Speaker 1: This is Tommy Armor for the people, talking about the people, and we're trying to be the people, and we can't let that happen.
Speaker 2: We just can't let that happen on this podcast because.
Speaker 1: We are for the people.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day. The guy's a hell of a player beyond nails.
Speaker 4: That is the hardest part three of the PJ Tour.
Speaker 2: It's a hybrid three iired or four iron.
Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 3: It's for the people.
Speaker 4: You're the last group off off a split tea horseshoe on number ten and you do a happy Gillmore.
Speaker 3: What the hell's wrong with that?
Speaker 5: Well, it's a coffee episode before the people. This is a six thirty episode in the morning for the people. This is the earliest we've ever recorded one of these things, but it's even earlier for our guy, Tommy Armor.
Speaker 2: The third is in Vegas.
Speaker 5: Was at a hockey game all night last night and woke up at six o'clock to do for the people. So TA three joins FTP in his debut Welcome to the show, Ta three.
Speaker 1: It's nice to be here this morning, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're at a you're at a sire at a hockey game last night and then know, look, you sent us a picture that looked like you were pretty much sitting on the ice like you might have even been playing.
Speaker 3: That was at the front row. That had to be pretty close.
Speaker 1: No it's third row, oh okay, but pretty.
Speaker 4: Close enough to get enough to enough to get someone checked into the glass and fly over the edge, I guess.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's pretty good seed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a A friend of mine got them for me, and uh, you know we're close k that we didn't get any ice shavings on us from skates, but you know, you can definitely some guys faces pressed against the boards.
Speaker 5: You know, there's a combined forty four years of PGA tour experience between the three of us.
Speaker 2: I think that's pretty exceptional.
Speaker 5: There's in your in your forty years of playing competitive golf, like what what was your favorite week? I mean, we we've all heard about the the the longhorn that you tied to the tree in the front of the in the front of the house in Irving.
Speaker 2: That that's a legendary story in its own It.
Speaker 1: Wasn't a long it was a Kobe. It was a Kobe bull.
Speaker 5: Okay, can we can we hear about that? I mean, that's got to be an awesome story.
Speaker 1: Well, my friend that that catered the parties every year, Taichi Sakarai, who owns one of the great Japanese restaurants in the world called Teon He uh. He said he's going to bring bubba this year and that all that year. And I go Buba and he goes, yeah, it's a it's an unusually big Kobe bulb because they don't they don't usually get that big. But it was big. And we put it in the driveway and put a little car around it. And so when people came up and said, well, this is the type of meat you'll be eating back on the grid, and I thought it was going to be like oh, but people loved it. I mean, we we're talking about it now.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, they love it.
Speaker 4: Especially I hear they love it because there was like naked chicks with sushi on them when they got inside.
Speaker 3: Is there is there any there any truth to that? Also?
Speaker 1: Well it was. It was called nake naked sushi. We did that two times. We did that the third year of the party, and we did it the last year of the party. The one year we had Miss Hawaiian, the current Miss Hawaiian Tropic and the Miss Maximware and we had them. Everybody's eating sushi off them.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a hell of a deal. I mean what I mean, what do you have to pay?
Speaker 5: What do you have to pay a Miss Hawaiian trip pick to just lay there for four hours and have like some raw tuna eating off of her?
Speaker 1: Not that much. It was four hundred dollars eat.
Speaker 5: Well, wow, that should be at everyday occur it's for you then, yeah, well not quite.
Speaker 4: I would have done it for three hundreds myself. I would have laid there for three hundred bucks. You think anybody would eat sushi off me for three hundred bucks?
Speaker 1: A lot of guys ate sushi that night.
Speaker 2: I don't really like sushi, but tonight I'm making you reception.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, all right, honey.
Speaker 4: I tried something new tonight. I've never had, never even had sushi before. Oh you're so brave. Yeah boom eating off Miss Hawaiian Tropics nipple there that would make you try.
Speaker 5: It wasn't your house there because when I played the Nelson and when Colleen played the Nelson, it was still at TPC lost Kalinas there.
Speaker 2: What's your house right by?
Speaker 5: The Range in like a cul de sac, because every time we went to the Range, I heard that story every year, but the same story about you, and I want to confront.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad that you're here to confirm.
Speaker 1: It for us. If you were hitting balls and you turned around, you know, you hit balls away from like the Fourth Seasons hotel, and if you turned around that first house right there on the corner, that was mine.
Speaker 2: I was there for twenty years. What a party house that was? Sheesh? Who stayed with you? Who would stay with you that week?
Speaker 1: Pap Perez usually was the only pro that Revers stayed with me.
Speaker 5: Peepee, he's been on the show. We love him is He's about the definition of the show.
Speaker 1: That guy.
Speaker 5: We need to have him back on. Actually, you two together would be quite something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pee Pee, he's one of a gang.
Speaker 3: Yeah to say the least.
Speaker 4: To say the least he is, but he yeah, he's He walked us through kind of his house. He's got you know, I know you're you're a fashion guy. You've got some nice style. He walked us through the house he was building. It was almost done with his Jordan collection. My god, I don't know if he had like a forty five hundred square foot closet just full of Jordan's or something like that.
Speaker 1: He's proud of his Jordan's.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Well you've got some great fashion too. I mean I was just going through the interwebs here, and I mean there's some there's some stuff that Pete and I probably couldn't pull off. But what does your wardrobe collection look like? I mean, are you a guy that wears something once or twice and it's done or are you just are you just you know, getting stuff left and right from from people.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know, golf clothes actually will be coming out sub seventy with a golf line there pretty Stone, and about I think about two months we're launching a golf line with sub seventy. And but my fact, I mean, I'm kind of a black guy, wear a lot of black and uh you know I kind of I like, I don't buy one particular design or anything. I just kind of pieces of everything and piece it all together and there you go.
