Speaker 1: Eric continue on. Eric Dickerson joins the program. E d How are you. What's up, Fred? How you doing? Man? Doing well? Doing well? What's up? Rodney? What's up? Eric Dickerson? How you doing? Brother? I'm good, brother, I'm good. Yeah. I was at that baseball game yesterday. Yeah, I was there too.
Speaker 2: I was telling them, uh, you know after that second inning it when the Dodger Stadium just got quiet, or about six innings, man, it was like flat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I got you know, I do. I do give the fans credit, Dodger fans credit, man. Man, the Dodgers have a lot of fans. I mean, yeah, I see, I see why guys. You know, they may not see it when there are other teams when they come to the Dodgers. But they said, I've always wanted to play for the Dodgers. You know, just everything is just so first class over there. I mean, it really is. I mean something I hate to say it. I got to give them credit. It's almost like the Cowboys, you know, it really is. That's the same persona playing for a great organization. But it was a tough loss yesterday, but it was just it's just one game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know about you a D, but I was just gonna follow him that real quick. Fred.
Speaker 4: I don't know about you D, but I went when I was playing. I always, I always when we went to other stadiums and stuff like that, I always enjoyed the ones that did it right, like the stadiums and the fans and the teams that did it right. So you like, man, this is this is a cool place to play. They got everything right, they got the music, the fans are great. And I was just looking at the like the teams like the Mets or whenever I go to a Dodger game, just looking at the other players and how they kind of look when they come out and are playing in front of the Dodger Stadium crowd and in Dodger Stadium. It's got to be that feeling like, man, this is this is this is cool. This is something I love to play here. You know, it's got to be. I mean, think about I think on the tiny signed you know he said that. You know, he didn't never say you never heard them saying thing about the Dodgers playing for the Dodgers when he was with the eight I mean the Angels. But when he said he said, you know, I always kind of want to play for the Dodgers, and that just goes to show and you right, right, and you go to different stadiums and play play different you know, play different teams. You look at them, you look at the fan base, because that's big for us. I mean, I don't forget when we played in Anaheim, Man, it was lots of times. Man, we'd have like thirty thousand fans of the game, I mean twenty It was frustrating. I mean sometimes I like playing on the road better because we on the road, we seem to sell out.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, we sell out for the forty nine as we sent out the Cowboys. You know it's at the Eagles. But you know, similar the other Atlanta nah, Cincinnati, Nah, you know, just we just didn't.
Speaker 1: But would you be upset if you're a regular fan, do you think they're upset? You know, Hey, you take your you take your shot, and you pay your money and you go to the game, and you go to a game where the team is just crushed. Do you think of the back of your mind, you go, damn, I wasted that money.
Speaker 3: H Well, you know no, because you know it's no guarantee when you go to a game ference you're gonna win. I mean, it's always fun when you win it. I mean the team that wins and man, that was a great time. That was a great game. You know it was great because you won. I mean even if the game was closed and you lost, you still be like, man, and we just just did this.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know I had a good time, but you know we lost. That's what it comes down to. I mean, yesterday I had a great time.
Speaker 1: I did. I want my friend Christopher Lake yo. YEA.
Speaker 3: Always invice men, my man George Lee from my heart. But but you know it's I'm gonna tell you something. When they hit that When they hit that first home run up Brazier, I'm like, what was it? He had two strikes and I think two balls up and then I know it's two and two or something like that. They had a home run. I'm like, oh, this ain't good. I just had a feeling. I said, this ain't good, you know. Then then came hit that the grand Slam. I'm like, yeah, we're two strikes, Yeah, we're two strikes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I used to say it, I'm one of I'm saying I'm one of them got s out. This this old because think about it, when you got a six old lead. This was in baseball, six old lead, and like football, I was like twenty one nothing. Yeah, it's hard. It's hard to make up six runs in baseball. It's hard to make up twenty one points. You know I did playing in the NFA. It's just tell me to get twenty one points.
Speaker 1: Uh. Did you hear what Dave Roberts said about the Padre series? If you remember, and I want to get your take on this, guys. At one point he said, you know, it was unsettling when Manny Machado apparently threw a ball at him. I remember that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, well now you know it came out. Well, it's not really what happened. I just did that. I said that to take the heat off the players and my guys and you know, focus on me so they can just go out and play. And he said that all right. Yeah, so you know, actually it was a pretty good tactic if you think about it, What do you think about a coach or a manager doing something like that. I think it was great.
