Speaker 1: It's with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Boston.
Speaker 2: Radio, Welcome back, everybody. Thank you Dan Watkins. As we move into our eleventh and fourth hour here on a Monday night, a friend of mine calls Monday Moon to Day, m a n day and yeah, gotta wake up people. We got some good topics tonight. I'd like you to rise to the occasion. We have not talked about Ukraine here on Nightside in quite a while in any depth. And I must tell you that part of the reason we have not talked about it it has really not been in the news. The on again, off again peace talks have sputtered and stammered and stuttered and gone nowhere. It is clear to me that Putin is playing a delaying game here and hopes to deliver a knockout blow at some point to Lensky. The Ukrainian forces have withstood everything the Russians have been able to throw at them short of a nuclear weapon, and hopefully nobody engages in that sort of tom foolery. But I think we have reached a very critical point over the weekend. And if you haven't seen this story, I am I'm going to explain it. Ukraine did something incredibly creative this weekend, and it has been compared to today. I heard someone compare it to the work that Israel had done with the exploding cell phones and the exploding radios that had been distributed to Hesbela operatives in Lebanon earlier. I think it was either late last year or early this year. They were designed to explode literally in the pockets of the Hesbola operatives and a lot of the leadership, certainly the second level leadership of Hesbola was destroyed by a brilliant Israeli attack, which I mean, it's one of those things that the Israelis know how to outthink their opponents. Well, the Ukrainians over this weekend had put into place now paraphrasing or reading from a New York Times article, which will I think be in the Times tomorrow morning, Ukraine hit attack drones in Russia. These videos show what happened. I saw a couple of the videos tonight on the ABC World News Tonight. For months, even as forces were losing ground on the battlefield at home, the Ukrainian military was planning a stunning assault deep in Russian soil. So on Sunday, remotely operated Ukrainian drones emerged from hiding inside Russia and began wreaking damage. When they were done, at least a dozen military aircraft lay in ruins. I think it's more than a dozen. I think the Time is underestimating that. An analysis of videos and satellite imagery by The New York Times shows the extent of the attack. What apparently happened was these drones were hidden inside of trucks, and the trucks appeared to be transporting housing supplies, even modular homes, and somehow someway the top of the trucks recoiled and the drones were timed, and they were within a few miles of Russian airfields, and the drones took off and an a coordinated attack hit at least maybe as many as eight Russian airfields. Strategic bombers. These were bombers that could carry nuclear weapons. At at least two airfields. I don't know the names of these airfields, but I'll read them to you. Balaya and Olinya were destroyed. Total Ukraine targeted bases in five regions, according to Russia's Ministry of Defense, which set attacks on three other locations, had been repelled. Oh yes, if you believe that. Fine. The Times was not able to verify those claims, but satellite imagery captured on Monday, meaning today, indicates that no aircraft were damaged. As two of the other bases likely targeted, No clear satellite imagery footage existed for the third base, but a video shared widely online and verified by the Time shows a recording of the software responsible for piloting the Ukrainians drones as their assault on the Yaya Balaya airbase began. This online footage captures a dron's view as it flies over the base toward a line of at least six aircraft before descending toward a tupe Lev two ninety five bomber and I believe that's one of the bombers that can carry nuclear weapons. Shortly after, a video shows two drones launched from containers that appear to be disguised as modula holmes. Mounted on the back of a nearby semi truck. They fly towards smoke plumes billowing from the base less than four miles away. This is amazing video. They have literally rendered a body blow to the Russian military in the Russian Air Force, which is significant. Now I have no idea how Putin's going to respond. I have no idea if he's absolutely nuts. This is in the body there to assess the damage at the airbase, The Times obtained radar imagery from a space imaging company Umbra that can see through cloudy sky. Seven strategic bombers appear to be completely destroyed, very likely four Tu two m that means nothing to me, and three tu tu ninety five bombers also visible in the drone footage. A geo A Geospatial Analysts published the same findings previously that confirmed damage at Belaya signals a blow to Russia's campaign of using long range bombers to target Ukraine. So what Ukraine struck at with the very basis that we're bombing and sending