Speaker 4: You've got the great hair too, for the like, my hair is my I mean, my mind's disappearing. Pedia's great visor hair. But if you got hair like that, I guess you don't have any choice but to wear the old school visor. You know.
Speaker 1: I I quit wearing it, but yeah, I loved advisor. And because a doctor said your scalp was just getting cooked with the visor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard that.
Speaker 1: It's My hair is not the thinning out, but it is thinning out compared to what it used to be just a little bit. So So actually I'm going to a dermatologist's appointment later today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the doctors, they put such a damper on the fashion situation. I used to rock advise her every day, like that's what I would wear, and then eventually the same thing. I went to the dermatologist and she looked at the middle of my head like up here and spread my hair aparts. It was like, oh, look at that. You've got pre cancer stuff up there. You got to start putting sunscreen in your hair. Like I'm not putting sunscreen in my hair.
Speaker 2: So then that was it. Now I just wear a hat.
Speaker 1: I put sunscreen like in my sight burns and stuff when I put it on. Sheesh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's worth it to look.
Speaker 1: Awesome, right, I mean, you know, you got to work at it. I go.
Speaker 4: So you were talking about and you know, the one of the most nostalgic irons in my lifetime. And you were talking about sub seventy there, because I know you have some club stuff going on with him, But the original Tommy Armor eight forty five so good, was like, oh God, Like, when I was a kid, I think Fred. I mean, obviously a lot of people use them, but when I was a kid, I think Fred maybe Boom Boom was using him, and he was maybe number one at the time. But like, have you always been interested in Obviously it's kind of a nostalgic family deal for you, but have you always been interested in the club business and what kind of stuff you got going on with that?
Speaker 1: Right now? I've always kind of been interested in golf club equipment and stuff, and so even when I was a kid, I mean we had growing up, we had a little garage at the house, and I had advice in there and would mess with clubs, regrip them and so on and so forth. Not even whip old woods. You know, I know how to do the whipping on them. So I've always had an interesting club. You know. I didn't really have much to do with the eight forty five design of it, but I was with Tommy amer Golf during that time, and it was definitely one of those clubs that sold a lot of sets and everybody loved eight forty fives and a lot of people used them, and you know, people still say, you know to this day, my first set of clubs were eight forty fives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they stood the test of time.
Speaker 5: Like there's a lot of iron from other manufacturers that have copied.
Speaker 2: Does you know all of.
Speaker 5: The cbs, all of the major company cbs kind of looked like the original eight forty Five's right, the title is CB, the Taylor MacB they all have a little bit of the eight forty five in them. It was kind of the standard bearer for the for the mid cavity, you know, from the muscle back.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. I mean it still looks good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it looks awesome.
Speaker 4: I remember they'd have the degrees on the clubs also, like you know, whatever whatever the degree was, you could see it. And I mean obviously everything is stronger lofted, and I saw I saw this stuff with sub seventy that you were doing more. It's kind of like a muscle back. I guess, you know, that's the style that you like or whatever. But tell tell us about the clubs that you got you got coming out.
Speaker 1: Well, uh, you know, we've we've got a set of irons out and it's basically it's a forged blade and we use et for carbon steel, which is the softest carbon you can use in making of irons, because if it's any software, it'll be too easy. And uh and Jason and I kind of during right in the covid era we design those and built them. And uh, I'll tell you what it's. It's a damn good iron. And it looks good, it feels good, and it plays good.
Speaker 3: No, it looks it looks sweet. It looks sweet, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the feel is unbelievable in them. And we've got some tonguestending the longer irons to help you put a little down the bottom, get it up a little bit. It's you know, I mean they're and they're sexy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's important. That's important. I mean you want to play that. I think like all the better players. The sub seventy irons for y'all that haven't heard of sub seventy's what is a subsect.
Speaker 2: It's probably five or six years old. Sub seventy six years. Yeah, six years old, kind of blasted onto the scene.
Speaker 5: They've they've got a set of irons that was on the Golf Died Just hot list last year. The irons are kind of what they're known for, but they've they've branched into woods though, correct in the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: You know, Golf Buy loves our fairway wood and our eyebred and they're getting ready to love our driver here coming pretty soon. And the and the and my wedges are great and the other wedges that we have. It's a really good line of clubs that I'm starting to get it out there in the world of good players and stuff. And all my friends are when I first started doing they're like yeah, yeah, but the more and more, like like they played with me and hit them. They're really good golf clubs in there. And you know, they don't beat your pocketbook up either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome. Pricing is great and they look great.
Speaker 4: Tell us tell us this, like you said, I mean, obviously you were playing for forty years and this year is the first year you're not playing you know, every single week full time.
Speaker 1: Last year, last year, last.
Speaker 3: Okay, last year last year.
Speaker 4: So as far as golf wise and working on your game practice whatever, what are what are you up to these days? Like like what's what's your what's your daily routine? Now you're trying to just get into some events. You just kind of laying low and enjoining playing forever.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not, I'm not really. I mean I might play one or two. I think I'm going to play the Senior French Open in Paris this year. I might am I playing Houston here in a few weeks, maybe this Senior US Open, But not really, I'm not. I'm not looking to play in any turn. I play in the Discovery Land Company, who I've been a part of for twenty going on twenty three years. I played their member guests. Last week, I played in the Madison Club member guests. Those those are fun events for me. Yeah, that's better than the Maker. And I've got the Pins and Fins coming up here in a couple of weeks in Cabo and i play a lot of them with Will Melman, Mike Melman's son who runs Discovery Land Company.