Speaker 4: First off, you know, was Manny trying to really hit him? No, I don't think he was really trying to hit him. But was he trying to stir some stuff up? Yeah, absolutely, he was trying to get in the Dodger's head.
Speaker 1: You don't do that.
Speaker 4: You don't throw the ball at the opposing team's dugout after warm ups.
Speaker 1: He just don't do that.
Speaker 4: And so yeah he was, he was trying to stir some stuff out. But Dave making it you know more than that. Yeah, because if you if you go back and watch Taoscar who was right there, was all fired up. He was like ready to go. Of course, Flaherty was ready to go since the time he faced him and struck him out.
Speaker 1: He was ready to go.
Speaker 4: And the whole team was ready to fight Nanny Machado at that point. So diffusing that sometimes you know, you want your team to to fight and have that kind of fight in here, but you don't want that to be the distraction of going out and playing baseball. You're so worried about fighting and being mad at the other team that you forget what you have to do. I remember Magic said that said in that one series against Boston when they closed lined old Boy closed lined.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kevin McHale got we said they were more concerned about fighting the Celtics than playing basketball, and that's exactly what the Celtics wanted and ended up losing that series. And so you can get caught up into that. So I thought it was smart by Dave Roberts by taking it and saying it was on me. I was unsettled by that and blah blah blah, and yeah, it was orderline intentional to take that off of the players just kind of going off at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think it's a good thing too. I mean, it's funny. He kind of made it up. That's the fun that's the funny thing. Like I really didn't happen, but I want to get my guys spoted.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like if you're in the field and a player walks to your huddle. You know, you're like, hey, man, what the hell you doing here? You know, something gonna something gonna go down, or guys come towards your sideline, stand in front of your sideline. You're like, hey, IMF, you know it ain't going down like this. I mean, you're thinking about it. We're gonna get at it. But football is different because you know, it's an aggressive sport you can get really aggressive bout that. You know, it's not like baseball. You kind of have to keep your composure in baseball. But I do like the idea that that just goes to show what kind of coach he is. I'm gonna put this on myself and take it off the team, and everybody be talking about, you know, a child throwing the baseball at me, and that's what kind of everybody was doing.
Speaker 1: Wow, what do you throw it? In? Man? What what means? What happened when they don't like each other?
Speaker 4: So you know, yeah, I became the Chado and Dave Roberts and Roberts the Dodger players and Machado going at right right?
Speaker 1: You guys, ever have anybody walk into the wrong huddle, into one of your huddles talking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know. Greg Townsend was used to do that for the Raiders all the time. He used to get in and try to get in the huddle, or if we had a time out, he would try to be on our sidelines. I walk over for the time out. He tried to be right in there and trying to listen to what we were talking about. And I don't you know, there was there's a guy in Green Bay, because when I was in Detroit played him twice, Tim Harris, who had he had a run for a little bit, Tim Harris, Tom Harris, Oh my god. He used to talk talk during the play, after the play, between the play, and yeah, he would try to cross the line and get into your huddle and have conversations and all kinds of stuff, man, and yeah, just.
Speaker 1: To get under your skin, just to try to get under your skin.
Speaker 4: And a couple of times, yeah it worked for him where guys would get angry and you know, they start a little scuffle and all that kind of stuff, and that's.
Speaker 1: All he really wanted to do.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there are a little number of guys that love to just kind of get in here, try to get in your head that way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean Tim Harrison.
Speaker 3: I remember him because I won't forget when he bodied slammed nicmahon.
Speaker 1: And separate his shoulder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we're playing them that we planned Bears the following week, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of related kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Late he Jimmy throw the ball and we're just kind of standing there. Yeah, and you say, oh, you're standing next to me. He just picked him up and and slammed him on his shoulder, separate his shoulder. I think he got like a five hundred dollar fine. I mean, can you imagine doing that now he be spending for the whole year. I mean, oh yeah, yeah. I meant you'd be surprised to staying on that field, man. I mean it'd be something like wowout that man. They talked about the kids, and they talked about all kinds of stuff in them huddles.
Speaker 4: Man. Now that stuff getting personal like that, it gets personally.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 4: Never forget. I might get in trouble for saying this, but I never forget. We had a receiver in Detroit. You were just a cocky, cocky kid and and and just you know, love to talk mess And it.