missiles and ordinance into Ukraine. So I think it's great. And the Ukraine, which has turned out to be a feisty opponent for Russia, and Russia has now had to bring in Chinese strons, Iranian drones, North Korean foot soldiers. So here's my point. I'm getting excited. Here here's my point. It is now time for Donald Trump, in my opinion, has to walk a little bit of a fine line. We don't want nuclear war. But I think he has to say to Putin. He has to be a good cop in the back cop, and he has to say to Putin, look, you got to trust me. This is a losing battle for you. This is eventually going to potentially cause your people to rise up in your own leadership could be a jeopardy. You've picked a bad fight with Zelenski and his opponents. I know you don't like them. I know you would hope to accomplish much more. But at this time, it's time for you to cut your losses. And if you don't cut your losses, I'm going to impose greater and maybe even crippling sanctions. So I think Trump has to play both the good cop and the bad cop. He can't do good cop or bad cop only one. He has to play both. And he has to convince Putin. And if he's able to do this, okay, hats off to him. He has to convince Putin that it's in his country's best interest to end the war, to come to a ceasefire, to reassess where they are, what their losses are. In my opinion, whether Trump will do that, I don't know. I don't know. I do not believe that Trump is a toty of Putin's. I don't believe that. Okay, I know some of you believe that. If you believe that, that's fine. But now is the time for Trump to apply pressure on Putin, pressure economic pressure, which will force Putin to sit down and sue for an end to the hostilities. I think it is imperative, and I think this is the time that it has to happen. Now, you can tell me I'm crazy. I don't care. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I would hope, I would hope that there are conversations underway even tonight, while these wounds are fresh in Russia, that it is time for them to end this war, just as they had to finally withdraw from Afghanistan. The analogy will not be lost on Putin. Join the conversation. Only one line open in six one, seven, nine, ten thirty. Let's get it going, coming back on Nightside right after this quick break.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w BZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to the phones. Gonna start it off with Bob and Rhode Island. Bob, you were next on Nightside. Welcome, Hello, Dan, Hey, Bob.
Speaker 3: Uh didn't Trump say that when he ran against Harris that he was going to stop the Ukraine War and Russia War the first day he was in office?
Speaker 2: Yep. Pop Political candidates, you correct. Political candidates say a lot of things. Absolutely, when Lyndon Johnson, I thought he was a little can I finish? Can I finish a comment? Bob?
Speaker 3: I meant, all right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not going to cut you off. You don't have to apologize. I remember Lyndon Johnson in nineteen sixty four, when he's running against Barry Goldwater said I'm not going to send American boys to fight a war that the Vietnamese boys should be fighting. These politics, I should say a lot of stuff. You're right, you're right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a wheel of deal at Trump making the hot of a deal. I don't think the war stopped yet. It's June second, almost June third. Wonderd he get get in office January twentieth.
Speaker 2: That's when that's what he was inaugurated. You're correct on all of those points. It is indeed June second, it's almost January third. You're correct.
Speaker 3: So Trump is just as much of bs honist as anybody, maybe more so. Well, I hope, I hope the war ends. Yeah, I know, well.
Speaker 2: I do too, And let's see what happens. I was I wanted to to get people to focus on what Ukraine accomplished this weekend, which was brilliant. Did you get a chance to see any of that.
Speaker 3: No, I just heard you're talking about it. I'm happy about that. Yeah, I am sorry, he said, he said. Trump says, I'm I'm sorry about all them five thousand people the troops in a week or whatever it is that are being killed. Well, it's five months later, and as I read, I won't say it again, I don't see any results from Trump yet.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes results take a little longer. Do I think that he thought that somehow, someway he had a magic formula. I don't know. That's what he said. The war has gone on. I never believed. I'm an intelligent person and you're an intelligent person. I don't think that unless literally he had putin in his back pocket that it's going to end. But that's okay. I want to see what happens in the next few weeks or maybe even in the next few days. I'd like to see some US put on Russia. Was time to put pressure on.
Speaker 3: Him, Yeah, whatever it takes. I don't get I don't like I don't like Putin. I do like Zuwinski, and I hope Zolenski and the Ukraine wins out in this deal.
