Speaker 1: The views expressed in the following program are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Saga nine sixty am or its management.
Speaker 2: It's twenty twenty six, and you know what that means. Ring side he is on the air new stock Saga nine sixty am, your favorite podcascher and YouTube. When I get to it, Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Lex Tan, host, the producer of the show, and here back again for more wrestling talk radio. And you'll be actually kind of interested to know that we have some new airtimes that we want to tell you about here on Saga nine sixty AM. We'll still drop the podcast at three pm as well as ad on YouTube as when I get to it, but our airtimes four Ringside Heat on Saga nine sixty AM are now twelve pm. That means we're noon programming for your Wednesdays, five pm for your drive home, as well as nine pm Easter all on the Wednesdays. So you get us for lunch, yeah, get us for your drive home, and you get us for some late night well I guess late night. I guess that calls it. It qualifies as such late night wrestling programming if you're not gonna be watching AW or something like that because we're on during a AW unfortunately. But hey, you know what, whatever works here, whatever is going to be on for the station and whenever you want to tune in on a Wednesday twelve o'clock PM, five o'clock PM, nine o'clock PM Eastern. Moving forward here in twenty twenty six, and remember we are from the heart of Saga to the soul of the Squared Circle, Ringside Heat on the air, lext hand and a solo show here for me today, here, today, tonight, we're gonna start off or this afternoon tonight or whatever you want to listen to this, We're gonna start where an Era ended. Our last episode was back on the live stream on December the tenth, I believe it was. Let me just get that date over here for you. It was the Saturday Night's Mad Event on So I'm sorry, December thirteenth, on John Cena's final match as a wrestler for the WWE. Of course, he's still gonna be going on being the ambassador that he always has been and done well since two thousand and two when he made it up to the main roster and started getting big from there. However, he's no longer a wrestler. He was defeated by Gunter, and he had a smile onness face as he tapped out to Gunther in the submission hold and very very Obi wan Kenobi versus Darth Vader and everything, and passed it on to the next generation. And so we're gonna start off from there. At Saturday nights Man event, the final bell rang on the career of John's and standing across him, not as a footnote, not as a nostalgia actor, not as a mercy kill, but was judgment itself. Gunter, going through defeated John Cena, clean shortcuts, none interference, none, no thank you, roll up, no protective curtain call, just a smile on his face as he tapped out. Some people were shocked, some people were angry. Some people will say that's not how you send John Cena out respectfully though, that is exactly how you send John Cena out. So let me say this plainly. If Cina had won, Gunter would have just stayed another dominant champion. He would have lost nothing. He would have gained quite a bit, because you know, he was Johnsona's last match. If the match editing chaos, the moment would have gotten deluded. If nostalgia takes over and you have Johnsena win the match, the future gets robbed. But John Cena, because he lost, he stood there, absorbed the punishment, smile on his face as he tapped out, fought until his body said no, and he stayed down. Gunta didn't just win a match. He inherited that damn mountain. This wasn't a burial, This was a succession. John Sena didn't need protection. His legacy untouchable. Probably a greater legacy than the Rock, a greater legacy than Stone called Steve Austin, possibly a greater and I will dare to say this, I will dare to say this. He may have had a bigger impact on culture on the whole, on WWE on the whole, than Haul Cogan may have had. Now, don't get me wrong, Haul Cogan probably had the single most influential career in all the profess wrestling. And he took professional wrestling from I guess from from from from the small time to pop culture, mainstream culture to the big time where wrestling never thought it could be until Vince McMahon and Hulk Cogan saw money in each other, and I guess that's what Vince McMahon saw in John Cena. Well, at least well Stephanie McMahon saw it when when she, you know, told him to go and do the whole Vanilla Ice rap gimmick. But still, the amount of dedication that Sina had to the WWE, even when he moved on from WWE full time into his movie career, the loyalty that he had surpasses for sure anything that Hult Cogan did. And I guess it's also what an emulation of what Stone called Steve Austin and The Rock did because neither of them, neither of them appeared for ww or appeared outside of WWE save four. I believe it was The Rock inducting Ken Shamrock into the CNA Wrestling Hall of Fame or Impact Wrestling Hall of Fame as it was called then. But no John Cena, I would say, he's still I would say, the most impactful professional wrestler with the WWE has ever produced, and the biggest star I guess, other than The Rock, that WWE has ever