Speaker 1: Was my early days.
Speaker 4: And we put in the run and shoot and he played for Mouse Davis back and heughs to play with Jim Kelly and that team when they were playing in the USFL and came over to us. But just very very cocky. And it was at a time where you know, you didn't you didn't see. There wasn't there was like it is today. Basically, there wasn't white corners, right, There was no such thing as white it was white safeties. You know, safeties is if you're a white player, you played safety and you didn't but you didn't play corner. It was usually reserved for for black players that played course.
Speaker 1: So it was a rarity that you saw a white guy playing corner.
Speaker 4: And he went in motioned a couple of times and I'm in the middle of my cadence and he would yell at me, going, Pete, pete, I.
Speaker 1: Got the white guy on me. I got the white guy on me. Oh my god. It took everything.
Speaker 4: I mean it was took everything from me not to laugh, but I'm sure everybody that heard it was.
Speaker 1: Like, going, what got the white guy?
Speaker 4: I mean, I can get I can get a lose, like the white guy got the.
Speaker 1: Wells. You remember that game, Rodney, What kind of game did that receiver have? He had a big day.
Speaker 4: I think yeah, because I think he had like four or five catches before that, and then he just kept eating him up and they kept putting them, putting the same guy on him. He was like, yeah, I got him again, I got him again. Let's go, and yeah, we fed him. You know what's funny around there is football.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I was talking to Roy Green the other night, and we were talking about receivers, you know, getting targets and how many catchers they have, and that's my said. I said, what's the most target you ever had in the football game? He said, most past ever call in the game. My whole crew was eight, and I think he had eight for like one ninety he said, Man, didn't we didn't get that moment. That's the more eight I was. That was crazy back in those days. Say, man, I know he said, I got if I got sixteen or seventeen passes, said, I had four hundred yards, right, And you think about it. They didn't get the ball like that. They didn't If if a receiver had a big day, he had to do it off of sometimes three or four catches, five at five at the most.
Speaker 1: I mean the game was like pretty good, you got a pretty good day, he called five. Yeah. Yeah, Like I saw the tight end.
Speaker 3: The tight end slash quarterback slash receiver that played against USC was number forty four.
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh my man, man, he got started on him. He did everything but kick field goals against.
Speaker 4: Oh god, he killed us, single handedly killed us.
Speaker 1: But you're right, you're right.
Speaker 4: And the thing is the misconception about that whole thing, and receivers still to this day still don't always get it.
Speaker 1: Is that you know, a play is.
Speaker 4: Designed and it's it's maybe designed one a certain way, but the coverage will dictate who becomes number one, who becomes number two, becomes the first target, the second target, the third target. So it's not always the case like they didn't throw me the ball or they didn't target me the golf. Sometimes the coverage will say, okay, this play was designed. If they played this coverage or played these two or three coverages, then yeah, you'll be the number one primary. But if they don't, then I got to go to the other side, right, And then they look at it as going they didn't target me in the first half, they didn't target anything, or maybe they're playing man to man, or we thought they were gonna play man and they didn't.
Speaker 1: They played zone.
Speaker 4: So all of a sudden, those those plays that we put in from me and the man don't work because they're playing zone. And all of a sudden, you know, because receivers now are the prima donna's and the cocky guys of the team that they think that they're supposed to be targeted all the time. It doesn't work that way. From a quarterback standpoint and offense standpoint, it it dictates. It's like, it's like Eric, if we design except when y'all had Dee de Bruck, because they gave you the ball no matter what. But if they if they say we're gonna get Eric, you know, thirty carries this game, and all of a sudden, the team says, you know what, we're not gonna let Eric beat us. We're gonna play a nine man front. But if you know, court, you got to check out of those plays and go, Okay, we're not gonna run against that. It's no game. We got to throw the ball against that. All of a sudden, he thought he was gonna get thirty carries, he only gets fifteen or twelve. You know he's not gonna come back and go they didn't give me the ball. They told me they will giving ball twenty five times. Then get they're playing a nine man front ninety percent of the time. There's no way you can run on that. And so it's just sometimes it baffles me. How you know, you hear receivers talk about that after the game, I only got targeted this amount of time.
Speaker 1: I only got this. The game a lot of times dictates that I know.