Speaker 2: No. I mean, obviously Russia started the war. Russia Mount, you know, mass the troupe, There's no question about that. And it started not when Trump was in the White House. It started when Biden was in the White House.
Speaker 3: And here we go, here we go Biden again.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm just you would you cited some facts to me that I that I agreed with you on. You told me that Trump was inaugurated on January twentieth, which is true, and today's June second, it's almost June third, which is true. I just am giving you some context that the war started. Well, Biden, remember I remember talking about the Russian troops massing on the border, and Biden was saying I told him, don't don't. Well Putin didn't listen to him. That's all.
Speaker 3: That's all Trump any Is Trump any tougher than Biden? I don't think so. It was five months after get inaugurated. I don't see any results.
Speaker 2: How much landed Putin when Trump was in the White House?
Speaker 3: God, none, none, Okay, all right, So you think Putin's scared of Trump.
Speaker 2: I don't. I think Putin probably figures Trump is a is a wild card, and I think.
Speaker 3: The police wildcod all right, is a maniac.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, that's fine, that's a good analysis. I didn't realize you had a psychological degree. But Bob, your point of view is always welcome here. I hope you know that. And I appreciate you getting in.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. I appreciate you to let me on the air. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Your gentlemen, thank you very much. Let me go to Jack and Newton. Hey, Jack, welcome back, Jack.
Speaker 4: Hi Jack Porter. Well, as you know, IM a Ukrainian woman and I have a I have a stepdaughter and the grandchildren, and yourkra This.
Speaker 2: Is personal to you. I know that. Jack, absolutely love to know. I thought what happened over the weekend was was really great.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know about that. I you can't, you can't cannot defeat Russia militarily. Russia could defeat. Ukraine could destroy Ukraine if it wants to with many, many bombs. So and I think it, you know, puts Ukraine, puts dominating in great danger. But you pointed out a lot of things that could be done. Whether it will be done, But the biggest thing is when you have two people that have called zero some game. You know, Ukraine doesn't want to give up Crimea and the NMS and Russia wants it so.
Speaker 2: Well Russia, Russia already has Crimea, they've had Crimea.
Speaker 4: Ukraine. But I just think you're not When you have that kind of conflict with one wanting this and the other one wanting that, and there's no means to discuss anything in between, then you know you'll have continual war. And I think Trump recognizes that and he'll probably walk away because he doesn't always listening to him. So I don't know. I don't know if there's a solution.
Speaker 2: I'm not convinced it's a solution either. But I'll tell you this, in my opinion, Ukraine did the right thing this weekend. They took out some very significant parts of the Russian Air Force and it's it was good for Ukraine and it was good for the world.
Speaker 4: Now I would disagree. You can't destroy Russia. The south military powers in the world. You know, they destroy a few plays. If Russia wants to drop the bounds and destroy you think it could do so. It could have happened. So and that's what I really worry about. I worry about the new to your right, Well, here's the thing, if.
Speaker 2: Jack, Jack, I do anything, I don't. I have kids, I have grand kids. I worry about the nuclear situation as well. But but but my question to you is what is the alternative? Is the alternative to watch Russia just pound this this small country into into oblivion? Is that the answer?
Speaker 4: No, No, that they're not pounding into either into oblivion. Now there is there's no military solution to this thing. It has to be diplomatic.
Speaker 2: But show there's a military solution. Russia could go in and and drop nuclear weapons and they could wipe out.
Speaker 4: The Ukraine at the end of the world. Then okay.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is, and I think that I think that I don't think even Putin is nuts enough to do that.
Speaker 4: I don't think that up as you say, that's the military I don't think you know, there's no military solution. There's got to be a diplomatic solution. But it takes two people to give in. And if you decide it's not going to give in, then you have just you know, it's like Iraq, you know, just or Syria just goes on and I'll even Vietnam. It just keeps going on and on and on until you totally get exhausted, and then who knows, you know, maybe just the the cessation of war is the solution. You know, a cold work.
