrew Rowan reporting on this City Council activities. Yesterday they approved the motion to allocate about a million dollars for new fleet vehicles for the Department of Public Services, since any Fire Department and CINCINNTI Police Department. The funding aimed at allowing the city to purchase new dump trucks to better prepare for winter weather. Obviously, the response of the snow in January wasn't really that adequate. Six hundred city streets were not even bothered in twenty percent of the city's winter operation fleet was out of service. Five poin two vote, voting against Seth Walsh and Vice Mayor jan Michelle lemon Kearney. We'll get to the reasons why they voted no. Motion allocates one two and ninety four thousand dollars from the Capital Project Fund three hundred thousand of which will go to the Camp Washington Skate Park project. Joff Drekker had a reaction to that one nine ninety four thousand and eight dollars for DPS, Fire and Police Fleet needs motion reads These were funds intended to be used for one time capital expenses. Jeff Camerdon, councilman candidate Camerton, said the motion was an important first step. Underscored that word I did toward improving the city's fleet. Quote, and you'll love this quote. We've kicked the can down the road for years. That's the reason the fleet's in such poor shape. Clothes quote Now, what else? What haven't they kicked down the road for years? The roads themselves? Right, Jeez, Louise And who's been in charge of the city of Cincinnati now for the past four decades? Who? Who? Thank you, Tom wherever you happen to be in our thoughts, in prayers, and as Andrew Road observes, the money will do little to fix the problem. At most, it affords the Department of Public Services count them too dump trucks. For his part, counselman Seth Walsh quote, I don't want people to be misled to think that today's allocation in any way makes any indentation on any of the problems that we have experienced, called the funding largely symbolic, symbolic of their struggle against reality. Most notedly advocating for a more substantial approach to addressing the fleet's needs, he advocated using existing bonding opportunities. For her part, Vice MARYA Ja Michelle Woman Kearney said a holistic approach to upgrades would be more appropriate. Joe, do you know what that means? Skate park? Oh? Okay, are you ready? In the meantime, she advocated using capital reserve dollars not for the deteriorating fleet, but for projects such as the Clifton Cultural Arts Centers Headquarters, Artworks, Creative Campus, Art Park, and the Winon Hills Community Center. Joe just interjected a political campaign opportunity or support opportunity. We need Corey badly, Corey Booker or mayor. Kearny said, we need these organizations the one the ones I judge meant just mentioned to get funded and get funded right now. Someone wrote, why question mark. Our fleet needs to get funded as well, but the fleet needs to wait until we have a comprehensive plan.
Speaker 4: Well, we're.
Speaker 2: For his part, Jerry mcleeese, regional vice president of Ohio's Council Aid and Local Union two forty president, described the funding as a positive first step, saying, while it seems like it's a minute drop in the bucket, at least it's something in that bucket. Three years after condemnation, former Forest Fair Mall will soon be demolished and redeveloped. Apparently it's gone through several ownerships and has had high vacancy. We all remember that Fairfield City Council a prow moving forward. The demolition redevelopment planned last night's meeting. Twenty eighteen, the parking structure was closed for failure of a fire suppression system, and in twenty twenty two, the inside of the mall was condemned due to health and safety concerns. Cole's the only remaining store. It will be leaving next month. Apparently lots of vandals. It's fallen prey to vandals, break ins, and weather and time, because obviously they're not maintaining and upkeeping it because there's no reason to. You know, buildings tend to deteriorate, roads fall apart if they're not well maintained. Going back to other things that the City of Cincinnati has been kicking the can down the road on five thirty five Right now, fifty five KR seat talk station, you get a stack and stupid to dive on into your phone. Calls are quite welcome here in the fifty five krsee morning shot, So feel free to call. I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Is your weather time Can nine says beautiful, beautiful forecast next several days. Plenty of sunshine today with high seventy five, clear skies over night down to forty two Sunday skys tomorrow seventy five overnight low forty five, partly clouding, and a partly cloudy Thursday, going up to seventy five but now forty seven degrees to fifty five KR Sea talk station. Time for the first traffic update from the UC Help TRAMFHIC Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the U See Health Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's a clear choice for wrapp up live saving treatment. Learn more at ucehelp dot com.
Speaker 8: Highway traffic not bad to deal with early on this Tuesday morning. No recks to deal with, and right now it's hop Pound seventy one, under twenty minutes between Field Zerto and downtown in Pound seventy four.
Speaker 9: Looks good too.
Speaker 8: Shocked Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's five thirty nine, fifty five kr CD talk station. Hope everybody's having a decent Tuesday. Try to make it one anyway, Let's smile on your face. Damn call if you like something you want to talk about. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three taco ton five fifty on AT and T phones. Anyway, it's not a stupid It is that time of the morning show. We go to Detroit what is described as a new level of distracted driving. I guess the bar has been raised. Fifty eight year old man allegedly preoccupied by a pornographic movie on his cell phone, crashed and rolled his vehicle, all while not wearing pants. What do you think he was doing? Joe. All happened at three thirty in the morning on Sunday I seventy five in Detroit, Michigan, accord to State Police. Michigan State Police Lieutenant Mike Shaws, speaking with CBS. That is the strangest thing he's ever encountered on the roadway. Quote, we see people putting on makeup, we see people doing different things as far as hygiene, as far as reading books. It's almost to the fact there's so much technology out there, a lot of people are paying more attention to what they're doing other than driving their cars. Going back to my point about please look out for motorcyclists, it is that time of the year. Clifford Ray Jones of Detroit partially ejected through the sun roof when his nineteen ninety six Toyota rolled over and he was thrown from the VFA and died. No other drivers were hit. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Indeed, I did see a guy driving down seventy one one morning with a full laptop on his dashboard, and I do believe he was watching a pornographic movie as he sailed by at high speed. Not a good idea. Women recently arrested in Florida after attacking a man with a can of pringles and possibly causing him permanent disfigurement. According to law enforcement. Shanika Sardhal twenty eight years old, now accused of one kind of aggravated battery. According to an Orange County Sheriff's Office, incident occurred Thursday last at seven to eleven on International Drive in Orlando. Deputy arrived in response to a call about a physical fight at the convenience store. The victim, a man, told the deputy that quote, a male approached him and made a comment to him about his vehicle. Then inside the store, the victim asked the defendant if she was with the man who had inquired about his vehicle. Abruptly, the victim stated that Shanika eventually struck him in the eye with a Pringle's chip can and took off running cord of the Affidavid. While speaking with the victim, I observed that the victim had a significant cut in his right eyebrow and below his eye, causing him to believe the cut looks significant and appeared that it would have a scar and permanent disfigurement. Later, law enforcement caught up with Saradal south of the seven eleven after the victim identified her as the alleged culprit. She was detained and brought back to the scene of the crime corner of the Affidavid I asked Shanika what happened, and she advised me the while she was inside the seven eleven, the victim was saying rude things to her and being disrespectful, Deputy said. Shanika said the victor him at one point called her a C word. Schneik admitted that due to the victim being rude to her, she hit him. Man who was attacked over said he was not being rude at all. Quote. As I pulled up to the seven eleven, there was a guy sitting outside and I got out of the car. He said something underneath his breath, so I ignored him. A walk into the seven eleven. So I was standing in the line. There was a young lady in front of me talking to the cashier. She seemed like she'd been drinking, so if she stood to the side, and as I was about to pay for my drink, I asked the young lady if she knew the guy outside. Victim said surety, then turned around and hit me in the eye and above my eye with this Pringle's chip can and split my brow above my eye just seven eleven employee witnessed the incident and vouched with the victim's version a male customer got in the head got hit in the head by a Pringles can. According to the employee, all the guy did. All the guy was doing was informing me of another male customer that was laying down on the side of the building. A female called the guy a b I don't know what the word is. Figured it out for yourself. It's just be with a line after it, and whacked him with the Prinles can, which literally was flying down one of the aisles. The male customer's eyebrow was split open, deputy said. The deff was initially found with a can of Pringles on her person asked her if she paid for the can, and she allegedly replied that she was unsure. No dad is listening, isn't he dude to not having immediate access to the camera. Shaniko was not charged for the petty theft due to lack of evidence at the time in the arrest. Defendant arrested that same day. She was not listed as an inmate of the Orange County Jail as of the time of the reporting. I didn't know you could do that much damage with the Pringles can. Mississippi James hang on, brother, I will take your call when you get back after I mentioned Foreign Exchange, because it's a great place to take your car to be serviced if it's traditionally imported manufactured car, whether it's from Asia or Europe or made here in the United States with a traditional Asian or European moniker. Foreign Exchange. What the point of foreign Exchange is It changes is to saving money, and always saving money is important to me. But you have nothing to worry about. Your car will be serviced by an a SC certified Master technician and they have access to your manufacturer's technical information and they can do like for example, software updates everything they fixed our cars over the years. They do a wonderful job, and I have saved heap loads of money, or our family has generally because we all take our cars to Foreign Exchange. So get a full warranty on parts and service and pay less money than the dealer and probably have a much better experience because there's such nice people at Foreign Exchange. And the Westchester location is what I'm specifically speaking of because that's where we have been going now for years and years. Just hit the Tylersville egsitt off of I seventy five East and go to street, hang a right on the second street. It's not that far. I don't even think it's like an eighth of a mile off that exchange right there. So confidently lie on Ford Exchange. I have, and I'm very happy about it. They're wonderful people. Five on three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six. Learn more online Foreign X. That's for in the letter X dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 10: The iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 5: Award war goes to our twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Here's your channel nine first one and one. A forecast day plenty of sunshine, highest seventy five clear overy night down to forty two Sunday. Tomorrow's seventy five overnight, cloudy and forty five and a partly cloudy Thursday with a high of seventy five forty eight degrees.
Speaker 8: Right now, it's ye for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to Strip, every second counts. That's why the u SEE Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for wrap up by saving treatment.
Speaker 9: Learn more at u s Health dot com.
Speaker 8: Highway traffic not bad to deal with early on this Tuesday morning, North found seventy five. Do we just find out of Earlbinger into downtown? That's less than seven minutes West End two seventy five, Wide open past love one, Chuck Ingram on fifty five Ever seen the talk station?
Speaker 2: Five point fifty fifty five car see the talk station? And Happy Tuesday. Always welcome phone calls here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. If I get back to the stacker stupid. Let's hear from Mississippi James. Welcome back, my friend. Good to hear from me this morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, doctor Brian. Let me put a couple of things. Get your prospective bonus. What a fifty percent approval rating be good?
Speaker 2: Okay these try in these times, I'd say that's pretty good. No one gets more than fifty percent these days. Okay, I suppose it depends, But it depends on what you're talking about. You know, there are overwhelming majorities, like, for example, people who don't believe that men should or women should play, or men should play against women in sports. You get like an eighty five percent of the population says no, that's just not right, it's unfair. But in terms of political approval rating, you're hard pressed to find somebody that's got fifty percent.
Speaker 3: But go ahead, okay, I'll give Trump a fifty percent approval rating.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know, now if we look at it from another angle, we know fifty is off.
Speaker 2: That's a failure. So you could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just all depends on where you are stationed in life. Now, if you're in the one percent of two percenters, hey, that's good for you. But if you're on the other.
Speaker 11: End of the spectrum, it may be bad for you. So you know, people have to look at where they're in life, what their gender, and quit expecting policy in this time. Now they shift again where the politics are the people we sent to Congress do for the majority. It'll never satisfy everybody. You do want to see that majority going and people, And to me, I look at it just as praying. You know, we'll have people beg in God to do things for us that technically we could do for ourselves.
Speaker 2: Oh I was waiting for that. Thank you. You know, it's just like Europe relying on the United States to be it's a police department. You know, you shouldn't have to rely on some other country because the dynamics and politics may change. And you might be without a police department for lack of preparation. Take care of yourself. Do not look to government to solve the problems in your world, because you will always end up on the disappointment side and the low approval rating. Yeah, excellent exclamation point.
Speaker 3: Get it. We got to get it out there. Where were more people understand this? Yes, you know, instead of the bashing and tef smashing and scratching.
Speaker 11: Hey, let's bring it on the.
Speaker 3: Positive side and explain to peoples and those they get it will get it. Those that don't, hey.
Speaker 12: They won't.
Speaker 2: Thus it has ever been God bless you missus when you coming back into town.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've we've cleared the deck of the winter weather, so you are going to be able to come back and enjoy and relax in the springtime here Mississippi James. God bless you, sir, and the best of love to your beautiful wife. Have a great, great day, my friend, say five fifty three to fifty five kirsh DETALKX station. I can get one more stupid story, and I saw this one the other day. Joe, Joe putt it out for the stack of stupid this morning, a Russian spa in San Francisco named Archimedes Banya apparently entered into a controversial situe. Entered into a controversial situation because it decided one night a month that were going to have a ladies' night in order to preserve what they described as a phallic free space. The night at the full nude SPA note that only scheduled again once a month. Transgender people and their allies expressing outrage that the SPA was trying to exclude biological males from ladies' night going to the backcrap insanity of this whole concept. It's not about one night. It's a symptom of a deeper problem, and it's going to become worse if we don't speak up against it now, said one account on Reddit whose name referred to satanic themes. Transgender person from Oakland, Razelle Swimmer, who had what was described as bottom surgery, canceled a plan to go to the SPA as a birthday treat. Swimmer said, I don't have a fallus. I've been erased in that statement, and it almost certainly erased trans men from this will a fallus free transman showing up in ladies' night only night be accepted or rejected. It's totally unclear.
Speaker 10: Wow, nobody can.