Speaker 3: I mean, David, he'll text me last night and he said, man, it's just frustrating watching these players. He said, they're so soft. He said, they get hit, they can't take the hits. They always you know, they got a head injury right off the bat. I mean, think about it riding there, man, back in the day when we played, and I had to see saying back in the day, but it's just the truth.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you got hitting the head, so what get up? Shake it off.
Speaker 3: I mean, and I'm glad they're protecting the players, but I mean this day and age, it's almost like you can't hit them. If you hit them too hard. Well, we got a concussion. Oh that's it. He gonna be out for two weeks. I mean, and I know our equipment was real ragged. I was just looking at my I'm gonna send you out a picture. What I want to send you a picture? No, I haven't to run. I was in my story's closet here. I'm like, wow, my shoulder pass. I put my shoulder pass out with the neck roll. I mean, I'm gonna send you a picture of it. Man, they had had a double reinforce with the pads on the man, I'm like that the necro still look like it's still it's beat up looking. But no, that was a different football back then, like I said, yeah, like we said, and they hit, not that they hitting for real.
Speaker 1: Back in the game. You went back in the game.
Speaker 4: It was nothing, I mean seriously, And then again, we're not making light of concussion protocols and what you have to do today, because you do because you you know, you see guys later in life that are that are struggling. But it was a different mindset where you got hit in the head. It was just like part of the game. You got you got your belt run. It's what they called it, right, You got the belt run. You saw some stars a little bit, and a lot of times you know it would last, you know, five minutes or so and then you would feel all right to go back in or go play again.
Speaker 1: And that's what you did.
Speaker 4: There was there was not an immediate take you out of the game, right and and so it's it's just a different mindset when you watch the games nowadays and see you know, they got a medical tent for everything.
Speaker 1: You got a hangnail going into medical ten. Well, you know the issue is because people were so concerned about safety and the effects that players had after they retired, the game had to do something to clean up because football would have been at a crossroads. It really would have. I mean, in today's world, people are not going to stand there and watch people get basically sacrificed. And it's an unnatural act. If you're playing football, and you guys know I never played. Is it a natural act to run as fast as you can into a brick wall? Is that natural? It's an unnatural act? Correct?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Ah, you said it perfectly. My mother hated football. I mean she hated it. She didn't want me to play. I told you before. She didn't want me to see that. She wouldn't back when I was younger. You have to have somebody to sign for you to play. So I asked her to say, I play seven great football. She said, I'm not signing for that crap area. She said no, and I said why. She said, son, it's an unnatural act. You'd be running into each other. She said, that's not natural. Eric, It's gonna cause you problems later.
Speaker 1: So make a long story. Shut up.
Speaker 3: And that's my godmother to sign next door, and she signed, I don't give her my mother side.
Speaker 1: She said. She signed the papers like, yeah, boy, she was she was mad, but she was hot. Yes, yes she was hot.
Speaker 3: But you're right, Fred, she said, fifty years ago. That is an unnatural act. Think about That's like, that's like I'm gonna take two cars and I'm the freeway. I'm just gonna run them into each other fast as we can go seventy miles an hour.
Speaker 1: Something bad gonna happen. I mean, it is, it's time to happen. And I just saw that picture of them pads Eric, Oh my god, in a path right man, that's what we played it back in the day, man, And I was just look and look, Quill. I didn't take hits on every play. You took hits on every play.
Speaker 4: And oh my god, oh my god, man, to deal with that with that kind of equipment is I mean, seriously.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's amazing the guys today have. They have no idea how good they got.
Speaker 1: They have no idea.
Speaker 3: I mean, I got to say even I think guys even played before us said the same thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, y'all got it, and I get it. I got it. I mean we thought it was we thought it was I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 3: I mean when I got to the Rams, I'm like, man, it's a junior high school.
Speaker 1: I mean, just the pro. I was tripping like this, the pro junior high school over here.
Speaker 4: That crazy though, I mean seriously, because I had the same thing when I got to the Lions. You know that came from from from sc where they you know, they made sure they had the top things of everything. They had the right, the latest or whatever. I'm sure asking you at them days had the best of everything too. And you get to a professional team thing and it's supposed to be better, Like, oh my god, they got to be passed from nineteen sixty right, we're doing right, the old suspension Redell helmets they had back. What are you doing? That's gonna be that's a concussion? Wait happened? And as well, it's like, wow.
Speaker 3: What about you, Fred, you have any kind of stuff? You know, you're such a great athlete.