Speaker 2: Well wait, wait a second. We had we had World War two and you know, the United States, with some help from Russia, took took on Germany. And you know what are we supposed to do? Sit back and say, oh, let's let you know, there comes a point in time where a great power has to stand up, and I think that Donald Trump. This is a moment in time where Trump has to show his metal and Trump has to sit down and if necessary, meet with putin face to face and say, look, you've had three and a half years, this is not working out the way you wanted it. It's time to stop.
Speaker 4: And if you don't stop, if you don't say no, I don't want to stop, Okay, then we.
Speaker 2: Have some economic sanctions that are going to cripple your economy. And we do have economic.
Speaker 4: Sanctions, he'll have Shia, there's nothing. That's why Trump is going to walk away though with this, because he sees it's kind of like a realistic I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can afford to walk away from this. Jack.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, he's walking away on the life of what is he doing. He doesn't have a solution because nobody's listening. He's like, he's a negotiator. If neither side wants to give in nothing to negotiat.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see, Jack, let's see what let's see let's talk six months from now, and let's read.
Speaker 4: So we're talking about my children, you know, my grandchildren. You know, human liars are at stake there.
Speaker 2: Do you have children and grandchildren over there?
Speaker 4: I have children. I have a step daughter in Ukraine.
Speaker 2: In Ukraine. Well, you should be praying every night for Donald Trump to be able to convince Putin to stop this. Jack, I gotta run, Thank.
Speaker 4: You, mom.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, my friend. We'll take a quick break. You know, all we're doing is we're talking here.
Speaker 5: Folks.
Speaker 2: Don't take it personal. Okay, don't take it personally. The only line that's open right now is six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. We're going to get everybody in. And this is a I think it's a moment in time. It's funny when wed when this first started, I was very disappointed in my audience. They didn't seem to understand what's at stake.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I think that this is a moment in time where where a great superpower, the United States, may be able to convince Putin to do the right thing. Because even though Putin is probably a little nuts himself, I think he might actually be a little fearful of Trump, which might at the end of the day be a good thing. We'll be back at Nightside. Feel free. The only line six one seven, nine three, one ten thirty. Everybody's getting in tonight. Whatever your point of view.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Kay, we're talking about Ukraine Russia. I think that this counter attack by Ukraine might lead to peace. It's not a piece that Putin wants, but it's a piece that he might have to accept. In my opinion. You can agree or disagree. Most of the callers so far disagree, which is fine. We got two open lines at six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. If you want to get in. Let me go to Will and Long Island. Hey, Will, welcome, How are.
Speaker 6: You, Hey, Dan? How are you?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: It certainly exploited some abilities. It also proved that you could have this asymmetrical type of warfare, that is smaller military could exploit.
Speaker 2: Oh we just lost Will. Will you got a call back. We didn't cut you off. But that's the shortest phone call I've ever had from Will. Will will get you back if you'd like, Cohen. Let's go to that. We did not cut you off. Will. I was just listening when he calls back, let me know, Rob, Will put him back up, and I go to Patrick and Charlestown. Patrick next on nightside.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine? So far? Everybody has very well. Everybody's kind of disagreed with me so far. I didn't hear enough from Will to know what his position was. Go right ahead, Patrick, listen.
Speaker 7: So, I frankly don't care what the President of Ukraine does for his country. What I care about is us saying out of it, and what this guy did today was an escalation and the backdrop of ongoing efforts to settle this war. This was an effort by the president of the Ukraine to make sure that he could cripple any negotiations to resolve this thing peaceably. I think that his position in his survival in that position of presidency, I think is is aided by the continuance of the war. And I don't think that we should look upon this as something that is beneficial to the United States, and that if if we're going to support that country at all, they need to cooperate with us and on our national interest to seeing a peaceable resolution, not an escalation which could potentially lead to World War three.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I I take your points. Let me let me count a couple of them, and that is this whenever Russia loses a few supersonic bombers, and that's a good day for the United States in my opinion. And I'm not being a wise guy when I say that it would be interesting, interesting to see how Trump, how President Trump handles this. I think now is the time to put some pressure on Putin to end this. And I think that Donald Trump has the ability to play both good cop, bad cop, as they said at the beginning of the hour, and basically stay to putin. Look, I'm giving you the best advice I can give you. This is not worth it. You've got too much at stake. This could go this could turn around in backfire and really hurt you.