Speaker 5: Well that's a hell of a schedule right there. I mean, that sounds better than a PGA tour schedule to me.
Speaker 1: Well, it's I don't know about better, but it's certainly different, a.
Speaker 4: Little more stress free, a little more stress free, I would say for the people listening. Yeah, Discovery Land Company, they have the like service and amenities like it's a joke, like what is Madison Madison Club? I mean they've there's margarita machines all over the place, right you can you can eat about twenty thousand calories and drink forty margaritas before he rounds.
Speaker 5: Over Taplas Sushi. That's just part of the part of the deal with the Discovery Club.
Speaker 1: Oh, I call it the five pound round.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good. So you're you're really involved at Discovery Properties. There's a rumor I live at Fortward, Texas here, and there is a rumor. Rumors correct the rumor's true. Okay, all right, See, I knew I could ask you that because you would know. Do you know much about it?
Speaker 1: I don't know a lot about it, but I know that it's kind of southwest of Fort Worth. We acquired a bunch of property there and that's about all that's available at the moment, but there is, but we are doing a property there. I heard it's a Fazzio course that I can't confirm, but I understand it might be.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what's the rumor?
Speaker 3: What's the rumor? Pete A Discovery headed to for Worth Discovery property.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, there's a there's a apparently apparently allegedly they have acquired about one thousand acres is what I heard, southwest of town here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just north of aven Zada where JJ Henry's uh golf course community is being built right now. So that's we're going to have two exclusive kind of Henry's is more like a Vaccaro feel, boot ranch feel, and then just north of it, we.
Speaker 1: Did Vacaro as well, Discovery Land Company to Vicarol.
Speaker 5: So they're going to be very similar. These are these two properties are gonna be very similar, right next to each other, and it'll be interesting to kind of see how they compete with each other because Henry's will be done in two years and the Discover everyone, what's the timeline on that one?
Speaker 1: T A three? It won't be done in two years.
Speaker 5: Right, So, but there's rumen Fort Worth, Texas for two more clubs.
Speaker 1: I mean, we are starving for them down here. You know, two good golf courses will be great. I mean, you know, like I've said about Texas, there's a lot of good golf, there's not a lot of great golf.
Speaker 2: That's well put, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I mean I lived in Texas for thirty years, so I can say that with knowledge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was your favorite track in Texas?
Speaker 1: H my favorite course in Texas? This is. I think Waterwood Nationals are pretty demanding golf course. I mean, I I you know, I like some other class I like Colonial a lot. I like I haven't played Maridough. I guess they say that's really a tough golf course. That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty tough. TA three.
Speaker 4: Where's the Where's water Wood Nash or whatever? What's Where's where's the first course that you mentioned? Is that in Houston or somewhere.
Speaker 1: I made the tourist school there the first time I went in nineteen eighty one. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never played there.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 1: I think it's a good, tough golf course.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm I'm excited you confirmed that Discovery property deal because that's that's kind of been the talk around Fort Worth as no one really knows if it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Or not.
Speaker 2: So it is going to happen, and it's going to be right next ton Zada.
Speaker 5: So all of our clubs in town, there's only like, what is it, five country clubs in Fort Worth for the thirteenth biggest city in the country, and we'll got five country clubs and they're all full. They all have like at least two year waiting lists, so there's easily room for at least one, possibly two more two more of these.
Speaker 1: What's the best club in Fort Worth?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's up for debate, the best club all around. I belong to Shady Oaks and I love Shady Oaks. I would I would say membership, golf course, food, amenities, family orientation, that Shady's the best.
Speaker 2: But you know, golf, golf course, golf course. I think Colonial probably has the best golf course, you know.
Speaker 3: I would They're blowing it up.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't join there because I don't think the membership is particularly awesome, but the golf course is great, you know.
Speaker 2: And then like Mira Vista had the great membership.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Colonial's doing a massive, massive redo like the day after the tournament ends this year, and then and then they're going to do it in twelve months and have it open for the tournament next year. They're spending thirty something million redoing, redoing, colonial gilt. I think Gil Gil Hans, how do you say it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I think he's his group's doing it.
Speaker 1: Then it should could be done pretty well because Gil knows what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: They just assessed members twenty four thousand dollars each over there, so a lot of them are leaving. But yeah, they're going through some changes that it's probably going to be good. I mean they're doing a gigantic redo of the facilities as well. I think it's close to one hundred million dollars the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Oh they're doing the clubhouse too, that's right. I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's a complete it's a complete overall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but one hundred million dollars, I mean, good lord, like cow, why do you need that much money?
Speaker 2: I don't understand that, But I'm alster, that's not my world.
Speaker 4: Well, well, dude, our course we're building. Well you guys redid that the one we're building here? Dude, stuff's gotten expensive to build. Man, we'll be done. We're in. I'm in Lubick. I'm in Luveick. We'll be done and we'll be done in two months. We're building Red Feather Golf Club right now. That's King Collins first private course. Huh, but it's what we'll be open July first. But dude, stuff is just expensive to build.
Speaker 3: Man. Sometimes redoing a course is more expensive if.
Speaker 4: You've got to redo irrigation and rip that up like colonial and they're under a twelve month timeframe, which is like they're probably working through the night a lot too to get it done in twelve months.
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, it's expensive.
Speaker 1: It's very expensive.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 4: Jason, Jason from seventies podcast, Brad Ralson just did his episode. Brad's the kind of CEO owner of the whole of the whole project here, so he just did Jason's check it out there. But dude, that's exciting man. That that's the best terrain in North Texas is southwest Fort Worth. That's bad Aster's two courses there. I mean, Mira Vista has good terrainley is it moving.