Speaker 2: Joe said he was chiming in on behalf of the eighty five percent. It's a privately run business man. You gotta play by their rules. Five five, Well, this is the world we live in now. Have you ever been in the cockpit before? Not that one night and not that one night, Joe, one night a month only you can't call it that stick around pleay to talk about in this six o'clock hour, you know, and more of that anyhow. I'll be back after the news.
Speaker 1: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 8: Every day, America's deadline is over.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC being talk station the new I heard that this is the.
Speaker 2: Six six here at fifty our karrosit talk station. If you're all having a happy Tuesday, one hour from now, looking forward to having it back in studio. Former an Inspector General Todd Zenzer, host of the Citizen Watchdog podcast Joe Chreker produced broadcast I might under score. If you need a podcast produced called Joe Strekker, I'll be happy to do it for you anyway. Todd Zenser returns to talk about Hyde Park and the efforts to remake Hyde Park. I guess build giant buildings and tear down the original old school look of it. A lot of citizens in Hyde Park not thrilled about that. That brought to you by the City of Cincinnati city budget. Speaking of the City of Cincinnati, we'll talk about that with Todd and I don't know, but he does. He'll explain the ARC program. That'll be the Hour with Todd Zends or Inside Scoop with Bred Part. It is Tuesday. We do that every Tuesday. Bright Part reporter Randy Clark joins the program to talk about the border and the return of Daniel Davis for the Deep Dive every Tuesday at eight thirty. And were of course going to get an update on the latest with Russia and the Ukraine. So Jack added in Thomas Massey and Jason and Paula Tana tomorrow in the Morning show, and of course I will ask Thomas Massey about Donald Trump, well, calling him out and demanding he get primaried, because Thomas has already expressed he's going to be a no vote on the Continuing Resolution. Don't know whether you're in favor of that, should he sacrifice his principles in order to get that done, or should he stand on his principles anyway, I said it was going to continue this bad crap insanity. Of course, the one night a month women's only naked Russian spa in San Francisco got in the transgender community all out of whack and upset. So let's go to where you count and where your money is being spent. Man, this is just cancelation after cancelation, and quite revealing. They are US Department of Agriculture canceled a grant worth six hundred thousand dollars. I know it's a drop in the bucket in terms of federal government spending, but every little bit counts. Cancel the grant worth six hundred thousand dollars for the study of menstrual cycles in transgender men Southern University Agriculture Mechanical College in Louisiana, the recipient of the grant. Grant description reads the first occurrence of menstruation occurs at approximately twelve years of age and ends it with menopause at roughly fifty one years of age. A woman will have a monthly mentoral cycle for about forty years of her life. Averaging about four hundred and fifty periods over the course of her lifetime. Okay, I don't think this was information that was held from the public or not widely understood by the general public. Description also says it's important to recognize that transgender men and people with masculine gender identities, intersects, and non binary persons may operative word also menstruate. At any given moment. About twenty six percent of the world's population is menstruating. What was the point of the study to address growing concerns related to menstruation? Joe, is this something you've had growing concerns about for a while? I mean, I know, not a topic you think about much. And does anybody believe that there are growing concerns related to transgender menstruation only among those holding their hands out to receive grants I might speculate or assert anyway in addition to addressing grown concerned lad administruation, including growing concerns regarding the potential use of natural fibers such as hemp in feminine hygiene Project products. Okay, okay, if that's a thing, let it be a thing. If there is a market for hemp hygiene Project products that make them. Put them on the market, see if people will buy them. You could advertise that they're better for the environment. Perhaps you may have a audience out there for people who menstrate that might want to buy Hemp Feminine Hygiene Project products. But you need to fund a college with six hundred thousand dollars to do that. The grand had been scheduled to remain in progress until April twenty twenty seven. Props to the nonprofit American Principles Project, which uncovered this ridiculous grant identified more than three hundred and forty federal grants issued during the Biden administration for various institutions like colleges and hospitals, totally more than one hundred and twenty eight million in federal funds. Wow, there's a whole lot more. Let's see what Pat's got first, though, Love the callers, Pat, welcome to the program, and a happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 7: Good morning, sir. You definitely let some flames underneath me today. Isn't it funny how the full circle of hemp has to come back on us because it was a very reliable fiber. And they've even found hemp clothing and tombs in Egypt. Yeah, and that was by mister Hurst so he could sell more cotton economics. Baby, that's what runs the.
Speaker 2: World, amen, brother.
Speaker 7: But what I was going to really get to is the power plants. Isn't it funny how the chickens have come home to roost because they have to buy power from Canada. New York is one of those states where they knock down their power plants that were cold fired, that will probably be burning ninety seven percent clean, but in the name of climate change, they flatten them. Now they got to buy their power from somewhere else, and all of a sudden it's gotten more expensive because maybe the people in Ohio aren't selling people plants in Ohio were selling New York power because New York was losing their power grid and their ability to sustain it. So here we are chasing our tails. The circular firing squad is proving itself again to be not real.
Speaker 2: Bright right exactly, not looking out for their own best centers, not anticipating that the dynamics can change the world's an imperfect place. Relationships get you know, broken, and uh well, and the sun doesn't shine right and the wind doesn't blow, So how you can rely on solar panels and a windmill to keep your power on. You literally cannot do that. And if you've shut down your nuclear plants and your other in your gas power plants, and your other available electricity sources that are reliable continuously night day, wind or no wind, then you have well set yourself up for blanking disaster. I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: And in the meantime, everybody else has to pay more for power because New Yorkers are betting a higher price per kilowatt hour than the people in Ohio are. And then all of a sudden, the people in Ohio have a higher electric bill because they let Beckjor get flattened. And then right now that big Zimmer that was going to be nuclear is a coal plant, but they're shut it down. Oh please don't let it get flattened, because then we will be up a creek with no paddle on a cold winter day.
Speaker 2: Certainly possible, certainly possible. Appreciate your observations, Pat, I can't argue with them. And you know you can look to Germany's another illustration of the stupidity. You know, they're the ones that are screaming and yellow about us cutting off foreign aid to Ukraine because well, they want the war to continue because they're worried about Ussia invading them or something. Meanwhile, they're buying natural gas from oh, that's right, Russia. Why because while they shut down their own nuclear plants and they think windmills and solar pans are going to solve their problem in an effort to create this zero carbon emission society, which literally isn't if they're still burning natural gas which they buy from Russia, which of course helps Russia and its bottom line and funds their military in some indirect way. Perhaps it's just insane circular firing squad like that. That's pretty much what this all is. And it's all built on the climate myth. I mean, look out into the world, the literally trillions and trillions of dollars that Western nations underscore have spent pursuing this zero carbon myth. It's plant food, folks. But because we've all been indoctrinated a believing that our exhalation is killing the planet. How we want to get rid of cows because of the methane from their flatulence, based on the idea that they're heating the planet up, But they're not heating the planet up. I mean, climate change is legitimate, always has and always will change ebbs and flows in the climate cycle. It's been happening since the Earth was created. But no, this time it's our fault and we were jeopardizing our own existence chasing this dream. It's insane, absolutely insane. But you know, more and more people are backing off of it, including DP British patroying I saw an article just a moment ago earlier this morning, or they're moving back to drilling. They're getting away from this climate ideology. Why because it's not making many money in the shareholders are really upset about it. They got an obligation to make money. Profit maximization is a fiduciary obligation by the board of directors. But more and more entities, more and more countries are waking up and realizing that no, this is all a myth and a dream, and we're not going to continue down that road. And good save us from ourselves. And Greta Thunberg six fifteen fifty five KRC detalk station. How about Gata Heaven Cemetery located in Montgomery, a really beautiful, beautiful setting. You know, they encourage folks, you know, everyone's open to enjoy the beautiful setting. You want a quiet contemplation moment. You want a moment to you know, enjoy nature, maybe engage in some prayer or just quiet contemplation. You're in the right place at having Cemetery. Montgomery got the winding roads and pathways, the monuments, statues and shrines, seasonal flowers, lawns are always well attended. Reflective water features enhance the tranquil atmosphere, and again a perfect location for prayer and reflection, especially during the Latin season as they observe. So find comfort and peace in the Cemetery's quiet reverence surroundings open to everyone. I'll underscore that again. Ministering to the Tristate for more than seventy seven years, honoring life on sacred ground. To learn more about Gate of Heaven, go to gateof Heaven dot org. That's Gate of Heaven dot org.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 9: Power iHeartRadio Musical Wards start coming back.
Speaker 2: Jennen and Iron tells us, as far as the weather goes anyway, it's gonna be last sun today highest seventy five, clear every night down to forty two. Another sunny day tomorrow seventy five for the high partly Claudia every night down to forty five and partly Cloudie Thursday as well, with another highest seventy five forty seven degrees. Right now, let's get an update on traffic from Chustney.
Speaker 8: Room from the UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the u SEE Health Comprehensive Strop Center. It's a clear choice for a wrap up life saving treatment. Learn more at youseehealth dot com. Highways not bad to deal with that all this morning. Seth Pound seventy five. There's no delays through Sharonville and de Lachland North Pound seventy fives under seven minutes out of merle Linger to the bridge. Chuck Ingraman fifty five KR and C lead talks Finction.
Speaker 2: At six twenty fifty five KR CD talk station. You got something off or please feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk. Looking at little efforts here and there in this hour in terms of cutting and relating it back to all of the crazy DEI stuff that's going on in the world. There's a separate study on the vast amount of money, taxpayer money that the Biden administration unleashed, and all these different federal agencies concerning DEI, but one little slover of it US Environmental Protection Agency EPA. Lee Zelden, he's the administrator, now announced that his department canceled over four hundred DEI and Environmental Justice grants. Environmental Justice the savings almost two billion dollars, EPA said yesterday. The grants were canceled with the assistance of the Department of Governmental Efficiency. Grants reportedly identified across nine unnecessary programs, savings one point seven billion. According to the relations from Zelden that this marks the fourth round of EPA DOGE partnered cancelations as the administrator oversees a line by line review of spending, bringing the total taxpayer dollars saved to more than two billion dollars. Since being sworn in, EPA Administrator Zelden, working hand in hand with Doge to rein in wastefuls federal spending, EPA has saved more than two billion in taxpayer money. It is our commitment at EPA to be exceptional stewards of taxpayer dollars that a couple of weeks after Zelden previously pledged to recover the twenty billion in taxpayer funds lost by the Biden administration to climate projects. There you go with the climate projects again. You know it's a mini industry. These projects fail time after time after time, even with the assistance of taxpayer dollars. This infusion of cash from the federal government thanks to your labor, gets handed out to hand picked friends of government. It's the old throwing the gold bars off the Titanic, and that's what exactly happened the end of the Biden administration. The un least is twenty billion dollars and it went to City Bank to lock it up there so City Bank can select these individual organizations to be recipients of the money. Thankfully, responsible individuals now in charge are taking and getting the money back, and in terms of how much overall money. There was a stublic study published this week regarding the Biden administrations infusing DEI policies into the federal government. New study, conducted by Functional Government Initiative and the Center for a Renewing America identified four nine and sixty programs in twenty four government agencies and the Biden administration that diverted resources to DEI at initiatives. At least, are you ready one trillion taxpayer dollars infused with DEI principles. Study lays out DEI infusion across several agencies, including the Defense departments planned to quote integrate environmental economic justice tools into training femas need to quote instill equity as a foundation of emergency management, and the labor departments pushed to quote imbed equity in sustainable in a sustainable manner that recognizes the multiple and overlapping identities held by workers. What a bunch of psychobabble. Apparently his first day in off is Biden's Executive Order one three nine eighty five, if you want to look it up. Aimed at carrying out the stated goal of advancing equity and racial justice through the federal government, this order mandated a whole of government approach and into injecting DEI philosophy into the federal budget. In alignment with this director, the Biden administration apparently spend trillions of DEI related initiatives in a manner and at speed that has shrouded public awareness of the financial burden. This is the first I learned of the total quantity of money it was injected to rethink government along these lines. Cumulative budget project programs they wrote exceeds one point one trillion a quarter of the report. However, this figure does not encompass all DEI related expenditures, nor does it include every program across these agencies. The findings reveal a substantial increase in DEI spending, largely attributable to policy directors under the Biden administration. Yeah, I think this is a way to absorb up all the college education degrees in studies programs that had absolutely no value to society. You've got to create a demand and DEI by infusing it into all areas of government, it created demand for these different AIS agencies within the various agencies, like, for example, the Defense Department to open up DEI offices to hire a bunch of egghead college grads that had degrees in DEI or something. The only conclusion I can reach, sorry, you're going to have to go out and line and learn a life skill that is actually demanded by society, going back to the laws of supply and demand and a free economy. People don't want it, you don't build it. But in the case of the federal government. If you don't want it, they create it and mandate it and make it by edict and create the demand artificially, which of course is why you're going to work today, so you can earn money so they can take a chunk of it to fund programs that no one really wants and don't really benefit anybody. Six twenty five Ffty five k's Detalk station asked Pete Hegzeth, the military should be involved in killing people and breaking things, not well reimagining society along the woke lines. Let us see before we get the local stories, you can feel free to call. I want to mention QC Kinetics to deal with your pain. And you know I've been asking these questions out loud on behalf of people with pain. Whether or not you're a good candidate for QC Kinetics is I don't know, But if you answer yes to any of the questions, then yeah you may be. And they'll offer you a free consultation to talk about this regenerative medicine, the therapies they offer that can provide lasting pain relief, maybe for you. An The point is, maybe that's why you meet with them for free to find out if you're a good candidates. Your quality of life impacted by chronic pain, knees hip, shoulders, other areas, joint pain. You got trouble sleeping, walking, doing day to day movement. Maybe don't you want to avoid surgery. I can't imagine someone who's looking forward to it. There's a lot of pain that can go along with it. You got recovery and of course pt for a long period of time, and you don't know if it's ultimately going to work. And finally, do you miss doing things that you love because joint pain is holding you back just every day activities like simply like walking or golfing, or jogging or riding a bike. So if yes, the four going, you probably are great candidates that don't wait call for the take them up on the opportunity. It's a free consultation and that way you can learn about the regenitive medicine that they provide and no drugs, no surgery or downtime. QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five. The talk station Channel nine First Warning Weather forecasts sells us. We've got a few days of beauty ahead of us today. For example, plenty of sunshine, highest seventy five overnight, goin to be clear in forty two, sunny again Tomorrow high have seventy five overnight, little forty five with clouds and a cloudy Thursday. It's still highest seventy five, forty seven degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 8: Chuck from the UCL Tramphing Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's a clear choice for wrapping my seeming treatment. Learn more and you see health dot com. Highway traffic continues to build. Steppen two seventy five the heaviest to get on Michael Cropper Bridge and through the construction. Right now, do it down seventy five a little bit heavy. You're approaching Kyle's. There's a record sixty eight just above seventy one and Wilmington. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRSC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Coming about six thirty one. If you've ve KRCD talkstation. Todd's Enzer, former Inspector General off the top of the our News host of the Citizen Watchdog podcast. We'll talk High Park, we'll talk to city budget, and we'll talk about the ARC program. Bright Bart inside Scoopinato five Daniel Davis Deep Dive at eight thirty. So you can also feel free to call the show if there's something you want to talk about. So we're having some fun with this morning in the local stories, speaking of Todd's enzer and the city budget, what about snow removal? Prop's going to Andrew Rowin from WCPO reporting this is so silly. Council Committee approved emotion yesterday to allocate about one million dollars for new fleet vehicles for the Department of Public Safety, Cincinni Fire Department and since anti police department funding aimed to, in their words, allow the city to purchase new dump trucks to better prepare for winter weather, obviously on the heels of the poor response of the winter weather we had in January, where a whole bunch of streets were not even dealt with six hundred specifically and twenty percent of the city's winter operation fleet described as out of service. Motion passed with a five to two vote. Two council members Seth Walsh and Vice Mayor Jean Michelle lemon Kearney voted no for different reasons. So the motion actually allocates one basically one point one point three million dollars from the Capital Project fund, with three hundred thousand of that going to the Camp Washington Skate Park project and the balance going to the Department of Public Services, Fire and Police Fleet needs. Motion reads these were funds intended to be used for one time capital expenses. Jeff Camerton counts some ofbur Camerting said the motion was an important first step toward improving the city's fleet weave. This is a quote. We've kicked the can down the road for years. That's the reason the fleet's in such poor shape. Close quote. Much like the roads and other infrastructure that has been neglected for years and years under the who again operates the City of Cincinnati and hans for the past multiple decades. Democrats, do you have a choice, folks. Sadly, the money will do a little to fix the problem, as reported. At most, it allows DPS the purchase of two count them dump trucks. For his part, Seth Walla's Countsman Wallash, I don't want people to be misled to think today's allocation in any way makes an indentation on any of the problems that we have experienced, calling the funding largely symbolic, and advocating for a more substantial approach to addressing the fleet needs. He advocated using existing bonding opportunities. For her part, Vice Mayor Jamichelle lemon Kearney said a holistic approach to upgrades will be more appropriate, and I don't know what that means. But in the meantime, though, she would like the using capital Reserve dollars for projects such as the Clifton Cultural Arts Center's headquarters, Artworks Creative Campus, Art Park, and the Winton Hills Community Center. Is that a priority for the residents of the City of Cincinnati, That's a priority for her anyway, she said, we need these organizations to get funded and to get funded right now. Our fleet needs get funded as well. But the fleet needs need to wait until we have a comprehensive plan. Well, isn't an incremental purchase of vehicles a comprehensive plan. If they don't have the money to buy as much fleet as they need right now, then maybe buying a couple of dump trucks will be a step toward a complete fleet that will adequately deal with the needs of the residents of the City of Cincinnati. Now, you don't want to buy him in January because the demand is probably up in January in the price therefore would probably higher in January. I think you would buy him in the off months when you don't need a snow removal equipment. Just a thought. March, April, May, June, July, August, September. Yeah, I can't. I don't know, Joe. I haven't priced snow removal equipment industrial level. Jeremy mclaue, he's the regional vice president of Ohio Council AID as well as the local union two forty president, describe the funding as a positive first step, saying, well, it seems like it's a minute drop in the bucket. At least it's something in that bucket. She's trying to be practical about it. Six point thirty five fifty five gar see thetalk station. Feel free to call all five one three, seven, four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talker hit pound five fifty. If you have an AT and T phone and you want a bank in Emory, it's a better way to bank. I've been banking an Emory for years and years, and I've appreciated what they do for me as a person who has an account every Federal credit you, my wife and I both do some of my kids, by the way, we recommend the bank at Emory, so they do that as well. But speaking of kids, maybe you're you or your child are planning to go to college. Maybe you need a little financial help, which wouldn't shock anybody. Emory Federal Credit Union is now accepting scholarship applications for its members. So you got to be a member. You have to be planning a two year or four year college this fall as a full time student, and there's certain other restrictions apply. Those are the primary ones. For more information, just visit EMORYFCU dot org learn about the benefits of banking you and memory and how to become a member. That's EMORYFCU dot org. Applications must be postmarked by March thirty first NMLS number four zero one zero eight seven. They're federally insured by NCUA. They are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Stake Chenna nine first one weatherfre cast got plenty of sunshine today with the highest seventy five overnight it's got to be clear and forty two for the low seventy five, the high again tomorrow and again sunny clouds rolling overnight down to forty five. I'll have a partly thirty Thursday again with high seventy five. It is currently forty seven degrees and it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 8: Chuck from the UCL Tramphic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is clear choice for wrapping life saving treatment.
Speaker 9: Learn more at ucehealth dot com.
Speaker 8: High wait traffic not fad at all to deal with's so far this morning, I am starting to see some break white southbound two seventy five between the Lawrence Bert Ramp and the Carrol Cropper Bridge northbound seventy five at northbound four seventy one. Do we okay? Chuck Ingram Moon fifty five KR and seen the talk station HY six forty fifty five AIRCD talk station. Hey, very happy Tuesday team.
Speaker 2: You see If Todd Zinzer has any to say about Corey Bowman, an alternative to the current administration, of the city CINCINNTA. Of course, Cory Bowman is running from the air of the City of Cincinnati. So far, apparently it's gotten help from the Republican Party. They're playing nicely together. Can only hope that that happens and maybe people will seek out an alternative for a change and give the other guys a shot. I don't think the Democrats have been working out real well for the residents of the City of Cincinnati so far. I've got serious problems going on, and someone knows all about it. What's saii Jim Kiefer, Welcome back to the program, My dear friend's great having you on this morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Brian Thomas.
Speaker 13: Yeah, let's flip the natty, buddy. I mean, it's time, it's way past time to get something in there. And this is kind of piggybacks on what you were talking about with the two dump trucks.
Speaker 12: That gets me so pissed off.
Speaker 11: They got to have some kind of.
Speaker 13: Facility management team down there. It's overpriced, probably a three hundred thousand dollars a year job for some to pick up you know, cars, trucks. Every once in a while. You're gonna laugh at this I actually see a Crown Vic riding around with the police cars or police marked on the side in the District three.
Speaker 2: I mean that car has to be twenty some years old. They even make those anymore.
Speaker 13: No, they stopped making them years ago, and I was surprised when it's probably been a couple of months, but I saw one of these things riding around. It has to have three hundred thousand plus miles on which is kind of surprising since I do buy forge, But for a Ford to last that long is really surprising.
Speaker 2: Especially the wear and tear police put on those cars. I mean they deal with a lot more wear and tear than the average driver.
Speaker 13: It was a twenty four hour, you know, seven day.
Speaker 2: A week car.
Speaker 13: And then they talked about actually buying electric vehicles. You know, it's a three hundred mile range, let's say, on electric vehicles, when are they gonna plug it into charge? I mean you need time to plug in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny because when they were talking about buying these dump trucks, I did write in the article and the margins there are they going to be electric? Because you know the city of Cincinnati has a green agenda as well. They want to be zero carbon emissions. And I can't imagine electric dump truck being really effective or practical under the circumstances.
Speaker 13: Oh it'll be fast, I mean it'll get someplace fastest to four guys in a truck under a tree, But I won't talk about.
Speaker 2: That one in the middle of the winter when the batteries don't last as long with electric vehicles. Yeah, just what you need when you're trying to remove I license snow.
Speaker 13: But this city is so horribly run they just what is it the shoot ready aim or whatever you always talk about. It's just it's amazing that they can operate and actually get up in the morning and get anything done because they just.
Speaker 2: Don't know what the hell they're doing.
Speaker 13: I mean, they've got a lot of overpriced people that seem to kind of like shoot from the hip, and like I said, like you said, two dump trucks, they could probably buy thirty and they'd still be under undermanned, like the police department.
Speaker 2: That is certainly possible, or even the fire department. But what's what's with with with the Vice Mayor of wanting to fund the Clifton Cultural Arts Centers Headquarters and Artworks Creative Campus Art Park I don't even know what those organizations.
Speaker 13: Lives, lives and hangs out. All all the council people live either in Clifton or on the east side of town, so you don't have any you know, they forget about that. It's it's always funny. And I used to talk about the fact that the Mill Creek actually splits up the city and the council things that the Mill Creek is in Indiana. It's incredible. It's it's actually incredible. And then your favorite little pet pet peeve is that that road that's still is Stah is still mess now now that the snow is gone, the potholes have opened up even more. It's like route Yeah, I'll go on that road. I go all the way up the hill just to and you know, I'll go around. It's like listening to a GPS. You've got to go around because if you go up sunset, you're just asking for an alignment.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know. I've I've joked about that. Someone that should open up an alignment store, maybe at the top and the bottom of the road, because it's it's just got awful. But it's been that way for years, Jim. I mean, that's why I keep the fall.
Speaker 12: Tip of the iceberg.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there's roads like that all over the west Side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, west Side is always an afterthought as you observe.
Speaker 13: Well, you know, maybe when Corey gets elected that he can kind of devote some of his time over here because it's he's i know, his second opening and his second kickoff is coming up and it hasn't been announced where yet, but we're working on him to maybe have a third one at Pricel Chili.
Speaker 12: Just that's kind of the place to go if you're a Republican.
Speaker 13: They have an event up there, I'm sure that'll pack them in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if I if I plan on attending it, it means don't take Sunset.
Speaker 13: Well I was going to invite you, but yeah, I don't think you know. And the car that you drive is kind of like the well, I don't have the car that you drive, but something similar that's load to the ground. I wouldn't even venture. And not the Queen City is any better. I mean, you go of Queen City and you got to turn on Sunset, I mean you got to dodge them, and luckily you got a car that can maneuver around some of those as long as there's not somebody without insurance going up next to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you maneuver around one, you end up going into another one. Yeah, my car's not that big. I'll fall into the pothole. It's like driving into a sinkhole. Those things are so bad anyhow.
Speaker 13: Just think the person behind you is going to be in a night and nice little as he cruises over your your top and your hood and your trunk, that'll fill up the hole.
Speaker 2: He's looking for a bit, looking for a bride.
Speaker 13: Unbelievable, Brian, It's unbelievable the way this.
Speaker 12: City is run.
Speaker 13: Yes, I mean I just shakes my head, shakes my head.
Speaker 2: YEP, I understand, and I hear you out loud, and I cannot disagree in iota. I fortunately don't live in a city, and I hate to have to say that, but you know, I've received emails from folks as I'm out. I left. I left for the reasons you're talking about, and that's not an uncommon occurrence here. On the fifty five KCE Morning Show, So.
Speaker 13: And Brian listen, I'd be great to listen to Todd about Corey because he's been going to the events and we actually had our our Republican club on the West Side had the first time that Corey was in public, he was up there with the other Republican that or the other gentleman that's running. I had him up there to talk, you know, on what their values were and what the city was about and this and that. And Corey put out the plan pretty well much less not what the other gentleman did well.
Speaker 2: And the other gentleman has been widely reported has a social media account that is the Touts and has shown support for Democrats across the board.
Speaker 13: Am I right on that, Bett Simpson? Butta jig, you can go on down the list. Yes, it's not a not a very favorable resume to you know, back up on somebody that's running as a Republican.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because you put an R after your name, Mitch McConnell, doesn't mean that you are true into Republican values.
Speaker 13: And exactly and to come out and ask for an endorsement or state that you're a Republican in those things, You've got to remember once you put it on the internet, as a Lincoln says, it's out there forever.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. Thankfully that way we can know what people are truly about based upon what their you know, statements are in real time permanently.
Speaker 13: Well, I appreciate, I appreciate the time, Brian.
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling. Jim, have a great day, my brother. It's six forty seven coming up a six forty fifty five KCD talk station. You can feel free to call too. But first I want to mention Peter Shabrine and the team at Shabri Group at Kellerwilliams seven Hills. And you know what, the only real estate team I would ever call for my buyer's aid and or seller's agent. I know Peter well, the man's brilliant. He has assembled the best in the business with the Sabrin Group at Kelowaiams seven Hills. And they know it's a competitive market out there and they want to help ensure that you land your dream home. So as your buyer's agent with Seri Group, qualified clients can leverage the cash to Keys program which will allow you to make a cash offer, which often leads to lower price and better terms. Sellers love cash offers. Don't have to wait for financing contingencies and all that kind of stuff. You can close very quickly. This is how, this is the way you always get a five star experience with Peter Shabrin Kellowaim seven Hills five star experience. You're gonna expect, you can expect it, and you will. They will deliver on it. They truly provide value as a real estate agent. So to reach them, go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dotcs put a five to one three in front of it and take away the dot com five one three seven zero eight three thousand, or learn how to spell schabriz Cha b r I S subary group. Put in your search engine. You'll find them right there, and you should and tell them. Brian said, Hi.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC dot com have you found you?
