Speaker 1: On the other side of the world, and I laughed my butt off trying to bring myself up to speak because this thing Reuter's posted about twenty five minutes ago, so it's literally just going down. You ever wonder in the second to last Rambo movie, not not the Last Blood, where he's just taking tunnels in the desert and then taking names in Mexico, but you know, back back to his boatman days, you ever wonder how he was able to cut through the Burmese military so efficiently? Ross, Why do you think he was able to cut through the Burmese military now Mayan mar so efficiently?
Speaker 2: Why would why was Rambo? I guess it would be because he's a Rambo, because he's Rambo.
Speaker 1: But also they're incredibly stupid, and that has been evidenced in some of the Rambo but not to detract from Rambo, I don't want to fight the dude. That being said, they're really dumb, and that is I started thinking about it. There's a lot of examples where they do really hair brained stuff in those movies, right, you know, pausing to play exploding Peasant. You're distracted, right, you don't even have dudes on watching that scene, so you know, along comes a boat man and what are you gonna do? All right, how do I know? So you guys remember the video and it's it's a crazy kind of iconic video from about a year ago, and it's a fitness influencer who's doing a workout, doing a yoga thing and she is but she's doing the yoga from like their version of the National Mall. Okay, right, so you have all of the all the different things there in may and Mar at the time had a quasi democrat elected government. I want to say they had a woman president at the time too. I'd have to go back and look. But but so she's doing yoga. It's very early in the morning. There's nobody on the roads because like where there reflecting pool would be, is this kind of main military way. And and you know, if you go to Byemar as a tourist or as a Christian missionary, I suppose it's a place to take photos. And in the background, all of a sudden, it's like the D Day deployment. Well that was the my and Maar government former Burma being captured by military junta, which is still one of my favorite I love the word hunta. It's a great word. I mean, it's horrible when it plays out, but essentially that was the government going in and being like, we're gonna do whatever we want. And if you look at if you remember the second last Rambo movie, that's kind of who is running things, a military junta, which is why you don't want to go into Burma bad idea. So here's what happened. They had over the weekend. The the ruling military junta captured a bunch of rebels. And you have to understand the rebels or a combination of a population of people that live in up up along the Chinese order, which even the previous government wasn't a big fan of the military folks hated them, and those are the folks that were being represented kind of in that Rambo. It's not one hundred percent, but that's kind of what you had. You had like the former like in Laos where you had the the mung right where they were more hill people you know, back up in there, and they were but they were less persecuted under the previous government. But the military decise killing them. So here's what happened. They captured like a budge of these rebels right, hundreds hundreds, and it was relatively easy, and they were all excited. They called themselves the Mimar National Democratic Alliance Army, that is the rebel group, and so they got so they then took them to their big old base. So they have like this big military base which has most of the senior officers for the ruling military junta and then it has like but it also has their guantanamo and they so they marched these hundreds of prisoners in and when the prisoners got inside, they took the base. They trojan horse the man, that's wild. I'm sure they took casualties because obviously that the marshals have been their armed but at no point that senior leadership of the the current military dictatorship go, man, that was easy. Can't believe we captured these hundreds of rebels. They just kind of gave up. Man, that was crazy. Oh Man. Now, July twenty fifth was actually the capture. So it wasn't it when they captured the first group, but they've been hauling them in up to this weekend to where they had literally hundreds. Now my Maar's ruling military dictatorship has admitted to Reuters that they've lost communications with senior officers at their major base near the Chinese border. Is a rare a vision of battlefield failure after rebels announced they're taking control of the of the army headquarters. That's wild, dude, that's like, what's that Robert Redford Redford movie with James Gandalfeini. I can't remember the name of it. Basically Redford is a one star general or something, I can't remember what happened, and he ends up military prison. Mc Gandalfeenie's just like he's a bad dude. And then they just say, yeah, we got to take the base. Take the base. So uh anyway, so now no knock on Rambo one man killing machine. We all agree, but boy, that's dumb dumb to dumb dumb dumb. Uh that of course. And by the way, they are on record according to they don't have they don't have control the base anymore. That's a spokesman, Zabmintune told Reuters following weeks of intense fighting. Is also found as that the senior officers who were on the base have been arrested. So you you basically have like your See, here's the thing. I'm assuming that there's a reason the military doesn't just stuff everybody on one base, right, like you know the scent coms in Tampa. Uh, you know Cheyenne Mountains all the way over there. You you wouldn't want just one one big clearing house. That's wild man. Also, they're gonna start putting the generals on trial, so that's probably gonna get a little executione And by the yas, it sounds like it sounds like they just started greasing troops. So all right, well, I don't know. Maybe Rambo's the answer, so we'll see. So that's that. I just was fascinated by that as we kicked things off this morning. Now do they have to make another Rambo now ross where he goes in and and captures the base from the base capture?
Speaker 2: They're not gonna lie stop paying attention when you said Burma.
Speaker 1: Well it's Milan Martin now, So no, I just stopped. But I thought Burma was that's a great setting for Rambo. But that's okay. It's a little deep this morning, I understand. No or we got it. We got Olympic stuff.
Speaker 2: We got.
Speaker 1: A good, good Olympic stuff, and it's just weird stuff. There's a Slate article this morning that absolutely is it. This is from Slate and I just started laughing. I'm trying to read you in the headline. Is it possible to be too creepy for the GOP? This is the narrative, right? Jd Vance is weird? Jd Vance is boring? Would anyone agree with me? He kind of a boring dude. He's got dad joke written all over him. But I don't know, not boring in the creepy way. Necessarily.
Speaker 2: He's completely average like, but not in a bad way. Yeah, he's a typical guy that people are.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you heard what he say. He told a story over the weekend and everyone lost their minds. I don't even have kids, and it sounded so normal to me, just being in the vicinity of kids. It sounds like everything I've ever witnessed at Going over to what my former the guy worked with on the radio in MINNIAPP was, Chris has three boys. And I knew Chris when the youngest was an infant. And now like one of them's a share Like one of these kids is a sheriff. Now, uh, the other one's driving. You know, they're all they all got it's wild. And I have even though I was I've been around his kids through most stages of their lives. And I was there for the you know, the three to seven year old thing, and it is absolute pandemodium in that house with three boys running around and try to get a moment of piece just to take a phone call, let alone when he was talking about dude. I yes, that just seems normal to me. One hund normal. And they're all offended. But but you know this, this this this army of the liberal journalists that are they're running with this weird And isn't that they even quoted They say weird is not as strong enough word. Creepy is The word is Git Evans creepy. I And remember this is Mike Pence was boring. And then they tried they tried this with Mike Pence. Do you remember the big thing with Mike Pence what they were all outraged about that Mike Pence told a story about It was very early on and it never really landed. And then it got swallowed by me too also, And that was Pence saying that he doesn't dine with women who are not his wife alone. He doesn't and and ironically, one of the pieces of advice that I got very early on in my in my career, and that was, if you're don't be in a room with a woman alone. If you are if you're getting into a radio business, in a in a in an office setting, you know, keep the door open or being you know, our studios are like punch bowls. You can just look right in there, just you know, keep it, keep everything professional. There's another term about not doing something where you eat and you know that's I understand. I understand that. And Mike Pence had a much stronger faith based thing where he's just like, look out of respect to my wife, I'm not even going to create a scenario where where those thoughts could enter into the brain. And I know a lot of guys too. I know a lot of guys who you know, they're they and their wife. They don't they don't put themselves in scenarios where, you know, where trust could be questioned, even though that on the surface seems like they have great marriages. And that's out of respect to each other. Right, she's not doing girls night or the trip to Miami, you know, and he's not going he's not going out till three in the morning to the bars. So like, you know, those are the friends that we may meet over at Capitol Grill or something, have a dinner or whatever. But you know, I get up early and then they're like, I got to get home, put the kids to about all that. That's their thing. If you want to call that boring, that's fine. But what Pence was talking about just seems so normal. Or excuse me, Vance was talking about seems so normal. If you haven't heard it, I'll share that with you so and I'll let you be the judge.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: I don't have I don't have rambunctious kids running around the house.
Speaker 2: They're trying to define the narrative and change the argument, to take the attention away from the economy, right and also the way to deflect from themselves because you have these people that want to mutilate children and they're like, well, that's no. You guys are weird. You're creepy. And you're seeing now up in Canada too, they're doing it too. That Pierre guy, that guy was chomping on oh yeah, like I saw some politician mentioning it. They were like that Pierre, he's weird.
Speaker 4: He is a little.
Speaker 1: Here's a strange dude, because and it's his delivery, but strange not in a I don't want to say strange. It's different. Right when he's eating that apple, roasting that reporter, that's not normal, that's that, But that's somebody's a very introspective thinker, right, That's how Elon Musk kind of is. Maybe not to the maybe Elon's a little more so, but like most people wouldn't have that level of self control, So you could argue that he's different. But when you start trotting the word weird out with libs of TikTok being an account, what are you talking about? And it shows you, It shows you how divided we are, right where somebody can walk into a room full of just the strangest blue haired Antifa people ever and be like, I'm home, and then another guy who's just trying to get five minutes a piece so you can take a phone call, and then we all call each other weird.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be a winning message because you're not going because you see the other side as so like the people may agree with you, but you're not. I don't know that you're changing minds but when you start getting in that mushy middle with people, you tell me, you tell me who, You tell me who, like a middle of the road ticket split or voter is gonna think weird? Somebody who wants to tell a seven year old to shut up, or somebody who wants to uh castrate them? Which which is it.
Speaker 2: They're trying to say, Like, weird is when you don't when you decide not to go with the flow, right, So there's something you clear go back to COVID. You're like, you don't want to wear a mask and like, you know, stand you're weird.