Speaker 1: I know you know, Eric, I'm not going to relay the story again. You know, when I was going to be the kicker on the football team, but the helmet gave me ahead. The helm gave you a headache.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I full that before you even played. The helmet gave you a headache. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it. It was too tight on my head. So I put on this giant helmet, like a giant helmet. I said, this one gets much better, and they said, no, it's gonna go swing all the way around your head. And I know, but this one, this one is much better. I'm more uncomfortable than this.
Speaker 3: Rattling at a football uniform period. Do you have any pictures of that? I would just love to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, Eric, here's the thing. And you know, maybe you should just appreciate this that in my day, you know, when they wanted me to be the kicker, I could drill it from like twenty five yard? Did you kick fair? I couldn't, but I was more. I was more lou Groza. I wasn't the sidewinder. I was like two steps and bam, it's like straight one.
Speaker 4: Straight on you went straight on kicker and straight off.
Speaker 1: Yeah the toe, oh no, I could kick it because my legs were giant. I mean, look, I could strangle the people with my legs, that's how big. By looking at I could tell by looking at him. Right now, Listen, Eric, that's fine. Back in the day, if you hit my leg, if you if you shot me in the leg, if you shot me in the leg, my legs were so big the bullet would bounce off and kill you. That's how big my legs were back in the day. Come on, Earl Campbell Jr. That's what I wanted, Earl Campbell.
Speaker 3: Come on, Earl Campbell. So you had so you had big legs and a big heat.
Speaker 1: Eric, you understand it's called the big head syndrome. Get they call people. Listen, people with big heads always photographed better on television. If you have a little pea head, it doesn't work. That's not true for it, that's not true because you got a pa head.
Speaker 3: I don't, man, I don't know, but I know I see some people on the team like nag dang, like a waterhead baby sitting up there. And I'm not taking fun of I mean, I knew some people.
Speaker 4: You know, baby, maybe you only knew relative.
Speaker 1: Relative. Man, one time, my mother it was like a little waterhead, boy.
Speaker 3: It was they brought the they brought the baby over and I and I was waiting for my mother's reaction because I knew how funny she was said, oh, let me bring the baby over here. Thought that baby had that baby had a big old head too, and it wasn't cute. And she said, oh a baby, because I know that's right all baby, that's it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: It was nothing but your uncle or your aunt. Look at you know that little boy, that Dickison boy or that people wait, wait, hold on that Biggison boy. But that that Pete boy. People got that water head?
Speaker 1: What what was the water You keep saying it and keep laughing. What if waterhead? You know?
Speaker 3: The water head baby, big old, gigantic head like like a jack in the box, like like the head don't fit the body, like.
Speaker 1: Like a jack of Lena. Like, Lord, it's bobbing back and won't sit us right. That boy will break his neck. Everybody listen, everybody grows into their head. That's not true.
Speaker 3: That's not a big it's some big head people right now, Yes there are yes.
Speaker 1: Wait, well you you talked about the one big head person that played in the NFL, and we looked up the picture and that that that guy had a giant head. But I I swear to God walking around on the street, I don't see a lot of big head people. Well, I mean, well I'm walking looking at here. It's either.
Speaker 4: You walk around man your head your head out loudly, got your head, got your hit meat out.
Speaker 1: Well, given what you said, it should be fairly obvious. No, I mean when you walk around, I mean you don't think about it.
Speaker 4: You just happen to come up on it, or you see it like on TV or whatever.
Speaker 1: You just see it's like, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: That can't got yeah right off the dead, you know, like that's the fact that you know, like like they turn one way and you ain't got the scream real wide, like what I scared? I mean, people know, some people listen to know we're talking about TV. Some of y'all got some water hit friends out there.
Speaker 1: Chargers take on the Cardinals this Monday with a kickoff at six and ninety eight seven, brought you by Hoffee by five. Get five dollars off on any Hofey products at your local Southern cal California food for less. You know, listening to this, it got me to thinking about babies, about babies and your first reaction to babies and what do you what do you say if maybe that baby isn't that cute? So we'll talk about that next.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's a beautiful Tuesday. And Rodney Pete, Fred Rogan, the Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson, And no offense.
Speaker 1: If you got a rather large head, it's open. You got a big brain.
Speaker 4: You got a big brain, and that's a that's a positive, so don't take it as a negative.