Speaker 7: Now and I actulutely agree with you. However, I think that only tells half of the story. I think at the same time, he should go to this moron running a Ukraine, this dictator, effectively tell him that that's the end of the spigot. If you do anything without our permission ever again, you'll never see another dollar of American aid.
Speaker 2: How do you know how you know we didn't have he didn't have our permission.
Speaker 7: I don't know that. I don't I don't know what.
Speaker 2: We're playing with this. I mean again, I think that Look, I don't think the continuation of this is in anyone's interest at this point.
Speaker 7: How about our interests? All about the United States? What's what's I think.
Speaker 2: Anything that we get Russia helps us. I think that that that that I'm more worried about Russia than I am of China. I know China is an economic power, is a big concern, but in terms of a military power, I'm concerned about Russia because of this.
Speaker 7: Always love that I always love that police song, uh, staying police.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: I hope the Russians love their children too, you know. And I've always yeah, I've always felt my entire life like we've we've created this caricature of the Russians that they're there's horrible people. Every Russian person I've ever met has been awesome. They've been hardworking, brilliant people, lots of scientists, lots of They're amazing people. Man, Like, what were you.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about the people. I'm talking about the lead. I'm talking about the polit bureau.
Speaker 7: I understand now this has been going on for a long time, and you know, it's funny that people criticize Trump for not being able to resolve this war when you know, in twenty fourteen, under the Obama administration, the CIA fostered the revolution that overthrew an elected president of Ukraine who was more thought of as being so more friendly to Russia, who at least out Sevastopol's naval base to the Russian fleet and so on. The CIA overthrew d were on the ground in the Ukraine, fostering revolution that led to the overthrow the democratically elected present.
Speaker 2: Let me just say, Patrick, you're not wrong there. I'm you're absolutely I believe from what I've read that you're absolutely correct. But it is not twenty fourteen anymore. And we got to deal with the cards that are on the table.
Speaker 7: How do we get this thing closed up?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 2: I just curiosity at eleven when I opened up all I wasn't basically said, I think this is an opportunity for Donald Trump to play good cop bad cop cops. Simultaneously sit down with Putin, get him on the phone, sit down, have a face to face meeting, and say, look, you know you were You were running the risk of losing control of this situation. And this has gone on way too long. You've paid too big a price. Now is the time to settle it.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: And he could say that. He could say that Putin, you asked me how to settle it. He could say to Putin, looked, I have the ability to put some pressure on Zolynsky that maybe you don't have diplomatically, And if you're willing to work with me and be honest, I can bring I can bring Zelinsky to heal, and that might be the way to solve it, in my opinion.
Speaker 7: And I think the one thing I'd like to add to that is You've known a lot of tough, nasty guys in your life, and when one of them get knocked down Dan, talking to them and telling them, hey, you shouldn't retaliate is a difficult thing to do. Their pride is involved, yes, and so in this in this situation, I think what he has to do is something like what he did with that in Yahoo, and he's going to have to say, hey, listen, hold off from retaliating like you're going to. They're going to retaliate in some amazing way within the next few days that you're not even gonna believe, and we're going to see an escalation that's gonna spend this out of control.
Speaker 2: Hope you I hope you're wrong.
Speaker 7: You have to take care of his wounded ego, Dan, and we have to. He's not gonna back down out of fear. We need to try to.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I'm agreeing with that. I'm not saying he's gonna He's got to go to He's got to basically play the role of being a friend and also an analyst. That's all I'm trying to say. He's he's not, he's got he has a delegate, uh needle to thread here, and I hope you can do it. I'm talking about Trump not putin. All right, gotta run, Patrick, Thank you much.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Dan?