Speaker 1: You're weird. You're weird and dangerous. Yes, And that's why Slate's like, uh, they even like the line in the article says weird is not strong enough. It's creepy. I'm sorry. I've never been I've never been creeped out by JD. Van And by the way, I don't know that I've been creeped out by a lot of of more moderate, boring Democrats either creepy doubt and bothered by a policy position or two different things which summer creepy.
Speaker 2: I think weird is the Kamala Harris cackle. That's super weird.
Speaker 1: It is normal, Eh, it's it's something, all right. So what exactly did JD. Vans say? I'm gonna tell you next so we can all be creeped out together. Hang on, oh man, all right, this is this is tough stuff. We did not pull the audio on that, right. I'm not gonna play it if you did, just because it's a yeah, no, no, no exactly. I just want to make sure you didn't go out. Okay. Now, I intentionally sent you the one without the audio because it's a podcast that is a competing podcast, and I just I don't want to get into it. So I'm gonna read it to you as it was presented to people, and then I'll tell you it's slightly compacted and it's definitely not the the nicer version. But even if this is exactly what he said, I don't see anything normal or abnormal about it. So you be the judge. Senator JD. Vance of Ohio, during a podcast Sheridan anecdote about the moment former President Donald Trump called to ask him to be his running mate. Now you remember this is an important moment. Kamala. You remember the Kamala Harris photo which has become a meme of her standing. You know, they pull over on the side of the road. She's got her hand on the back of her hair, and she told the phone in her head, we did it, mister President. We did it. Like they those big moments, either when they're asked to be running made or they've won the election, any of that. You know, they try to capture this stuff. So here's what JD. Vance said when he was asked the question, what were you doing with the president call to ask you to be the running maid? How did that go? How did that go down? When did you guys know you were going to be the guy? And Vance said he was at home, and you know, he's got three kids. The three kids are two kids. He's got a few kids. One of them's seven, and he said that the phone call comes in, and at the moment the call came in, his seven year old is explaining to him in detail Pokemon and I mean, and he's doing the thing or he's listening right, you know, Oh that's amazing, Oh that's cool. And specifically his kid wanted to explain to him, my Pikachu is the ba or is the best Pokemon, which I don't know enough about Pokemon. But I do know that Pikachu is probably the only Pokemon whose name I know, so I think the seven year old might be onto something. Now, Pikachu's the little yellow one, right ross. Do you have any Pokemon knowledge?
Speaker 2: I probably the same as your Yeah, the Pikachu is the yellow one.
Speaker 1: Little yellow one that you kind of see represented. That's what I know. I know doctor Campbell knows more about it, because you want to talk about weird a physician playing Pokemon go in my studio. That's the thing that happened. But I digress. So his seven year old is explaining to him in seven year old detail the ins and outs of Pokemon and the superiority of Pikachu. And he said a call came in, and I'm like, son, I need you to shut the hell up for thirty seconds about Pikachu because he's taken the call and he's trying to talk to Trump, and his seven year olds just follow him around the kitchen being like and another thing and another thing, like he's DJ Khalid, and and he says, Son, I'm trying. I need you to shut up. I need to shut up for thirty seconds about Pikachu. This is the most important call of my life, most important phone call in my life. Please just let me take the phone call. That's it, That's the whole story.
Speaker 2: That is so normal, right besides you, I mean, obviously being selected for vice president isn't right. You're betting on a very important phone call for work. And having your kid go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about something they're really into is completely normal. And telling them to please just shut up for two seconds.
Speaker 1: Is a how many how many times have you said, well, we talked about either a phone call or a thing, and you literally will you'll you'll try to schedule it when Lincoln's at school.
Speaker 2: Well all the time, yeah, especially with the yeah no, especially like with the autism, because yeah, there is no filter there, and he will go, do you want to know everything in the world about Chubby Checker? Because we'll tell you everything in the world about Chubby Checker and he will not shut up about it, or it'll be go Simulator three or whatever he's into at the time.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That is not even autism specific, right, That is a that is a good child thing. It is what they do. Yeah, yeah, No, You've been on a very important phone call, or you're trying to make like you know, there's some sort of emergency or on the phone, and your kid is going on and on and on, and then in nineteen sixty two, Chubby ch will you just shut up for one second?
Speaker 1: Yes, it doesn't mean you hate your kid, you're going to go beat them or anything. Oh, you're trying to teach your kid that sometimes it's a lesson. You're trying to give them a lesson to the extent that she can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because children have no filter and their brains haven't fully developed yet, and they don't understand why this phone call is important for mommy or daddy, and they don't understand that they need to shut their mouth for two seconds.
Speaker 1: My mom had one really good friend. She had one really good friend, and they would occasionally talk on the phone, and then very occasionally it would actually do something, but not much. And when she would call, and one of my siblings, right, mom mo, mom my, mom mo, mom my mom mom my, mom would tell us to shut up, and they were like they were asking like eight salad recipes, not hey, do you want to run the world with me? Right? So, I mean it's like I.
Speaker 2: Would I would say a lot of the problems we even have today are that enough parents. There might be these parents who are like, hey, you can't tell your kid ever to shut up, because that's like abuse. And it's like, well, maybe that's some of the problems now because you don't have people that realize that there's a time and place for everything and every now and again, I don't know, you should shut you shut your whole Well, you're.
Speaker 1: Not supposed to stand up in statistics one o one with your banner and right, oh man, talk about the plight of the Palestinians. Is that not the appropriate time? Yeah, this is so again. I don't even have kids that I've witnessed this so many times. Sometimes I just I show up at buddy's house who have seven year olds, just because I like telling seven year olds to shut up. I'm willing, I'm willing to put in the work for you. But like, this is it was so normal. And then she's like, I asked, this is again, this is THEOC staff for former report order shocking. I asked this so genuinely, truly, what is wrong with him? Boston Paul? I tell my wife to shut up? What about the phone?
Speaker 2: I was no to bust and Paul's point and this even goes this happens with spouses too. It doesn't mean they don't love each other, but there are times when you're just like, listen, I just.
Speaker 1: Need you to be quiet. Yeah, let me take the phone.
Speaker 2: Call exactly right. And it doesn't mean it isn't like you know, I'm beating you ors it's so dumb.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you if there was one thing that was funny to be which I enjoyed these videos, And there's one really famous one about a guy. He's being interviewed on the BBC and he's sitting he's sitting clearly in like a guest bedroom which he's turned into his office because it's COVID, right, and he's doing a hit about you know, the euro Marcus. I remember that, Yeah, yeah, And then all of a sudden, you see it. I don't know what you call those things that you put a toddler in, but it rolls around and it's got a little trace you can feed them, and all of a sudden you see one kid come in on foot right, Daddy, Daddy, daddy, And then all of a sudden the door opens and you see this woman on her hands and knees, and all of a sudden, here comes the little roly toddler, right, because he's in that active phaseeries everywhere, and you see this woman snatch these kids, I mean just straight snatch them and just drag him out of the room. And it was funny because I saw a bunch of libs going, oh, look at that. He's got himself a Chinese nanny, and he's like, that's my wife. You guys suck, and it was hilarious. And instead of just being a funny moment about trying to work from home, this guy's on national TV in the UK. He's doing like one of those boring financial shows, and all of a sudden, kids start pouring in like it's the Wonka Factory, and it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: This just shows that it doesn't matter who the Republican nominee is for president or vice president, whoever that individual is is going to be an evil, horrible, racist, misogynistic, evil, just awful person or dumb or dumb or dumb, and that is how they're going to paint them. They did. Look at Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney was the most boring person on the planet. Painted him as the devil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doesn't binders full of women, binders full of women.
Speaker 2: Whoever Trump would have picked, it would just be a different story, but it would be the same line of attack. It would bring an evil, evil person who hates everyone, who's going to destroy the gun and that's what they do. And then they're not going to focus any time on the On the other side, Kamala Harris isn't gonna get any questions. She's not gonnay're gonna any unprepared interviews or random question And she's going to be the second coming of Obama. And if you don't vote for her, you're a racist, horrible person or.
Speaker 1: Low information as we'll find out later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And people are like, oh, well, she just can't hide forever during this campaign. She's gonna have to come out at something. Really you remember Joe Biden's basement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that was I bet she gets COVID at some point, because that'll buy you what two days, ten days, two weeks? Not like all she can't she can't answer questions. She's got COVID. I'm gonna let you have a little secret. I did radio with COVID. Oh yeah, you know, I have too.
Speaker 2: And this thing you have these like voters who have no who don't actually the like real in fact low information voters, right, and all they know is they've been well, all you've heard is that, you know, the candidate on the right is this evil person who hates children or is racers or whatever is the devil and you know Satan. And on the other side, I haven't really heard much because that candidate has not talked or answered questions. They've been in their basement or they've been hiding behind a teleprompter or just get you know, literally opening a binder. She's literally opening a binder and reading it on the tarmac. Right, you're that person and I haven't heard a thing bad about them because no questions are being asked. So that person has to be the better candidate. And I'm going to vote for Kamalo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there you go, say, like that ross not a low information vote. Actually you can't be one, because I found out that when Democrats say low information, they mean black people. I'll, I know that's a charge I'm throwing out there, but I feel like I could back it up this morning, which is really cringey. If you didn't see what happened on CNN, and I saw the narrative used in a couple different places, and so it's clear those are the code words. You know, I always talk about dog whistle words, all right, So JD. Van's weird and creepy black voters who don't like Kamala low information voters, which that's a hell of a strategy, Cotton, Right, So like, let's see, if let's see if you want to tell now it's you know what it is. It's just another version of Joe Biden. If you don't vote for me, you ain't black. I mean that is you're talking about how wildly insulting that is. But that's the direction we're going. And CNN is the one who kind of got us there with the big reveal over the weekend. I'll play that audio for you next. Hang On presented with on the regulars analysis of how certain groups of voters are going to act. And I'm listen to those because here's the deal. If if you, if your life is different than me, okay, and the probably the big one for most of you is I don't have kids, so I can I've been a kid, and frankly, I wouldn't want me as a kid to be my kid. I was a pain in the ass. Okay. That being said, even if I don't share your background or your lifestyle, it doesn't mean that I can't understand why I think that that analysis is correct or incorrect. And it doesn't mean I'm right. It just means that makes sense to me. Okay, I'll give you some examples. But with the jd Vance thing telling a seven year old, Hey, I need you to shut up about Pokemon for thirty seconds so I can be asked to help run the world, that seems incredible. That seems funny to me, and it just was. It was then outrageous. I can't believe it. My mom in the eighties if she okay, so you have to understand mentioned that her favorite tool for physical discipline was this oversized curry comb. If you don't know what that is, it's a hair brush for horses and some of them you like, slip your hand in. It's got a little hand on it, dude that way. This was an older school one that had a big, old handle, so think of a flat backed hair brush, but like clown car, you know, clown size, right, comically oversized, and that was the ultimate punishment that was you know, go to the tree and pick your switch kind of stuff of the eighties. My mom would if she was on the phone and she'd had it up to eleven, she wouldn't even cup the mouthpiece part of the phone, and she would say things like, you know, if I tell you one more time, I'm going to take you to the barn and beat your butt.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it was the eighties. Man, You didn't have to or even say that.