Speaker 2: It's more pasture land.
Speaker 5: The higher the higher portions are almost like prairie land where there's not many trees. But it's it's real wide open. You can see downtown Fort Worth from the high points. And then in the in the bottom areas, there's two hundred feet of elevation change over there, so there's there's a lot. And in the bottom of Bear Creek there's a there's a rolling creek that's it has like a fifty foot elevation change and it's it's always running, and it's it's covered up in hardwoods. So they're going to have a good mixture of hardwood holes and then open holes with both properties.
Speaker 4: So not to not to talk too much about the partying, but everybody likes to party a little. But you said during tournament weeks you were like all business, but when you went out like you went out with a purpose, like you know, you're whatever you were doing, you were driven to succeed at the highest level of.
Speaker 3: Whatever it was.
Speaker 4: But when you were when you were traveling all around playing full time, like who's who is your crew?
Speaker 3: On tour?
Speaker 4: You you mentioned Pat, you know, I know Pat's Pat's a little bit younger, But did you have a crew where you guys went out to dinner every night or hung out at home or whatever. Were you kind of just flying solo and just see what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on a tour, you know, you don't. I mean you see the guys every day, you know, so you don't really hang out with them every night. So but I mean Cookie and I I mean we've been friends since I was about eight years old. I spent a lot of time with him. I spent a lot of time with Andrew McGee. I spent a lot of time with Buddy Gardner over the years. And you know, my brother Caddy for me for a long for about twenty years altogether. So I mean it was a lot of time spent with them. But you know, I mean they're in turn. I mean you just I mean it's like dinner and bed and I mean you're up early. You know. I hardly even drink anymore, want in on blue moon, a blast of champagne or something. But part of drinking, don't really do it.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: I mean no, obviously obviously not not very healthy to drinking the drinking for you. But my favorite part is like you made up when you hosted your event, like when you hosted your party, you know in Dallas, like that, I mean, what did that costs? And I don't know when the last year is that you had it, But like you're hosting a tour party. Like there's plenty of guys that have events in their hometown and they'll have buddies over, maybe cater maybe have a barbecue. Obviously there isn't wag you beef tied up to the front to the front tree or naked sushi chicks. But what was your budget, like when you have a party like where you're like, should I better finish tied for third to pay for this party I'm having?
Speaker 3: What would you spend on those yearly parties?
Speaker 1: All the food was free.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: My friend he donated it all every year. I mean because they loved and Eddie is a golf junkie and we just and I still see him to this day a lot. When I go to Dallas, I go eatd his restaurant, so he did. All the food was great. I usually my biggest spend was all the lighting and all those special effects I did for the party. One year, I had the house like it looked like it was on the led lights, looked like the house was on fire, and we had smokers pokers coming all in the bushes around the house that looked like the house was on fire. And then there was we had go go dancers one year and we had lasers, you know, coming down the hole. I mean they shot about twenty feet off the street and it's pretty much.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a hell of a party situation there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the most amazing part of that entire deal was, can you imagine, like the guy that finishes late on Friday or the guy that finishes late on Tuesday and he wants to go get a few extra reps on the drying range afterwards, and there's Ta Three's house right there. He's got laser beams and fire coming out the ceiling of his house, like, and you're trying to hit seven irons grinding, and you just wish you were invited to his party, but you're not.
Speaker 4: Or like you or like you're some rookie and you're paired with him Thursday and Friday or something because you're in the same category. But just to be nice to you three, he's like, yeah, man, come over to I having a little party and right on the range, you.
Speaker 3: Know, grab some dinner and you show up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's naked chicks with sushi and fire, fake fire and smoke.
Speaker 3: Come out of the house a little, a little get together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ok, well, well I wasn't really expecting to eat sushi off on nipple today, but here, here we are.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm twenty three years old. It's my third tour event.
Speaker 1: You went to the naked Sushi one?
Speaker 4: No, I wish I would have. I wasn't in. I think I was in. Pete went to the naked Yeah we didn't. I don't think we went. Man, we would have.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, that was only one. I mean that was only two years. I think we did the party for eleven years. So it wasn't naked sushi every year, but it certainly is. It's that stories stood the test of time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've we were just talking. I think you cut out for a second. But like, how funny would it it? Would it have been? And this probably happened multiple times, like a rookie on tour, you know, someone that didn't really know many players yet. You know, in two thousand and four, whenever this was happening, finishing up on a Tuesday and wanting to go grind on the range, you know, the last hours of daylight, and you're over there throwing fire and laser beams out of your house all over the range.
Speaker 1: It's it's it was always it was always Monday night. It was always Monday night at the party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like you know, you finished the Monday pro am and this rookie is just trying to grind and there's like.
Speaker 2: There's a volcano happening on the left side of the range. I just love it. I just I love the mental image.
Speaker 1: I mean there was a lot of Monday there was a lot of commotion that house. Every year. Yeah, I mean one year we had a big band orchestra set up and did a big band and uh, it's uh, you know, we've had We've had some night some pretty good parties.
Speaker 4: It's at your house on Christmas. PD TA three p D's house on Christmas. Like he's the neighbor that's got the coordinated music, you know where it's just all the kids are dancing in the street.
Speaker 3: Right, that's like that's PDS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's it. Man.
Speaker 4: I just throw a couple of lights. I live in Lubbock, and everything just blows down the street. So I end up just throwing a couple of lights in the front yard to see what see what happens.
Speaker 3: Man, what's up for the people, fam.