Speaker 1: Always. Well, I didn't even know it was an issue, to be quite honest with you, But I know there are people with big heads. If you look at the majority of people, you didn't know big head was an issue. No, I mean because if you look at the majority of people at work on TV, they do have big heads. I mean, Pat say, Jacks had just like the side of the moment. That's I just saw past Jack yesterday the baseball game.
Speaker 4: That's the game. Yeah, big head, yes or no giant No, I didn't notice the big head.
Speaker 1: It's the big head. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a big head with him. I mean, you know, you say big head like my boy rest in peace with my boy.
Speaker 4: He had a big Heah. Yeah, I know about that. Large head is what they used to call him.
Speaker 1: His nickname was large head Man.
Speaker 4: You know, before all bad stuff happened, but it was it was you know, for long standing, it was in come large head and that everybody knew that was O J.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's it's like it's like it's like you got like to all right, jay lenod Len, We got a big hand, a big chin, has a big head, yeah, and a big chip in too, like like like moon like moon he like like like Jack in the box.
Speaker 1: What do you guys do? Because you brought this up earlier, and I'm just curious. You know, somebody brings over their new baby. Now, if you're the parent, your baby's the most beautiful baby in the world. Always yeah, always, of course. But I mean, if we're to be fair, and you know, just because the baby doesn't look that great when they're young, that's because you know, they've just made quite the journey and eventually everything goes into where it's opposed to. So have you ever been in a situation where somebody brought their baby over? You touched on one earlier with your mom, Eric, and they go here it is, here's the baby, and you look at the baby and you go, I mean, what do you do? Have you ever been in that situation? Well, I got to say this there for while we talk. Why are we making fun of babies anyway? But I get it for the yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean my brother, my half brother, all right, So when he was born and I'm only what five years older than him, five years older, and my uncles told me when they first say, my grandmother told him and my uncle told him, hey, you better go see that by that.
Speaker 1: He's a little ugly one. You don't think he's gonna make it. He looked like a little lizard. And he was he was, he was, he was.
Speaker 3: He was real skinny and he and he had a big head too. I didn't because I was little. He had a big head too. So yeah, people talk when they got their need to say, man, that's an ugly child. Look at the mom and the daddy. The mom ain't that bad look, but the dad looked just like the daddy, ugly like the dad with a big old ass head. I mean, you don't people talk, friend, thinking about roddy dunty.
Speaker 1: You know, people talking, they talk, They do talk. They do talk. That's why they wanted to give That's why they wanna give you that ugly woman. Look at the hell had an ugly baby.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and sometimes it's you know, it's the close people around you. Fred, they let you know about the you know, the head of your baby. You're you know something that was close to you or you know that Yeah, yeah, you know he came out with that big that big head boy. You know my metal son has the big head, the big head when he was born, robbing my man Robinson. Now he, like you said, he grew into it. So it's all proportion now. But I'll never forget. You know, we're close to close to Sam Jackson and he never he never pulls any punches and Sam samid Yeah that that that yeah, that big head peet boy.
Speaker 1: Because he had he had he had a large head.
Speaker 4: But he was born up until he was about five and then he grew into and grew into his head. So but but unfortunately not a lot of people grow into that head and they still stay with it with a large head.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sod asked this question. Yeah, this, so you know, I went at the hospital my first daughter was born because I was playing and my youngest daughter, Carris, she's nineteen, and I won't forget, well she was born, came out and I never seen a baby being born you know, come out to canal and my daughter came. I never forget it. I first told you, they told me she was gonna be a boy. So that was shocked.
Speaker 1: When she came out of girls. I'm shocked with that too.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, yes, they told you. The doctors told you you who are gonna have a boy?
Speaker 1: Told me we're gonna have a boy. Aaron, because.
Speaker 3: Yep, because because I'm gonna tell you what, LETA tell you what. The nurse practitioner told the doctor, No, I think that's a girl. And the doctor got because you know, penns she got. She she told me, she said. The nurse practitioner said, no, that's a girl. He said, don't you ever undermine me. I know what I see. It's a boy, but it came out of girl. So she came out of girl. But the thing that tripped me out the most. I didn't have no clue. And I told some fathers that never had kids before. So if they ever had a kid, I've never had a kid, I said. So they come out to natural Way the canal, just know this here, they're gonna come out with a pointed head. And I'm gonna tell you, brother, I was tripped out. I had no clue. I mean I hadn't. I'm like, oh, one of my daughter came. I'm like, oh my god, what's that?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: On the S and L When they got the pointy they had people the punty a, the cone heads, I'm like, job, have a conehead? They were making fun out of the whole time. I had no clue that you know that it goes back, you know, like it mos back down because her head was pointed as I don't look like a pear of me and coming out, so I didn't.