Speaker 1: She's saying that today when you're on the phone with the school. She did what she was on the phone with the school.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't. You didn't have to cup the phone back then.
Speaker 1: No CPS never showed up, right, My mom wasn't an abuser. It was a very off thing and you really had to mess up. But the but the threat was something, let me tell you the psychological torture. Because it's not just the fact that the the comb's coming, it's the she would keep it not in the house, she'd keep it in the tack room at the barn. So you had to take the you had to take the long march to the death chamber as a kid that old. Psychologically, that's almost stronger message because you know that that little walk, which was if you have an acre of property, it was essentially a kin to walking across the entire acre, which for a kid is like is like the you know, the Baton death March. He just like that was And she threatened in front of principles. She threatened, She threatened in front of cops. She's threatened to do it because my uncles were police officers, and you'd look at him and my uncle, I'm not on duty. What does that mean? So you recognize this?
Speaker 6: This wrong?
Speaker 1: So normal. So CNN decided that they were going to go in to a barber shop, which that's a little stereotypical too, isn't it right, because they're like, we want the real black person.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: Yet, let's go to the barber by the way, do you know where I get my hair cut. I get it cut for those of you know Raleigh, at the barber shop that is downtown just off of Hargin over by like London Bridge, which is which is a black barbershop. But I know that I know one of the dudes who cuts hair there. I remember where I met him, And you know what, I like, I go in there. Usually the guys that are sitting in there that obviously seem to spend all day but don't cut hair whatever. They're pretty funny to listen to. But you know what, I go in there because he doesn't want to make conversation. He'll ask her, you know how you doing that kind of thing, and then he just cuts my hair. No must, no fuss, does a good job. Twenty bucks here you go.
Speaker 2: That's why I started cutting my owner or I mark you do it because she's like one, you go somewhere else to do it, and I'm like pe yes, they just won't shut up. I don't want to talk to you about work. They's cut my hair man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not an impolite thing.
Speaker 2: I'll know.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with a pleasant conversation, but I want to literally I want to have a rest bit and I want to close my eyes right and then like twenty minutes later, Yeah, it feels like walk of the Green Mile. Yes, thank you, Paul.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 1: When you're when you're seven and that you know the comb's coming, it's it's it's it's mental torture, bro, it's mental torture. But I go there to get my hair cut because other than the greeting and then at the end, and I was paying cash right suck at tax office and that's where I go to get my hair cut easy. I don't have to there's no bother, no nothing, fine, but you know it is that is a thing. And hell, there's the whole barbershop movie. But whatever. So CNN decides they're going to go to this this barbershop because you know that's going to be a good thing. And it's Michael Smerconish, he's supposed to be a conservative radio host who's now kind of CNN's Jen Rubin, I guess. And let's just say the whole thing is really awkward as they start talking to these dudes. But is the analysis incorrect or is this going to be a certain portion of black voters either who vote or who are so uninspired they don't bother to vote. Remember apathy rules elections in many cases. Here is the report.
Speaker 8: Pamala going to make you a little more likely or less likely?
Speaker 1: By the way the dude asking the questions. Ross you noticed anything about the dude asking the question?
Speaker 2: Well, first off, he's super white and he's wearing like a just off the rag Jordan's shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah what the foot locker? His way there, it's like, oh, blending in. Yeah, I'm sorry. It's the little thing.
Speaker 8: Pamala gonna make you a little more likely or less likely to vote Democrats?
Speaker 2: Of course, great? Hold no, right, is it just Kamala Black?
Speaker 1: Isn't there's another patron asking everyone.
Speaker 9: But to me, no, Bayes, I share that same view.
Speaker 2: Wow, It'skama Black.
Speaker 8: Yes, no.
Speaker 5: Her she was.
Speaker 1: I heard she's half black, game half Asian. All right, now we hold on to just leave it. There would have been five, but no. Sprakotish adds this.
Speaker 7: When I played that audio on my Serious XM radio program on Thursday, many callers who self identified as African American were quick to tell me that those men were the exception, not the rule. Some described them as low information voters, no different than you'd find among whites.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, damn it. All right, I'm just gonna tell you what's in this cut because we got we got it. We got so much on the button bar, and I want to make sure to get everything. There was one other thing too, going back to the Kamala thing on CNN that CNN said over the weekends they had a democratic strategist in there. You know, one of the roundtable people, Yeah, who said that? Who basically admitted that Harris isn't going to be doing interviews and instead will be quote defining herself with ads spending, so she doesn't need to do in her They were literally the strategist on CNN was telling a group of purported reporters that no, no, no, you don't understand she doesn't need to do interviews because she can define herself with ad spending. Yes, that is how that works if you don't do interviews. But it doesn't negate like she like she's saying it like it's a good thing. Like, guys, you don't understand she doesn't have to do interviews. Don't worry about it. Ross referenced the tarmac thing. Let me play that audio for you if and by the way, I'm going to use the word weird, and I'm going to use it not even on Kamala. Kamala is just I don't know if she's functionally illiterate or what's going on here. They did it, and they were all trying to This was part of defending this insanity. So if you remember, we were talking about this at the end of the show because overnight Friday or overnight Thursday and Friday morning, you had our our swapped prisoners. You know, I've in DC and Biden and Harris were there, and Harris took the podium, right, which is another thing that she can do now for Biden and still not take questions. I don't know if you if you notice Biden's handing this this stuff that normally he would do off to her, and they can claim it's just about letting America get to know Kamala, even though she did didn't take questions and these were her actual prepared remarks. You ready, here we go.
Speaker 10: This is just an extraordinary testament to the importance of having a president who understands the power of diplomacy and understands the strength that rests in understanding the.
Speaker 6: Significance of diplomacy and strengthening alliances.
Speaker 10: This is an incredible day.
Speaker 1: Ross. I'm here in strength, lots of strength there what so understands diplomacy but also understands the strength of understanding, right.
Speaker 2: And I think in that moment it was just very apparent that it was very diplomatic and strong, strong moment. Yeah, yeah, and then the AP takes that I think it was the AP and they they they kind of put it in their own words that they tip words out and they edited it.
Speaker 1: It's called a brush up. Did you know that there's actually yeah, it's a brush up. Yeah, it's like what it's like with the White House transcripts where they make a little change and they called a brush up.
Speaker 2: The brush ups only go one way.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: So I got to find the number because I saw somebody tweet it, but you know me, I want to check it to make sure. You're going to be shocked to learn that the Biden administration is averaging five times the number of brush ups than the Trump administration and a historically high level. Lots of brushups.
Speaker 2: Well, it's so much easier to do brush ups. You know, the media they can focus on the brush up when the administration calls the lid, so there's more time for the brush up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lots of Yeah, you got all that downtime from the ten a m. Lid to uh do your brush ups. And the brush up as it was purported to be, is where they where they where they say it, where they say a word. But it's it's hard to hear because maybe there's noise. They may brush it up based on because a lot of times, if a president has prepared remarks. I've been to things where presidents have prepared remarks, they will hand you a transcript or essentially, these are the this is what's on the teleprompter is not the official White House thing, but it's a working document for reporters. And then there's the official White House transcript. And they may say in a point where like Biden's stumbling over something like, oh, it was kind of noisy, but this is this is what was said. That's what a brush up is supposed to be, not paraphrasing whatever the hell that was. And you know what, even as you roll your eyes at that, going, what in the hell did you see? What happened after with Biden? Okay, this is at the end. All of the hostages have come off the plane. They've all hugged their family members, the ones advised not to travel to Rush. Ohch is good advice, I guess. And she's done her word salad thing, and Biden walks over to the plane which has the little short stairs down and just boards the thing. Now here's the deal. If we didn't know everything we knew about Biden, I would say he's probably going in to thank the pilots because the pilots had to fly over to Russia. Things are tense, right, go over to Russia. Who knows? Maybe Putin captures the plane. It's a CIA plane whatever, and it probably is. But but I also think he thought he was going somewhere. Am I wrong? Or is that just me being mean?
Speaker 2: It looked like he was boarding the short steps onto uh air Force one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, looked like the same short steps. Obviously I didn't see the size of the plane, but it's a big plane. It's not Air Force one size. But like, do you think he was He's like, I'm an Andrews. There's a plane with stairs down. We're going on a field trip. That's Is that weird? It might be weird, But she wasn't done. Kamala also decided to uh, you have to talking about being out of touch, which is kind of the theme of the first part of the show. Harris is I want to I want to figure out where she is real quick, hold on, dude, do do do? She was speaking, She was speaking somewhere over the weekend, and this is to a cradate. It's a room full of supporters, right, so these are all these are all folks who are on team Kamala. And it kind of goes back to the JD Vance thing. But you know a theme with Kamala Harris's buses, right, it's what she used to call Joe Biden a racist on that debate stage right, was about bussing. And that's what she had the picture of herself as a little girl in the bus story and and and called Biden essentially an old racist. She can't get enough of buses. I think somebody told her the bus line killed that one time. So now she's all about buses. This is this is what she said.