Speaker 4: We're super excited to have Gooder Sunglasses as a sponsor for the entire year. Gooder Sunglasses every pair of twenty five to thirty five bucks, one UV protective, one hundred percent polarized, and they make great golf specific lenses. They make brighter lenses. They make a dark lens called back nine Blackout. That's my favorite for multiple reasons. So go ahead and head to www dot g oo d R dot com insert code FTP fifteen. That'll get you a nice little discount. Also, free returns within thirty days, one year warranty, free shipping over fifty bucks. So go ahead, get yourself a couple pair.
Speaker 3: Of goods and have a day.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, we all know golf is hard, but looking good on the course definitely doesn't have to be. Our guys that Live Forever Golf promote a comfortable lifestyle on and off the golf course. They've got Polos golf shorts, five pocket performance pants, out of wear, activewear, bunch of cool T shirts, a bunch of cool hats.
Speaker 3: You can go to Live Forever golf dot.
Speaker 4: Com and remember remember it's for the player, not the game, so use code Nails twenty to get yourself twenty percent off live forever golf dot com their nails. Check them out, all right, Not to get too serious golf talk, but TA three. You know what's like the tour forget the live stuff or whatever. We talked about that enough fun here we can talk about if you want, But like, what do you think about them? Like harnessing the ball back? I get that there's pros and cons, but like, what do you what do you feel about them? Maybe dialing back to the golf ball.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the pros are for it, but you know, I guess there might be a pro for pro. I know what the cons are. It's like, why create a problem that doesn't exist?
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're a team con. I was just trying to be nice in case you were a team pro for it. So I was just throwing a little bit of a safety thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think golf's as good as it's ever been right now, man, And then playing different equipment's a little weird.
Speaker 1: It's going to make the short hitters shorter.
Speaker 2: Right for sure.
Speaker 4: Well, and you're in the golf course, you know, obviously you guys have projects going on so you know quite a bit about golf and golf design as well. And I think a lot of people are thinking, you know, that they're going to go back and have a US Open at Myopa Hunt Club or something like that, you know, because they can't do it now because of the golf ball. Well, it's like the USJ doesn't give a shit they want they want two hundred thousand people on site. They only have about a handful in their arsenal any way. And I think the reason they're going to lac CC is LACC finally said all right, you guys can come here. I don't think they were like begging to have it I think La Country Club they would have had it there for years and years.
Speaker 3: That place is. That place is badass.
Speaker 1: They voted it down four to three for years. There you go, man, I don't know what I mean. Basically dialing the ball back effects about one hundred players on the planet exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you're going to spend fifty million dollars in R and D to make a new golf ball for one hundred people.
Speaker 1: Come on, max, one hundred people, I mean, because there's only there's only one hundred people that would swing the club over. Let's say one twenty five. You know, we can pick whatever number they're they're shooting for. But I don't I don't know. I don't know why they're doing it. What's the best reason you've heard why they're doing it.
Speaker 4: Well, the reason that we've heard is they want to they want to bring a little bit of skill back with mishits and make it shorter again. I'm I'm way team anti against against this. I think it's stupid. I like it that that amateurs and pros can play the same the same stuff. But they think mis hits will go more sideways. And then they think, you know, the harder you swing, the more it might potentially spin. But like anything, guys figure it out. Maybe they draw it instead of cut everything now because everything's cut biased. But it's not going to affect the leaderboard, it won't affect anything.
Speaker 1: You've watched this golf on TV. It's not like these guys on tour. It's great.
Speaker 4: No, No, I mean it's it's I don't know, it's stupid. I think I think it's super fun to watch. Now, you know, lives trying to change change it up. Your buddy PP obviously went there and they have kind of a different format. The PGA Tour has four three or four guys that could all be number one in the world on different weeks, which is pretty pretty different. Like the Masters. This year is going to be exciting the shit because really, if someone said, hey, I'll give you a million freed doll free role and you've got to pick the winner, like Rory never won, so extra pressure. I got Scheffler, you got Raw, you know morek plays. Well there, you got all these people. I don't even know who I would pick. You'd think Rory, but then you're like, shit, Rom's an ass kicking machine. Scheffler won their last year and he's pretty unflappable. Like I think it's I think it's fun of shit to watch right now. Why change anything?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think when you go back to talking about the golf ball roll back, you know that the only real great player that's been for the entire thing has been Rory and we're not even sure if that's actually what he thinks. I feel as at this point he's on puppet strings by Jay Monahan and whatever Jay wants Rory.
Speaker 2: To say, that's what he says.
Speaker 5: And then right after he comes out and says that he hits the drive of the century. The next day and hits this like four hundred yard drive to three feet. Guess what won't happen if this gets past that that drive, that drive never happens. You know, this just doesn't make any sense to me, Like you want to you want to muffle Rory McLeroy, the best driver of the golf ball in the world, and he's somehow for it, Like nothing makes sense.
Speaker 4: Well, people are like, well, they'll just move the tea up and he can do that again. I'm like, well, that's the dumbest shit I ever heard. Why would you want the ball to go shorter but also move the te up so the holes play shorter.
Speaker 3: It's like, figure it out, figure it, figure that shit out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why create a problem that I like it?
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: T A three is on our side and he's he's the he's the for sure the smartest guy we've ever had on this pod before, because uh, I mean, you know we've had pp and stuff like that, you're the smartest.
Speaker 1: Did just see them last week at the match play? They posted the pass champions on the screen. Did you say that? Oh?