Speaker 2: Channel nine says the weather is great, summon it up. Got sunny skies to day with the highest seventy five clear overnight down to forty two. Another sunny day with the highest seventy five tomorrow forty five, the overnight low with some clouds and partly cloudy Thursday, but also highest seventy five forty seven degrees.
Speaker 13: Right now.
Speaker 2: If you have KRC talk station, let's get an update on traffic from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 8: From the UCLP Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the uc Health Comprehensive Stroke Center, it's the clear choice for wrapping life saving treatment. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Stepend two seventy five. Allow a couple of extra minutes between the Lawrence purg Ramp and the Carroll Proper Bridge, having your traffic there, and just beginning to build northbound seventy five near Kyle's chock Ingram on fifty five ko Z the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's six fifty one at fifty five kr seed detalk station coming up at six fifty two. You know, I'm really honestly very excited about it is RFK Junior's efforts to improve America's health. I think it is just we are behind the eight ball in terms of our health of BC rates climbing. Of course, more and more diseases and children are unhealthy. And a lot of it has to do with our food and what we're putting in our bodies. And I remember there was a restaurant up in Chicago when I lived there. They had the best French fries on the planet. And the reason they tasted so good is because they were deep fried in beef tallow. A lot of people real with the idea, oh my god, a beef tawllel. That's just no, no, no, And that's we moved over to vegetable oil under the argument that it was better for us. But it turns out, you know, the high heat and temperature and vegetabil the seed oils are absolutely horrific for your body. Go ahead and look it up yourself. And a lot of people don't know this, but alternative to seed oil is beef tllo. It's one of the main components of processed foods seed oils and put in everything. Everything requires oil, your salad dressings and all that. So don't go down that road if you can avoid it. And even though I can't eat French fries right now since I have, I'm trying to stick to my lower or low carb diet. Steak and Shake taking the lead on this one. They now are deep frying their French fries in beef talo and has anybody got him yet? Is a noticeable increase or a better taste? Anyway? Robert F. Kennedy Junior went to Steak and Shake over the weekend. I guess Hannity was with him. He said, Steak and Shake has been great. We're very grateful to them. Before r FK ing the French fries, they turned me into a verb. March First Companies said it officially started cooking with one percent all now natural beef towel at all of its location. Chief Global development officer for the company said, at the consumer wants the best and deserves the best. By adopting one hundredercent beef towel, is Steak and Shake is delivering the best possible fries and I'm sure that probably tastes better in addition to being better for you. RFK said, we want to do everything we can to incentivize these companies to be transparent, to switch over from ultra process food, to be part of this movement to make America healthier. We're poisoning ourselves and it's coming from, you know, principally these ultra processed foods, and it doesn't want to take anything away from you. This is the other counterpoint. Unlike democrats, who you know, we're taking away your straw, we're taking away your plastic bag. If you get information out into the world about why certain things are bad either for the environment or for your body. Let people make smart choices for themselves. You tend to want to do that. Said, people should be able to make their own choices. If you want to eat a donut or seed oils, you should be able to do so. You said you should be able to exercise informed choice. You should know what the product is, what's in your food, and what the health impacts are. That's all we're gonna do. Good. That's actually a very libertarian approach to things. Government is not going to dictate to you that you can't use seed oils. That'd be a left wing Democrat fascist way of going about solving a problem. I don't believe in that, and need that is he but I believe in giving people information. The better educated you are, the more inform your decisions will be. And if you go down the wrong road, you'll suffer the consequences, but it won't be for want of information. It will be because you chose to ignore the information provided to you. That's the way life's supposed to be. Six fifty five fifty five care Se Detalk Station Todd Zenzer, former inspector general host of this Citizen Watchdog podcast. For the full hour coming up, we'll talk park we'll talk city budget, we'll talk Corey Bowman, and we'll find out what the ARC program is. Todds ends are up.
Speaker 1: Next from a full rundown and the biggest headlines just minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 10: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know.
Speaker 1: Fifty five Krze the Talk Station.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by Miami.
Speaker 13: Promises Kept Politicians won't do it.
Speaker 1: Join us in the chat.
Speaker 7: Cost out a politician and I love it.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: It's a seven five and fifty five kr See the Talk Station Extra special Tuesday. Here coming up in an hour Insights Scoop with Bright Bart, reporter Randy Clark on the Border and Daniel Davis Deep dive with the latest on Ukraine Russia. That will take place at eight thirty. In the meantime in video, Todd zenz Er, former Inspector General and host of the Citizen Watchdog podcast. Good to have you back in, Todd. It's always a pleasure. Thank you. Brian, Good morning man. He's got his fingers on the pulse of what's going on all around the area, including the city of Cincinnati. We've got some interesting things to talk about in the city of Cincinnati. First off, how's the Citizen Watchdog podcast going?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's going, it's going great. I really enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Great. I bet you do. You get talked for a full hour or whatever on you.
Speaker 4: Know when I try to keep it to about ten minutes or so. Oh, no kidding, Yeah, So people don't have to listen to me for that.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, man, you're interesting. And again you have all the facts. Let's start with this, since at council meeting yesterday apparently they had a million three laying around that wasn't used from last year the Capital Project Fund. You watched this whole council meeting on this, this debate over where to use that money.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did yesterday and the ultimate.
Speaker 2: Vote was to buy a couple of dump trucks to try to better manage the snow removal, but also spend three hundred thousand dollars on the Camp Washington skate park project. Something I had no idea about. Is there a skate park lobby out there or something.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of enthusiasts for skates and BMX bikes and things like that, and they have organized and for the last I'm not sure exactly how long. But it's a million dollars skate park. Wow, that f to have Purvol mayor Purvol kind of took on as a project and they needed this three hundred thousand to finish the project. And it's probably going to be done right around the time where they need some ribbon cutting for the campaign.
Speaker 2: Of of course it will be. Now, the question is do they have money for maintenance and upkeep of the aforementioned skate park once it's built.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think that's currently in the budgets.
Speaker 2: They'll talk about that, no, okay, because they're supposed to have money to fix the roads, and I know a lot of people are having some problems with the fact that the roads haven't been fixed and have been quite neglected for years and years.
Speaker 4: That's right, yep, huh.
Speaker 2: Okay, ignore what you've built and build something else so you can have a ribbon cutting ceremony. Now, I'll acknowledge I would much rather have a kid ride around a BMX bikes or skateboarding outdoors in the sunshine than sitting in his basement watching our playing video games and drinking mountain dew code red. I mean the health benefits cannot be ignored. But see going back, Yes we want this, that and the other thing. We have a list of things we want from the city, including a skatepark. But if the city can't afford or neglects everything it already is responsible for, then I'm the kind of person that would say, no, no, no, we need to deal with what we've got already. And once we find ourselves in a budgetary position where we can say we fixed that already, We've taken care of the infrastructure, We've dealt with the whole broken windows concept. Now let's entertain ideas about where this is, where the next capital expenditure is going to be. Who's got ideas? One hand's going to be raised saying we need skateboard park, and there'll be a multitude of other hands that get raised saying no, no, no, we want this, and no, no, no, we want that. For example, I know there were hands raised in terms of where to spend this money because Vice Mayor jan Michelle lemon Kearney wanted this money to go to the Clifton Cultural Arts Center headquarters and Artworks Creative Campus Art Park. I've never heard of those, and why would she want money to go there as opposed to say the skate park or buying the dump trucks to deal with the snow removal. Do you know anything about these organizations, Tod zenzert Well Artworks.
Speaker 4: Artworks is one, pig Works is a second one. Oh, and then I think the Cultural Center is a third one. And they were basically all trying to tap into this one point three million. Pigworks is the group that promotes or operates the Fine Pig Marathon and all the associated events. And the head of Pigworks actually is the I think he is the editor of the Business Career. But they came in looking for money to finish some brick and mortar brick and mortar headquarters up in Walnut Hills, I believe, really, And in his testimony he said that they generate like twenty million dollars worth of economic activity as a result of the marathon, and I don't think Artworks had quite the same economic story. But these are groups that fall into this leverage support category that we talked about last time, and you actually had a caller yesterday who talked about it. It's the same thing. He I think I met him at the budget hearing that was held up in Price Hill a couple of weeks ago, and these are This is a prime example of how the Democrats have gotten support in the community. They have numerous nonprofits NGOs, et cetera that they distribute about twenty million dollars to and they have this relationship where they feed off each other.
Speaker 2: So the city taxpayer dollars go to these outside organizations for serving whatever purpose. And then presumably the outside organizations then beyond what they are structured or built to do and accomplish, like run the Flying Pig Marathon, also serve as a political wining to help the council people and the mayor and the vice mayor get re elected.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's actually there's actually a word for it, Brian. It's called client teleism. Oh really, yes, you can look it up. It's called client teleism. And I do have a podcast on it and where I read a couple of definitions, and that's exactly what's going on. The groups and the politicians form this relationship where it's, you know, they help each other out.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's it. Sort of sounds like what pg sutent vote got in trouble for. I mean, can I say that out loud? I mean, it sounds very analogous.
Speaker 4: Well exactly, and the protections that are necessary to make sure that all these are arm's length, it's very very important. I don't really think they exist. Here's here's on this leverage support. The city manager has a like a process for people to apply, and they go through and they fill out an application, et cetera. They justify their request. But then somehow, after the city manager makes her recommendation, the mayor gets to provide extra money to whoever he wants there, and then the city council gets to add money to whatever they want. Next year, the city manager came in with a recommendation for like four million for a certain list, and by the time they were done, it was raised one point five million dollars because of what this mayor wanted and what the council wanted. The mayor gave an extra two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to one group just with the stroke of a penanty. I don't know how he does it. That's how it looks anyway, and I did. I did talk about that at the budget hearing. I had two things I thought they should do at the budget hearing. One was be more transparent about how that works. But the other one was I think they should have something in the budget about what the mandatory costs are, What are the requirements by the federal government, the state government, the city charter, what must we spend money on. Yeah, and break it out into mandatory versus discretionary and all of these.
Speaker 2: Like the federal government has mandatory and discretionary.
Speaker 4: Exactly, so that when we start giving money around, we have to make sure that we provide sufficient funds for those things that we must.
Speaker 2: Do well in a certain respect. And I mean this with the highest praise. You're kind of the powerless Elon Musk in this situation because you're raising this whole like, well, you know, we got a litany of multi billion dollar programs that we're now finding out about that no one knew about, that our taxpayer dollars are funding, and that Elon Musk is bringing it to our attention. This is the kind of thing that needs to be brought to the City of Cincinnati taxpayer's attention because they may be looking at their front door to road that hasn't been touched in twenty years, it's got potholes in it, and they're frustrated as hell, and then we find out that somebody's got their hand in the cookie jar and have to have purvalls decide how much money they're going to get. Yeah, for political purposes.
Speaker 4: I actually looked into the internal audit function for the city, and on their website, for example, they say that what they do, they say a bi annual risk assessment, which seems a little too frequent, But so I I put in a record's request to see the risk assessments. Well, they actually don't do risk assessments. So when you have situations like a fleet of snow removal vehicles that can't remove snow that should be picked up in a risk assessment. Yeah, how they are operable exactly, but they don't do risk assessments. Apparently they say they didn't have the resources to do it.
Speaker 2: Let's pause. Well, of course, spending an hour with Todds, ends or revelations abound seven fifteen fifty five kerc DE talk station I no word or two or many for pressed Esionteriers. The ultimate kitchen remodeling operation is run by, and owned by and operated by the man you'll be working with. His name is John Ryan. Pressed Esionterriers John Ryan has been to a kitchen for like thirty five years, almost exclusively, and he does a great job. He'll sit down with you at the outset and it should design all the way through final installation. He is the man you deal with. He will make it happen. He will bring about your kitchen desires and man, let's face it, the kitchen is the heart of the home. Spends so much time in our kitchen. We love what he did with our kids, and you'll love what he'll do with yours too, from the biggest to the smallest projects. Maybe just one counters and cabinets replace, he can do that. But if you want to gut the whole thing, start from scratch. Trust me, he has got wonderful ideas for your kitchen. So count on him A plus with a better business brewer. He's been at this for a long time and you'll like working with him. I assure you of that. It's Prestige Interiors Online Prestige one two three dot com, Prestige one two three dot com. Tell him I said hi, and you call for an appointment five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Here's your channel nine weather beautiful day to day sonny and seventy five down to forty two overnight with clear skys sonny again a bar and the highest seventy five overnight well forty five with some clouds and a partly cloudy Thursday highest seventy five forty six degrees. Now it's time for traffic.
Speaker 8: From the UCL Pramphing Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is a clear choice for wrapping life saving treatment.
Speaker 9: Learn more at you se how dot com.