Speaker 6: You know what also excites me? What I'm among the many.
Speaker 1: Things watching your husband with the babysitter. No, okay, all right, that story is crazy. We'll get to that. But all right, I'm sorry, go ahead, miss future present.
Speaker 4: Excited about electric school buses. I love electric school buses.
Speaker 6: I just love them for so many reasons. Maybe because I went to school on.
Speaker 4: A school bus.
Speaker 6: Raise your hand.
Speaker 3: If you went to school on a school bus?
Speaker 2: The hell with this woman?
Speaker 1: The hell is wrong with her? Oh do you go to school on a school bus? Did you go to school on a school bus?
Speaker 2: The content aside. It's is she drunk?
Speaker 1: I took a team of pack horses myself. Do people go on a bus? Is that a thing? What? Yeah, I don't know, like the whole electric parts creepy, But then asking a roomnum, no bus.
Speaker 2: That's how she talks. Play that cut again.
Speaker 1: She has to be drunk.
Speaker 2: What is listen to this?
Speaker 6: You know what also excites me? What I'm among the many things I'm excited about.
Speaker 1: Do you, by the way, do you want to know what the many things are? Because I don't. I don't. Maybe just for like a weird horror flick. All right, I'm sorry I interrupted. Let's go ahead.
Speaker 4: Electric school buses. I love electric school buses.
Speaker 6: I just love them for so many reasons. Maybe because I went to school on a school bus. Raise your hand if you went to school on a school bus.
Speaker 2: The way she's super excited about the school bus.
Speaker 1: That's no, no, no, that's your that's weird. That's my drunk. I love school. What are you doing woman? That's the last week I was with I told you with my buddies where I went to watch the Hall of Fame game, right, And that is my completely inebraated buddy who's an Eagles fan explaining how excited he is for their schedule. He's just like, I gotta tell you they're gonna be able to go in and do this, And I'm just like, that's great, man, that's great. You should have another beer.
Speaker 2: She sounds way too excited about a school bus, Like she sounds.
Speaker 1: Like somebody she's like she thinks that, only like she's the only one.
Speaker 2: Some bizarre weird school bus thing you'd get off Adam and Eve. It sounds super weird, Like I'm very excited. What is she doing?
Speaker 1: Now? Did she? Was she on the magic school bus? Because yes, yeah, if you were, If you were on the magic school bus, you can brag about that.
Speaker 2: This is why they're doing the weird stuff, man, because she is. It's deflection, because she that is super weird. That is not a normal way a person talks, like I know she she's either drunk or so there's something weird there. Man, She's so.
Speaker 1: She's dumber, right, you were telling me anything like you were saying, like like the the you know, I want to know what the points of her, you know, what are her new ones?
Speaker 2: Intelligent deep points about the electric school buses, which, by the way, the first time I heard about them. I mentioned this when it came back from vacation in June, Yes, because there was this big thing on the news that the local news about how they're trying to get the all the buses on electric school buses, and I mentioned, like, it's me and my mom in my living room in the middle of that heat dome of doom, and we're both at the same point. My mom and I both like explode about how a dumb idea this is because I don't know if you know this, it gets super super super freezing cold.
Speaker 1: Yes, and upstate New York we are it saw Chicago, remember Chicago where all this previous driver the electric drivers are like abandoning their car.
Speaker 2: And it's so stupid because if the you know, if a battery dies on an electric vehicle, it's not like trading it out on a gasoline on a normal engine where you just go down to you know, AutoZone or o'riley's or whatever, and you buy a battery and you put you have to change not just one battery, you have to change all the batteries, and it's like a twenty five thousand dollars fixed.
Speaker 1: They're under the car, and they are the primary, single individual, largest weight of the less vehicle.
Speaker 2: It's the battery load. And it's not like like one dual battery like like like tiny battery you put in your cars a lot different. So you can see that it's gonna get really cold. These batteries are gonna die. They're not gonna be able to pick up the kids. The school is, the schedule is going to be all messed up. It's just going to cause problems. It's such a bad idea to have these electric school buses up in the Northeast. It's so dumb. Now in the South they might be different, but it's still dumb.
Speaker 1: With the current technology one hundred percent. And again you all you have to do is look to literally earlier this year in January, when in Chicago got so cold for so long they were having to there was abandoned electric vehicles. People were having to leave them downtown and parking lots and stuff because it had gotten so cold that the battery load had just had killed on it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to maintain these vehicles too, because it takes a different level of maintenance. And you've seen like a typical regular school bus, I know, I see them every day sitting there ready to pick on my kid after school. And a lot of these buses look like they've been around forever, and they sound like they've been around forever, and they look like they've been around forever. So you're gonna have to mating these these electric buses, which is going to cost a lot of money. And they can barely even keeme up with the You know, many schools around the area right now are having a C issues once again. My son schools like this where they're having to replace the entire.
Speaker 1: Mor COVID money.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Kyle Wilson and News did a whole thing at the top of the hour it brought around six o'clock talking about how there's so many different schools in the Wake County that are fixing their AC units.
Speaker 1: Not just White County, It's happening in the Triad too. I was reading something in the newspaper in Greensborough.
Speaker 2: Let alone, a fleet of electric buses come on Lunatic around Lunatic.
Speaker 1: Oh, she was. She's really excited about them though, And then like, ah, does it just be I the only one that went on a bus?
Speaker 5: Was I?
Speaker 1: What was I gonna say? Do you know. Do you know in Wyoming in the winter, if I was to come home on Friday, you have to understand, uh, the first track, well, the first truck was an International, the same deal, but Chevy four fifty four motor in there. Badass. Yeah, it's one of flex. Anyway, if I forgot to plug that thing in on Friday and I didn't drive it all weekend, it wouldn't start Monday. And that's as old school gasoline pick them a truck as you can have. But we would get these bouts of cold. I remember we had like two weeks where it was it was between thirty and forty below kill yourself and I and you still had to go out and do stuff.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It had literally like run cows through a semi heated barn, so they didn't just freeze in place.
Speaker 2: Right, not alone. The don't forget about the charging stations right that they have to put in place.
Speaker 1: But I had to plug. You had to plug. You had to plug the vehicles in. If you forgot to do it, the thing may not start because of just how cold it is. Not only is it killing the battery, it's it's literally congelling liquids within your motors, you had block heaters. A you go to a motel or hotel in northern Minnesota, each of the parking spots a lot of times have plugs on the older ones. The newer vehicles is a little better on, but on the older stuff they have plugs. So you pull into a parking spot, there's a little post there with a plug and it's not electric car charges for charging block heaters.
Speaker 2: Remember they did the interview with the Pete Boudhage mayor Pete a while back where they're talking about, you know, road we give you X amount of money for the charging stations. How many of you made and he's like, oh, we've made six, but.
Speaker 1: There's six, really nice man six. Yeah. The audio from Biden is he wanted to have what like what was it ten thousand or something. It's like the it's like the oh did he do that? I didn't see the second hat. Hold on, somebody just text his email me if he Oh. So Joe went in the plane and then he walked off and greeted Kamalak. He just arrived. So I only saw half the clip. Oh that's so much worse. He walks off the plate and say, hey, what are you doing here?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: And I want to partition this from the joking, because again I watched a family member go through this. The ability of somebody to say, have a conversation with you, and then thirty minutes later act like you just got there is something that I have experienced. And it's really I know this word's getting overused. It's really weird. Not in a negative way, because you're just like, I can't believe I'm watching this person and I've known all these years be this different person. But I can tell you I've experienced that. And so everyone is like, you know, uh, we didn't see many red flags. You're so full of crap. You're so and you must be you know what? That explains why Kamala is drinking? Man, all right, hold on real quick, Mark, what's up?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 11: Get going?
Speaker 5: And the town chapel here is getting all electric buses. The button run off batteries, but the heaters run off of these a few.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice. I know Raley's got the ones with the pro pane buses, and I've also seen I'm trying to remember who's got the vegetable oil buses. Look, here's the deal. If the tech works, and you can explain why it works and saves you money on having a fuel buses. I'll listen, but clearly we're not there yet. But you know, Chapel Hill likes to spend on stuff, so we'll see how that goes, all right, alrighty oh good. We'll keep an eyeball there to that insanity, and then if it happens, we'll go ahead and tell Kamala and she can get really excited.
Speaker 6: Now you know what also excites me? What I'm among the many things I'm excited.
Speaker 4: About electric school buses. I love electric school buses. I just love them for so many reasons. Maybe because I went to school on a school bus. Raise your hand if you went to school on a school bus.