Speaker 4: And they left to live guys out right, that one right pathetic. Yeah, that's pretty petty, honestly. Well, Cam Smith won. I guess like at the players, if you win, you donate a piece of equipment, you have your pictures defending champion, all this, and I guess all of his ship was like ripped off every wall in the entire in the entire place.
Speaker 1: I mean, it sounds like the Democrats and the Republican.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 5: Pick us like anything else in America these days, you have to pick a site.
Speaker 2: It's just chicken shit, you.
Speaker 1: Know, if you say, you know, it's kind of it's it's you know, PJ Tour all of a sudden came up with a bunch of money and small fields and you know, here we go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where was that money over the last thirty years, you know, just hiding under their Jay Monahan's couch and you know, who knows who knows where it was. I mean, they just pulled it out of a cloud like they acted like they didn't have any and all of a sudden, here's two hundred million dollars where we can increase the purses in one year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said it was in the pipeline the whole time. I was like, oh, okay, right, they could have all worked together and been kind of, you know, walk down the street hand in hand.
Speaker 5: I bet the guys on the Champions Tour were kind of pissed about that we had. We had David Toms on about three months ago, and DT's just.
Speaker 2: Just so great of a human being.
Speaker 5: But you could kind of tell in its voice when we started talking about to live and how all this buddy appeared on the PGA Tour, all of a sudden for these guys that DT was a little bit like something happened with the Champions Tour in their retirement where he wasn't He wasn't thrilled about it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what he was talking about. Maybe you do.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's talking about. Actually I had dinner with Data the other night and Palm Springs at the Masson Club. Actually he came over for dinner and he won the tournament that week.
Speaker 3: David Toms was awesome on here.
Speaker 4: Obviously a lot of insight been on all the tour packs whatever, but just an a plus guys, he's a go tiger like p D so TA three. You have a ton of like famous friends like outside the Golf Circle, and it seems to me it's just because you're super chill, Like they just like to hang out with the chill guy. But is there any chance we can pull some strings and rent the Playboy Mansion for the US Open, which is on the fourth fourteenth t I think there are sixteenth at LCC. Just think of the parties we can have all week with the Playboy MANI right on the tea box there, like that's you.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can obviously get the food donated for free.
Speaker 4: I don't think there will be any lack of naked chicks with sushi potentially that we could we could find that week. But I mean, what do you think is that a good idea or what?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, I mean that's a good idea in theory, But I don't really think the Playboy Mansion is kind of what it used to be, because I think all Playboys kind of have done. But we used to go back and feed the monkeys on that hall on the thirteenth tee. You could walk back about forty thirty yards and we I'd take food from the snack stam at the turn and then take them peanuts and feed them. Feed the monkeys peanuts. That all I've actually got. I've actually got videos of me feeding. There's just a slew of in this big cage of monkeys. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: So for those of you unfamiliar, the Playboy Mansion is on I guessed the thirteenth Tea at Ellen North where the US Open is. And apparently you can just feed monkeys right behind the tee and Pee.
Speaker 3: Can do the gros if you're on someone's shoulders.
Speaker 4: So how about that for a potential house rental of all the player current players on the PGA tour. If if the Playboy Mansion was open for a VRBO the Groad or the whole deal, and the Playboy Mansion was the Playboy Mansion of olds, who do you think would be renting the house from current tour players?
Speaker 3: Is there anybody that can party hard enough to rent that house?
Speaker 2: You think?
Speaker 1: You know? I mean, I I don't really you know, I've been I'm kind of removed from the tour. You know, I'm twelve thirty, I'm fourteen years kind of removed from the tourists. I don't really know a lot of these young guys, but I mean guys that look like they party. I mean that Higgs or what's his name.
Speaker 4: Harry Higgs. Yeah, he's been on here. Yeah, he might, he would rent it, for sure.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's a guy that has a beer after he's dying. Doesn't look like he goes to the gym. But he might go to him. I mean, he possibly could, but he you know, but you know, but he looks like he would, you know, go in there and kagger at it and stuff, and you know, yeah, Harry Harry.
Speaker 5: Would be a good a good candidate for the Playboy mansion, but he'd have to have like three or four other guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't that thing fifteen thousand square feet or something like? It's just ginormous.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of square footage in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you ever been in there? Like, have you ever been to one of you half Theirs parties.
Speaker 1: A long time ago? One time? Wow? How was that? I mean, you know, it's it's it was a lot of playmates running around. I mean.
Speaker 4: I'd probably I'd probably rent it and I'd be like, yeah, I'd be like, this is going to be an epic party, and I'd rent it out and then it'd be like me and six dudes in the grotto, I'd be like, shit, now what now, now, what do we do?
Speaker 3: I have to know that no connections to that, no connections to part here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Well then there's like the isn't the Spelling mansion or something on the same hole or close by?
Speaker 3: It takes up like half it's like a long part five.
Speaker 1: Well, five houses down. It's yeah, a Spelling house, which is I mean, it takes up about three three lots. It's it's it's huge. HiT's humbling. I think it's what one hundred thousand square feet or something. That's crazy. Oh what is the Spelling House? It's Aaron Spelling used to be his house and it's a couple of houses down from the Playboy mansion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's famous, like famous movie producer.
Speaker 4: You know, Tory Spelling is his I don't know daughter, granddaughter or whatever, but like, yeah, one of the most famous like producers ever and he has this thing called the Spelling Mansion. And this poor five is six hundred yards or however long, and his house is half of the hole. I mean, it's like with the Playboy mansion on the T box or something like that.
Speaker 2: What a hole?
Speaker 1: What a hole?
Speaker 2: Lucky number thirteen.
Speaker 1: It starts at about your second shot into the par five and goes pretty much all just about to the green on the right.