produced. So what does this all mean? First of all, let's go and talk about who is still wrestling, And who's still in the company right now it's Kunter. He is now the heel of the company. He's getting booed out of buildings like Dominic Mysterio was when he turned on his father or his adoptive father, raymus Stadio. And here's the thing that people are underestimating. The finish didn't just elevate Gunter, it redefined him. He's not respected, he's not cool, he's not quietly dominant. He is hated viscerally organically, and he's got nuclear heat the same, very same, oh, it's very very same, very similar heat to you the way Dominic Mysterio got it. And now that he has, you know, people started to like, you know, like you know, they've been loving to hate him, and now they're starting to love him. And now they're actually letting him speak and letting him do things. And he's no longer getting booed viscerally to the point where he won't be able to talk. That now belongs to Gunther. This is the kind of heat that you cannot fake. This is the kind of heat that you cannot book into existence. And that's the thing. And as a thing, even with Dominic mysterio. You could not have predicted how how heavy, at how hot the crowds were going to be against him when he turned against his father. And that's what we have here with Gunther. This is what a true heel looks like in this day and age. In January twenty twenty six, Gunter has no catchphrase except for the fact that he calls himself that ineral. No wink to the crowd at all. He's not cosplaying. It's just him a big old trench coat and trunks going into the ring. Nothing like that. Well boots, yeah, sure, but nothing more than that. It's all all it is is consequences for you once you step in a ring with them. And that's something that we will actually be seeing possibly next week in Germany on Monday Night Raw, which we'll you know, we'll get to actually next week, Chico will be back and hopefully we'll have another another Front of the show join us as well. But the run times of wrestling shows these days is something that I'd like to get into one of these days, but I want to get into with other people around the show. So that's coming up. Hopefully we'll have that come up for next week. But Sina's final gift. This isn't about losing. This wasn't about him losing. This was obedient to the future. John Cena didn't ask for the spotlight. He worked his ass off for that spotlight from day one in this company, all the way back in o in OVW. He worked his ass off for the spotlight he deserved last month at Saturn Night's main event. But he didn't ask for it. He didn't ask for the feel good ending. He didn't ask the business to bend around him. He did what he has always done. At his best, he has been able to make somebody else, and he made Gunther that night. John Cena, all through his career, always been saying people have been chanting you can't wrestle. People boot him out of buildings, people cheered for it was loud. I've We've been talking about this so many times over the years, but he made wrestlers. If you were going up against John Cena, you knew you were getting a hot crowd, If you were going up against John Cena, you knew that you would be safe. If you were going up against John Cena, you knew that people would notice when you were wrestling, whether you won or lost against John Cena. You knew you were being watched by the millions and millions. That is what he did for Gunther. He left his legacy in the hands of the next generation represented by Gunther that night. That's legacy, that's stewardship. Sina didn't walk out on his back. He walked out completed the job that he did. Remember back in twenty seventeen when the reason when he when he went up to Roman Reigns and Roman Rains screwed up his promo and John Cena called him out on it, and John Cena said, all improv, I'm still here because you can't do your job. Gunther did his job. The youth Roman Reigns found a way to do his job. And that's why John Cena felt this is the right time to finally say give a proper goodbye to the wrestling career that he had and the fans who cheered him throughout his wrestling career. And here is why the finish did that match with Gunther will age beautifully. Five years from now, when Gunther is still the most feared man in the company, people will point back and say that night he beat John Cena. That night Johnsena tapped out with a smile on his face. That's when he that's when this became real. Not because Sena lost, not because Gunter was any better than anybody else in the company, but it's because the business, the business of professional wrestling in the WWE, led creatively by Triple H Paulaveck, the business shows gravity over its comfort. The Gunther era didn't begin with a title win. It began with a decision. And that's the legacy that we are going to see five years down the line when we come back, we're going to talk about WWE's most our next challenge. Rather when everything is special, nothing is special. This is Ringside Heat and we'll be back after these promotional considerations. Wait, this is the Little and you're listening to Springside.
Speaker 1: Pastream us Live at Saga nine sixty am.
Speaker 2: Dot ca.