Speaker 1: I just yeah. Then the dude's laugh is that you're crazy. Right, we'll be back hanging. I just have to let you know. Apparently Debbie has made lay in full. Didn't do it in DestinE though, kind of upset about that. Not for the citizens of Destined. I want anything to happen to him, but I wanted a d town, all right, So hold on, I'm trying to figure out exactly where it made the landfall. I see it described as Florida's Big Bend area, which is sort of those couple have Steina Hatchie. Where the hell is that? Is that by Appalachicola? Yeah, I uh, I gotta figure out what this is. Hang on, I literally just saw this because we're talking about drunk Kamala and and very a Hatchie. Oh okay, that is the actual place, all right, survey says, Oh, there it is. Oh that's like there's be five people live in that town. So just to get you, if you would picture Tallahassee in Gainesville. I know that Gainesville south of Tallahassee, but basically go right in the middle of those two. So I guess in the grand scheme of things, as far as place is to make landfall, that is obviously one of the least dense populated. Oh they got picture of w right there you go on the Google Maps. I mean, not a picture, but a little indicator. Yeah, not a D town in sight, Not a dtown in sight, not even up by the base there. It's quite a bit further further north, however, and we'll talk to I'm sure a very energetic race stage I here in about ten minutes. The path does have this thing coming in. Obviously it'll it will have dissipated by then, but still, uh, probably gonna bring a lot of rain to the area. So you know, prepare yourself for that because I suspect there'll be some folks dealing with some flooding issues. Oh unless you were smart like me and got a house on a hill some neighbors at the bottom. Man, it just sucks. And there's always like a rental apartment thing further down the hill, and every year that parking lot gets flooded, and I just feel bad because I know new tenants are moving in there because you get there's some students that live over there, and it's just like, I bet the dude doesn't even tell them, but don't park your car in that park a lot when it's raining. It's right on Crabtree Creek, So you understand, all right? AnyWho, let's see there. So that's that's the thing that's happening. So I mentioned that the terminology they're using for black voters who've left the plantation, that is the Democratic Party is low information, and that was echoed actually at the Trump rallying in Atlanta. So there's this woman she she met, remember when Trump went to the Chick fil A and they were all fangirling on him. So one of the women there is she described herself as an activist. She Trump had her come up on speech, come up into a speech in Atlanta, and very energetic and you know, very just like, hey, Kamala Harris's criminal stuff has been horrible, and the expectations of Biden if you ain't black, if you're not voting for me. She gave a very full throated pushback to many of the black activists who permeate CNN and MSNBC and immediately was described as low information, right, not representative. But I told you, I enjoy listening to the analysis and I like to process it. And even if I don't have the shared life experience, you know, I'm not a black person who grew up in Atlanta. I can't speak from that perspective, but I can try to understand. If you're good at explaining stuff, why things may go. I saw a video on Twitter the other day. Let me let me ask a question of and especially want to hear from people who maybe don't like Trump. I saw this guy and he did about a three minute video, and he was serious, and he was talking about why black men will not embrace Kamala Harris, and the short story was that she reminds them of black women in their lives who have damn near nagged him to death and also has then weaponized black women around them and just out of spite, they're not going to or they he said, it reminds many men of their baby mamas. All right, again, this is so I'm just here to analysis do the analysis on that stuff. But he made a really convincing argument, and one that doesn't even necessarily need to be race based, right, And because I'm always told that it is the misogyny that will rule a woman president ever rising to the top. But sometimes people remind you of stuff, or people put you off in a wrong way, and you're just like, no, screw that person. And you know, there's there's plenty of reasons for people to say that about any candidate that's out there. But I thought it was I thought it was an interesting video the guy was making. He was making he was doing a lot. It's like three minutes. I'm not going to play the whole thing for you, but it was you know, it's kind of makeing sense. Nobody wants to get nagged. Nobody wants to get a nagged if you tell me to do something, and it's not just polite reminding, because I can procrastinate and I understand that's all that irritates me, and then I will out of ross. How many times have people sent emails repetitive emails like stick to the issues, or you better talk about this. Have I at break told you you know what, we're not talking about that that ever happened? That ever, that's happened a few times, just a few times. Yeah, just uh like that was last week. Okay, I thought we were talking this morning. Oh well yeah, yeah, few few times, yeah, yeah. Because I'm just just I'm just stubborn. And so unless I feel that I'm doing detriment to the show by not talking about it, I just not Now I'm not talking about that. Screw you. I know it's petty one hundred percent, but nobody likes being nagged. Nobody likes being nagged. Nobody likes you sending emails with your stick as rush us to stay stick to the issues crowd, right, this show is a hybrid. It is what it is, and I wouldn't have it any other way. And you know what I hear. It's popular, that's what. Uh, that's so what? Uh? You know the powers to be Plus I'm still employed, so it must be profitable. The point is, I like what we're doing here, and I like it. If you have a good sense of humor, come in. We're gonna learn some We're gonna laugh. We're gonna learn about not to put eels in your butt like on Friday. How many of you learned on Friday that you don't want to stick on eel in a line in your uh in your prison wall? And who were who had plans to do it that weekend? We ross we've probably saved lives. Remember that interview with that actor is talking about how the new snow White's gonna save lives or whatever the movie was, and everyone was mocking them. Okay, that guy was an idiot. I think we saved lives. And by the way, how come on Twitter it says nine time eel survivor why do you change the head or on the Twitter account?
Speaker 2: You mentioned that on Friday and I changed it when you mentioned it.
Speaker 1: I did not mention that I survived.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes you did. You said it and then I changed it.
Speaker 1: You said it I've said that I put an eel there nine times. You said, you said you were a nine time eel survivor, and I changed it.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 1: Did I say it jokingly?
Speaker 2: Of course you did, and then I changed it. But you said it. You're literally quoting yourself.
Speaker 1: But it's it's how you know what you are. You the mainstream media. You're taking it out of context. You're doing the JD Van's weird thing. By the way, You're spot on, like the media has embraced this too and roll. Yeah, they're doing it off on the age.
Speaker 2: It's because like we played the Kamala audio for talking about the electric buses, and when you just listen to it and her reaction and the way she talks and the and the cackle and everything, it is super weird. And I'm saying, this is somebody who records audio in from politicians and have been doing it now for what thirteen years. I've listened a lot of this. It's weird, and I think they know that they have a weird problem. So what they're doing is they're reflecting it by calling everybody else is weird because people are going to listen to her when she finally has to answer questions and talk and ramble and talk in circles and talking nursery rhymes like she does, and her voice goes up and down and it sounds like she's drunk or like she's having way too much fun with stuff. And they're gonna be like this chick is weird, and I think they're there. They are.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a you have to strike yes, you have to change the definition of the word. You know who else talk to nursery rhymes? Two Live Crew so and Andrew dice Clay, both great thinkers of our time. So anyway, well, I hadn't thought I hadn't thought about Two Live Crew dirty nursing rhymes? Can we use that as bump music or not? Check with the boss?
Speaker 2: Did you know that Snoop Dogg has a He does this now. That's one of the main things he does now, is like nursery rhymes for the Tony Box. Do you know what a tony box is?
Speaker 1: I have no idea what it sounds like a horrific kids to I don't want to be around.
Speaker 2: Tony box is a box and you put these little figures on it and it reads a story or it reads like nursery rhymes or songs or Wheels on the Bus or whatever it is, and they're very popular with kids. Lincoln my son, Oh, you write.
Speaker 1: Whatever, you can enter whatever language you wanted that they have creative ones so you can record it. So he's put on his fifty sixties music and it's like very They're very popular now. They were in the they've been in movies that If movie about the Imaginary Friends with Ryan Reynolds that was in that Like, they're very popular, and Lincoln loves his Tony Box.
Speaker 2: He brings it everywhere. He absolutely loves it. He listens to his tony Box before he goes to bed. Wow, and Snoop dog has his own tony So it's like a it's like a dog wearing like purple pants or whatever, and you put it on and it'll read you wheels on the bus and it'll read like a like like thirty or forty different nursery rhymes dog. So Lincoln has no idea that Snoop Dogg was somebody in the nineties.
Speaker 1: He knows news, yeah, so he's been going til six in the morning.
Speaker 2: He's super interested in Snoop Dogg and he wants to know because of his autism. He always wants to know when somebody was born, when when did they die? He wants to know all about their music collect and so he's been very interested.
Speaker 1: Way your boys in the sixties, Chubby, So he assumes that all musicians will die in a plane crash. He realized, like that's the era.
Speaker 2: He's like an encyclopedia can tell you all this sort of stuff, like stuff the top of his head, like when like a Paul Anka was born in nineteen forty one or whatever. Oh yeah, completely, yeah, that's the thing he does. So he he's been wanting to listen to Snoop Dogg from the nineties.
Speaker 1: Oh and he.
Speaker 2: Wants to look at the cover.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the old oo? I remember the cover with the dogs all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We're like you can't, buddy, And he's like, well what because he was super amazed, like, oh my god, this Snoop dog isn't just a tony I put in my little toy here and here Snoop Dogg is a real person. But for some reason, he calls himself a dog. But he's not a dog. So I want to know everything about him. So he wanted He's like, well, what was his first song, and Mark and I were like, I don't know gin and Juice, and he's like, I want to listen to gin and Juice.
Speaker 1: We're like, yoh, no, you got to tell your wife. No, it was a different song. Now, no, dude, I'll tell you how. I'll tell you the oldest out the thing that made me feel the oldest. And it's kind of these lines. So you know Eminem has got a new album, right, yes, very well? Yeah, And and the whole thing, if you watch the Houdini video, the whole premise is old Eminem versus new Eminem, and it's tongue in cheek where he's just like the old Eminem would get canceled today, or at least they try. I don't know if he could. But it spurred like this group all of you know, these people who go, I've never heard this song. I'm gonna make a video on YouTube. And I think most of them are lying first reaction, people like you've never right, yeah. But but what's crazy is is you have some of the younger ones who I genuinely believe had never heard Criminal because they don't know the Eminem that you and I know because of our age and so they're going back and listening to Criminal, and I'm trying to think there's four or five crazy songs of his first two albums and they're horrified. They're horrified, or they're very good actors versus what he What part is it like where he's putting his his his woman in the trunk of a car after he murders, Yes, or the part where he's gonna choke her till she no more vocal chords in her throat, no more stuff like that, Yeah, that's from the song Criminal there, or the one where he's Robin the liquor store shooting his wife's lover. And on that premise, though, did you ever hear the snoop GPS? He did a GPS boys back in the day. All right, if you guys haven't heard that, IM gonna play in the moment. But first raced agics fan girling over a singer named Debbie who I see avoided all towns starting with d does Stein a hatchie does not work? Or whatever the hell that is? No, I'm very dis above it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Ben would work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Debbie does big Bend. We go with that. That's a little better.