Speaker 5: Wow, man, are you going to go to the US Open this year? Are you going to be there now? I'll be in Portugal.
Speaker 1: Last summer I spent in Portugal, and this summer I'll be in Portugal for our new Discovery property there ta three.
Speaker 4: If you ever need some guys to potentially play with members and a member guest Discovery Property in Portugal, Cabo, I'm willing to leave.
Speaker 3: The country hundred percent.
Speaker 4: If you ever need a couple of guys that like to delete beer and margaritas and hang out, you just don't. Don't look farther than this pot. We're on your list. We're ready. So we'll take one for the team. We'll take one for the team.
Speaker 1: Your bags are packed?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't play. I just I'll bring one golf shirt. The golf is the least of my concerns when we go. When we go to the Discovery Property program, pro.
Speaker 1: You just need a suitcase and don't of them need to bring golf balls? Bring bring you know a body a body of I have.
Speaker 4: That I mean contrary to popular belief, I have a body. It's not the way that I'd like it to look, but I do have one that I can bring along.
Speaker 5: What's next for you at TA three, I mean you're you're uh, obviously the Discovery property mascot.
Speaker 2: You got kind of widening down the tour schedule.
Speaker 1: I'm going to La Friday and then Monday I'm find at Dubai. We have a new property in Dubai. We're going there. I'm going there for envisioning. We call them envisioning where we kind of, you know, invite a bunch of people to a party and kind of show them the vision we have for this and uh. And I'll be there till Friday, and then I come back and then I'm here until I go to the member guests in Cabo.
Speaker 3: So tell me about the Discovery. Are they all?
Speaker 4: Because I mean the project here we're doing Albick, you know, privately financed a lot of other that Avenzada.
Speaker 3: The Discovery is Discovery.
Speaker 4: Are y'all own all the properties or do you guys just manage Do you guys just manage the properties?
Speaker 3: In real estate?
Speaker 1: Well, it's a little both. Most of the places we have partners that you know, like they'll they'll own the land. Like like here in Vegas we have the uh you know, someone incorporates and they they own the land that the property that we did called the Summit and and then we uh you know, we sell the landform and create you know, a lifestyle and golf course and amenities. And like our clubhouse is opening May twenty seventh here and and it's it'll be a pretty badass. It's about one hundred and sixty thousand square feet under roof. Uh yeah, it'll be it'll be epic clubhouse. And uh you know, but that's you know that down in the desert, We've got the Hideaway Chelino Bay, Hawaii, we have mckinna. We used to have Kakio and we got South Shore Preserve, and like Idaho we have uh Gaza Ranch in Late quarter Lane. So I mean there's some uh you know we used to have we used to have Vacaro in Dallas and uh you know, I mean it's their community summer. Some are second and third homes and some of them are primary residencies.
Speaker 4: And is that drift Driftwood in Austin, Is that a new one of Discovery also.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now I was going to say, and we have Driftwood in Austin.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, that's awesome. I was talking about Red Feather.
Speaker 4: I was talking to Casey uh there, because we have you know, there's temporary every course. You spend so much money building the course, and obviously the amenities come along kind of over time, right. The he was helping us out with some temporary stuff. But yeah, the service and everything, that's that's the jam. Obviously they're expensive to join. The dudes are expensive, but it's one of those you get what you pay for deals.
Speaker 1: It is. You're talking to Casey Polson yep, Yeah, Yeah, Casey has been every a long time. He he probably gave me a good tutorial and h the dues and don'ts and how to do it and stuff because he's uh, he's been around for a long time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's awesome. So Pete or or you talked about one hundred and what do you say? One hundred and sixty thousand square feet clubhouse?
Speaker 3: Is that? What is this's gotta be? I mean what is that one hundred?
Speaker 2: I mean ship?
Speaker 3: What does that cost a bit? What is that a one hundred million dollar building. I have no idea that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's north of one hundred million, but yeah, it's but it's uh, it's gonna it's really gonna be nice when it opens. Yeah, it'll be Uh it'll set a new kind of I think standard certainly for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on these Discovery properties and the golf courses, I'm kind of naive when it comes to these things. Do y'all pick a different designer for everyone? I mean, Fazzio is the rumor here in Fort Worth.
Speaker 1: I mean we have a lot of Fazzio courses, but uh, we have you know, we've had other guys that have done the courses and stuff like uh like marabell Is was a Norman play course that Fazio came in and touched up. And uh, you've got a Jones course and the Dominican at Playa Grande and El Dorado is a Nicholas course. But a lot of them are Fasio, who I'm a big fan of Fasio because when he builds a course, I mean his creek work in lake work is second to none, I think. I mean, when you look at a creek, it looks like it's been there for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he can. He can build them all.
Speaker 4: When you look at top hundred in the US, like, he's got some that are I mean, he's got some of the best obviously, and then he's got got more resort styles. But I don't know, he play has twenty in the top hundred.
Speaker 3: He has a ton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he I mean he can deliver a nice resort course and you know, depending on the budget, he can deliver you, you know, the badass which we have a lot of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Shadow Creek style.
Speaker 1: Have you ever played Shadow Creek? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I usually play a pro am there every year. I play. I mean, it is it's it's wild, it's it's so cool.
Speaker 1: If you did drop the Shadow Creek, you wouldn't even know you in Vegas. If you didn't know you were in Vegas.