Speaker 1: I had no clue of that. I'm so surprised. They told you it was good boy and it was a girl kind and the doctor didn't want to admit it. The nurse was like, oh no, doc, that's a girl, said.
Speaker 3: The nurse was a girl. And then we came out of girl. I'm like a girl. I'm like, okay, I mean I was crazy. Yeah, that was crazy. That was crazy.
Speaker 1: But they have an experience like that.
Speaker 5: Six seven, Well, before they call in, I'll say yes because I didn't say this out loud in the delivery room, but I said, the head always gonna look.
Speaker 1: Like that you see. Hey, hey, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 5: I've recent experienced with this, trust.
Speaker 4: Me yet, geranium is soft when it comes out, it's shafe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it comes out like that.
Speaker 5: I was calling up in all the emotion and everything. And then after that war off for about five ten minutes and I went to cut the umbilical cord. I was like, uh, I mean I got a big head, admittedly, sure, but that was different. I was not expecting that. It was like, oh, if you're worrying about his head, they brought it up themselves. I didn't say anything. You know, it'll flatten now, it'll correct itself. That happens all the time when they're coming out. But I was definitely a little freaked out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of things happened. My daughter, you know, had twins to begin with. My daughter came out second. My son was born two minutes before her, and my daughter came out, and she was when you talk about pale, almost all binal pale, and to the point where I was like, this is my baby. My baby, baby's pale, white, white white.
Speaker 1: I said, he gonna get some color.
Speaker 4: He said, yeah, yeah, you meanell sometimes, you know, and she has some she had Johnice is what a lot of babies have. But I was like, God, that baby was white, white, white. My daughter was white. I was like, oh, okay, we got some discussion tappen.
Speaker 3: The same thing my daughter, my daughter. My daughter looked Asian, I mean, because they thought my dad. They asked Penny, they said, she said, I'm at the grocery store. She said, Carrie is little, like, she's like six months.
Speaker 1: Said. A guy came up and said, hey, so where did you buy her at? He said what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said, she said I was in line. She said, I'm in line. I said what what did you buy her? What did I buy her at?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know what?
Speaker 3: Country says I didn't buy my daughter? Adop Yes, why did you buy her? And then she said, uh so yes, this man was that all these president so is the dad?
Speaker 1: Asians don't black? All right?
Speaker 4: Okay, they're taking us on this head, Fred, he took us off the road man, you took us off babies.
Speaker 1: You know what. Now that got me to thinking about another story you told at one point, Eric, Uh, you know, to a new year, we haven't had a chance to revisit how important it is to be a certain color. Told us which one. I got a bunch of them. All right, good, we'll do that next.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's right, Yeah, all things football and body parts Rodney beat Fred Rogan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know when Eric's son, Uh, it's always educational and that's important because we every day we need to learn something and I seem to remember just given the topic. And we'll get back to the Dodgers next hour. But given the topic we were on, Eric and Rodney, you talked about one of your kids came out and you thought she was in albino, Eric, color is very important, isn't it too? Too black people? Most definitely it is.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like like you can be right said, racially profiled by your own colors, because people. I had a high school girlfriend named was Ronda Larkin and she was from Louisiana. She was real light skinned, light skinned girl, and her her grandparents didn't didn't like me. I mean, Mike Maranby maybe dating that o black boy. You know, they have a bunch of little black babies. I mean, I mean that's just how it is back, you know, back, and I'm not I'm not. I don't know if it's like that, and now I'm sure it is. It never changes, trust me. But yeah, I mean you know you want you wanna, you wanna, Uh, it's not. It's not a light skinned, brown skin child. And you know, you know what, you know what the big thing is.
Speaker 1: It is the hair. It is how the hair looks.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, when when my daughter was born, the hair, the hair is big, you know, you know what that that kin kid and they say the nappy hair or whatever they happened that he got.
Speaker 4: That he or she got that good hair. That's what good hair, that good that good community. It's like, oh yeah, they got that good hair, that good hair. That's got good hair, good good hair.
Speaker 1: What was the good hair?