Speaker 2: Do you soon? All right? Let me keep rolling here. I guess we're not gonna get my pell Will from Long Island back, but that's okay. Let me go to Rick in Dover, New Hampshire. Rick love to know what you're thinking about this, and where are the ladies on this one? This is only got Irene coming up. That's good. Hey, Rick, welcome, Hey, we're hi. Dan.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I think the KGV spymaster is playing chess.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 8: Trump can't even set up the checkerboard. I mean, nobody respects this guy. He's not Henry Kissinger, the guy had to get a male order bride from Russia. Come on, man, nobody respects him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Rick, you're engaging in some uh some rhetoric that I don't think Millennia is a male order bride in the classic sense of a male order bride. But again, I just think that's beneath you. If you want to make that guy.
Speaker 8: The guy's a failed, washed up businessman, a game show host.
Speaker 2: Right, he's also and he's also the president, and he's also he's also the president of the United States who was elected in twenty sixteen, left in disgrace and was able to resurrect himself. Kill that, Rob, to kill that, please? You know you use your big words next time, Rick, Okay, thanks very much. I don't need that. I hope you got that, Rob. I don't want to. I don't want an f bomb out in the air on my Sure, we'll take a break, have another drink, Rick, and call us back next week. We'll take a quick break here on Nightside. Irene is going to be next, and I know, I Reen, what's that. I'm gonna get to Will after Irene. Irene is next, and then we get to Will. Don't worry. We're coming back on night.
Speaker 1: Side, Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio car.
Speaker 2: Let's get a roll in this promised Irene in Rhode Island. Hey, Irene, welcome next on Nightside.
Speaker 9: Hi, Hi, taking my call, Will Ray?
Speaker 2: Dan, you call me Dan.
Speaker 9: It's okay, I'm a ninety nine year old woman.
Speaker 10: That is.
Speaker 9: Or foul politics for a long long time. And I can remember years ago reading Patrick Patrick bucannons otcles and he said at that time that pouted and wanted a warm water port for his navy, and he would go after the Black Sea so he could have his warm water port in the Black Sea. And that, wow, the Black Sea is shallow.
Speaker 2: Well, it must be. It must be deep enough if it's a sea. I read. I don't know, Hey, I read. Let me ask you. I got to ask you this. When do you celebrate the century mark?
Speaker 9: December twenty seventh, nineteen twenty five.
Speaker 2: Wow, December twenty seventh, Irene, I want to gonna write this down, and I hope you would you call us back that week so week and wish you a really happy birthday. I really would like to do that.
Speaker 11: If you don't mind, well I will.
Speaker 9: I will.
Speaker 2: Have you called me before, because I don't remember ever having spoken with you.
Speaker 9: No, but I've been a faithful listener and I don't fight them.
Speaker 2: First time call a gets a big round of applause. You go right ahead, thanks, Irene.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm disappointed when I hear people criticizing Trump. That man eMate it to our assassination attempts. He's a businessman, and America's business is business. That's why.
Speaker 2: That's a great saying. And I forget who said that, but that is so true, so.
Speaker 9: True, totly that that's a business man. He's running this country like a business, which should be not some somebody's hobby.
Speaker 2: All Right, Ireen, I'm gonna let you go because I got full lines. But I hope to hear from you often between now and next December, and I want to be able to wish you personally happy birthday on December twenty seventh.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks, thank you, Dan, Thanks Ireen.
Speaker 2: We'll talk again, thanks so much.
Speaker 9: All right here, happy, okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, will will normally I gave you a whole bunch of time, but I got people lined up behind you. But I'm bumping me up here, buddy, give it to me quick.
Speaker 6: I love Irene, number one, number two. You're much more insightful than you know Bob and Rick over there before. But I will say this this, obviously the exploited some vulnerabilities in Russia right, and certainly exposed some of the asymmetrical warfare that can be done by a smaller military versus a much larger one. Right. But you know, when I first spoke to you about this a long time ago, I said, I don't think they'll go win, but if they do, it a last forever, and they won't win because number one, they are a regional power at best. Number two, they've never won anything ever world War two. Even when they took one side of Berlin, they lost nine million soldiers. They were literally the worst fighting force out there. They couldn't take Afghanistan. They can't even take this. It's on their doorstep. It's literally on their doorstep.