Speaker 3: It's so cool, man, it's so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I play there and one day, one day I played and on the next day of the tournament, there was a new tree to aim at, totally different tree, and they're like, yeah, sometimes seasonally we change trees because just one won't survive in the summer, so we take it out and put it away, and then we put this one.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, that's freaking crazy, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. I mean, I think Shadow Creeks. You know, it's one of the great golf experiences on the planet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is pretty wild. When they have interchangeable trees. I mean, Augusta National is rumored to have an entire nursery where they have every single tree that's in play on the golf course, they have a replacement for it, like in the nursery behind the club. That's it's just wild. Some of the budgets of these places are just unlimited, so there's really no rules to what they can and can't do.
Speaker 2: Remember when they lost the Eisenhower.
Speaker 5: Tree, there was a debate on how to replace it, and you can't replace it two hundred year old tree, right, Augusta National. They were sure shit got to figure out a way to a six foot wide.
Speaker 1: Oak tree, you know, but they.
Speaker 2: Could, if anyone could, they could.
Speaker 5: But yeah, these discovery properties they have, it seems to me like they have unlimited money as well, because none of them go out of business and all of them are thriving.
Speaker 1: Seems like, well, you know, people that can afford it like their privacy and they like their security, you know, and so and in service all those three things. I mean, if you give those three things and do it well, you'll get people that attend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, for sure, it sounds it sounds like Summit Club's amazing there and then Shadow Creek amazing golf experience both. But then like clubhouse wise, they probably sound like they couldn't be more different. I mean, the clubhouse at Shadow Creek is I don't even what is the whole thing, five thousand square feet. Maybe the locker room's huge or whatever, but then it's just a different deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's that's total. That's like, you know, it's kind of obvious that there's not a lot of members there because I mean the locker rooms kind of cool, kind of open, and you know, you can see you're in the locker room, you can see anybody in the locker room, which at our place, our new clubhouse, that's not quite that you can be lost in there for a minute.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cool though. It's pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: It is well, people wanted to know about more than anything, the legendary obviously your legendary parties there at the Nelson, and we got to talk about your sub seventy sticks and people go to subseventy dot com check out all the new clubs that are come out from THA three.
Speaker 1: We're launching our wedges too here and I mean they're kind of launched, but the whole fall Arsenal will be in in the next few days. So we're getting ready to push a drive and put a big drive on that. And they're really their wedges are really not. Everybody that hit some loves them, so I'm really happy with them. Awesome.
Speaker 3: Well one good thing.
Speaker 4: So obviously we talked about, you know, the golf world whatever, but you have a lot of celebrities athletes, like what what's the best casual round form because I know your buddy you're playing with MJ a bunch, but like, what's the best golf experience you've had. It's like a you know, a chill golf experience playing with the other three dudes or whatever.
Speaker 1: One of the most unusual and it's a great word these days. Organic for a group was back before cell phones and all that. I used to play with. Robert Wagner was my partner in the AT and T and about two weeks before the tournament, I called on the phone. He said, yeah, we're going to Tuesday, we're going to play at Cyprus Point, and I said okay. So I show up on that Tuesday morning, and when I walk up, Clint Eastwood was putting on the putting green and so I and I knew Clint, and I said, hey, I done. He goes great, great, And we're sitting hitting a few butts, and then Bert Lancaster rolls up and Clint introduced me to Burt Lancaster, Hey are you doing? And uh, and I didn't really realize. Then right after that, Robert Wagner walked up and I go, hey, Robert, you know how you doing d And he goes, did you meet Burton Clinton? I go, well, I knew Clinton. I just met Burt. And he goes, okay, good, we're playing. We're playing together. So and I was, you know, quite a group just for like all of a sudden, then teeing off with Burt Lancaster, Clint Eastwood and Robert Wagner and we got done and we went and ate in the kitchen at Cypress Point, which I mean you gotta have a coat on and eat in the dining room there. So we went in the kitchen there and for one of those rounds that always is stuck in my mind as unusual and off the hook.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool, old school Hollywood man.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I mean. When you've played with when you've played with.
Speaker 5: Michael Jordan and all these guys, and you've probably played with everybody from Hollywood and athletes everywhere, and that's that's your special pairing. I mean, that is that's pretty damn cool. I would have never if you'd have given me one hundred guesses a to who are the other three guys in your force and where I never would have guessed those three.
Speaker 2: I mean, Clint Eastwood is to go.
Speaker 1: It was just one of the most unusual ones that really wasn't planned that that I that just happened was kind of the what was ironic about that whole thing is like I didn't know going out there that I was going to play with Burt Lancaster and Clint Eastwood that day, which I had played with Clint before, but you know it was so it was kind of one of those days that goes back in my memory of kind of one of those special days.
Speaker 5: That's pretty sweet. Yeah, Yeah, I think that's that's probably good. That's probably good enough for us I mean, shit, he's starting to wake up, Like you're starting to see a little more of his face. Now it's been dark for forty five minutes in his room. We're starting to see a little bit of him. It might be time to let him go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's going to Dubai Portugal, going down to Cabo to play a little member.
Speaker 3: Guess he's got him. He's going to have himself a couple of weeks here, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be a few different time zones here. In a minute, I think I to do Bay is like eighteen hours something Monday, four in the four in the afternoon, and I get there today and then I come right back Friday, So I won't be there that long. I've never been there.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully you're not in like thirty five e all the way over there. That would be a disaster.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to guess that's not the case.
Speaker 1: I'm not in thirty five.
Speaker 2: All right, good well, thank you, thank you for coming on for the people. That was a hell of a deal.
Speaker 5: We love, we love the different perspectives from all of the all of the stories, all the THA three legendary situations we've heard about over the years, all all confirmed today call FTP three.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming.
Speaker 1: On, well my pleasure guys, and you know, whenever you want to do again, let me know. You bet we'll do that. Oh yeah, all right boys spe