Speaker 3: Matter of fact? My my mother in law, Uh, well then has like this, you know, straight of soft hair, you know, hard and course and straight straight straight of course. M like my mother curls. Last when Carrie was born, well they got curls. You know, some babies are born no hair.
Speaker 1: Uh. Most black babies had to have a head full of the hair. To be honest with you. So when my child, my daughter was born, she say her mother asked, so what's up with the hair.
Speaker 3: She said, what you mean, what's up with the hair? She said, you know what the hair look like. I always tease my mother in law now you know, you know, you know she said, that's what you mean.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't say that. I said, yes, you did. You know you said it. My daughter has me she has nice hair, My son has nice I mean, look any kind of hair. Look. I can't even talk. I have no hair.
Speaker 3: So I would take a red wig right now if my hair grew. But uh, you know that's big, fred.
Speaker 1: I mean, hair and skin color is big in the black community, it is.
Speaker 3: I don't like I said, in our era, in the sixties and seventies and the eighties, that was big.
Speaker 1: Now what about now? I can't speak of the kids today.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's cool like I know they What gets me is is these dread lots and these dread lotes.
Speaker 1: They look like the Predator. Every time I see what these drill, I'm like, you look just like the predator. It looks ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Had these braids all down the back of your leg, you could you could die and come back a thousand years from now.
Speaker 1: Your hair would be that long. It's no way some of these people. You every think of getting hair transplanted or hair Yeah, yeah, you know your mind. Fred's hell no, absolutely not absolutely not. No, man, I ain't get my life. Ain't not crazy.
Speaker 3: I would look now with some hair plants. No, I'm I'm just I'm going in for landing. That's it's over. So yeah, I'm going in for a lantas bucking your seat better put your seat right up right, trade in. I'm going in for landing now.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. So my friends asks this question.
Speaker 3: One one, let me ask you so so so so so so in the white community, in the white community, what's big for y'all?
Speaker 1: I mean, what what's what's what's big for y'all?
Speaker 3: Is it to the height, uh, the hair, the complexion? I mean, what's what's big? I mean, what's your number one priority? Because black people it's you know, it's not time, it's a skin color.
Speaker 1: When they're born or just in life, just to just in life, you know. But you know when when you know say I don't know.
Speaker 4: Internal internal internal bickering or racist and like I only say racist, but just internal internal fights. Like like I said, in the black community, sometimes it's like, oh is he light skinned?
Speaker 1: Dark skin?
Speaker 4: It becomes an issue with some people or what kind of hair that they have is it is it coarse? Kinky or is it loose? And it's straight? You know, good hair, kind of bad hair thing that you know? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What is it? And and and white communities like it is in the black community.
Speaker 3: But let me say one thing forre before you said that. Now, let me tell you when you're dark skinned, when you're dark skinned brother, dark skinned guys like light skinned sisters and light skinned girls you always have and the and the light skinned girls like the dark skinned guy. And I asked them, I said what I said, I just like that chocolate. I like said, I like that mochalo.
Speaker 1: I'm taking it down. You know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about its.
Speaker 4: Educationissity of black and white Asian Indian Hispanic culture right now.
Speaker 1: No, this is good. This is how we learn right. These are the kinds of things that aren't discussed and apparently mustn't must be disgusted. Is it big legs bread like you mentioned earlier? You know what. I'm sitting here trying to think about it.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it would be from the outside looking in. What seems to be an issue is the ginger issue. People who are red heads that's a big thing where and I've never understood it. I've never understood personally, like, oh, they're ginger. It's like, all right, they have we and people have red who are naturally red hits, natural redheads.
Speaker 1: And she's a natural red head, right, but I mean natural, she's a natural.
Speaker 5: And at some point in time, I'm sure she's probably been teased by someone, whether lighthearted or not, about whether like the fact that she's a ginger or what ever.
Speaker 1: And that's like a red hair. But I've never.
Speaker 4: Understood because they're they're rare, they're rare, they're very rare. And you see a rare, very very rare, especially women that woman.
Speaker 6: That it seems like a weird thing to tease somebody, you know, yeah, yeah, you know, I don't know, you know what, you know what, I don't know anything.
Speaker 1: Go go running, thank you, thank you. We're gonna get we go get kicked off the air and a bunch of races on the air. But oh my god, we gonna get kicked off. All right, Let's let's get back to the Dodgers. When we come back with the n l c S tie of the Game of Case,