Speaker 3: Yo, bro It is Vince Russo Man and you are listening to Ringside Heat bro a News Talk Saga nine sixty am.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Ringside Heat and you suck Saga nine sixty am. Your favorite podcascher or on YouTube. Ladies and Gentleman, my name is lextand follow me at lextand Media. Follow the show at Ringside, Underscore, Heat on YouTube, on Instagram, on x on Facebook, on TikTok, on threads, as well as on Patreon. Welcome back. If segment one was about gravity, segment two is gonna be about velocity because we're talking about one full year of Monday Night Raw on Netflix. Let me start it off by saying, no crisis, no, not no crisis at all. WWE is not in trouble, is not going anywhere. Raw NXT SmackDown on Netflix has been a success. Yes, we're gonna complain about the run times three hours of WW SmackDown on a Friday night that night it's it's nice. Here's the thing in hindsight, to me and to many others, it was a nice, little novelty thing when the show is only two hours long and it's like, oh, I get another half and I'll get another hour of wrestling. Cool, Okay, let me curl up here on on my couch and watch some wrestling on TV for three when I don't have any plans on a Friday night. Great, but now it's consistently three hours on a Friday night, and that is all. And to add to that, yes, I know that there have been raws, especially last Monday Night where or not there are two Monday Nights ago rather where RAW was clocked in at an hour and forty minutes like that, like a two hour RAW, and was actually a well paced, a very very well paced show. And not to say that this past Monday Night Raw on January on January the fifth, was a bad show. It was actually a pretty good show, even though the Karun Twins said it was the worst show of the year. It was the worst RAW of the year. But then again, only one RAW so far this year, so could be the best, could be the worst. Who knows, We don't know. We still got fifty two more ras to go or fifty one rather anyway, we'll talk about run times next week with Chico because he has a lot to say about that. So let me get back to it. Raw on Netflix, SmackDown on Netflix, NXT on Netflix pay per Views Sorry, p l E's Premium Live events on Netflix. A bit of success, but success is now bringing a new challenge. When everything looks big and everything sounds big, how do you make anything feel big? Here's one way to do it. The main event of Monday Night Raw, Your New World heavyweight champion c M. Punk putting up the world heavyweight championship on the line versus bron Breaker, And for some people it did look like that bron Breaker could have been crown champion that night last Monday against them Punk, and maybe it was the right and maybe it could have been from some people's point of view, that actually might have been the right thing to do. See him Punk, he's not exactly a spring chicken. He still got it. He's still got it, but he's also no pushing fifty. He might I think he's already fifty. I don't know, but but hey, I mean, like you know, he's still But that's the thing with wrestlers these days. They the nutrition, the fitness, everything about wrestlers these days, and athletes on the whole, professional athletes on the whole. There's a lot more good clean health with them. And of course would see him Punk being straight edge, never did drugs, never did any alcohol. He's very very clean. His body is very very clean in that sort of sense. But you know, people thought that it would have been see him Punk dropping the title to bron Breaker the Young Buck that night, just in the same way a month ago that John Cena Ceampunk contemporary would have, you know, passed the baton over to the new generation with Goodther winning that match, but it wasn't meant to be. And that's where I was, That's where I was thinking. I was thinking that if there was anything that was going to happen, if Cmpunk was going to lose the title, it would have been at the Royal Rumble over in Saudi Arabia, and that would have been a very poignant place or a very I guess connected pay per view or PLA because that's when back in twenty thirteen or something, I believe, I can't remember which year it is. It was before Wrestling Year twenty eight when the Rock defeated Cmpunk at the Royal Rumble to win the WWE Championship. He held the Spinner Belt for like a day or something like that, and then he debuted on his next appearance on Raw with the WWE Scratch Big Scratch Logo Championship, which eventually turned into the WWE Big Scratch Logo or a Big Network Logo Championship, the one that Roman Reigns had held throughout his entirety of his his World Heavyweight Championship undisputed World Heavyweight Championship Brain during those four years of the bloodline story. But let's talk but let's go back. Let's go back to Monday Night and talk about the match. This was wrestling done right, no smoke, no overproduction, just collision. Yes, there were shenanigans, but bron Breaker didn't blink, see him. Punk didn't blink. He