Speaker 11: Well, what about well it is.
Speaker 12: I think it's Dixie County that is.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's so that would be some Problemie County.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that would be.
Speaker 1: That's like that's like one of those seventies era adult videos that's also super racist. So yeah, probably probably.
Speaker 12: Avoid Yeah, I don't know if it's actually I'm trying to find them now.
Speaker 11: I don't think it's in Dixie County, but yeah.
Speaker 12: It made landfall about an hour or so ago, and now maximum sustained winds over eighty miles an hour peak wind got so far that I've picked out eighty seven miles an hour. And the legacy is just beginning because this could end up historic in some cases for rainfall and parts of Southeast Georgia, South Carolina, eastern South Carolina, maybe even here North Carolina, and impacts here out across the try in the triangle mid or late week, especially later, we may still be talking about Debbie.
Speaker 11: Neck this weekend coming up. Wow, so long way to go here.
Speaker 1: We're just getting into the metw We were just getting into the media part of the hurricane season two, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're approaching the peak and things, you know, kind of right on queues you get busier as you get it's September at October, but right now depression at two am Friday morning, opical depression sitting right over Raleig Durham tropical depression DeBie.
Speaker 11: So we've got a long way to go with this.
Speaker 12: One's going to be a slow mover to move back out over the electic they forecast they get back to a sixty mile an hour tropical storm. So there's going to be impacts on the coast with storm surge, and there's also going to be heavy, heavy rainfall, maybe a foot or two of rain in some areas, just going to be catastrophic in terms of the rain. If it verifies as it looks right now, and we may see some rainfall, I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 11: Our forecast is going to change mid and late weeks, so.
Speaker 12: Expect that the question is going to be how close does the heavy rain get to the Triangle and the Triad and further west. I think right now the heaviest east and south. But what I mean that, I mean the one to two foot rain totals. We still may see potential for flooding, especially from the Triangle end points east and south. So best thing to do stay tuned. I promise changes to the forecast and updates as we get them.
Speaker 1: You know, I was stuck in Miami during that two feet of rain they got there, You know that.
Speaker 11: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: That's when I went on vacation and I was like, I'm gonna skip, I'm gonna escape, And I did not escape. You did not stay in Miami.
Speaker 11: Well, all right, sure you figured it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you? So talking an hour there you go, rased agic, all right, you know what, it's so fun? I found we saw the Snoop GPS in the system. You guys, ever hear the Snoop GPS or you're gonna want one in your car immediately hang on for that. Can you imagine going back in a room in U in the mid nineties, because what was it? It was Dre and Tupac who found Snoop dogg right, and that was I think Dre said he's only ever what was the quote, He's only ever two demo He's only ever had two demo tapes where he then signed the act.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: It was like Snoop and Eminem.
Speaker 1: It was Snoop and Eminem And can you imagine sitting in that room with Tupac and and uh, what would even be eminem Snoop DOGG. I guess Dre would have been around well basically got nw A so easy E and Drey and I don't know if it's before Ice left, but you're sitting in that room and you're explaining to a still wearing all the blue bandanas and stuff, with all of his crip stuff at that Snoop Dog and go one day you're gonna be shilling rose wines and narrating drissage at the Olympics.
Speaker 2: It's like midnighty Snoop Dog, right, and you go there.
Speaker 1: They would just shoot you. He say, you just get shot?
Speaker 2: What's my future? And you're like, oh, here it is, buddy. And you take out the Tony box and he's like what is this box? And you're like and you take out the little dog figurine that's in purple, and you're like, check this out and you put it on the box and it's his voice narrating everything.
Speaker 1: You're horrified, like, what's that dog gonna do? At first?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Right, You're gonna do right?
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, it's like the wheels on the bus and he just starts doing wheels on the bus and every other nursery rude and she's excited. He's like, what have I become? And I'm like, I don't know, incredibly famous and like a world phenomenon. And now you're on chips and then you're on Whine and you're at the Olympics and then equestrian outfit talking about horses and everybody loves you.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, it was it was just talking about here talking about drissage, which I know some of you are really excited about drissage. In Wyoming, we make fun of you anyway, go go right ahead, so it's not even seen as the manly horse sport is for what it is, very difficult and I don't disrespect, but like when you're a kid, I'm like, oh, I think doing drissage, but whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, just think about that. We're talking about the you know, the the album there that Lincoln wanted to see because yeah, the very first Snoop Dog from the Tony and he's like, oh my god, this guy did music and I'm really let me see the Doggy Style album. And Marky was like sure, oh she had the cover and she starts googling it and then it comes up on her phone and she's like, oh my god, I cannot show this to you. She's like, I forgot how dirty this car.
Speaker 1: I had to remove that cover. There's several albums where if I got a hold of the CD at uh, there's one place you buy CDs in town, or and tapes because I was in that transition of tapes to CDs where I would remove the you know, the the art.
Speaker 2: No she had she she said she did the same thing. She she had to burn the CD just to have it because her mom would be like, nope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd be gone. I remember my mom she got really mad about. Was the Nirvana it was in utero with the crucifixion stuff on there? Or no, but no it wasn't. I can't remember what it was. And I remember thinking, oh, I didn't even bother to take this.
Speaker 2: One from it.
Speaker 1: She took it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Heart shape box video, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah, okay, maybe it was the single whatever it was. I just was like, oh man, wait till you should see the stuff that doesn't have covers what you.
Speaker 2: Used to be on there. I remember with the Doggy Style album on there was a kid who brought it down to the bus stop, and like we were all looking at it because we're all like thirteen year old boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're all national geographic came out on that. Yeah, my grandmother had one guest room. She had they call it, you know, like a lot of people of her era, they had all the national geographics, all of them. I mean going back.
Speaker 2: There, my grandma had them all on her back porch. Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's one bedroom. There's bookshelves the entire wall, and it's all the national geographics. And when I was about twelve, that was I like staying in that room, not gonna lie And yeah that doggy cover style is So what did you say with Lincoln? Oh I just looked. That's the government hit it. We can't show you. We told oh, it's too bad. But now now you've got Snoop out here, you can get a Snoop GPS. So if you have one of the programmable voices he did because you got to sit and this remember that you when when Snoop did this, this wasn't about emulating voice, which is you know what you're doing with AI right now? You had to sit. I remember, have you ever done a recording for a phone tree where you've been hired to do a voice recording. I did when I was in Minnesota. One of the one of the cable companies, h and Cable and Phone Companies hired me to record their voice tree. So when he called, which by the way, came back to bite me big time when I was having issues with the service and I would have to sit on hold listening to me tell me how much I appreciated my call.
Speaker 2: Shut up me.
Speaker 1: I know the press three you s I have the script still, but you had to I had to say. It was an immense amount of recording because they had it all outlined in the tree, and I had pages and pages and pages and had to cut all these individual things. It paid really good, and now I understood why it's a lot of work. So when they're doing this stuff, you had to Back in the day when Snoop was doing this GPS, he had to go sit in a studio, which is not unusual to him, but recording all these one off lines. All right, so check this out a little snippet of this thing. And so you're driving right your front. You know, I know where you're going. Come on, GPS, tell me where.
Speaker 3: To go show up left, so fly then take the second right in two hundred yards, turn right, then there left you just like that, then you have reached your destination. Thanks for the ride, man, I had the time of my life.
Speaker 1: Did they get annoyed after a while? Yeah? Probably You're amazing for a little bit. And going back to the dorsage thing. So Kevin Hart Snoop at the Olympics right again. You tell sixteen year old Snoop or whatever he was when he when that demo tape was made. Yeah, when he's still cripping, He's just like, no, I'm not going to be shilling rose wine and doing GPS. I get out of here. But now, Snoop Kevin Hart at the Olympics.
Speaker 9: The producer to pull some clips from the Olympics, and we don't know what sport of it is or what he Bennett has to do with.
Speaker 13: We'll watch it and we'll call it like we see it.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm down for that. So let's do a cold call horses.
Speaker 5: I like this.
Speaker 3: This is a questrian.
Speaker 11: This is a questrian.
Speaker 1: By the way, look at that horse.
Speaker 11: Did you own a horse? Crip walking?
Speaker 5: Can you see that?
Speaker 2: Gangs is a.
Speaker 1: Look at this girl.
Speaker 9: Come on, man, this.
Speaker 11: Horse is off the chain.
Speaker 1: I gotta get to in a video.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, put the horse in the video.
Speaker 3: Off the need.
Speaker 9: That horse crip walking is officially in the Olympic.
Speaker 11: Man, you see that, playing one more.
Speaker 9: Tom, Man, Tom, playing one more Tom, so we can see it.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't believe you, He would not believe you, and yet here we are. So that is. I got the GPS and I haven't heard that in forever due I think the way you punk somebody is you just install that in their car, is not You see that woman who's uh whose son and her husband? You can change the sounds out in the tesla and they changed the locks sound under tesla to a fart.
Speaker 2: Yeah I've heard that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's she has no idea how to change it. It's so funny because she's just like she goes over the grocery store and she walks away from the car and it does the lock sound instead of it's like it's just a really long passing of wind, and she's just mortified. Everywhere she got. That's hilarious. That's hilarious. So swapping off the stupid Yeah you got a new GPS and that newer vehicle, don't you know.
Speaker 2: I would just stay outside, like if I went to shopping or whatever, like sitting outside of loose foods waiting for someone to walk past my car, and I would just like hit the lock button and just farten the people walking by. Be amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that is how to make it more mature. That's great, man. You ever be beep somebody who's getting too close to your car?
Speaker 2: I try not to beep. I'm very rare beeper.