Speaker 8: Highways not all that band sat bound two seventy five the heaviest for a couple of extra minutes between the Lawrence Perg Ramp and the bridge northbound seventy five and northbound fourth seventy one, just beginning to build into downtown Chucking Ramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven nineteen I fift about KRCD talk station, eye opening conversations so far right out of the gay with Todd zender Do. You can find his podcast Citizen Watchdog and learn about this kind of thing all the time. And we all learned a new word this morning. At least I did clientelesm and I mentioned PG sitting fell because we had this project, and PG essentially was convicted of the quid pro quill concept right where he said, uhh, you line my political action committee with some money and we'll get this project approved. That's right, That's pretty much it. That's right now with these these outside organization, these non governmental nonprofits that have their hand in the city tax payer dollars cookie jar and are rewarded with apparently random arbitrary decision making by on the part of the mayor and others to get money. As you pointed out, that their proposals are submitted to the city manager. The city manager hands over her recommendations and then he arbitrarily can raise them. As you mentioned last time, he raised it what one and a half million dollars to an original four million dollar ask, but no discussion or anything, right, nothing in the budget about that, nothing in the budget. Clientilism here's the definition, is a political system where goods or services are exchanged for political support. Essentially, it's a quid pro co relationship where politicians and voters, voter or groups groups politicians or political elites provide benefits individuals like jobs, grants, or public services in exchange for electoral support or loyalty. That's the quid pro quo. It's not them handing money in order to get a project done. It's the city randomly and without oversight, handing money out to these groups knowing that they will get those groups members and you know, people work in the streets form spreading the information regular election.
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Is that not equally corrupt? Is it that not in exchange of value for value even though it doesn't involve them handing money to the politician, it just works the other way around.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's it's in a gray area to be sure, Brian.
Speaker 2: You're so yeah, you're so delicate, Todd Zenzer, No, I'm calling it out. It should be a federal probe in that. I mean, they looked into PG Sittenfeld, didn't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, Cincinnati is kind of the perfect size for this type of environment because it's not that big and the politicians are still close enough to these nonprofits and local groups that this can flourish.
Speaker 2: Okay, did they did they speak at this meeting yesterday? These groups? Yes?
Speaker 4: They did. They In fact Artworks had several witness and the pig Works had several witnesses. I'm not sure about the Cultural Center. There was definitely somebody there speaking on his behalf, But so did the So did the local ask me a rep come in and thank them for the support for the equipment for the for the fleet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said that. That one quote kind of cracked me up from the the union head which was which was pretty funny because clearly one of the discussion points was this is not going to solve our problems and so far as dealing with snow removal in the future. It was a Jeremy McClees, Yeah, the union Local Union two forty representative quote. While it seems like it's a minute drop in the bucket, meaning these two dump trucks, at least it's something in that bucket, right, So it didn't solve the problem. It's one baby step toward getting a fleet that actually works and conserve the needs of the city. So you can make an argument that at least that expenditure capital was is going to provide something for the residents, as opposed to these other organizations which are merely going to provide political support for the elected officials there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, these groups do provide services, but it's all tied into the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what of all the other groups that provide services that also asked for money but this didn't necessarily get it.
Speaker 4: Well that's a good point because last year there were over ninety groups that made application for these funds and there were thirty five in that group that got funded. So about a third of the groups that apply got money. The other thing that to remember about yesterday's meeting is Seth Walsh basically said, well maybe we can borrow money, yeah for the fleet. Yeah, so bond Yeah, it it never ends, it never ends.
Speaker 2: This is just actually considered this quite disturbing. And you mentioned about the oversight pursue in to what federal guidelines dominate this or well, the audit.
Speaker 4: The auditors go in and they look at certain operations in the city and they have to follow or they say they follow the government audit standards generally accepted government audit standards, and that basically talks to the level of evidence you need to make a finding and kind of how you have to go about planning your work and the right steps for conducting an audit. Right, those types of things so they say that they do their work according to those standards, but part of those standards is to get your operation reviewed by another audit group. They don't do that. So they say they do their work according to audit standards, but they never have anybody come in and check and verify to tell people, yes, they do their work by the standards.
Speaker 2: And let me guess they don't do that step as critical as it is, because they claim they don't have the money to do it.
Speaker 4: That's what they told me.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, they just found one point three million dollars yesterday. I think that would got to fund that effort several years.
Speaker 4: Anyhow, I'm not I'm not going to argue with you, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty five. If you five kre see the talk station, Jesus is crazy. What's not crazy is getting in touch with Cover Sincy. Anybody in my listening audience, if you're in the United States, they can help you, just the name Covers sincey don't let that fool you. If you are looking for better medical insurance, maybe you're a small group. You want to provide your employees with medical insurance, but they won't buy it because they can't afford like nine thousand dollars out of pocket liability. You want to retain those employees, you need to get in touch with John Roman and the team at cover Sincy because they look at each and every person individually with them working for you and your individual employees. They work with two hundred plus insurance companies thousands of policies, so they can put together a package of insurance policies that will cover all the needs at low cost, at much lower cost than you get to find working with just one one size fits all insurance company. It's like a bucket that's got a bunch of holes in it that one see is not going to cover all the basic needs of the insured. When it comes to medical care, John and the team can do it. They do it all the time, so you want to reach out to them and talk to them. There's no cost to you, there's never any cost to you. Let them do the work and present you with what they will provide is a better option for you. You will be surprised at how much money you can say while at the same time getting better, better medical coverage. So without any risk to you, call them and find out five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five online. You can start the process by filling a form out online at coversinci dot com. That's Coversincy dot.
Speaker 1: Com fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be a sunny day to day with the highest seventy five says Channel nine down to forty two overnight with clear skys Sunday Tomorrow seventy five overnight clouds and forty five on a Hartley cloudy Thursday with the highest seventy five forty six degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 8: You see off traffic center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why the U SEE Health Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's a clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Really beginning to load up on the highways now southbound seventy one included break bights above two seventy five towards Peifer. Inbound seventy four backing the Montana. Southbound seventy five continues slow through Walkman and add an extra ten minutes northbound seventy five from Donaldson into downtown chuck Ing Ver Month.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KR see the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty here fifty five r C The Talks Day, A very Happy Tuesday to Todd's inzer former Spector General Citizen watch Dog podcast. Let's I'm just appalled at what we just got done talking about Todd and I don't know if anything can be done about it, but it just seems like it's a system built on corruption. Honestly, it's a boiled down a thing that I can conclude. Let's move over to connecting communities and what's going on in Hyde Park and High Park's going to have none of it. Their citizens are standing up to this redesigned redevelopment proposal. The buildings are too big that their planning is going to change the character of the neighborhood. They don't have a sufficient parking factored in. Other small businesses are worried because they need the parking spaces that are up there, and if they're flooded with a whole bunch of humanity without parking spaces, it's going to disrupt business. So it's a I want to say it's nimby, but their complaints sound justified. But the whole project in the remaking of Hyde Park Square was built on this connected communities idea right where they got rid of and changed the zoning laws.
Speaker 4: Well, there's the the issue with connected communities is that the city just rezoned connected communities would just pass last July. Yeah, now this developers coming in is very influential developers coming in and once a variance from that basically, oh is.
Speaker 2: That is that it? I thought the zoning, the change in zoning was what brought about this concept.
Speaker 4: No, what the what the people in Hyde Park are saying is hey, you just with the zoning rules. Why don't we just keep to what the current zoning rule says. And the developer wants to construct a boutique hotel and wants it to be three stories higher than any other building around, and they say they need to do that to make the hotel profitable. But there was testimony from one of the witnesses that spoke that their analysis was that this hotel's not going to be profitable. So there's some discrepancy there between the developer and one of the citizens who came and spoke, but there's no effort to reconcile those kind of things. The hearing was Friday, five and a half hours and at the end of five and a half hours, the members of the commission, those that chose to show up. There were three members of that planning commission that were absent, which is highly irregular. But at the end of five and a half hours of forty and fifty people talking or speaking, they had a fifteen hundred page meeting packet, They had seven hundred letters that came in opposing this. But at the end of five and a half hours, I think they took maybe ten or ten minutes each. The remaining commissioners took about ten minutes to make a decision. So it's really a joke of a process. And the absentee members. If you understand who the developer is, they're very influential in the city.
Speaker 2: High watched onto those words very influential the first time you said it, Yeah, very influential.
Speaker 4: So why did these three planning commissioners fail to show up? When was the last time three commissioners didn't show up for the same meeting. Is because they knew they were going to upset the citizens by voting for the project, or they were going to upset the developer for voting against it, and they just couldn't show up. I don't really know, but I think that's highly irregular. I wrote to the mayor and the City Council and I thought that those commissioners should be replaced. They ought to get rid of them, put some new people in that are going to represent the citizens.
Speaker 2: Huh, or put people in there that represented the very influential developer.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's the problem. I think that influential developer already has some people on the commission that are very, very helpful to them.
Speaker 2: So what is the status of the project.
Speaker 4: Well, the developer has purchased the property that they need to purchase, but this issue is it passed three to one in the Planning Commission to go forward on the project. So now it goes to a committee of the City Council and it needs to pass through that committee to go to city Council. But the way the city council operates is every member of the City Council are also members of every committee. So once this issue goes to the committee, and I'm not sure when it's scheduled, that'll be it they'll get. It'll be either approved or not approved at that meeting.
Speaker 2: Going back to your point that this is a very influential developer. I think we can see the writing on the wall, can't we.
Speaker 4: Yeah? And and what's what's really bothersome is we went through this in connected communities. There's a community in bond Hill that went through this. They put the public through these sarades of community engagement and input. Uh. And it's like Charlie Brown in the football. Every time the community comes forward thinking they're going to be able to kick the football, the city takes it away at the end. And it's it's a pattern that just recurs through all these all these Planning Commission issues.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to observe as we move into a break here that if the citizen who made the comment that the project will not be profitable the hotel, then what't won't it be just a dose of healthy shot in Florida for all of us to enjoy and watch the thing just tank under its own weight.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, if it goes forward, I guess, but you just don't want to get there. And the only thing the developer said in response to that was, oh, well, we have two insurance companies that said that it will be profitable or that it's a good application or something like that. But how after five and a half hours. That's not the only discrepancy in the testimony. Can't How can the Planning Commission just not decide to look further into those discrepancies? Take a recess, go back, look through the record, you've got the thing on tape, watch the hearing again, and then come back and articulate your decision.
Speaker 2: More with Todd Zenzer after these free for starting with but Herbert Motors, I love those folks. Thank you. I loved Westside Jim Keefer for referring me to butt Overmotors after my terrible box store experience trying to get a push mower here, I thought I was doing the right thing. You load it up yourself, take it home on box it, put it together, and it doesn't work. So back you go to the box store because they don't sell the best equipment like but Herbert Motors does. It's Keifer's like this, Do you call Bud Herbert Motors? Like No, I didn't do that, So to the phone I went, and the next day delivered to my door by Honda professional level push More, which I was told will be the last Pushmorrow I'll ever have to buy. And I believe them all day long. It's Bud Herbert Motors. You're dealing with Herbard family member and they've been at this for fifth generation seventy five, more than seventy five years, So ring them up. You're dealing with a Herbert family member. They are proud of what they do and they have a reputation to a poll, which means they really care about you, the customer. That's why they're only going to put you and hook you up with the best equipment out there. You got your John dere your ex Mark Steel, and Honda power equipment. They service everything they sell as well. I've had them out to my house to service my lawnmower and it's always in top running order thanks to the good people at but Herbert Motors. They will definitely treat you right online Butdheerbertmotors dot com. That's easy, Bud Herbert Mootors dot com. When you do call them, tell whatever Herbert family member you're dealing with it. Brian said high five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: Men, this is Jeff for Tri Statemen's Health the one you.
Speaker 2: Here's your Channel nine. First morning, we a forecast sunny skyes today with the highest seventy five. It's going to be clear, overnight dropping to forty two. It's gonna be sunny again to mark going up to seventy five again overnight down to forty five with some clouds, and some clouds on Thursday with of seventy five, it's forty six. Now let's get a traffic updations from the uc UP Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: When it comes to stroke, favorite second counts.
Speaker 8: That's why the u S Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is a clear choice for wrapping by saving treatment. Learn more at you see health dot com problems. In Bend seventy four, there's an angst in at the end of the ram from Montana right side of the highways, bucked up single file to get buy on the left, already over a twenty minute delay from north End and growing so second accident westbound on thirty two, just before you get the June seventy five King ramon fifty five KR scene the talk station.
Speaker 2: Amen to that Brother Todd's ends are caught at Shenanigans and revealing the seemingly corrupt nature of city government former Inspector General todds Enzer spending a lightning conversation and disheartening as well. Yeah, I mean talking about the you know, these handout to friends are going to work on campaigns ultimately, and it's all city taxpayer money, and it's just really heartbreaking. And the development of Hyde Park also seems, you know, just built in corruption as well. Let's move over to the Alternative Response crisis and we can continue the Shenanigans declarations on all this. Give us a reminder about the ARC program, which.
Speaker 4: Well ARC stands for Alternative Response to Crises and the mayor and the city manager started this as a pilot program back in twenty two, twenty two, and it is essentially an effort to send non police to certain police service calls nine to one one calls where somebody, I guess it's the computer system, a combination of the computer system at dispatch and dispatchers deciding whether they should have a police officer respond or a non police officer respond.
Speaker 2: And these are calls in the nine one one yes, all right, Well, that immediately to me suggests a need for a police officer. But I know that there are certain times people call nine one one in a non emergency situation, but this is for psychological breakdown kind of things, or.
Speaker 4: Well that's how it was sold. Back many many years ago, certain cities started what they call co rec deponder programs.
Speaker 2: CO as in a police officer plus.
Speaker 4: Correct that we're there to support the police when there were mental health issues in a situation or in a call. And after George Floyd, that co responder program kind of shifted to a alternative to police objectively, a defund the police. That was kind of a big part of the defund the police is to have more calls answered by non police officers.
Speaker 2: These are not trained officers, and these are people who are not armed, correct.
Speaker 4: That's correct. And I'm not really sure what type of training they go through or what their background is. Personally, I don't have a problem with trying to support the police when they have situations where there's a mental health crisis.
Speaker 2: Right, But that would require a trained mental health professional, right.
Speaker 4: But they should be associated or aligned with the police, not with the city office.