Speaker 2: It's all we couldn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's no.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 6: We copied Afghanistan and we gave it over to and elected. We gave it back, but we finished Afghanistan. We took Iraq, and we were trying to hold places that were thousands of miles away. This is literally on their front steps and they can't do anything. And if they were on are with the Ukrainian soldiers, they wouldn't be asking North Koreans that know nothing about the area to come over there and fight with them.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks, I'm gonna let you go. Thank you much. What happened? Your phone just drop out on us before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I no, no, I was still on hold with you guys, So I think there was a cross up on the line. I thought I was talking to you, and I thought I made some great points, but I.
Speaker 2: Guess thanks good night. All right, let me get real quickly, gonna try to get three in here. It's gonna be tough. Frank in Boston, Frank next on nightside.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, whoa bill. That was some great stuff. But I think that Ukraine had did some double o seven stuff here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a great move.
Speaker 5: And yeah, and also I don't think this thing is gonna get resolved until the Europeans step up, because one thing that all this situation has done the last few days is just like the so so said about America in World War Two, we have awoken a sleeping giant. Europe is gonna end up dominating this world. And unless we get you, unless we have a whole bunch of nations that get together, we're gonna be weak. The rest of the world is gonna be weak compared to Europe. America and Canada and Mexico should become one union, which is one thing that I agree with Trump. But like I said, this we have a woke on a sleeping giant. And the only way this is gonna get resolved is that Europe steps up and starts saying screw you Trump.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, fair enough, Frank, I got you in. I got two more. We'll talk again. Thank you for you, gentlemen, Thank you, appreciate. Stu Is in Pennsylvania. Stew I only got about a minute for you. I want to get you and I want to get John in from Boston. Go ahead, ste.
Speaker 10: How you knowing the night?
Speaker 2: Dan put your take on this?
Speaker 10: Well, uh boy, that older lady, God, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: And then that's so great. She was the sharpest, sharpest tool in the draw tonight.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you, well, she had a little bit more time, she would have been really on the mark. And she's It's just thank god the elderly are still thinking it and running on twelve olders, because I see people a third of her age and they must have just stepped out of the bar. Anyway, the good movie to look at is Thirteen Days.
Speaker 2: This is the real deal with sixty two missile crisis. I'm familiar with it. Yep.
Speaker 10: Okay, well, I've watched that movie. I can't tell you how many times because I study it and every sixty just.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm sure you know. October sixteenth, nineteen sixty two to October twenty ninth.
Speaker 10: Well, Kennedy, the Kennedy's and O'Donnell stopped the military industrial complex from getting US into another war that would have finished us. And here's the quote from Kennedy where he says, we have to put us in to war before end war puts an end to us. And what I see are globalists that are still out to covet other geographies, other people's lands, and they'll do anything to do it. We got to put a stop to these globalists and these people that are just dying to create another war.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Trump is your guy.
Speaker 10: That's that. Diplomatic is a way to go. We don't need wars, We don't need these globalists trying to control.
Speaker 11: Do.
Speaker 2: I gave you a minute and a half, and I got to give John thirty seconds. Okay, man, we'll talk again.
Speaker 10: Thanks guy, keep.
Speaker 2: Calling good night. I saved literally thirty seconds for you. John.
Speaker 11: Go okay, I'm gonna probably be real breathe. A couple of months ago, The New York Times did a great story on how the United States is helping Ukraine, but I made it called up and your chief edits to please tell us why Why is the United States helping Ukraine on a NATO country and they've given them billions of dollars? And who helped Ukraine this weekend pulled us off? So it's the war between.
Speaker 5: The United States, I Russia and of the same.
Speaker 11: You have a lot of goodies over in Ukraine, and the United States doesn't want rush to have them. So please call us, get some one in your show, tell us why the United States is helping Ukraine?
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks John, appreciate your call.
Speaker 1: Car I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I'll give you much more time, but I'm done. I'm done for the night. Thanks John, have a great night. Done for the night. Want to thank Rob, want to thank Marita. Want to thank all the callers and all the listeners. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's Mi pell Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago. That's where all your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope see again tomorrow night. Everybody have a great Tuesday. I will be on Facebook in a couple of minutes. Nightside with Dan Ray on Facebook. Join us there