didn't phone it in either, And that's the key. It was just a great little match, a great match for the title autumn Monday Night raw between the new generation and the old generation, and it was, and it was. It was a very very good match from both of those guys over there. The match does tell us something important though. Punk is testing the future, not coasting into it. And bron Breaker he didn't just hang with cmpunk. He belonged with the main event with cmpunk. But let's talk about the elephant in the upside down. The Stranger Things theme integration well produced, very very well produced on brand for Netflix. Oh of course it was emotionally confusing. Also, yes, it felt like the algorithms online booked the entire show. And that is the danger when pop culture tie in start dictating the tone instead of enhancing it, the show loses its internal logic because wrestling works best when it is in its own little universe and not when it borrows from someone else's. And that's the reason why a lot of people got real tired of the guest hosts of Monday Night Raw with Vince McMann and also Vince Command of the Million Dollar Giveaway or something like that, because it just started making the shows lose its eternal logic. Now, don't get me wrong, those guest host ras had some pretty entertaining ones with Bob Barker and Chris Jericho with the Muppets that those were always fun. But it did you know, it didn't. I don't know how much it added to the shows, I think, but Bob Barker, Bob Barker, you could do anything with Bob Barker is awesome, was awesome, and besides, he lived as close to one hundred maybe without going over. And I know that showcus like three years old now, but still, but the stranger things thing could have I could have done without it, honestly, on a night on the one year anniversary of a Night Raw, because that's the thing, it's one year of Netflix on Monday Night Raw and if you want to go and advertise Stranger Things, if you want to go and advertise Netflix House in between segments. Great. Don't get me wrong, the set design and the trons looked absolutely fantastic and a little uh and the little bumpers, the visual bumpers on the TV where it's like, uh, where it's just like you know, before the bron Breaker cmpunk uh pro Match, they had like this little visual bumper where it said, uh, you know, w W Raw, Netflix, Stranger Things, Uh, chapter six the Best versus the Badass and uh. And that was actually pretty cool. I like that that was that those things actually made sense, and I think in that way it enhanced it, but maybe it could have done without it. I'm just saying. Next one thing, I'm very very happy about the new Raw theme by eminem that that works so much better than Travis Scott. Thank God, thank god that Traffick Scott will not be on ww ON on w W e ra's programming. It was already his. I mean, I'm sorry for those of you who are fans of Travis Scott. Go ahead, everything, go ahead, love what you love and everything. I love hip hop myself. I love all different genres of music, just not what Travis Scott offered. And at the same time, the time that I get introduced to Travis Scott is when he's getting is when he is getting his you know, getting his debut with the Rock against Cody Rhodes at Elimination Chamber and he busts open or he busts up Cody Rhoads ear drum because he potatoed him. He hasn't been on ww programming since because he knows that cmpunk is sorry, Cody Rhodes is going to you know, it would probably potato him as a receipt and good on the rock, Cut on the rock for trying something new, got on the rock for trying to promote the guy. But rock, come on, some things should just be left in its own universe. Thank god. Though even though it's even though it's not rock, it's eminem and eminem is just as much rock as he is hip hop because it's eminem. Come on, This wasn't WWE chasing youth culture. This is ww owning its place in it. And there's a big difference between synergy and surrender. And there's a synergy that WWE does have, and you know what it is and you know what, and that may complicate things when it comes to the whole you know idea of WWE being family programming, and it still is though It's is family programming, and I think that's what and that's what we're gonna get into in the next segment of Ringside Heat. But we're gonna stick with Raw for now. The women's division Clarity returning, so we're gonna talk about the results. A strong knight for the women, Rhea Ripley and Eo Sky defeating the Kabuki Rowyers to become the women's tag team champions. Don't get me wrong, I love all four of these women, Ria Ripley and Neo Sky phenomenal wrestlers, phenomenal town, phenomenal personalities, the Kabuki Warriors phenomenal wrestlers, phenomenal heels as well, and just and you know, I'm it always makes me happy to see the Kabuki Warriors on my screen. But it makes total sense for Ria Ripley and Eo Sky to take the women's championships from the Kabooki Warriors, and on the one year anniversary of Modern Night Raw on Netflix, it