Speaker 2: And this group is aligned with the city manager's office.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they actually work for the Emergency Communications Center, which the city manager last year, I believe, moved that emergency communications center into her immediate office. So, yeah, the ARC program reports to the city manager or the head of the emergency contact center.
Speaker 2: And they are funded.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, they're a big part of the city manager's budget. And see, here's the thing, there's no way in the world if I were running that police department. I've got background in law enforcement, not police necessarily, There's no way I would let another operation working in my same environment. You're setting up conflict, turf force, all the rest of that. There's no way I would allow that to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, and if the situation deteriorates, you got one of these ARC folks showing up and the situation goes from non violent into a violent situation, which I'm sure any police officer will tell you can happen from time to time. They're not in a position to help to deal with that crisis.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, for example, when you look at the when you look at the data, the the ARC program only responded to like a miniscule fraction.
Speaker 2: I saw your editorial on that was point zero zero six percent of the total calls that came in.
Speaker 4: Right, But contrast that thirty eight percent of the calls were for trespassing, which last time I checked was a crime. Yeah, but apparently it is more towards homeless people trespassing on.
Speaker 2: So it's it's it's basically, don't arrest people for breaking the law kind of program. We don't want to give these people a record, We don't we need less policing. We just need to show what emotion or something along those lines.
Speaker 4: I think that's that. I think you're put your finger on it right.
Speaker 2: All right, And with two hundred police officers needed to make the full compliment of the city police department, let me guess they have aspirations to take that money that would otherwise go to fund the police department to get more of these ARC folks out into the world rather than police officers.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I think. That the ARC program, the people that work for the ARC program are much less expensive than a police officer, that's for sure. But just just knowing how I operated with my budget, if I had vacancies, I was concerned that I would lose some money down the road. If I say, you're not using your money for what you're supposed to be using it for, so we're going to use it for something else, and I don't want the police department to get into that situation now.
Speaker 2: But the problem with the police department isn't for you know that they've got these spaces that they intentionally are not filling. It's they need a compliment of trained police officers, people from the world who want to choose this as a career after having been demonized for so long. A lot of people who otherwise to become law enforcement officers aren't going to the academy or signing up for the job.
Speaker 4: Right. I'm very concerned that Cincinnati may have a reputation is not a good place to be a law enforcement officer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know that to be a fact because I have lots of friends in the Since a police department now is low, that's.
Speaker 4: Got to be fixed. I mean, if Corey Bowman gets in there, that's one of the first things he needs to fix, is what's going on with law enforcement in the city.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you brought up Corey Bowman. Maybe we can have a word or two with that. Final words from Todd Sen's are coming up after I mentioned affordable imaging. Imaging is not affordable at the hospital. Bottom line is it's really expensive. I personally think four thousand, five thousand, thirty five hundred dollars for an echo cardiogram, mri CT scan ultrasound is expensive because I know it is when you compare to affordable imaging services, where those are all less than a thousand. I think the most expensive image you can get affordable imaging services is it's an echo cartogram with enhancement, which is still eight hundred dollars compared to like four grand at a hospital. Yeah, and they can get you right into. Hospitals are known for lag time, like, oh, we'll get you in three weeks. Well, you don't have to wait talking about your heart here with the necho cardiogram, get right in and pay a lot less. Every image at affordable imaging Services comes with the board certified radiologist report that you and your physician will get within forty eight hours. It's very low overhead, no bells and whistles and fountains and all that kind of stuff, but you get the same medical equipment and highly trained professionals operating it. You got nothing to lose but money by going to the hospital. Don't do that. Go to affordable imaging services. More than forty years experience. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Exercise it five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand online It's affordable Medimaging dot.
Speaker 10: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Is your retirement channel nin It says it's got a great day on a hand's got a highest seventy five with sunny skies tonight clear and forty two Tomorrow's sunny again to the highest seventy five overnight forty five with clouds and a cloudy Thursday, seventy five seven right now from about kersee talk station type for traffic.
Speaker 8: From the UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center, it's a clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at u see health dot com. Inbound seventy four is crawling from before north Bend to an accident in Montana. Right lane is blocked off at the end of the ramp. Southbound seventy five slows through lock on northbound seventy five close to a fifteen minute delay out of Florence into town. There's a reck westbound thirty two at two seventy five, Chuck Ambram Month fifty five KRC, The Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty two about Kersee Talk Station, off top of the Our News, the Inside Scoop and Bright Bart News plus the Dane Davis Deep Dive at eight thirty. In the meantime, you got a couple more minutes with Todd Zenzer. Let's talk about the election coming up in November. We obviously have a one Republican candidate option, at least one that seems actually to be a Republican, and you mentioned him in the last segment, Corey Bowman. I mean just even the topics you talked about this morning, in this hour, I mean, I wish Corey all the luck in the world. I just think I don't think he knows what he's getting into.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, on the surface, the incumbent administration tries to make it look like everything's going great. But if you start looking below the surface, yeah, there are a lot a lot of issues.
Speaker 2: But a lot of issues that deserve a different set of eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, So a.
Speaker 2: Worthy endeavor to go with, Corey Bowman. And I asked you about the charter rights off air. They seem to have lost a profile at all in the city. They used to have a really good showing and they always had Charter Right members or council. They're a good governance kind of run party.
Speaker 4: That's right there. Values are good government. There are members of the Charter Committee from both sides of the aisle, yeah, across.
Speaker 2: You describe them off air as an eclectic group. Yes, I like that. So Europe on the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was recently asked to be on the board.
Speaker 2: So are we going to see some Charter Right candidates coming out this fall?
Speaker 4: Well, I think they're talking about that, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Well, but maybe they'll have to form a coalition government because with Corey Bowman actually at least maybe kind of having to be a possibility at this given the kind of things you're talking about the failure of this administration and the last several administrations to deal with the problems that all Cincinnatians face, like crumbling infrastructure, and they're woke ideology and throwing money at every kind of pet projects that that comes their way. Heck, you might get some Republicans elected. Liz Keating was the most recent Republican elected, So it can be done. Maybe you get some Charter rights. Some Republicans, and of course they'll be Democrats as well. You'll have to form a coalition government.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think that would be helpful.
Speaker 2: It certainly would because it would at least involve the exchange of different ideas. And usually when you have an open discussion and an exchange of ideas from different sides of the ledger, quite often the best plan forward emerges and is followed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can see that. Up until recently, the city council was very homogeneous and there was no dissenting votes or anything. But lately I've seen several cases where there is some cracks in the coalition up there on a city council.
Speaker 2: Well, like yesterday, for example, in the vote on what to do with this one point three million dollars exactly.
Speaker 12: Huh.
Speaker 2: Well, it did provide a wonderful springboard for you to bring to our attention what seems to be a quid pro quot thing going out there in the world with money coming from the city and going out to these non government organization.
Speaker 4: I think that's a big area of concern.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's worthy to look into further. I would just suggest I cannot thank you Todd zenser on behalf of everybody that lives in the city of Cincinnati, for being a watchdog and for looking into this and for providing just a wonderful explanation for the problems that they're facing and the potential for corruption which clearly exists based upon the way you've described it. It's just a wonderful service you're providing. And I know you don't get paid for it.
Speaker 4: Well, it's funny, Brian. You know I'm on a federal pension, so in my mind it's your tax dollars at work.
Speaker 2: Well, God bless you for doing it, Todd Zinzer. I love having you on the program and I look forward to doing it again. In the meantime. Tune into Citizen Watchdog. It's Todd's podcast. How often you do it?
Speaker 9: Did we?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: I tried to. Well, I've only started last month and I've got eight episodes.
Speaker 2: Great, well, we'll look forward to another one. Check it out where you get your podcast, Citizen Watchdog. Todd's been wonderful. Thanks again, and don't go away, folks. We get the inside scoop coming up with Bright Bart reporter Randy Clark, who's going to be talking about the border.
Speaker 1: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Not going to be complicated, It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by All States.
Speaker 6: Do no what?
Speaker 1: What did you follow? The efficiency?
Speaker 10: Look at all the fraud that he's shouting.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krz the talkstation.
Speaker 2: Eight six here fifty five kr CD talk station. A very happy Tuesday to you. Got the Daniel davisteefdie at the bottom of the air. We'll talk about the latest in Ukraine and Russia in the meantime. Welcome to the fifty five cars Morning Show. Bright Bar b r E I T B A rt dot com bookmarket. You'd be glad you did. Today. We had Bright Bert reporter Randy Clark to talk about the unfolding situation on the border where things seem to be getting better and better, at least for those who care about it. Welcome to the program sir, It's great to have you on today.
Speaker 12: Great to be here with you. Brent.
Speaker 2: Did you see Rashida t The Lee was the old hold out about the Cartel Border tunnel system vote yesterday from the House of Representatives. The bill was aimed at cracking down on Mexican cartels. It passed four oh two to one. They used tunnels to a tunnel underneath our southwestern border, and the bill requires some management and monitoring of that, and she was the lone no vote, no explanation as to why. But it was a nice thing to see some bipartisan ship.
Speaker 12: Anyway, you know it is.
Speaker 15: But for some people, you're just never gonna win them over, and she's one of them. And there's you know, there's a handful of others that will practically vote no on anything that's helpful as well.
Speaker 2: Well, and vote no on anything Trump supports, and they still just Trump's been living for rent free inside their collective heads now for years and years, and if he says he wants to do something, they're an immediate no, regardless of how sensible it is. But he did demonstrate on day one that it only took some executive actions to actually bring about some border security. It's a remarkable, remarkable shift from the Biden administration's open borders policy. And everyone recalls the Democrats kept screaming about, oh, Donald Trump killed a bill that would have fixed the border. We need to pass this border bill in order to stop the problem. Well, no, you just need a change of administration. As I read on Brightbart with your reporting, the Southwest border hit the lowest ever mark, down ninety four percent from last February.
Speaker 12: It's amazing.
Speaker 15: You know, I live about a mile from Mexico in Eagle Pass, Texas, one of the busiest border crossing spots during the entire Biden administration era, and it is calm, peaceful and quiet. And people don't realize when we say, hey, the borders under control what that means to those of us that live near and on it. And that means there's no debts, there's no children getting pulled out of the water that are drowning. That means that there's no pursuits on the highway that are causing accidents that are killing American citizens. That just means night and day difference for us that have to live it every day. So it's a big deal for America, but it is a super big deal for those of us that live close to that border well.
Speaker 2: And one of the things that was revealed with the open border situation is the smuggling of unaccompanied miners and the obvious trafficking in human beings. That was happening as a result of that, and you think of these poor kids and clearly what you might you can only imagine what they had to go through. That that has stopped, or at least has been curbed substantially.
Speaker 15: Oh, absolutely, we're seeing zero app henchion days in some parts of the US Mexico border. But those unaccompanied children you mentioned, there were nearly half a million in the four years of Biden was in office. Nearly half a million children were voluntarily abandoned by their families at the border to be used for a number of purposes. And you said, we can only imagine. You're absolutely right, because that's as much as we know right now. We can only imagine what happened to the bulk of those children.
Speaker 2: Well, and they seem to have been lost to the ether here in America. I mean, they were reportedly, you assigned to home to addresses that had no dwelling. They were handed over to people that had no familial connection with them. I mean, it's just a horrific situation. You just wonder if, well if they're ever going to be found. I guess this is something that comes to mind.
Speaker 15: Well, and what people need to remember is the federal government doesn't have any trained people on board that serve as child protective services. Those folks that handed over children to sponsors in the United States, most of them were contractors, and all they could do was a very cursory vetting of the thousands in custody a day. Up to eighteen thousand of those children were being held in federal government facilities, and it was a rush to get rid of them, and we were paying over seven hundred dollars a day to detain each and every one of those young children. So it was just a travesty.
Speaker 2: Well in other areas that are bringing about savings. I note again Breitbart reporting Randy Clark, the detention centers are now being shut down because they're now empty.
Speaker 12: That's correct. You know, there's just no need for them.
Speaker 15: And they were running ten to twelve million dollars a year in some parts of the country. Tucson had them.
Speaker 7: Where they are.
Speaker 15: Keeping them open, they're using them to facilitate the flights, the deportation flights, so they're not going to keep them open just to keep them open. And now we're opening hardened facilities that are used to detain folks waiting for remove as well, two facilities in Texas that are set up for families are starting to get the moth balls removed and they're going to be opening soon, and that's going to facilitate that those massive deportation operations that allegedly are on the horizon.
Speaker 2: Well, we can only hope because the current focus for the immigrations and customs enforcement are criminals, not just illegal aliens and not criminal virtue of them being in the country illegally or unauthorized, people who actually committed crimes and some of them going back to children pretty damn horrific. Randy.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so that's the good news.
Speaker 15: I mean, we know that, you know, as the operations are ramping up.
Speaker 12: That's the focus.
Speaker 15: Over almost six hundred and fifty just in the in the last month in the Houston area alone, and most of those eighty percent were what you would consider is criminal aliens.
Speaker 12: So that's a big deal.
Speaker 15: We know, we know now we're prosecuting folks for some of the most heinous crimes.
Speaker 12: Also, that's that's a good place to be.
Speaker 15: But I think the administration knows we had unvetted people coming into the tune of tens of thousands, sometimes a week or more, and that's going to be the pace that we have to put into reverse to ever undo the damage that was done over the last four years.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the mechanisms that the Trump administration just did to reverse that process is this turning the CBP one app into a self deportation tool. I thought that was rather brilliant what they did.