Speaker 1: I don't like any I don't like the beeping. So it's the it's the it's the thing when you hit the little panic for one second and get one beep. A BMW could do this back in the day. And if I saw I like if I was sitting somewhere and I could see the parking lint, I saw somebody looking inside my car, I don't know what they're up to, I'd hit them with a little beep. It's comical to watch the reactions. Sometimes I am the opposite, like you have these people. You ever have the person behind you where like you know the light will turn green and if you don't go that exact second, they beat Like the opposite where like I've been behind people before and like I've seen the light turn green and I'm just too considerate.
Speaker 2: I'm like, maybe they're, you.
Speaker 1: Know, the texting. They're texting, they're texting.
Speaker 2: I'll wait like a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I feel bad when I beat. I really feel bad when I do. I have to be like really super annoyed or or like a millisecond away from death to use the horn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you if here's the thing I'm with you for, Like, if it's just a moment, I'm not that guy. Not that guy at all. That being said, there's a thing that people who are texting while driving do and they don't maybe they don't realize they're doing it, but I immediately know what you're up to. So if when the light turns, you don't hit it, I am I'm laying on the horn. And that is where you can't even be bothered to pull all the way up to the intersection because you want to stop your car so quickly so you can continue texting or whatever the hell you're doing. So you've stopped from the line to the intersection like twenty feet away, those people annoy me. Yeah, go up, you get a horn. You get a damn horn. Okay, screw you, especially if they, if they advancing, would widen the lane so that I could make a right turn. I lose my mind. I will admit, not as much as I used to. I've gotten a lot better. But because I know by you not stop at the intersection, you are. You are the furiously texting and you are just an inconsiderate piece of garbage. Okay, So then if you sit at the light after I've just had it up to there and you're gonna get the horn, all right, unless they look like they might be packing, then maybe I'll cut them a little a little slack there. Did I can't get over the seat at the CNN barbershop audio too, you have to. We tweeted this that you have to see the video because the white reporter who looks as least gangster as possible, showing up in a in a new Jordan shirt still with creases in it. I'm surprised he didn't have a swisher and what other stereotypes up he.
Speaker 2: Goes there with the windbreaker. It is the white dude wearing the right the just off the shelf Jordan's shirt. Yes, and he's asking them. And by the way, everyone in that video, they were all Nie Murphy, every single.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's all of them, every single one of them, even the old guy. The old guy, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, there was some stuff, but no, and he's asking them this question and they don't answer the way that they're supposed to answer, So they cut away to the white anchor in the studio talking about how they're dumb and low information voters. Yeah, it's just I'm gonna play that one more time just because it's so bad. It's so bad. But I suspect they're getting that answer from a lot of folks because in a way, in a way, Trump has forced that, because the media forced the conversation by forcing it to be a hit piece on Trump. I still think that Trump could have stated it better. But also so now you have to go ask the people at the barbershop who this reporter would cross the street not to walk past. I'll stand by that. In his New Jordans, so he's fitting in. Do you think you tried to dab him up? I bet if he did, there's no way that video is showing. He probably watched a video on how to do it Bry on YouTube how to dab up black guys. Right, all right, I'm gonna go into that barbershop. They're gonna think I'm cool man. And it reminds me of you ever in Grand Chirino, when the mong girl is walking with the white dude who thinks he's all gangster, and they come across those three guys just chilling on the corner and he's calling him bro and stuff. And even Eastwood rolls up in his truck and he's just like, get your patty ass out of here. They don't want to be your bro. And I don't blame him, and then he points a gun at the three. But it's a very good scene. And that's the vibe you're getting from this report.
Speaker 8: A little more likely or less likely to vote Democrats is great?
Speaker 1: Hold on, right, is it just Kamala?
Speaker 11: Black gu's a no, I'm gonna let it.
Speaker 1: And again, that is one of the guys at the that's one of the Eddie Murphy's who is now translating for the reporter. He's like, no, no, no, you're asking the wrong question. You're asking the wrong questions.
Speaker 8: Kamala gonna make you, uh a little more likely or less likely to vote Democrats, of.
Speaker 11: Course, great, hold on right, Is it just Kamala Black? Guess no, I'm gonna let her speak on that, But to me, no, Black, it's another I share that same view.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's Kamla Black. Yes, no, I heard she would.
Speaker 5: I heard she had half black game half Asian.
Speaker 1: That's, by the way.
Speaker 7: That's when we played that audio on my serious XM radio program on Thursday, many callers who self identified as African American were quick to tell me that those men were the exception, not the rule. Some describe them as low information voters, no different than you'd find among whites.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, can't pain surrogates, campaign surrogates probably called in Yeah so yeah, you should go with that. Anyone who's not falling in line, you should call them low information no cap no cap bet is what the reporter then tried to say to him and probably didn't go. Well, you know what he didn't do ross compliment them on their drip. Did you notice that not one drip compliment?
Speaker 2: I didn't imagine hear one even comment on riz No yeah, zero zero riz discussion.
Speaker 1: Oh man, super cringe anyway, So uh yeah, or sus as the kids would say, you hear how white it sounds when I say it. The reporter has me beat by a mile, and he probably would think salt was just something for foods.
Speaker 2: That's even worse because we refuse to google what those words mean.
Speaker 1: No, well, no, cap we did, and then I got frustrated and never decided We're not googling anymore. What was it last week where we're just like, nope, not going to check that out. Oh yeah, but they mean with the Kamala Bratt thing, because there's yeah, now I'm over it. So I'll decide. I'll decide what bussing means, okay, and it means going on a bus and exciting the vice president. It's she loves some buses. Man, do you remember? I remember I was complaining when I was fourteen to my grandmother because why, I mean to get your license at fourteen? If you want to be terrified as a parent, there you go. And my mom would let me get it right away. And I remember complaining to my grandma like this is so unfairs was so unfair, and she's like, you know what, you need to shut up. When I was when she goes she lived on there, she grew up on the ranch. Hearn her four sisters, and she's just like, first of all, they didn't even call it a bus back in my day. It was called a kid I can't remember what it was. She gave me some weird name for it. But like hern, her sisters would have to load a team of horses to a small wagon or they had like two uh, they had two donkeys actually they would use and and then the donkeys would drive the girls in the wagon about and we they had a truck, but they only had the one and would drive them to about eight miles where you meet pavement, and then from there they would get on one of this kid porter thing, which was like a it was like a military truck with panel sides, and the kids would ride that into Buffalo. And you know, she did the back in my day thing, and I was like, I never complained about the bus again to her because I'm like that you win. I don't have to hook a team of horses up. So anyway, it's eight twenty three. Oh, although I would. I remember I wanted to do it. And we had a kid actually take a team into school for our senior thing and he got in trouble. But anyway, all right, we'll be back hanging all right. So there's a I'm not gonna play the whole video, and you have to understand, this is about RFK getting out ahead of his story that the New Yorker's running. So he goes on Roseanne Bar's podcast and tells this story. And let me tell you, if RFK and I were the same age, and this is how he did stuff when he was high school, him and I probably would have hung out because whyo, mean, it's kind of a pick, you know, create your own own fun. And this is involved an animal, but it's not an animal he killed. Okay, So if you don't know the story, so this is this is rfk's story. So he was saying, like years ago, back before they put in bike lanes and all that around New York City, they were having a ton of bicyclists get killed right in the traffic. It was just getting so congested and so dangerous that you like every week there would be another story about a bicyclist who got hit and was either killed or was injured significantly. And so it turned into Summer of the Shark there in New York, and it essentially prompted them to put in bike lanes, but he said this was dominating the news. Now you have to understand that he lives in Westchester at the time, and he had come into New York to do something into the city to do, you know, fund I don't know if it's fundraisers or political events or what it was. It doesn't matter. As he was driving in from Westchester, which has a New York has a significant bear population, if you don't know that, and even as you get in like Westchester County and stuff, and he came across a juvenile bear that had been hit by a car and killed. Also, the state of New York has a pick and tag system, essentially it allows you in states that allow I don't know if North Carolina has this, but if you come across roadkill and you want it, there's a process so you can take it in the state of New York. If you come across a roadkill bear and you want it for like the skin or the meat, I guess if you're I don't. You shouldn't eat roadkill meat. There's certain reasons why, or if you should, you got to be very selective about what you eat. Don't ask me why I know this. But in the state of New York. If you come across roadkill, you can literally go get a tag and you're good. Wyoming. It's pretty loose. You can pretty much grab roadkill, but you can't grab antlered roadkill if it's over a certain size. And it's essentially so that idiots aren't out trying to run over a big old year when it's not hunting season for the wreck. So he throws this bear in the back of his vehicle, goes into the city and says, everything gets really late, like the events keep running over, and he was thinking he'd be able to drive back to Westchester, drop off the bear, and get ready before a dinner event. He had a Peter Luger's Steakhouse, which if you've ever been to New York, did the state thing. Peter Lugers is one of the iconic destinations. I don't know if there's still cash only, they used to be cash only. And he's sitting around and you have to know he doesn't drink, but he's with a bunch of people. They're drinking. He's telling them about the bear he's got in the back, and in the drunken conversation, these guys think it would be funny because now he said from there he had to stay in the city and go to the airport, so he wasn't gonna be able to go home. And now what do you do with this bear, right, because it's not gonna not getting any fresh or sitting back there. So they hatch a plan on the way to the airport, which isn't true if you understand where Peter Lugers is. Peter Lugers is on the other side of the Brooklyn Bridge off of Manhattan Island. And I think they have another one up by actually up bund of going towards JFK on the other side of Queen's But I haven't been to that one, but I've been the one in Brooklyn, so Central parks the other way. So they drive into Manhattan with the bear. One of them has access to a busted old bicycle and they go where all of these fatalities have been happening, and in the middle of the night they throw the bear carcass down with the bicycle all mangled and leave it. And RFK said the next morning it was the lead news story on every TV station and every newspaper because it looked like a bicyclist had fought a bear and killed the bear or something on his bicycle, and it turned into a whole thing. You said. Guys were there and like, uh, you know the suits they wear whenever they're quarantining your town before they want a nuke it because of an outbreak. They were talking about sending the it all up to Albany, pulling prints off the bike, and he said he got really nervous because while they were sitting around at Luger's drink and thinking it was hilarious part and partial, they're wondering what happened to the bicyclist. They staged this whole scene. I was laughing my butt off. So that's apparently the hit piece that's coming out on them, and I think it's hilarious, man. And I got to tell you, I think the Statute of Limitations has run out of both of these. But let me let me tell you what wyoming and making your own funds about.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: I came across on Rock Creek Roads as this road just north out of Buffalo. One of my best friends, James, lived on the end of it, pretty close to town, and it also was a hotspot for roadkills. Because it's where the one of the main I twenty five on ramps so excuse me, I ninety on ramps was And it's a blind corner. So when you're coming around this corner, there's two fields, the Rasmussen's fields, and deer an antelope would be coming out of there and they get hit. Because it's not only a blind corner, there's an significant elevation change. So when he crest the top of the hill, you're in that corner turn and if there's a deer standing there, you're just gonna hit the thing. I've actually hit a deer there before, but these two antelope too, Pronghorn had been hit by a car. They were clearly dead. And we're coming. We're going to James's and we may have acquired some adult beverages whatever, And I don't know what in our brains thought it was so funny, but we posed the antelope on the Rasmussens fence like they were hooking up, and then just sat in the truck where you could kind of see from James's property over to where it was like people slow rolling in their car like staring trying to wave the antelope off the fence and stuff. We thought that was hilarious. And then one of our rivals in sports was the city of Gillette, and they are the Camels. Is there, Gellette Camels and they have a big metal camel out in front of the high school. And you have to understand that I had a meg tig operated a welder at the back of one of the pickups, and I had this busted bumper that we had bought from a Streuss Salvagar called mister Ours. It was the wrong size, but it was so cheap I was going to return it. So in about eleven o'clock at night, we're over in Gellette, you know, trying to talk to their girls, because it's what you do. You want to go to town where you're not related to everybody. And we had this brilliant idea because it sat on a profile on the main drag and Gillette that we pulled over. It's about one hundred yards off the road, but you can see it because they have lights on it. And we took the bumper and I had my two buddies hold it so it looked like it was protruding from the camels behind, and I threw like four or five quick beads on there just so it would stay, and then we amused ourselves all night, people wonder why the hell there's a bumper sticking out of the giant metal camels behind. So, yes, I've done some miniature don't do any of these things. Kids, I've done some immature stuff. So I'm sorry if I laughed hysterically when listening to that RFK story. But also, there's no way you go from Lugers to either of the main airports in New York and go through Manhattan.