makes so much sense. Lots of star power, lots of credibility, lots of good moments, and no confusion at all. And here's the thing. These skew Ria, Ripley Eosky, the Kabuki Warris and all of the women in the tag team division they are this year looks to be a very very promising year for the women's tag division and for the women's division on the whole, because look at Maxine Duprix, Maxine dupre and Becky Lynch. Maxine was able to take the championship for a couple of weeks against Becky and surprised Becky as well. That put her up and everything. She's not the greatest of the wrestlers on the women's division at the moment, but you can actually see in the same way that liv Morgan was able to improve herself and not just a character, but also in her in ring talent and her in ring work been that's the same trajectory that we're seeing when Maxine Dupre right now and Becky Lynch is probably one of the safest wrestlers to work with on the big stage. When you have some buddy who just got her green light not too recently and in the WWE system, Will has the green light to go, but not but it's still not up the snuff with some of the other wrestlers. So Becky was able to work with that and put Maxine over a couple of weeks ago. But now, because Maxine's got to go for her honeymoon, Becky taking over and she's the women's champion again, and that Becky holding a belt. In fact, Becky holding both belts has always been good. So Maxine Duprie, though, got to give her props, got to give her her due. She's improved, visible growth, and the crowd definitely wants her to succeed. But Becky Lynch taking the tunnle back was not a demotion for Maxine Duprie. It was logistics. Well, congrats, So let me take the time this right now to head into a congratulatory tone for Maxine Duprie heading into her honeymoon. Congratulations to her and her husband and w W did the responsible thing. They gave her the championship as cut I guessing. I'm guessing that this is the championship was a little bit of a wedding present and also a little bit of a reward for her improvement in the ring and the way that she's been able to grow as as a wrestler and as a personality slowly from from when we first encountered her as Maxine Dupree, the sister of Max Dupree, Yeah and the U and the leader of the stable Maximum Male Models, and eventually became part of the Alpha Academy and got into that and got the storyline with UH with with Chad Gable and UH with Otis and just did some really good work from there and behind the scenes just being able to build a wrestling skills to the point where she can actually hang with Becky Lynch on a main event on a main event on Raw, which was great, which is great, And so kudos to Maxine Dupris and congratulations on her wedding and and well wishes for her married life and also have fun of that honeymoon lady. So the bigger issue right now about this, about everything, This is where we zoom out now from the logistics and the results and stuff.
Speaker 4: Like that.
Speaker 2: Raw SmackDown NXT on Netflix. That's money, production, cross promotion, star power, you name it, worldwide audience all at the same time whenever, and and you don't have to wake up if you're in England and Raw is on in the United States on Eastern time eight o'clock Eastern time. You don't have to wake up for or I don't know, what's six o'clock in the six o'clock. You don't have to wake up in the wee hours in the morning to watch RAW live or even a pl live if you if you don't want to, you can just go on Netflix whenever the heck you want and just turn it on and it's gonna be a good show. You know you're gonna get a good show every time you turn on your WWE programming on Netflix. The challenge now for WWE, though, is when episode what's every episode feels like a season finale or a season premiere for that matter, whenevery Raw, SmackDown NXT feels like a go home show, a fallout show. How do you teach the audience to wait when everything is special, nothing is special? And that's the challenge for WWE moving forward in twenty twenty six, when we come back, we're talking about the one thing that WWE can't out rhythm its way out of access ticket prices, families, and why independent wrestling might be the sole level answer to this question. This is Ringside Heat. We'll be back after these promotional considerations.
Speaker 4: Hello everyone, this is former pro wrestling Slash Sports entertainment referee Jimmy Corderos, and you're listening to the new voice of pro wrestling slash Sports Entertainment in the GTA, Ringside Heat right here on News Talk SAGA ninety sixty Am, No Radio.
Speaker 1: No Problem. Stream is live on SAGA nine sixty am.
Speaker 2: Dot CAA Hey guys, I'm Shan Spears, and you're listening to Ringside Heat.
Speaker 5: And welcome back to Ringside Heat on new STOCKSAGA and I sixty your favorite podcastcher as well as on YouTube lex Tan at Lextan Media. Ringside Heat at Ringside Underscore Heat Episode two four entitled I've been subscribing to Netflix for a year, yep, I sure have.