Speaker 15: It was and whether illegal aliens take advantage of that feature or not is really not the important thing. What the important thing is is consistent messaging across the board. And so we got consistent messaging under the Biden administration from the very get go that hey, come and searche the border, and then we dismantled every mechanism to remove somebody from the United States that Trump had put into place, and then we just basely abandoned ship on the border and let everybody come in and we release them, so that messaging was consistent. Now we have the message, a consistent message coming out going, hey, we're going to relaunch this app, which has other features that were really what it was originally for to facilitate legal trade and travel.
Speaker 12: Now it's also telling.
Speaker 15: Everybody, look, that app is there again, if you'd like to self deport yourself by all means, go ahead, but we're not going to facilitate you coming in. And that's important to have that message because folks are turning around mid journey, not even trying to reach the southern border. Now they've decided in Mexico, Central America, as far away as Panama, we need to turn around. That's what messaging does well.
Speaker 2: I think some may consider you exercising the option to self deport, whether through the app or not. But because we will fly them back to their country of origin, they don't have to take a multi thousand mile journey on foot. We'll give them a ride. Right.
Speaker 15: Well, we've seen we have seen that already. We've seen some folks that are packing up and leaving. Like I say, we've seen it mid journey. But we've seen folks lead from the United States on their own back to Mexico decide I don't like this here, I don't like this climate, and wondering if I'm going to get caught on my way to work or at the worksite. We know that this administration is putting a lot of pressure on ICE to do work side enforcement, which is pretty much just was abandoned over the last four years, and that's very important. But one other important thing to remember is that, yes, the president is right that all we needed was a new president to start to control the border. But we do need some legislation to keep it this way, because in another four years or eight years, we could have another president come in and open these borders again, and we'll be right back to where we were. So I think we certainly need to set some limits on parole. We need to start work side enforcement, as you know, as a regular thing. We need to get everified pushed federally to all fifty states. Make that mandatory. Make it cover contractors.
Speaker 12: If you cannot get.
Speaker 15: A job and you can't get benefits here.
Speaker 2: You will not come well and clean up the social security ranks with active social Security numbers out there probably being used by folks who are not authorized to work in this country, because conveniently, there are a whole bunch of Social Security numbers on the system that are still open, and our people would be one hundred and fifty two hundred years old if they were still alive, and they're not. There's no way they can be. So that's one other small area that seems to be a rather low hanging fruit, easy thing to fix.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, it sounds like there's you know, some more getting done at least in that direction that we haven't done before in history.
Speaker 2: Well, any other component of this. It's not just the United States and the environment and our cities being overrun and all the resources that have had to be dedicated to dealing with the illegal immigrant crowd, the school the housing, the food, the medical issues, but the fact that the Mexican drug cartels were human trafficking cartels also making billions of dollars off of this, so they get their funds dried up because of the lack of demand given the new border policies, but also the ability to smuggle drugs into the country is challenged by this.
Speaker 15: Yes, and you know, for too many years, look at the terror they've caused inside of Mexico. You know, we get lectured from Mexico about their sovereignty and this and that, and in almost every state they've got some of the cities with the highest murder rates in the world. You know, if you look at the top ten cities in the world, the bulk of them are in Mexico. And these folks they're bringing that death over here and now it seems like we are getting to a point that we have had enough. This president has had enough, and that's good because what they are peddling here is is substances that kill and substances that are addictive.
Speaker 12: So it's disruptive jobs.
Speaker 15: Over there, and we've imported the world's poor here and these cartels are just they're making a killing.
Speaker 2: Well figuratively and literally.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 2: And the other thing I think the service that helps Donald Trump win the election, this immigration crisis that was created by the Biden administration. We had the infiltration of these various gangs and in large amounts, and these are the worst of the worst human beings alive. They are violent, evil and they also engage in criminal activity and drug activity here in our country.
Speaker 15: You know, they've certainly taken the limelight of any domestic gangs. You rarely hear anything about, you know, domestic gang activity in the United States because these people are pros that leaving their home countries, they're extremely like you say, they're extremely violent, and they come in and they take over the vice markets in large cities.
Speaker 12: That's what they do. They've done it in Columbia, they've done it in Peru. The Venezuelan and friend at Iowa gang. That's what they do.
Speaker 15: You know, they fled Venezuela, but they didn't stop their criminal activity. They are here and they're moving from city to city as Ice goes to different places where you're seeing some actions in Houston, Texas, or you see someone in Colorado. Those folks are pros at just leaving. They're in Colorado one day, they'll be.
Speaker 12: Back in Manhattan and another.
Speaker 15: So they can be in your neck of the woods at the drop of a hat if they need to.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed that in your area? I know you mentioned you live right there close to the border, but I guess the deportration raids in Texas led to two hundred federal criminal cases. I can only imagine some of the gang members are among these. Did you notice or were you aware of gang activity during this what i'll call crisis under the Biden administration.
Speaker 12: Well, so that's what you know.
Speaker 15: People don't realize is that where the transit point, nothing stays sedentary or stationary on the border. Everything is going to a city near you. They don't want to live in Eagle Pass, Texas. They don't want to live in Laredo, Texas. They want to live in Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, New York. So everything leaves right, So we see the immediate carnage, we see the loss of life, and we see the smuggling as it occurs. But it's all in a push to get up north and to get to large cities, mostly sanctuary cities, and so we live with it every day. But it's a different episode every day. And it's it's you know, people dying in the river. It's large, massive groups. It's folks in neighborhoods with the dogs marking all night and not get in any sleep. But it's everything leaving. It doesn't stay. The gang members will never stay.
Speaker 12: Any goal pass. It's all going to you.
Speaker 2: Oh fun facts. Although again at least Trump's put a stock trying to put a stop to it. They are they rebuilding the wall now that Trump is the Trump administration is in. I know they had the wall bought in laying around in pieces and the Biden administration started selling off chunks to it to scrap dealers for a fraction of what it cost us. But are they back to building.
Speaker 15: Yes, they are back to building. And you just you mentioned something else that, Yes, this is changing. The changes are dynamic, they are visible. And that's the one thing that I think we need to focus on is that, yes, this border has slowed to almost a crawl to nothing any kind of action, and the tension that you're seen is related to the removal process on the fencing question.
Speaker 12: In the wall.
Speaker 15: Yes, where there are materials, like especially in the Texas Real Grand Valley, other places where there are some gaps in Arizona, they are starting to fill those gaps. There are still projects like in Eagle Pass, Texas, where we were building the wall that hasn't started yet, but my assumption is going to be that's going to be coming soon. They've just got to restart those material orders and get the funding going again and the contractors there, so as soon as they finish a project, they'll move those contractors and they'll start somewhere else.
Speaker 2: So, yes, the wall is back on right Bart Reporter Randy Clark talking about the border situation, and since you lived there before we part company and it's been a great conversation. You so like you have a renewed sumptive, a sense of optimism for your neighborhood, your community there on the border. Is that like a widely held perception that people are sort of exhaling and going, finally, we're going to get a sense of calm around here.
Speaker 12: Absolutely.
Speaker 15: You know, it's not just for my community, but it's every community from Brownsville, Texas, all the way to San Diego, California where they were dealing with these problems. But I think that's why we have a new president, because that's how badly we wanted this to end. Amongst all de demographics of voters on the Southwest border, we saw a lot of inroads by the Republican Party in South Texas counties that had never voted Republican, you know, in one hundred years, turned and went to the Republican Party. So yeah, there's a lot of optimism down here. And yeah, I'm pump.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what, Randy, It's been a wonderful conversation with you. I appreciate you spending time with my listeners and me, and thank you for all the work you do over at Breitbart. I just truly appreciate your website. Give up the great work, and I look forward to having back on again real soon.
Speaker 12: Awesome, thanks for having me. You have a wonderful day you too.
Speaker 2: It's been my pleasure sick around folks. Daniel Davis deep dive with the latest on Russia and Ukraine. That'll be next hope you can stick.
Speaker 10: Around fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: How right, John and I Weather Forecast tells us we got some great days ahead of us today, plenty of sunshine, highest seventy five overnight, it's got to be clear and they'll get down to forty two. Another sunny seventy five day tomorrow with overnight bull of forty five and clouds thady on Thursday. But it's still a highest seventy five and dry forty seven degrees Right now, Let's get a traffic update from Chuck Ingram Chuck from.
Speaker 8: The usut Tranfort Center. When it comes to a stroke, every second counts. That's why the u see Health Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's a clear choice for wrappingup by saving treatment. Learn more at you see health dot com. Cruise continue to work with the wreck inbound seventy four at Montana. They're on the right hand side and an extra ten minutes to get by. Southbound seventy one continues slow to seventy five down to red Bank northbound, fourth seventy one of slow Go from before.
Speaker 9: That's our wreck on Montgomery.
Speaker 8: At Fluster and pleasant Ridge, chuck ing Ramont fifty five kr and see the talks fat.
Speaker 2: It is a twenty nine on a Tuesday, which means for certain we get to get the Daniel Davis Deep dive with the retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis. Of course we'll be talking about Russia and Ukraine. Daniel Davis, Welcome back to the fifty five KRCY Morning Show, my friends. Always a pleasure for having you on. I look forward to this day every week. I'm glad you do because I do as well. And okay, let's start with this because we're gonna get in, you know, figure out what's going on with Ukraine and Rush and Russia. And I know the Secretary of State Mark Rubio and other US officials are planning on having a meeting in Jetta, Saudi Arabia to try to get a resolution to this conflict, and I hope they do. Ukraine launched its biggest drone attack against Moscow and other areas as well. But what I mean is this something strategic associated with because it seems to be an exercise in futility. Is it just to be pesky and try to annoy the Russians because apparently the Russians were successful and shooting down almost all the drones.
Speaker 16: Yes, that's exactly what it is. That it is trying to be pesky. Is trying to be annoying. Uh, it's saying, hey, we have this capability, you might as well use it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 16: Everybody sees that the end game is in progress right now, and these these talks in Saudi Arabia are probably going to start to look at the nature of how the war is going to come to an end. And and there the Ukraine side is not gonna like it just because they don't have any of the leverage. They don't have any of the power cards to play. They literally don't have any. So they think, now, how about this, we we make a for public relations kind of operation to launch these things and get this big splashy thing. And I've already seen all these headlines massive drone attack into Moscow, across Russia in the course Carrea, et cetera, all this stuff, so it looks good, splashy. Then when you look at some of the pictures that the vast majority got shot down, a few got through, one hit them all, another one hit an apartment building, U one some some cars in a parking lot that that got fired because of the gas, made some great video images, had nothing, no military significance whatsoever. All it's gonna do is just frankly, make the Russians even matter. And all this is in the context of the Course region, a lightning advance that Russia hasn't done since the Ukraine side went in there last August. And now in just a matter of days, they're just taking massive swaths every day. This thing could be already over in the Course area in two or three more days from now.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess, and so far I mean symbolic, we're striking Moscow. You know, it's like flying a b B two or whatever bomber over and dropping some bombs on Tokyo for the purpose of boosting American morale in World War Two. You point out the obvious, it doesn't have any military advantage. They're not getting ready to invade Moscow. But it seems to me from a strategic standpoint. And I'm no general, you know, don't play one on radio, but the massive amount of drones that they used to engage in these attacks, wouldn't it have been better serve hitting the front line Russian troops that are advancing into the into the Curse region or whatever region. That's exactly what I was saying.
Speaker 16: It just shows that they aren't even attempting to do something that makes any military sense because you're doing these things into Russia. The targets weren't even military, so even the ones that got through, we're just trying to hit civilian targets something that they could to get the pr splash. So yes, and when you're looking at the video images actually coming out of the Kursk area here, apparently even the Ukrainian air defenses in the area are almost non existent because Russians are flying K fifty two helicopters fighter jets strafing targets, which means there is no air defense whatsoever, not even tactical. So if you were going to fire something somewhere, it would seem to make more sense, as you said, and maybe you should start playing a radio general. I don't know, but that's what I would have done, just to take those where you could have had some tactical advantage for your side, and instead they did this well.
Speaker 2: And I can't remember the region, but I I had read just the other day that the Ukrainian forces were getting surrounded and leaving them with little option to retreat, which seemed like an inevitable thing that we're going to have to do. Was that the area of Russia that they had taken over that we're talking about.
Speaker 16: It is, Yeah, that's exactly what was happening in the Curse Carrea.
Speaker 9: They had an option.
Speaker 16: I was just almost pleading into the ether on my shows in recent days, just saying that that's what they should do. The Ukraine side, there was no prospect for holding them. They needed to withdraw and get back while they could, because Russia was having a pincer movement to cut off the one supplier, the one exit route actually supply and exit.
Speaker 2: They didn't. They continued to stay there.
Speaker 16: Now many of them are pouring out now, even without orders, but in a continuing process that Ukraine has shown almost from the very beginning back into Mariopal in twenty twenty two, in the spring of twenty twenty two, every time they get into one of these situations a cauldron, they never do the military smart thing of withdrawal their forces to a more advantageous position. They keep them there, fighting to the last man, the last house, forcing Russia to come and clean them up. And Russia has the men power to do it, so they lose so many men every time that they don't need to.
Speaker 2: And this is just the next one in line. And that's a shame because it's been widely reported and I haven't read really anything to the contrary. The Ukrainians are running out of people to fight this war. So if you've got people sitting in an occupied region of Russia which has no strategic advantage other than say, hey, we've taken over a chunk of Russia and we're going to keep it, maybe as a bargaining ship in the negotiation, which we all know isn't going to be worth a whole lot. But to leave them there, get them surrounded, and get them slaughtered when they could have been brought back, as you point out, to areas where they were needed, since they're running out of men, that seems the only logical and reasonable thing to do.
Speaker 16: It is the only logical and rational and militarily smart thing to do. That's what they should have done. The whole curse thing was an operation of futility from the beginning. It never had any chance to accomplish anything of operational value for the Ukraine side. It had the pr value of, hey, we're finally sticking it to Russia taking it to their territory. That briefs well made people feel good at Ukraine for a while, but it had no actual importance to the war.