Speaker 2: They made a.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a commitment from the Brooklyn Bridge over up to Central Park. But can you imagine the media and all the people's that like. Admittedly, they caused quite a stir, but that's that's what they did there. So I don't know. Ross you ever pose a dead bear carcass during your younger years. Oh okay, do you understand why somebody might think that's funny? Though? No, again, it's not. It didn't kill the bear, and he does have a problem because he can't just leave the bear carcass in the back of your van for days. But it caused quite a stir there in New York City, all right? Oh, Hey, Jamal, can you hang on? Jamal? Can you hang on? I gotta I gotta talk to Ray. But I'll grab you here in the last segment if you don't mind holding Okay, but hang on there, sir, hang on all right, A short sighted stage at last time. So let's go ahead and do this. Ross is concerned because he thinks it's it's weird the experience you have. The only Debbie I ever knew was my buddy's sister spelled a D E B b y. But Ross said, that's not how it's spelled. It's bb I E. So I'm assuming that's how his sister's name is spelled.
Speaker 11: So's this one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I figured it out.
Speaker 11: Yeah, what's that?
Speaker 1: It's uh, let me pronounce this uh uh uh the Dayless Dayless Florida. It's almost Dallas. And it's the name of the watershed where it made landfall.
Speaker 12: I did see that. So and it's actually, speaking of pronunciation, I made it. It's actually Steen Hatchy. It's not Stey, said Steinatchy, and so the pronunciation came out. Yeah.
Speaker 11: So that's that's where they say Jewish.
Speaker 1: Is that was that it?
Speaker 11: I don't I don't know weird.
Speaker 1: It's a weird time for that.
Speaker 11: So it is. It is.
Speaker 12: And now you know, we go from not forgetting, let's not forget just because landfall has occurred. You know, I seem to think a lot of people kind of forget about these things. But it's forecasts to merge back out over the open water before it even gets below tropical storm status and heavy rainfall, major flooding event now underway. Some spots have seen over a foot of rain in North Florida already, and we could see one to two feet of rain in the eastern Carolinas, especially South Carolina and maybe even Southeast Georgia right now. The bullseyes painted around Hilton Head and Tybee Island and in that area for over maybe a foot to two feet of rainfall. There's gonna be inland flooding. There's gonna be places underwater. Charleston is one. You've got three rivers that meet in Charleston. They're gonna have water rise Charleston. But yeah, yeah, this could be one of those, you know, up there on the scale of top flooding events, especially because of that trying to happen and then the push water coming in from the Atlantic along with one to two feet of rain trying to come down from the sky. Slow mover impacts here, I think some because it sits over the top of the triangle. By what is it, two am Friday morning, still as a depression.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so our rain con rex isn't gonna work. So we'll see.
Speaker 12: Yeah, probably it's uh midweekend beyond we could see some heavier rainfall obviously less as you go west. I mean, well, maybe not obviously, but still we could have some flooding problems here. It's just hit and miss today and tomorrow. So let's just get those two days out of the way. A few showers, thunder showers today, temperatures are still warm in upper eighties. Tomorrow a little better chance of showers and thunderstorms. I'm probably getting up to the low to mid eighties. And then it's Wednesday through Friday at the changeable forecast, but expect at least some rain, potentially some heavy rain. Just gonna tell you expect changes to the forecast.
Speaker 11: Keep tuning back.
Speaker 12: We'll do the best we can to keep you all updated, as we do run a risk here even this far inland, of maybe maybe some flooding here too, which could be significant. It depends on where you are, but really to the east and south, extremely heavy rainfall, very slow moving system going to remain to be seen when it gets picked up and taken north or just dissolves itself.
Speaker 11: But this is going to be an historic event for some.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so yeah, you're going crazy with the weather and then the stock market people are pregnantiz so yeah, yep, I am. We'll see how depressed our business guy is. Have a go one and we'll talk to Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on, Spellinger, what a day it might be. You guys got the jump nets ready up there or what? Yeah, we should have those ready borrow from appen. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Evidence of a slowed down on the nation's job market triggered a global stock market route. Asia was hit especially hard. Japan's keystock index fell more than twelve percent Today, the most closely watched average in London is down more than two percent, and the futures tell us as you indicate that Wall Street's in for a very rough start. S and P futures are down two hundred and thirty one points. NASDAC futures are down one fifty four points. Dow futures down twelve hundred and forty seven points at the moment. There's been some early speculation about among investors about the possibility the Federal Reserve could announce an emergency interest rate cut that would be in light of the latest evidence of a weakening job market. Such a cut would not be unprecedented, but the analysts say intermeeting cuts are rare.
Speaker 1: Because the bar is set very high.
Speaker 13: Half of all American credit card users fail to pay off their cards each month, according to a new report from Bank Rate. Carrying a balance from month to month not a good financial strategy, of course, especially with credit card interest rates at an all time high. And it is hard case to find a stock that's in positive territory pre market, but there is one. Shares of Kelenova are up twenty two percent on reports the Kellogg's spinoff may be acquired by Mars. Kelenova is the parent of pop Tarts, Eggo Waffles and other brands.
Speaker 1: You're not going to mess with the pop Tarts, are they?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Formulas, man, I want them to feel as corporate as they do. All right, Well, thank you, Jeff, all right, we'll do thet tomorrow. Yeah, okay, take care all right. Yeah, well that's even worse earlier when Ross was like, did you see the nasda's off seven hundred, Now it's off over one thousand. Uh okay, well well well all right, Jamal, thanks for hanging on. Go right ahead, sir.
Speaker 5: Hey, Casey, how y'all doing you know what? Casey? Here's something else. But I don't know if you called this. They're recycling their more conservative talking points.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: They sat there and used a talking point that Rush Limbaugh described twenty twelve Obama voters. Remember he called them low information voters. And that's what we as conservatives was calling them the low information voters, low information voters. So when they called blacks like myself low information voters, many in the so called these so called black activism, these so called black political and if you notice none of them who are on seeing in and stuff like that, they actually are not truly reflecting black views on homosexuality.
Speaker 1: Well let me say this, just because we're really tight and I want to I want to drive. I don't know those dudes. I don't think those dudes in the barbershop are conservatives, right, I don't know they're not. Yeah, maybe some of them are. I don't want to I don't want to guess one way or the other. But I got the impression that they're you know, it's very passive political stuff that they're doing. But their first interpretation of Kamala is you ain't black. And I find that very interesting.
Speaker 5: So that's okay, real quick, Casey, that's true. And that's how a lot of black men are taking it, and a lot of black men are trying to be shamed or bullied or insulted into supporting her, and a lot of black men, but jority of us are like no, and we're not. And the ones that's not conservable like no, you complain about Joe Biden's nineteen ninety four crime bial she was walking black man up and she helped from black men and she knew Willerson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, want the exulpatory evidence, she said on and she also short didn't do short lease because they thought that it would be problematic for the prison industries that were going on there. So I hear you, Jamal. That's why I think it's fascinating and I love it and thank you for the call. I love that CNN didn't figure it out