Speaker 2: Yep to get my WWE fixed. I can't get it on Sportsnet anymore. I can't get it on you know, I can't. It's been years since TSN. I don't have access to USA network. I don't even subscribe to any cable. What I do have as a Netflix account and an Amazon Prime account. So if I wanted to watch an AEW pay per view, I can buy it if I wanted to watch ww programming easy. I'm paying for it already. So in the beginning of the show, we talked about truth with Gunther and the right and the fact that he got the win in the way that he did. We talked about the spectacle and how in everything is special, nothing is special. But we're gonna talk about the part of the wrestling industry that doesn't necessarily trend, but determines whether the industry actually survives as something human. We're going to talk about Access, not WWE Access, because that was a show from back of the day that's copyrighted. But first let's establish something clearly so nobody misunderstands what I'm about to say. WWE, I said this earlier in the second segment, is not in danger. They are not going to lose their spot as the top of the wrestling industry. They're not going to lose it to AW They're not going to lose it to Anthem Entertainment and TNA Wrestling. They're not going to lose it to an upstart promotion. They will sell out arenas no matter where they go, and they're selling out arenas all around the world, and they're selling out arenas in Europe with the hottest crowds that you could ever imagine. Liver remre phenomenal. We'll see how phenomenal Aj Styles is in Germany when they when he wrestles Gunther. But he is phenomenal. Let's just put that. Let's I digress, but let's just remember that Aj Styles ilereno ireremoremo phenomena. The content itself is accessible, instantly, globally distributed, endlessly rewatchable, and anyone with a phone in their hands can review it, clip it, critique it, or crown themselves an expert. Hey what do you think I'm doing here on the air? But this what we're seeing today. Love him or hate him, This was the vision that Vince McMahon had when he launched twenty four to seven, when he launched WW twenty four to seven on premium television cable, and then when they folded twenty four to seven the original WWE network was stablished, and that this is exactly what he wanted. This was the vision all along from McMahon. And again, love him or hate him, whatever his shenanigans were or may not have been, I'm sure he had his shenanigans. Oh sure. But the one thing that you can't deny is his vision for the wrestling industry. He went from the territorial industry. His dad hated the fact that he wanted that Vince wanted to take it national and fold all the independence into one federation. Look what it did for wrestling. Look what he did with WrestleMania. He was able to survive the Monday Night War, he was able to survive TNA trying to be trying to take away eyes from his product. He was able to survive a whole bunch of different challenges that the wrestling industry has. And we see the fruition of his vision back in the two thousands when the twenty four to seven pay per view pay TV channel launched into what we know today as the WW Network on Netflix, or at least WW programming on Netflix. So in that sense, the vision did work. Nowadays, since Vincickmann stepped the way because of his shenanigans and the accusations of his shenanigans. Under Triple H, WWE has drawn a clear boundary for one thing. Political content will not be part of WW programming. So you won't see you won't see Barack Obama impersonators. Gonna see Hillary Clinton impersonators. You're not gonna see Donald Trump impersonators. There's not gonna No one's gonna appear in the show like that, not thoughing Vin sick Man did it back in the day. Of course, Donald Trump wasn't put wasn't a politician when he appeared to WrestleMania and when he let vincick Man hold WrestleMania four and five in the in in in the Trump properties. So you're not gonna see him around anymore, at least not in the WWE. Because WWE has positioned itself as a shared cultural space, a place where families, generations, and backgrounds can sit in the same building and cheer for the same moments, which is the reason why even so, even though people do have complicated feelings about holding WWE shows in Saudi Arabia, at least, the fact is with the Saudi fans, they're still chanting, they're still cheering for the same things that we're cheering for, because it's just wrestling. It's wrestling. Wrestling is the way that the ww does. It transcends those boundaries, and for the most part, content is still family friendly But here's the problem. The problem isn't the product on the screen, it's the cost of being in the building. So Chico and I are going to go to the Go Home Monday Night rob before the Royal Rumble later this month. I will be on January the twenty sixth. We actually have the upper level seats, the upper bowl seats to that show. And you know it's gonna be a fun show. Don't get me wrong. It's gonna be a lot of fun to be at that show, because WWE great fun. Ww wrestling is just great fun anyway, no matter what, no matter who you're watching, no matter what, which billionaire is promoting it or billionaire company. But here's the thing. Upper bowl seats after taxes and fees, one hundred and sixty dollars in the upper bowl of the Scotia Bank Arena. Back in March last year's Elimination Chamber at Rogers Center, upper level five hundred level seats two hundred and sixty dollars. Now, compare that in March two thy and twenty three Edges twenty fifth anniversary, I bought an upper bowl ticket at Scotia Bank Arena for sixty dollars thirty days before the Endeavor merger was finalized. Now I was sitting on the floor eleven rows away from the Copeland family because I was able to get