Speaker 2: Effort at all.
Speaker 16: And in fact, then over the months Ukraine kept sayding tens of thousands of people and to reinforce it and all the logistics and everything for something that didn't have any outcome of the war, and it was never I'll just point this out, never any chance that Russia would have traded that away as opposed to taking it by force.
Speaker 2: Because that would have made them look weak and they weren't.
Speaker 16: So they were killing a whole bunch of Ukraine people here that were not available on the Eastern Front where the real fight was going on, the one that actually matters. So I'm just sorry but this may hurt some people's feelings, but the general ship on the Ukraine side has been hideous and it's gotten so many of their men killed. That's why they have lost the war, and there is no prospect for them.
Speaker 2: To get a good deal Jetta. Well, perfect segue to where I was going the deal in Jetta. What do you anticipate? I mean, Russia's got the upper hand now and it's a stronger hand than they had, say, six months ago. Are they going to hold out for even more? You always start with your best foot forward. You ask more than you're going to get, because that way you can negotiate backward and not feel like you're really losing anything. Make an outrageous demand. Do you expect Russia to make an outrageous demand to resolve this or to bring about peace and negotiate something back? And if so, what do you think they're going to end up with? If you had to read the tea leaves, Daniel Davis, Well, I would look at it from the other side at first. In terms of outrageous demands, I think that the Ukraine side will ask, and they already have asked for a partial ceasefire. They say they want to cease fire in the sky and in the seat, so no more drones, no more fighting in the black seat, etc. While they work something out that is I mean almost you think that it may be a joke that they would ever actually ask for that when it would be only benefit to them. Russia would have no advantage whatsoever.
Speaker 16: And as I just pointed out, they were flying K fifty two's and fighter jets strafing into the area because there's no air defense on the Ukraine side at the tactical level. Why would Russia ever agree to something that can only benefit the other side. What I think is happening here, despite what some of the headlines are, I think that the Secretary of Rubio, Mike Walls and Witkoff, I think you were representing the United States. I think that they're telling the Ukraine side, boys, the game is over. You can either capitulate according to the best terms.
Speaker 2: We can get, or you're on your own.
Speaker 16: If they don't agree to what the United States is willing to do, which is to just bring the war to an end at the best terms they can get, which will be ugly, then I think that we're gonna say then we're gonna walk. Trump has indicated that already, He's implied it a couple of times. And if Ukraine still tries to hold out for this great deal that they'll never get, then Russia will simply keep fighting this issue in the north With the course, Russia's not just going to re establish the border. They're gonna keep going because there aren't very many defenses on the Ukraine side. This could open up a new front. We'll see how it goes well.
Speaker 2: And I read the Trump administration the other day started denying Ukraine military intelligence. And if that's true, is that to egg Ukraine on and just to realizing, hey, it's not your Night nine invaluable intelligence or is there something behind that, like maybe as a lever to get this minerals deal signed.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean it could be all the above. But we had General Kellogg point blank say that this is like and I'm not making this up, he said, this is like hitting a mule with a tube of four to get their attention. All the pausing of this stuff, which is to tell them. I think Fellas, we see the ground as it is. We're not the previous administration, we're not Europe, We're definitely not.
Speaker 9: The Ukraine side.
Speaker 16: We see it as it is, and you can't win, you can't even hold out. You either make an agreement to bring this war to an end or we're not gonna continue supporting it. And I think that he's Trump has not given in on that so far, despite lots of pressure, because I think he means it well.
Speaker 2: And I think what you just said there addresses the folks who are yelling at Trump about selling Ukraine out and being with this puppet of Vladimir Putin's rather than that he's just a realist. I mean, is that really not what this boils down to?
Speaker 16: And Brian, let me just point out something because this just makes me crazy because I keep hearing that kind of stuff. Trump is selling us out, He's given up. You had three full years to have everything the US could give, everything, Europe could give, everything, Ukraine could do, and they lost. For thirty straight months. Ukraine has been losing and going backwards. And you want to say now that Trump should come in and repeat that and do more of what has failed.
Speaker 2: It's irrational.
Speaker 16: They're going to lose now because of what we did in the previous thirty months before Trump came in.
Speaker 2: That is a fact telling it like it is. Daniel Davis Man, I certainly agree shit your analysis, and that's why I look forward to the segment every week. Deep Dive Daniel Davis search of the Daniel Davis Deep Dive online for podcasts and tune in next Tuesday for another edition Today thirty take care brun brother have a great week, Lilla, my brother. We'll see you next time. Thanks man A forty and fifty five KRC the talk stations stick around me right back after these brief words.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: Hey names.
Speaker 2: One more time for the weather real quick here today and tomorrow mostly sunny, highest seventy five in between overnight little forty two with clear skies. Wednesday night is going to be partly tied with a low forty five and seventy five to high again on Thursday, but it comes along with clouds forty seven. Now let's hear the final traffic.
Speaker 8: From the UCLP Traumphing Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UCE Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is clear choice for wrap up life saving treatment.
Speaker 9: Learn more at uce health dot com.
Speaker 8: Rex clear in Bend seventy four near Montana tramfing's still a bit heavy from above the Montana rant from the seventy five ramp South Bend seventy five. Continue you slow in and out a walkman at southbound seventy one heaviest between two seventy five and red paint. There's a wreck on Montgomery at Leicester and pleasant Ridge, chuck ingramont fifty five krs.
Speaker 9: The talk station.
Speaker 2: A forty six fifty foo krc DE talk station. Time for some education. That's the expert. Today we've got doctor James Essel, the return of doctor James sl oh My Cancer Doctors OHC is a heematologist, medical on collegist, blood and bone marrow transplant specialists and cellular therapy expert. One of the fine physicians you'll find at OHC, which you can find online at ohcare dot com or call eight eight eight six four ninety eight hundred Doctor Sell. Great to have you in studio today.
Speaker 4: Morning, Brian.
Speaker 2: There's a month for everything, and this March is Multiple myloma Awareness months start by talking about what is multiple myloma and what are the risk factors for it.
Speaker 14: So, multi myloma is a hematological aligancy. Basically, plasma cells and make antibodies you know, vaccines, infection, so forth. Those plasma cells can go wild and cause a cancer. The symptoms of it. These plasma cells can get in and dissolve the bone. They don't cause pain, but it can cause fractures that can cause the calcium to go high. It can be detected with a routine visit to a doctor. You don't have to be looking specifically for myeloma. Seeing the calcium and the protein and subtle hints can help out.
Speaker 2: Wow. Catching it early, now, obviously this is a cancer. Can it spread metastasize that kind of thing.
Speaker 14: This typically can affect the bone marrow, so your blood counts can be low, but it can go to the bones, cause broken bones. It can cause kidney failure. So catching it early is really important. It's very very treatable if it's caught early.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good to hear. So what should people be looking for the signs and symptoms to make sure that they can get out of this?
Speaker 14: Really fatigue, there's bone pain possible, but it's really get a routine test with your doctor, that's it. Yeah, that's the main thing.
Speaker 2: You say, asked for it?
Speaker 14: Well, no, if you go in the test that they get where they get your chemistries. Yeah, CBC cmp is can be picked up. Oh that's convenient. Yeah, because hell, we all get those. I'll get like four of my years exactly.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm under your guys care.
Speaker 9: So, uh, what are now?
Speaker 2: We always talk about treatments. You sound like there seem to be a sense of, you know, a note of optimism your voice that you know you get ahead of this, and there are treatments for it. What do they involve? What do they include?
Speaker 14: So I saw a patient a few months ago who told me, you know I first saw you told me just about five years to live and she's at fifteen years now. So things that will really changed and not continuous terrible chemotherapy the whole time. The new treatments, like we've talked about Brian in the past, are the immune treatments. Cartoon now for myeloma is now approved in the second line, so first relapse, and we're looking at the using the immune system to find a target in this case is called BCMA B cell maturation antigen, and we have cart we have what's called byte therapy against that. But when that quits working, what do you do next? Well, now there's a new target called GPRC five D, which long long term. But when we use a bispecific in other words, use an antibody that pulls T cells to that cancer over a long period of time. It caused a lot of horrible side effects of the bad tastes in your mouth, skin problems, nail problems. It's kind of nasty, and people may be in remission have to quit it because the side effects. We're pioneering a car T and the first patient's coming up, I believe this week, where instead of having this long exposure and getting the side effects, they get all the cells at one time with the infusion of chimerican engine receptor T cells made from the patient's own blood put back in, So they're only exposed to that for about a month, go into a deep, long laster and remission without the side effects. And that's after they've already been through cart So you know, people that have this, we don't have a cure right now, but they can live for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Well that's very good news. Now, these are bespoke treatments. Correct, This isn't something you get off the shelf. Uh no, Okay, So how long does the treatment protocol go then, and how long does it take to build these cancer treatments, these bespoke treatments.
Speaker 14: Well, the typical person gets kind of an oral combination of a monoclonal antibody like you're getting with an oral for about four months ago into permission. Then they'll get an outagus stem cell transplant hidros chemotherapy, which is fairly toxic. Yes, And then after that they're on a maintenance pill and that usually goes for about five years. At that point then Cartie would be involved, and then after that's going to buy you another couple of years. Then after that fails, maybe by specific therapy for another couple of years, and we can just keep adding these on at this point.
Speaker 2: Wow, so it's very long term. Yeah, well, it's ansors.
Speaker 14: It's long term, and because of that reason and side effects are critically important. So we're always looking at doing a better job from an efficacy standpoint, but also make it tolerable.
Speaker 2: I have to ask you this because you and I exchange a couple of words about RFK, you know, bringing health to our attention and making an effort to get you know, better foods, better diets, get rid of the chemicals the additives for all of our collective health benefit. How important in cancer generally speaking is diet?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 14: I don't think anybody knows, but if you look at when we were kids, you know, First of all, nobody went out to eat you couldn't afford to, and there weren't all the restaurants. The food was sourced locally. He went to the local butcher shop. Now you go to the supermarket and the beefs from all over the place. So there's been a change, And clearly we see younger people getting cancer earlier. How much of its diet, How much of it's some other environmentally, but I think diet clearly is part of it.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I kind of felt that way as well, because the abundance of sugars in our diets, and I've been reading so much about sugar and its impact on our health, and having cut the sugar out, I always just to use as an opportunity just to tell people give it a try, because you'll feel a hell of a lot better, plus.
Speaker 14: Treat your diabetes and your hypertension and cardiac disease and all those.
Speaker 2: Well fortunate I didn't have any right well, but it keeps you from getting it, yeah, yeah, yeah. So in terms of clinical trials, I think you might have just gone on over it already, but I know you're always doing clinical trials at OHC, and you know, folks, you got cancer, you know, get a second opinion if you're already being treated by someone, or make sure you're on the cutting edge with with these clinical trials, because that's where it's all happening. So those would be the cartoon bite therapies you talk about it.
Speaker 14: We also have some from maintenance therapy that you know, if you're happy with where we are in cancer therapy, don't go on a clinical trial.
Speaker 4: But nobody's happy.
Speaker 14: You want to do better, You want to have less talks, to steal of longer, and people think, oh, I don't want a placebo. There's no placebo in these. You get standard of care versus something we believe will be better, and you're followed closer than you would be off of a clinical trial. So if there is a side effect, it's cotter early and we've closed the trial. But a strong believer. That's that's how we make progress.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's how you've gotten to this point exactly. I mean, cart was they went through some clinical trials on that, and that's the information you have given me over the years, and the other OEC doctors have on that. I just find it truly amazing. I mean, you have eliminated some very difficult cancers just with this carteth there, correct, right.
Speaker 14: I mean it's using your body, using your own immune system, getting away from chemotherapy. That's where everything's going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there are some significant downsides of chemotherapy. I know that, all right, doctor? Any other words on multiple maloma, just a.
Speaker 4: Couple of things.
Speaker 14: This is usually a disease, you know, kind of upper sixties when it starts, but we do see younger people. There's an increase in your African American listeners. They should definitely be thinking about, you know, being checked as far as environmental. For the veterans that listen to your show, this is an agent orange related cancer.
Speaker 13: Thanks.
Speaker 14: Are all the Vietnam vets you know should be thinking about this too well.
Speaker 2: I'd like to hope since they get via medical care, that they are getting that blood panel that we talked about, so they will know ahead early on in the game if their numbers reflected. It might be a possibility, right, doctor James Essel. It has been a great conversation. I always appreciate the work that you're doing at OHC, and I feel that I am in great hands getting my treatment there. To reach OHC again online ohcare dot com. Ohcare dot com. The number to call eight eight eight six forty eight hundred. That's eight eight eight six forty eight hundred, Doctor Sill. Keep up the great work, sir, Thank you, Thanks for all the work you're doing. For my listeners as well, folks. You can get a chance to listen live Todd Zinzer eye opening conversation about the city government, City of Cincinnati government, former Inspector General and host of the Citizen Watchdog podcast. Check out my that podcast on my podcast page Fitch five carec dot com. Enlightening it is also maybe having revealed some potential for corruption Inside Scoop with Brightbart reporter Randy Clark on the situation at the Southern border, and of course the Daniel Davis Deep Dive with the latest on Ukraine and Russia. Tune in tomorrow Jack Atherton, Congressman Thomas Massey getting an earful from Donald Trump yesterday, plus Judge and a Napolotano libity tomorrow. If a wonderful day, folks. Thanks to Joe Strekker for producing the program, and don't go away. Climb back is next.
Speaker 1: News Happens Fast. Stay up to date at the top of the hour, we're moving very quickly. Fifty five KRC the talk station this week