a media pass and take some pictures. Beautiful, great, but just in case, I still wanted to be there for Edges twenty fifth anniversary, and that was a sixty dollars ticket. Compare that to back in two thousand and three, the fallout of on the WWE Raw Fallout show after WWE No Way Out, where The Rock defeated Hulk Hogan out of pay per view for the second time in a row, this time in Montreal. Back in two thousand and three, the upper Bowl ticket was twenty dollars. Twenty freaking dollars. If you adjust that for inflation to twenty twenty three, that's fifty four dollars today or back in twenty twenty three. Rather when Edges twenty fifth anniversary, so fifty four dollars to sixty dollars. There were not much, not much in terms of, like you know, when you factor inflation, the buying power of the ticket was still relatively stable, relatively stable. Here's the part that doesn't show up in press releases from the WWEE. Yes, the profits are off the roof, Yes, the gate, the draws, the the amount of money they're taking in from live performances, from live shows, even without house shows anymore, they're phenomenal numbers. Okay, but the question is though, the problem the question answer, but the quest. I'm sorry, let me say that again. The problem is that most family incomes didn't triple. The cost of living exploded, not just from Canada but in the United States. Wages, however, didn't follow the explosion of the cost of living. I was talking with John Dawson the other day, miss him on the show. He's a big fan, working dad, working guy, two young sons who love wrestling, a wife who grew into a love for wrestling. And the reason why he can't take his family the live shows anymore isn't lack of interest. It's cost and that's also costing him his wrestling fandom. Sentiment of that is spreading out throughout North America, even in household where both parents are working. WWE has always branded itself as a family show that identity matters and will always matter, because when families are priced out of the building in the under three years, something and I mean something I can't tell you what it is right now is out of alignment. I wish I could tell you what's out of alignment, but I can't. But here is where I just don't critique what's happening, offer hope, a hope that creates opportunity, not for resentment but for independent wrestling. And yes, I've been away from independent wrestling for a while. Last show I was at before this one before December to twenty eighth, at Great Canadian Wrestlings Seasons Beatings, I was there. The last show I went to with Great Canadian Wrestling was January fourth last year, as well as I did an independent show with Oshawa Wrestling in June and ran sound for that. So unfortunately I haven't been to a lot lately. However, gonna get back into it because on December to twenty eighth, going to Season's Beatings with GCW, nice venue, good seats, clear sight lines, real interaction between the fans and the wrestlers, not just when they were in the ring, but when they're at the merch tables selling their own merch. You get to meet the wrestlers, shake their hands, You can cut promos against them and they'll play along. You got little ten year old kids going up to these wrestlers who are twice their size and twice their age, three times their age sometimes and they're just ragging on them. So much fun. It's so much for the kids to have that outlet there, and it's fun to see all that happening. It's not just the kids, but their families, their parents, their grandparents, all them together. The wrestling itself in the ring, top notch, Daniel Dirt, Frankie Falbo, to my good friends in the industry. They had a two camera production going live to tape TV quality. I was even able to do some videos switching to help out, to help out with the show, and I'm realizing something that night. Personally, for myself, my home just isn't in the crowd anymore. It's calling the matches, producing the shows, helping tell the stories, and that is okay. I don't know if I'll be able to get to WWE. I would that's the dream come true, to take Michael cole'spot, But you know, maybe independent wrestling is worred. It is for me personally in terms of in terms of working in the industry. But you get everybody together, your family's can afford a good night of wrestling for I would and food. Wrestling and food and you know drinks if you want to all for under a family four, A family four can do that for less than one hundred and fifty dollars. You want to spend a little bit morn Yeah, less than two hundred. It's a two hundred. You're spending just two hundred dollars for a family outing and for a family of four, like John's loves wrestling. Great way to keep the wrestling fandom going. And that's where it is for independent wrestling. That's where that's where you have hope in the industry because WWE will always be spectacle, the Globe brand, the Mountain Top. Independent wrestling, though, is the heartbeat. If the heartbeat stops, the body will not survive. So what am I saying through all this? Support independent wrestling, Support your local promotions, support the people building something real at a price that families can afford. That's it for this week on Ringside Heat. If you want to follow me, you can follow me at lex Tan Media. You can follow the show at Ringside Heat. We're on YouTube, We're on Instagram, x Facebook, TikTok, Patreon and Threads. We're on Saga I sixty Am Wednesday's twelve noon, five pm nine pm Eastern all nude times for us on the radio on AM Radio, so tune in anytime you want as well. We'll be on Spotify sometime soon. This has been ringside heat, where the lights are brightest. Remember that the roots go deepest, and we do remember things that you probably forgot. Take care top to you next week